50%

Total votes: 8
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

I am not Mafia. Thats all I can say.

Linki~ you can quote this post but not that one :( ?

I will go find it.

And Golden, I am frustrated and a jerk, but not Mafia.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:One thing I don't think SVS ever does is lie about stuff like 'contacting the host'.

I completely believe she has been honest about all of that.

I do not think it necessarily points to her being civ, I still think she could be bad, but I by no means call into question the truthfulness of her talking about that stuff.
I don't question that either- just the timing of how she has chosen to present what information she has. I think it is misleading.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

Here is the one, SVS
Spoiler: show
Golden wrote:As for the rest of this post. It really makes me only feel worse about SVS. Responses in pink
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:Epi just dropped the mic!

Now the case on SVS I sort of see. I could have used the word interesting in this thread, but the chances of me remembering whether I did or didn't is zero. Defending LC's use of the word while pointing out she did it herself I could definitely see as a potential move to make herself look better if LC flipped civ.

It's a little thing, but this is my first legitimate ping.
I did a search when Epi made a big deal of it, and three people had used it. I was one of them. When they came for me, to paraphrase that WW2 German pastor, there was no one left to speak for me. If Epi led a lynch on someone for use of a common word, I might be next.

Are you trying to suggest that you did not know you used the word interesting when you made that search? Then why did you make it? Isn't it a slightly odd thing to do to make a search of who used the word 'interesting'? Normally, if you disagreed with a word being suspicious, you would just say that - you wouldn't do a search. So we honest - did you remember you used it, or didn't you?
Golden wrote:Also, are you eating bean dip?

This is fun. Epi reminds me of me when I think I've caught baddies on day zero.

And did you?

Not relevant. When I said I got civ vibes from epi, I also said I didn't agree with his case on LC. It's about tone and approach, and this looks different to the way I'm used to epi questioning people.

It reminds me of Epi in almost every game I have ever played with him, good or bad, with his cryptic Day One (or Zero as the case may be) gambits & mind games. Yoni, as TGG told me it was called (repeatedly :p ) during Biblical.

You don't have to get civ vibes from epi - doesn't mean I can't.
Golden wrote:Hey, for the first time ever I'm getting civ vibes from Epi!

I don't agree with the case on LC, but I do agree that this game has not gotten in the least bit interesting (linki - sorry SVS!).

For me, the most interesting post this game is the one Cobalt posted, which Timmer quoted above. I think there are quite a number of players in this game who could point to games where they have played the super-civvie. Especially invoking the 'my most recent game' thing... and all in a comment where he purports not to care if we vote for him. Do I see potential civilian motives for posting it? Yes. It's not easy to have a voice in a place where you are not known, so making a cred grab isn't necessarily inherently suspicious.

But civilians don't usually go around flashing their supatown credentials.
Now I found this post interesting. What about him gave you that civ vibe? His back & forth with MP? His vaguely sneering tone? If you are getting a civvie vibe from him, what do you think of MP?

I have no read on MP. Nothing Epi did on MP had any relevance to me saying I got civ vibes from Epi, which given my timing on saying it (coming right after his case on LC) I think you know very well.

I have not made my mind up on Epi, but I gotta say (and he knows it) that I loathe his fishing expeditions, the way he throws fake suspicions out early in the game to gauge reactions, then drops them after Day One.

We don't know epi is going to drop anything after day 1 since it's still day 0.

And I don't like Rainbow lists, I don't like ANY lists this early in the game, especially with 2 mafias. With one mafia, the baddies already know who is who, or more precisely, who is a civ. Two mafias complicates things, and lists naming who people trust help the baddies at this stage; I will be happy to list those I don't trust, but not those that I do. And if I am alive to make a list later in the game, it will be not be a rainbow. We had a discussion about Rainbow lists in the mod forum, which prompted me to find my new nifty grey rainbow avatar. And I will look askew at those who use list posting as a litmus test.

I can appreciate that perspective. I took the same one into economics, and I got grumpy with people for wanting me to reveal too much of my thinking too early. I'm certainly not going to be making rainbow lists at an early stage in this game. BUT I'll consider making them later, and I don't begrudge those who do for making them.

If this is Day Zero Day One should be fabulous :D
All up - this post is exactly the kind of thing I expect from you if you are bad - you are throwing out generalisations to discredit epi, stuff like suggesting he will drop the suspicion after day 1. People who don't know epi, by the way, are picking up on this and it's making them think twice about epi. That's not necessarily a terrible thing, but certainly it's bad if people are only thinking you are bad because epi told them to...

For me there are two separate things in play. One is the case on SVS. One is Epi's alignment. I don't think you are bad because I think epi is civ. I think you are bad because I think your own posts make you look that way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Another reason I believe S~V~S is Mafia:
S~V~S wrote:No, you're right. But he makes it sound so...horrible. When you do it it feels reasonable, when he does it it seems demagogue-ish. Huey Long like, I guess. And he knows (I hope) that this is said in a gameplay sense, not a real person sense. More than anyone I know, his game face and his real face are the most diverse. Sometimes it is hard to take that into account on my part, which is a failure of mine, not his. I need to learn to laugh him off, roll my eyes and move on. But for some reason I find it hard to do that. I am thinking I need to take a long break, or maybe even quit Mafia, tbh. I have always had that kind of reaction to that sort of aggression, maybe it's a "protect the Underdog complex. But lashing out at people for it has gotten me into trouble for years.
This links my "aggression" to S~V~S's need to "protect the underdog."

But what underdog was I going after at the time (and still am)? Long Con.

LC is not an underdog. He's a seasoned player. So why bring up the underdog "complex?"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:Here is the one, SVS
Golden wrote:As for the rest of this post. It really makes me only feel worse about SVS. Responses in pink
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:Epi just dropped the mic!

Now the case on SVS I sort of see. I could have used the word interesting in this thread, but the chances of me remembering whether I did or didn't is zero. Defending LC's use of the word while pointing out she did it herself I could definitely see as a potential move to make herself look better if LC flipped civ.

It's a little thing, but this is my first legitimate ping.
I did a search when Epi made a big deal of it, and three people had used it. I was one of them. When they came for me, to paraphrase that WW2 German pastor, there was no one left to speak for me. If Epi led a lynch on someone for use of a common word, I might be next.

Are you trying to suggest that you did not know you used the word interesting when you made that search? Then why did you make it? Isn't it a slightly odd thing to do to make a search of who used the word 'interesting'? Normally, if you disagreed with a word being suspicious, you would just say that - you wouldn't do a search. So we honest - did you remember you used it, or didn't you?

I did not think about it; I use it alot. I searched my posts and I have said it over 200 times in some 9,000 posts. I was surprised, though, that more people had not used it. It's a fairly common Day One word, to make the point that you are intrigued, but not like all over someones shit. I probably knew I used it, but like I said, I use it maybe more than I should.
Golden wrote:Also, are you eating bean dip?

This is fun. Epi reminds me of me when I think I've caught baddies on day zero.

And did you?

Not relevant. When I said I got civ vibes from epi, I also said I didn't agree with his case on LC. It's about tone and approach, and this looks different to the way I'm used to epi questioning people.

It was a relevant question to me. I want to know if you caught baddies when you were acting the way you say Epi is. You think someone asking you a question is irrelevant in a Mafia game?

It reminds me of Epi in almost every game I have ever played with him, good or bad, with his cryptic Day One (or Zero as the case may be) gambits & mind games. Yoni, as TGG told me it was called (repeatedly :p ) during Biblical.

You don't have to get civ vibes from epi - doesn't mean I can't.
Golden wrote:Hey, for the first time ever I'm getting civ vibes from Epi!

I don't agree with the case on LC, but I do agree that this game has not gotten in the least bit interesting (linki - sorry SVS!).

For me, the most interesting post this game is the one Cobalt posted, which Timmer quoted above. I think there are quite a number of players in this game who could point to games where they have played the super-civvie. Especially invoking the 'my most recent game' thing... and all in a comment where he purports not to care if we vote for him. Do I see potential civilian motives for posting it? Yes. It's not easy to have a voice in a place where you are not known, so making a cred grab isn't necessarily inherently suspicious.

But civilians don't usually go around flashing their supatown credentials.
Now I found this post interesting. What about him gave you that civ vibe? His back & forth with MP? His vaguely sneering tone? If you are getting a civvie vibe from him, what do you think of MP?

I have no read on MP. Nothing Epi did on MP had any relevance to me saying I got civ vibes from Epi, which given my timing on saying it (coming right after his case on LC) I think you know very well.
Well, Epi had spent a large part of Day Zero going back & forth with MP. So I wanted to know if you agreed with him.

I have not made my mind up on Epi, but I gotta say (and he knows it) that I loathe his fishing expeditions, the way he throws fake suspicions out early in the game to gauge reactions, then drops them after Day One.

We don't know epi is going to drop anything after day 1 since it's still day 0.

I was making an observation. How is this suspicious to you?

And I don't like Rainbow lists, I don't like ANY lists this early in the game, especially with 2 mafias. With one mafia, the baddies already know who is who, or more precisely, who is a civ. Two mafias complicates things, and lists naming who people trust help the baddies at this stage; I will be happy to list those I don't trust, but not those that I do. And if I am alive to make a list later in the game, it will be not be a rainbow. We had a discussion about Rainbow lists in the mod forum, which prompted me to find my new nifty grey rainbow avatar. And I will look askew at those who use list posting as a litmus test.

I can appreciate that perspective. I took the same one into economics, and I got grumpy with people for wanting me to reveal too much of my thinking too early. I'm certainly not going to be making rainbow lists at an early stage in this game. BUT I'll consider making them later, and I don't begrudge those who do for making them.

Ditto

If this is Day Zero Day One should be fabulous :D
All up - this post is exactly the kind of thing I expect from you if you are bad - you are throwing out generalisations to discredit epi, stuff like suggesting he will drop the suspicion after day 1. People who don't know epi, by the way, are picking up on this and it's making them think twice about epi. That's not necessarily a terrible thing, but certainly it's bad if people are only thinking you are bad because epi told them to...

Epi does that alot. Ask anyone who has played with him. He says stuff early to gauge reactions.

For me there are two separate things in play. One is the case on SVS. One is Epi's alignment. I don't think you are bad because I think epi is civ. I think you are bad because I think your own posts make you look that way.
So again, Golden, what are your concerns with me?

Linki, becasue YOU were the one attacking him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Linki, becasue YOU were the one attacking him.
So anyone I go after is automatically an underdog?

Thanks, but what? :confused:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The way I felt the other day, yes. I feel that you are often a bully, or felt that way when i said that. I overreacted, as I already said. But that is what i was thinking at the time I said that.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

S~V~S wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Due to all that has been said about SVS, I am on board with an SVS lynch if that's the way it goes today. Keeping my vote on Long Con for now until a few more are willing to commit to a vote elsewhere.
Why? Can you explain it to me in your own words, rather than referring to what has been said?
To make a long story short you're all over the damn place.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to vote for myself. I said a lot of stupid stuff, and was rude and inappropriate to a friend. Sorry Epi.

Linki, um how? Can you make a long story long? I am gonna vote myself, but after I am lynched, I will be interested to see the backtracking.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My concerns with you were that the way you went about answering the original suspicions against you. Your responses felt off to me - they still do a bit.

In response to your question 'have I caught baddies that way' - yes, many times. And there are times where I've caught civvies that way by accident too. But, my read of Epi feeling civ to me and my feeling that you read bad to me weren't linked.

I agree with you about Epi's aggression. In Economics last game I repeated over and over how people should take out Epi, and it wasn't because I thought he was bad. It's because I thought he was dominating the thread with aggression towards MP and I thought the town would be better off to move past it (because I was reading MP as civilian). In this game, though, (until the last page or so) compared to the epi I saw in keeler and economics I thought he was less aggressive. Because in those games he really went after someone so hard he buried them in their own frustration. You are not the first.

Hmm... I have to go for a couple of hours. SVS, anything else you want to say in your defence I'm listening to.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hmm... even those last couple of posts....
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS, if you are bad, I'm gonna be very disappointed in myself.

I find myself believing that SVS is actually civilian due to her posts today.

I'm going to vote Hedgeowl.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:The way I felt the other day, yes. I feel that you are often a bully, or felt that way when i said that. I overreacted, as I already said. But that is what i was thinking at the time I said that.
So you felt I bullied LC because I suspected him over his empty use of a word and his responses afterward?

I don't know how the hell else to play Mafia. Would you prefer I just vote and not post at all?

It's amazing to me that you call me a bully. I didn't call Long Con "full of shit." You called me that without giving a reason why. I don't mind. Do what you must. But I wouldn't call you a bully for it.

Post-game, I would like to know what I did that was bullying.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

I had people all over me saying I was "bullying" last game.

Basically, the vigilante gained a stock when each of three roles died or was lynched. Two players claimed those roles on like day three. I was furious, called them out and said how they were a. unbelievably inconsiderate and b. selfish for claiming something that would grant them immunity to night kill, pretty much, cuz the mafia wasn't gonna give our vigi stocks. I was called a bully by a salty mafia member that I took down even though those players didn't feel like I was bullying them at all.

So Epi, I see exactly where you are. I don't think you've bullied anyone; in fact I think you're one of the only voices in this game that I actually like right now.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

In fact, it almost looks like he's keeping under the radar so as not to draw too much attention to himself.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote: Sloonei - I still wonder why you focused so hard on the interaction between myself and Gumshoe. I still wonder why you haven't committed to a vote, is it to see if my bandwagon takes off before getting on it? You look moderately iffy to me because you won't commit.
This does not feel like a natural case against me. You said earlier in the game that you like to "address the situation directly" when your name is involved, and I've been naming you a lot all Day. You've been addressing my posts, but it has not been as aggressively as I would expect a townie player who is directly addressing the situation to act. You have lingered on my initial post about Gumshoe even though that particular post has hardly been a factor in my case against you. I initially brought it up out of suspicion for Gumshoe, not you. Your reaction was what triggered my suspicion. I feel if you were really a townie/civ you would have tried harder to case me than you have. You've hardly pushed back at all, and now you've put a somewhat weak scum read on me for my failure to commit to a vote. I feel like I've made it clear in all of my posts that I like to keep as open a mind as possible on Day 1, and as such my vote is not likely to come until the end of the day.

However, as votes are changeable, I feel comfortable putting an early vote on Cobalt.
There is still plenty of time left in the day, though.
I don't need to case you because I don't want to vote for you today. Trust me, I'm known for MP-style dissertations when I think I'm gonna die, or when I really want to get someone lynched. Frankly, I'm also not very solid in that iffy vibe on you because if I'm totally honest there's something about you that I just can't put my finger on. I didn't feel the need to push back because I don't particularly feel threatened by you. Does that make you feel a bit better or no?

I just think it's amusing that someone expects me to be MORE aggressive when usually that's what does make me look scummy. I'll push back harder at ya next time, hmm? :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote: Sloonei - I still wonder why you focused so hard on the interaction between myself and Gumshoe. I still wonder why you haven't committed to a vote, is it to see if my bandwagon takes off before getting on it? You look moderately iffy to me because you won't commit.
This does not feel like a natural case against me. You said earlier in the game that you like to "address the situation directly" when your name is involved, and I've been naming you a lot all Day. You've been addressing my posts, but it has not been as aggressively as I would expect a townie player who is directly addressing the situation to act. You have lingered on my initial post about Gumshoe even though that particular post has hardly been a factor in my case against you. I initially brought it up out of suspicion for Gumshoe, not you. Your reaction was what triggered my suspicion. I feel if you were really a townie/civ you would have tried harder to case me than you have. You've hardly pushed back at all, and now you've put a somewhat weak scum read on me for my failure to commit to a vote. I feel like I've made it clear in all of my posts that I like to keep as open a mind as possible on Day 1, and as such my vote is not likely to come until the end of the day.

However, as votes are changeable, I feel comfortable putting an early vote on Cobalt.
There is still plenty of time left in the day, though.
I don't need to case you because I don't want to vote for you today. Trust me, I'm known for MP-style dissertations when I think I'm gonna die, or when I really want to get someone lynched. Frankly, I'm also not very solid in that iffy vibe on you because if I'm totally honest there's something about you that I just can't put my finger on. I didn't feel the need to push back because I don't particularly feel threatened by you. Does that make you feel a bit better or no?

I just think it's amusing that someone expects me to be MORE aggressive when usually that's what does make me look scummy. I'll push back harder at ya next time, hmm? :p
Thank you, please do that. Don't you at least have any questions for me? Wouldn't asking questions now make me easier to read later?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cobalt wrote:That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

In fact, it almost looks like he's keeping under the radar so as not to draw too much attention to himself.
I don't like this. Hard working civilians make traction. They don't go where the wind is blowing.

It reinforces my view that you and Long Con are teammates.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

I don't like this. Hard working civilians make traction. They don't go where the wind is blowing.

Oh.

That's cool. idrgaf.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

I'll vote for him again next day when this SVS mess is out of our way.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Oh.

That's cool. idrgaf.
No, you do give a fuck.

You're nervous. Put that vote back on Long Con or I'll burn your ass tomorrow.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cobalt wrote:Due to all that has been said about SVS, I am on board with an SVS lynch if that's the way it goes today. Keeping my vote on Long Con for now until a few more are willing to commit to a vote elsewhere.
"I pretended to have a conviction, but I'm going to bandwagon anyway as soon as someone has one more vote than LC."
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I voted for Long Con. I think some of his actions look disingenuous and his reactions haven't made me feel better about him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to harp on this:

Long Con had three votes: MM, Cobalt, Epi

S~V~S had three votes: MP, nutella, DFaraday

Tied.

S~V~S votes her damn self.

Colby-Jack says the LC vote has lost traction, so he's changing his vote to S~V~S.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt can tie it back up by switching to Long Con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Cobalt can tie it back up by switching to Long Con.
I don't think he plans to do that. I think he's shown his hand already.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think so as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

exciting spectating y'all :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

I don't like how Cobalt switched his vote, he went after LC like crazy yet switches that seems off. I don't think SVS is mafia, but if she is voting for herself is it a tactic to not get lynched or a genuine vote? I really would rather not lynch SVS it is a gut feeling, but I think this is either a mafia misdirect or just a mislynch. However, if SVS is lynched and flips civ it would provided information about potential mafia. But I want to know Cobalt why switch from a LC lynch to SVS when over half the players haven't voted yet? This seems awful strange to me.
ImageImage
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

It seems I'm quite far behind. >_<

I apologize for my lack of activity these previous two days. Yesterday I got overwhelmed with things that needed to get done and today I had IRL stuff that had priority. I have a lot to catch up on. TO PAGE 8!!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gumshoe wrote:It seems I'm quite far behind. >_<

I apologize for my lack of activity these previous two days. Yesterday I got overwhelmed with things that needed to get done and today I had IRL stuff that had priority. I have a lot to catch up on. TO PAGE 8!!
you may not have time to get completely caught up before the Day end, but i'm not gonna stand in your way. I'll just provide a friendly reminder to keep an eye om the clock and Don't Forget To Vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:I don't like how Cobalt switched his vote, he went after LC like crazy yet switches that seems off. I don't think SVS is mafia, but if she is voting for herself is it a tactic to not get lynched or a genuine vote? I really would rather not lynch SVS it is a gut feeling, but I think this is either a mafia misdirect or just a mislynch. However, if SVS is lynched and flips civ it would provided information about potential mafia. But I want to know Cobalt why switch from a LC lynch to SVS when over half the players haven't voted yet? This seems awful strange to me.
You have not voted yet. How would you rate the three main candidates at this point, from most to least suspicious? Who will you be voting for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

Moved my vote back to Cobalt.

Cobalt, your SVS vote is very opportunistic, and your transition doesn't seem civvie. I'm not liking your play in this game, even if I DID misread your posts earlier.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not feel good about this silence. We've got less than an hour to go and a tally that is very much open right now. Lots of people have not voted and should be stopping by soon. I hope they also want to discuss things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

The bad news is, I've been without internet access since last night due to traveling, power outages, and, y'know, socially interacting with people that I've traveled to see in real life (might need to get my priorities in order). This means I haven't had much of a chance to read through the thread as much as I'd like before the poll ends (I am still socializing after all :P ) or go back and look at something like I promised someone (I can't even remember who I promised this to. Long day).

The good news is, for the first time in my mafia-playing career, I have decent suspicion from what I have been able to gather of all three of the top vote-getters in this thread, and I'm okay with voting any of them, which is...a miracle. The question is, who do I want to pick?

I have been able to read a bit. Cobalt's made me itchy, and I read over the last page and the opportunistic vote switch. I'd still like to analyze him more closely if I get the chance. SVS has been highly, HIGHLY defensive and has weirdly voted for herself, which is something I'm not used to (the self-voting, not the defensiveness), so slightly mixed feelings but very much leaning bad. But tonight, I think I want to make things...interesting. I also like Epi's case and interaction with LC - like it in the way that I think it points to LC as a baddie. Epi's a manipulative bastard, but he's a manipulative bastard giving me good vibes, and I wanna see what happens when I press the big red button that no one should press (and by that I mean make the votes closer right now).

So I'm gonna vote LC.

Linki - Silence broken!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You look stupid.
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

Question: what happens if time runs out and there is a tie?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me, I would have gonewith him on a LC vote but his switching votes has given me a pause. I will be voting for Cobalt/SVS/LC SVSvoted forherself she doesn't want to play?
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:You look stupid.
Who?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gumshoe wrote:Question: what happens if time runs out and there is a tie?
no one is lynched, i'm pretty sure
who will you be voting for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Who?
You bitch.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Who?
You bitch.
Your face is stupid.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me, I would have gonewith him on a LC vote but his switching votes has given me a pause. I will be voting for Cobalt/SVS/LC SVSvoted forherself she doesn't want to play?
Do you think a mafia member would self-vote like SVS did? What would their reasons be for doing so?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Who?
You bitch.
Your face is stupid.
I know. Damn parents. :fist:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Gumshoe wrote:Question: what happens if time runs out and there is a tie?
I have a procedure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

We can't absolutely can't have a no lynch today for that reason along with others I will be voting for SVS
MAFIA IS MOST LIKELY TO TIE THE VOTE I'm very suspicious nijuukyugou right know for doing this
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me, I would have gonewith him on a LC vote but his switching votes has given me a pause. I will be voting for Cobalt/SVS/LC SVSvoted forherself she doesn't want to play?
Do you think a mafia member would self-vote like SVS did? What would their reasons be for doing so?
I know you didn't ask me, but I wanna answer anyway. I'm wary when people self-vote at the point she did, because I've seen it done for two major reasons:
1) Civ is frustrated by people not listening to them, accusations, etc.
2) Baddie tries to manipulate others into thinking they're really #1.

So, the behavior is hard to read. But it's not a move I've seen from SVS, not that I remember.

Linki - :shrug: SVS is still leading.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:MAFIA IS MOST LIKELY TO TIE THE VOTE
I don't agree. In my full games I host, I have a role that breaks ties. It's always a civilian that does it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Wow now I might reconsider. I kinda feel bad for SVS since her stuff with Epi got blown out of proportion, and though I don't want to discount the possibility that she is a caught baddie panicking, that's not really what it seems like coming from her, and most of all the self vote really throws me off. That doesn't seem like something SVS would do as a baddie, she wouldn't go down that easily. So I think it's more likely she's just a lone civ who's unfortunately been a bit turned off from the game.

I think I will switch my vote to either Cobalt or LC, (a) to possibly save SVS and (b) because I am coming around to suspect both of them a bit more than I thought I would. LC just doesn't seem like himself, and could be erring on the side of caution if he is bad. Cobalt, well I don't know him at all but he's starting to give me an odd vibe and I really don't like his SVS vote at all one bit.

linki: Sig/Sloonei, different games/hosts have different procedures for ties. I wouldn't assume it would be a no lynch, I think it is more common to have a method of tiebreaking.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SAVE OR BUS

Come on Mafia

Return to “Previous Jobs”