Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by Neverwhere »

Sloonei wrote:You're from Ireland? :o I spent two weeks there last summer, it was my first time leaving the States. I loved it.
I have no question, just that comment. Unless you feel like saying more about being from Ireland.
Technically, I am, yes :) My father is Italian but his family emigrated to the US and my mother is a Dubliner. They met while my father was working here in the mid 80s. They got married and moved to New Jersey, where I was born. We moved back to Dublin when I was 6 and I have lived here pretty much since then. My mothers family are all from the North side of Dublin City.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dublin is my favorite city i've ever visited. It's a short list, but that's still gotta mean something. :) County Sligo was the region that I remember most fondly for its landscape and stuff. The whole island was beautiful, but that one corner was extra nice.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Sloonei wrote:Dublin is my favorite city i've ever visited. It's a short list, but that's still gotta mean something. :) County Sligo was the region that I remember most fondly for its landscape and stuff. The whole island was beautiful, but that one corner was extra nice.
Can't say I've really spent any time in Sligo! Dublin is ok for a city...it's pretty small and there's not as much to do here as there is in other european capitals, but it's a nice enough city!

I love Cork City or Galway is really nice too. Kilkenny is pretty cute.

Did you visit Glendalough while you were here? It's one of my favourite places on the planet.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

the smallness of dublin was one of my favorite things about it. it's a city, but not too much of a city.
Glendalough is not a place I visited, but I do plan on returning to the island some day. I may have to check it out.
I also didn't get to see any of Cork, remarkably. That seems like a place everyone goes to.
I visited the Cliffs of Moher though, and the memory of it still amazes me to this day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Golden »

Hey N-where, some questions for you.

You've mentioned kid/kids - what have you got?
You've mentioned pet/vet - what have you got?
What about mafia has appealed to you, so far?
I know you can't speak to your alignment in the current game and otherwise you've been mafia every game. But even if you haven't yet been civ, what appeals to you more - being mafia or being civ?
Favourite alcoholic beverage?
Where did your user name come from?
Where is the crab with the cane and top hat!?
What's one thing you aspire to do in life?

PS - I definitely want to get btsc with you too. It's a great place to get to know people. As for what I look like in btsc - a more schizophrenic version of what you see in the thread. I like having someone to bounce my crazy tinfoil hat ideas off.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Sloonei wrote:the smallness of dublin was one of my favorite things about it. it's a city, but not too much of a city.
Glendalough is not a place I visited, but I do plan on returning to the island some day. I may have to check it out.
I also didn't get to see any of Cork, remarkably. That seems like a place everyone goes to.
I visited the Cliffs of Moher though, and the memory of it still amazes me to this day.
Yeah I personally love big cities -- but as far as Dublin goes it's a nice size, pretty small and a nice place to bring kids up. I live in pretty awesome place. Where I live is actually a tourist destination and I have some pretty spectacular views only a couple of minutes walk from my house.

If you like hiking or nature at all you will like Glendalough. It's one of our national parks -- a glacial valley and monastic settlement situated in the wicklow mountains -- about 40 minutes outside Dublin.
http://www.glendalough.ie/ here is a link if you want to check it out or google for pics. If you ever want to visit hit me up -- I'm always happy to play tour guide.

Yes, you should definitely visit Cork. Lovely scenery in rural Cork and Cork city is a lovely little place. Did you see the Ring of Kerry at all? If you're in scenery there are some spectacular views there.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

My father in law was from Clonakilty in Cork, and I am told it was "surpassingly lovely". I hope to see Ireland someday.

If you could/had to live anywhere else, where would it be? What country would you like to visit for an extended vacation? Were it readily available & affordable, would you consider space travel?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Golden wrote:Hey N-where, some questions for you.

You've mentioned kid/kids - what have you got?
You've mentioned pet/vet - what have you got?
What about mafia has appealed to you, so far?
I know you can't speak to your alignment in the current game and otherwise you've been mafia every game. But even if you haven't yet been civ, what appeals to you more - being mafia or being civ?
Favourite alcoholic beverage?
Where did your user name come from?
Where is the crab with the cane and top hat!?
What's one thing you aspire to do in life?

PS - I definitely want to get btsc with you too. It's a great place to get to know people. As for what I look like in btsc - a more schizophrenic version of what you see in the thread. I like having someone to bounce my crazy tinfoil hat ideas off.
Kid. I have a 5 year old girl. She's a sweetheart.

I have got two cats. Silver and white tabbies. I brought the female to be spayed today and discovered she was pregnant with a mutant spawn. Kitty abortion. Pretty lousy day for the little purr baby.

There are a lot of things about mafia I find appealing. The theme of the first game i played (Chronicles of Narnia) was ridiculously fun and suckered me in. I'm lookng forward to playing more games in the themes of favourite books, shows, etc. I like how it;s a fun little game we can play to blow off steam while still excercising our brain and solving puzzles. A lot of the work I do these days isn't very mentally challenging and it's nice to be using my brain more.

Ooooh. Yeah I've been mafia twice now! I enjoyed both my stints as mafia. It took up a lot of time, but it was quite exhilirating and required a lot of thinking and analaysis. Being civ seems a lot easier though and less work in some ways -- there's a lot less pressure...so that's also nice for a change. I guess it would depend on my mood, but I think if you have the time being mafia could be more fun.

Favourite alcoholic beverage -- hmm, i suppose if I'm in my country it would be a rum and coke. If I am in my boyfriends home country of Belgium a good Belgian beer like Leffe really hits the spot.

My username was a combination of my love of Gaiman and my love of Coheed and Cambria who reference Neverwhere in one of their songs. Neverwhere isn't even my favourite Gaiman book, but it just sounds good.

The crab with the top hat is sitting over in INFJs because I am 26 years old and tech illiterate. One day he shall join us.

One thing I aspire to do in life is travel. I've always wanted to hike my way from place to place or work my way from place to place. Basically, I'd like to be a hippy for a while. Except maybe wash a little more frequently.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

S~V~S wrote:My father in law was from Clonakilty in Cork, and I am told it was "surpassingly lovely". I hope to see Ireland someday.

If you could/had to live anywhere else, where would it be? What country would you like to visit for an extended vacation? Were it readily available & affordable, would you consider space travel?
I hope so too. It's a lovely place to visit :)

If I had to live somewhere else I think I would consider Australia or New Zealand. I struggle learning languages, so English is good. I have family in Oz, so that's also good. However, they have giant ass spiders and I really don'tthink I can handle that. I haven't heard much about giant spiders in NZ and the Lord of the Rings has led me to believe I would just fall in lvoe and spend my life hiking. That sounds heavenly.

For an extended vacation I think I would like to return to Mombasa, Kenya. I spent 4 months there when I was in my late teens and the plan had always been to go back and work for a year, but I had my chld before I got the chance to return.

Honestly, I think I would save up an send my daughter into space. She's possible Aspergers and obsessed with space. She's always churning out space facts and I think that it would mean a lot to her.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

We have no giant spiders, we have no snakes. I think my wife infinitely prefers the wildlife in NZ to the horrendous stuff she grew up with in Australia. The only exception is the mostly harmless but horribly awful looking weta.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Golden wrote:We have no giant spiders, we have no snakes. I think my wife infinitely prefers the wildlife in NZ to the horrendous stuff she grew up with in Australia. The only exception is the mostly harmless but horribly awful looking weta.
Holy Moses. What is that thing?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

This little guy.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's just a really large relative of the cricket.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, I am sure Oz is awesome, but I have seen pictures of spiders that eat snakes, and snakes that eat crocs, Jeez, I don't think I could handle that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm a human who eats cows. :nicenod:
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Epignosis wrote:This little guy.

He is horrifying. Still preferable to a huntsman.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah, I am sure Oz is awesome, but I have seen pictures of spiders that eat snakes, and snakes that eat crocs, Jeez, I don't think I could handle that.
I actually have no problems with snakes. I used to have a couple of pythons.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I used to have a Water Dragon,and several friends with snakes, it was the alligator eating part i found most alarming, I think, lol.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

S~V~S wrote:I used to have a Water Dragon,and several friends with snakes, it was the alligator eating part i found most alarming, I think, lol.
Yeah, that is pretty horrifying! Best to live in the city me thinks....
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Neverwhere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I used to have a Water Dragon,and several friends with snakes, it was the alligator eating part i found most alarming, I think, lol.
City? The horror! :overreact:

What is your favorite part about living in the city?
What brought you over to INFJ? From INFJ to here? (I think I know the second answer)
How do you like mafia so far?
Who is your favorite new personality that you have met here on the Syndicate?
What smiley do you wish the Syndicate had that you believe is lacking?
How is your day?
What is/was for dinner tonight?
What is your favorite band/musician?
Would you rather travel to the Philippines or Madagascar?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:
City? The horror! :overreact:

What is your favorite part about living in the city?
What brought you over to INFJ? From INFJ to here? (I think I know the second answer)
How do you like mafia so far?
Who is your favorite new personality that you have met here on the Syndicate?
What smiley do you wish the Syndicate had that you believe is lacking?
How is your day?
What is/was for dinner tonight?
What is your favorite band/musician?
Would you rather travel to the Philippines or Madagascar?
I actually don't live in the city. The capital city of Ireland is Dublin and the county that its in is also called Dublin. I'm about 30 minutes outside of the city centre in the suburbs, but along the coast. I would be tempted to post a pic of how beautiful my area is.

I've been into MBTI for a while, I'm actually ENFJ but mistyped as INFJ for a while so a few years ago when I was bored I googled infj forums and joined the first one that popped up. Heiots asked us if we would be interested in playing mafia and i always loved the 30 min games of it we used to play in youth group, so i was teh first to sign up. Golden asked if I'd come and join here after the game because he thought myself and my team mates did a pretty good job.

I am really enjoying mafia so far. I feel like I'm going through some sort of evoloutionary process with it! I've played Narnia, Omerta, and am now currently playing Bullets over Broadway. I'm finding it rather intimidating at the moment. All teh games I've played to date have been pretty small, and this one is huge and there's a lot more snark than I am used to so I'm still trying to get a feel for it. I really enjoy it, but find the bigger games a little overwhelming in regards to sheer volume of posts and players! Practice makes perfect!

gosh, hard to say. I haven't got to know people very much. Talking to yourself has been quite wonderful, before joining up here I didn't get to talk to you much as I was trying to avoid you -- you were the only one onto me haha. G-man and Canucklehead stick out quite a bit with their quirky personalities and posting styles. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone though -- I have a feeling ill be sticking around.

I don't think I miss any smileys. I'm not a huge smiley user and you guys seem to have some pretty snazzy ones here. Maybe something with a cat? I like cats...

On the menu tonight is a chicken and mango stir fry with carrots and sugar snap peas in a peanut sauce. Served with egg noodles. Nice and summery!

Favourite band/musician. I am shit with favourites to be honest with you....but I've always adored Coheed and Cambria. Mostly their early works...first two albums were the best, although I haven't heard their newer stuff. Also going through a big Brand New phase. I've just found out they are playing Dublin in September and I am so ridiculously excited that after 10 or 11 yers of being a hardcore fan I will get to see them live.

I've already been to Africa and haven't had the chance to explore Asia, so with that I will go for the Phillipines. Although I hear their food is all artery clogging and heart attack inducing.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Neverwhere wrote:I actually don't live in the city. The capital city of Ireland is Dublin and the county that its in is also called Dublin. I'm about 30 minutes outside of the city centre in the suburbs, but along the coast. I would be tempted to post a pic of how beautiful my area is.
That would be amazing! No pressure though. :)
Neverwhere wrote:I've been into MBTI for a while, I'm actually ENFJ but mistyped as INFJ for a while so a few years ago when I was bored I googled infj forums and joined the first one that popped up. Heiots asked us if we would be interested in playing mafia and i always loved the 30 min games of it we used to play in youth group, so i was teh first to sign up. Golden asked if I'd come and join here after the game because he thought myself and my team mates did a pretty good job.
We are certainly happy to have you. I don't know much at all about that topic. Heiots told me she was hosting a mafia game over on that site and needed a couple more players which was why I joined, and I think same for Golden, Spacedaisy, and fingersplints, and I think DisgruntledPorcupine too. I'd read the Chronicles of Naria a while back, so was happy to know a bit about the theme
Neverwhere wrote:I am really enjoying mafia so far. I feel like I'm going through some sort of evoloutionary process with it! I've played Narnia, Omerta, and am now currently playing Bullets over Broadway. I'm finding it rather intimidating at the moment. All teh games I've played to date have been pretty small, and this one is huge and there's a lot more snark than I am used to so I'm still trying to get a feel for it. I really enjoy it, but find the bigger games a little overwhelming in regards to sheer volume of posts and players! Practice makes perfect!
We've got a fine little community of mafia players here, though we have our own style that is different from a lot of mafia I've played previously. If there's one thing we love doing here, it's running large games with lots of complicated roles and mechanics involved.
Neverwhere wrote:gosh, hard to say. I haven't got to know people very much. Talking to yourself has been quite wonderful, before joining up here I didn't get to talk to you much as I was trying to avoid you -- you were the only one onto me haha. G-man and Canucklehead stick out quite a bit with their quirky personalities and posting styles. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone though -- I have a feeling ill be sticking around.
That Narnia game was fun, even if we civilians played a really crappy game. I was a bit surprised that I was nightkilled, but after the game, it made sense, lol. Mafia is a game of deceit and lies, so as you witnessed in that game, tempers can flare and things can get out of hand. But in the end, we must remember that it is a game, and we're here to have fun.

G-Man is new to me as well (though some of the folks around here played with him years ago), but he seems like a wonderful person. Canucklehead I've played with from time-to-time, but I know you have to watch out for her. She is certainly prone to epic strategies if she is given the opportunity. You just have to ask her about the Roger Rabbit game we played recently.
Neverwhere wrote:Favourite band/musician. I am shit with favourites to be honest with you....but I've always adored Coheed and Cambria. Mostly their early works...first two albums were the best, although I haven't heard their newer stuff. Also going through a big Brand New phase. I've just found out they are playing Dublin in September and I am so ridiculously excited that after 10 or 11 yers of being a hardcore fan I will get to see them live.
Excellent! I've got a few of their albums, and my favorite by far is Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1. I like their recent double (split) album that came out a couple years ago, but it is certainly a bit different than their early stuff. I've never heard of Brand New before? What kind of music do they make?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

I know, I'm a disgrace of a young woman...but I am not great with computers. So here is a link to a website that contains a photo of the bay in my area.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... ey_Bay.jpg
My house is about a five minute walk from the beach there. It's really lovely.

We've got a fine little community of mafia players here, though we have our own style that is different from a lot of mafia I've played previously. If there's one thing we love doing here, it's running large games with lots of complicated roles and mechanics involved.
I absoloutely love how complicated the games can be! Struggling a bit with player size, but I think it's just gonna take me a few games to get a grips with. How do you feel that this sites style differs from other mafia sites?
That Narnia game was fun, even if we civilians played a really crappy game. I was a bit surprised that I was nightkilled, but after the game, it made sense, lol. Mafia is a game of deceit and lies, so as you witnessed in that game, tempers can flare and things can get out of hand. But in the end, we must remember that it is a game, and we're here to have fun.

G-Man is new to me as well (though some of the folks around here played with him years ago), but he seems like a wonderful person. Canucklehead I've played with from time-to-time, but I know you have to watch out for her. She is certainly prone to epic strategies if she is given the opportunity. You just have to ask her about the Roger Rabbit game we played recently.
Well, you were the only person to actually have had any suspicions of me, so you were gonna get night killed pretty quick. As for tempers, it happens. I didn't ever think it would happen to me...but life stresses combined with a stressful game can make you snap I guess. I surprised myself with one of those moments recently!

Aside from aggressive game playing, I am surprised at how lovely and polite and friendly everyone on this site is! It's really refreshing. :)
Excellent! I've got a few of their albums, and my favorite by far is Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1. I like their recent double (split) album that came out a couple years ago, but it is certainly a bit different than their early stuff. I've never heard of Brand New before? What kind of music do they make?
Woop! Another fan! I think I may have bought Good Apollo years ago, but couldn't get into it at the time. I lost it and havent listened to it in years. I need to give it another shot though, as there are al ot of people who have told me that it was their favourite of the Coheed albums. I've heard nothing after that album, however.
Brand New started out as emo. Their first album isn't really worth listening to. The thing I love about this band is you see how much the lead singer has grown as a person with each album and with each album their music seems to mature quite a bit. Googling their wiki page they are classed as Alt. Rock. Their newest 2 albums are really creative. I love it.

Actually, if you would be up for it we can PM and spam each other with music links? My daughter is very sound sensitive so I don't get to listen to music much anymore and I'm kind of in the mood to fire some youtube vids back and forth! :) Let me know.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:I am really enjoying mafia so far. I feel like I'm going through some sort of evoloutionary process with it! I've played Narnia, Omerta, and am now currently playing Bullets over Broadway. I'm finding it rather intimidating at the moment. All teh games I've played to date have been pretty small, and this one is huge and there's a lot more snark than I am used to so I'm still trying to get a feel for it. I really enjoy it, but find the bigger games a little overwhelming in regards to sheer volume of posts and players! Practice makes perfect!
I actually don't usually like large games with lots of complicated roles and mechanics involved. I think whats nice is this site offers a variety for everyone. I think it just takes playing a bit to find out what games are right for you. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Next up is....
Sloonei!!!
He is a very talkative mafia player, so ask him loads of questions here! :D
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would be delighted to sit on the receiving end of an onslaught of questions for a change. :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What would you say is your greatest mafia strength? Weakness?

Do you have any pet peeves in mafia?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Why paprika?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What would you say is your greatest mafia strength? Weakness?

Do you have any pet peeves in mafia?
My first answer for my greatest strength would be the amount of time I put in to playing the game. When I'm in a game, I'll read and reread parts of a thread over and over again until I feel comfortable with everything I need to know. As for the strategy I feel I use to my best advantage, I usually approach every game with the mindset that there are more townies than there are scum. With that in mind, I like to ask everybody as many questions as they'll answer about anything related to the game, and from there I try to figure out which players seem to be telling the most truth. I approach a townie game the exact same way I approach writing essays for school, I've noticed. I treat every player like they're a section of a novel that needs to be analyzed. :) Whoever makes the least sense to me is probably scum.
For this reason, my favorite part of the game has always been self-defense. The easiest way to judge whether a person is being genuine or not is when they're trying to explain why they think you're lying to them.

My biggest weakness is definitely my scum game. I've been town probably about three times more than I've been scum. I'm not a naturally gifted liar, to put it simply. My tendency is to be too careful when I'm bad, and I end up overthinking every post I make. I would like to start getting more chances at it.

The only pet peeve I can think of besides the obvious ones is a thing I have not seen since the early days of RYM mafia, where any atypical behavior is immediately labeled as suspicious/scummy. There are lots of reasons for people to do lots of things. But that's not been a problem anywhere that I've played for a couple of years. I enjoy every game I play.
Golden wrote:Why paprika?
It's just so friendly and disarming! I've had Paprika set as my profile picture on RYM for a number of years and I've honestly forgotten why. When I signed up over here and saw that avatars were a thing, I thought I might as well be consistent across mafia communities.
Epignosis wrote:Why Sloonei?
He's a top fellow, a party to be around.
My name similarly has no meaning. It's a nonsense name I made up for an imaginary character I created when I was 12 or so. I've been using it as my internet name ever since. I think it goes well with Paprika. I am guaranteed not to be taken seriously.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Have you observed any standards/trends/things on The Syndicate that you think would benefit RYM Mafia if implemented/practiced there?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 24

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Sloonei wrote:
My biggest weakness is definitely my scum game. I've been town probably about three times more than I've been scum. I'm not a naturally gifted liar, to put it simply. My tendency is to be too careful when I'm bad, and I end up overthinking every post I make. I would like to start getting more chances at it.
The key is to be a silver tongued devil all the time. If you word your posts carefully and overthink them when you're civ as well, it stops being a mafia tell. That's a tell you've given yourself, as opposed to a subconcious one that you cant help or just dont notice.

But you wouldve known all this if you had bought my book titled "How to be MLG at Mafia: A liar's guide". For only 9 easy payments of $79.95, you can learn to into mafia. Buy in the next 10 minutes and receive a copy of The Chief's "Y'all niggas dont know how to read, Vol.4" absolutely free!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Have you observed any standards/trends/things on The Syndicate that you think would benefit RYM Mafia if implemented/practiced there?
I love the "no info dumping" rule. Games are more fun when we don't all get to role claim. I'm still getting used to the lack of role reveals but I like the element of mystery it adds. G-man provided some impressive vote analysis charts earlier in the current game that were completely unlike anything I've ever seen.
I am having fun playing in games where not everyone is trying to display their full townie cred all the time, but I wouldn't want to see RYM change in that regard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
The key is to be a silver tongued devil all the time. If you word your posts carefully and overthink them when you're civ as well, it stops being a mafia tell. That's a tell you've given yourself, as opposed to a subconcious one that you cant help or just dont notice.

But you wouldve known all this if you had bought my book titled "How to be MLG at Mafia: A liar's guide". For only 9 easy payments of $79.95, you can learn to into mafia. Buy in the next 10 minutes and receive a copy of The Chief's "Y'all niggas dont know how to read, Vol.4" absolutely free!
can i give you my credit card information?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 24

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Sloonei wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

can i give you my credit card information?
I accept paypal, bitcoin, and Bison Dollars.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What about bison burgers?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can't even keep from asking questions when i'm the one being interrogated.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bong?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bong?
Waffles.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What are the biggest differences between Sloonei the mafia player from the earliest RYM games and Sloonei the mafia player now? Do you have any significant influences in your style?

What is the most interesting stateside location you've visited?

What is your favorite album as of right now?

How are collegiate thangs going?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What are the biggest differences between Sloonei the mafia player from the earliest RYM games and Sloonei the mafia player now? Do you have any significant influences in your style?
Confidence is a big thing. I've played a lot of games and seen what things work for me and what things don't. I know what things I'm looking for when I break down a person's posts, and usually know what questions to ask as well. I think you style has influenced everyone at RYM. I do not think I ever would have got in the habit of doing ISOs for every player if not for you, and this habit has really made me better at constructing cases in general, I feel. I'd say some of the other players who were big influences to me in the early days were Mac, Mungbean, rundontwalk, and ProFiction.
What is the most interesting stateside location you've visited?
The White Mountains region in New Hampshire is my favorite place in America I've ever been, in limited experience. My answer will surely change next month, though. I've planned a roadtrip around the States with some friends. Or they've planned it all and I've agreed to tag along. I'm really looking forward to that. We'll be makiny stops all over, with our primary destination being the Colorado Rockies. I don't know too many details or destinations since I've had little to do with the planning of it.
What is your favorite album as of right now?
At this very moment it's probably Electric President's Sleep Well, but for the last two years really my favorite album has beeb anything by Ben Cooper (Radical Face/Electric President). Each album has had its turn and right now it's that one.
How are collegiate thangs going?
They have gone very well and are now frighteningly close to being done. I will graduate after the upcoming fall semester and then am supposed to enter into some accelerated post-graduation program for teaching things. I know very little about that, but the idea that I'm 6 months away from being able to call myself a college graduate is exciting. I'm very nervous, but I feel like I've given myself a good place to stand, both in terms of my general education and my future career options.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I realize that no one here knows what collegiate thangs I be studying, and I probably should have answered that as well. I'm an English major. I've mostly concentrated on old things and classics. LOTS of Shakespeare, a fair amount of Ancient Greek and a good deal of medieval stuff. I am mostly interested in the development of human cultures dating as far back as records will go. And Shakespeare.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Canucklehead »

Sloonei wrote:I realize that no one here knows what collegiate thangs I be studying, and I probably should have answered that as well. I'm an English major. I've mostly concentrated on old things and classics. LOTS of Shakespeare, a fair amount of Ancient Greek and a good deal of medieval stuff. I am mostly interested in the development of human cultures dating as far back as records will go. And Shakespeare.
:faint:
We's gonna be bestest buddies. :nicenod:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

There are correct answers to these questions. :srsnod: Tread carefully, padawan.

What is your favourite Shakespeare play and why?

Which not-named-Shakespeare early modern playwright is awesomest and why?

Julian of Norwich or Margery Kemper?

Chaucer or Langland?

Best modern adaptation of Shakespeare (in any medium)?

What non-life-destroying and world-contributing thing do you plan to do with a degree in English? Asking for a friend.... :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Canucklehead wrote:There are correct answers to these questions. :srsnod: Tread carefully, padawan.

What is your favourite Shakespeare play and why?
The play I most enjoyed reading recently was A Midsummer Night's Dream, for all of its metatexual/theatrical elements and commentary, plus Bottom and Puck are both excellent characters. Bottom's plot line is my favorite comedic plot in Shakespeare. I've only really read Hamlet once (twice if you count high school English class, but I don't) so that demands further examination. Lear is probably my favorite tragedy, but it has the unfair advantage of being the play I've had the most exposure to. I read it three consecutive semesters, for three different classes, and also saw it performed professionally. I also need to dig through the histories a bit more.
The Winter's Tale is probably my top choice among all the plays that aren't usual favorites.
Which not-named-Shakespeare early modern playwright is awesomest and why?
The Alchemist is the best non-Shakes play I've read, but on the whole I think I've enjoyed Middleton the most of the handful of other playwrights I've read. He's um the least bashful, I'd say, and that amuses me. I still need to read a lot more of Marlowe, his complete works is just sitting there on my shelf alluringly.
Julian of Norwich or Margery Kemper?
Having known nothing of these two ladies until a quick Wikipedia inquiry just now, I'm gonna go with ole Julie Norwich.
Chaucer or Langland?
Chaucer, though it's been a few years since I read any of the Canterbury Tales. That is also sitting in a prominent spot on my shelf and demands attention. I've collected a number of books that have only been partially read over my college career. I'm just now starting to complete them all.
Best modern adaptation of Shakespeare (in any medium)?
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I've only seen a couple adaptations and the only one that really stands out is Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet because it stuck pretty firmly to the text and is like five hours long.
What non-life-destroying and world-contributing thing do you plan to do with a degree in English? Asking for a friend.... :p
The plan for a few years has been to teach, but obviously the dream for all of us is to write. Right now I'm mostly just interested in being able to continue studying the things I want to study. If I can get paid to talk about somewhat-related things, that's a sweet deal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

:sigh:

I regretfully revoke my previous offer of best buddy-ness. We can obviously never speak again.

Just kidding, of course! :P More Shakespearians and lovers of pre/early modern things around here is always a good thing.... even if they do unironically confess to liking Branagh. ;)

Is Grad School in your future? If you're considering it and want some Real Talk from inside the bubble, just lemme know. Always happy to bitch and moan share my experiences with unjaded and unbroken potential future colleagues. :nicenod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey whoa, I didn't say Brannagh's was necessarily a good adaptation, just that it was memorable. But I didn't take much exception with it and I credit it as being the first thing to really get me into Shakespeare.

And yeah, grad school is almost certainly in my future, though I haven't really started to think about it yet. It's definitely a thing that should be more on my radar right now. I've been very preoccupied with the thought that this is my last summer before graduation and haven't really looked into any post-graduation things yet. Real Talk would be welcome and excellent, if you or anyone else has experience to share. I hardly even know what I'd be in for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay questioning!

1) What are you most looking forward to in your teaching career?
2) What scares you the most about teaching?
3) Grossest ice cream flavor you've ever had and why?
4) What's a book you started reading but never finished and why?
5) How do you like your eggs?
6) What form would your Patronus take?
7) Soft or firm mattress?
8) Tea or coffee?
9) Favorite piece of world literature (not British or American) and why?
10) What show should I start watching next on Netflix or Hulu?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote:Yay questioning!

1) What are you most looking forward to in your teaching career?
The cheesiest thing: getting through to kids. Helping people understand things is a good feeling, and to get paid to do that seems like a sweet deal.
2) What scares you the most about teaching?
Parents, based on what I've been told.
3) Grossest ice cream flavor you've ever had and why?
I actually work at an ice cream place. It's an awful job, but it's low stress and pays fairly well so I'm sticking there for now. So naturally I have a disinclination to ice cream these days. I don't mind the occasional milk shake. I think the grossest flavor we have is some cotton candy thing with pop rocks in it. I'd never want to try it, but the thought makes my mouth uncomfortable.
4) What's a book you started reading but never finished and why?
Dune. I got 2/3 of the way through but then school started and it got swept away from me. I liked it and still went to complete it.
5) How do you like your eggs?
over easy, if they're not gonna be in the form of an omelet.
6) What form would your Patronus take?
A moose or something elk-like. I've always thought they were amazing beasts.
7) Soft or firm mattress?
Firm.
8) Tea or coffee?
Tea. I used to be a coffee hound but started making the switch to tea after my trip to Ireland last year. Tea has nicer variety and the caffeination is never too heavy. The smell of coffee is still one of my favorite scents.
9) Favorite piece of world literature (not British or American) and why?
I've read too much western stuff, so the best I can do here is say something Greek. However, this something I've already sought correction of. As my final elective next semester, I'm taking a non-Western Lit. class. I'll check back in in 6 months.
10) What show should I start watching next on Netflix or Hulu?
Fringe is always my Netflix recommendation. It's an excellent sci-fi series in the vein of X-files. But it seems to be fairly popular and I've run into people who've seen it before, and I even noticed a user on this site whose avatar was a screen cap from it. So yeah, watch Fringe. It has my favorite TV Walter.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A+ formatting
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Welcome to the Family”