Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Re: [Day 6] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do you have anything to say about TinyBubbles or DFaraday?
DFaraday is one of those consistent hobgoblins. The tone of his posts when he is bad matches the tone of his posts when he is good. I have been evil with him a few times, and even now I couldn't tell you much about him. His general Mafia strategy is to lie low and become more active when the herd is culled, but that is what he does when he is good. Consistent hobgoblin.

++++

I wasn't going to comment on TinyBubbles, but there's only 30 posts, so looking back isn't exactly a chore. I still think that second post reeks ("And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief ") That third post is a straight defense of Long Con for shaky, snaky reasons. When pressed about the comment in the second post, TB said this, which in retrospect, has me scratching my head. If the theme is really cool and you would be pissed about getting voted out early, why do you only have 30 posts?

Saying this (" and yes, for the 1000th time im still civ and will be civ ALL GAME") strikes me as a funny thing to say, given all the talk of recruitment / corruption. If you are a civilian, how do you know you will be one all game?

Another odd phrasing in this post. After giving an "If I was Mafia" comment, TB says, "I think real civs dont form strong opinions about any one person unless there is a lot of evidence or its close to lynch time. Also dont get into tight knit conversations about that person unless the thread is already moving in that direction." "Real civs?" As opposed to what? Counterfeit ones?

TB concludes that post with this: "Also Epi 2.0 is not giving off the same vibes as original Epi, and i dont believe RL is the only reason. On my radar" That's funny. I don't recall ever saying anything about real life. :ponder:

TB self-voted, feeling defeated and not enjoying the game anymore, then, without having ever mentioned sig before, votes him and asks Sloonei about sig. Then there's an interaction with sig that I don't have any comment on either way.

TB's largest post is a defense of sig's accusations. When sig was going down and outed himself, he indicated that he was genuinely hunting for members of the other team, and I think we can all believe that. sig specifically called out TB as one of Long Con's teammates. Given the above, I'm inclined to agree.

Then...what? Open to the idea that Long Con is bad? Why now? Why not Day 1 when there was a real chance to lynch him? In contrast to being the first Cobalt voter Day 1, TB is the last G-Man voter on Day 4, but makes the comment that Long Con and G-Man are probably both bad. But the tone of this post stands in contrast to the tone of assurance expressed earlier. TB remarks "would love to get some more posts by gman now that he's no longer insanified and still a top suspect.he's probably gonna go next if nothing else changes," but, after not interacting with G-Man at all, says "i knew there'd be a fair few votes on you but i didnt expect an avalanche."

How could you Sloonei? Then paranoia paranoia aw shucks whoa!

The last post reiterates the "Guys I'm civilian narrative."

I wasn't going to do all that, but once I got started, it didn't make sense to stop halfway.
I am alarmed at how east it was to extract these reads from you. I am in complete agreement with you about Bubbles.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

EBBWOP: east = easy
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei, for what it's worth, my reads at this moment in your shortlist from Mafia to Civ are: Tiny, BR, MM and ninja.

Linki- ninja is the one to watch from the Les Mis Pm group. I don't think FZ was mafia. And I don't think you are. There is some validity in the theory that the mafia should have had a mole in each group for PM exclusivity. But then again, we might be over assuming that other people even give a shit about the PMs and will just wait for us to solve it for them.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:Sloonei, for what it's worth, my reads at this moment in your shortlist from Mafia to Civ are: Tiny, BR, MM and ninja.

Linki- ninja is the one to watch from the Les Mis Pm group. I don't think FZ was mafia. And I don't think you are. There is some validity in the theory that the mafia should have had a mole in each group for PM exclusivity. But then again, we might be over assuming that other people even give a shit about the PMs and will just wait for us to solve it for them.
Do you see a connection between niju and sig/g-man, or am i imagining that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I honestly haven't looked into it. I'm trying to keep a strong focus on several people, with a soft soft focus on others. Ninja fits into that category. I'd equate her play to that of, like, fingersplints. From a glance, I see validity in your argument, but I feel like I still need to see more of ninja's play to come to more of a conclusion on her alignment.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:I honestly haven't looked into it. I'm trying to keep a strong focus on several people, with a soft soft focus on others. Ninja fits into that category. I'd equate her play to that of, like, fingersplints. From a glance, I see validity in your argument, but I feel like I still need to see more of ninja's play to come to more of a conclusion on her alignment.
looking back through your recent posts, the only people i see you putting strong focus on are TinyBubbles and Cobalt, and in Cobalt's case your suspicion seems to be trending downward. Who else is a strong candidate at the moment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

catching up now
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm still watching MM, but I'm waiting on him to be unsilenced. I have done it yet, but I've also been looking at the gumshoe possibility. I really wanted to see what Mafia 2 does this next night however before I delve into people that haven't posted in a while.

I'm slowly looking into BR, who I never really got a signal from. But since a few prominent people want her head, I feel like it's worth a post check. Will do some scoping on her before the end of the day since she is a prime candidate for the group, but am a little preoccupied with the open water right now :workit:

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Sloonei wrote:@Scotty, what do you think of that thing I said?
This is my favourite post in the whole game. :srsnod:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Re: ninja: I point out earlier that I was getting a similar vibe from her posts as I got in RR (a game in which I caught her as a baddie). I have yet to do the work to determine if that has any merit, but I think her being in the Les MIS group is a concern, and I'm interested in looking closer at the sig/gam connection Sloo has been musing on. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do it before the end of Today's lynch (heading out the door in a few minutes), but that is my first order of business for tonight/tomorrow.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

new nijuukyugou ISO, this time with tunnel vision turned on.
As I've mentioned in pretty much every post I've made since last night, my new concern is that Ninja's interactions with both G-man and sig (both dead Lloyd Webber team members) do not paint her in a very favorable light. This is a stark contrast to my original read of her, where was an overwhelming town read. I'm discarding my previous read entirely and starting anew. This theory is still in its early stages and I'm not entirely convinced of it myself, but it's something that absolutely warrants a closer look.
nijuukyugou wrote:Oh good god, four pages on Day 0. Already gonna be a lot more talky than in Bible Mafia, I see. And the threat of more technicolor lists. Super :P

Comments on what's been commented on:
Voting newbie players on Day 1? I don't think I have much of an opinion on it. I don't actively avoid it, but I also don't actively go after new people in particular, as I do want them to stay. Hello, new people!
I'd like to see where these buddy-buddy so-called "truces" will end up (or is it just one "truce" between MP and his buddy?), but I personally think it's nothing right now.

That's all I can think of to say at the moment. No strong opinions on anyone just yet.
Gets he feet wet by commenting on a couple of issues in the game, but does not offer any particular reads on anyone, other than to say the "truce" thing between MP and Devin was "nothing", which amounts to, well, nothing.
nijuukyugou wrote:Mmmmk somewhat caught up. I'd say remind me not to leave the thread for too long so I don't have 4 pages to read, but I'll inevitably do it again.
nutella wrote:I don't get the Hedgeowl suspicion at all. She posted while catching up and gave her input on a couple main discussions. None of her posts look particularly bad to me, just kind of average minimal-but-sufficient participation. I guess I understood LC's point (though it was regarding SVS) about commenting on issues rather than players, but Hedgie gave her views on LC/Epi/SVS so that doesn't really apply. I don't know, she could be hiding behind that type of participation (I haven't played many games with her but isn't it kind of her norm?) but I just don't really see the reasons for suspecting her, they seem contrived.

I could see SVS as bad. I mean, SVS is always bad :p
Agreed (at least the part about Hedgeowl suspicion). I think it was good of TH to search her like he did, but I disagree that it's baddie behavior from her. I don't think his suspicion was contrived.
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:Dragon D. Luffy has been replaced by Cancucklehead. :) She cannot be lynched today.
:eek:

:scared:

:puppy:
what are you so scared of, little puppy?
You didn't witness the maelstrom of deceit that was Canucklehead in Roger Rabbit.

They still whisper about it in Toontown. :mafia:
:overreact: (Just kidding, Canuck - I was actually very excited to see your name!)
MovingPictures07 wrote: Consequently, my mafia game, which is often defined by a high volume of posts, will be affected this game. I will be much more likely to pop in less frequently, which will increase my already notoriously long posts probably much more so, and make my style seem more like a cross of Blooper-esque, Epi-esque, and MP-esque, rather than straight-up MP-esque combination of frequency and volume.
I'm an -esque!! I'm so touched :ohyeah:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Blooper, you note in this post multiple "truces", but ask the question whether there is just one thereafter. Devin and I never agreed to a truce. Just wanted to clear that up.

You specifically note you have "no strong opinions". If that is the case, do you have weak opinions? If so, what are they?
Fair enough. I just saw a lot of (mostly jokingly it seems) buddy-buddy Day 0 stuff, so I figured I'd comment on it. I'm notoriously bad at getting lost in the first several days of larger games because of the sheer volume of people, so I'm trying a new thing called "comment about SOMETHING, whatever it is" to at least keep a placeholder. So far, not doing so hot. But hey, here I am!

As for my opinions (and the actual contributory points of this post), I have a few opinions. I never trust Epi, but damn I do love actually playing a game with him, and whatever my vibes are right now, I'm feeling all right about him today. This means that I think he's genuinely baddie hunting, and I think both of his suspicions of LC and SVS are fairly sound (I almost said interesting but I know better than to use that now :P). I think LC's response to Epi's going after him looks too defensive to me. I think my general view of SVS is that she gets defensive regardless of alignment, which makes her hard to read, but I agree with others (can't remember exactly who) that suddenly defending the whole "interesting" argument in the manner she did was suspicious. So, there's that.

I don't have a good read of the new people in here, but I'm glad to see some fresh meat (at least to the Syndicate). It certainly makes for some...fascinating gameplay.
Her response to MP here reads a little bit like backtracking/covering her tracks. She admits to misrepresenting (whether intentionally or not) the truth in regards to her earlier post about the truce discussion and also provides an excuse for herself to get off to a slow start. However, she then starts to provide a few reads. However however, as has been noted a bunch of times throughout this game, with two scum teams, the baddies should be doing about as much scum hunting as the townies in this game, so her observations that Epi 1.0 seemed to be "genuinely baddie hunting" and that "LC's response looks too defensive" could just as likely have been made by a baddie, presumably a non-Wildhorn one. The three names she mentions here (Epi, SVS, Long Con) were the three that everyone had an opinion of on Day 1, so it would have been nice to see Ninja dig a little deeper for reads here. Not feeling as good about this post as I was before, but that's gonna be a common theme right now. The next read she offers is on Cobalt, the other player everyone had an opinion of Day 1:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:@Bass I was also a little weirded out by Cobalt implying that because he was super-civ important player in a previous game, then he is totally civ this game, but I forgot to mention it (I knew there was SOMETHING about SOME new person to me that I had seen). But for now I'd just like to keep my eye on him.
Do you believe he was trying to convince he was a civilian, or do you believe what he said about just wanting to let everyone know he's not a new player?
My vibe is that I think he's playing the civ card hard. A little too hard.
nijuukyugou wrote:The bad news is, I've been without internet access since last night due to traveling, power outages, and, y'know, socially interacting with people that I've traveled to see in real life (might need to get my priorities in order). This means I haven't had much of a chance to read through the thread as much as I'd like before the poll ends (I am still socializing after all :P ) or go back and look at something like I promised someone (I can't even remember who I promised this to. Long day).

The good news is, for the first time in my mafia-playing career, I have decent suspicion from what I have been able to gather of all three of the top vote-getters in this thread, and I'm okay with voting any of them, which is...a miracle. The question is, who do I want to pick?

I have been able to read a bit. Cobalt's made me itchy, and I read over the last page and the opportunistic vote switch. I'd still like to analyze him more closely if I get the chance. SVS has been highly, HIGHLY defensive and has weirdly voted for herself, which is something I'm not used to (the self-voting, not the defensiveness), so slightly mixed feelings but very much leaning bad. But tonight, I think I want to make things...interesting. I also like Epi's case and interaction with LC - like it in the way that I think it points to LC as a baddie. Epi's a manipulative bastard, but he's a manipulative bastard giving me good vibes, and I wanna see what happens when I press the big red button that no one should press (and by that I mean make the votes closer right now).

So I'm gonna vote LC.

Linki - Silence broken!
I can't help but now read this post as her leaving the door open on all three lynch possibilities, creating the freedom for herself to vote any one of the three lynch candidates from that day. The bigger middle paragraph where she runs through her reasoning about all three feels a bit contrived and doesn't seem to fit as well with her previous statement that she's excited to have "decent suspicion" of all three and is "okay with voting any of them". Immediately after saying this, she expresses that she's not actually okay with voting Cobalt, waffles a bit on SVS, and ultimately settles on Long Con because she "likes Epi's case". I feel like a town Ninja would not have been so quick to make a decision here, even with changeable votes. Her later comments about doing it for the "interesting reactions" also now comes back to me as not particularly fitting with the tone of this post, as it is suggested here that she at least feigned careful reasoning before voting, and was not just doing it to provoke others. Here it is:
nijuukyugou wrote:
sig wrote:@ Sloonei I've played with someone who would always vote for themselves after to many people became suspicious I don't think it is a good mafia method but one person has in the past fooled me bydoing that and I've seen two others do the same, it is a mindgame which always makes me think they are mafia trying to make themselves seem like civilians.

Nijuuk if your wary of SVS why not vote for her? I'm not understanding your vote
Because I wanted to make it interesting. I'm wary of all three of the top candidates and am okay with any and all getting votes. (PS you can call me Nijuu or Blooper if you want)
I am no longer buying this excuse. When I asked her about it, she responded affirmatively:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Also would you say things have been made more interesting by your LC vote, Blooperstranger?
Oh, quite! It's garnered some good reactions.
But then it took her a few days to follow up on it, and when she did there wasn't really much evidence to back up the claim:
nijuukyugou wrote:In general, after my LC vote Day 1, people seemed to flip out and start changing votes, but that is often the norm here on TS with changeable votes. However, it was specific reactions that got my attention. First, it gave me (and others in their analyses) my first real ping of sig, who was the first to freak out and try to call me bad for mixing things up when I did. He freaked the FUCK OUT (and I laughed so, so hard). Honestly, it also made me look a bit in your direction since you freaked out about a possible tie, but that was a mafia cultural difference that you explained. nutella switched her vote soon after from SVS to Cobalt. Golden changed his vote a few times to break the tie. Hedgeowl and Gumshoe came in last minute and voted. Cobalt tried to say he would've switched yadda yadda yadda (I've already said this twice). Looking at this now several days later, it's not as much of a great analyzing point as I'd like it to be, and the "good reactions" I mentioned were rather more amusing than informative, but there's the raw data of what went down that day.

I'm still itchy about Cobalt, especially since his activity has died down considerably these past few days. His two posts for today were either nonsense about G-Man's supposed threat to being voted or about getting back into the game when his RL stuff dies down. The RL stuff might be true and I hope it's not terrible! but his participation has been little more than "DIE LC" and getting angrily defensive when he has been here, so I'd like to see what he means by getting back in "full force." I am a bit wary of nutella based on behavior (I had mentioned she seemed more serious than what I'd experienced as her civ self in the past) and that vote switch from Day 1, but then I look at her vote record - she has voted for people on both mafia teams. However, for some reason I'd thought she'd voted earlier in the LC and sig lynches, which is what really held me back, but she seems to have voted when they were pretty much a done deal (aside from vote switching mechanics). So I guess what I'm saying is that I need to look back at her again and she could still be a baddie.

I know that's not what you guys are talking about currently in the thread at this hour, but I figured I'd get these thoughts out while they were in my head and to make myself tired enough to go to sleep (and because Guess Who might start tomorrow, which will likely alter my concentration and participation in this game). However, I will at least comment about vote analysis in finding baddies - it freaking works. It caught us BAD in Biblical, as Golden attests :fist: so I'm glad to see it being used and discussed here :)

For the record, I'm still not tired. Maybe I'll try reading myself to sleep.
I especially disagree with her when she says sig's reaction to her vote gave many people their "first real ping" about him. I know I first became suspicious of sig because of the way he handled his own vote that day. I did not even become wary of his response to niju's vote until after he had been lynched and I looked back through his posts, and the only reason it stood out to me was because of how strange he was acting towards niju in particular. I think it's also worth noting that she makes absolutely no mention of that sig ping in her big huge follow up post. She does spend a lot of time telling us why Cobalt is bad, though.
nijuukyugou wrote:Well, I am late for this party, but I am laughing profusely at the thread :haha:

I don't plan on changing my mind about what I believe to be Cobalt's alignment, but I suppose it would be prudent to look at...others. I will determine what others I want to focus on at a later time, as I simply want a placeholder/check-back-in post right now and I'm exhausted from moving boxes up three flights of stairs in nearly 100 degree weather, but I digress. Back later to read back and post in more detail.

Linki - Ohhhh man gotta love the picture posts :D
Still no mention of sig...
nijuukyugou wrote:I gotta stop doing this to myself. But moving takes so. Much. Time. Here we go.

So I've tabbed quotes from people that I agree with and/or find interesting (I'll make it clear what I think about them as I go). Sometimes I'm sad I wasn't there in real time to respond, but thems the breaks. I'll also comment on general things that have been discussed.
timmer wrote:
Dom wrote:
Coablt's discussion has been totally about role descriptions.... you can choose to believe or disbelieve him.
You obviously have the final say on this, Dom, so I'll move along. I'll just say that I don't like his play, and that if he is a civ, his actions have more likely hurt than helped the cause, imo.
I agree so, so much with this and with your longer post from before. I still think Cobalt is baddie bad bad, but in the offchance in my mind that he is civ, he is NOT playing a very civ-friendly game. His insanified posts are rather amusing, though.

I enjoyed the G-Man pictures (might be because I saw a few of them in Economics but wasn't actually in the game). In fact, I seem to enjoy reading G-Man's posts regardless, especially knowing his identity as Balaam (he humored my request for more ass jokes XD ). I hope you keep some of your pictures! But speaking of G-Man (or another of his former alter-ego players),
Golden wrote:So I went back to look at timing.

Epi dies. Epi replaces in. Epi has (I think) only two posts - one where he says 'I know who killed me' and one where he says 'my suspicions haven't changed'. Then TGG asks to be subbed out.

I honestly think it's very consistent with someone who was part of a team that killed epi, that they killed them for cause, and was upset when he was able to sub back in and express the particular sentiments that he did. I think G-Man and LC are a team. I feel less sure that bubbles is, but she definitely could be.

Does it suck that someone subbing out on a matter of principle could sink a team? Yes. But this is why you should always keep your cool in mafia. I guarantee you, when people complain about things being unfair in this game, it's almost always mafia. Because they perceive it has harmed their chances. I don't think Epi's views necessarily held great weight, and I think the reaction to him subbing back in provides a whole lot more information about how important they believed killing epi to be.
This is a fascinating analysis and, since Epi seems to be silenced and absent, dare I say interesting thought process. I like the ideas posed here (about TGG perhaps getting frustrated and mafia getting frustrated in general). It's a bit of a stretch but entirely possible. However, I'd like to give G-Man the BOTD for today at least since he's a totally different player than TGG. We'll see how it goes.
Scotty wrote:I REALLY want to hear more from row 3. So...calling MM, sig, njuu, nutella, and Turnip! Anything to report??
Roger that. I read and re-read your post about the messages, but my eyesight tends to start going double the more tired I get and, therefore, I get lost in longer analysis posts (this might be why I enjoy the G-Man pics - easier to read!). What information/analysis are you requesting, exactly? I'm happy to help where I can.

As for suspicions beyond Cobalt, I'm still game for LC (it's been a while and I got super distracted by Cobalt, but I liked and agreed with Epi's suspicion and analysis Day 1). TB (I don't really like calling her that, because it looks like tuberculosis :huh: so let's go with TBubbles instead) is an enigma but I'm getting some weird vibes. I keep flip-flopping on how I feel about her, TBH. One moment I was just about to post how I felt she was weird for voting LC instead of Cobalt because she thought the "bandwagon was scummy," and then I re-read that and think, "Oh wait, that's actually logical." So maybe it's just a vibe thing (I'm using that word a lot this game, I notice), although my gut is usually pretty good in mafia. I suppose I should say I have mixed feelings about ol' TBubbles - I feel bad if she's civ and she's feeling so frustrated with this game that she's self-voted, but on the other hand she's been saying "I'm civ! I'm civ!" the entire game without giving us any other reason to believe it beyond that. Plus I don't care for self-votes. But TBubbles, I hope you're not too frustrated, and I'm sorry you're not having much fun - I hope you stay and know that suspicion is nothing personal! Also, nutella seems a lot more serious and a little more biting in this game than I remember, and I'm pretty sure she's been civ in the other games I've played. So there's that. I'll probably give her another good look. Hope you had fun with Blooper stream-of-consciousness hour (and by that I mean I apologize for any discomfort it may have caused). Any questions before we move on?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 has replaced Metalmarsh89. As a result, Metalmarsh89 cannot be lynched today.
I laughed out loud at this for real :haha:
Golden wrote:I don't recognise myself with that avatar. Where is my golden one!
You and me both, buddy. I keep looking for Blooper to see my last post on a page and it's confusing as fuck.
Lots of suspects, but still none named sig. She does offer support of Golden's G-man/Gamerguy theory, but she also remarks that it's "a bit of a stretch" and that she wants to give G-man a pass for a day. Perhaps setting herself up to begin bussing a teammate later on, but not right away. Because we can lynch Cobalt first (I'm aware I've just done a 180 from my previous stance on her "give G-man BOTD" remark).
nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't expect anyone to read all of my big casing posts, but I would really appreciate if people could take a look at those last two (sig and gamer/g-man) and share their thoughts as well. They're the two players who I'm most seriously considering for a lynch, and I obviously think they're very good suspects right now. If other people feel the same way, that'd be great.

any other thoughts about any of my reads are also welcome, of course :)
I like your sig case. I tend to get lost in large games with so many people to keep track of, especially near the beginning, and I'd forgotten about him. He's been weirding me out with the wishy-washy votes and posts, too.
Long Con wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Golden wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can I ask ourHOST why G-Man is able to be voted for? I was off limits for the day I subbed in....
I think it's because you subbed in during the day, and G-Man subbed in at the start of the day, but I'm just guessing.
Thanks, Host! :P
:eye: WHO'S G-Man's teammate?
:ponder:
Here she finally mentions sig, after Scotty and I had both posted our cases against him and I specifically asked for people to respond to it a couple of times. As I noted in my previous post about sig/Ninja interactions, I find it a bit inconsistent that she claims to have both "forgotten about" sig and been "weirded out" by him. I now find it even more inconsistent, considering her later post about "getting her first ping" on sig after his reaction to her Day 1 vote.
nijuukyugou wrote:So...as with others, I'm confused at what happened to Sloonei. It didn't mention death, but he also seemed to exit pretty...not dead? :confused:

There are so many long posts that I am loving here. I apparently suck at using the spoiler tag, so I'm going to do what I hate and include the link to the posts until I figure out the spoilers, since they're so, so long:

Sloonei's first post analyzing connections to sig:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 69#p154469
I like most of this analysis, mainly for the commentary for LC being bad in connection to LC.

The other one also caught my attention for analyzing sig's so-called reads on people:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 89#p154489

I must comment on the last part for reasons. One is this, because it's driving me absolutely nuts:
sig wrote:0-10 10 highest 1 lowest
, nijuukyugou 5 she was less scum before her switching andthen saying she would just run and lynch
What in the name of god's green earth is this? I have done no vote switching this entire game. You see what happens to liars? :P I do like that sig tries to throw shade at me, calling me suspicious, then "hard civ" when he's on the way down, then wishy-washy'ing his way back to "suspicious." I see what you did there...well, kinda. Nice try.

I also like Epi's Cobalt/LC analysis:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 93#p154493

It's just beautiful. I don't even know how to put in my own words how much I agree with it. But I guess I just did.
The inconsistency continues. If she was suspicious of sig for his Day 1 behavior, why is she not noticing/commenting on it until after he's been lynched? (I also said this in my other post, but it's worth restating)
nijuukyugou wrote:Woo hoo! Two for two!

I'm going Les Mis. It has less votes, and while I really like the storyline of Les Mis, Russell Crowe's horrid singing in its most recent adaptation cannot be forgotten. Also, I've never seen Miss Saigon, so I have no opinion of it, but since both musicals are apparently sung-through, it would probably annoy me, too :P
I like the theory that one or both of the scum teams would have tried to cover all their bases on the Les Mis/Saigon poll, and only myself, FZ, Scotty, and niju voted Les Mis that night. This also makes me scratch my chin at Scotty, but he's one of the people who's been bringing this theory about, and I'm not terribly suspicious of him otherwise at this moment (Would still really like to hear other opinions on him, btw).

nijuukyugou is no longer a town read. I'd like to hear her response to this, as well as any reads she has about current suspects.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:if y'all still need a replacement, lemme know.
Ask Dom, I think it's better its not for bullz since bullz is actually here and others are not.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Updated rainbow (ordered least-to-most suspicious)

moderate town:
timmer
Golden
Canucklehead
Scotty

slight town:
Hedgeowl
Cobalt

neutral:
Turnip Head
Bullzeye/DREAM/Devin

slight mafia:
Neverwhere
DFaraday
Epignosis 2.0
Nutella
fingersplints
Gumshoe
Bass the Clever
Metalmarsh

moderate mafia:
Black Rock
TinyBubbles
nijuukyugou

I've still got too many scum reads/not enough town reads, but a bit of skepticism is a good thing. Most of my "slight mafias" are relatively quiet and will start moving in either direction if/when they make more posts. Also moved timmer down to moderate because I didn't like having him in his own class.
As indicated by my rankings, ninja is my preferred vote today, but if that case isn't gonna get any support then I'd be happy to go for either BR or Bubbles. I leave for work in an hour.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:Also what happened to the insanifier? Not that I'm missing it.
Maybe G-Man was the person who insanified :haha:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That would be hilarious if he could insanify himself, though Cats doesn't seem like the type of role to do that. I would expect Lippa or even Jekyll and Hyde

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

perhaps MM is both silenced and insanified.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:if y'all still need a replacement, lemme know.
Ask Dom, I think it's better its not for bullz since bullz is actually here and others are not.
I'm barely here ever and finding it impossible to even start trying to catch up.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

I am confident that one of my suspects will be lynched tonight regardless of how I vote, so I'm gonna go with nijuukyugou, since she's my top choice and I'd feel better knowing that all three remain possibilities.
TinyBubbles is my #2 suspect by a fair amount with Black Rock at #3. I am okay with any one of them being lynched, but that is my order of preference.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The best part of this part of the day is waiting to see who bandwagons and why.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:The best part of this part of the day is waiting to see who bandwagons and why.
I already know why I plan to bandwagon.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I didn't think BR's defense felt right. She seemed defensive and NO U-ish, which didn't make me feel any better about her. So I will *vote BR* today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm going to vote bubbles, because the way she flips could help me figure out how I feel about cobalt. But I really don't mind if its BR, either way works.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm gonna go ahead and vote for Bubbles. She is definitely my strongest baddie read at this point.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Although I kind of regret that now, and I'd remind everyone to think hard about the potential for a tie... we don't know if Into the Woods is alive.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Regret my timing rather than the vote itself.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

you guys are making a mistake to vote me, if you're civ that is. im gonna cast my vote a little later but probably on nutella , or black rock if no one else votes nutella since it would be a wasted vote
too bad we cannot change votes this poll
@golden why do you regret the timing? i'm sorry you changed your mind about me btw, i sort of can see why but your instincts are wrong this time
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

Scotty wrote:The best part of this part of the day is waiting to see who bandwagons and why.
agreed lol
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

im feeling pretty good about this lynch. I'd rather see br go as i like my case and her responses were weak, but tiny bubbles has been problematic all game sop a tiny Lynch will answer some questions for sure.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Nobody's taking to my ninja case, i worked so hard on that thing :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

timmer wrote:im feeling pretty good about this lynch. I'd rather see br go as i like my case and her responses were weak, but tiny bubbles has been problematic all game sop a tiny Lynch will answer some questions for sure.

i'll save you some time: i'm gonna show up as civ, the people who voted me are going to end up as more suspicious than before especially the late voters, black rock will probably be the next to go and cobalt will probably seem more suspicious too. also canucklehead and nutella are not gonna go until a bit later probably (if at all) but i'd bet at least on one of them is mafia. golden and sloonei i thought were town and i still think that, i don't know how they'll take this, probably re-evaluate some of their opinions on black rock/cobalt and you based on your opinions of me.

i haven't been totally committed to this game and for that i apologize, but i am still gonna be following it and i do believe that civs can still win. if i recall correctly the first mafia team only had one player left and the 2nd, had 2? so there's only 3 people left to lynch to win, and still like 10+ civs. the odds are good.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

Literally the only people I've ever seen use the words "you're making a [big, huge, monumental, adjective] mistake" ever, have been scum.
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

Cobalt wrote:Literally the only people I've ever seen use the words "you're making a [big, huge, monumental, adjective] mistake" ever, have been scum.
would you prefer small, minor, inconsequential mistake? :p cause actually it's probably not that big, given there are still plenty of civs. i just don't want to die
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
I already know why I plan to bandwagon.
I'm waiting with bated breath..

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TinyBubbles wrote:you guys are making a mistake to vote me, if you're civ that is. im gonna cast my vote a little later but probably on nutella , or black rock if no one else votes nutella since it would be a wasted vote
@golden why do you regret the timing? i'm sorry you changed your mind about me btw, i sort of can see why but your instincts are wrong this time
Because I don't want a tie - I'd sooner vote BR to avoid one than to vote my first choice (you).

Bubbles - I think you are bad, but I think you've played bad fairly well. You have a very good style, that serves you well. It's hard for me to see how you could recover your game from here at this point (you just seem bad) whether you are lynched today or not. You never know though! But I really do enjoy playing the game with you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:Nobody's taking to my ninja case, i worked so hard on that thing :(
I just don't think its a case for today, but it's still an important one.
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

Golden wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:you guys are making a mistake to vote me, if you're civ that is. im gonna cast my vote a little later but probably on nutella , or black rock if no one else votes nutella since it would be a wasted vote
Because I don't want a tie - I'd sooner vote BR to avoid one than to vote my first choice (you).

Bubbles - I think you are bad, but I think you've played bad fairly well. You have a very good style, that serves you well. It's hard for me to see how you could recover your game from here at this point (you just seem bad) whether you are lynched today or not. You never know though! But I really do enjoy playing the game with you.
it's ok no hard feelings! i enjoy playing with you too, but you're totally wrong golden! "i just seem bad" you're wrong wrong wrong...

lol i am bad at convincing people obviously. but it's the plain truth. and that'll probably be revealed a few hours from now
(tbh i'm kind of relieved it's over, it was the same in narnia, this game is STRESSFUL and gets in my head too much. i want to keep it light and fun but sometimes cant help but take it personally. )
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Nobody's taking to my ninja case, i worked so hard on that thing :(
^This. I'm grilling and spending time with family right now, but I will look at it tomorrow. I promise! :bighug:

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Well holy shit, Sloonei. And I thought we were working so well together :pout: I will vote and justify first, then address your points about me in a later post.

I still think Cobalt's bad. I like that he's back and participating more, but it doesn't change my mind about what I saw and pointed out from earlier in the game. Those actions speak much louder than sudden more active participation. As for TBubbles, I agree with this summary of her behavior from Canuck:
Canucklehead wrote:Reading up on these last few pages has solidified for me my earlier read on Cobalt (I don't think he's bad), and my mistrust of TB (I think she's bad and drowning. Her most recent post is seemingly just dripping with forced optimism and a fake air of "No worries! Aw shucks, I'm just happy to help the good ol' Civs! Cuz I'm just an innocent wittle civvy-wivvy!" *blink-blink* *doe eyes*. I don't buy it. I agree with Epi's last post that TB is more likely to be on Team LC, but I'm perfectly happy to find her on the other team, too.
This is how I've felt about TBubbles' posting since the first time she claimed she was sooooo civ. Her participation also drops drastically from when she's not in discussion, but I suppose that's normal since it gives you more specific things to talk about. Finally, I like timmer's case on Black Rock. It's sound and has good evidence. I don't really have anything to add to it other than that.

So I'm good with any of those three being voted. This is a tough choice mainly between Cobalt and TBubbles, but I think my vote will be put to better use in voting TBubbles today since that actually seems to be going somewhere.

Linki - :hugs: Much love to the Bubbles!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TinyBubbles wrote:
Golden wrote:

it's ok no hard feelings! i enjoy playing with you too, but you're totally wrong golden! "i just seem bad" you're wrong wrong wrong...

lol i am bad at convincing people obviously. but it's the plain truth. and that'll probably be revealed a few hours from now
(tbh i'm kind of relieved it's over, it was the same in narnia, this game is STRESSFUL and gets in my head too much. i want to keep it light and fun but sometimes cant help but take it personally. )
Actually, you've been really good at convincing me. All of your posts feel civilian to me. But some of the things that have happened point to you. It's mean in a way, that I'm almost voting for you to see what I think of Cobalt. Hmm...

My vote is done now, and I can't change it, but your recent posts have me thinking twice about you, again.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Lol I wasn't really expecting it to gain any traction today, but i'll continue to bring it up constantly because i demand to make it a top priority tomorrow
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

REMINDER THAT THE POLL ENDS AT 10PM EST
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
REMINDER THAT THE POLL ENDS AT 10PM EST
I daresay that gives me seven minutes with which to cast a vote. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: BoB Mafia Polls

Post by Dom »

Who killed FZ? (not changeable votes)

Poll runs till Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Bass The Clever
No votes
Black Rock
timmer (2), Cobalt (4), DFaraday (10) 20%
Bullzeye
Bullzeye (8) 7%
Cobalt
Metalmarsh89 (3), Epignosis (15) 13%
Devin
No votes
DFaraday
No votes
Canucklehead
No votes
DREAM
No votes
Fingersplints
No votes
Golden
No votes
Gumshoe
No votes
Hedgeowl
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Epignosis 2.0
No votes
Neverwhere
No votes
nijuukyugou
Sloonei (9) 7%
Nutella
TinyBubbles (14) 7%
Scotty
No votes
Sloonei
No votes
Timmer
No votes
TinyBubbles
Canucklehead (6), Scotty (7), Golden (11), nutella (12), nijuukyugou (13) 33%
Turnip Head
No votes
Sean Connery (dead/non)
Dom (1), S~V~S (5) 13%
Total votes : 15
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That was unexpected.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I never try and figure out any post that says 'it will end at some american time' because its meaningless to me. I just assumed the poll would be to the closest hour. So it's an hour shorter than I expected!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I will give everyone until 10:25. The post will go up then.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Just woke up didn't realize the poll ended then. Sorry I have a hard time keeping track of the time that way. poll gives me time in my time zone :P

I voted bubbles. I know she commented on her playing being off, but I still think it's off because she hasn't been bad before.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I'm also not trying to complain. I know the how to figure out my time from EST obviously, I just forget easier without the poll there to remind me. :hugs:
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Six
ENTER TINYBUBBLES, BR, and COBALT.

ALL SUNG:

TINY BUBBLES: BUT IT WASN'T MY FAULT
I WAS GIVEN THOSE VOTES
YOU MADE ME TRADE AWAY MY LIFE FOR VOTES
AND WITHOUT THOSE VOTES
THERE'D BEEN NO LYNCH TO KILL ONE OF US IN THE FIRST PLACE

BLACK ROCK: WAIT A MINUTE, MAGIC VOTES FOR A LYNCH SO DULL
THAT YOU HAD TO TELL A LIE TO SAVE---

COBALT: I'm not singing.

THERE IS A MOMENT WHERE THE THREE STARE AT EACH OTHER.

GOLDEN [offstage]: GET 'EM!!!

ENSEMBLE rushes on stage, there is a brawl. ALL EXIT.
TinyBubbles lies dead.

TinyBubbles has been lynched, their role was Sweeney Todd.
It is now Night 6. For the American Holiday, we are making this night period 48 hours long. Enjoy the holiday!

Return to “Previous Jobs”