Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Supreme Judge - Children of Serenity
Position 1: End day period early

?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Supreme Judge - Children of Serenity
Position 1: End day period early

?
I would assume so.

I wonder when.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
bea wrote: I'm currently unsure of which is more user friendly - collecting all my thoughts in one long post with no quotes or posting like 1000 times as I catch up. I welcome suggestions but doubt I will see them till I get to the end of this. I'm so far behind I don't know how teefies flipped yet.
Neither do we. :D
We don't even know IF teefies flipped.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:No, I am not. I like art and I am crafty & have a good eye, but I am not good at actually creating things.

Why?
You are a mafia artist though, with regards to creating mafia games. :srsnod:
DrWilgy wrote:Just wondering.

Is there anything wrong with me wanting friends? Nothing more nothing less. Unfurl, I want to be friends with you due to me voting for you so quickly. I'm sorry about that. Players have vouched for you and I may have made a mistake. MM86 and I have played together already, and I can see us becoming good friends as well. That's why I chose them!
In that case, yes! Let's be friends. MP never responded to my offer anyway, so I revoke my offer for a pact with him. Then again, he's got PhD stuff or something to work on.

If you are a recruiter, feel free to recruit me.
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:@JJ - what do you think, specifically, of MM's posts in relation to BWT?
A quick scan revealed nothing striking to me, what should I be looking for? The only curious thing I saw was, if I am interpreting correctly, MM stating his unwillingness to vote BWT because BWT is off-meta. That'd be interesting and MM should talk about that.
The only game I have played with BWT that stands out in my memory is Monopoly Mafia. He and I were two utilities, and the only two members of our baddie team in that game. I just looked back at that game though, and apparently I misrememberd how BWT behaved in that game, so I will rescind my statement that BWT is acting off-meta.

Here is a case that Epignosis made on BWT in that game that got him lynched. It's worth a read if you're interested. I still will not vote for birdwithteeth11 today though.
I subbed in for baddie BWT in Death & Taxes, and so had to become very familiar with his posts in that game. For me, this current BWT reminds me of being on-meta for his baddie self.

linki @JJ - I won't create a rift. I respect epi plenty, and next game will be a new day. It's up to others if they want to call it spiteful.
I see. Well while I agree with you, I just think it's too early to lynch him for it when he's here and playing. It would go against my whole Day 1 approach. I see he won the lynch, but I haven't caught up to his flip yet.
S~V~S wrote:I wonder if aapje is going to change his vote to the next person who changes their vote, thus forcing him to self vote?

*hed asplodes*
Boosh.
Sorsha wrote:I see my name being mentioned for a vote and that's fine, I know I haven't been posting a lot but I was hoping I'd get the botd since I'm out of state for a funeral. After tomorrow I should be able to participate more.

I really don't feel comfortable voting today. If you guys want I can throw out a random but I'm really not informed as well as I'd like to be to make an informed vote. I don't think it would be fair for me to be a tie breaker either.
I'd narrowed it down to you being the second choice on my list, but I'm glad I didn't vote for you now. I look forward to your future contributions.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really think we can do better than defaulting to a vote for a player simply because he hasn't been present on Day 1. I don't like the DFaraday option.
Doggone it Jay. I've spent all day voicing my plan for my lynchvote and you even did a reread of my posts, but you only now voice opposition to the idea? :evileye:
aapje wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
timmer wrote:Skimming at work. Before I vote, aapje, could you explain your vote for DH? Scotty's post does seem to smell like bullshit?
The monkey said he would vote for the next person to change their vote.
This.
S~V~S wrote:I wonder if aapje is going to change his vote to the next person who changes their vote, thus forcing him to self vote?

*hed asplodes*
:faint:

I just hope votes will not be changeable every day :srsnod:
I'll let you know bro.
thellama73 wrote:13 pages for me to catch up on? You guys are killing me. I do not think golden is bad
D. I do not think epi is bad. I do not think marmot is bad.

You know who didn't post at all during those 13 pages, who disappeared as soon as I wasn't around to attack her? TinyBubbles. She gets my vote.
:haha:

Welcome back llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:I am hoping to encourage behaviour change from epi through early death.
Good luck with that.
Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:.He doesn't want to end it to his own lynch, is the point.... he knows that BOTH outcomes of that lynch outcome are bad for him.
How does Epi know anything?
I feel like Epi just knows things, dude.

Like, he just sits around and knows all the live-long day.

Ya feel me?
I find that I am quite good at knowing.

It's the doing part that gets me in trouble.
Scotty wrote:Well, for one: Epignosis literally translates to "Toward Knowledge" in Ancient Greek.
Very good sir!
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think it's lame when people come in and criticize other people's reasoning (especially those they don't understand).

Come in Day 1 with your own thoughts and ideas- not knocking down those already made.
As someone who works in theater sometimes, I hate it when a director, designer, or other person gives a note on a performance but makes it a general note when it clearly is not for everyone. "Some of us need to make sure we project more. Remember the people in the back!" they might say. "Can we make sure we find our light? It's hard to focus the lights properly if you're not trying," is something else they might quip. It's irritating because they obviously mean a few people who need to do a better job. If the entire cast/crew had the problem, it would warrant a response larger than a note at the end of a run. Instead of addressing the actors and crew members, the production staff member will simply make a general note-- which the vast majority of the people receiving notes will ignore-- it's not for them.

Now, I'm not implying you are the director, Epig (I would never give you such an ego boost), but the principle is similar. To make a long story short: Who the hell are you talking about?
There is a term for the phenomenon you have described. I have spent an hour searching for it, even though I know I read the Wikipedia page for it only a few months ago. If anyone can find the term I am looking for (a foggy memory indicates that it may be a Greek theatrical phrase), I will not vote for you for the next three Days.

By the way, I worked in several theaters, and I hate directing. I much prefer acting and letting the director and stage manager tell me what to do.

To answer your question, I was referring to several people. Unfurl is one that comes to mind immediately.
Golden wrote:I believe epi knows I am not bad. OK?
That amazes me. You believe something that can't possibly be true Day 1.
timmer wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:All the recruiters are equally naughty. What makes half of them more civvie than the others, other than that's what we're told to call them? They all seem nearly equal in power.
^THIS. While I believe Long Con and Black Rock have styled the four factions as Civ 1 &2, Baddie 1&2, namely by having limited BTSC in the civ team but larger numbers, going by things they've said, does it really behoove us to think that way? Are not all four sides ultimately trying to rule this realm? Why can't people embrace the LMS-hybrid quality of this game? Why wrap yourself in the civvie flag when there are 4 civs or so out of 30+ players right now?
I don't agree with this. I know how RM3 worked, and I think I can guess how this one does. There are civilians, and there are Mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The exchange of votes between Golden and Epignosis looks to me like the literal definition of OMGUS (I think y'all call it "no u"). I doubt I'll support a lynch of either of them on Day 1.
That makes no sense, and if you really believe that, then I don't trust you to read things carefully.
Spacedaisy wrote: I tried posting three times in the last two days. Each time were long posts with multiple quotes in them and each time I lost them to the monster that is my iPad. It is out to crush my soul, I tell you. Each time, I ended up throwing my iPad away from me in rage and give up for the moment.
Maybe you should stop abusing your iPad?

And that was a fine big ass post you made. I agree with most everything you said, Mrs. Browne. Not everything, but most.
Spacedaisy wrote:One last thing I forgot, Epi in the past I have realized when you have a choice you like to have players on a team you have not worked with before because you think long term, you want to understand a player's baddie game so you can read them better down the road and the best way to do that is to be on a team with them. Don't think I didn't know what you were doing in guess who. ;) Also, you will learn my baddie game better in a full game, I suck at speed games.So, I found your answer to the question interesting. I'm unconvinced you would choose llama.
I admitted that in my rationale to 3J: I do want to understand how a Mafia player's mind functions for future games. But such a person would NOT be my first pick. I would want a solid foundation, and then take a wild(er) card.

And I chose all three of you in Guess Who? because we had never had BTSC before. That was my primary reason.
Roxy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:I agree it needs to end. I would plead with people, vote me or epi. I honestly don't care which. Either epi loses, or he is proven wrong. Both will be satisfactory.
Nah. Nice try.

Make people think it has to be me or your, and if I'm wrong, then I have to be bad.

False dilemma. Mafia strategy 101. Get out of here with that.

Y'all go on and vote the way your conscience leads.

But he does not say if you are wrong you are bad - why include that bit in your reply?
He implies it in another post, which I'm too tired to locate.
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden, what do you suppose might Epignosis's anti-town motives be if he is smearing you deliberately right now?
I suspect that if epi has no alignment, it is no skin off his nose to take out someone he does not want to end up on an opposing team to him. Not that I think he would necessarily specifically target me as that person, but, put it this way...

Where the rest of us might be inclined to vote a low poster because they might end up being a good target for baddies in case we end up fighting for the civs, I think epi is more likely to think of it from the opposite perspective and take out people he doesn't want opposing him should he end up fighting for the mafia.
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The exchange of votes between Golden and Epignosis looks to me like the literal definition of OMGUS (I think y'all call it "no u"). I doubt I'll support a lynch of either of them on Day 1.
I did very literally no u epi.
And then you didn't, according to the poll.
Bullzeye wrote:He's good at Mafia (don't tell him I said that) but he's not psychic and he can get things hilariously wrong just like everyone else. See LMS for an example of Epi not knowing anything to the point I was actively mocking him in the thread for his wrongness until it got too annoying and I just wanted to shut him up. Here I don't think he or Golden are actually bad.
I didn't give two shits about LMS, so if you thought you were mocking me, you dun goofed. :meany:

Also, how was I "not knowing anything" in LMS? Isn't the point to be the last man standing? :rolleyes:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kadajski wrote:
aapje wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, would it? That is interesting.

Who was it that said they were reading recruitment 3. Was that scotty or someone else?
People had powers in RM3, in the first 2 editions most started as vanilla though.
This post seems suspicious to me, lynch aapje for being a nubling!
Hello and who the hell are you?
LoRab wrote:
Kadajski wrote: This post seems suspicious to me, lynch aapje for being a nubling!
Nub Daj. :P
Oh, this is who you are. :haha:
DharmaHelper wrote:Can someone Cliff Notes what the fuck happened to give BWT the votes?
People were freaked out because normal birds don't have teeth. Then BWT bit Ricochet in the bum.
DFaraday wrote:Eighteen pages got posted while I was at work yesterday, and about a dozen more today. Whoever said that I don't have commitment to the game because I haven't had a chance to catch up yet rustles my jimmies. I'm sorry I missed the poll, hosts, and I will make every effort to be caught up tonight.
That was me. You haven't posted before this on Day 1, so I dunno what else to say. :shrug2:
Black Rock wrote:
The day was ended early, unfortunately we were at work. We know have to count votes from that time back. Please have patience.
And this is why it is good to state when you vote, because it might not have counted. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm glad to know you agree with most of that post, even if not all of it. There must be something wrong with me to be happy for approval from Epi... :p
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm glad to know you agree with most of that post, even if not all of it. There must be something wrong with me to be happy for approval from Epi... :p
At least Epignosis responds to your posts. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Time for me to disappear into RL for the weekend, so I have to vote now.

Of the 16 players who failed to register a positive or negative score on my newfangled setup, I took the 8 who made the fewest posts. From there, I removed the three female players because I am a gentleman. Of those five remaining players, I eliminated the one who hasn't posted yet during Day 1 because I am fair and want all players to have a chance to post during the day before I vote unless I have good reason to do otherwise. Of these final four, I voted for the player who had the least compelling content in their posts.

Voted Tranq.
That's sexist yo. Do you want me to remind everyone what happened in LMS 3 Mafia?
Here's what happened.

Everyboday lynched rabbit on Day 6. Bass was the only male left, along with SVS (his coalition partner), Black Rock, Roxy, Elohcin, and unfurl. SVS was nightkilled that Night. Then the rest of the women turned on Bass, devouring him in neat and orderly fashion. It was dreadful to watch, and Bass didn't stand a chance.

Lesson of that game, don't leave Bass alone in a room with four other women.
A) regardless of gender, if I was left alone with those women, I'm pretty sure I'd have had the same fate. That list of females is both awesome AND skerry. :noble:

B) Given your rundown, I don't understand why this is something you are pointing out to GMan in regards to the above scenario. It reads like "you should know better, remember this game." But your example doesn't show him or his actions like at all. So..um...yea...I'm lost as to why this is relevant. I'm sure this is my fault. Please explain.

C) Anytime we can vote wabbit is a good time. For any reason. Duh. :noble:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm glad to know you agree with most of that post, even if not all of it. There must be something wrong with me to be happy for approval from Epi... :p
At least Epignosis responds to your posts. :nicenod:
Awe :hug: I'll respond to your posts if it will make you feel better?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, surprise surprise. TH, Tranq, and Typhoony all voted the same player on Day 1. The same three players whose names start with T that were all mentioned together earlier. :ponder:

Linki: Have fun Spacedaisy. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Time for me to disappear into RL for the weekend, so I have to vote now.

Of the 16 players who failed to register a positive or negative score on my newfangled setup, I took the 8 who made the fewest posts. From there, I removed the three female players because I am a gentleman. Of those five remaining players, I eliminated the one who hasn't posted yet during Day 1 because I am fair and want all players to have a chance to post during the day before I vote unless I have good reason to do otherwise. Of these final four, I voted for the player who had the least compelling content in their posts.

Voted Tranq.
That's sexist yo. Do you want me to remind everyone what happened in LMS 3 Mafia?
Here's what happened.

Everyboday lynched rabbit on Day 6. Bass was the only male left, along with SVS (his coalition partner), Black Rock, Roxy, Elohcin, and unfurl. SVS was nightkilled that Night. Then the rest of the women turned on Bass, devouring him in neat and orderly fashion. It was dreadful to watch, and Bass didn't stand a chance.

Lesson of that game, don't leave Bass alone in a room with four other women.
A) regardless of gender, if I was left alone with those women, I'm pretty sure I'd have had the same fate. That list of females is both awesome AND skerry. :noble:

B) Given your rundown, I don't understand why this is something you are pointing out to GMan in regards to the above scenario. It reads like "you should know better, remember this game." But your example doesn't show him or his actions like at all. So..um...yea...I'm lost as to why this is relevant. I'm sure this is my fault. Please explain.

C) Anytime we can vote wabbit is a good time. For any reason. Duh. :noble:
I should have made my point in pedantic pink, because I wasn't being entirely serious. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bold assertion:

The original recruiters have not pushed distinct agendas in this thread, at least not yet. They've done everything in their power to keep their names out of everyone else's posts.
I don't think this is too bold to consider.

Linki @BWT: well it didn't help that his mother was one of the four, and she created a mafia game that actually did involve eating other players. :P
I just want to know if they seasoned him first. I usually prefer salmon over a garlic butter sauce, but I'm sure it works with other fish too. :llama:
Salmon and dill sauce is where it's at. True story. :noble: Cliches are cliche FOR A REASON people!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Tranq wrote:
LoRab wrote:I think what SD was trying to get at (or what I took from it and agree with) is the people who seem to be insisting that this is not a Good vs Bad game at all. Commentary on and enjoying the setup is something different. But there could be some nafarious goal in those pushing that there are no baddies and civies (TH comes to mind). Or that there are just factions not teams (Roxy comes to mind).

I'm not sure I want to vote for either of them, because I think that in a complex game, with the added idea of clans, it's not impossible to be confused. I do, however, think that it's possible that a baddie might want to perpetuate the confusion and get people to believe that there aren't baddies.
There could be, aye. Though generally i don't remember baddies in previous RM games laying the focus on there not being enough baddies/civvies yet. Players who were vocal about playing the unrecruited/neutral way usually always ended up being unrecruited. Maybe i should go look through the RM3 thread again.
nutella wrote:linki: ha, mixing up tranq and typh, classic! :haha: they love it when people do that! :nicenod:
:suspish:
awe...typh...it's so cute when you get upset. :haha: is what I want to post....but then I get worried that typh might get mad. :omg: I tend to refer to the lot of them as Those Damn Dutchies and Appje. :grin:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Huh, day ended early? I wonder when... and why whoever has that role decided to use it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:I think I'll vote Tranq for now.
I'm sure I missed it, I'm super tired - but why?

Feel free to link me back to the post I missed. Or just sum up or just say Day 1 fuckit. Any reason is a good reason Day 1. I just grow concerned when I see no reason, flimsy or solid....
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrWilgy wrote:I only got 1 response on my question about SVS. Its rather important, even more so than my other questions.

MM89, you me and Unfurl are all on a team now. Ok?
ok - so your question was about svs being aritstic right? I don't know her to be personally so, but as others have pointed out. Good google images searches make that a moot point really...I personally can't make a *bad* paint drawing as well as like well - others not playing this game, but I know how google images search works....

As to wheither I think she is bad or not yet, no. I don't. I haven't seen her say or do anything that I wouldn't expect her to say or do.I know her pretty well, but tbh, it's in regular games about day 3-4 when I get my feelings about her.

And while I'm here, I need to ask you, good doctor of the wiggle, - I've seen several people post defenses of you based on "he's from JMT." - Please explain this to me. I know during the champions game, there was all SORTS of cross over and we all met and blended and everyone is trying different things in different forums. Except that - I missed all that. I was sadly absent as I was acclimating to a new job and new responsibilities. So I don't know about your history at your home site and I don't understand what "He's from JMT" means. I want to understand that Please explain it to me. :)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I only got 1 response on my question about SVS. Its rather important, even more so than my other questions.

MM89, you me and Unfurl are all on a team now. Ok?
ok - so your question was about svs being aritstic right? I don't know her to be personally so, but as others have pointed out. Good google images searches make that a moot point really...I personally can't make a *bad* paint drawing as well as like well - others not playing this game, but I know how google images search works....

As to wheither I think she is bad or not yet, no. I don't. I haven't seen her say or do anything that I wouldn't expect her to say or do.I know her pretty well, but tbh, it's in regular games about day 3-4 when I get my feelings about her.

And while I'm here, I need to ask you, good doctor of the wiggle, - I've seen several people post defenses of you based on "he's from JMT." - Please explain this to me. I know during the champions game, there was all SORTS of cross over and we all met and blended and everyone is trying different things in different forums. Except that - I missed all that. I was sadly absent as I was acclimating to a new job and new responsibilities. So I don't know about your history at your home site and I don't understand what "He's from JMT" means. I want to understand that Please explain it to me. :)
I can give you some mechanics differences, though these are based on the one game I am playing there now.
  • They bold their votes in thread.
    They reveal every killed role, not just lynched roles.
    They do not have resurrections in their games.
    They have a different culture than we do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ricochet wrote:With less than three hours to go (it will probably be less than two when I submit this), I feel like giving a mini-read on some things and call it a day. I'll be the first to admit my D1 has been kinda shitty, but I'll try to shift into a better gear from now onwards (I had hoped that I could keep my summer prolific, hyperactive, carefree mafia playing mojo until at least the first half of September, but RL stuff I should work on are starting to pressure me with every passing day, plus the whole playing two full games on two difference sites at once is throwing me off balance, it seems)

on good vs evil VS LMS factions debate this feels oddly like Death Note all over again, where the premise for a more complex game was offered, but anyone wanting to embrace it was shot down and eyeballed by everyone wanting to keep things simple; as I've said a while ago, any debate of this kind in this game feels like D0 material that leaks into the regular gaming. I think both camps made good arguments, in particular timmer's post and Spacedaisy's reminder of the group's win cons being fair, that don't exclude each other, but only highlight what a mixed format this game actually is. I'm not inclined to treat this as basis for hunting atm: for all the talk that the players pushing the LMS angle might be baddies trying to divert attention, the same could be said that the ones saying this is clearly good vs bad at its core might be blending as "purists".

on BWT, I don't think I have meta on him being mafia from the games I've played with him, but the heat he's getting still is something I'm familiar with; in those previous games he'd normally spook the rest or catch fire with a vote option or reasoning that would seem contradictory or phony or farfetched (and get mislynched), compared to which the onset here is even earlier than that. The problem I'm currently having with BWT stems from this claim about trying to shake off his previous meta, after the hiatus, and improve his style by being more upfront and cutting down on the waffling. The problem is he hasn't so far and his claim is now heavily influencing me in how I'm reading his others posts: ante-claim he was easily drawn in by MP's idea to target low-posters and then post-claim, he's drawn in by JJJ pointing out Golden's wording, he's drawin in by llama's theory that Spacedaisy might be a good recruit candidate and he engages in rebuttals in Golden only to then call it a cautious thing. Maybe I misunderstand what he meant by being more deliberate and less tangled in waffleness, but I'm not seeing it take place so far. His claim is hence often inconsistent with the way he jumps into multiple discussions (with variable stances) and his change of views on Golden; everything can sound like fair assessing, but it feels like the old-style BWT that he claims to want to get past. Not sure I can do a recruiter/recruited profile on any of this, but it's enough to make me suspicious of him.

something probably minor in today's context for me, but bea, for all her busy B, pretty active and solid activity, pinged me a bit with this post to JJJ, in which she apparently doesn't like the "suspicious" approach in finding one of the original or recruited baddies (thinking they're too few right now to have a good shot at it or something?), for which she will go with the randomizing option. I think she also misunderstood me in this reply: I specifically said 4 out of 36 are currently baddie-aligned, I didn't talk about the 4 leaders split into 2 civs and 2 baddies, which is what she's referencing. In my post, I said that hunting for 4 baddies right now isn't different from starting any mafia game with a three or four-baddie team, except that in this case the field is larger and the mechanics trickier. Yet why is she pessimistic about this precise angle, making her take the "random" road so easily? Overall, these two posts strangely feel like some sort of detachment coming from her in desiring to hunt any baddies today.

on Llama and/or MP in dialogue with me - I left it at that back then, but overall, I have to say I'm a bit discontent with how it went and it definitely boils down to MP's bias call on me. It's such an odd angle to interpret my case and I have no idea why MP, out of all people, would go out of the blue for sudden meta rather than analysis. I clearly pointed to him there is no real meta on me ever jumping on llama like that, so why would he have in mind that it would be in my habit to hunt llama out of bias, enough to immediately bring it up? Anyway, as I've said, the whole bias discussion took a lot of space afterwards (with further twists in the discussion) and llama himself, as far as my read on it goes, surfed on it as well instead of addressing anything. With him RL-busy until Tuesday (or?), all this will probably be inconsequential by then. So in other, less elegant words, my case has gone to shit thanks to that exchange. I doubt either of them will gain today significant traction (I mean idk the votes are really spread so far, but there are more expected), but I might still vote for llama based on my read; plus, the more I think of it, I'm wary of the way MP approached that.

I don't think I have the strength for an in-depth read about Golden vs Epi, for which I apologise; oddly enough, at some point during the spat, my gut read was feeling that Golden is a bit too defensive and elaborate in rebutting about the whole thing, sort of giving me the vibe that, if he's actually a recruiter and a baddie-aligned one, all of this would make him alarmed, in a sort of "this can't be happening" way. Nonetheless, it's also consistent to affirm that Golden can heavily defend as a civ, too, especially in situations when he's not getting through with his explanations or being stonewalled by his accusers (Watchmen comes to mind). I may come back to analyse this, but for now I don't have a strong opinion.

voting Llama and it'll probably stay that way, unless for some real EoD dramatic twist
Rico - your anaylisis of me was spot on. I avoid day 1 vote as much as I can. I'd wager, and someone can look it up if they are so inclined, that I tend to default to random day 1 vote more than ANY other day 1 stragagy. Why? Because for me, a small day 1 ping doesn't earn a vote. To me personally, a throwaway random vote doesn't mean that I lynch a potential civ ally because I didn't give them the benifit of the doubt on day 1. My day 1 pings are for looking to see what happens next. I always want to look at both sides. My pings plus their reactions. Sometimes this is a blessing, sometimes this is a curse. TBH, I'd vote myself Day 1 every time if Jason hadn't beaten that horse to the ground (or more recently MM ;) ) For me Day 1 is a meaninless vote that statistically probably won't catch a baddie. (it does happen occasionally -but look at the numbers. Getting a baddie day 1 is fucking rare) My concern tends to be jumping into the discussion even if it's to say "this feels like day 1 bullshit"

I am still only caught up to this post, but I do know that teefies got the most votes, and while I'm reading up, I hear some people express things like "someone said this felt like fence sitting so Imma vote teefies. It's day 1 it's the best I have." I was the first person to call teefies out for that. I didn't vote it because it was me questioning him. Not me wanting to find the reason to vote him day 1. You do see the difference yes?

linki -lol mm - so kinda like Ksite?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sure! I have no idea. Never been to K-Site.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Fairly interesting :ponder: .
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1 lynch)

Post by Long Con »

Seed of Paranoia

It was raining in the moderately-sized fishing village of Driix. Two local guardsmen, of the constabulary sect of the Children of Serenity, were making their rounds along the rickety piers and stone-lined sideroads that made up the most active portion of the village.

"Hold up," said one, "There's a new message from central command." He pulled out a small screen and read closely, his face glowing with a bluish-green light as he leaned over it, sheltering it from the rain with his body.

"What's the scoop?" said the other. "More uniform regulation changes?"

"No..." he said, frowning slightly. "No, this is different." He looked up. "We're supposed to look out for deserters and suspicious activity."

"Deserters? Here?" the other scoffed incredulously. "What are they deserting, their families? Their crappy jobs?" He gave a short, mocking laugh.

"No, this is different. Seems pretty serious. Supposedly, the Warrior of the Shadows are making some sort of power play. There's been a couple of deaths already."

"Well, I doubt anything will happen here, it's only a-" His words were cut short by a loud crash just around the corner. They looked at each other, and both began to run to where the noise had originated.

When they rounded the corner, they could see a shadowy form next to a crate that had fallen and broken open by the docks. "Hey!" yelled the first guard, and the figure looked up, startled, and began to run.

"Hey, stop!" he yelled again, and began to give chase.

"I've got him," growled the second, and pulled out bolas from his belt, twirling them above his head. "Non-lethal measures," he grinned. "I've been practicing!"

The first guard stopped, and raised his eyebrows, impressed. The second twirled them once more and let them fly. They twirled through the air toward the shadowy figure, and both guards cheered as the figure toppled in a clump. "Nice one, man, where did you get those??"

"I sent away for them!" he grinned, and they both jogged over to accost the figure.

They arrived to see the figure writhing and clawing at their neck, where the bolas had wrapped around tightly. The figure's face was turning purple, eyes bulging.

"Whoa, whoa, get it off him! It's choking him, quick!" They tried to unwind the bolas, but they were too tightly tangled. Before they could get the figure free, they had stopped clawing and writhing, and had gone limp.

"Agh, no, he's dead, he's dead!" said the guard frantically, finally unwrapping the bolas. "Oh, man, this is really bad!"

"I know!" They both stared down at the body despondently. "Should we... should we push him in the water?"

"We're so losing our jobs."

Just then, to their relief, the figure began to cough and groan. The two guards helped him up and gave him some water, telling him alternately how they were so sorry, and trying to gauge the chances that he would press charges.

No one has been lynched. The lynch was ended early, at 5:46pm. If you wish to know exactly who wasn't lynched, then you'll have to do what we just had to do, and go through posts to see who voted when, and for whom, before that time.

From now on, bold and colour your official votes in the thread when you make or change them. That will make this much easier, should it happen again. Tell your friends; not everyone will read this.

It is now Night 1. Get your PMs in as early as possible, because this game has a lot of factors to sift through.

Night 1 will last for less than 24 hours. Please refer to Phase 2's Position Poll for the exact end time of the Night.

Ultramorph
Also WTF Kadaj??? :eek:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So, before I forget, tomorrow morning we're heading out for the final camping trip of the year. It should be three days long, but I expect that at least once or twice I'll drive to the beer&wine store and get some reception, so I'll check in when I can!

Linki: nice writeup, LC!
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:So, before I forget, tomorrow morning we're heading out for the final camping trip of the year. It should be three days long, but I expect that at least once or twice I'll drive to the beer&wine store and get some reception, so I'll check in when I can!

I don't know where you're camping, but have fun! I've got a couple more myself, one over Labor Day weekend.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1 lynch)

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:No one has been lynched. The lynch was ended early, at 5:46pm. If you wish to know exactly who wasn't lynched, then you'll have to do what we just had to do, and go through posts to see who voted when, and for whom, before that time.
Should I assume all times are EST? I just want to make sure.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:So, before I forget, tomorrow morning we're heading out for the final camping trip of the year. It should be three days long, but I expect that at least once or twice I'll drive to the beer&wine store and get some reception, so I'll check in when I can!

I don't know where you're camping, but have fun! I've got a couple more myself, one over Labor Day weekend.
Just a place nearby, but not too near, we mostly just want a holiday from all of the damn smoke. Washington State's fires are now starting to cross the border into Canada, adding to the "fun times".
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:No one has been lynched. The lynch was ended early, at 5:46pm. If you wish to know exactly who wasn't lynched, then you'll have to do what we just had to do, and go through posts to see who voted when, and for whom, before that time.
Should I assume all times are EST? I just want to make sure.

Always

I could not put a time on the poll. The poll ends 10 pm EST. I will put frequent reminders in the thread.
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Argh, I can't even comprehend the amount of posting that's going on here. Two big things stick out to me, and I want to confirm that I share the suspicions previously raised.
Golden wrote: But I certainly think epi and I are not going to be on the same side at any point in this game. Recruiters would be daft to recruit us both on to the same side at this point.
The "certainly" is certainly a key word. Because the only way you'd know that for certain would be to be a recruiter yourself. At this point, the low-level animosity you've already established would be perfect for shedding suspicion of teamwork over time. I think you're being far too rash to discount that possibility.

The second is the continued insistence of some players, most recently Roxy, that this is not a good vs. evil game. It's written right there in the rules: civvie groups 1 and 2, baddie groups 1 and 2. There are lynches by civs and NKs by baddies that happen regardless of position. This is very clear, and I don't see why anyone would deny it except to sow confusion.
Put it this way, boomslang. Epi being on my team will not stop me killing him if I have the chance. Anyone who chose to recruit us both to the same team is making an error.
This post still assumes that the recuiters can actuall *choose* to recruit everyone on their team. And Golden, as much as I love you, you've failed to see what I and MANY others who've played these games have said - recruiters only get a MINIMAL choice.

I was a recruiter last game, and because I was rezzed into a recruiting roll and was behind the other teams, I believe I was allowed a special allowance of 2 people I chose. IF they weren't already recruited at that point. My other recruits - as much as I loved them and as epic as they were I loved you Fredo. You broke my heart.. :flamed: they were not people I PICKED.

You could by circumstance still end up on a civ team with epi via recruitement Through NONE OF THE RECRUITERS ACTIONS. And as civs you likely won't have bts. As a civ (and I don't know about this part as I was bad bad bad when I was a recruiter) you might MAYBE get the role and not the player via info.

Do you see now what we are saying? You could end up on that team with epi - not through your choice or his - just from dumb blind luck - and you could realistically BOTH be civs. Without BTS. If you FINALLY got epi lynced day 5 - and he did flip civ recruited - and you didn't know because you didn't have the super rare civ bts - how would you feel then? Would it have still been as Day 1 worth it?
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 1)

Post by Marmot »

Oh fuck, I screwed up my vote. I thought I was still in offline mode. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll try to do a recount of the vote from beforehand, but this vote appears to have been the last vote placed before the lynch was stopped.
unfurl wrote:Im gonna go ahead and vote
Im gonna sort of revenge vote for MP, cause he did never explained why he voted for me, yes we had some back in forth, and I think part of the main reason he started going after me was because I laugh that he was going after low posters while he was trying to be super good-helpfull at trying to find the recruiters, that was the easy way out to appear helpfull
yes he said to be busy and what not, but he manages to post after votting for me, let see if he comes back posting 10000 post after this

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Nobody

Giving us the time of the poll stoppage gives us a good idea of who might have been involved.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Just a place nearby, but not too near, we mostly just want a holiday from all of the damn smoke. Washington State's fires are now starting to cross the border into Canada, adding to the "fun times".
Oh, bummer. :(

Oregon's had it's share of fires too, but the wind tends to blow everything east, away from us here in Eugene anyway.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:RIP Nobody

Giving us the time of the poll stoppage gives us a good idea of who might have been involved.
The post from unfurl I quoted was made at 5:43 PM, and the last post before the lynch closed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Jesus. I've got like 14 pages to sift through.Getting off work in about an hour. I want to keel over and die. Kids, if you ever want to become a Merchant Marine, please don't be an asshat to everyone at your commencement gala. Guy spilled wine all over my shirt, didn't apologize, and I'm working 13 hours tomorrow with same said shirt.
I'm sorry, a heads up that I won't be much use over the corse of Saturday. If that means lynching me, then so be it, i get it. I promise to be in full swing come monday. will skim through on my ride home and address tings if I need ot address things
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:Jesus. I've got like 14 pages to sift through.Getting off work in about an hour. I want to keel over and die. Kids, if you ever want to become a Merchant Marine, please don't be an asshat to everyone at your commencement gala. Guy spilled wine all over my shirt, didn't apologize, and I'm working 13 hours tomorrow with same said shirt.
I'm sorry, a heads up that I won't be much use over the corse of Saturday. If that means lynching me, then so be it, i get it. I promise to be in full swing come monday. will skim through on my ride home and address tings if I need ot address things
Luckily for you, the 24 hour night phase and 48 hour day phase that follows plenty of time to rekindle the fire in your heart. :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

The post from unfurl I quoted was made at 5:43 PM, and the last post before the lynch closed.
You think Unfurl tried to help a new teammate out?

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote::haha:

Linki @Typh, not Tuph.
I'm pretty sure that you are ok with tuph. It wasn't Tranq. That said, Typh is your dutcie so maybe I'm wrong in my understaning about the cranky of a typo vs flat out the wrong one. ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You think Unfurl tried to help a new teammate out?
I doubt it tbh. It's not wasting the power if it's only usable today. I'm still checking to see who would have been lynched though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

unfurl may have helped herself out? At that time, she couldn't know how the day would flesh out, right? I think trying to tie the time so narrowly is a risky guess, anyway. Lots to ponder, little to truly gleam.
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:
S~V~S wrote::haha:

Linki @Typh, not Tuph.
I'm pretty sure that you are ok with tuph. It wasn't Tranq. That said, Typh is your dutcie so maybe I'm wrong in my understaning about the cranky of a typo vs flat out the wrong one. ;)
We're claiming dutchies? I think I already claimed mine and I dare you to try and take them... I mean him :dark:
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 1)

Post by Long Con »

Thank you, Timmer!

I just want to give you folks some idea of what to expect from host posts, and when. I frequently work in the evenings until between 10 and 11pm, EST. So, for most Lynch and Night Posts, I'll be coming home from work and diving right into writing. Today, both BR and I were working, so we were unable to be prepared for a prompt posting... with the early End of Day, we had to scour the posts and figure out who had what votes before 5:46 EST.

I understand that waiting on a host to post for several hours can drive players crazy... probably moreso toward the end of the game, but generally anytime. I hope that you can all grant your hardworking hosts some patience. I do my best to write up posts that have some level of quality, even though some of our players are teachers and English Majors and real intelligent kinda folks who probably scoff at my clichés and general hackishness... but it does take me a little extra time sometimes to get the job done.

I promise to do my very best to produce posts within a reasonable timeframe. Expect the transition point between phases to remain roughly between 10 and midnight EST... and it's ok to go to bed and see the results in the morning. I don't want to be responsible for someone staying up extra hours and pulling their hair out waiting for me to be satisfied with the post i'm writing.

We got through Day 1. Personally, I could not keep up with the thread. I don't even know what BWT did to end up with so many votes!

Good luck tonight, and sorry to any who die!
Creeping Death
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Argh I can't read through that many pages right now. Just going to comment for now on the recent happenings since I'm just sitting around twiddling my thumbs til I'm out of here.

So we've got a no lynch of some sort, and since there is no poll history posted, we're just guesstimating until that happens (unless someone was keeping track. I'm not even sure who would have been lynched lol)

barring the chance that Caelia used her lynch pardon (which would would be stupid af on Day 1 UNLESS the guilty party was her recruit. And actually, I'm not sure how the lynch pardon works in conjunction with ending the day early. If she decides to end early after the voting period ends, does it still count?

Some options that the guilty party could be:
Ubzargan the Ruthless - Warriors of the Shadows
Immune to NK/Lynch

Jilted Lover--Childre n of Serenity
Can't die as long as ?? is alive

Shield Spinner--Guardian clan
Immune to all kills

Any Guardian, for that matter, due to Terras-- Guardian, who protects all guardians today.

I don't know what "blowing the votes" means for the Windscout role.

linki- I don't know what BWT is, but I look forward to readinf your lore posts when I have some time to myself, LC!

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

We'll be sharing the poll soon. Just got it get it done... although this poll will not help you out.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The hosts specifically said the day "ended early". Only one role seems to fit that declaration, imo.
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Black Rock wrote:We'll be sharing the poll soon. Just got it get it done... although this poll will not help you out.
Interesting. I would expect that order would help me out. Unless there's some shenanigans in votes (like that plus 3 minus 3 votes dude). I feel like we'd still get some info..

and timmer, I'm not sure I follow who you're respinding to. Obviously Supreme Judge ended the day early. I'm talking about whoever was the biggest vote-getter today.

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, good point! I was thinking that ending the day early somehow triggered the lack of a lynchee, but you're right, there still should have been a lynch, so absolutely, a second role was at work. Hmm...
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I'm not really comfortable voting anyone honestly.
And if the vote stays this close, vote manips will have a field day in fucking up the lynch result... so Caelia's lynch pardon might not be a bad idea.
I'd rather kill a neutral than end the day in a no lynch. We'd learn nothing.
Who do you concider "neutral" - by my count that's MOST of us at this point.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Please explain it to me.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

OK, read back a little further. I see that Birdswithteeth = BWT. Ho ho, Ima gerd reedur. :keys:

How many votes did he end up with? Was it a close vote at 5:46p?

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Posting from airport...my last weekend traveling before a one week break from it! Haha

I have been mostly following, just haven't had time to post. I only skipped 10 pages, I swear. And apparently they were full of DHs poop anyway.

I think voting low posters on D1 is ludicrous. DF could be really excited for this game and just had one long shift at work and then needed to sleep, and he could've missed basically all of today. I think people are basically giving up on getting a baddie because there are just 2, so they're playing for self preservation and feel least guilty about voting a low poster because they seem less interested in playing. I think that stinks.

I'm voting timmer. He and MP were suggesting we play the game in a way that pretty much guarantees cob defeat IMO. And plenty of baddies have tried to use odd setups as reasons to convince Cubs to work with them. I actually think MP was more militant about it, but I believe that his real life concerns are real, and timmer was all for an "everyone is LMS" game.

OMG STOP. I clicked submit 3 times without even reading the Linki and it won't go thru. *sobs*

Linki. Listen to JJJ. He's not stupid. If we get a baddie with DF, it'll be blind chance. Use actual suspicion. I know some people don't feel hopeful about getting a baddies, but we have to try. Nipping the baddie recruitment in the bud is by far the easiest way to win here.
I'm pretty sure that if we lynched a recruiter role, the recruiting would pass down to *someone.*

I'm lie a millointy11 positive that our hosts have contingiqncy plans for that excact scenario. I'm not saying your goal isn't noble, I'm just saying that achiving it, doesn't mean that baddie team is likely to die.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ebwop - lie = like - omg that was the suck typing.

Return to “Previous Jobs”