Meanwhile...(Host/Non-Player)
57%

Total votes: 7
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 2}

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Omg are you serious right now? Please read back. This has been explained at least 4 times.
What has been explained?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:
Kate wrote:Omg are you serious right now? Please read back. This has been explained at least 4 times.
What has been explained?
Why Ben did not have a vote on him and why the lynch did not result in a tie.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
What has been explained?
Why Ben did not have a vote on him and why the lynch did not result in a tie.
Everyone had a vote.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: Everyone had a vote.
Well, everyone was voted for, but Ben would have moved a vote off of himself onto someone else to ensure he wasn't randomly lynched.

I think you both understand that, and are arguing because of different phrasing though.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

But as Nev pointed out, whether Ben had a vote on him is moot, right? He didn't NK which means he can't have been recruited yet.

Leaning SVS for my vote right now. I'm not sure yet whether I should believe her about her vote, and it can't hurt to have one vote on her in case it blocks a kill.

Oh, and Roxy, I wasn't saying we should stop spreading votes entirely after tonight. I simply meant that later on, if BOB has a minion pool of 4 or 5, trying to leave only 2 uncovered could make it very easy for them to orchestrate a civ lynch. Maybe they wouldn't dare because they'd still be exposing themselves, but I think it bears keeping in mind that going too far to either extreme (complete spread vs unanimous lynch) has inherent danger.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: Everyone had a vote.
Well, everyone was voted for, but Ben would have moved a vote off of himself onto someone else to ensure he wasn't randomly lynched.
Well of course I understand that. It is obvious. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Llama, I'll be happy to have the alibi if you do vote me so that's fine. I actually think it's inconvenient to forget such easily verifiable facts though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:Llama, I'll be happy to have the alibi if you do vote me so that's fine. I actually think it's inconvenient to forget such easily verifiable facts though.
Even if you have that vote alibi there is nothing to say one won't be recruited the next day or that Ben will remove the vote. It's tricky. It's devious.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Llama, I'll be happy to have the alibi if you do vote me so that's fine. I actually think it's inconvenient to forget such easily verifiable facts though.
Even if you have that vote alibi there is nothing to say one won't be recruited the next day or that Ben will remove the vote. It's tricky. It's devious.
That's fair. I can't promise I won't be recruited tomorrow, any more than anyone else can. I can promise I'm not Ben and that I have no reason to expect he would remove a vote from me instead of himself.

Tricky and devious it's not. Was it llama or Roxy who said everyone here is looking for a good reason not to be lynched, and that thus everyone should want one vote?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
That's fair. I can't promise I won't be recruited tomorrow, any more than anyone else can. I can promise I'm not Ben and that I have no reason to expect he would remove a vote from me instead of himself.

Tricky and devious it's not. Was it llama or Roxy who said everyone here is looking for a good reason not to be lynched, and that thus everyone should want one vote?
I wasn't saying you are tricky and devious. I was saying the game is. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote: I wasn't saying you are tricky and devious. I was saying the game is. :)
Amen to that!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Was there a visible waiting list? The speed with which BF got replaced might suggest that he had a pivotal role, and that he worked out a replacement with the host before leaving.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:Was there a visible waiting list? The speed with which BF got replaced might suggest that he had a pivotal role, and that he worked out a replacement with the host before leaving.
Russ and Roxy were signed up as replacements in the sign up thread.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

I wasn't saying you are tricky and devious. I was saying the game is. :)
Hahaha true dat
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:
Nevinera wrote:Was there a visible waiting list? The speed with which BF got replaced might suggest that he had a pivotal role, and that he worked out a replacement with the host before leaving.
Damn, never mind then :-)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:
Kate wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I agree. What do you think we should do today?
Well at the very least we seem to have agreed on a few who don't need votes who are the top siuspects tho? Bwt?
BWT is one of the few people i feel are somewhat trustworthy. why BWT?

I am more intrigued with Blindfaeth. He strikes me (and apparently Lucy) as being a bit suspish.
Why do you think BWT is somewhat trustworthy? Who are the other people you think are somewhat trustworthy?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
You mean Roxy and Mata?

Russ was an original player, iirc.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I'm a little confused about Bob. Does he recruit at night or in the day? Does he do "nothing" at night?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You mean Roxy and Mata?

Russ signed up as a replacement and stated that he would join if we got enough players but one. Matahari did not vote "replacement" in the sign up poll. I was just going by the poll.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:I'm a little confused about Bob. Does he recruit at night or in the day? Does he do "nothing" at night?
Based on a strict reading of the role, he seems to do nothing at night and recruit during the day.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

OK, I have to vote now. I'm voting Nevin.

He's my best guess as to who bob is and I find him most suspicious.

*votes Nev*
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You mean Roxy and Mata?

Russ signed up as a replacement and stated that he would join if we got enough players but one. Matahari did not vote "replacement" in the sign up poll. I was just going by the poll.
That's right. I signed up as a replacement but was in the game from the beginning due to only 11 players having signed up.

I have to vote now, as I'll be busy this evening. Going to vote S~V~S because her vote pinged me and in order to spread the votes more.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to go ahead and vote too. My best guess is Russ at this point, although he has done an admirable job of playing it cool in the face of my suspicion.

*votes Russ*

linki: russ

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well, before I get lynched for being too active, I'll say I have some confidence that llama and snow dog aren't Bob.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:Well, before I get lynched for being too active, I'll say I have some confidence that llama and snow dog aren't Bob.
Thank you! You are quite right. (about me anyway, I can't speak for Snow Dog.)

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:Well, before I get lynched for being too active, I'll say I have some confidence that llama and snow dog aren't Bob.
Wow info dumping cool... so lets see if you are lying or not.

did you find this out through your night actions?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Kate wrote: Wow info dumping cool... so lets see if you are lying or not.
I don't think I'm allowed to answer this question.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I have a .. gut feeling?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry for the early vote! I thought it was a regular 24 hour poll like most speed mafia games. If I had just read the title above the poll a bit more clearly, I would have caught on. Son of a... :WTF:

Catching up now that I've done so with my other game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:
The way I see it, there are three (white) roles that could have given him that info, assuming he's not lying.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
The way I see it, there are three (white) roles that could have given him that info, assuming he's not lying.
'
I strongly suggest you do not assume he is not lying.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:I have a .. gut feeling?
You're gut serves you well! :daisy:

Does your gut tell you who is Bob?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:
So you are picky about what you will and will not info dump?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I have a .. gut feeling?
You're gut serves you well! :daisy:

Does your gut tell you who is Bob?
Or his original PM tells him. Either way you look at it. Same difference.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I've been meaning to ask for ages..what exactly is info dumping?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:I've been meaning to ask for ages..what exactly is info dumping?
It's taking info that you get from your night power (or in this case that you claim you got from your night power) and just saying it in the thread.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

It seems likely that revealing information that would logically imply that I have a specific role would violate the rules.
I don't want to ruin the game, so I can't give anything more descriptive than than that. (If I've already gone too far, I really apologize - I figured that if I stuck to vagueness and negatives it would be alright).

Is Kate normally this aggressive? She's leaning *really* hard, and targeting me pretty exclusively on the strength of a 'ping'.
If that's normal, then I guess that doesn't give any new information, but her commitment to a nearly arbitrary target doesn't scream 'civ' at me.

I'd also like to point out that I've been throwing around solid tactical plans and ideas (several of you agree) which would seem somewhat counterproductive if I were actually bad. Obviously I could be trying to hide my tracks by throwing out plans, so that can't exonerate me entirely, but it ought to be evidence in my favor.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Matahari »

wow, this game has a very cutthroat feel to it. Its gettin ruff up in hera-

first, I have a busy afternoon, is the vote today or tomorrow? i read that the poll was wrong or some such-

also shouldnt we stick to the vote plan Roxy was advocating? and for the record, I dont care if you guys leave me with/without votes, it doesnt matter, really, because I'm not bad. Yet :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matahari wrote:wow, this game has a very cutthroat feel to it. Its gettin ruff up in hera-

first, I have a busy afternoon, is the vote today or tomorrow? i read that the poll was wrong or some such-

also shouldnt we stick to the vote plan Roxy was advocating? and for the record, I dont care if you guys leave me with/without votes, it doesnt matter, really, because I'm not bad. Yet :feb:
The vote ends today at 3:30 eastern time.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry everyone! I'm still catching up but have to leave for a bit. I will try to be back before the vote ends so I can post my thoughts and finish catching up.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:It seems likely that revealing information that would logically imply that I have a specific role would violate the rules.
I don't want to ruin the game, so I can't give anything more descriptive than than that. (If I've already gone too far, I really apologize - I figured that if I stuck to vagueness and negatives it would be alright).

Is Kate normally this aggressive? She's leaning *really* hard, and targeting me pretty exclusively on the strength of a 'ping'.
If that's normal, then I guess that doesn't give any new information, but her commitment to a nearly arbitrary target doesn't scream 'civ' at me.

I'd also like to point out that I've been throwing around solid tactical plans and ideas (several of you agree) which would seem somewhat counterproductive if I were actually bad. Obviously I could be trying to hide my tracks by throwing out plans, so that can't exonerate me entirely, but it ought to be evidence in my favor.
It may have been a "ping" until this morning, now let's use your term. Let's call it "gut."
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:wow, this game has a very cutthroat feel to it. Its gettin ruff up in hera-

The vote is today, and yes we should stick to the plan. At least one more person should vote Nev and then we should spread the rest of the votes.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is kind of a big gambit by Kate. Nevinera has hinted that he may be one of three civ roles. If he gets lynched and flips any of those roles, Kate will surely be in the spotlight tomorrow. Interesting.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

EBWOP: I meant if he flips one of those roles and is NOT a recruit.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Don't you find it at all interesting/suspicious/lucky that two people he claims he can clear were you and llama, the only two other people who were currently in the forum and actively talking?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

This ^^

Off to finish catch up

So far I have not seen anything overly suspish about Nevin, and still don't. Next time, though try o make up a case, K? You know all that illogical Mafia terminology you find irksome? Qite a bit of it is people with some sort of knowlege trying to get it into the thread and maintain sportsmanship & fair play with the context of the game.

Its a common noob error,

And I would not call Kate "aggressive", I would call her persistent and relentless.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:
Kate wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

This ^^

Off to finish catch up

So far I have not seen anything overly suspish about Nevin, and still don't. Next time, though try o make up a case, K? You know all that illogical Mafia terminology you find irksome? Qite a bit of it is people with some sort of knowlege trying to get it into the thread and maintain sportsmanship & fair play with the context of the game.

Its a common noob error,

And I would not call Kate "aggressive", I would call her persistent and relentless.
And not always, but in this case, right.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:Don't you find it at all interesting/suspicious/lucky that two people he claims he can clear were you and llama, the only two other people who were currently in the forum and actively talking?
That is an interesting point that I hadn't thought of.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

llama, why dont you tell me what you are thinking? what roles do you think he could be hinting?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:llama, why dont you tell me what you are thinking? what roles do you think he could be hinting?
I think he could be hinting Harry Truman, who can find out what people did last night, Donna, who searches for Bobby but would know if she found BOB, and Maddy, who has a similar power to Donna. I think it might be Donna since he voted to question her on Day 1.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”