Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lets see some lynch fuckery.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Lets see some lynch fuckery.
Fuck you SuperLynchBoy.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Lets see some lynch fuckery.
#savethebubbles
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

12 hour work day. Just finished catching up. Although my brain is somewhat mush, so I'm not sure how much I actually comprehended.

I continue to suspect Rico, but have had neither physical or mental energy, or time, to go through back posts and explain my thoughts again.

And I also continue to suspect TH, even if I haven't mentioned it as much. But, yes, JJJ, I agree with you on him.

Responding to the vote on me:
Boomslang wrote:Looked over the Lorab-Rico thing myself, just because it seems to have been a dominant aspect of the past day. It's important to note that Lorab started it, rather abruptly and with little previous reference to Rico; I feel like she was looking to pick a fight after her previous work against TH didn't go much of anywhere. Rico's defense against the initial attack seems rather annoyed, but not dismissive, and he makes good counterarguments. What strikes me is how quickly the conversation devolves into mutual attacks on playstyle. To me, this suggests Lorab recognizes a good defense but doesn't want to let up, and that Rico doesn't really suspect Lorab but wants to stick up for himself.

On the whole, I think Lorab comes out worse from this argument, and I get generally good vibes from Rico.
I didn't refer to him before that because I didn't really suspect him until then. And yes, I started it--I suspected him so I pointed it out. He came back at me and said that all of my points were ridiculous and impossible, and it went from there. And I read it as dismissive--annoyed, also, yes. But annoyed that someone would even make the points I was making. I also recognize now that he truly did not understand the point I was trying to make. I still need to figure out how to explain it diffrently.

And yes, he gave a good defense--baddies frequently do that, oftentimes even more than civies. A defense, to me, often tells me how well someone defends themselves, regardless of what side they are on. The tone of defense and the style of it, to me, say far more.

Not at all sure how any of that makes me suspicious, but that is my side of the actions.
Boomslang wrote:Out of class/work, need to cook/go to band practice. I'm not jumping on the Bubbles bandwagon because I haven't studied the case, so I'm putting in a protest vote for Lorab based on my previous analysis of the Rico/Lorab shooting match.
Eye me all you want. Twirl, twirl. Etc.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I still think BWT is fishy, specifically his "Go civs!" post before his non-lynch, but I'm backburnering that because I agree with the suspicion on Bass. I'm seeing a few things that I associate with his baddie game, there was one post in particular where he answered some suspicion on him and then turned it around into a question for (I think) Golden. I think that sort of pivot play is straight out of Bass' baddie repertoire.
This is a very specific meta read on Bass. It might have been valid insight, I don't know Bass well enough to say. I'd appreciate it though if TH could try to recall some specific example of Bass "answering suspicion and turning it around into a question" in a past game as a baddie.
It's a technique I've seen him use before. If you are really interested I'll try to hunt down specific instances, but it's not really relevant anymore, I was wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I suddenly feel like I should be paying more attention to Jay :ponder:
This may have just been in response to my prior post when I joked that people "paying attention" might notice that some accusations of Golden could also apply to me. TH can clarify though: did this represent a true moment in which your suspicion of me began to develop? I ask for my own sake, this isn't really relevant to the overall progression of this ISO.
No.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.
[no Bass posts or posts on Bass (from anyone, that is) in between]
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for Bass.
Please explain.
I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
This seems a little obtuse. I mean no offense, TH, indeed you strike me as a very intelligent person. That's why this looks like playing dumb to me -- the reasons Ricochet might have viewed TH's Bass vote with suspicion were pretty self-explanatory (as he explained in the following quote pyramid). Ricochet even stated "the problem" in his accusation. Whether his suspicion was accurate can be debated, but I don't struggle to believe TH really didn't grasp why it was viewed with suspicion.
I still don't see the problem here. I suspected Bass and didn't suspect Golden. Asking me to lay that out even more explicitly is fine, I guess, but I haven't been saying things this game simply for everyone else's benefit, I say things when I feel the need to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
Bandwagoning.
Flip-flopping.
Voting in contradiction your last read/viewpoint on the player you voted for.
Also: I didn't notice before Scotty bringing this up as well, and I agree with him that you also made some stronger remarks about rey only to never pick it up again, come vote time.

These would be the problems I can enumerate off the top of my head right now.
Why is bandwagonning a problem? If I had voted elsewhere, I'm sure someone would cite me "wasting my vote" as a problem, too.

Why is flip-flopping a problem? Is it a baddie thing to do?

I don't feel like my vote is in contradiction to my viewpoint. Yes Bass sounded sincere to me in his final moments, as players often do. I'm sorry that I wasn't sure about him. I said I wasn't feeling a Golden vote, and he was the only other realistic option at that point.

I brought rey up for the first time about 20 minutes before Day 2 ended. It's not even Day 3 yet.
The same conversation continues here.

Yellow = TH makes it clear that he was conscious of how his vote might reflect on him and that he cared about that to some degree. That's not a great look.

Orange = Another question that strikes me as obtuse. While a flip-flop isn't an immediate indicator of obvious baddieness, it is valid cause for suspicion. This seems disingenuous to me.

Green = He's technically right that Bass was the most viable counterwagon to Golden, and that he had expressed more suspicion of Bass than Golden. I think this is the right answer to Ricochet's accusation, but I don't know why TH felt the need to include all of the other stuff. Just say this. Why even ask whether flip-flopping is bad? Why even ask whether bandwagoning is a problem? This looks like overworked defense to me.
I asked those questions because I wanted to see Rico's answers (I don't believe he ever supplied them). I don't view bandwagonning or flip-flopping as indicators of baddie behavior - Rico apparently does. I don't think there's much incentive for baddies to employ these techniques, in fact I view flip-flopping as an inherently civvie trait.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:For my part - and I can only speak for my interactions with him, because I haven't looked at full thread context - it feels like Scotty is willfully exaggerating events in order to further his viewpoint. Maybe that's just how Scotty baddie-hunts, but it's a thing I noticed.
I'm a little bugged when TH asserts some cause for suspicion, even if minor, without referencing an example of some sort. This is just a statement in a vacuum, TH has left everyone else to figure out what he means.
My purpose wasn't to convey suspicion. It was an observation. I did notice Scotty stopped doing this after I mentioned it. If you read my interactions with Scotty you'd know I don't need to reference it; it's right there in my previous posts re: him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
LoRab wrote: Allow me to clarify: I think he is neutral. I think he is playing an anti-civ game. Therefore, I don't think his being alive is good for the civs.
Wouldn't it be better to try to find the baddies and lynch them than to focus on people you think are neutral?
This.

As someone else already pointed out, lynching neutrals only helps the baddies.

A quite unneutral thing for LoRab to say :ponder:

(Wait, did I just agree with something that llama said in a mafia game? :eek: )

linki: Will contemplate.
I think this is an important post. TH chastises another player for an move that he feels is pro-baddie. That means TH has distinctly taken the side of the neutrals/civs against the baddies in public discourse, and by my measure absolved himself of the excuses that can easily be applied to DH -- that he is deliberately doing less than he could be doing because of his probable neutrality. That he has adopted an anti-baddie mindset should imply that his effort will reflect that mindset.
LoRab proclaimed herself as pro-civ. I was pointing out that her behavior was not.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:If you think that, then why didn't you say something earlier?
Because I didn't think of it again until I was posting about your post a couple of hours ago.

why are you so threatened by one vote?
You didn't think of it "again"? As in, you had thought on Day 0 that my stance was nefarious, but you pocketed that thought until now?

I'm not threatened by your vote, I just want to understand it.

Because currently I think you were just looking for any reason to vote for me.
I think it's pretty clear what LoRab meant by "again", and it wasn't that. :suspish:
Okay. :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Roxy wrote:Lorab - your turn on Golden seemed like you wanted to get in on the Golden lynch wagon and you found your own reasoning (which you know I respect) and went with it. And I was ok with it until I read your responses to others about your vote where you reinforce your suspicions all the way through your post then in linkitis you see the post that Golden made asking you to reconsider voting for him today until he had more time and with a snap of your typing fingers you say you will take action as soon as you know where to put your vote. And that just felt like a real :huh: moment for me. Do you not trust your own suspicion or is it something else?
Exactly this. And LoRab can try to turn the tables on me all she wants, but she's the one who just said this about Golden (emphasis mine):
LoRab wrote:Allow me to clarify: I think he is neutral. I think he is playing an anti-civ game. Therefore, I don't think his being alive is good for the civs.
And this about herself:
LoRab wrote:And yes, I am neutral--like the vast majority of players. But I'm trying to play civ-friendly.
But what she says is not true. Lynching neutrals ONLY helps the baddies. If Golden is neutral like LoRab says she thinks he is, then he could still just as easily be recruited by the civs, and he would HAVE to play a pro-civ game. Voting for this reason is a fallacious argument. Lynching neutrals only gives the baddies more time. LoRab is saying she's playing a civ-friendly neutral game, but her vote for Golden doesn't reinforce that stance.

I think maybe LoRab eventually realized this, because after being called out on it by a few players (including myself), she quickly tried to move her vote elsewhere.
This is a bit awkward. "Exactly this" implies TH is stating his full agreement with what Roxy had said, but in truth their points weren't the same. I'll express them to the best of my own interpretation (they can both pipe in if I do a poor job of interpreting):

Roxy's point = it wasn't necessarily suspicious that LoRab was involved with the anti-Golden movement. it was suspicious that she moved her vote away from Golden when Golden asked her to.

TH's point = it was suspicious that LoRab was involved with the anti-Golden movement because it conflicted with her claimed pro-civilian neutral approach. It was also suspicious that she moved her vote away from Golden when Golden asked her to.

These two seemed to arrive upon their individual misigivings about LoRab in different ways, but TH's language implies otherwise. #nitpickpolice

The implication here if TH is bad is that he was latching onto the anti-LoRab movement via Roxy (perhaps a trend since he has joined Roxy against me as well) so as to share accountability instead of shoulder accountability.
I think the word "And" implies that I was adding onto the point that Roxy was making; no need to reword what she said if I agreed with it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I thought that BWT not accounting for Azura forcing votes in Pos. 5, in the context of assessing MP's vote for Golden, felt like a potential slipup if he knew Azura had targeted players other than MP.

As in "Well hmmm, I know I didn't force MP's vote, and I don't see any other vote forcers, so that can't be it."
This is a bit of a reach. BWT could have easily just overlooked a relevant role since there are about 12,000 of them to keep track of.
I have vocally entertained this possibility.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Have JJJ and MovingPictures ever had BTSC before?
This is at least some evidence that TH had something specific in mind about me as his claimed suspicion began brewing. I don't know what it was though. What the relevance of this question, TH?
I was wondering if one of you would be inclined to recruit the other.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
aapje wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I switched my vote.
Weird post by TH, not even specifying to whom or why he switched his vote.
I voted for Jay, and I did it for science. I'll vote for him again though, I think he's been recruited.
*prolonged fart noise*

Suspecting me of being recruited is fine. I don't really view Roxy with suspicion given her repeated insistence of that. I would expect TH to try a little harder than this though -- at least present some kind of information from my post history that gives him this perspective. I've prodded him repeatedly to give me something, but so far that hasn't turned up very much.
The reason I haven't indulged those requests is because it hasn't seemed necessary. You are the only one prodding me for an explanation, but there's not much incentive for me to list out what I think are your tells at this time, you will of course just argue that I'm wrong about you. And right now no one's looking to lynch you. That in itself might tell me something about you. At this point I'm fine just pushing your buttons and seeing what happens. It doesn't mean I don't have reasons for feeling the way I do. And I understand why you would want to see my reasoning regardless of your alignment. But again I don't think I gain much by engaging in it, while you do; I just want to continue observing how you behave without interfering.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Let's recall that earlier TH had espoused an anti-baddie strategy in his criticism of LoRab. That means we can rightfully expect meaningful anti-baddie effort from Turnip himself. I expect better effort than this.
I haven't proclaimed the same things about myself as LoRab has about herself, which is what I was highlighting in my dealings with her. However, I'll say that as the game goes on I've found myself wanting to solve the game, which does conflict with my need to remain neutral.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:My opinion of JJJ is that he's emulating his civilian game but not quite hitting his mark. That suggests guilt to me. This is based on an admittedly small sample size so I'm treating it more like a hunch than anything else. A lot of what Roxy has been saying about JJJ has been making sense to me lately, when I read their conversations I see her side more than his. I started feeling this way around Day 3ish, which makes me think he may have been recently recruited.

I've felt better about him toDay so far, but not much better.
TH expanded some on his suspicion of me, asserting that I am falling short of emulating my civilian game. It's important to me that he provide an example of something in my posts that gives him this impression, especially because of his own admission that his knowledge of my game is based on a small sample. I genuinely have no idea why TH would feel this way, and he isn't helping me to understand despite my repeated requests. He's also appealing to Roxy's case again, sharing accountability for his read on me with her instead of taking personal responsibility -- even though her read on me doesn't even seem that meta-based. She has cited specific beefs that she has with my content in this game.
I can do this, there's just not much incentive to do so. I think you've been recruited, and I have reasons to think that, but not much reason to argue my point of view.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If you perceive me to be mimicking it inadequately, then I need to see what inspired that perception.
Why?
I perceive obtuseness again.
Not obtuseness. Think of it more like Plato's dialogues. I'm pushing to see what happens.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll review/address your responses tomorrow, TH. After this flip I'm off to bed. Thanks for the effort though.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 4)

Post by Long Con »

Tranq wrote:@ Hosts: Can we get a screencap of the Night 4 poll results?

DrWilgy wrote:@HOSTS When Ubzargan does the lynch switch, how many players does he target?
He targets one player, the one he wants to switch the lynch to.

Lynch post about to be written, I'll try to make it quick!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DH, if you could describe your desire to lynch S~V~S with one word, what would it be?

I mean the magnitude of your emotion. How strong is your desire?
I have two answers, but the one I'll use is Indomitable
It sounds like you might be starved for an S~V~S lynch.

I'm not so inclined at the moment.
so um...that was a really nice catch. maybe it is so maybe not I'm pretty sure dh isn't allowed to confirm it.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I already debunked that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wait... Can't we just get everyone to say, "I'm afflicted by Hunger?" to find out who it is?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bea wrote:so um...that was a really nice catch. maybe it is so maybe not I'm pretty sure dh isn't allowed to confirm it.
Thanks! But if I caught something it was by accident. :p
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bea wrote:so um...that was a really nice catch. maybe it is so maybe not I'm pretty sure dh isn't allowed to confirm it.
Am I in a soundproof bubble?

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote:Am I in a soundproof bubble?
I hear u brah. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Am I in a soundproof bubble?
What? :haha:
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Open question about S~V~S for those who've played with her often:

Her tunnel vision on Golden was well-documented. Most people didn't seem perturbed by that, and my inclination as an observer without meta was to not be perturbed. However, it should be noted that her case against Golden seemed to be reduced entirely to a single post (in which Golden claimed to have baited the Epi kill).

Golden fought and fought to explain his maneuver and his perspective, but S~V~S never got over that post. Would you folks say that tunnel vision of such a focused sort is normal of S~V~S? Because that is a special sort of tunneling -- instead of hating everything Golden posted, she hated one thing he posted. Enough to drive him over 300 posts defending himself to no avail.
YUP. That's svs with a bone. I've been on the bad end of it too. She was usually wrong, but still it's the way she is. Her behavior here was not at all unexpected from me.

Also - the DH case now that we have it - going after svs is not suprising in hindsight. And nor is her reaction to it.

I"d hoped that DH saw something we didn't see. His case, I'm sorry DH - feels like going after the easy target. especially given that there is a history. It's like how I wasn't suprised that Dom latched onto MP at all.

I know I missed the vote again. Please hosts punish me. I feel so bad about it. I really really do.

You guys I suck this game :(
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks everyone who offered responses to that S~V~S question. I'll assess her at face value moving forward. I haven't suspected her much at all really, but she warrants a reassessment this deep into the game. Maybe later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
Aw bea, at least you are still alive. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bea seems like a literal cool cat. let's keep her around. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5 Lynch)

Post by Long Con »

Wisdom and Zeal

Caelia and Ahriman stood atop a high balcony, overlooking the city.

"I have agreed to meet you tonight," said Caelia, her gaze set on the distant lights of many campfires, "Because you are one of the only people that I know I can trust. Outside of my inner circle, that is." She turned to face him, her eyes glistening. "Though that circle has grown smaller."

Ahriman bowed his head in sympathy. "My condolences for your loss, Caelia. I have come tonight because, although the death toll is rising, we still have not gotten any closer to a resolution. Several have been executed on the grounds that they colluded with the encroaching forces, only to later find that they had not."

"That is why you and your Order must join forces with the Children of Serenity! Your wisdom combined with our commitment to the well-being of this realm's people could lead to our victory!" Caelia clenched a fist.

"Of course, the Brotherhood's wisdom is at the disposal of all who seek it with a pure heart." Ahriman reassured her. "The wisdom of our monks within the courtrooms could at least save the lives of some-"

"We - I - need more than that," Caelia interjected. "If you would swear allegiance to me, as the Luminarch, then I could be a symbol for these people. Maybe more than a symbol!" Her eyes flashed with a fiery zeal. Ahriman paused in contemplation, regarding Caelia.

Just then a messenger appeared in the doorway behind them. "Please excuse the interruption, but you said you wanted to be informed immediately if... well, TinyBubbles was executed today, and we have found a definite connection to Ubzargan's spy network!"

Caelia turned to Ahriman in excitement. "You see? This is a sign!"

Ahriman stared in thought for a moment, and then bowed deeply. "Please excuse me, Caelia, I must meditate on this further."

Caelia frowned slightly as he exited, noting the obvious implication of using her name, and not the title of Luminarch.

TinyBubbles has been lynched. She was the Keeper of Order, and was recruited by Team Ubzargan.

It is now Night 5. Please vote for the next Position.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I am so sorry. The power to my store came up literally 30 minutes before poll closing time. I am the boss of that store I HAD to direct my crew to what needed to get gone tonight so we can be open tomorrow. I had to deal with trying to figure out when we are geting our cold food delivery and make plans for it not being there first thing in the am to be open for business. Those needs HAD to take precitdent to the game. I am SO SO SO SORRY. :(

LINKIE - omfg!!! I was right about tinybubbles111???!!!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Consider that Bubble bursted.

*dodges tomatoes*

Good job, y'all. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 5 Lynch Poll)

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:@Wilgy, I'm not sure I agree with your stance on unfurl/Bubbles. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but that you are tuned in too heavily on one possibility.

Looking back, we were in position 2, so yes, Ubzargan had a lynch switch to use. So yes, it seems likely that he caused unfurl's death. But it's to what END where I am not sure you are right.
But Timmer, I'm never wrong.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 5)

Post by Marmot »

:beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Neato fresh.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Open question about S~V~S for those who've played with her often:

Her tunnel vision on Golden was well-documented. Most people didn't seem perturbed by that, and my inclination as an observer without meta was to not be perturbed. However, it should be noted that her case against Golden seemed to be reduced entirely to a single post (in which Golden claimed to have baited the Epi kill).

Golden fought and fought to explain his maneuver and his perspective, but S~V~S never got over that post. Would you folks say that tunnel vision of such a focused sort is normal of S~V~S? Because that is a special sort of tunneling -- instead of hating everything Golden posted, she hated one thing he posted. Enough to drive him over 300 posts defending himself to no avail.
YUP. That's svs with a bone. I've been on the bad end of it too. She was usually wrong, but still it's the way she is. Her behavior here was not at all unexpected from me.

Also - the DH case now that we have it - going after svs is not suprising in hindsight. And nor is her reaction to it.

I"d hoped that DH saw something we didn't see. His case, I'm sorry DH - feels like going after the easy target. especially given that there is a history. It's like how I wasn't suprised that Dom latched onto MP at all.

I know I missed the vote again. Please hosts punish me. I feel so bad about it. I really really do.

I may be the only mafia player in the world who understands that this isn't high school.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

Night will end at 11 pm EST.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:
bea wrote:

I may be the only mafia player in the world who understands that this isn't high school.
Oh god, I hated high school.
ImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Bubbles »

lol fun game guys. thanks Black Rock and Long Con for hosting :)
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Roxy wrote:DP - was very disappointed that he cba,ed to respond to me. I understand why he is getting the votes he has so far.
Sorry, forgot. It'd take some effort for me to come up with 3. But...

TinyBubbles because her posts just feel bad to me.

DH because he hasn't read like himself, and I didn't like the whole situation with Scotty.

Not totally sure who I'd place at #3.
What about Bubbles posts rubs you the wrong way? Gimme those deets, Porucpine.
Sorry, too late. :p She didn't seem genuine.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:

Aw bea, at least you are still alive. :hugs:
tbh - I think that's mostly pity. I'm ok with that btw. but my survival hasnt been because I've been playing awesomely and anyone who would say so is a fucking lier

linkie - dh -how so? while I may not agree with your reasons for thinking svs is bad where did I ever say I was solid she was good?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna go back to not playing now before I get more upset.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:

I don't care about history, thats all. I saw something suspicious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anybody got any clue who might be on TinyBubbles team? When do we think she was recruited?

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
timmer wrote:@Wilgy, I'm not sure I agree with your stance on unfurl/Bubbles. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but that you are tuned in too heavily on one possibility.

Looking back, we were in position 2, so yes, Ubzargan had a lynch switch to use. So yes, it seems likely that he caused unfurl's death. But it's to what END where I am not sure you are right.
http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/images ... s/orly.gif
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Goddammit
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

I forgot to announce that the recruitment challenge was over some time ago...
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Does Doc Wiggles look bad after this result?

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:Does Doc Wiggles look bad after this result?
I certainly would think so.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I get that and I've absolutely had no time to go look at page 1. I really just haven't dh.

I have a different thread reading style for reading svs and I'm not sure yet. That was the important bit you should have gotten.

I have no idea what anyone is taking about when rolls are concerned. It's one of the many reasons I've said - continually that I am a bad player this game. I was just typing up this response and had to stop to take a call from my store.

and now all of the linkie I thought I was responding to is like 10 posts before.

fuck. I just suck ok?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

No.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anybody got any clue who might be on TinyBubbles team? When do we think she was recruited?
my first thought is not anyone who defended her. her team IMO was the peeps who actively avoided commenting on her. Those of us gong after here obviously weren't trying to be happy teammates with her. I don't think her defenders were her teammates. I think they lay in the peeps in the middle

but what do I know?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No.
:ponder: Explain?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Bubbles »

btw i wasn't lying about being emotionally invested, gonna take some time away from mafia. good luck players :beer:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks everyone who offered responses to that S~V~S question. I'll assess her at face value moving forward. I haven't suspected her much at all really, but she warrants a reassessment this deep into the game. Maybe later.
svs dersrves watching all the time. Like I said, I didn't agree with DH's reasons for suspecting her. It doesn't mean I'm convinced she's a civ.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Bea, no one in this game sucks. Well, maybe DP. But not you.

Regarding Bubbles, I would look more towards the people supporting Bubbles earlier in the game than later on to truly find her teamies.
My siggie.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

timmer wrote:Bea, no one in this game sucks. Well, maybe DP. But not you.
...You forgot someone timmer.
Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DrWilgy wrote:
...You forgot someone timmer.
Oh God, we're not hopping on the Pity Train, are we?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Regarding Bubbles, I would look more towards the people supporting Bubbles earlier in the game than later on to truly find her teamies.
Earlier? You think Tiny was an early recruit? A Founding member?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”