BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Re: [DAY 1] Avant-Garde Mafia 2: The Ultimate Dimensional Ba

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

bea wrote: @ tricey....give me time...I'm sure there'll be some drunken mishap at some point in this game. :p

Aha! an admission that you could slip up later == there is something to slip up about == you are a confirmed baddie!

jk <3
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

Vomps was pretty quick to vote for himself, I think it may be a trick to hide something. Who knows what. Anywho, I know you did something voopy. *stern smile*
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by a2thezebra »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I do think that him breaking his approach to the challenge in defense seems to have made more people look at him, if anything. I'll also say that if he had stayed quiet I would have respected him more for actually sticking to his guns.
I find this at least a more reasonable argument than the self-voting ones, even though I did explain that I found myself in much more danger saying nothing than saying something.

As for vomps, yeah, he only made quite a few of your suspicions way worse for both him and me, which leaves me to believe that he's either a bad civvie or a good baddie. Right now he's on par with Kate in that sense, although I would be surprised if they're on the same team.

vomps
Kate

i
That list may grow in the next half hour. If it doesn't, I recommend civvies check back here once I'm lynched. I will however make it clear now that I don't have strong suspiciosns for most of the people that voted for me, I just see them as misguided. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I'm reluctant to vote for Kate this early because she literally always sounds like a baddie to me
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

The Truth wrote:Vomps was pretty quick to vote for himself, I think it may be a trick to hide something. Who knows what. Anywho, I know you did something voopy. *stern smile*
Yes, I was about to vote for him as well. I don't know what he's up to, but he seems to know. Silly Finnish wombat.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm reluctant to vote for Kate this early because she literally always sounds like a baddie to me
Lol. Thanks...I think :phew:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I'm sure I've made that mistake in at least a couple games
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Also, sorry about not being here more regularly. However, I'm now bookmarking this page so it will be harder to forget. Hopefully.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

We are getting closer and closer to vote time.

I am going to go with my aforementioned feeling and vote DharmaHelper, but only because I know a lynch will not result from it. Think of it as an "I'm watching yoooooooooou"
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Vompatti »

Leech wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I do think that him breaking his approach to the challenge in defense seems to have made more people look at him, if anything. I'll also say that if he had stayed quiet I would have respected him more for actually sticking to his guns.
I find this at least a more reasonable argument than the self-voting ones, even though I did explain that I found myself in much more danger saying nothing than saying something.

As for vomps, yeah, he only made quite a few of your suspicions way worse for both him and me, which leaves me to believe that he's either a bad civvie or a good baddie. Right now he's on par with Kate in that sense, although I would be surprised if they're on the same team.

vomps
Kate

i
That list may grow in the next half hour. If it doesn't, I recommend civvies check back here once I'm lynched. I will however make it clear now that I don't have strong suspiciosns for most of the people that voted for me, I just see them as misguided. ;)
I'm so sorry, I was only trying to help. :'(
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Very, very, doubtful, but if you really were, no hard feelings.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Omg k :)

Also, I wonder who the four(?) people are who haven't posted the three three-sentence posts yet and if they have any specific reason for not posting them. Perhaps we should be particularly suspicious about those four(?) people, whoever they may be! In fact it might be beneficial for everyone if someone browsed through the previous pages and found out who those four(?) people are.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm sure I've made that mistake in at least a couple games
Once at least I remember. And you were wrong lol
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

About 10 minutes and 2 people have not yet fulfilled the challenge, by the way.

triceratopzeuhl wrote:What other username(s) has Devin the Dolphin used? just wondering
Devin the Omniscient was Devin the Omniscient on PA and that is it. He's a friend and now co-worker of mine, FYI.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

MovingPictures07 wrote:About 10 minutes and 2 people have not yet fulfilled the challenge, by the way.

triceratopzeuhl wrote:What other username(s) has Devin the Dolphin used? just wondering
Devin the Omniscient was Devin the Omniscient on PA and that is it. He's a friend and now co-worker of mine, FYI.

Oh, strange I didn't remember the name
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by DFaraday »

Well, Vomp's self vote thickens the plot even more. I feel like there's some convoluted defense of Leech going on here, so I'm going to go ahed and *vote Leech*. How he comes back will give us an idea of Vomp's alignment.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1: Why Would a Leech Leech onto Himself?

The supposed Captain Spectacular pressed a button on his remote. A giant virtual screen instantaneously appeared out of nowhere and illuminated the wall in the dining area. "Well... Let's get started."

The discussion ensued. Accusations flew. When the first vote was cast, the screen notated the vote. It read: "Leech - Leech". The players looked at each other, confused. "Why would he vote for himself?" Vompatti rose the explanation, "Perhaps he benefits from a self-vote. Why else would he do it?" The discussion exploded after that until the players adequately felt they hammered out all relevant discussion.

What the players discovered was that when the final tally was recorded, some of their votes disappeared straight from the written text. More than a few quickly yelled in outrage, "Where did my vote go?!" When all was said and done, it appears there was an evident pattern to the players whose votes still remained on the board. "Say... what could all of this mean?" asked Boomslang. He looked carefully at the names. A light bulb went off. "All of those people are the ones who voted for the Earth portal! I knew something was up!" Seems he was right. Only those who had voted to venture through the portal they did venture had their votes remain on the tally. Other people for some reason decided not to exercise their right to vote. Regardless, all the votes spoke a clear picture, even now with such a small percentage remaining visible.

"Leech it is." The players advanced on Leech, but it didn't seem it was necessary. He made his counter-arguments, yet no one was listening to him. "I suppose it is the only way to truly show them," he thought. He would still defend his self-vote, even to his slaughter: "Even after my argument, NO ONE helped to explain to me what exactly about self-voting makes it suspicious."

It didn't matter. The players proceeded to take a wide array of sharp cutlery and mutilate Leech. Once it was over and Leech's mutilated body lay hanging on the main dining table, they felt a sense of regret. His form didn't change. One person asked what everyone was thinking, "If he was an infiltrator, surely his true evil form would have been revealed?"

The players mourned the loss of a misunderstood composer.

"My fellow men, we will find the infiltrators," spoke the supposed Captain Spectacular. "No worries. This is an obstacle we all will make through. Now we must slumber, but before we do! I want all of your opinion's on which way we should navigate. This is a democracy after all." A snicker could be heard amongst the crowd. Dead silence again filled the dining hall as the players knew the first day had not been the success they were hoping.

Leech has been lynched. He was Steve Reich.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs and vote in the night poll.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1: Results

Missed the vote (6): axxon n, crusty_mustard, DFaraday, Illyria, insertnamehere, Jokreher
Failed the host challenge (2): crusty_mustard, Jokreher
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 1] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Tangrowth »

It is now Night 1. If you have night PMs, please PM them to me within 24 hours.

Thanks!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nebula 8 because 4 8 15 16 23 42.

Also RIP Leech.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
crusty_mustard

Post by crusty_mustard »

:WTF:

I'll try to hang in for a bit longer, but mafia and my schedule right now aren't friends.
More commonly referred to as "the andyman of 1125"
Or just Andy.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'd like to thank Sock for getting me interested in Steve Reich just by giving me the role. So far this is my favorite piece...

Anyway, I'm interested in where this is going, so I'll keep watch, obviously without commenting.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Oh wow, I thought the lynch ended an hour later. RIP Leech, and sorry I tried to vote for you!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Leech wrote:I'd like to thank Sock for getting me interested in Steve Reich just by giving me the role. So far this is my favorite piece...
Glad you enjoy his music! Definitely listen to Music for 18 Musicians; that is my favorite album of his for sure. He really is such an important figure in the history of contemporary/20th century composing.

That's one of many things I love about hosting mafia games is exposing other people to awesome music/TV shows/video games/etc. that perhaps they hadn't been fully knowledgeable of before. Of course, there's the fantastic flipside of being the one exposed to new items as well while playing a mafia game. I actually started watching Futurama at the insistence of one Mr. Droopy Cash and because of the recent Futurama game over at RM, for just one example.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

DFaraday wrote:Oh wow, I thought the lynch ended an hour later. RIP Leech, and sorry I tried to vote for you!
The clock seems to be one hour off.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Leech wrote:I'd like to thank Sock for getting me interested in Steve Reich just by giving me the role. So far this is my favorite piece...
Glad you enjoy his music! Definitely listen to Music for 18 Musicians; that is my favorite album of his for sure. He really is such an important figure in the history of contemporary/20th century composing.

That's one of many things I love about hosting mafia games is exposing other people to awesome music/TV shows/video games/etc. that perhaps they hadn't been fully knowledgeable of before. Of course, there's the fantastic flipside of being the one exposed to new items as well while playing a mafia game. I actually started watching Futurama at the insistence of one Mr. Droopy Cash and because of the recent Futurama game over at RM, for just one example.
Yeah it's really cool, because first I was hoping to get someone I already knew about like Mike Patton but instead I got another artist I can say I'm becoming a fan of.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Oh wow, I thought the lynch ended an hour later. RIP Leech, and sorry I tried to vote for you!
Go to User Control Panel -- Board Preferences -- and make sure it says Summer Time/DST is NOT in effect.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

:facepalm:

Sorry Leech~ don't self vote any more, K?

I picked 8 because it is my favorite of the numbers up there :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
crusty_mustard

Post by crusty_mustard »

Anyway, I'm interested in where this is going, so I'll keep watch, obviously without commenting.
Double Sextet and you'll never look back. :drums:
Or just Andy.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Go to User Control Panel -- Board Preferences -- and make sure it says Summer Time/DST is NOT in effect.
it was k

*blushes*

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Leech wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yeah it's really cool, because first I was hoping to get someone I already knew about like Mike Patton but instead I got another artist I can say I'm becoming a fan of.
Being Damo Suzuki in a game totally turned me on to Can :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Leech wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Eating my wife's cooking puts me ON the Can. :drums:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon

Post by chaindeath »

Chaindeath votes in favor of the double digits as the vote might not move from 8 without someone to break the ice. :D
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Well that was kind of a sad lynch. :(
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

S~V~S wrote:
Leech wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Being Damo Suzuki in a game totally turned me on
:O
crusty_mustard

Post by crusty_mustard »

The Truth wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Leech wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Being Damo Suzuki in a game totally turned me on
:O
you filthy dog you
Or just Andy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Effective immediately, Flyin' High is replacing crusty_mustard.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote:Nebula 8 because 4 8 15 16 23 42.

Also RIP Leech.
Are those supposed to be Lost numbers or something? I seem to remember that being a thing some of you people do.

sockhost, do we get to find out the secret part of Steve Reich's role? Or not until Endgame?
S~V~S wrote: Being Damo Suzuki in a game totally turned me on to Can :)
AS IT WELL SHOULD (stern smile)
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

S~V~S wrote:
Leech wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Good because they're one of the best bands ever. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

triceratopzeuhl wrote: sockhost, do we get to find out the secret part of Steve Reich's role? Or not until Endgame?
Not until later.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP Leech. I quite like the music of steve reich.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Illyria »

MP, and everyone else I am so SO sorry. I was working on my taxes all day today and figured I would stop at 3 when my roomie called and her car had broken down in a not so safe area. A quick 30 minute pickup turned into A Situation and the cops ended up involved, we are both fine so all is well but I didn't get home until way after the lynch was over. I am so sorry I promise I wont miss any more lynches if at all possible. :why:

I would have voted Leech, sorry about that, :( and he asked me a direct question that I want to answer. I NEVER gave Jason at TP any wiggle room, I thought it was a baddie move and it made me insane every time he did it. So I would have voted for you if you were Jason without blinking an eye. :srsnod:

That being said I am going to re read the poll question because I skipped over it while I was racing through the thread to see how it turned out.

Also, YAY FH!! Welcome to the game! :yay: :fiesta:

I am a little in love with the fiesta smilie. :D
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I am going to vote 8, because of LOST and because it's a good friend's favorite number. :)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Hell, I'll vote 8 too since people seem to be leaning that way. I don't see any real reasons for voting one way or another, except that common sense dictates we not sit still while there are 3 teams of baddies hunting
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'll vote 10 because I don't like Lost.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

I'm going with Colin's logic. 8 is infinity on its side so the possibilities are endless. Other numbers may not be so nice to us. >_>
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP Leech! :rip: A shame that we lost such an awesome composer. :(

I'm kind of leaning with Trice's logic here. I'm going to go with 8 because it's my favorite number and like he said, it is probably best to keep moving as much as possible.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I'll vote 10 because I don't like Lost.
*Votes Disgruntled Porcupine FOREVER* :srsnod:
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Illyria »

S~V~S wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I'll vote 10 because I don't like Lost.
*Votes Disgruntled Porcupine FOREVER* :srsnod:
For. REAL. What the hell??!!?? :disappoint:

I am going to choose 8 as well, if only to support LOST from the random hate! :D
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

I voted for numero 9 because it's the only odd number choice. Seems logical to me.....plus I'm the first person to vote for it. I like that.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown

Return to “Previous Jobs”