Roxy is awesome!
47%

Total votes: 15
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Re: Day 2 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by NurseWilgy »

Gamer Guy 2 wrote:I like these night results.
Llama 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:You do all know that Gamer Guy 2 is listed alphabetically, when you take into account that the 'the' in his name was simply dropped, right?

This seems like a weird sticking-point. It was someone playing as llama trying to be llama-y, and whether or not they succeeded being open to interpretation.
Llama is thellama73, yet "Llama" has been placed alphabetically under L.

I guess "Llama" should now vote himself. :shifty:
Your logic is slightly faulty my good sir. Because even so, my name was still in correct order on the poll. But good try!

Also, voting Gamer Guy again. I just want to point out that lipsticklacey came right out after the failed lynch to put attention back on me.

I think gamer guy and Lacey are baddie mcbaddersons. :smile:
I'm at the point were I think we should just ignore Llama. I wasn't going to respond to this nonsense, but we are at the point where some are considering wasting a lynch on him.

I have a question for everyone, what roles do we think are in this game? I'll start.
Vote Manipulator - Possibly a mayor like role, something that makes your vote worth +1 or +2
Medic - LOL @ no NK last night ...Or maybe they forgot to submit a kill?
UC - I can't imagine there not being one in this game
Pardoner - Based off of Synonym (I wonder if it is actually one time use)
Blocker - Role blocks are a basic Mafia necessity, and this was one of the survey roles
Curser - Based on the hosts survey
Seemer - Based on hosts survey
Jester or Fool - Based on Llama's play
You forgot Supatown. I'm not going to info dump, because it is against the rules. But I am supatown role, not a fool.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Night 1 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Young Lady »

Nice that there was no kill. We basically get to recycle the whole first cycle with bonus information. :srsnod:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:i might vote svs next time
What about my question to the hosts inspired this response from you? The OPs state that the usual rules apply in this game, so I was surprised to see blatant roleclaiming happening without reprimand. :shrug2:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:let me clarify
the real dom
I don't understand how you can come to this conclusion. :evileye:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Llama 2 wrote:Synonym is reading genuine to me. Hostile, but genuine. He's got my Llama Stamp of Approval (tm)

Gamer Guy is still bad in my eyes. This old supatown still has some fight in his bones. :llama:
I still don't know what your case is on Gamer Guy. I asked you to expand on it earlier, I don't think you have done so. Do you find any of his actual posts suspicious, or is this all about stuff you think is in his bio? :suspish:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I'm still suspicious of Long Con for the same reasons as before. He hasn't been very animated since the failed lynch and is just kind of cruising right now. I also have a bad feeling about MM, he seems to be taking to the roleplay so much that it's stopping him from making any or many substantive posts. That's a convenient position for a baddie to enjoy.

My schedule is crappy for this game, I always seem to be around when few others are. :(
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I'd like to make a heartfelt apology on behalf of Synonym 2.

I apologize for being such a jerk.

Also, I'm not a civilian, and I promise to stop acting like one.

The end.

P.S.: I'm a jerk.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I'd like to make a second heartfelt apology on behalf of Synonym 2.

I really am sorry. I just couldn't help myself, but I'll try to do better. Maybe in the next game I'll manage to understand the word 'meta' as well, because I cannot seem to get that one figured out.

The end.
dunya
Turnip Head
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

Wow, what a silly pointless curse.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Cookie 2 wrote:Wow, what a silly pointless curse.
I do not think the person who decided on it really thought it through. If a probably-civilian feels like making another civilians either worth 0 or having that other civilian say a bunch of stuff they absolutely do not believe, then I think the fault lies with the first, not the second.
dunya
Turnip Head
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:You do all know that Gamer Guy 2 is listed alphabetically, when you take into account that the 'the' in his name was simply dropped, right?

This seems like a weird sticking-point. It was someone playing as llama trying to be llama-y, and whether or not they succeeded being open to interpretation.
Technically it still is not in alphabetical order because the real TGG spells it XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Golden 2 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Think you figured out the real identity behind some of the socks?
Submit your guess at who each sock is via PM to both of your hostesses if you would like your chance to win one of two amazing prizes. Guessing in the thread will result in disqualification from the contest.

Distraction from baddie-hunting. :SVS:

Also, each and every sock? :faint:
I stand corrected. :shrug2:
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:I'd like to make a heartfelt apology on behalf of Synonym 2.

The end.

Wut?
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Perd Hapley »

I don't follow a few cases here.

Why are people comparing "Llama"s play to thellama73's previous games? Is this artistic criticism?

Also, what's with the alphabetical order obsession? I don't understand what the order of players has to do with finding baddies.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Dom 2 wrote:Technically it still is not in alphabetical order because the real TGG spells it XthAtGAm3RGuYX
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHEN THE PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAPJAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK, DOES A RAW BLINK ON HARA-KIRI ROCK.

I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

I will likely be voting for Long Con II again. I'm also under the weather and tired. I'll be able to post more hopefully tomorrow.
Reporting
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

Cookie 2 wrote:
Cobalt 2 wrote:Cookie is a Scum Con teammate. She keeps going on about the possibility that Synonym is scum that can't be lynched. How would civilians win if scum can't be lynched? There are no role powers listed here. So how does Cookie suppose that? Is there a townie killer to take out the person who can't be lynched?

Cookie and Long Con are scum.
Wow it's pretty neat that several of you are all calling Long Con "Scum Con". So clever, I see what you did there ;)

And um, no, sorry. Wherever it is that you play musy have a very limited repertoire of roles. I have played LOTS of games where one of the baddie teams had a member, generally the Don, who could not be lynched until all other members of the team were dead. And I am not pushing it; I am presenting it as one possible alternative to Syns "Hey, I stopped the lynch on myself! Am I civ or what, because the only possible possibility for me surviving a lynch is a civ possibility. And you must be bad if you don't believe me" schtick.

He could be right; I was by no means convinced he was bad. But I really hate the way he is throwing it down as proof in game with no known roles which means it is no such thing.

And I am by no means convinced that Long Con is bad either. Remember this post, which I don't recall you or Syn or sig commenting on?

Cookie 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:
Long Con 2 wrote:When I read Synonym's post in which he listed the five names, my thoughts were "five mafia? Did I miss something?" I then looked on page 1 where Roxy said the roles would be listed eventually and still saw no such roles. I thought, "how did he come up with this number of five? Maybe he knows there are five and so he listed five people subconsciously." I then put my theory out there for discussion. I believe it is a common mafia strategy to call out names in the beginning of the game to gauge reactions. These two things put together cause me pause. Also, please note that Synonym has yet to give reason for calling out the five players that he did even though I have asked him to explain why he thought those five players specifically were mafia.

Linki: Welcome Dr Wilgy. Good to have you Sir.
I don't believe it is a common strategy at all.
Well, maybe he's just doing a poor job of "being" Long Con, and that is how they do things is nis neck of the woods :shrug2:

I cannot count all the games I have played where people vote for really weak, dumb reasons on day one. And one thing I HAVE seen as a common baddie tactic is to make someone have to overdefend their weak day one suspicion, and soon no one is talking about anything else, so the ping gets lynched. And when that weak day one ping flips civ, they turn on the person whom they forced to defend his weak day one suspicion and attack then THEM for their "better than random" day one ping. It's a pretty good day one strategy for a Mafia.

So, to parapharase Metalmarsh, I am not going to vote for Long Con OR Synonym. Since I have to go to work now, and may or may not be back before the poll ends, I AM going to vote for Sig. His post, the only on topic one I believe him to have made so far, felt EXACTLY like that kind of thing to me. Self righteous indignation over a day one ping seems a bit overdone, no?

VOTES FOR SIG

Linki w/TGG, this is the last thing he said, the post I am voting him for:
Sig 2 wrote:I looked back, and Syn 2 listed five names, he never said "are the five baddies" or anything that would be a true ping. I will be eyeing people who push that as a slip. :eye:
I hope he answers you, too.
That is what yesterday looked like to me, the bold italicized part. You have never seen that before? I will vote for Sig tomorrow, too, and will probably keep doing so until he or I are dead. Or maybe for you. To be honest, I am not 100% sure you are not buddying up to Syn, strong possibility.
Synonym 2 wrote:
Gamer Guy 2 wrote:Can we please lynch Sig tomorrow? Synonym, will you help me?
Why?

iirc he was one of the earliest to call Scum Con on his bullshit.
Scum Con again. Can you & Fauxbalt not resort to name calling? Thanks :)

And isn't proclaiming that Long Con is pretty much a proven baddie (which is what you are trying to do, right?) putting the cart before the horse? Let's find out if he is before we start making value judgments based on proximity to him, eh? Just like I am not damning YOU for sigs fairly bad looking (in my opinion) Day One posts, even though he was defending YOU.

While I DO believe sig is bad, and probably Fauxbalt with him, I am not as sure about you. A lot of Day One felt civ/civ to me, like what I outlined up there. Certainly Long Con felt backed into a corner forced to defend a dopey day one ping. Like 99.5% of day one pings are. I have the stats to prove that...somewhere :noble: In any case, if you are civ, you should be careful about the company you keep. First you're hanging with people who think calling people names is an awesome way to make them look bad, then next thing you know, you're hanging on a street corner shooting up.

True story, it happens all the time.
OMGUS much?

Here is a link to my posts.

Please show me where I am buddying up to Synonym. I would like evidence of this, not your say so.

You defend Long Con, I see. That's not buddying up. That's straight outta Compton DEFENSE. Funny on Night 1.

Scum Con gotta go. I don't care what little cutesy nicknames you throw at me.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

So, I was accused of flip-flopping or something on Day 1 because I changed my mind based on things people said. Maybe it's my fault for not typing my whole thought process. I thought the idea that Sig 2 knew there were 5 baddies was sketchy, but then his defense was rock-solid, and I didn't think that anymore. I still think Long Con 2 has got to go, and I will absolutely be willing to vote him in any lynch that he's a viable candidate. Fortunately for me, he's still a scrutinized and suspected baddie, so it won't take much to make it happen.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

And I would like to correct "Sig 2" in the last post to "Synonym 2", please pardon the misnaming.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:I'd like to make a heartfelt apology on behalf of Synonym 2.

The end.

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:I'd like to make a second heartfelt apology on behalf of Synonym 2.

I really am sorry. I just couldn't help myself, but I'll try to do better. Maybe in the next game I'll manage to understand the word 'meta' as well, because I cannot seem to get that one figured out.

The end.
I'm gonna go ahead and take the curse we were given and actually take it seriously.

Lipsticklacey 2:

I, on the other hand, actually would genuinely like to make a heartfelt apology to you. I won't and don't expect you to believe this, but everything I said regarding my own defense and my ability in the previous phases was the truth. And the win con thing was something I thought would work out for us, but I won't go into that or it'll break a rule.

Given that I told nothing but the truth, it was kind of infuriating when you decided to go in really hard on me and attempt to invalidate every single little thing I said. I get that this game is played that way, but your refusal to consider my point of view came off to me in such a way that I took personal offense to it, and lashed out. I regret doing that, because I came off like a huge dick and not in the fun way, and I never meant to bring any kind of dysfunction or malicious intent to this game, because I have respect for a lot of people who are in it, and the hostesses as well.

I should not have been as aggressive as I was and I truly regret being an asshole when it seems that this might have been a colossal misunderstanding. I hope that we as players can move past this and actually put it to use as far as solving the game goes. Because I don't want to bring animosity into something that's supposed to be lighthearted.

I'd like to ask for your forgiveness. I hope you can find it in your heart to grant me it.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

And I'd once again like to reiterate my heartfelt apology to Lipsticklacey 2:

When I find out who you are post-game I will also be contacting you personally because I don't want there to be any residual tension between us. I value every single person in this game as a player and you are no different. I do hope you can forgive me.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

also hi let's vote out Scum Con
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

We are looking for 1 replacement. If you are a non player reading this, and are interested in filling this spot or future replacement spots if needed please PM both me and Rox.

Thanks! :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Sockys2023 »

So there was a no lynch, and then mafia didnt get a kill. I feel justified in saying that was probably the most unproductive Day 1 I've ever seen. We're technically still in day 1 since we dont really have anything new to work with. Just a whole bunch of straw grasping going on.

Could anyone be bothered to provide an actual clear synopsis on why people are saying Con is mafia? I'm skimming what I've missed and I havent seen anything definitive yet.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I wish votes were changeable so I would be able to vote Gamer Guy.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

boo 2 wrote:So there was a no lynch, and then mafia didnt get a kill. I feel justified in saying that was probably the most unproductive Day 1 I've ever seen. We're technically still in day 1 since we dont really have anything new to work with. Just a whole bunch of straw grasping going on.

Could anyone be bothered to provide an actual clear synopsis on why people are saying Con is mafia? I'm skimming what I've missed and I havent seen anything definitive yet.
I thought Long Con pushed too hard on a questionable premise that Synonym knew the number of baddies just because he threw five names into the thread on day 1. If it had been a brief exchange meant to get reactions I wouldn't think much of it, but he made it his lasting case throughout the day. Now after the failed lynch he has had nearly nothing to say, he's just cruising through while other people get more attention.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Llama 2 wrote:I wish votes were changeable so I would be able to vote Gamer Guy.
You still haven't answered me. Do you think he's bad because of your assumptions about his bio, or because of something he has posted?
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I can't wait for people to start referencing this game at some point in the future for the sake of meta without realizing they're remembering a sock. XD
Supervisor
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

SVS 2 wrote:I can't wait for people to start referencing this game at some point in the future for the sake of meta without realizing they're remembering a sock. XD
I'm pretty much taking the players at face value... meaning, when I talk to you, I just feel like I'm talking to S~V~S herself. Too many mental hoops for me to be jumping through otherwise. :srsnod:

I have my own reasons for promoting a Long Con 2 lynch, and that's all I'll say about that.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ned Flanders »

boo 2 wrote:So there was a no lynch, and then mafia didnt get a kill. I feel justified in saying that was probably the most unproductive Day 1 I've ever seen. We're technically still in day 1 since we dont really have anything new to work with. Just a whole bunch of straw grasping going on.

I agree with this. SVS says that I pushed too hard on the Syn and mafia issue but I really didn't. I kept getting asked to clarify my initial reaction to Syn's post. I think the fact that I reiterated my initial thoughts three times, or so, made everyone go after me as if my theory was a huge deal. Have I pushed for a Syn lynch? No, not at all. I voted for him in order to save myself, that is all. My original reaction/theory to Syn's post was blown out of proportion and everyone who is still on it needs to move on.

linki JJJ: what are your reasons, please share.
Assault
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

SVS 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:I wish votes were changeable so I would be able to vote Gamer Guy.
You still haven't answered me. Do you think he's bad because of your assumptions about his bio, or because of something he has posted?
His presumed bio is a big reason, yes.
Acknowledging my vote for him by labeling me as a fool is just icing on the cake.

Also his name is still not in alphabetical order

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

A question for the hosts:
Will you be giving us notification on any missing PM's during the night?

ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Llama 2 wrote:A question for the hosts:
sure there was a lot.

Hope that helps :)
;)
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Gamer Guy 2 wrote:
I have a question for everyone, what roles do we think are in this game? I'll start.
Vote Manipulator - Possibly a mayor like role, something that makes your vote worth +1 or +2
Blocker - Role blocks are a basic Mafia necessity, and this was one of the survey roles
I would like to state that I find this post to be very un-civilian. From my past experience playing these games, the only people that should be concerned with what roles are in the game, are the mafia team because they need to know what they are fighting against. This could also be seen as a baiting tactic. In the event that somebody proposes a certain role in addition to this list, that mafia may be able to role hunt them for it, essentially killing roles they did not predict existed.

While it can be true that knowing what mafia roles are in the game can be beneficial to a civilian, it is not required. As long as civs hit mafia when the lynch comes around, everything will eventually fall into place regardless of what mafia roles there are. Civs dont need to know the other civ roles in order to win. It is nothing more than a pleasantry.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

By the way, have we addressed the fact that this game has an ODD number of players? We assume that everybody is switched, but think about this like a paired assignment in school.

There are 25 students in the classroom, much like this game has 25 players. Mrs. Roxy and Mrs. Fingersplints tell us to get a partner for a class assingment. We do so. But there is a problem. The odd one out. The outlier. In order for everybody to be able to play as somebody else, there needs to be an even number of players. But we have that one extra person. I feel I can say with almost 100% certainty that one of those among us, is in fact playing as themself.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

boo 2 wrote:By the way, have we addressed the fact that this game has an ODD number of players? We assume that everybody is switched, but think about this like a paired assignment in school.

There are 25 students in the classroom, much like this game has 25 players. Mrs. Roxy and Mrs. Fingersplints tell us to get a partner for a class assingment. We do so. But there is a problem. The odd one out. The outlier. In order for everybody to be able to play as somebody else, there needs to be an even number of players. But we have that one extra person. I feel I can say with almost 100% certainty that one of those among us, is in fact playing as themself.
That... Doesn't work at all. Take a list 1 to 25, then make 1=25, 2=1, 3=2, and so on. Direct pairs are an unlikely; and yes, would be a problematic way, of sorting people into a role.
dunya
Turnip Head
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

boo 2 wrote:By the way, have we addressed the fact that this game has an ODD number of players? We assume that everybody is switched, but think about this like a paired assignment in school.

You're assuming that players are switched directly with another player.
I don't think this is the case, and an easy fix for an odd number is to round robin people.

Think of it this way:
If there were 3 people- Alison, Beatrice, and Carl- Alison could be Beatrice, Beatrice could be Carl, and Carl could be Alison.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Roxy wrote:
sure there was a lot.

Yes! Thank you! :blush:

If a mafia member (let's say godfather) isn't around to direct the mafia kill that night, can another mafia member speak and kill on his/her behalf?

ImageImageImage
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Hmmm. I felt like the way I rationalized that may have been off, but I wasnt sure. Thank you for the correction.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

It's really awesome people can make posts they pretend are genuine, and then immediately revert to using a lazy stand-in name to say a person should be lynched. That makes the whole thing seem really sincere, and not forced on top of forced.
dunya
Turnip Head
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:It's really awesome people can make posts they pretend are genuine, and then immediately revert to using a lazy stand-in name to say a person should be lynched. That makes the whole thing seem really sincere, and not forced on top of forced.
On the flip side, you seem nothing like the real lipsticklacey. :mafia:

ImageImageImage
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

boo 2 wrote:
Gamer Guy 2 wrote:
I would like to state that I find this post to be very un-civilian. From my past experience playing these games, the only people that should be concerned with what roles are in the game, are the mafia team because they need to know what they are fighting against. This could also be seen as a baiting tactic. In the event that somebody proposes a certain role in addition to this list, that mafia may be able to role hunt them for it, essentially killing roles they did not predict existed.

While it can be true that knowing what mafia roles are in the game can be beneficial to a civilian, it is not required. As long as civs hit mafia when the lynch comes around, everything will eventually fall into place regardless of what mafia roles there are. Civs dont need to know the other civ roles in order to win. It is nothing more than a pleasantry.
I understand the concern, but here is my stance. I don't even know how many friendly players I have. The amount of information that I do have is that there are 27 players, and that we've already seen at least 2 role powers. Info dumping is against the rules, so I was not looking to obtain information about anyone, rather I would like to see what everyone's mindset is. How chaotic do we actually think this game is?
Elohcin 2 wrote:Sorry guys, busy with lots of things and popping in while I can! I don't want to vote for Synonym 2 or LC 2, so I won't. I think Synonym was being satirical and his frustration with people taking it too seriously seems genuine. I think LC's suspicion is wrong, but genuine. And this:
Cookie 2 wrote:
I cannot count all the games I have played where people vote for really weak, dumb reasons on day one. And one thing I HAVE seen as a common baddie tactic is to make someone have to overdefend their weak day one suspicion, and soon no one is talking about anything else, so the ping gets lynched. And when that weak day one ping flips civ, they turn on the person whom they forced to defend his weak day one suspicion and attack then THEM for their "better than random" day one ping. It's a pretty good day one strategy for a Mafia.

So, to parapharase Metalmarsh, I am not going to vote for Long Con OR Synonym. Since I have to go to work now, and may or may not be back before the poll ends, I AM going to vote for Sig. His post, the only on topic one I believe him to have made so far, felt EXACTLY like that kind of thing to me. Self righteous indignation over a day one ping seems a bit overdone, no?

VOTES FOR SIG

Linki w/TGG, this is the last thing he said, the post I am voting him for:
Sig 2 wrote:I looked back, and Syn 2 listed five names, he never said "are the five baddies" or anything that would be a true ping. I will be eyeing people who push that as a slip. :eye:
I hope he answers you, too.
The only thing is, I don't agree with voting sig either. I think he's made good points about civs needing to call out BS, and about looking at people jumping on Synonym's case. I don't really want to vote for anyone who's received votes so far either. I think I'll vote MM 2 today - it seems he's playing the MM meta, but his reason for voting Synonym is nonexistent when the "case" itself already looks bad enough to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have hungry mouths to feed :)
Elohcin, I would like to hear more from you. How do you feel about Dom, Scotty and Turnip Head? Did either the Long Con argument or the Synonym argument have more sway in your head? What made Synonym's case bad? was Long Con's also bad?

It worries me that Elohcin left the vote a tie based on Synonym's case being bad. It shows non-commitment and a willingness to allow either player to die, even though previously stating "civs needing to call out BS". A win-win situation on the chance that they are both civilian.

Hosts would a lynch pardoned player receive notification of their pardoning? Also can actions be submitted as conditions? I think we should debunk any ruling speculations.
To be recycled
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Llama 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:It's really awesome people can make posts they pretend are genuine, and then immediately revert to using a lazy stand-in name to say a person should be lynched. That makes the whole thing seem really sincere, and not forced on top of forced.
And you haven't even cracked 100 posts yet, which puts your llama-ing at like a B-, tops. :haha:
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Llama 2 wrote:
And you haven't even cracked 100 posts yet, which puts your llama-ing at like a B-, tops. :haha:
dunya
Turnip Head
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Llama 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
sure there was a lot.

Yes! Thank you! :blush:

If a mafia member (let's say godfather) isn't around to direct the mafia kill that night, can another mafia member speak and kill on his/her behalf?
Yes - We like group PM's and idc who sends it in - anyone on that team is able to submit them.

Gamer Guy 2 wrote:Hosts would a lynch pardoned player receive notification of their pardoning? Also can actions be submitted as conditions?
Yes they would receive the notification.
It would depend on the circumstances. Like if the lynch ends when they are sleeping (time zone crap ya know) we would prob allow it.

FTR - The first Triva has been shelved - no one won. After splints' contest we will resume my Impossible Trivia but do it slightly differently.
;)
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Gamer Guy 2 wrote: 1. I understand the concern, but here is my stance. I don't even know how many friendly players I have.
2.The amount of information that I do have is that there are 27 players, and that we've already seen at least 2 role powers.
3.Info dumping is against the rules, so I was not looking to obtain information about anyone, rather I would like to see what everyone's mindset is.
1. Much like the knowledge on roles, it is not a necessity. Knowing the player ratio does nothing more than let either side know how close they are to victory or defeat. It lets us know if we are in a "mislynch and lose" situation yes. But that in itself is also a pleasantry and unneeded information in the pursuit of rooting out mafia. Civilians need only know the "who". Not "how many".

2. 27 you say? Are you quite certain of that?

3. My theory does not require the use of info dumping. If someone were to suggest that an oddball role could be in play, whether or not it's theirs, mafia could use that as a potential role hunting foundation. Someone with a particularly large set of balls could even bring up their own, but as long as they dont say "I am this", it is not info dumping. Merely an implication that something may or may not exist, and therefore does not break rules. It's a simple mind game.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
I haven't needed to. Why post extrenuously?

As for the quiet night from the mafia, it sounds to me like their target was protected or they were blocked, as opposed to a missed PM. Unless this mafia is plum-dumb I don't think they all missed an attempted kill PM. I think the brunt of the mafia is active in the thread, and had a very unlucky night. :llama:

ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

fingersplints wrote:We are looking for 1 replacement. If you are a non player reading this, and are interested in filling this spot or future replacement spots if needed please PM both me and Rox.

Thanks! :hug:

Make that 2 replacements!
;)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Gunther »

Having caught up on everything, nothing has changed my mind that Synonym and JJJ seem to me to be working together. I'm voting for Synonym.

I don't really understand why people are reading Synonym as genuine. He sounded like a cornered baddie to me, and the explanation he gave was tenuous. Now we've even had clarification from the hosts that they might agree something conditional:

"Like if the lynch ends when they are sleeping (time zone crap ya know) we would prob allow it."

That sounds like what the hosts would say when it is their duty not to let everyone know about a baddie lie, because it isn't exactly a yes. They didn't answer my question yet which was would they allow it conditional on things you can't see - like 'If I'm leading on votes AFTER manipulations that no-one can see' rather than just 'leading in the poll'. I have a lot of difficulty believing a host would say yes to this, I would not.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Long Con 2 wrote:I agree with this. SVS says that I pushed too hard on the Syn and mafia issue but I really didn't. I kept getting asked to clarify my initial reaction to Syn's post. I think the fact that I reiterated my initial thoughts three times, or so, made everyone go after me as if my theory was a huge deal. Have I pushed for a Syn lynch? No, not at all. I voted for him in order to save myself, that is all. My original reaction/theory to Syn's post was blown out of proportion and everyone who is still on it needs to move on.
This may have some merit. I read back for context and you did raise the issue when prompted aside from the first time. I'm still bothered by it though because you maintained it as a real cause for suspicion and I really don't think it is, even on day 1. Synonym could have named any number of people and this logic could apply the same way, suspecting him for naming five people instead of four or six or whatever seems forced. Also there's this:
Long Con 2 wrote:SVS-I have no specific example at the moment as I need to hurry off and prepare some sandwiches. However, I can say off the top of my head that I have seen mafia throw names out in the beginning of a game in order to gauge reaction from the civilians. I guess this allows them to see who it is best to "find suspicious".
I'm assuming there's no need to make any sandwiches now, so I hope you can address this point. I asked you for an example of a mafia member blurting out a pile of names on day 1 because you said you think baddies do that. I don't see how baddies would gain anything by "gauging reactions" about random names at the very beginning of the game.
Supervisor

Return to “Previous Jobs”