[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
:suspish:

Are you "extremely unhappy" because you think her behavior promotes an anti-town strategy, or because you don't think it promotes a town strategy that resonates with you?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Ricochet - so good to see ya! Such a great start on this most excellent Sunday. :)

Dii - get used to it :)
;)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:Done with the catching up. I'm a little confused with all the day 0 stuff. It's my fault, so if no one wants to answer me, I'll understand, but I won't be nice about it :P

Please let me know if I got it right. There was a different day 0 for each site, and now it's hidden from us? Where was it? Was it a different thread? I read a PM inviting me for something, and when I tried to access it, I couldn't. I guess I was too late.

Why are there so few females playing? :disappoint:
I find it funny that I'm on the RYM side when I've only played 1.3 games. I must have made an impression :P Or I'm an outsider in every site, so it's easy to toss me around :pout: ....Kidding MP.
kneel4justice wrote:Voted for FZ for RYM and Roxy for Syndicate.
Because they are awesome.
:faint: :omg:
I didn't even know you were playing? :D :D :D Makes me feel even worse for missing day 0

My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.

Regarding the whole zebra, JJJ, Epi and Sig situation, zebra comes out looking good from it, Sig doesn't look too bad either, but we'll see.
I do agree with those who said that it's not likely they are all connected, but I would like to know why Epi voted for JJJ just like that, and what does JJJ think about Epi so far.

I expect llama to have a suspect by now, but his answer when asked about it, felt okay to me.

linki: Bea is playing too? Wow, Epic game. I really should look at the list of players :blush:
awe.... lil' ole me got the epic game tag? I lurvs you too FZ!!! :hug: :hugs: :hug: :hugs:

I have a history with our dear sockhost. As limited as my free time is, I've only missed 1 game he's hosted. Like ever. Even back in the prog days. I just can't say no to my adopted baby brother. :sigh: That said, I have so little free time. Like less than when we played death note. So don't be surprised if you don't hear lots from me.

As for rico - he seems fairly rico for me atm. I don't have a good feel for his civ vs his bad game as I've only played a few with him and tbh, I don't remember where he ended on any of them. (This is my fault not his) but his meta seems to be what I'd expect from him.

Also - re: the polls - I wish one of us on the TS side, had been as rententive as MM and grabbed a screen shot. I'm wondering currently if, since both polls were related, that the "winner" (which ever one of three had the most common votes) is the thing that actually happens. This will be interesting to see play out.

Also - re - someone asking about threads that blank out being regular. It's not common. It doesn't happen every game. BUT MP did something similar in his Fight Club game where we had to pick which city we would travel to in order to fight each time till a mechanic finally merged us all into one thread. When we were in one city we couldn't see what was happening in another city. In order to find out we'd have to travel back to that city and read back. With this in mind, I'd say...um...maybe.... not vote for any night option that could be tied to the song "Cities"? I know kids. It hurts me to say it. Cities is srrsly one of my most favorite Talking Heads songs. But with these two blacked out threads and trying to put the pieces back together, maybe that's just too much random?

good god it's weird being in linki AND catching up. lol. Love having people around when I am. I'm just not used to it!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Diiny wrote:I should say that's more than an accusation of you being too quiet per se, it's an accusation of you being fundementally off-meta.

Sorsha also raised my eyebrow, chiming in to answer an easy question about polls and then leaving without sharing any views or making any real attempt to play mafia.

I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
Seems my randomization post got a "provoking reaction" :haha:
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Have I said
OT /OT
omg!!! jjj!!! more talking please!!!!!!!!! :D

Rox - yours was great, but nothing in comparision to you singing happy birthday to me. I listen to that shit like once a day. :D
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

<3
;)
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:

Are you "extremely unhappy" because you think her behavior promotes an anti-town strategy, or because you don't think it promotes a town strategy that resonates with you?
Both.

I'm unhappy with Roxy because it seems like weak faux-town play: Not actually voting based off of anything, avoiding committing to anything solid or helpful and then blaming that on a lack of evidence that it's a townie's job to extract rather than wait for. Roxy looks like scum trying to look involved but doing so in the least accountable way. But I'm also unhappy because they could well still be town promoting a strategy or playing the game in such a way that, yes, I don't think benefits town at all.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I know I promised y'all Talking Heads singing if elected as assistant to the CEO. I will pay up in time, I just have to learn the songs first. :P

For now, let me tide you over with CongestedJimmyJay sings Carly Rae Jepsen Way Too Loudly and Coughs a Lot Like a Doofus

(watch the volume, I have no idea how loud it'll be for other people XD)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Both.

I'm unhappy with Roxy because it seems like weak faux-town play: Not actually voting based off of anything, avoiding committing to anything solid or helpful and then blaming that on a lack of evidence that it's a townie's job to extract rather than wait for. Roxy looks like scum trying to look involved but doing so in the least accountable way. But I'm also unhappy because they could well still be town promoting a strategy or playing the game in such a way that, yes, I don't think benefits town at all.
She's just made herself an interesting point with regards to your reception of her maneuver. Whaddya think of that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Roxy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I should say that's more than an accusation of you being too quiet per se, it's an accusation of you being fundementally off-meta.

Sorsha also raised my eyebrow, chiming in to answer an easy question about polls and then leaving without sharing any views or making any real attempt to play mafia.

I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
It usually does from new peeps. Thanks for taking that bullet. :p ;)

DIINY - Sorsha does that. She's got limited time too. She responds to what's most current/on topic when she catches up.

Rox and others - tend to Day 1 Day 1. We recognise that ALL arguments are based on very little. The weakest of pings. And lacking anything concrete to go on, we reserve the right to random vote.

Some of us feel that a random vote is as logical as a super weak "I got nothing else woe is me" Day 1 vote and JUST as easily manipulated by mafia as a "random" vote. I know one player that refuses to read the roles till like day 3.

I tend to not get anything near a vibe or feeling till like day 3 myself so I understand the random. I've done it. I've done it regardless of being civ or mafia. (Because even when I'm mafia, lots of our games are two mafia teams and then I still want to find baddies, just not my baddies) It's not done, at least in my part, to with hold info. It's done to find info. Some people find info differently than others. Some jump in and look and prod and question. Some sit back and watch the prodding and questioning and go from there. BOTH are needed for the civ cause. :noble:

Different styles for different folks. That's what makes this experiment awesome! :D
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Roxy wrote: Dii - get used to it :)
Your excuse for not actually really playing mafia is 'get used to it?' If you keep playing the way you're playing you're getting a vote. I want to see something solid, meaningful and accountable by day 1 standards from you. I'm not getting used to scumminess, and, if I understand you correctly, that you're asking me to is making me very uncomfortable
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Roxy wrote:

True, actually.

Was that your intention? Are you actually going to randomise?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Both.

First I would point out that my randomization post got a "provoking reaction" - from you! (you ignored my post that said as much).

Also being two separate forums and combining play styles I would not be so quick to judge how a person plays nor would I be so condescending to tell someone that they are playing the game in such a way that is not town promoting and makes you unhappy.

So sorry I make you unhappy. :hugs:

But I have been playing my own way since 2009 and I'll be honest and say i prob won't be changing my style to suit your needs.

linky - uh yah not gonna be taking lessons from Dii's book of mafia this game - again sorry I will play my own way. :noble:

Linky again - :shrug:
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny is whipping up a storm like I was anticipating before, so that's positive. There is however a tonal severity in his treatment of Roxy that surprises me. Diiny, do you have a specific strategic intent when you convey yourself this abrasively? Show me your mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I'll spill the beans when you tell me whether or not it was your intention to provoke reactions with your threat of randomizing, bls :Mongoose:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

whether she does or not, I reserve the right to. :)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by thellama73 »

Diiny wrote:Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
This is very true, and I'm voting for you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

There are different types of baddies. There's Sir Belendsalot, there's Mr. "Look How Helpful I am Being, Guys!", there's Empty Statement Lass. Then there's Detective Aggressive Scumhunt von Threadleader.

I am reading Diiny as this last type.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

How would you feel if I told you I've attempted to tried my Detective Aggressive Scumhunt von Threadleader strats as town on multiple occasions, and got lynched as town in the last game for the reason you're suggesting?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny, I need you to talk to me. If I have developed any ability to read Syndicate games at all yet, I'd say you're the most likely player on Day 1 to be lynched right now as a direct result of your recent content. If you're town, I need you to give me confidence of that with open and continuous dialogue. You're an asset if you're on my side, but for the moment I harbor doubts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Both.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you until your recent posts, right after I asked how it would look like when you actually discussed suspicions. :ponder:

As much as too much fluff distracts from the game, I am trusting Roxy more than I am Ricco exactly because she's mainly posting fluff and doesn't seem to be bothered by how she appears, while Ricco is trying to be jokey and throw some thoughts in the middle just to look contributing, but that don't look genuine to me at all. I've seen his answers and they don't make me look better.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Diiny wrote:I'll spill the beans when you tell me whether or not it was your intention to provoke reactions with your threat of randomizing, bls :Mongoose:
Both -

your turn :dance:
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:How would you feel if I told you I've attempted to tried my Detective Aggressive Scumhunt von Threadleader strats as town on multiple occasions, and got lynched as town in the last game for the reason you're suggesting?
I observe effort but not necessarily hard aggression. The latter is the variable of note in this discussion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Diiny, was it just a coincidence that you started voicing actual thoughts right after I asked about it, or was it a reply to my question?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Diiny wrote:How would you feel if I told you I've attempted to tried my Detective Aggressive Scumhunt von Threadleader strats as town on multiple occasions, and got lynched as town in the last game for the reason you're suggesting?
Yeah, that happens to me a lot too.

Current track: Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Joke Shop Man (1:23)

Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Voting random people with no concrete evidence is just as good to get the ball rolling. Random voting phase is a legitimate strategy and not something we made up on rym. If only more people voted randomly and sparked discussion on day...if only.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

He's playing hardball on day 1. He's probably overreacting to provoke reactions. Kinda like Macdougall with a condom.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Roxy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I'll spill the beans when you tell me whether or not it was your intention to provoke reactions with your threat of randomizing, bls :Mongoose:
Both -

I like to go hard and fling shit on day 1, using pressure to gauge reactions not only from the person I'm putting pressure on but from other players, too. If you felt I was being needlessly condescending or aggressive I apologise as that's not my direct intention at all. It does help get the shitstorm brewing, though.

I'm not asking you to change you to convert to those holy words in the Book of Diiny, but I'm nonetheless unapologetically cracking down on behaviour I find potentially anti-town/scummy to try to better understand the motives behind it and hence get a better idea of where I stand on you, provoking reactions for everyone in the process.

And as much as I appreciate that this is your playstyle, there's only so much clemency that being on-meta can invoke from me when that playstyle really doesn't seem that pro-town to me.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

FZ. wrote:Diiny, was it just a coincidence that you started voicing actual thoughts right after I asked about it, or was it a reply to my question?
I saw that after I got stuck in. Looking back at it though it was posted when I was going through the thread replying to shit with some bantz, so I approve of the sentiment
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I am currently listening to Futurama. I find that music tends to wind me up and I need to wind down now.

but Futurama reminds me of Flyin' High and her Futurama game where I was Santa Claus. I miss Flyin' High. Like lots. :sigh: {/ot]
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:He's playing hardball on day 1. He's probably overreacting to provoke reactions. Kinda like Macdougall with a condom.
I think this could be the case. It's a harder variety of hardball than I can recall seeing from Diiny though, so I want him to talk about that. He's also slagging behind in this real-time discourse. Diiny I'm uncomfortable. Come make me feel better. You're methods are highly congruent with mine so long as our alignments align.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas, you've helped a few people by explaining their behavior in a pro-town manner, and your explanations have been valid. I do wonder though whether you've been viewing the thread through the opposite lens: is anything suspicious to you yet?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Oh no, FZ is in Serious Business mode. I don't know why you treat me so bad. Think of all the things we could have had. :workit:

I am not bothered with how I appear in this game, either. Not one bit. I made a statement to the other players, back in the private Syndicate thread, but it's now vanished. It's not my fault you joined the RYM camp and now you seem to be lashing at me for not seeming as consistent as you'd expect like me to be, just because you have such meta on me from previous games.

Anyway, what I said over there can summed like this: I'm immersing in the theme. Incidentally, the Host happened to also issue a contest that totally justifies my plan to have fun and be zany. TH is fun and zany music, so I plan to have fun and be zany. This will not affect my regular gameplay, only add a dimension to it. As for my regular gameplay, I repeat that you may pretend too much from me, 10 hours into Day 1. You're saying I'm talking a lot, without saying anything, but you're accusing me without bringing too much just as well. If you're clinging on the my post on b24, I literally pointed out that I actually questioned him. If my replies haven't satisfied you, it's you shutting the door, not me.

Don't like fun? Lo siento. Take it easy, take it easy. :workit:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Diiny wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Both -

I like to go hard and fling shit on day 1, using pressure to gauge reactions not only from the person I'm putting pressure on but from other players, too. If you felt I was being needlessly condescending or aggressive I apologise as that's not my direct intention at all. It does help get the shitstorm brewing, though.

I'm not asking you to change you to convert to those holy words in the Book of Diiny, but I'm nonetheless unapologetically cracking down on behaviour I find potentially anti-town/scummy to try to better understand the motives behind it and hence get a better idea of where I stand on you, provoking reactions for everyone in the process.

And as much as I appreciate that this is your playstyle, there's only so much clemency that being on-meta can invoke from me when that playstyle really doesn't seem that pro-town to me.
I don't think random day 1 votes is anti-town.

I think random day 2 votes and beyond are anti-town.

But day 1? No I just don't philosophically believe it.

If there were a REALLY great case, maybe I would vote for it. If there were one that was stronger than most of the day 1 cases I read, I might vote for it. But if there is one niggle of doubt about that day 1 case, one thing that might make me think that person could be wrong or could be trying to manipulate me.. YES. I would rather throw my vote on a random person than help lynch a potential civ teammate on shite reasons. How is that anti-town?

This is a philosophical argument and both sides are right in their own way.

I see your side. Can you at least see why people like rox and I might think the way we do? And still have completely civ reasons for doing like we do? As I said several posts ago, both sides are valuable to the civ cause.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:Oh no, FZ is in Serious Business mode. I don't know why you treat me so bad. Think of all the things we could have had. :workit:

I am not bothered with how I appear in this game, either. Not one bit. I made a statement to the other players, back in the private Syndicate thread, but it's now vanished. It's not my fault you joined the RYM camp and now you seem to be lashing at me for not seeming as consistent as you'd expect like me to be, just because you have such meta on me from previous games.

Anyway, what I said over there can summed like this: I'm immersing in the theme. Incidentally, the Host happened to also issue a contest that totally justifies my plan to have fun and be zany. TH is fun and zany music, so I plan to have fun and be zany. This will not affect my regular gameplay, only add a dimension to it. As for my regular gameplay, I repeat that you may pretend too much from me, 10 hours into Day 1. You're saying I'm talking a lot, without saying anything, but you're accusing me without bringing too much just as well. If you're clinging on the my post on b24, I literally pointed out that I actually questioned him. If my replies haven't satisfied you, it's you shutting the door, not me.

I don't have a meta on you from other games. It was just my observation of this game. As for the questioning you claim you did, that wasn't my interpretation of what you did, but okay, I'm backing off a little to make sure I'm not having a tunnel vision.

On to someone else, quiet Epi is never a good thing...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I observe effort but not necessarily hard aggression. The latter is the variable of note in this discussion.
I think you can look at my post history there re thoronir and see the same kind of aggression I'm using in this thread. I also got really pissy at aokiji in that one game where TCB won and I was town.

What does my aggression matter, though? I'm playing the same strats, do you think the intensity of doing so reflects on my alignment? You know, J, that I can feign Scumhunt von Threadleader without getting hyperbolic or over-aggressive. I'm wondering what's making you pursue this line of questioning.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Choutas, you've helped a few people by explaining their behavior in a pro-town manner, and your explanations have been valid. I do wonder though whether you've been viewing the thread through the opposite lens: is anything suspicious to you yet?
The sample is quite small. Most RYMers have barely posted and I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators. Usually when someone acts aggressively I view that as a towntell. There is always a degree of patience and neutrality to a good scum play.
I think the Ricochet vs FZ is a good start. Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh no, FZ is in Serious Business mode. I don't know why you treat me so bad. Think of all the things we could have had. :workit:

I don't have a meta on you from other games. It was just my observation of this game. As for the questioning you claim you did, that wasn't my interpretation of what you did, but okay, I'm backing off a little to make sure I'm not having a tunnel vision.

On to someone else, quiet Epi is never a good thing...
Don't back off, FZ. If you've anything to fling at me, fling it.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

bea wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Both -

I don't think random day 1 votes is anti-town.

I think random day 2 votes and beyond are anti-town.

But day 1? No I just don't philosophically believe it.

If there were a REALLY great case, maybe I would vote for it. If there were one that was stronger than most of the day 1 cases I read, I might vote for it. But if there is one niggle of doubt about that day 1 case, one thing that might make me think that person could be wrong or could be trying to manipulate me.. YES. I would rather throw my vote on a random person than help lynch a potential civ teammate on shite reasons. How is that anti-town?

This is a philosophical argument and both sides are right in their own way.

I see your side. Can you at least see why people like rox and I might think the way we do? And still have completely civ reasons for doing like we do? As I said several posts ago, both sides are valuable to the civ cause.
Yes, I can definitely see and to some level appreciate the mindset behind day 1 random voting even if I don't agree with the strat (we've caught many a scum on day 1 without any bussing), but saying that isn't exactly conducive to putting on pressure like I was trying to do.

You see, my beef wasn't with the random voting per se, it was that I didn't know WHY it was being done/suggested, and that I had a lot of fears that it may be a scum move for scum reasons, hence my attack. Get me, fam?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bea, if you have the slightest suspicion, wouldn't it be better to throw your vote that way instead of voting randomly? There are more civvies than baddies in the game, so a random vote has a higher likelihood of getting civvies dead. If you vote according to your suspicion, even if you end up lynching a townie, it gets discussion going, you can see how others respond to it, and more.

linki: Diiny, the backing off was from Ricco, and I'm backing off a little. I want to follow other paths as well.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think you can look at my post history there re thoronir and see the same kind of aggression I'm using in this thread. I also got really pissy at aokiji in that one game where TCB won and I was town.

What does my aggression matter, though? I'm playing the same strats, do you think the intensity of doing so reflects on my alignment? You know, J, that I can feign Scumhunt von Threadleader without getting hyperbolic or over-aggressive. I'm wondering what's making you pursue this line of questioning.
My concern is that you opened your aggression against Roxy more fervently than was sensible, potentially evidencing that you forced that aggression for the sake of appearance instead of reaction-generation. My assertion here is that you would have made a mistake. I'm not sure that's what happened. Is there an alternative explanation for your aggression beyond just generating reactions?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
Could you show me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Choutas, you've helped a few people by explaining their behavior in a pro-town manner, and your explanations have been valid. I do wonder though whether you've been viewing the thread through the opposite lens: is anything suspicious to you yet?
The sample is quite small. Most RYMers have barely posted and I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators. Usually when someone acts aggressively I view that as a towntell. There is always a degree of patience and neutrality to a good scum play.
I think the Ricochet vs FZ is a good start. Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
You seem to have said in the same phrase "I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators" and "I have enough of an idea to judge a Syndicator".

I don't act agressively in mafia. Try over at Llama & Epignosis inc. I'm an ordinary guy, totally not burning the house.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Could you show me?
"Highly demanding of you for me to have already consistent suspicions. Try not to look so disappointed. :workit: I addressed the current topics, the way I always do."
FZ had a gut feeling about rico and his response was that FZ was asking too much from him. He glibly rejected her accusation. It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.

Also a bonus for the theme
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

our track record - across several sites - is not statistically as good as yours is claiming to be.

I go into games assuming that unless the town is DAMN lucky - we are prolly lynching a civ.

I know Rox from several forums as well. I know she has the same experience as I have had. I don't yet know her alligmnment, but I understand where she is coming from day 1.

As for why - I'm guessing to fleedge out the new site members. It's an OLD argument for us on this site. And sometimes it pops up again even with experienced peeps who've played 11tybillion games with all of us. (*coff*sockhost*coff*)

BUT - you at least can see the other side. It's more than some do. I applaud you for that. Also - I don't think rox was doing it for scum reasons. I think she was also stirring the pot to see what shook out - and you were what shook out. ;) Get me fam? :)

i so don't know what "get me, fam?" means, I just wanted to look cool. God being an old lady sucks. someone give me new slang that doesn't make me look lame!! I'm tired of my staff laughing at me!!! I'm good with language, I swear I won't nub it!!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

that up there was all to diiny..... :sigh: still not used to people being around when I am...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.
Would you agree that Roxy responded in this manner to Diiny when he went after her?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

My concern is that you opened your aggression against Roxy more fervently than was sensible, potentially evidencing that you forced that aggression for the sake of appearance instead of reaction-generation. My assertion here is that you would have made a mistake. I'm not sure that's what happened. Is there an alternative explanation for your aggression beyond just generating reactions?
I'm not sure I understand the argument that I was forcing the aggression for the sake of appearance when you yourself just claimed I don't normally act this aggressively.

Either way, to answer your questions I do what I do to a) generate reactions and b) put pressure on people. I don't understand what you're saying about my 'mistake', do you think I went overboard as town or that I'm failing to emulate as scum?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.
This is how Roxy responded to me AND how I responded to a bunch of allegations, yet you've defended me a couple of times. What's up?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
You seem to have said in the same phrase "I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators" and "I have enough of an idea to judge a Syndicator".

I don't act agressively in mafia. Try over at Llama & Epignosis inc. I'm an ordinary guy, totally not burning the house.
I meant that the main pool of active players comes from the Syndicate in contrast to RYM. Of course I'll be feeling much less secure about my readings regarding players I've never played with. Tbh I've forgotten even the players I've played with(like Metalmarsh or Golden for example). Your exchange with FZ struck me as odd that's all.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Diiny wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Both -

First I *really* do not like flinging shit bc I am a girl and flinging shit sounds dirty and quite gross :p

You can think my behavior anti town/scummy/baddie/etc but idc. Imma play this my way. Your "threats" don't mean anything to me.

I am trying to decide how I feel about you seeing your response to my randomization post. I bring this topic up often in games (especially when MP plays :feb: ) just bc it does bring out the reactions then I judge them to be sincere and genuine or slippery and bad vibe-y.

I do not remember asking you for clemency about my play style and if you have to vote me bc I do not play the way you think I should then by all means be my guest. To me though that is a pretty weak reason for a vote in and of itself.
;)

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”