[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:I swear I will try to pay attention to this game over the weekend, guys. There's some RL drama right now that is sort of consuming my mental faculties. PM me if interested!
I would but I'm scared it would come close to BTSC. Needless to say I wish you the best, and thank you for excusing your current mode of play adequately.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I swear I will try to pay attention to this game over the weekend, guys. There's some RL drama right now that is sort of consuming my mental faculties. PM me if interested!
RL Comes First. Hope everything turns out alright for you! :hugs:
Oh, it will. I'm just a little distracted right now Thanks for the well-wishes!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:linki: All talk is still preferable to nothing whatsoever.
I don't agree. Flooding the thread is a way that can keep quieter civilians disengaged. I get the impression that Elohcin isn't even reading the thread and can't be bothered to do it. She's tired after her day. So am I. I have to work 8 hours a day in a frustrating environment, do the grocery shopping, cook for a family of five, I have a game in sign ups I'm prepping for, and I work on other projects. I do not enjoy reading six pages of posts that's mostly the same back and forth from the same people who don't recognize that, if they are civilians, it would be best to cool it and let the rest of us digest what they've said so we can make up our minds.

And I've done nothing whatsoever? I don't agree with that either.

Going to finish supper and eat now. After that I'll continue with what I'm working on. It isn't proving to be as time consuming as I thought.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't agree. Flooding the thread is a way that can keep quieter civilians disengaged.
That's definitely true. I know I didn't feel like reading the twenty or so pages of material I saw when I got home from a very busy workday.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Which is why I didn't!

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Another observation of the chart: It's a little disconcerting that there is not a single player with more than two "Bad" votes.

linki @Epi: Welcome to RYM. Don't like it? Deal.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote: linki @Epi: Welcome to RYM. Don't like it? Deal.
Rude.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote: linki @Epi: Welcome to RYM. Don't like it? Deal.
Rude.
I am a mirror to my surroundings, which is why I was nice to you.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

In case you don't get it...
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Don't like it? Deal.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Knock knock, Eloh!
Who's there?
Tell.

---
Tell who?
Tell me who your suspects are.
rbz. perhaps you.

I know you probably think I am crazy trying to get the thread to lighten up a little and have some silly fun. Maybe that it a reason I deserve to be lynched.
Choutas wrote: It's almost one o'clock I'm going to sleep sorry. If you're willing to wait 12 hours I have no problem participating.
12 hours? Who sleeps 12 hours? What are you, a teenager? :p
thellama73 wrote:
B is for Baddie. they are all bad.
E is for excellent.
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't agree. Flooding the thread is a way that can keep quieter civilians disengaged.
That's definitely true. I know I didn't feel like reading the twenty or so pages of material I saw when I got home from a very busy workday.
thellama73 wrote:Which is why I didn't!
Shoot, I am glad I am not the only one.

@rbz - I agree with Epi about flooding the thread. I wanted to vote you yesterday and couldn't. I am voting you today.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

As far as I can tell Eloh, because you seconded Epig's comments from Day 2 about me not being bad, but also not being pro-civilian, you seem to agree with him, llama, and perhaps some other Syndicatees that the more frequent posting than what you're used to is a sign that the baddies are trying to take advantage of those of you with busier schedules that can't keep up with the thread. If this is in fact your main concern with me, I will reduce my posts significantly to help out. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic in any way, because if this really is being seen as anti-town by people I have town reads on, then there's no reason for me to continue this way. My aggression towards Epig is just reflecting my belief in the golden rule, and that you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it, which I'm sure he can (if I'm wrong Epig, I apologize in advance). The fact that I don't trust him at all in this game certainly plays a factor in that aggression as well.

If there are any other concerns from you regarding me Eloh, I would like to hear them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:As far as I can tell Eloh, because you seconded Epig's comments from Day 2 about me not being bad, but also not being pro-civilian, you seem to agree with him, llama, and perhaps some other Syndicatees that the more frequent posting than what you're used to is a sign that the baddies are trying to take advantage of those of you with busier schedules that can't keep up with the thread. If this is in fact your main concern with me, I will reduce my posts significantly to help out. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic in any way, because if this really is being seen as anti-town by people I have town reads on, then there's no reason for me to continue this way. My aggression towards Epig is just reflecting my belief in the golden rule, and that you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it, which I'm sure he can (if I'm wrong Epig, I apologize in advance). The fact that I don't trust him at all in this game certainly plays a factor in that aggression as well.

If there are any other concerns from you regarding me Eloh, I would like to hear them.
Even though you don't trust me, I appreciate that- truly.

I'm off to continue what I started while my chicken was in the oven. I think I'll finish tonight. I think I can be done in maybe an hour.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:As far as I can tell Eloh, because you seconded Epig's comments from Day 2 about me not being bad, but also not being pro-civilian, you seem to agree with him, llama, and perhaps some other Syndicatees that the more frequent posting than what you're used to is a sign that the baddies are trying to take advantage of those of you with busier schedules that can't keep up with the thread. If this is in fact your main concern with me, I will reduce my posts significantly to help out. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic in any way, because if this really is being seen as anti-town by people I have town reads on, then there's no reason for me to continue this way. My aggression towards Epig is just reflecting my belief in the golden rule, and that you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it, which I'm sure he can (if I'm wrong Epig, I apologize in advance). The fact that I don't trust him at all in this game certainly plays a factor in that aggression as well.

I appreciate you slowing down a bit with your posting. The reason I initially began to suspect you was b/c you mentioned that you were not happy with a game that was focused on one team winning (something to that effect). I only wish the thread wasn't so full so I could have time to go find the exact quote. But there is just too much to sift through, sorry. Then Epi pointed out that flooding the thread could in fact be a baddie tactic and I agreed with him. I understand that RYMers play differently than we do and that you all talk a whole heck of a lot more. But you have to know that for me, at least, it makes mafia seem like work and no play. Now, I don't know about you, but I have enough work in RL. I play mafia to have some mind-challenging fun. When I come into the thread and see this post tsunami, I lose interest. I'm not saying you have to shut up and keep your thoughts to yourself, but keeping your posts to a minimum would be awesome. I am keeping my vote on you for now...maybe I should be lynched for that.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I love you guys and I love playing mafia when I can.

I love that people are invested and want to play and win.

This is not an issue that is exclusively new for me because of the rym players, there have been some giganty threads before the cross over game.

And it's difficult to keep up. I work alot. So do many people. It took me from my last post to now not counting a 15 minute drive to work to get caught up from my last post. I mean no offence like at all, by by the time you hit inb10, maybe maaaaaybe you are arguing in circles and I quit paying attention to it long before that.

Between my vote last night (I was three pages behind and in the middle of dinner rush when I made it) and when I woke up the thread had grown 13 pages. Ya'll that's a lot for someone with limited free time. Please don't not post your feelings, just try to be understanding of those of us who already struggle to keep up. Please with a cherry on top.

I did not play the king author game that golden references, but from my understanding from the stories I've heard, it's consistent with how he's behaving here.

Willy's post on the votes is impressive. Nicely done.

That said, everything sorsha has done and said from the start 9f the game has mirrored how I've felt and would have responded were I in her shoes. From the day 1.

The only real issue I have of either of them is that they seem quick to name me bad based on a theory and not what I've done and said. It feels like they are not giving me the same benefit of the doubt that I willing to give them. That saddens me, but I will get over it because I love them.

As for everything else, I need time to think. It's VERY difficult to think and go back over things when I'm always behind, rest assured I am doing the very best I can.

That said it's time for Friday night dinner in the pizza shop. God help me.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I haven't done anything like this before, and I don't know how helpful it would be, but I went through Long Con's two bad games here in which he had a normal team. I examined the first four phases only, and I did not examine games I felt weren't true Mafia (meaning Monopoly, Fight Club, and Flash).

In Bullets Over Broadway:

Bass- 3 mentions, (soft suspicion)
TH- 2 mentions, (civilian in rainbow list)

++++

In Monty Python:

DF- 0 (no mention until after DF was lynched, and then a post of happiness)
Bullzeye- 1 (disagreed with juliets about her assessment of Bullzeye)
Enrique- 1 (talks to him OT), 1 (Says Enrique is being sincere in his face off with llama), 2 (soft defense of Enrique), 1 (talks to him about what languages he knows- game related though)

++++

So in the early game, Long Con doesn't gun for his teammates in an aggressive manner. I understand two games hardly constitute a trend, but I went into this not knowing what data I might unearth. Still, it might be helpful.

What I get from the second game is that he is okay using his teammates to set up civilians. If he did so on a team of four, he would readily do so on a team of seven.

This makes me consider bea.

Hello bea. :suspish:

++++

Side note: Funny enough, LC did the "early vote to guage reactions" gag (but he did it well after I was dead and gone, and so I didn't read it because I had moved on)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now I'll be looking at Long Con's posts with the above in mind.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Elohcin wrote:

I appreciate you slowing down a bit with your posting. The reason I initially began to suspect you was b/c you mentioned that you were not happy with a game that was focused on one team winning (something to that effect). I only wish the thread wasn't so full so I could have time to go find the exact quote. But there is just too much to sift through, sorry. Then Epi pointed out that flooding the thread could in fact be a baddie tactic and I agreed with him. I understand that RYMers play differently than we do and that you all talk a whole heck of a lot more. But you have to know that for me, at least, it makes mafia seem like work and no play. Now, I don't know about you, but I have enough work in RL. I play mafia to have some mind-challenging fun. When I come into the thread and see this post tsunami, I lose interest. I'm not saying you have to shut up and keep your thoughts to yourself, but keeping your posts to a minimum would be awesome. I am keeping my vote on you for now...maybe I should be lynched for that.
That's fine, I'm not exactly worried about your vote getting me lynched or anything. :P

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from with this. I'll even bring up the post for you:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
I'm pretty sure that this is the post you're referring to because this is the one that Epignosis responded to by saying that I am not pro-civilian. I stand by what I said, but do not take this to mean (as I think you and possibly Epig might have) that if the civilians were far in the lead in a game that I would go against my civ-aligned role card just to spice things up. That wouldn't even be fun for me because if you're not going to follow what your role card says, what is the point of the game at all? I do think Mafia is the most fun when there's no telling who's winning, but I think it's even more fun to be...well, winning. I think it goes to show that I used the baddies winning as an example of something I did not want to happen.

Here is my mindset regarding the differences between Syndicate and RYM playstyles, and please keep in mind that I'm only speaking for myself: To me, RYM has a more laid-back attitude towards the formalities of the game of Mafia, which results in more posts and more reckless, undisciplined scumhunting, while The Syndicate prioritizes cunning tactics and making sure every post fits a clear agenda, regardless of alignment. Generally, the Syndicate style that I have observed, both in the past and present...is actually closer to what I would consider "work" because of the way I feel more obligated to carefully analyze each and every post that a fellow player makes. This is by no means a problem for me as I refuse to take the game too seriously regardless, I'm just trying to demonstrate this mindset to help you understand where I'm coming from.

If the massive quantity of posting is too much to handle and my reduction of posts doesn't solve this issue of yours and a few of your fellow Syndicatees, my best advice would be to try to adapt to these surroundings the same way I adapt to both RYM games and Syndicate games, that being: Relax, don't feel obligated to carefully read and re-read every single post that gets posted. After all, you said yourself you play mafia to have some mind-challenging fun. Look at what JJJ did when he found himself unable to properly keep up...he employed a new strategy based off gauging reactions based on his behaviour. That strategy that he used at the end of Day 2 is sort of an exaggerated version of the same strategy that I use in every Mafia game I have ever played, for the entirety of each game. But in JJJ's case, it's because he couldn't catch up, while in my case, it's because I'm too lazy to carefully read everything period. Anyway, take this with a grain of salt of course (you and anyone else reading this having a problem with the post magnitude), and happy scumhunting.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Hi epi. I am lc's suffering patsy. :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:Hi epi. I am lc's suffering patsy. :noble:
I would believe it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ATTENTION ANYONE READING THIS THAT IS NOT CAUGHT UP AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED

If you only have the energy to examine a single piece of the puzzle right now, this is pretty much the only thing you need to look at. It's very current, and there's a lot of deductions and hypotheses/conclusions that can be made from examining it. Credit to JaggedJimmyJay:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28koosy.jpg
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I guess those who haven't caught up might need some more context on that image. It consists of a game JJJ championed where myself, JJJ, Mac, and Golden stated gun-to-head reads on every single player with only "Good" and "Bad" as the available options, no "Neutral". As you can see, it's a little disconcerting that there was not one player that more than two of us thought was bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I would say that's not disconcerting: I would say that's the product of two things:

1) Small sample size
2) 30+ players in a game at once, many of whom are unfamiliar with one another.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Can I just repeat that Golden has a gun to head town read on Sorsha and has voted for her... Like how is that not the most important thing to come out of that game?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:I would say that's not disconcerting: I would say that's the product of two things:

1) Small sample size
I don't mean disconcerting in the sense that it looks bad for anyone in particular, only that it means we don't have as clear of a lynch candidate today as I thought we would after Long Con flipped bad.
MacDougall wrote:Can I just repeat that Golden has a gun to head town read on Sorsha and has voted for her... Like how is that not the most important thing to come out of that game?
Because if you look at Golden's posts since the end of Day 2, particularly his interactions and deliberate failure to properly communicate with both me and JJJ, it looks like he just wants to get lynched for whatever reason (voting for someone he thinks is good is one of many, MANY contradictions he's made recently, which is why this one doesn't stand out to me) and he even said as much. To Golden I say...watch out, you might get what you're after!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What are some of the other reads from that game that stand out to you as unexpected or noteworthy, Mac?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I would say that's not disconcerting: I would say that's the product of two things:

1) Small sample size
I don't mean disconcerting in the sense that it looks bad for anyone in particular, only that it means we don't have as clear of a lynch candidate today as I thought we would after Long Con flipped bad.
Okay, understood.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:

1) Small sample size
Okay, understood.
I like your recent activity with the Long Con metascan so you're off the hook for now. Which means...my vote is back to Sorsha. I'm not as comfortable with this vote as I was last time because her defenses are pretty good, but Wilgy made too damning of an observation earlier for me to go with anyone else.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:

1) Small sample size
Okay, understood.
I like your recent activity with the Long Con metascan so you're off the hook for now. Which means...my vote is back to Sorsha. I'm not as comfortable with this vote as I was last time because her defenses are pretty good, but Wilgy made too damning of an observation earlier for me to go with anyone else.
Well, let's work out who could be a Long Con teammate. Sensibly. :) That's The Syndicate way. :mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:What are some of the other reads from that game that stand out to you as unexpected or noteworthy, Mac?
Nothing really. That aside it just looks like a bunch of nothing.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:

1) Small sample size
Okay, understood.
Well, let's work out who could be a Long Con teammate. Sensibly. :) That's The Syndicate way. :mafia:
I'm up for it; I live for changing the pace. What are your top picks?
MacDougall wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:What are some of the other reads from that game that stand out to you as unexpected or noteworthy, Mac?
You don't think it's unexpected or noteworthy that I voted for motel room as bad when I haven't made any indication that I thought so before?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Sorry for lack of posting, I've had heaps of mental shit going on.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:

1) Small sample size
Okay, understood.
I'm up for it; I live for changing the pace. What are your top picks?
MacDougall wrote:
You don't think it's unexpected or noteworthy that I voted for motel room as bad when I haven't made any indication that I thought so before?
No. It was gun to head. I did the same with Matt F. I have no overwhelming thought on him. He made me tingle once. Nowhere near some others. It's not worthy of consideration and you look bad to me for trying to dwell on something so pointless.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

These are the people LC talked about:

Voted Choutas and reywaS for CEO.

His second post names me in a point of clarification.

He thanks Sorsha and Roxy for the CEO vote.

He congratulates 3J and Wilgy.

Then this, which we are later told is a ruse:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
There are multiple people here who have opinions about who is good but none about who is bad. Since we know this post is a ruse, then why did Long Con choose bea? Notice he didn't make a strong case on her.

bea's reply is thus:
Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Srrsly? Lamest day 1 vote ever LC. I haven't stated at all who I think is civ with confidence. My whole argument is I don't know yet who is or isn't . It's like you aren't even reading my posts....

I expect better from you tbh.
If you say so. My vote is staying where it is for now.
++++

Then there's a soft suspicion of Roxy. Doesn't think me or JJJ voted together (or Wilgy) as mafia.

He gives a big suspicion of bea, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Sig is a little suspicious.

Defends Russ's "I have to read before I post"

Tell rundontwalk: "You sure can, in this poll at least. Just bold it in the thread as well."

"Liked" a post by Ricochet against bcornett24.

Corrects sig's grammar and says "our explanation as to why you would be going back over your posts makes a lot of sense to me."

Tells 3J he forgot to bold his vote in the thread.

Comments on FZ.'s opinion that "quiet Epi is never good" and pushes her on it while at the same time raising his hand. To me this indicates FZ. is good.

Gets pissed at Rbzmncaeaei for accusing him of not reading the thread. LC mentions real life responsibilities. Rbz apologizes and LC says not to worry about it.

++++

I'm going to stop here to take a break.

This is funny:
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
Sorry, sig, I just really couldn't remember who the third player involved was. I think it's because your name is so short and lowercase, maybe. Let's not have distance. *offers hug*

I'll go back and let you know what I saw in bea's posts.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:

1) Small sample size
Okay, understood.
I was going to go back and read the end of that lynch next. Something's got to stick out.

The casino gods were not good to me. They took my money and never gave it back :(
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Mac, what in the world? How is it pointless to try and look for something to chew on and speculate over? I'm not even focusing on any one thing, unlike you, the way you're focusing on Golden's vote for Sorsha when that's not the least bit unusual.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, posting this for posterity.

Sorsha
Devin the Omniscient (7), Bullzeye (8), Matt F (9), DrWilgy (10), Golden (11), Rbzmncaeaei (18)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Since reywaS hasn't posted for 4 days, he is being forcibly replaced.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Effective immediately, RadicalFuzz is replacing reywaS.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

Welcome RadicalFuzz glad to have you here, know a question will you lynch Golden with me today or fall for the nefarious plotting of the mafia and lynch Sorsha? \

@Epi why is that funny?
Golden why if you think Sorsha is clean are you still voting for her who else would you vote for over her?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This post is about zebra and 3J. It's complex, so I won't describe it. Look at it yourself.

LC talks a lot to 3J about bolds and colors though. He's a graphic designer, but it seems a like a pointless discussion to have.

Tells Rico "Good eye" and "Roxy must be punished."

First interaction with Golden.

The next post is his big reveal that his bea suspicion is fake:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:LC's vote for Bea did strike me as fake...
I have to get ready and leave for work soon, so it's time to cast a real vote. The bea vote was actually fake. I thought, since votes are changeable, I'd make a fake case and see if I could catch any opportunistic baddies trying to latch on to it and follow the vote. It didn't really bear fruit; looking over BWT's reasons for voting bea, he is coming from a completely different angle. The truth is, bea's behaviour is pretty normal for her, and I don't suspect her much at all.

My real vote today will go to sig. Despite the reasonable explanation he had for my original suspicion of him (that he was crafting his posts too much, in a baddie way), I've found a few of his reactions suspicious. His reaction that I was "distancing" from him when I forgot he was the third player involved in an earlier discussion was bizarre, as was his assertion that I (and others) are "desperate to try and get him lynched".

sig, saying we're desperate to try and get you lynched strikes me in two ways, neither of them making me feel comfortable about you. On one hand, it's overdefensive and paranoid, and on the other, it's a way to buffalo us out of voting for you... because who wants to looks "desperate" to lynch someone on Day 1?

It's not much, but it's the behaviour I found most suspicious today, and it's time for me to lock in a vote.

Sorry for using you, bea! :haha:
At this stage, Long Con doesn't expect to get lynched. What I don't understand is why he would vote someone in the same post that he exposed his (failed) gambit. Oh well.

But LC defends bea out of it. He goes from pretending to suspect bea (falsely) to defending bea.

I'm voting bea now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[quote="sig"]@Epi why is that funny?/quote]

It said, "Let's not have distance." How is that not funny to you?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI, given the relatively high volume of posts as well as this game's progression, I will not be replacing players after Day 4 at the latest, even if I have replacements available. To replace anyone later than that would be a disservice.

Modkills will subsequently occur.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:This post is about zebra and 3J. It's complex, so I won't describe it. Look at it yourself.

LC talks a lot to 3J about bolds and colors though. He's a graphic designer, but it seems a like a pointless discussion to have.

Tells Rico "Good eye" and "Roxy must be punished."

First interaction with Golden.

The next post is his big reveal that his bea suspicion is fake:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:LC's vote for Bea did strike me as fake...
I have to get ready and leave for work soon, so it's time to cast a real vote. The bea vote was actually fake. I thought, since votes are changeable, I'd make a fake case and see if I could catch any opportunistic baddies trying to latch on to it and follow the vote. It didn't really bear fruit; looking over BWT's reasons for voting bea, he is coming from a completely different angle. The truth is, bea's behaviour is pretty normal for her, and I don't suspect her much at all.

My real vote today will go to sig. Despite the reasonable explanation he had for my original suspicion of him (that he was crafting his posts too much, in a baddie way), I've found a few of his reactions suspicious. His reaction that I was "distancing" from him when I forgot he was the third player involved in an earlier discussion was bizarre, as was his assertion that I (and others) are "desperate to try and get him lynched".

sig, saying we're desperate to try and get you lynched strikes me in two ways, neither of them making me feel comfortable about you. On one hand, it's overdefensive and paranoid, and on the other, it's a way to buffalo us out of voting for you... because who wants to looks "desperate" to lynch someone on Day 1?

It's not much, but it's the behaviour I found most suspicious today, and it's time for me to lock in a vote.

Sorry for using you, bea! :haha:
At this stage, Long Con doesn't expect to get lynched. What I don't understand is why he would vote someone in the same post that he exposed his (failed) gambit. Oh well.

But LC defends bea out of it. He goes from pretending to suspect bea (falsely) to defending bea.

I'm voting bea now.
Ok. But I'm a civ. So you are voting a civ. I live how it occurs to none of the people who know and play with me regularly what a nub and easy mark I was for lc. That's cool though. Do what you must.
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

I played the game as i was reading through the thread. then i got to the bit where you had already polled it up and was like aww, but i'll post it anyway even if it is just a lone post
I also don't get why some people are so against (unless they scum) playing it. it is a good quick way to get a nice vibe of where everyone is at. getting all standish off over refusing to play the game is a bit strange to.
like why are people telling people to vote for them just cause they refuse to play the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:BCORNETT

BEA

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

bad

bad

good

good
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:CHOUTAS

DEVIN

DIINY

DRWILGY

Good

bad

bad

good
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS

ESPERS

FZ

good

bad

bad

good
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GOLDEN

JJJ

MACDOUGALL

MATT F

good

good

good

good
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MARSH

MOTEL ROOM

ZEBRA

REYWAS

good

good

bad

bad
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:RICOCHET

ROXY

RUNDONTWALK

RUSSTIFINKO
good

good

bad

bad
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:SEASIDE

SIG

SORSHA

STRAWHENGE

good

good

bad

good
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:THEFLOYD73

THELLAMA73
good

bad
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Disclaimer: While I have subbed in, I will be unavailable for the most part until either Sunday night or Monday morning. I have a little time in between, but I imagine most of that will be catching up. Just keep that in mind, whether you decide to lynch me or leave me be until I get caught up.
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

sig wrote:I'm not sure about this Sorsha lynch how do they usually act when they are about to be lynched as a mafia and civ? This really does come down to how Sorsha usually acts she seems very defeated which is strange since she only has a few votes. I want to say this behavior is scummy, but it just seems so scummy that I'm thinking it might not be. She did defend LC but so did quite a few people what I find more strange is her reaction and just what seems to be a giving attitude.

So Sorsha who do you think is mafia and who do you think are civs?
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Let's try this again.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
Are you saying that the (first?) most pingy is the Seaside comment? That's what strikes out to me the most.
I think that one actually reflects decently well on Seaside. I read it as LC seeing an opportunity to policy lynch someone for a dumb reason and taking advantage.
Interesting.

Polite request that as many people as possible express their thoughts on this matter. I think it looks bad for Seaside, JJJ seems to think it "reflects decently well" for him. What are your thoughts?

linki: Toodle-oo
And since apparently this is necessary, here is the post I am talking about:
Long Con wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Seaside until he explains his numerous arbitrary reads to satisfaction.
Your view of Seaside is right and I agree with it it's just that he told me before the game starts that he'll try his best to get lynched early in order to have more free time. It might sound ridiculous but I know Seaside and he's frankly ridiculous. On the other hand if he stops playing midway he'll be a problem to the mods and us.

It's a lose-lose situation to me.
Ugh. It makes me want to lynch him, but not because I particularly believe he was handed a Mafia card at the start. It's ugly, and ugly is such a smelly word.
Now just a reminder, both Strawhenge and myself think that this post here looks very bad for seaside, while JJJ thinks the very same post makes it look good for him. Meanwhile, MacDougall and seaside don't know what post I'm talking about. What are your thoughts?
I think this is bad for Seaside, it seems like Long Con made this post as a back up. He could have turned around and voted for Seaside if he had to then used this post to defend his later in the phase vote when Seaside flipped mafia. Usually those who vote late on a mafia lynch are examined so that could be the reason,
This could also have been a set up to lynch a civilian however, if this was the case we would need to look over those who pushed the Seaside lynch.

Golden defended Long Con yesterday, yet he isn't getting much flak over that compared to Sorsha.

At this point I'm unsure of a Sorsha lynch, I could go for a Golden or maybe a Seaside lynch.
So here is my question what is everyone's thoughts on Golden and his defense of Long Con as well as this post.
Golden wrote:Long Con, JJJ, bea, ricochet, Dr Wilgy, sig.. one more... possibly MM.

That's where my head is at right now.
What is everyone's thoughts on Seaside. Could he be mafia and was attempting to wallflower but when he started to get heat he posted and everything was redirected? I bring this up partly because of Long Con's post about him.
i don't really understand how what i said to someone before the game started, before i received my rolecard could reflect negatively on me.
you'll notice, i was the one who placed the vote on long con to put him in the lead (above me) for the kill. after which others added their votes to confirm the kill.
if i was his scum buddy, i could of easily placed my vote on bcornett or one or two others (i forget who else was sitting on 2 votes at the time maybe mac? and someone else?) to level them up to 3 votes each. with the number of people who still voted, i could of still lived. why would i risk my scum mates life (only reason i could think of is if the other people on 2 votes were also scum?) when i could vote for someone else?

if that doesn't hold more ground than some wishy washy post from long con then people need to get some perspective.
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

anyway, i feel pretty good about the sorsha lynch
although, certain lurkers are giving me pause
so i'll keep my vote on them, in hope that they will start to contribute more
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

Welcome Fuzz. Good to see you.

Has anyone not posted since LC's lynch? I may have missed it but I haven't seen MM post in awhile. I wonder where my companion has gone...

JJJ and Seaside, how did LC's flip affect your stance on Bcornett if at all?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by espers »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:So JJJ, Why do you think lynching Sorsha is a mistake?
I wouldn't use such strong language as "it's a mistake" quite yet, but I am beginning to doubt the case against her. I feel her content reflects her explanation of that content very acutely, and in a way that isn't easy to simply read-and-report. I also think she has done a nice job of answering questions with believable and meaningful content -- I am reminded of my earlier conversations with sig who I'd suspected and more recently began to trust.

There's also the fact that 7 votes poured onto Sorsha without a hint of resistance.

What are your current misgivings about Sorsha in light of the defenses she has provided most recently in response to my queries?
what kind of resistance would you expect to see if she's town? or are you implying you think there's scum involvement on her wagon?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”