MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
sig wrote:Could you point it out?
She knows I am civ. You can tell by the way she phrased the first sentence and also the defense of me when I was absent was confident because she knows my alignment.
I'm confident because I have a civ read of you, not because I KNOW you are civ.

linki - Yup, this is what I am talking about.
You do!? But I am trying so hard to be scummy.

Can you give me some pointers on playing like a scum?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If I had to guess the alignments of epi, Golden, Zebs and MattF I would say scum, scum, scum, cum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How long until the day ends so I can vote for the player I feel is most civ at the last minute and get them lynched?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

I'm not sure on Zebra but if we could get a few lynches on her that might reveal some information about her alignment.
Why Golden and Epi though?

lini: it ends at 10 est I think?
If ya really wanna cause trouble tie up the vote between me and nutelle :srsnod:
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:As a townie, I always try to be exactly honest about how confident I am. There is a reason I'm fighting for sig to stay and nutella to go... it's because I'm confident. I'm not sure how this does not remind you of, say, my insistence about sanmateo and aether in 87? I was very measured and careful about my suspicion, but also consistent and correct. What part of my baddie game analogue is this? In my baddie game (the only one I had on RYM)... I tried to get brian lynched over and over for days, same with seaside. I don't think this is an honest analysis of what you remember from RYM at all. If I had any 'eh' game, it was 88 where I was civ.
But you weren't confident just a little while ago. You don't remind me anything of yourself going after sanmateo, where I was all "Well I think it's just his meta" and you impress us all with your "Don't care, he looks like scum to me" and knock down mafia a peg on day 1. Does this look confident?
Golden wrote:Civvie sig's defenses rarely make 'sense', as such, he ties himself into knots. I don't think, however, that as a baddie he would come out and say that the baddies are 'currently' doing x, it doesn't make sense to me as being a scumslip. Plus, the bandwagon has been too easy.

Who else do you suspect? What do you think of the points that have been made on nutella? Are there other people I should be looking at? I don't really have a good idea of who people should vote for, but I think I've had a decent idea of who we shouldn't vote for. I'm not putting my vote anywhere in the dom/svs/epi triangle.

@Sorsha - there are not specific players in there that I'm suspicious of, as such, but it wouldn't surprise me if the existing votes include one or two mafia. I think Bullzeye was sincere in making his case.
You're not insistent, you did mention a couple very minor things early in the game so I can call you consistent, but insistent no.

When I say "Eh" game, I don't mean off-game or anything. I mean lacking a specific kind of conviction. The bcornett point is interesting actually; sticking with one mild candidate would be much more in line with what I'm seeing here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:@Turnip what do you think about Zebra, and zebra what do you think about Turnip curious with how the day phase went what your views on each other are know opposed to last phase.
:ponder:

What exactly do you mean by this?
Well you two haven't had much interaction in the thread and I'm wondering what you both think of the other. Has your views on each other changed from the last phase into this one?

I thought the meaning of my question was quite clear. :nicenod:
:ponder:

I feel okay about Zebra right now, though I don't think we see eye to eye on our suspicions.

I find it interesting that you asked this very specific question.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:Ok, the thread is open. I deleted the placeholder poll, so there is no timer again. Sorry I fucked up. 10pm EST Sunday is the end.
Yup 10PM Est
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Where are you rey?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

This is the last I will speak of this pointless conflict between Epi and I.

"That's not what I said" can be interpreted as both an accusation of misquotation as well an accusation of inappropriate extrapolation. Since you didn't specify, I think most people would default to misquotation as being what the accusation was. You didn't, because you are more civilized than the rest of us uneducated folk, but if you had given us (read: me) the courtesy of specifying what you meant initially, you could have saved some time and energy on both of our parts. I think communication is more about knowing who you're talking to than what the "proper" interpretation of a statement is, but that's just me.

linki @ Mac - I don't know, if I'm scum then you've caught me red-handed (based on the laziest scumslip accusation I've seen since probably not that long ago) so I'm not sure why you would want my advice.

linki @ sig - CAN WE LYNCH THIS PLEASE LMAO WTF
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What is 10pm est?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:This is the last I will speak of this pointless conflict between Epi and I.

"That's not what I said" can be interpreted as both an accusation of misquotation as well an accusation of inappropriate extrapolation. Since you didn't specify, I think most people would default to misquotation as being what the accusation was. You didn't, because you are more civilized than the rest of us uneducated folk, but if you had given us (read: me) the courtesy of specifying what you meant initially, you could have saved some time and energy on both of our parts. I think communication is more about knowing who you're talking to than what the "proper" interpretation of a statement is, but that's just me.

linki @ Mac - I don't know, if I'm scum then you've caught me red-handed (based on the laziest scumslip accusation I've seen since probably not that long ago) so I'm not sure why you would want my advice.

Becauss I want to spend time with you because I like you.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:What is 10pm est?
United States East Coast timezone.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:I'm not sure on Zebra but if we could get a few lynches on her that might reveal some information about her alignment.

If ya really wanna cause trouble tie up the vote between me and nutelle :srsnod:
Sig. Fuck brah. How long to go.

I just feel like Epi and Golden are scum because I feel it would be great.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:When I say "Eh" game, I don't mean off-game or anything. I mean lacking a specific kind of conviction. The bcornett point is interesting actually; sticking with one mild candidate would be much more in line with what I'm seeing here.
You think that post lacks conviction about civ? Or just nutella? That is a different thing...

Because I am feeling confident, consistent and insistent about sig. And nutella is the only other genuine option on the table right now.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:I'm not sure on Zebra but if we could get a few lynches on her that might reveal some information about her alignment.
Seriously does no one else see this? This alone is lynch-worthy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:When I say "Eh" game, I don't mean off-game or anything. I mean lacking a specific kind of conviction. The bcornett point is interesting actually; sticking with one mild candidate would be much more in line with what I'm seeing here.
You think that post lacks conviction about civ? Or just nutella? That is a different thing...

Because I am feeling confident, consistent and insistent about sig. And nutella is the only other genuine option on the table right now.
Nah juliets could be on the table. That would be great.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I just feel like Epi and Golden are scum because I feel it would be great.
It was pretty great in Guess Who.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
Seriously does no one else see this? This alone is lynch-worthy.
Oh definitely. But lynching scum right now seems to be not the agenda of currently active players as the lack of votes on juliets attests to.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:And also, HB... if you feel it's a catch 22 because you'd sooner lynch a civilian than have me after you tomorrow...

If someone says they will be after me, and I'm a civilian, I shrug and say 'bring it on'. I'll still vote for who I think is bad, and I won't care how it looks.
Sure, and I'm not one to easily get pressured either. I enjoy the fight, but it still smells of an easy set-up (before the lynch is even called) should your biggest scumspect flip scum. Many people going after nutella don't even seem to be acknowledging your specific case, but it makes it look like you were the one that drove the whole thing to begin with. I like how still no one has suspected you for jumping off the tally at 4-4-4 in favor for BUG, when a lot of this case against her seems to involve BUG and some potentially-meaningless tie to begin with. People are dedicated to a sig or a nutella lynch and that's just how it's going to be.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:

Sig. Fuck brah. How long to go.

I just feel like Epi and Golden are scum because I feel it would be great.
About one hour, it would be great for you to tie me and Nutelle by voting for nutelle.

@Turnip Thanks for answering
:eye:

linki: Zebra it was a joke I'm channeling Mac. :beer:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:This is the last I will speak of this pointless conflict between Epi and I.

My response: :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Excuse me sigtown. Who would you vote for if you were scum, town or indy? Name three.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:

Lacking conviction about nutella being scum. You frame it as "Well, it's the best we've got".

Why isn't Mac a genuine option?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:

Becauss I want to spend time with you because I like you.
:)

Check out my scum performance in Misfits. It's the only game I've won on this site to date.

linki @ Epi - k
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HburgerBoiiii. How are ya? Who are you guys gonna get lynched here?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, HB, if you think I'm setting up for nutella to flip bad because I'm her teammate, why don't you vote nutella to see if you are right? :p

@HB - how many votes does Mac have? How many people with their votes committed are actually coming back to the thread in the last hour? It's not like RYM around here, the last hour is not going to see everyone recast their votes. This lynch will be sig or nutella, I guarantee it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Golden wrote:

Lacking conviction about nutella being scum. You frame it as "Well, it's the best we've got".

Why isn't Mac a genuine option?
Dudebroski. Do u think we should lynch juliets in light of the fact that I am heaps town?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Well, HB, if you think I'm setting up for nutella to flip bad because I'm her teammate, why don't you vote nutella to see if you are right? :p

@HB - how many votes does Mac have? How many people with their votes committed are actually coming back to the thread in the last hour? It's not like RYM around here, the last hour is not going to see everyone recast their votes. This lynch will be sig or nutella, I guarantee it.
Nah we can lynch juliets for sure.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:If I had to guess the alignments of epi, Golden, Zebs and MattF I would say scum, scum, scum, cum.
You flatter me, sir. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:Well, HB, if you think I'm setting up for nutella to flip bad because I'm her teammate, why don't you vote nutella to see if you are right? :p

Tying the lynch up would make things fair and at least ease my conscience. I'm still considering it.

And yeah, I'm realizing you're right. When I was pushing Mac over sig and nutella I think nutella still only had a vote or two, several hours ago, but a lot of people have already mentioned casting their votes for the day. Last-minute poll flips are usually a fetish of mine, so I'll have to get used to being louder around that apparent t-minus 6 sweet spot if I want to influence things here.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:If I had to guess the alignments of epi, Golden, Zebs and MattF I would say scum, scum, scum, cum.
You flatter me, sir. :beer:
lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sigtastic u gonna answer my question bruvaluvadingdong?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I just feel like Epi and Golden are scum because I feel it would be great.
It was pretty great in Guess Who.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

:evileye:
HamburgerBoy wrote:

Tying the lynch up would make things fair and at least ease my conscience. I'm still considering it.

And yeah, I'm realizing you're right. When I was pushing Mac over sig and nutella I think nutella still only had a vote or two, several hours ago, but a lot of people have already mentioned casting their votes for the day. Last-minute poll flips are usually a fetish of mine, so I'll have to get used to being louder around that apparent t-minus 6 sweet spot if I want to influence things here.
You were pushing me? Dude that is straight up not kind.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:Excuse me sigtown. Who would you vote for if you were scum, town or indy? Name three.
scum nutelle
town nutelle/Elohcin
indy nutelle

Or do you mean if I wasn't about to get lynched? If not it would be
scum BUGLABUSH/Luke
town Bulls/Elohcin
indy I'd go with a bandwagon and flow with it.
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Mac, what would you think about a Floyd lynch?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Mac, what would you think about a Floyd lynch?
I think it would result in Floyd being lynched.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:

OK. Now that you see what I mean about it being sig or nutella, do you understand my side of this conversation? I do have conviction about sig and I think I've been very consistent about that. I didn't mean to put you in a catch 22, but from my perspective I gave you the option to vote nutella over sig on that basis after you said you would given the choice between the two, and you flip flopped.

I do feel a lot better about you after this convo though.

Also when it's one or the other I only feel the need to have conviction on one. I think the case on nutella is good, but I'm more convinced that the case on sig and the bandwagon that formed on him are terribly bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:juliets
Yes. You are my hero.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Where in the world is this thread going?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote:
Yes. You are my hero.
Why did you vote for me Turnip Head?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Excuse me sigtown. Who would you vote for if you were scum, town or indy? Name three.
scum nutelle
town nutelle/Elohcin
indy nutelle

Or do you mean if I wasn't about to get lynched? If not it would be
scum BUGLABUSH/Luke
town Bulls/Elohcin
indy I'd go with a bandwagon and flow with it.
Nah you are lying.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

About?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Yes. You are my hero.
Gummonnnn. Juliets is lurking hard and not contributing to this hunt at all.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Where were you during your AMA session on your sudden Dom vote? I asked you something. Now another unexplained vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Yes. You are my hero.
My vote on Dom wasn't doing anything. I just want to see what happens.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I've kind of lost track of the reasons, if there are any, that people are voting for me. I would defend myself if I (a) had time to do so and (b) knew what I was defending that I haven't explained already.

Unfortunately I kind of agree with Golden in that I'm wary of the sig wagon, but not so much that I'd risk myself to prevent it, so my vote's going on sig since the votes are so close. :\
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:About?
The people you would hypothetically vote for. You also took way too long to answer because you mulled over what the best answers would be and to top it off your answers as to who you would vote for as scum with no vote on you indicates you know nutella is a mislynch.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Where were you during your AMA session on your sudden Dom vote? I asked you something. Now another unexplained vote.
What did you ask me? I missed it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”