Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 1

Post by Kent Brockman »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Psst.

Want to know a secret?
I'm a-scared.
I got my name because when I drink a good bit...

...I make it flow in grass!
Yes, your greatuncle, Sigobert Flowingrass wiped out an entire Sunrise Pixie village that way. Since then we no longer build on the ground :p
Yet you stick out your tongue!?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

I'm flitting around about 30 feet over your head, so I am not worried :p
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Going to the wood. I feel comfortable in the woods.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:I'll be happy to join in the Grimmspeak later on, but for now I need to vote and time is short! (As long as what I heard about the poll close time was correct.)

My vote will go to Eurolyvn. I find nothing wrong with Euro Livin' in most cases, but she has, in my opinion, contributed little to discussion, and she admitted to following Fane's vote to join the Table of Happiness. It's a small ping, admittedly, but it'll do for Day 1.

I also want to caution other voters against spreading the vote too much. There are only 4 mafia as far as we know, but this level of spread is still well within manipulation range for 4.
I did not choose to sit at the Happiness table because of Fane, I only joined him in the sense he had opted to sit at the table I was leaning towards already. Everyone playing in character made me feel like I should have said more than "Voted Happiness." or one such other common statement of intention, lol. In other words, don't make too much of that statement.

As to this current choice before us, We fauns feel most comfortable within the woods so I am most likely to choose that option, but I want to ask a question first.

Dear hostesses, does anyone have info on these current options?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

I do hope it gets easier. All these places seem rather shady to be honest lol. But.... I think I will choose the castle. I feel the safest there than for wild beasts to chase me through woods or into Grandma-ma's cottage to be trapped with no way out. :lorab:
Fractal
sprityo
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I mourn for the loss of the beloved Sleeping Beauty.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

:(
To be recycled
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Well writ fellow hostess!!! (srrsly -I've got some standards to live up to with this NP. *bites nails*)

Thank you so much for playing Callic Lusterhair. I shall miss you :noble:

Socky! Awesome new smileys!!!!! :D does :bea: work yet? ;) (ahhh..it'll happen eventually. :) )

AND YOU! MR. FLOWINGGRASS!!!! You are just DARN lucky you greased the wheels with more wine. I've got at least one :eye: on the stock though sir. And ask around. I take GREAT care of my stock. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Sorry to see you go, Caillic! The Lost Underworld Gargoyles will welcome your spirit to our abode. (And try to get directions on your way down; we really need to get out of here!)

Thanks for your response to my vote, Euro Livin'. That does make me feel better about you.

Being a Gargoyle, I would feel most at home in a castle. However, this Lady's practical side wonders if this poll functions in the same manner as Day 0's. Perhaps a table with fewer place settings receives a boon, or perhaps we will be forced to vote for members of other tables. Time will tell whether the practical or sentimental side of my stone heart wins out.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Oh, and a hearty welcome to Renfrew! If your posts to this point are any indication, you're an excellent chap to have at a party!
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

I'm going to my grandma's house, that's where I shall feel the safest tonight.
Management
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Eurolyvn - no one will ever have info on the Night Polls :dance:
;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

As a Vicerine, I have been invited to several castles and would feel more safe than in the woods or at Grandma's House.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

I am pondering whether to journey into the woods or to the castle. Grandma's house and the woods both sound sinister. Bad things always happen in the woods or at grandma's house.

I think I'll journey to the castle. (There may be good wine. We satyrs do love wine).
To be recycled
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

The Vicerine has found the wine and is happy to share with the Archduke. :wine:
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:The Vicerine has found the wine and is happy to share with the Archduke. :wine:
I thank you for acquiring the wine and for sharing it, Vicerine. Cheers! :wine:
To be recycled
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go! I'm expecting hot chocolate and marshmallows.
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Shand Azureye wrote::rip: Caillic. With the initial few votes scattered across more than half a dozen people, all the Big Bad Baddies had to do was to pick a target and pour in just enough votes to seal the deal. I wish, as I have often wished in the past, the mafia gods could decree that all games commence at day 2.
Actually, as the gypsies well know, it is the mafia who wants the vote as spread out as possible so that it only takes a few votes to lynch a civv.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:
Shand Azureye wrote::rip: Caillic. With the initial few votes scattered across more than half a dozen people, all the Big Bad Baddies had to do was to pick a target and pour in just enough votes to seal the deal. I wish, as I have often wished in the past, the mafia gods could decree that all games commence at day 2.
Actually, as the gypsies well know, it is the mafia who wants the vote as spread out as possible so that it only takes a few votes to lynch a civv.
Quite right, dear Bronwyn, my point exactly. :)
Management
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I was not saying those who extinguished Lustoushair were devilish. In fact, I am a but a goodhearted gypsy without bts. Perhaps my friend the princess can check my background to assure that what I say is true.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Or perhaps goodhearted is a problematic word in which case I would say: I am not capable now or in the future as i know it today, nor am I a member of a bts group who is capable now or in the future of extinguishing life. I would be most grateful if the princess would check my background.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Sorry for not being around. I've been dealing with some righteous headaches for days now and it's addled my brain.

RIP Caillic. :(

Picking woods because I like woods best.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

Trying to catch up, sorry I've been fairly absent so far this game. RIP Caillac :( Welcome Rhinfrew!
Reporting
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

The winners of the Night 1 game have been notified.
Sorry if you were not a winner this time please be sure to join the fun Night 2. :daisy:
;)
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Chuck »

RIP Callic! :( And welcome Rhinfrew! I hope you don't end up drinking all of the wine. Or at least save some for me. :P

I think I'll stick with the castle. Definitely better defenses there than anywhere else methinks. And I wouldn't mind taking a crack at any potential wine cellars. :D As long as I don't have to fight off any giant rats for it. :stare:
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Ok, given the response to my question, for which I offer my thanks to our hostesses, I think I will stay with voting woods. Bad things can happen in castles or woods or grandma's house. But I feel most at home in the woods and thus I will opt to go there.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Rip Callic :(

I want a castle votes
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

sorry i missed the vote. :(
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Grandmother's are often evil in such lands. Her house may be constructed of confection though. Woods are full of wolves and suchlike but as a Centaur most proud they do not trouble me overmuch. I will go to the castle. Off I trot!

Votes castle
Lunalee
nutella
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Roxy wrote:The winners of the Night 1 game have been notified.
Sorry if you were not a winner this time please be sure to join the fun Night 2. :daisy:
And there goes the last hour of my life as i try to find the best pics for the contest... XD
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

So reading back and catching up, I noted a few little things, nothing big but enough to make a note of them for later.

First off, the only real topic of discussion on Day 1 was Rumpy and potential ways around his power. While I applaud discussion, and I think the back n forth was good, it inevitably led to one of the thing i hate about Day 1s which is that someone got lynched for something they said about a side topic which everyone seemed to admit could have been said by a civ.

With no real case or suspicion, it feels to me like the idea of finding someone in the Rumpy discussion to lynch would be a good move for the mafia, but more than that, a smart mafia would promote the idea in theory, let it take root, and then back away from it to avoid being attached to the lynch.

So I'll say that I've got my eye on Laine Crystalsteam. This progression of posts is ping-y to me. It's all promoting voting for people who had certain kinds of posts about Rumpy and then BAM, I'll just vote for this guy who said he'd vote for the lowest poster but then didn't quite vote for the lowEST poster. It smells.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I think I may vote for Gaerwen Gleamingrace, as I found it weird that he/she was against using foreign languages to circumvent Rumpelstiltskin's ability. I know it's not much of a reason, but it is Day 1 and that's all I have to go on.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
I was against it as well, because it would have mad communication impossible.
Yes, I suppose you're right. It would be difficult. I just don't really have a reason for voting anyone.
I agree with what you said about Caillic. Seems like a good way to go. It is very odd that he/she would not try to find a way around the ability. If she/he is on Rumpelstiltskin's team and knows that there are consequences, he/she might be faking civvieness by alerting us to consequences from the hosts. Though, it's very tricky to get a read on people right now.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I am thinking of voting for Bac because he/she claimed that he was going to vote for the lowest poster, which is Etain Royalskull (0 in-game posts) but Bac voted for Jorhan Poisondart who had one post at the time.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:The Flying Satyrs have decided that our vote shall go to Bac Wunderelin, Rajah of the Twilight Pixies for his/her contradictions in his/her vote.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm also minorly pinged by Mainchin,

This:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I pray to the gods that there is at least one mafia on each table. Otherwise some of our number might be voting a table entirely made up of good denizens. Is it possible our gracious host has made it known to the evil ones that they must seat at least one of their horde at each table?
sounds like something a mafioso would say after finding that exact fact out from the hosts.

Also, this:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I know some people hate the idea, but I may just cast a random vote from the Table of Peace. I will look through their posts first to get some idea who I'm voting for.
followed by a non-random vote is a bit odd. If you are going to random, why read through their posts? This is all minor, but my gut is telling me Mainchin may not be a good guy. He's on the watchlist, let's put it that way.
Reporting
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I have to agree with your ping, Dierdre. Mainchin's theory of having one mafia at each table seems a bit specific. I am going to go back and read the rest of his posts so I can make my own conclusion of him.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:So reading back and catching up, I noted a few little things, nothing big but enough to make a note of them for later.

First off, the only real topic of discussion on Day 1 was Rumpy and potential ways around his power. While I applaud discussion, and I think the back n forth was good, it inevitably led to one of the thing i hate about Day 1s which is that someone got lynched for something they said about a side topic which everyone seemed to admit could have been said by a civ.

With no real case or suspicion, it feels to me like the idea of finding someone in the Rumpy discussion to lynch would be a good move for the mafia, but more than that, a smart mafia would promote the idea in theory, let it take root, and then back away from it to avoid being attached to the lynch.

So I'll say that I've got my eye on Laine Crystalsteam. This progression of posts is ping-y to me. It's all promoting voting for people who had certain kinds of posts about Rumpy and then BAM, I'll just vote for this guy who said he'd vote for the lowest poster but then didn't quite vote for the lowEST poster. It smells.

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I think I may vote for Gaerwen Gleamingrace, as I found it weird that he/she was against using foreign languages to circumvent Rumpelstiltskin's ability. I know it's not much of a reason, but it is Day 1 and that's all I have to go on.
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
Yes, I suppose you're right. It would be difficult. I just don't really have a reason for voting anyone.
I agree with what you said about Caillic. Seems like a good way to go. It is very odd that he/she would not try to find a way around the ability. If she/he is on Rumpelstiltskin's team and knows that there are consequences, he/she might be faking civvieness by alerting us to consequences from the hosts. Though, it's very tricky to get a read on people right now.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I am thinking of voting for Bac because he/she claimed that he was going to vote for the lowest poster, which is Etain Royalskull (0 in-game posts) but Bac voted for Jorhan Poisondart who had one post at the time.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:The Flying Satyrs have decided that our vote shall go to Bac Wunderelin, Rajah of the Twilight Pixies for his/her contradictions in his/her vote.
After Dilan responded to my post, I thought about it and realised that Gaerwen and Dilan were right and that communicating in another language would not work, thereby negating my reason for the vote. I then looked and noticed the contradiction in Bac's vote and voted for him. I don't see anything wrong with that.
To be recycled
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

*voted castle* :)
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:I'm also minorly pinged by Mainchin,

This:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I pray to the gods that there is at least one mafia on each table. Otherwise some of our number might be voting a table entirely made up of good denizens. Is it possible our gracious host has made it known to the evil ones that they must seat at least one of their horde at each table?
sounds like something a mafioso would say after finding that exact fact out from the hosts.

Also, this:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I know some people hate the idea, but I may just cast a random vote from the Table of Peace. I will look through their posts first to get some idea who I'm voting for.
followed by a non-random vote is a bit odd. If you are going to random, why read through their posts? This is all minor, but my gut is telling me Mainchin may not be a good guy. He's on the watchlist, let's put it that way.

Dierdre, I was also pinged by both of the posts you mentioned, and I hope Mainchin shows up to offer some explanation for them. The concern in the first post struck me as weird even if he didn't have any info. Civs getting votes isn't necessarily bad as long as they don't get lynched. "Random" voting always bothers me, as well.

I don't agree so much with your case on Laine; so far he's read somewhat confused civ to me. It could be an act, but I doubt I'd be ready to lynch him for it just yet.

And sentimentality won out; I'm going to the castle, upon the battlements of which I have frightened many a foe.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

woods
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

Voted castle, still haven't had an opportunity to catchup sry. Rl getting in the way. Will do my best to be around soon.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

I do have some thoughts, but at the risk of putting the cart before the horse I'll wait until sun up to voice them. :)
Supervisor
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Night 1

Where are you going?

Poll runs till Thu May 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Woods 7
Miyuki Lovelymoth (4), Bac Wunderelin (7), Izett Cruelsinger (8), Ameerah Frolicstag (16), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (17), Grutfud Orangesprite (19), Finnian Metalfox (24) 28%

Grandma's House 3
Rhinfrew Flowingrass (6), Shand Azureye (12), Jorhan Poisondart (15) 12%

Castle 12
Dilan Bluemoss (2), Queran Gloomsoul (5), Fane Winebattle (9), Dierdre Wonderbird (10), Bronwyn Mightyfeet (13), Laine Crystalsteam (14), Lyel Lambboat (18), Mainchin Ironbeast (20), Carmen Brightsun (21), Gobnait Gingeruite (22), Gaerwen Gleamingrace (23), Dallon Redwarlock (25) 48%

Wine Cellar/Hosts/Nons 3
Roxy (1), MovingPictures07 (3), bea (11) 12%
Total votes : 25
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

The Queen Bee

Two king's sons went out to seek their fortune, but fell into disorderly ways. The youngest, Simpleton, went out to find them, but they mocked him. They traveled on, and Simpleton prevented his brothers from destroying an ant hill, killing some ducks, and suffocating a bee hive with smoke. Then they came to a castle with stone horses in the stable, and no sign of anyone. They hunted through the castle and found a room with a little gray man, who showed them to dinner. In the morning, he showed the oldest son a stone table, on which were written three tasks. Whoever performed them would free the castle.

The first was to collect the princess's 10 thousand pearls, scattered in the woods. Whoever tried and failed would be turned to stone. The older brothers tried and failed. For the youngest, however, the ants collected the pearls. The second was to fetch the key to the princess's bedchamber from the lake, which the ducks did for him. The third was to pick out the youngest princess from the three sleeping princesses; they looked exactly alike, and the only difference was that the oldest had eaten a bit of sugar before they slept, the second a little syrup, and the youngest some honey. The queen bee picked out the youngest.

This woke the castle, and restored all those who had been turned to stone. The youngest son married the youngest princess, and his two brothers, the other princesses.

No one has died.
It is now Day - you have 48 hours to lynch someone.
The Poll will end SATURDAY 6:30 EST.

There were missing PM's.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 2

Post by Kent Brockman »

Cool story. Could've used a werewolf though.

And before any of you louts asks me:

Yes, there is wine in front of me. :srsnod:
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:So reading back and catching up, I noted a few little things, nothing big but enough to make a note of them for later.

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
After Dilan responded to my post, I thought about it and realised that Gaerwen and Dilan were right and that communicating in another language would not work, thereby negating my reason for the vote. I then looked and noticed the contradiction in Bac's vote and voted for him. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I do :)

I did not do so, I never mentioned "no shows"; I mentioned people who low posted. You extrapolated. You were reaching, very much so.

I must say I agree with Diedres analysis; I think Laine wanted to vote for me for whatever REAL reason s/he had, and made up a reason.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

KK I think I have answered everyone's PM questions.Image

If I missed yours please re-PM Bea and I and I promise to get right back to ya. :martini:

Bea is quickly working on your Night result PM's. :fiesta:
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Night Result PM's are sent. If you were expecting one and didn't get one, please let me know. I fine tooth combed my list but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I will not be in the thread tomorrow for real life reasons and will be spotty on Saturday and Sunday (it is mothers day weekend and my family does a lot of things with my mom over the weekend). I should not have a problem voting though and will hopefully be on enough to comment on suspicions.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

The Illustrious me, Duke of Farmville, Grand Puba of the Order of the Runny Nose, Clap-On-Clap-Off The Clapper, He Who Zigs When He Should Zag, does herein profess the following postulations in regards to the enclosed quotables and notables.

Firstly, the following:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:I'm also minorly pinged by Mainchin,

This:

Also, this:

Dierdre, I was also pinged by both of the posts you mentioned, and I hope Mainchin shows up to offer some explanation for them. The concern in the first post struck me as weird even if he didn't have any info. Civs getting votes isn't necessarily bad as long as they don't get lynched. "Random" voting always bothers me, as well.

I don't agree so much with your case on Laine; so far he's read somewhat confused civ to me. It could be an act, but I doubt I'd be ready to lynch him for it just yet.

And sentimentality won out; I'm going to the castle, upon the battlements of which I have frightened many a foe.
Seems to me to be a bit of a stretch, as I doubt any mafia conspirators would so haphazardly recall such information into the public pool. Secondly, the accused mentioned they "may" random post. The fact that they did not drew scrutiny from the quoted posts above. Once more I must draw from the rich and glorious history of our beloved Moonlit Tropics Krackens. Any time someone has a non-random vote, that's a good thing, not a bad thing. It means thought was put into the vote. Random voting is the stuff of cowards. And as for the scrutiny of "why read through their posts?", I seek to remind those gathered here that information is key. Reading and re-reading and re-re-reading should be encouraged, not suspected. Knowledge is power.

Finally I will address the gargoyle that agreed with Diedre's postulation. Given the vote manipulation that is out there, I disagree that civvies getting votes is something we can afford to let happen "as long as they don't get lynched".

So those two are on the radar of this King Regent.
Supervisor
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Attention:

The hostesses have learned via their mystic spells and crystal balls that Etain Royalskull is currently having internet connectivity issues. It is our understanding that Etain is working frantically to correct this issue as he is really looking forward to playing this game. Please be patient with him while he gets this issue resolved.

Thank-you so much for your understanding. You may all enjoy some wine for your patience. :)

see...I can share.....sometimes.....
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

On another note, I'm admittedly quite curious about last nights poll. The similarity with the lynch poll prior is curious. Yet I don't see any immediate effects. Thoughts?
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

bea wrote: see...I can share.....sometimes..... [/b][/color]
The hell she can! Share, she can! Bollocks!

You wanna hear what she did to me, this bea? She had me head off, she did!

And then she brought me back to life...

...when I had a store of her favorites from the Plutonian shore....

Let me think about this...

Return to “Previous Jobs”