Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 5

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:So, Juliets, you knew you weren't being lynched?
I did not know I wasn't being lynched. I wasn't able to get on because I was busy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by Dom »

Didn't sound very worried here:
juliets wrote:I'm voting Canuck for obvious reasons.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Rest in whatever place is appropriate since we don't know what your win conditions were, KNuk.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Canuck :(
Why are you making it sound like she was a civvie? She had booby traps that she scattered about the map. I ran into one, and chose not to set it off. The description I got of it sounded pretty scary, tbh.

I would have liked it better if she were a full fledged baddie, but I am OK with that role being gone.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 0

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:The Story So Far...

Day 0 - Reborn
A new reality is created. A wager is made.
Is George R. R. Martin writing this story?

Also, the link to DrWilgy's posts goes to Elohcin in the opening post.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Canuck :(
Why are you making it sound like she was a civvie? She had booby traps that she scattered about the map. I ran into one, and chose not to set it off. The description I got of it sounded pretty scary, tbh.

I would have liked it better if she were a full fledged baddie, but I am OK with that role being gone.
I know she's not a civvie but I'm sad to see her go all the same, especially over someone like juliets who I think is bad.

And if she had the decency to give you the choice of whether or not to set off her booby traps, she couldn't have been all that bad right? XD
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:

Day 0 - Reborn
Hmm, yeah, I've been meaning to get around to that for a while.
Also, the link to DrWilgy's posts goes to Elohcin in the opening post.
Fixed.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Day 0 - Reborn
Hmm, yeah, I've been meaning to get around to that for a while.
LC = GRRM confirmed.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DFaraday »

I put fail since I'm very much against role claiming. I've been on both sides of it in the past, and in my view in detracts from the game in principle. That's not what the poll question is asking, I just want to be anti-role claiming. :noble:

And I guess it's good that Canuck is gone if she was leaving traps.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:Didn't sound very worried here:
juliets wrote:I'm voting Canuck for obvious reasons.
I was of course worried. It looked like I was getting lynched. I don't know what you expected me to say to "sound worried".

I am going to vote "it depends" because I have played in both open and closed formats and it is different depending on format.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Good thing we got what sounds like a dangerous indie, but I still think juliets is scum and that we should press that lynch harder, or lynch Typhoony in her stead if she's Scrippleskitz and going to be difficult to lynch for the rest of the game.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Good thing we got what sounds like a dangerous indie, but I still think juliets is scum and that we should press that lynch harder, or lynch Typhoony in her stead if she's Scrippleskitz and going to be difficult to lynch for the rest of the game.
Scrip doesn't look that difficult to lynch, on the face of it. It just can't be quite that close.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

DFaraday wrote:I put fail since I'm very much against role claiming. I've been on both sides of it in the past, and in my view in detracts from the game in principle. That's not what the poll question is asking, I just want to be anti-role claiming. :noble:

And I guess it's good that Canuck is gone if she was leaving traps.
How do you know they are traps?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Good thing we got what sounds like a dangerous indie, but I still think juliets is scum and that we should press that lynch harder, or lynch Typhoony in her stead if she's Scrippleskitz and going to be difficult to lynch for the rest of the game.
Your post does not make sense.

- You want to lynch me on the assumption that juliets is bad. That alone is a flawed idea, as I am sure I don't need to explain to you.
- You do not want to lynch juliets because she might be Scrippleskitz and lynching her might be difficult "for the rest of the game".
I am sure you realize that the role of Scrippleskitz becomes more powerful as the game goes on. If you genuinely think that there is a chance that juliets is that role, you would advocate lynching her immediately and you would suggest everyone vote her. You would not advocate lynching someone else in her stead.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:I am sure you realize that the role of Scrippleskitz becomes more powerful as the game goes on. If you genuinely think that there is a chance that juliets is that role, you would advocate lynching her immediately and you would suggest everyone vote her. You would not advocate lynching someone else in her stead.
What?

All I realise is that it starts every lynch with -3 votes. Where did you get that 'it gets more powerful as the game goes on' from?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I am sure you realize that the role of Scrippleskitz becomes more powerful as the game goes on. If you genuinely think that there is a chance that juliets is that role, you would advocate lynching her immediately and you would suggest everyone vote her. You would not advocate lynching someone else in her stead.
What?

All I realise is that it starts every lynch with -3 votes. Where did you get that 'it gets more powerful as the game goes on' from?
That's exactly what I mean Golden.
Scrippleskitz in Endgame is a very powerful role. Scrippleskitz in the beginning of the game is almost just like any other role.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Typhoony wrote:
Golden wrote:
What?

That's exactly what I mean Golden.
Scrippleskitz in Endgame is a very powerful role. Scrippleskitz in the beginning of the game is almost just like any other role.
Oh, indeed. I get what you mean. It's about proportionality.

Plus, Scripple does not seem so hard to lynch right now, to me. If I have things right, Juliet was two votes ahead after the vote, so her being Scripple wouldn't account for the tie alone.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Typhoony wrote:
Your post does not make sense.

- You want to lynch me on the assumption that juliets is bad. That alone is a flawed idea, as I am sure I don't need to explain to you.
- You do not want to lynch juliets because she might be Scrippleskitz and lynching her might be difficult "for the rest of the game".
I am sure you realize that the role of Scrippleskitz becomes more powerful as the game goes on. If you genuinely think that there is a chance that juliets is that role, you would advocate lynching her immediately and you would suggest everyone vote her. You would not advocate lynching someone else in her stead.
I'd be advocating lynching you first because I'm very confident that juliets is scum, and because I think your defense of her implicates you to the point that I think you are probably scum as well. If you flip Witherdeath, it will be hopefully much easier to push the lynch on juliets. If there are no issues ensuring a juliets lynch day 6, however, I'll prioritize that over you.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:Oh, indeed. I get what you mean. It's about proportionality.

Plus, Scripple does not seem so hard to lynch right now, to me. If I have things right, Juliet was two votes ahead after the vote, so her being Scripple wouldn't account for the tie alone.
I'm assuming the tie was role-related and not general for all ties, so that implies extra lynch-proofiness to me.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote: I'd be advocating lynching you first because I'm very confident that juliets is scum, and because I think your defense of her implicates you to the point that I think you are probably scum as well. If you flip Witherdeath, it will be hopefully much easier to push the lynch on juliets. If there are no issues ensuring a juliets lynch day 6, however, I'll prioritize that over you.
What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets? If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?
Why do you think I would flip Witherdeath and not Circle of Decay?

Hosts: How are ties in this game handled? Will all ties be handled like the tie we had yesterday?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:Will all ties be handled like the tie we had yesterday?
Hopefully not. :offtobed:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Typhoony wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote: I'd be advocating lynching you first because I'm very confident that juliets is scum, and because I think your defense of her implicates you to the point that I think you are probably scum as well. If you flip Witherdeath, it will be hopefully much easier to push the lynch on juliets. If there are no issues ensuring a juliets lynch day 6, however, I'll prioritize that over you.
What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets? If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?

Hosts: How are ties in this game handled? Will all ties be handled like the tie we had yesterday?
You're down for a juliets lynch now then? Because if so I'm fine with that.

My case on juliets is largely dependent on her being a scummate of Luke, and therefore Witherdeath.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Typhoony wrote: What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets? If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?

You're down for a juliets lynch now then? Because if so I'm fine with that.

My case on juliets is largely dependent on her being a scummate of Luke, and therefore Witherdeath.
I'd like for you to answer my first two questions please. I will then answer your question.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, indeed. I get what you mean. It's about proportionality.

I'm assuming the tie was role-related and not general for all ties, so that implies extra lynch-proofiness to me.
I'm not assuming that. I think one possibility is that it has to do with a square called the "Seat of the Tribunal", and the fact that multiple other roles appeared to be involved in making the decision (in Canuck's death post) I think that theory may hold true.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Typhoony wrote:I'd like for you to answer my first two questions please. I will then answer your question.
I agree that Scripple becomes inherently harder to lynch as the game goes on, but not impossibly so. The train against Canuck seemed to be more of a counter-train in favor of juliets to me, and some of the attacks on Canuck I saw could just as easily have been applied to juliets (like Canuck having not post history with Luke until day 4). That isn't to say everyone on that train is a scumspect; I liked golden's reasoning for favoring a narrow lynch and it netted us another third-party regardless, so I don't think it reflects badly on him. I think other players might be defending her just because she had been posting more than Canuck. You started that counter-wagon though, and had a very thorough defense for her. I'll admit that I actually agreed with you reasoning for most of the preceding days, and thought you looked fairly townie up until then.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

See this from the "drawing borad" thread for this game:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p183720

Seems like something that might be drawn in to determine ties, yes? Especially since Long Con knew he couldn't guarantee it would be resolved quickly... he was relying on other players PMing in.

I do think that, if this theory is correct, it would slightly favour the survival of a baddie over an indy, but not by a huge amount.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:I'm not assuming that. I think one possibility is that it has to do with a square called the "Seat of the Tribunal", and the fact that multiple other roles appeared to be involved in making the decision (in Canuck's death post) I think that theory may hold true.
What happens there?

I assumed the Canuck thing was just flavor. Do you interpret all death flips to reveal game information? RYM generally doesn't have much flavor to begin with.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@HB - also, I voted juliets, not canuck ;) even though I started on the canuck train, her responses convinced me she was indy and I favoured lynching bad > indy.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I'd like for you to answer my first two questions please. I will then answer your question.
I agree that Scripple becomes inherently harder to lynch as the game goes on, but not impossibly so. The train against Canuck seemed to be more of a counter-train in favor of juliets to me, and some of the attacks on Canuck I saw could just as easily have been applied to juliets (like Canuck having not post history with Luke until day 4). That isn't to say everyone on that train is a scumspect; I liked golden's reasoning for favoring a narrow lynch and it netted us another third-party regardless, so I don't think it reflects badly on him. I think other players might be defending her just because she had been posting more than Canuck. You started that counter-wagon though, and had a very thorough defense for her. I'll admit that I actually agreed with you reasoning for most of the preceding days, and thought you looked fairly townie up until then.
My questions were
Typhoony wrote:What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets?
If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?
I have no idea what questions you just answered.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Do you interpret all death flips to reveal game information?
I interpret that some hosts in some complex games will intentionally reveal game information. I know some do, particularly if it does not do anything to create imbalance. My mafia background, which is the same sites that LC came from, is a background where this often happens in complex games where it doesn't specifically hurt any player or faction. It definitely told us some roles that are still alive, at least I would think you would agree that can be interpreted as info? You can't really get that kind of info on RYM, where night kills flip.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:See this from the "drawing borad" thread for this game:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p183720

Seems like something that might be drawn in to determine ties, yes? Especially since Long Con knew he couldn't guarantee it would be resolved quickly... he was relying on other players PMing in.

I do think that, if this theory is correct, it would slightly favour the survival of a baddie over an indy, but not by a huge amount.
Ah, don't think I ever saw that. Makes sense, although it depends on when the Tribunal gets to remove a person. On the face of it though, it sounds like someone would have to be removed from the poll while it was still ongoing; the poll had already ended with both still on the poll. For example, I've been to the Chaos Wizard's tower which has some stuff you can do there, and it seemed implied that it would work just during the day I was on the square.
Golden wrote:@HB - also, I voted juliets, not canuck ;) even though I started on the canuck train, her responses convinced me she was indy and I favoured lynching bad > indy.
Yeah, I only meant that you did play a part in moving focus towards Canuck, even though it doesn't reflect badly.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think that specific explanation explains why they would break the ties... I could just see LC using it as his tiebreaking mechanism in addition to its usual function.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Typhoony wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
My questions were
Typhoony wrote:What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets?
If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?
I have no idea what questions you just answered.
"You started that counter-wagon though, and had a very thorough defense for her." + "or lynch Typhoony in her stead if she's Scrippleskitz and going to be difficult to lynch" = reasons for lynching you first
"I agree that Scripple becomes inherently harder to lynch as the game goes on, but not impossibly so." = reasons why it's not an absolute priority to lynch her day 6, IF people create another narrow counter-wagon

Note that I said I want to lynch her first, but you in the event the lynch is close again.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:Do you interpret all death flips to reveal game information?
I interpret that some hosts in some complex games will intentionally reveal game information. I know some do, particularly if it does not do anything to create imbalance. My mafia background, which is the same sites that LC came from, is a background where this often happens in complex games where it doesn't specifically hurt any player or faction. It definitely told us some roles that are still alive, at least I would think you would agree that can be interpreted as info? You can't really get that kind of info on RYM, where night kills flip.
Ah, and there were three other roles mentioned in the flip too ("three hooded statues"). I can definitely see that then.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote: "You started that counter-wagon though, and had a very thorough defense for her." + "or lynch Typhoony in her stead if she's Scrippleskitz and going to be difficult to lynch" = reasons for lynching you first

"I agree that Scripple becomes inherently harder to lynch as the game goes on, but not impossibly so." = reasons why it's not an absolute priority to lynch her day 6, IF people create another narrow counter-wagon

Note that I said I want to lynch her first, but you in the event the lynch is close again.
You never said the underlined.

You said
If there are no issues ensuring a juliets lynch day 6, however, I'll prioritize that over you.
After which I asked "What kind of issues would make you push for me instead of juliets?"
To which you just answered with this color.

These are not "issues that would make you push for me instead of juliets", nor are they issues that could prevent an ensured juliets lynch. They could be seen as reasons for lynching me first, and yes, I did vote Canuck first, but I never explicitly mentioned that until TH asked about it, nor did I push for Canuck to be lynched. I was more than busy enough with juliets.

When I asked "If you think she could be Scrippleskiz, would you not agree that it makes even more sense to push for her now?" You answered with this color, which is not an answer to the question. If you think she could be Scrippleskitz as you initially mentioned, you push hard for her to get her out of the game now. You're the only one trying to create another counter-wagon right now.

No, I think you tried to come into the thread seeing an easy way to score some civ cred but overplayed your hand. I think you are or are on the team of Scrippleskitz and made the classical mistake of mentioning your own role as a way to distance yourself from it.

Anyway, you "answered" my questions, so I guess I'll answer yours.
I am down for a juliets lynch. Do I think she is bad? Gun to my head, no, but her recent posts haven't helped her imo. Do I think Hboy should be lynched tomorrow? No, I think juliets should be lynched.
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Just to make sure I didn't bungle my wording, when I said "I'll prioritize that over you" I mean I'll prioritize a juliets lynch over your lynch. I want her lynched day 6. My only reasons for lynching you first instead of juliets would be if the juliets thing doesn't pan out, and because I feel more confident that your flip will ensure her eventual lynch than the other candidates defending her. My first vote cast will be for juliets.

Where did I mention my own role? Not sure where you're going with that.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

I'm leaving to do a little work at school right now btw, I won't see your reply for a few hours.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If juliets is bad I think Bass and Wilgy's votes look the worst out of the bunch.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Turnip Head wrote:If juliets is bad I think Bass and Wilgy's votes look the worst out of the bunch.
Lynch meeeeee!!!

May it be a mighty pyre! One the legends will speak of!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Stop biting my style.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm staying at a friend's house tonight and then leaving early in the morning to go to the Florida Keys. There will be lots of drank, lots of shmoke and lots of fishing, but very little battery life. I'll be back on Sunday and my participation will be sporadic until then.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm staying at a friend's house tonight and then leaving early in the morning to go to the Florida Keys. There will be lots of drank, lots of shmoke and lots of fishing, but very little battery life. I'll be back on Sunday and my participation will be sporadic until then.
I'm staying at my house tonight and then leaving early in the morning to go to a shitty job. There will be lots of blame-shifting, lots of ass-covering, and lots of disingenuous behavior, but very little competence. I'll be back on tomorrow and my participation will be the same as it ever was.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm staying at a friend's house tonight and then leaving early in the morning to go to the Florida Keys. There will be lots of drank, lots of shmoke and lots of fishing, but very little battery life. I'll be back on Sunday and my participation will be sporadic until then.
I'm staying at my house tonight and then leaving early in the morning to go to a shitty job. There will be lots of blame-shifting, lots of ass-covering, and lots of disingenuous behavior, but very little competence. I'll be back on tomorrow and my participation will be the same as it ever was.
Thanks for letting us know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.
:meany:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Stop biting my style.
Brohain, this has always been my groove, you just didn't see it our first game together.

LoRab, will you dance with me until dawn?

TH, if Juliets flips bad will you lynch me?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Did I make a doctor declaration this game?

Meh...
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Maybe I should set my tempo now and actually commit time to this game...

But that sounds like alot of effffoooooooooorrrrt...
Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DrWilgy wrote:TH, if Juliets flips bad will you lynch me?
I don't know yet.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Comrades, motivate me
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote: LoRab, will you dance with me until dawn?
You want me to dance with the devil in the pale moon light? Eh...sure...why not...

Return to “Previous Jobs”