Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 9

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote:I'm voting wilgy. I'd like a larger discussion on Bass's inability to name a suspect soon.
I think he is purposefully avoiding discussion. :shrug: I know I haven't been the most vocal, but I feel like I've tried to do my best to explain what's asked, and I don't feel like he is doing that. Whenever someone shrugs off little suspicion it always gets my eye, because I think most civvies are eager to defend the littlest things while baddies tend to brush it off in hopes it disappears.

I'm probably voting Bass. I feel alright about the Wilgy vote though. like I said this seems more like his baddie game vs what I saw when I hosted him. I was hoping to reread the game this reminds me most of (90's Mafia on jtm) but haven't had a chance to, and seems it probably won't be necessary at this point.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:Also votes can't be changed this round, it would seem.
That is an unfortunate turn of events.
It is. I didn't notice this, and I didn't intend to leave my vote on TH.
I didn't notice it either when I voted. Was the poll edited? Or were we just inattentive?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

It's pretty suspicious you didn't notice, MetalMarsh. So unlike you :p
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:It's pretty suspicious you didn't notice, MetalMarsh. So unlike you :p
I know, I'm ashamed. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

So I decided to look over the posts of the three confirmed baddies to hopefully turn up something that might help us find their teammate.

Floyd

Worth noting that Floyd voted Prog. Perhaps he was the baddie with info. His first on topic post was to demand an explanation for Banana's vote on Bugla (later replaced by Draconus). Later voted for Bugla himself for sketchy reasons so... :shrug: Would certainly be weird for all three irl friends to all be randomly sorted into the same team. Paid respects to Luke and voted for JC but other than scattered individual mentions of a few people, Bugla is the only other player Floyd said much about so I don't think there's much to be gained from reading his posts.

Luke

Listed two people as good: Floyd and Sorsha. Didn't have an explanation for either read. Not much else to see, I think it's equally possible that he listed two of his own teammates as it is for him to have mentioned Sorsha as well as Floyd in order to make her look bad should Luke be lynched.

Juliets

Something interesting I did notice is that two of three confirmed baddies followed the Sig case on day 2. Floyd seemingly missed the vote entirely. Perhaps it could be worth revisiting Sig voters, perhaps they all jumped on board as it was an easy target. We know that at least three of the voters that day were not civ-friendly folks (with nutella the dangerous bad indy also getting in on it).

Early on JC also spent some time trying to draw Floyd into conversation - probably trying to be a helpful teammate, knowing her. JC also said she had no suspicion of Sorsha, so that makes two baddies saying that. Worth keeping in mind? She also named Bass as a neutral read.

Overall this stopped being useful pretty quickly I think, but I decided to see it through. The only thing I've really noticed is the Sorsha point, but it could be completely meaningless. I'm also going to revisit a couple of old suspicions that have fallen away in more recent days. The suspicion list I posted early on now only has two or three living people left from it, so that shouldn't take long.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:I'm voting wilgy. I'd like a larger discussion on Bass's inability to name a suspect soon.
I think he is purposefully avoiding discussion. :shrug: I know I haven't been the most vocal, but I feel like I've tried to do my best to explain what's asked, and I don't feel like he is doing that. Whenever someone shrugs off little suspicion it always gets my eye, because I think most civvies are eager to defend the littlest things while baddies tend to brush it off in hopes it disappears.

I'm probably voting Bass. I feel alright about the Wilgy vote though. like I said this seems more like his baddie game vs what I saw when I hosted him. I was hoping to reread the game this reminds me most of (90's Mafia on jtm) but haven't had a chance to, and seems it probably won't be necessary at this point.
If you're okay with a Wilgy vote, I would prefer if you vote that way today.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Draconus wrote:RE: Feral Pixie, I'm reading that post as saying that she is a civ aligned indie or just a civ. This is very confusing to me because I now see her as being responsible for the beacon/explosion and Bullzeye's near death (the library trap). :ponder:
I don't believe the Pixie is responsible for my failed death if she truly is a civ. A baddie must've stolen her ability or something. I definitely 100% think it was a baddie as opposed to an indy who left that note - either Floyd, Luke, JC or their remaining friend whose death I will help happen before this game is over.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 6

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:Golden, I don't have time for a lot of detail here, but I think I can say that you have hit on some truth but are misguided about some things as well. I am not a fan of info dumping but will say that I have come into contact with an item that was not actually what it said it was and there have been consequences. I've tried to help the cause and ultimately it seems have caused more trouble than anything.
timmer, I don't believe you wert this statement. I don't think you could use a dagger on another player without knowledge of what it could do (if I'm reading the accusation correctly against you from Golden). You did not post in the thread leading up to the start of Day 6. Epignosis was killed 2 hours after Day 6 started. You did not post during this time either, and didn't post again until 12 hours after Epignosis's death.

I think the timing of Epignosis's death, along with Golden's accusations against you imply a malevolent intent. You had a questionable item in your hands that you used on Epignosis. Did you bother to ask him if he'd mind you testing an item on him?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

If you're okay with a Wilgy vote, I would prefer if you vote that way today.
I could do, but as Tranq pointed out earlier I haven't mentioned Wilgy before now. And I don't particularly feel like dealing with "jumping on a bandwagon late" accusations tomorrow. :shrug:
I might still.
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well, I think you should.

DrWilgy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I don't think I'm particularly suspicious of any of my former suspects any more. What is the case on Wilgy, again? Is it literally just about him having asked to be NKed that time?
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:
Draconus wrote:RE: Feral Pixie, I'm reading that post as saying that she is a civ aligned indie or just a civ. This is very confusing to me because I now see her as being responsible for the beacon/explosion and Bullzeye's near death (the library trap). :ponder:
I don't believe the Pixie is responsible for my failed death if she truly is a civ. A baddie must've stolen her ability or something. I definitely 100% think it was a baddie as opposed to an indy who left that note - either Floyd, Luke, JC or their remaining friend whose death I will help happen before this game is over.
You don't think the Pixie could have malicious intentions? What do you think about G9?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

There are more clues that point to him being Cabal, but i think he could also be Circle of Decay. This is far from his active civvie game as seen in RMIV (and in the Pet Sounds speed game which just ended).

See my post here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 84#p199884
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Draconus wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
You don't think the Pixie could have malicious intentions? What do you think about G9?
I don't think civs can have malicious intentions in general. Specifically, as I believe the note was placed by a member of the team that tried to kill me, then logically a civ cannot have been responsible for it. LC seems to have indicated that the Pixie is a civ. As for G9 I'm not sure of why you think she's responsible for that. Reminder?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Tranq wrote:There are more clues that point to him being Cabal, but i think he could also be Circle of Decay. This is far from his active civvie game as seen in RMIV (and in the Pet Sounds speed game which just ended).

See my post here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 84#p199884
Yeah I think you could be right. I mean he's also wildly different from how he was in TH as a baddie so I feel a bit conflicted but he definitely doesn't look like his usual civ game. I guess I will trust in the arguments against him and *Vote Wilgy*
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

The Trickster is another person who could be responsible, just on the face of their role. I've also come upon the note talking of a great library, but it might just be that we are all coming upon it in the same place.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:The Trickster is another person who could be responsible, just on the face of their role. I've also come upon the note talking of a great library, but it might just be that we are all coming upon it in the same place.
I have reason to believe we are not, but I almost certainly can't tell you what that reason is.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:The Trickster is another person who could be responsible, just on the face of their role. I've also come upon the note talking of a great library, but it might just be that we are all coming upon it in the same place.
I have reason to believe we are not, but I almost certainly can't tell you what that reason is.
It's odd. You wouldn't expect someone could otherwise imitate the pixie over and over again.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
It's odd. You wouldn't expect someone could otherwise imitate the pixie over and over again.
That is also true. Are we allowed to say what was generally upon the square where we found the note, without discussing the exact co-ordinates? I could be mistaken.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
That is also true. Are we allowed to say what was generally upon the square where we found the note, without discussing the exact co-ordinates? I could be mistaken.
I found mine at a square with a portal.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I found mine at a square with a portal.
So did I. Perhaps it is the same note then. That conflicts with something else I thought, but perhaps I'm just a big dumb.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I don't think civs can have malicious intentions in general. Specifically, as I believe the note was placed by a member of the team that tried to kill me, then logically a civ cannot have been responsible for it. LC seems to have indicated that the Pixie is a civ. As for G9 I'm not sure of why you think she's responsible for that. Reminder?
I was referring to the Pixie as a potential indie. Obviously if it's a civ role, I don't believe she'd have mal intent.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Remeber this when I flip: No Meta, No Gimmicks... Only Wilgy...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... Just realized... Whos bonfire should I join?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... Just realized... Whos bonfire should I join?
It appears you're the special guest. Have an apple :p

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Feel free to join the TH bonfire, Wilgy. Its not going to save you, though.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:Feel free to join the TH bonfire, Wilgy. Its not going to save you, though.
I believe it's mathematically impossible for Wilgy to be saved by votes now. Unless there are shenanigans, the lynch is already decided since votes can't be changed today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Feel free to join the TH bonfire, Wilgy. Its not going to save you, though.
:ponder:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

:ponder:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

voted wilgy
Gro-oo-ovy
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Voting for DrWilgy
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Wilgy voted for me. Very interesting indeed, given members of the Witherdeath Cabal would know I was once poisoned by the Goblin on night 1.

That means a vote for me would count for 8 right now.

Lucky I figured out how to cure myself some time ago :nicenod:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

lolwat
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I think DrWilgy will flip Circle :p
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What?
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:I think DrWilgy will flip Circle :p
Why, Tranq? Just speculation, or do you feel like there are real indications that lean this way.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I really don't get what is that many :eye: worthy. Wilgy is already getting lynched. It seems unnecessary to track down and read entire games at this point.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:
Why, Tranq? Just speculation, or do you feel like there are real indications that lean this way.
I think you have missed certain hints these past couple of hours which would make DrWilgy a huge fool if he's Cabal.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:I really don't get what is that many :eye: worthy. Wilgy is already getting lynched. It seems unnecessary to track down and read entire games at this point.
I think Dom likes multi :eye: in general.

Although i would also like to hear why so :eye: :eye:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What?
If Wilgy doesn't flip the way I think he will-- you might be my next vote.

"Wilgy is probably bad, but I won't vote there."
Why?
To avoid having responsibility for his death.

IDK highly contingent on Wilgy's allignment, but this post stank to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:
Golden wrote:
I think you have missed certain hints these past couple of hours which would make DrWilgy a huge fool if he's Cabal.
He seems to be hinting at civ, I'm not sure how you get circle not cabal from that? Oh well, I guess we will see when he flips.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What?

Why?

Umm except I did vote him before you gave me the eye, and already explained why I was reluctant to vote for him. :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:
Tranq wrote:
Golden wrote:
He seems to be hinting at civ, I'm not sure how you get circle not cabal from that? Oh well, I guess we will see when he flips.
That's not who i was talking about :p

I haven't voted yet. I want to see who Bass votes for first.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What?

Why?

Umm except I did vote him before you gave me the eye, and already explained why I was reluctant to vote for him. :shrug:
So statements you backpedalled from can't be considered suspicious?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Alright Dom. Because that is what I said. There's no talking to you. No matter what I say you are going to find some way to call it suspicious.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I didn't backpedal either.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Playing the victim?

I mean, I gave you some eyes, you already knew I suspected you-- why is this such a surprise to you?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Voted.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm not playing the victim. This just isn't productive. You have been on my ass since the second I said I wasn't so sure you were a civvie anymore. I never said I was surprised. Perhaps you should stop putting words in my mouth.
Gro-oo-ovy

Return to “Previous Jobs”