Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 3

Post by Ned Flanders »

No sūji no sūji no sūji no sūji no sūji no sūji ;airguitar:
Assault
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

I fancy magic, so spell :)
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Hmmm....not sure what to make of the no-kill. How is Bac still insanified??? I was looking forward to hearing from him.

It seems I owe Queran an apology. I never expected you to actually post your thoughts, and I was wrong. One concern I had was that you would post too late for your thoughts to be of use, and I was right about that. I think it shows a lack of regard for the civvie cause, since you had plenty of time earlier in the day and spent it giving yet more reasons for why I'm more evil than you, which as I mentioned was pointless. However, better late than never, and I'm glad to have heard from you on something else.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Not "Ants" "Ents"!!!

;)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Roxy wrote:Not "Ants" "Ents"!!!

Lol, I thought it was a meeting of ear, nose, and throat doctors. XD
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Rune
Lunalee
nutella
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Though I like runes and there is a possibility of a spell backfiring, I am going for spell.
To be recycled
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Hmmm....not sure what to make of the no-kill. How is Bac still insanified??? I was looking forward to hearing from him.

It seems I owe Queran an apology. I never expected you to actually post your thoughts, and I was wrong. One concern I had was that you would post too late for your thoughts to be of use, and I was right about that. I think it shows a lack of regard for the civvie cause, since you had plenty of time earlier in the day and spent it giving yet more reasons for why I'm more evil than you, which as I mentioned was pointless. However, better late than never, and I'm glad to have heard from you on something else.

Once again you ignore the facts to fit your backhanded "Oh Queran you're so bad but I'm sorry lets be pals and find baddies you baddie!" argument. I told you I was

A) Distracted
B) Busy
C) GOING TO POST IN THE "AFTER NOON"
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 3

So I've been thinking about why no lynch happened yesterday, and I can't think of a single civ reason. It has to be either secret baddie power or prize/night poll related, right? What do people think about which of those two? I think just given the odds and the result, it's probably a safe bet that at least one of Carmen and Finnian is bad, if not both.

I learned in a previous game that if someone is nearly certainly bad and escapes a lynch, it's best to try again to make sure. Feel free to disagree with me on that strategy, though. I propose the following: during the night period today we discuss and come to a conclusion about who to lynch, and try to have most of our thoughts on the table before the day starts to avoid Rumpel's power. If people think that'll hamper the exchange of ideas too much feel free to say so; I'm also game for running a 'normal' lynch if we get enough consensus to minimize the chance of manipulation.
Queran Gloomsoul wrote: A) Despite the backhanded schemey way she went about it, Gobnait is right to say we will benefit from spreading our focus.
And thanks, Queran. I will caution that I think spreading votes too much (like I think we did yesterday) is dangerous, but some divergence in ideas is better than a unanimous lynch like Day 2.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Oh, and I'll go with rune, I guess. Runes are a common form of tattoo among my people and, indeed, endow us with many mighty powers
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Magic is the bloodstream of the universe.
Forget all you know...or think you know.
All that you require is your intuition.

That, and we Djinns have little use for potions and runes.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I'm not sure what to make of Carmen surviving the lynch. :ponder:

Going to go with rune because runes are awesome. :noble:
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 3

Post by Lunatella »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:So I've been thinking about why no lynch happened yesterday, and I can't think of a single civ reason. It has to be either secret baddie power or prize/night poll related, right? What do people think about which of those two? I think just given the odds and the result, it's probably a safe bet that at least one of Carmen and Finnian is bad, if not both.

I learned in a previous game that if someone is nearly certainly bad and escapes a lynch, it's best to try again to make sure. Feel free to disagree with me on that strategy, though. I propose the following: during the night period today we discuss and come to a conclusion about who to lynch, and try to have most of our thoughts on the table before the day starts to avoid Rumpel's power. If people think that'll hamper the exchange of ideas too much feel free to say so; I'm also game for running a 'normal' lynch if we get enough consensus to minimize the chance of manipulation.
Queran Gloomsoul wrote: A) Despite the backhanded schemey way she went about it, Gobnait is right to say we will benefit from spreading our focus.
And thanks, Queran. I will caution that I think spreading votes too much (like I think we did yesterday) is dangerous, but some divergence in ideas is better than a unanimous lynch like Day 2.
It could be civvie. It may be a power from one of the hidden roles.
But even so I think a majority vote is needed and I'd be up for a Carmen vote if that is agreed.
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

You're right, Mainchin, it is possible it was civvie. If Bac's info about the hidden roles is right (and I for one think it is) then there's one hidden civ role with a chance at that, compared to 4 hidden baddie roles and the nixie's secret power. I just don't like the odds
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

And any reason you'd be up for a Carmen lynch but not a Finnian one? He missed the poll again yesterday and didn't defend himself or offer any thoughts or suspicions, even though he was on the chopping block. Either he's the least concerned mafia player I've ever met, not voting is related to his power somehow, or he's simply mocking us.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I have a bit of an interesting theory I'll try to put together in a minute.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Nevermind I'm sure what I thought is there is just me.
Supervisor
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I vote Rune I'm posting this again as the website isn't allowing me to select a choice in the poll.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:And any reason you'd be up for a Carmen lynch but not a Finnian one? He missed the poll again yesterday and didn't defend himself or offer any thoughts or suspicions, even though he was on the chopping block. Either he's the least concerned mafia player I've ever met, not voting is related to his power somehow, or he's simply mocking us.
Either suits me as long as we get a general agreement. Finnian just doesn't seem to care which in itself is quite worrying.
Lunalee
nutella
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

I voted rune earlier, apologies that I neglected to mention it in thread. I was testing it out at the behest of our hardworking admin team when Carmen been having trouble with it, so I voted early and with very little consideration.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Wow, I just realized I hadn't absorbed any of Page 15 since I read it at 5am. There's some good stuff in there. Mainchin, you say you're sure your read on Laine is right?

Eurolyvn, very insightful analysis about Carmen and Fane. I'm now also surprised she never gave Fane a closer look. In my personal opinion, Finnian is still a slightly better candidate for lynching tomorrow, but if you and others want to go for Carmen instead then I'm with you.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Wow, I just realized I hadn't absorbed any of Page 15 since I read it at 5am. There's some good stuff in there. Mainchin, you say you're sure your read on Laine is right?

Eurolyvn, very insightful analysis about Carmen and Fane. I'm now also surprised she never gave Fane a closer look. In my personal opinion, Finnian is still a slightly better candidate for lynching tomorrow, but if you and others want to go for Carmen instead then I'm with you.
Put it this way. I am fairly certain that Laine is civ. As sure as I can be at this time. I cannot go into why I am fairly sure but time will reveal why.
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sounds good. I just wanted to double check that was what you meant.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

rune
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:rune
:evileye:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

The aloof disinterested act is starting to get pretty tired.
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

昇る太陽の栄光の帝国の言語を話すことは、もはや強制的に待つことができない、私は 1 つの地獄と言うこと:) がたくさん
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

oh gosh, I got back just in time to vote. I'm going to vote rune because it is a new word that I just learned.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

任意のルーン文字ここで日本だけのポーションの見たことがないし、スイッチング愚痴はリンチを加える :noble:
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

人よりも実際に呪文をキャストして魔法の占いに興味を持っているか?博?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 4

Post by Larry David »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:The aloof disinterested act is starting to get pretty tired.
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:And any reason you'd be up for a Carmen lynch but not a Finnian one? He missed the poll again yesterday and didn't defend himself or offer any thoughts or suspicions, even though he was on the chopping block. Either he's the least concerned mafia player I've ever met, not voting is related to his power somehow, or he's simply mocking us.
Either suits me as long as we get a general agreement. Finnian just doesn't seem to care which in itself is quite worrying.
This is a game. Games take second priority to other things. I have stuff going on lately and frankly deducing every detail in a mafia game isn't going to be placed above all other things. So I'll do what I please and if you wanna lynch me for it go for it. :) Waste a day period on a civ. I'll try and get votes in but me not looking much I haven't had much to say so I'd probably get jumped on for those too. I don't want to be replaced because this is just temporary, but whatever.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

The Riddle

There once was a prince who decided to go on a journey with his servant. In a dark forest, they came to a small house, where a maiden warned them that her stepmother was a witch who disliked strangers, but unfortunately there was nowhere else for shelter. The prince and his servant reluctantly entered the witch's house, but before they went to bed, the maiden warned the prince and his servant not to eat or drink anything the witch gave them because it might be poisonous. The next morning, the witch gave the prince's servant a poisonous drink, telling him to give it to his master, but the servant ended up spilling it on the prince's horse, killing it. When he told the prince what had happened and they came to the dead horse, a raven was already eating the corpse. Deciding they may not find better food that day, the servant killed the bird and took it with him. Next, they reached an inn and the servant gave the innkeeper the raven to make food of it. Unknown to the prince and his servant, the inn was really a robbers' den. The robbers returned, and, before killing the travellers, sat down to eat. Immediately after eating a few bites of the raven soup the innkeeper had prepared, are you reading this? if so pm us, the robbers fell down dead from the poison that the raven had in its body. The innkeeper's daughter then showed the prince and his servant the robbers' hidden treasure, but the prince insisted that the daughter keep it.
Continuing on, the prince and his servant next came to a town where a princess would marry any man who asked her a riddle that she could not solve. The prince asked the princess, "What slew none, and yet slew twelve?" The princess could not solve the riddle, so she sent her maid to see if the prince revealed the riddle while talking in his sleep. The prince was prepared, however, because that night he had his servant sleep in his bed. When the maid came in, the servant ripped off her robe and chased her out. Next, the princess sent her chambermaid to spy on the prince while he was asleep, but the prince's servant also ripped off her robe and chased her out. On the third night, the prince slept in his own bed, and the princess herself came in. The prince pretended to be asleep and the princess asked him the answer to the riddle. After revealing the answer, the princess departed, but left her robe behind.
The next morning, the princess announced the answer of the riddle: "A raven ate from a dead, poisoned horse, and died from it. Then, twelve robbers ate the raven and died from that." The prince declared that the princess had not solved the riddle herself, but rather questioned him in his sleep. The town judges asked for proof, and the prince showed them the three robes. The judges ordered the princess's robe to be embroidered with gold and silver, for it was to be her wedding robe. Awww I just love a happy ending don't you? Ser Sockalicious was happy to report there were no deaths in the Kingdom of The Syndicate. Everyone smiled as the sun came up it seemed it might last awhile.
;)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:The aloof disinterested act is starting to get pretty tired.
This is a game. Games take second priority to other things. I have stuff going on lately and frankly deducing every detail in a mafia game isn't going to be placed above all other things. So I'll do what I please and if you wanna lynch me for it go for it. :) Waste a day period on a civ. I'll try and get votes in but me not looking much I haven't had much to say so I'd probably get jumped on for those too. I don't want to be replaced because this is just temporary, but whatever.
Not asking for every detail, just asking for a little more than "lol dunno ;) "

If you didn't have enough time to play, or don't want to, then don't sign up, as it's unfair to those who actually do.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Also cool no NK. :biggrin:
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Pleased I am to be able to communicate in my usual way :)

Displeased I am at the fact that no one noticed that the nefarious no goodniks attempted to transfer their fate to me, the only Pixie in this game.

So I have learned that in order to transfer a lawful lynch, one does not need a ballot cast on them. Someone very apparently feels threatened by my teeny personage, overcompensation much??

I am glad I won a contest; there were 4 prizes. One was a Lynch Save, another a protection from all ills night two, one the reveal of a role (the Shoemaker was revealed, I believe) and the fourth the private revelation of one of the SKs secrets. I chose the Lynch Save, and a smart move that was!!! The three that chose amongst the other prizes know I tell true about the prize list.

But why me? Was it my suspicion of Ameerah? She who is blendy and fond of hyperbole? Not sure, I have to reread myself, lol, to see whom I may have offended. But offended some pernicious individual I did :ponder:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:Pleased I am to be able to communicate in my usual way :)

Displeased I am at the fact that no one noticed that the nefarious no goodniks attempted to transfer their fate to me, the only Pixie in this game.

So I have learned that in order to transfer a lawful lynch, one does not need a ballot cast on them. Someone very apparently feels threatened by my teeny personage, overcompensation much??

I am glad I won a contest; there were 4 prizes. One was a Lynch Save, another a protection from all ills night two, one the reveal of a role (the Shoemaker was revealed, I believe) and the fourth the private revelation of one of the SKs secrets. I chose the Lynch Save, and a smart move that was!!! The three that chose amongst the other prizes know I tell true about the prize list.

But why me? Was it my suspicion of Ameerah? She who is blendy and fond of hyperbole? Not sure, I have to reread myself, lol, to see whom I may have offended. But offended some pernicious individual I did :ponder:

You were cursed? Part of me thought you were japan-ing your posts to avoid Rumplestiltskin based on a translation of one of your posts. TBQH, I'm glad you're back to normal.

Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:
Finnian Metalfox wrote:
Not asking for every detail, just asking for a little more than "lol dunno ;) "

If you didn't have enough time to play, or don't want to, then don't sign up, as it's unfair to those who actually do.
I didn't think I'd be so strapped for time. I never said I didn't want to, I really do want to because I do like the idea of a sock puppet game, and like I said this is all happening now and will be over with soon and I'll try to make an attempt to immerse myself.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Yay, no night kill. :bounce:
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Queran, I was forced to drink a very vile elixir of evil, and the result was such as you saw. It did keep me from being the target of those who inexplicably fear my tiny self directly, forcing them to resort to subterfuge. Perhaps this elixir may do the same for others :)

*1*
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:Yay, no night kill. :bounce:
So from the other posters eval, I did nt look myself admittedly, it seems there's no civ why for you to have survived. And you seem to not know either so that rules out secrets.

So any thoughts on your survival?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
So from the other posters eval, I did nt look myself admittedly, it seems there's no civ why for you to have survived. And you seem to not know either so that rules out secrets.

Crap.

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Fair enough Finnian, my point is not to be so aggressive about people wishing you'd put forth more effort. It looks strange when it's Day 3 and you pop in to make one or two liners and not much else. Nobody's saying you should make uberposts or nab a baddie in your first case, but *a* thought would be nice. Especially considering the sorry state of affairs we find ourselves in baddie-catching wise.

Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

What think you of my claim that the stringing up that should have resulted in your death was redirected to me?

*2*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Bac, I have two questions for you:

First question: Can you elaborate on your thoughts about the secret roles that you posted while you were in Anime Mode? I remember thinking Gobnait's uncannily accurate deciphering of your japanese posts regarding the secret roles was odd.

Second Question: Do you have any thoughts on my "catch" regarding Carmen's saying she would read back on Mainchin and then actually never posting anything about her thoughts on mainchin?

Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

As-salamu alaykum!

For a Djinn, my luck regarding prizes leaves something to be desired. If only I had a master who would wish goodness upon me (linguistic note: In the Lowland Djinn tongue, "goodness" roughly translates "boobies"). Thank you for the information Bac. I trust your tongue is not a lying one.

Now then:

No vote on Day 1. No Night kill on Night 1. No vote on Day 3. No Night kill on Night 3. Did you know the Middle Easterners invented this thing you call "algebra?" Mathematicians look for things called "patterns." I believe I have discovered one. Another linguistic note: "Algebra" comes from the word "al-jabr," which means "restoration." I believe it's time we restored justice. :srsnod:

But for the present, this Djinn will turn his attention to all the wondrous goodness in the world. :noble:

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:As-salamu alaykum!

For a Djinn, my luck regarding prizes leaves something to be desired. If only I had a master who would wish goodness upon me (linguistic note: In the Lowland Djinn tongue, "goodness" roughly translates "boobies"). Thank you for the information Bac. I trust your tongue is not a lying one.

Now then:

No vote on Day 1. No Night kill on Night 1. No vote on Day 3. No Night kill on Night 3. Did you know the Middle Easterners invented this thing you call "algebra?" Mathematicians look for things called "patterns." I believe I have discovered one. Another linguistic note: "Algebra" comes from the word "al-jabr," which means "restoration." I believe it's time we restored justice. :srsnod:

But for the present, this Djinn will turn his attention to all the wondrous goodness in the world. :noble:

Interesting observation, Wispy Footed Fez Wearer. Certainly another thing to consider today in what is possibly our most important vote yet. Also did anyone notice the bit in the night post wherein Roxy said the sun "might last a while?" Are we looking at two lynches in a row?
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I should note that the above post is my fourth ^

Supervisor
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Etain Royalskull wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine. :ponder:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
What think you of my claim that the stringing up that should have resulted in your death was redirected to me?

*2*
I don't understand what you're asking me.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Anyone who answers in the dark of Night but answers not in the light of Day is no friend of mine.

Can anyone vouch for the nocturnal Metalfox?

Return to “Previous Jobs”