Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Simon »

I will wait and try to save myself if I can. :nicenod:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:I will be sad if Simon is not Team Hutt... well I'm sad for Simon either way, I wanted him to hang around longer. I always felt that my case was more indicative of enrique being bad and that simon might just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. To break the tie in favour of a Hutt surviving twice would be very unlucky.

But, it is also very hard for me to ignore.
Right. It really does look bad for him...but Elo's point seems salient, too, ya know?
I suppose that it's possible that the Hutt team just hasn't been very active in BTSC, so that there wasn't any coaching of Simon going on there? Not all baddie BTSC involves rigorous strategizing and discussion of posts/votes/etc.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Simon wrote:Stop voting for me. :mad:

I don't know why eight people are doing that. I thought I could break the tie.

I think a bad guy is someone who is nervous.
I agree! And to be honest, you do not seem very nervous...
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Simon, when you've been bad in the past have you interacted a lot with your teammates, or do you prefer to fly solo?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

I know canuck - it's like - weighing simon's behaviour up against the evidence... what way to you go?

And I guess for me the answer was... if I didn't lynch simon, I'd just keep coming back to him because of those two votes being so hard to ignore.

If this game had a rezz anywhere and simon came back civ, I'd hope we could get him back.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

Trouble is, Simon's vote in two lynches looks like it was quite deliberately placed to save/try to save a teammate. Not that it matters much, but he also didn't vote Enrique when practically everyone else did. His votes just don't look good.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by thellama73 »

All right, caught up!

Here is my list of suspects:
Golden
Zebra
Ninja Blooper
Glorfindel

Since MP lists both Golden and Zebra as heavily trusted, I feel good about those suspicions, since he is usually wrong.

But which one to vote for?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:All right, caught up!

Here is my list of suspects:
Golden
Zebra
Ninja Blooper
Glorfindel

Since MP lists both Golden and Zebra as heavily trusted, I feel good about those suspicions, since he is usually wrong.

But which one to vote for?
What's your Simon position??
I'd consider a Glorfindel or Ninja vote if I don't decide to join the Simon boat
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think ninja would be a poor vote choice. I doubt llama will trust my view on that, though.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:I think ninja would be a poor vote choice. I doubt llama will trust my view on that, though.
I do not share llama's suspicion of you, so this is very intriguing to me.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Glorfindel »

Canucklehead wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I accept now that the weight of evidence against Simon appears to be considerable. I have said previously however that I would not vote for him and for better or worse I will remain true to my word. I'm placing my vote this phase on someone I find highly suspicious for their actions towards the end of the last Day phase - Nijuukyugou

More from me on this shortly...
So you agree that Simon looks very bad, but refuse to vote for him because.....principles? Gah. Dammit Glorfindel, I keep wanting not to suspect you because I'm worried that my suspicion of you is just because you're super nice and I'm a crabby bitch (see also: me suspecting Juliets in every game ever).....but then you do things like this and I'm back to thinking you're a baddie.
Sigh.
If you are asking me to make a choice my friend between my principles and your perception of my guilt or otherwise, I'll be going with my principles EVERY SINGLE TIME! One thing about me that I'm afraid you will now never have the opportunity to learn about me is that I seldom if ever, sheep. Personally, it almost never turns out well for me and it makes me extremely uneasy being around people that do (sheep, that is...).
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Um I have no idea what's happening and am not at all caught up. So I'm torn between bandwagoning Simon and following Dr Wilgy, who is one of my new favorite players.

DFaraday
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:Image
Sheep (verb): voting blindly with the prevailing general opinion without recourse to reason, argument or rationale
- Mafia Dictionary according to Glorfindel. 2016 Version.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, what we would call bandwagon. Right.

Sheep, according to Golden:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

In b4 NZ jokes about how I should be intimately familiar with what a sheep is.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:In b4 NZ jokes about how I should be intimately familiar with what a sheep is.
Damn!

OT: I don't consider the two terms synonymous at all. In my opinion one can bandwagon legitimately if they sincerely believe that they have justification that in at least their own mind is based on some kind of logic or intuition. Sheeping is bandwagonning without any justification.

Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Simon »

Canucklehead wrote:Simon, when you've been bad in the past have you interacted a lot with your teammates, or do you prefer to fly solo?
I was never bad. I like being a good guy so I can save the world. :srsnod:
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Roxy »

Elohcin wrote:My response in pink.
Roxy wrote:Elo care to respond to the points I made against you? And also to my questions since you have ignored them since the last lynch?
Roxy wrote:I just quick read Elo's posts. odd things:

She has never mentioned me as a suspicion before.
So what? You sll of a sudden starting sounding suspicious to me.
She did not bother to wait for a response before voting.
not true. you responded with overdefensiveness and anger. That is when I voted.
She makes accusations that are simply not true.
Show me.
She ignored my answers to people wanting to know why I was suspiciousof them.
I did not. I said they were unreasonable.

Cfd ELO HAHAHA
Lie #1
It is true Elo. Here is the first time you mention me and you vote in the same post BEFORE you say I was angry even though I said I was not angry - just INSULTED at the way you say I pulled "shit out of my butt"
Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Yay! I'll catch up as quick as I can but in the meantime if anyone would like to summarise what has gone on so far I'd appreciate it.
Canucklehead wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Roxy wrote:The people I think are bad and I will bevoting one of them:

Zebra
DFaraday
Dom
TheFloyd
Canuck
Wiggly
Ninjabloops
dear Roxy,
Could you please explain why I am on that beautiful list?

Much love,
Wiggly
Me too, please.
Roxy wrote:Also MP he is doing that thing again.
What thing?

Roxy your list does seem a little willy nilly with no explanations.
Welcome Bullz even though you tried to lynch me the last game we played together. :P

So I'll give a quick and hopefully unbias summary.
A portion of the players including myself has been suspicious of Enrique for awhile, Enrique claims to be poisoned and we've had alot of back and forth about him. Day 1 we lynched Matt who flipped as Boba Fett a third party. Day 2 the lynch was between Enrique and Bass (I believe) and Bass ended up getting lynched. He flipped Ackbar a civ. Yesterday bcornett24 was lynched and he flipped as Jabba one of the mafia, we are know thinking Enrique/Simon are teammates of bcornett24 which is a reason for the Enrique lynch

The first two phases neither mafia team submitted a kill . After Matt and Bass subbed in the Empire killed which is leading me to believe one of them is a mafia member or another inactive member who picked up on there activity.

Not sure how active I'll be today so I'm voting Enrique know instead of later.
Good summary sig, that was kind of you. I could get behind a Matt lynch. He seems to be taken aback with his new role as he isn't posting. I wonder if he subbed into a baddie team of non-participants.
Roxy wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Zebra
DFaraday
Dom
TheFloyd
Canuck
Wiggly
Ninjabloops
dear Roxy,

Much love,
Wiggly
Me too, please.
Very simply its your lack of voting which equals follow through in my book. The only vote you made in this game is for Cloud City.

Linky dang give me a minute I needed coffee., nervous?
What about your lack of voting?
Roxy wrote:Simon is also on my list bc one minute he is following my vote the next he is suspicious of me.
goodness, none of your reason seem civ-like to me. Just b/c someone votes that same way as you doesn't mean they think you are civ. You seem to be pulling shit out of your butt :p I can't decide if I should vote for you or for Matt. I think I am going to go ahead and vote Roxy. Its too much for me to ignore.

And what is CFD?

Roxy wrote:Why do you think my response is angry? Why not insulted? bc that is what it was.

My opinion was that it sounded like you were angry. I believe others agreed with me. SO I am not the only one that thought you came off that way.

AGAIN - I was not angry just insulted at the disgusting way you describe my suspicions. I do not care what others do what I care about is what you do and how *you* respond since I am questioning *you* and not others who you say agreed with you.

You said "lack of voting" impling more than one. ;)
I don't believe "lack of voting" implies more than one. It means that at some point you didn't vote. I mentioned this because you were getting all over someone else's case for not voting when you had missed a vote yourself.

I missed ONE vote Canuck had missed EVERY vote except for Day 0 - - its different if you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

Why not wait for a response? Why not respond to the odd things I pointed out about you?
Again, I did wait for your response. And what odd behavior? Please share examples as I have no idea what you are referring to

Linky

You did not wait for a response as I have pointed out and now pulled the quote.

I did share the examples in the post you responded to note it says "odd things". (I made it big so you can see it) LOLOLOLOLOLOL
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

EBWOP - to red my answer
Elohcin wrote:My response in pink.
Roxy wrote:Elo care to respond to the points I made against you? And also to my questions since you have ignored them since the last lynch?
Roxy wrote:I just quick read Elo's posts. odd things:

She has never mentioned me as a suspicion before.
So what? You sll of a sudden starting sounding suspicious to me.
She did not bother to wait for a response before voting.
not true. you responded with overdefensiveness and anger. That is when I voted.
She makes accusations that are simply not true.
Show me.
She ignored my answers to people wanting to know why I was suspiciousof them.
I did not. I said they were unreasonable.

Cfd ELO HAHAHA
Lie #1
It is true Elo. Here is the first time you mention me and you vote in the same post BEFORE you say I was angry even though I said I was not angry - just INSULTED at the way you say I pulled "shit out of my butt"

Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Yay! I'll catch up as quick as I can but in the meantime if anyone would like to summarise what has gone on so far I'd appreciate it.
Canucklehead wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Zebra
DFaraday
Dom
TheFloyd
Canuck
Wiggly
Ninjabloops
dear Roxy,

Much love,
Wiggly
Me too, please.
Roxy wrote:Also MP he is doing that thing again.
What thing?

Roxy your list does seem a little willy nilly with no explanations.
Welcome Bullz even though you tried to lynch me the last game we played together. :P

So I'll give a quick and hopefully unbias summary.
A portion of the players including myself has been suspicious of Enrique for awhile, Enrique claims to be poisoned and we've had alot of back and forth about him. Day 1 we lynched Matt who flipped as Boba Fett a third party. Day 2 the lynch was between Enrique and Bass (I believe) and Bass ended up getting lynched. He flipped Ackbar a civ. Yesterday bcornett24 was lynched and he flipped as Jabba one of the mafia, we are know thinking Enrique/Simon are teammates of bcornett24 which is a reason for the Enrique lynch

The first two phases neither mafia team submitted a kill . After Matt and Bass subbed in the Empire killed which is leading me to believe one of them is a mafia member or another inactive member who picked up on there activity.

Not sure how active I'll be today so I'm voting Enrique know instead of later.
Good summary sig, that was kind of you. I could get behind a Matt lynch. He seems to be taken aback with his new role as he isn't posting. I wonder if he subbed into a baddie team of non-participants.
Roxy wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Zebra
DFaraday
Dom
TheFloyd
Canuck
Wiggly
Ninjabloops
dear Roxy,

Much love,
Wiggly
Me too, please.
Very simply its your lack of voting which equals follow through in my book. The only vote you made in this game is for Cloud City.

Linky dang give me a minute I needed coffee., nervous?
What about your lack of voting?
Roxy wrote:Simon is also on my list bc one minute he is following my vote the next he is suspicious of me.
goodness, none of your reason seem civ-like to me. Just b/c someone votes that same way as you doesn't mean they think you are civ. You seem to be pulling shit out of your butt :p I can't decide if I should vote for you or for Matt. I think I am going to go ahead and vote Roxy. Its too much for me to ignore.

And what is CFD?

Roxy wrote:Why do you think my response is angry? Why not insulted? bc that is what it was.

My opinion was that it sounded like you were angry. I believe others agreed with me. SO I am not the only one that thought you came off that way.

AGAIN - I was not angry just insulted at the disgusting way you describe my suspicions. I do not care what others do what I care about is what you do and how *you* respond since I am questioning *you* and not others who you say agreed with you.

You said "lack of voting" impling more than one. ;)
I don't believe "lack of voting" implies more than one. It means that at some point you didn't vote. I mentioned this because you were getting all over someone else's case for not voting when you had missed a vote yourself.

I missed ONE vote Canuck had missed EVERY vote except for Day 0 - - its different if you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

Why not wait for a response? Why not respond to the odd things I pointed out about you?
Again, I did wait for your response. And what odd behavior? Please share examples as I have no idea what you are referring to

Linky

You did not wait for a response as I have pointed out and now pulled the quote.

I did share the examples in the post you responded to note it says "odd things". (I made it big so you can see it) LOLOLOLOLOLOL
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rezz please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Uh yeah voting for Elo bc why wait for a response? I gave her way more time than she gave me (which was ZERO)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DFaraday wrote:
Roxy wrote: DFaraday - I am suspicious of you bc you are playing a game that I am not used to seeing from you. It is NOT blendy. Which troubles me greatly. You have provided original thoughts and suspicions which is so far out of the norm for you that I have this feeling about you. You are bad. Maybe indy but I feel its more likely that you are bad.

Sweet Christmas, I just can't win. I get lynched in 90% of the games I'm in for being blendy, and now I'm being suspected for having original thoughts?

I don't know what to say other than to assure you assure you that I am not bad. Even with posting original thoughts, I'm really not a threat to anyone in this game.
It is just very strange that you now change your game style after years of playing blendy. It pinged me and you responded. Your response, however, pings me again bc you say "I'm really not a threat to anyone in this game" - sounds like an Indy.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

also to my nemesis llama - :fishslap:
welcome to the game.
;)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I am still feeling like crap and am I legit trying to catch up/keep up (mostly today - yesterday was a stay-at-home-from-work-and-sleep day, and today probably should've been that, too), but my sick-brain, combined with work, is not allowing me to play and analyze at the level I wish to play at. My apologies. While I do get concerned, as others have mentioned in my short read, about bandwagons, and what appears to be a bandwagon on Simon, it does look pretty damning to break two ties that were both for Hutts. Eloh makes a good point about Simon playing on his own and maybe not voting the way he has if a team were coaching him, but someone else made a point that having BTSC doesn't necessarily mean there is coaching involved. Anyway, sorry Simon, but the voting evidence points in your direction, so my vote goes there today.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm about to eat something and find out if this feeling in my stomach is hunger or sick-nausea, and then curl back up into a ball on the couch. Don't stay tuned; it may not be pretty. I hope to be back at optimal capacity soon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:PULL
ImageImageImage
MovingPictures07 wrote:PULL
ImageImageImage
thellama73 wrote:PULL
ImageImageImage
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by thellama73 »

All right, Blooper it is. Sorry, Blooper.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

So the prevailing wisdom would suggest that what we've just seen is a whole bunch of lazy civs voting for Simon to start the day, followed by the lurky scum rocking up late to the party and not voting Simon. With flavour in between.

But to what end would these evidently lurky Empire scum not vote Simon? I agree that he is very suspicious and if he is suspicious for the reasons we believe he is suspicious then why would Empire want him spared? Unless they know he is actually innocent? What actually stopped the railroading... My pleas for effort on other fronts? No, I actually believe that the scum were in the railroading, because that's the place to be. The Empire scum, had they been amongst these discerning more recent voters would be voting Simon. I actually like the players who have not voted him more than those that have right now.

Elohcin's point doesn't really fly too much with me because Simon could either have a lurky team or they actually might be instructing him to do what he did anyway, breaking ties left and right and then saying "if he was scum he wouldn't do that" is dictionary definition wifom, but of course mama bear would not want to lynch her cub so I can't blame her.

I still believe he is a Hutt, and our best chance for lynching scum. But I do appreciate that we now have some stuff to look back upon.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm here, but I'm exhausted. Let me try catching up now.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:All right, Blooper it is. Sorry, Blooper.
Well, if you're not going to vote glorfindel with me, I'm just going to vote him myself :p

J/K voting Simon. I'll vote Glorfindel when there's a chance it'll actually result in something.

I'm OK with the Simon lynch, though I worry that we don't really learn anything much since it's such a landslide. If we get a hutt, great, but not a lot of new info. If we can an empire, shocking but great. If we get a civ, yucky...and double yucky because we don't really learn much there either. The excuse of "but the vote pattern was so damning!!" is an easy one to hide behind, precisely because it's true. :shrug:
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Simon »

I'm voting Canucklehead. I think Canucklehead might be bad. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 4]

Post by Tangrowth »

Glorfindel wrote:Nobody wants my vote in this poll? Have I become THAT much of a pariah amongst you all? :(

On top of that, a number of you have now described me as 'disingenuous'. The dictionary meaning of that word is "not candid or sincere, typically pretending that one knows less about something than one really does". And that isn't insulting? I'm really starting to look forward more and more to the end of this game...
Nothing I say in this game is meant as an insult.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:@MP I've never seen bad Glorfindel, but some of his post seem very civvie this game others are not like his civ play it is strange.

I need to think about who I want to lynch, SImon could be a good option for tomorrow based around his votes, but with Enrique flip I'll be reading over some people and forming some new reads. I think we should watch the players who didn't vote for Enrique, I think the remaining Hutts are active and attempted to form another wagon or voted later in the phase for Enrique.

Also I don't think Luke is on the Hutts team he could be the other mafia but looking at his meta he wouldn't vote for a teammate.
Which ones?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
You are the one who has colour coded them. You must have feelings about them. How bout you share those feelings hmm?
I do have feelings about them, but many of the players I feel least confident about, as well as those I have the least substantive reads on, are in those groups.

I expressed feelings regarding these reads in previous posts and rainbow lists, particularly Night 3.

I don't have adequate time at the moment to hash over them (going to bed, in fact), but I'll gladly clarify as much as I can when I have more time.

What do you think, Mac?
You don't wanna know what I think.
Of course I do.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:Oh, so it is on me that we haven't caught the empire, is it, mac?

If we want to catch the bad guys, it must be done by me... no-one else can do it...

If you want to find the empire, I know that you are also plenty capable of supatown.

(My best guesses for members of the empire - glorfindel and eloh).

My primary effort goes to World Reborn because it is in end game, and all up, across everything I'm doing... I will not be as present as would be ideal from now until after Christmas. I am super busy. There is a reason I was the last man on to sign ups, and why I've said I won't be signing up for any more for a while.

BC tried to make out like my relative quietness was a sign of my baddiness. Go back and read my defence to that. It would serve you well now.

linki @Mac - not every egg needs to broken on the same day. Take RYM 87. Two baddie teams in that one. No hint of who the second baddie team was until the first one was gone. First day of looking for the new team... hole blown straight in the side. The point is, every day we lynch a baddie is a good day. I don't feel the need to bust my nut trying to find a baddie I'm not even going to lynch today.
As this is my first (and in all likelihood last) game here I've deliberately stood on the sidelines so far this game trying to find my bearings amongst you all in this unfamiliar community and now feel compelled to make the following observation:

I'm frankly appalled at the exchange that started last night as a consequence of this post. There is absolutely no question that there is little if any objective analysis being undertaken by most people playing this game. Certainly, everyone is 'coasting' on the Simon bandwagon and I for one am not so naive or stupid to think for a second that sooner or later (although sadly probably sooner :( ) I will fall victim to this approach that I've seen displayed throughout the game. It seems to me that the majority of the players in this game just seem to be taking the easy way out all the time - eliminate the low posters, the strangers... Don't be concerned about the players who barely participate and then just drop of the planet (Russtifinko). Ignore people like Nijuukyoguo who (suspiciously in my view) just drop in out of nowhere to post a vote on me just after someone with an equally sparse voting record this game had just done the same thing...

And YOU Golden - you criticise everyone for sheeping and yet you nominate me as one of your prime candidates for lynching based on your "guess"? I'd have frankly expected more from a player of your reputation and obvious calibre. From an outsider's perspective, I continue to see an extraordinary lack of willingness on behalf of a lot of you to actively consider the potential guilt of players within your own clique and that myopia could very easily cost us this game.

My apologies if anyone takes offence at anything I've said above but please understand the frustration I am feeling with what I see happening here...

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, well done Mac, trying to catch me in semantics! My favourite!

To me, a team consists of people who have btsc, or in odd cases (like Greedo) it can extend a little beyond. But people always like to try and use the word 'team' to trip people up. I'll add you to the list.
Then why bother adding the second part to your sentence? Dramatic effect?
I was assuming you think you see a connection between me and MP. I wanted to make it clear that not only are you wrong that I am empire, you are also wrong about any connection you see between me and MP. I have no knowledge of his affiliation, although I read him civ.
Actually I don't see any connection between you two in the thread. I think you are both suspicious independent of one another.
Talk to me more about Golden. I'm still seeing him as genuine, but I'm skeptical.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Simon wrote:I'm voting Canucklehead. I think Canucklehead might be bad. :srsnod:
Wow. Canucklehead is like my biggest civ read?

What an unusual breadcrumb trail.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, well done Mac, trying to catch me in semantics! My favourite!

To me, a team consists of people who have btsc, or in odd cases (like Greedo) it can extend a little beyond. But people always like to try and use the word 'team' to trip people up. I'll add you to the list.
Then why bother adding the second part to your sentence? Dramatic effect?
I was assuming you think you see a connection between me and MP. I wanted to make it clear that not only are you wrong that I am empire, you are also wrong about any connection you see between me and MP. I have no knowledge of his affiliation, although I read him civ.
Actually I don't see any connection between you two in the thread. I think you are both suspicious independent of one another.
I would say there's a chance that MP is bad. Golden, less so.
Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:I still think Roxy and Zebra could both be bad. Zebra is quieter than her civ self imo. Roxy is over defensive. But I do think, like sig said, that team Empire is mostly inactive. But we have to go after those we have something on before we go after inactives b/c there are so many, most of civ, I'm sure. It's hard.
So you suspect zebra because she's manipulative, or because she's quiet?

This seems to conflict your prior reason.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
I think MP and Golden are on the Empire team.
Well you sure didn't disappoint on the controversial aspect. I've caught up now and I've seen the elaborations of your reads, but if these reads are independently suspicious to you, why are you leaning towards Empire specifically, or them being on the same team at all for that matter?
It's more of a one or the other thing.

While they have interacted as golden said, that's not bad. What's bad is that neither have been very discerning of any of the more aggressive players. Lots of low hanging fruit. I also find it strange that yesterday was so quiet. Where were our supatown players? A blight against me maybe but Golden and MP have been reactive to me.
I was silenced yesterday. In addition, as much as I would love to supatown this game, I'm a bitch to RL until the 8th.

That said, you have a point. I haven't examined the more aggressive players enough. I haven't examined everyone enough.

What does the underlined mean?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Can we lynch Roxy tomorrow?
After lynching simon today, you mean?

I would be up for healthy discussion about Roxy. I've read her as good, but there are reasons to doubt. Which team would you see Roxy as being on?
I also would like to discuss Roxy and many other players.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Roxy, I might have underlined your name at that time, but I actually waited to vote. If the voting was time-stamped you would be able to see that it is true. All the other things you say are "odd behavior" don;t have any merit. It is not odd to go from not suspecting someone to suspecting someone. It happens EVERY day in Mafia. You say I make accusations that aren't true. I guess you are referring to me saying that your posts sounds angry when you say you were insulted. That is my OPINION. You SOUNDED angry to me. Lastly, you say I ignored you responses to why you thought others were suspicious. That is simply not true as I gave my thoughts on them. That is anything but ignoring. I don't think you have anything on me whatsoever. I will be disregarding your posts unless you can come up with something new. I cannot say your name in Mafia anymore without you flying off the handle (IMO) and it's getting old.

Linki MP: I'm going to double check, but I don;t think I ever said anything about zebra being manipulative, only quiet. I do remember someone else saying she was being manipulative though

limki MP, again: What are your thoughts on Roxy?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have an Econometrics II Final tomorrow and need to go back into crunch study mode.
I'll school you at Econometrics II, just like I did the first time around.
:fist:

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure I schooled my exam. :slick:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Canucklehead
sig
a2thezebra

MovingPictures07
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Bullzeye

nijuukyugou
Dom

Bubbles
Golden
Luke11646

Bass
Sorsha
Glorfindel

DFaraday
Matt
Black Rock
Roxy
Russtifinko

Simon
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That would be from what Jimmy refers to as the "eye test".
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Busy day tomorrow-- nothing' schanged... Simon it is.
Dom, when you get the chance, let's talk suspects. I know we tend to have different viewpoints, so I want to see where we disagree and why. I feel you've been a bit tame in recent cycles (though we all have, I'm sure due to individual RL situations, and I know you work retail), so I want to hear more of your thoughts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:Sorry I've been gone for about a day. Yeah, Simon.
Where is your fire, zebra? Where is that supatown fire?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:This is no way to hunt a likely fully in tact scum team. No vote pressure on anyone except Simon. Lots of gambling posts. No egg breaking. Empire can just come in vote Simon and leave, how are we supposed to flush them out if we just do that?
+1

I apologize to my contribution failure lately, but I'm here for a few hours, so let's change this going forward. Day 6 might be a bit rough for me as well, but let's get this thread back into shape. I agree with Mac that this game is coasting way too badly... ever since Day 1 even, frankly.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, so it is on me that we haven't caught the empire, is it, mac?

If we want to catch the bad guys, it must be done by me... no-one else can do it...

If you want to find the empire, I know that you are also plenty capable of supatown.

(My best guesses for members of the empire - glorfindel and eloh).

My primary effort goes to World Reborn because it is in end game, and all up, across everything I'm doing... I will not be as present as would be ideal from now until after Christmas. I am super busy. There is a reason I was the last man on to sign ups, and why I've said I won't be signing up for any more for a while.

BC tried to make out like my relative quietness was a sign of my baddiness. Go back and read my defence to that. It would serve you well now.

linki @Mac - not every egg needs to broken on the same day. Take RYM 87. Two baddie teams in that one. No hint of who the second baddie team was until the first one was gone. First day of looking for the new team... hole blown straight in the side. The point is, every day we lynch a baddie is a good day. I don't feel the need to bust my nut trying to find a baddie I'm not even going to lynch today.
As this is my first (and in all likelihood last) game here I've deliberately stood on the sidelines so far this game trying to find my bearings amongst you all in this unfamiliar community and now feel compelled to make the following observation:

I'm frankly appalled at the exchange that started last night as a consequence of this post. There is absolutely no question that there is little if any objective analysis being undertaken by most people playing this game. Certainly, everyone is 'coasting' on the Simon bandwagon and I for one am not so naive or stupid to think for a second that sooner or later (although sadly probably sooner :( ) I will fall victim to this approach that I've seen displayed throughout the game. It seems to me that the majority of the players in this game just seem to be taking the easy way out all the time - eliminate the low posters, the strangers... Don't be concerned about the players who barely participate and then just drop of the planet (Russtifinko). Ignore people like Nijuukyoguo who (suspiciously in my view) just drop in out of nowhere to post a vote on me just after someone with an equally sparse voting record this game had just done the same thing...

And YOU Golden - you criticise everyone for sheeping and yet you nominate me as one of your prime candidates for lynching based on your "guess"? I'd have frankly expected more from a player of your reputation and obvious calibre. From an outsider's perspective, I continue to see an extraordinary lack of willingness on behalf of a lot of you to actively consider the potential guilt of players within your own clique and that myopia could very easily cost us this game.

My apologies if anyone takes offence at anything I've said above but please understand the frustration I am feeling with what I see happening here...
I will continue to not vote for Russti or Ninja, as well. I'm not concerned about either of them. If the only people you can name as suspects are people that I have absolutely no suspicion of, then I'm not going to create a whole lot of content about those suspicions.

A game cannot be solved in a day. If I recall correctly, you were one of the two who were upset at those expecting everyone to play the game the way people told them to... when they were being asked by zebra to generate content.

Now, you are upset because I proclaim there isn't a need to create content all the time.

I have difficulty reconciling these two statements. And if you think for one second my suspicion of you is a 'guess' in the sense that it is not backed up with activities in the thread... then I'm not sure you have a good grip on me yet.

I also note zebra seems extra quiet today - has she been silenced?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:I have reason to believe Dfaraday is broke, and we shouldbe suspish of him for it.

Lol rafing Wilgy fell asleep XD
Why should we suspect someone with little to no money?

Return to “Previous Jobs”