Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 12

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:Even to the extent that I'm beginning to think that the fight with Dom could be a sign of Dom and Matt being on the same team, trying to make Dom look bad so that Matt can survive longer term. Today has felt like a gambit to secure Matt's survival.

I agree with Tranq, in that I'm coming out of this side of the day feeling like all these guys could be bad... wouldn't it be funny if the four guys we voted to be on the poll are an entire team :p
I doubt Matt and Dom are faking their back & forth :p
Draconus wrote:I am tearing the rest of my hair out trying to figure you out, Matt.

So here it goes. Pants down, bearing all, gun to head, "WHAT TEAM?!"
I think Matt, TH, and Timmer are Decay. Possibly Lorab, too, if she's bad. (and that's a fat fucking IF)
I think SVS could be the last Cabal, and I think she recruited Dom.
My thoughts atm are similar to yours. Not the same, but similar.
LoRab wrote:Timmer has got to be a baddie. I think he's circle and I agree he has to have at least 2 teammates. I think he was in the right place at the right time to be removed twice and I think his teammates are making sure he stays that way.
If Timmer is at the right place at the right time, he likely has 3 teammates left.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:I think all three of you could be bad tbh.

I'm still thinking TH > Matt > Dom atm but i haven't voted yet. I'm willing to consider all options.

Do any of you think Timmer isn't a baddie?
Do you think he's Cabal or Circle?
Assuming he's Circle, who do you think his teammates are? He has to have atleast 2 or 3.
How do you think he managed to disappear from the poll two times in a row?
Thoughts on the Cabal?
Thoughts on the Living Statue?
Thoughts on SVS?
Thoughts on LoRab?
Sorry, I should have answered these sooner... I didn't have time when I woke up and then I forgot they were there.

I'm pretty sure timmer is a baddie, and he must be on a team of at least three. So circle. This is my implication from him being missing from the poll two days in a row. Teammates - TH, Matt, Typhoony (dead) is my best guess. The Matt/Dom fight has me also thinking Dom is a chance, but I don't really think they'd waste a kill on him so I'm not thinking that is likely.

I think the Cabal is also probably three people strong right now (technically two because I think the golem is protecting that team) and I also think perhaps Floyd was not on that team after all (trickster ability). What do you think of that, tranq? Do you think it possible that the trickster made floyd appear to be on the cabal team because you were convinced he was? Another option for me is Luke was the one who wasn't really bad. But, I haven't heard of people being poisoned since he died, so I think he probably really was that role, and I think the trickster doesn't just make their affiliation change, but they look like an entirely different role.

The Living Statue - I think it is sort of out there who this person is now, but I don't want to feed that. I think my thoughts on this can be gathered from my general thoughts on the individual in question.

SVS - trickster. LoRab - I don't think she has me fooled. But I don't feel as certain as I do about splints and sorsha. Actually, tranq, I'd put lorab in a category with you - people I have reason to believe are good, but I don't really have enough information to prove it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:Draco-- why do I want to lynch SVS, then?
Looks good for you :shrug2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Interesting thought on the trickster making it look like someone else was on witherdeath.

I still strongly believe that Wilgy was on Witherdeath and that result was the Trickster.

I also think that Typh was an evil indy; I do not think he was on a team. I'm fairly sure of his role and it wouldn't make sense to be either a mafia team role or a civ/civ-friendly role.
Tranq wrote:
Golden wrote:Even to the extent that I'm beginning to think that the fight with Dom could be a sign of Dom and Matt being on the same team, trying to make Dom look bad so that Matt can survive longer term. Today has felt like a gambit to secure Matt's survival.

I agree with Tranq, in that I'm coming out of this side of the day feeling like all these guys could be bad... wouldn't it be funny if the four guys we voted to be on the poll are an entire team :p
I doubt Matt and Dom are faking their back & forth :p
Draconus wrote:I am tearing the rest of my hair out trying to figure you out, Matt.

So here it goes. Pants down, bearing all, gun to head, "WHAT TEAM?!"
I think Matt, TH, and Timmer are Decay. Possibly Lorab, too, if she's bad. (and that's a fat fucking IF)
I think SVS could be the last Cabal, and I think she recruited Dom.
My thoughts atm are similar to yours. Not the same, but similar.
LoRab wrote:Timmer has got to be a baddie. I think he's circle and I agree he has to have at least 2 teammates. I think he was in the right place at the right time to be removed twice and I think his teammates are making sure he stays that way.
If Timmer is at the right place at the right time, he likely has 3 teammates left.
I'd think he'd only need 2. At any rate, the question becomes, what happens if he stays put? What can we do about that? And given Golden's message, is there a greater risk in that? I think it's in our best interest for
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Lorab - it helps that we lynched so many indys early, but I think I have all 7 accounted for without Typh.

That's why I have him as bad.

And you think it is in our best interests for.... way to leave us hanging! :p
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:I'm pretty sure timmer is a baddie, and he must be on a team of at least three. So circle. This is my implication from him being missing from the poll two days in a row. Teammates - TH, Matt, Typhoony (dead) is my best guess. The Matt/Dom fight has me also thinking Dom is a chance, but I don't really think they'd waste a kill on him so I'm not thinking that is likely.
Timmer's 3 teammates would need to be very close to Timmer for that to work. Matt says he's way down south, though i'm not sure i believe his crap :p

Golden wrote:I think the Cabal is also probably three people strong right now (technically two because I think the golem is protecting that team) and I also think perhaps Floyd was not on that team after all (trickster ability). What do you think of that, tranq? Do you think it possible that the trickster made floyd appear to be on the cabal team because you were convinced he was? Another option for me is Luke was the one who wasn't really bad. But, I haven't heard of people being poisoned since he died, so I think he probably really was that role, and I think the trickster doesn't just make their affiliation change, but they look like an entirely different role.
I guess it's possible if the Feral Pixie or Karma Chameleon were involved. Or an item/role that mimicks their abilities.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

LoRab wrote:I'd think he'd only need 2. At any rate, the question becomes, what happens if he stays put? What can we do about that? And given Golden's message, is there a greater risk in that? I think it's in our best interest for
I just looked it up. He'd need three. I don't think i'm reading that wrong :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, I assume a matt lynch. Yeah, thats how I feel. I'm quite scared about the prospect of allowing Matt to finish his three days.

@tranq - but LC has basically allowed us to know the pixie is civ, right? I'm relying on that for some of my opinions. Chameleon though... that makes sense, actually. The other thing I think is that the possessing entity might be able to do something similar, I have a theory that role is about appearing to be others and making them appear to be you (from an affiliation perspective eg with LD checks).

@tranq - I think he only needs two. I'm with lorab on that. It's majority rules.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Hmm.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Yeah that makes sense :p
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:@Lorab - it helps that we lynched so many indys early, but I think I have all 7 accounted for without Typh.

That's why I have him as bad.

And you think it is in our best interests for.... way to leave us hanging! :p
It's possible that he wasn't indy, but, at any rate, I agree that he was not on the side of good. But what I have reason to think his role was, doesn't seem like a baddie team role. But maybe I'm wrong on that.

And I totally went to add something and forgot to finish the end sentence. I think it is in our best interests for Timmer/his team not find out where the swamp of everlasting night is.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I have Typhoony down as civ or indy due to him being NKd by the Cabal and his interactions with TH who i think is Circle.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Do you think Matt was being truthful when he said he was on the south side of the map atm?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

My gut says that he's being truthful about that particular piece of information. But that's just an assumption. He could be lying about it. Does it matter?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Well yes, he wouldn't be anywhere near Timmer's location if that's true.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I mean, he could be in the southern half of the map, still be in the right place, and not actually be lying....or there is a team of 4--and 2 are staying close and 1 is roaming around to discover new areas and find more targets.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Tranq wrote:Do you think Matt was being truthful when he said he was on the south side of the map atm?
Yes. I think I know the exact square, actually. But that only helps me run away, lol.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

How far away is it from the poll square? Assuming you know where that is, ofcourse :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Nope :p

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

You know nothing, Draconus!

Well i'm off to sleep. Sticking with my original thought and voting TH :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I know :sigh:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Saw this and thought of this game, the Dr Dre-idel.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/241045
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote:Saw this and thought of this game, the Dr Dre-idel.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/241045
This is too cool Lorab!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn - Day 12 Lynch

Post by Long Con »

-= The Man That No One Knew =-

Matt was led, held gruffly on each arm by the Tarnished Golem and the Living Statue, toward the Pool of Moonlight, where a Cage of Tears was set up, waiting for him. Matt struggled and fought, trying to slip out of his trenchcoat and away from their grasp, but to no avail.

"Please," he said, as the Essence Elemental. The Tarnished Golem didn't react, but the Living Statue seemed taken aback by Matt's new appearance. "Please, Statue, you were created to protect our realm, won't you stop this injustice?"

The Living Statue paused, and then shoved Matt into the cage. "You are not the Essence Elemental, for though you appear beautiful, you have none of her purity." The Tarnished Golem silently slammed the iron cage closed.

Dr Von Dreszenstein clutched at the latticed iron bars of the cage and looked to the Tarnished Golem. "I created you, and I now order you to free me!" The Tarnished Golem froze, a strange memory of a time and place that may have never existed causing a fleeting feeling to stir within its unbeating heart, but it was gone as soon as it had appeared, and the Golem was unmoved as ever.

As the cage was winched into a horizontal position, tiny white luminescent crabs streamed from the Pool, disturbed and frightened by the events, and they clung to the rocks and trees at the Pool's edge, their tiny eyes watching intently.

"
ENOUGH!" commanded the godly voice from within the Cage of Tears, which sat just above the water's surface. "I am Long Con, Shaper of Realities, and I command you both to walk into this Pool and never leave it again!" Golden light streamed through the bars of the cage, and the power of his divinity could be felt by both the Statue and the Golem. Twin pairs of wings, cramped behind him in the tight cage, flexed, bending the bars outward slightly.

"Enough of thissss..." the Lich's raspy voice hissed behind them. "This creature would say and do anything to fool you into going against the wishes of the Realm. He is no god, he is merely an animal in a cage. End this."

A lever was pulled, and the Cage of Tears slowly lowered beneath to Pool of Moonlight's surface. The Lich of Khastor Keep raged against the imposter on the shore. Gladius Mechaspark frantically tried to convince them that a mistake had been made. The Deadeye Raptor squawked and screeched... and then the Cage was underwater.

A strange hand, long-fingered and shifting in colour, burst up from beneath the surface one last time, before going pale grey and sinking too.

Matt has been lynched. He was the Karma Chameleon, a Civvie. He was also the Avenging Statue, on a Quest Win Condition.

It is now Night 12.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 12

Post by Marmot »

Well there you go.

I believed in you Matt. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

RIP Matt.

I did not believe in you, and that means that there must be a member of the circle that I can't account for, given timmer is getting himself off the poll.

I wonder, does anyone have an equivalent message like mine for what the Avenging Statue would be doing?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Votes are changeable in this poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I want to know about the trickster.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted Master Thief.

The big question here is: are all of these roles still alive? Is that why they are on the poll?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted Master Thief.

The big question here is: are all of these roles still alive? Is that why they are on the poll?
Certainly at least one is not.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Never mind, I doubt all of these roles are still alive.

Linki: You are correct.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

RIP Matt... I am sorry I was so wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

What is a quest win condition, do we think? I'm sorry to see Matt go as a player, and as a civ, but not sure it's a bad thing ultimately.

Need to sleep on which role I want to know what team.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha has voted for an awful lot of civilians lately. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden, how much do you trust Sorsha, and why?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:puppy:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Sorsha has voted for an awful lot of civilians lately. :ponder:
This is awfully convenient.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Sorsha has voted for an awful lot of civilians lately. :ponder:
What is this?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'd like ot know about the trickster, me thinks.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

My apologies, I had trouble getting into the site to vote.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

timmer wrote:My apologies, I had trouble getting into the site to vote.
No worries. You're evil, so we don't actually necessarily want you to vote. :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was going to say the same thing about Golden. :ponder:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
What is this?
If we go with Floyd being the last baddie lynched (and I don't think he was actually bad at this point), then we haven't lynched a baddie in 4 Days. Everyone's been voting for an awful lot of civilians lately-- what's your point?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I just said a bunch of words out loud that I would not be comfortable posting on any website.

That aside :rip: Matt. I'm sorry. I don't know who to trust anymore, and it's giving me very mixed emotions. I'm voting with MM for the Thief. No offense meant to any player in particular. I just have to know who I can trust. Why not the others? I think it's pretty clear what alignment the Trickster holds (and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the answer we get is a lie). I'm pretty sure the Soul Shade is dead. So let's not waste this vote.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why is Dr. Von Drezenbitch not on this poll?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Draco-- I'm voting Trickster because I hope it'll tell us which baddie team the trickster is on. I mean, yes, I would imagine the Trickster is bad, but if he's Cabal, it lends credence to a theory of mine. :)
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Good luck town! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

LoRab wrote:
timmer wrote:My apologies, I had trouble getting into the site to vote.
No worries. You're evil, so we don't actually necessarily want you to vote. :p
I'm not but there is no point arguing when I've been bamboozled. :shrug:
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
What is this?
If we go with Floyd being the last baddie lynched (and I don't think he was actually bad at this point), then we haven't lynched a baddie in 4 Days. Everyone's been voting for an awful lot of civilians lately-- what's your point?
Not quite.

But the only day that a civilian didn't actually win the poll was when timmer (currently unknown alignment) should have been lynched the other day, in which case Sorsha's vote was on Bass, a civ.

The other days, Sorsha voted on the DrWilgy wagon, the Bass wagon, and the Matt wagon, all civs.

I was under the belief that Sorsha was on a civilian power bloc. But now, I have a very hard time believing that Sorsha is who I thought she was.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”