Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:As fun as these vocaroo posts are, they are no longer a legal form of posting. How else are people supposed to play mafia while shirking their work duties?

I believe JJJ mentioned something about people locking themselves in the bathroom to record or listen. That could work.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epig and Fuzz, you still haven't voted. Vote Watari, we could use some advantage.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote: Lorab: I went after her in A World Reborn for the exact reason people are looking at her now. I regretted it. Nuf said.
BOTD'ing someone simply because of patterns repeating themselves? Hmm. :ponder:

*checks how low on the red scale Draconus was placed*

not low enough, it seems Image
Why is that bad?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MacDougall wrote:
Draconus wrote:Hello again! I am here But not quite I promise! Just entered super busy season for work, but I'm going to try and keep up. Sooooo.... FWIW, Here are the people I won't be voting for on day 1 so far:

Radical Fuzz: He's a strange one. But I see what he's trying to do with his initial post.

Lorab: I went after her in A World Reborn for the exact reason people are looking at her now. I regretted it. Nuf said.

I did not realize how short this list would be when I started it. I'm also surprised to see how many people have little to know content in this game (myself included :p)
So you immediately refute two major candidates, offer none of your own, and then recant under pressure from Wilgy pressing his smallpeen up against you in a crowded room and apparently now you will vote for Fuzz.

U bad. So bad.
Who's recanting under pressure? I'm still not voting for Fuzz unless better reasons come to light. And all I'm doing here is eliminating possibilities for my Day 1 vote. :shrug2:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote: Lorab: I went after her in A World Reborn for the exact reason people are looking at her now. I regretted it. Nuf said.

Why is that bad?
Because if X draws baddie role this time (or any future time), X could bank precisely on you feeling that you're seeing the same stuff he did back when he was civvie.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?
Because if X draws baddie role this time (or any future time), X could bank precisely on you feeling that you're seeing the same stuff he did back when he was civvie.
This is what is called meta.

What Draconus really said is, the behaviour people are finding suspicious conforms to LoRab's civilian meta, so isn't inherently suspicious. Don't you think that is a valid point? Or do you think judging people based on their meta is as a rule not helpful because people are able to reproduce their civilian meta when bad?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?
I understand that. But does being uncomfortable with voting for Lorab after lynching her as a civ in the last game we played together for the same reasons being brought up now make me bad? I'm sure I'm missing punctuations in that sentence :smile:

Linki: Precisely.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?

What Draconus really said is, the behaviour people are finding suspicious conforms to LoRab's civilian meta, so isn't inherently suspicious. Don't you think that is a valid point? Or do you think judging people based on their meta is as a rule not helpful because people are able to reproduce their civilian meta when bad?
I don't think it's that much of a valid point, given the person we're talking about - but I'm not particularly interested in exploring this subject right now.

Not sure I fully understand your second question, but I can acknowledge a player's meta, but when that meta is implacable, what previously confirmed the player as genuinely civilian could easily be a easy facade to use when baddie. So meta becomes a weak analytical weapon.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?
I understand that. But does being uncomfortable with voting for Lorab after lynching her as a civ in the last game we played together for the same reasons being brought up now make me bad? I'm sure I'm missing punctuations in that sentence :smile:

Your post read more like "I'm seeing nothing that I haven't seen before and it turned out civ, so not looking at it any differently now" rather than addressing whether to vote someone or not.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?

I don't think it's that much of a valid point, given the person we're talking about - but I'm not particularly interested in exploring this subject right now.

Not sure I fully understand your second question, but I can acknowledge a player's meta, but when that meta is implacable, what previously confirmed the player as genuinely civilian could easily be a easy facade to use when baddie. So meta becomes a weak analytical weapon.
I'm not saying meta is necessarily a great analytical weapon. But you aren't disagreeing with Draconus' point because you find it weak. You are calling Draconus bad for pointing out LoRab's civilian meta (as he knows it). I don't understand or see your thought process on that at all.

Let me put it another way. The way I see your posts is this. You agree with (or do not directly refute) Draconus' assertion that LoRab is conforming to her civ meta. But you think either LoRab, or Draconus, or both could be bad because 'just because LoRab reproduces her civ meta does not mean she is civ'. How does this make sense? The same could be said of any person.

Why do you find Draconus bad for stating his perspective of LoRab's meta? What is suspicious or pingworthy about that?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Hey everyone , wow 7 pages in night zero. I'm voting for the only role I recognize.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey everyone , wow 7 pages in night zero. I'm voting for the only role I recognize.
You played Death Note but don't recognize Watari?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

Just caught up on a few pages.....

Not finding LoRab's behavior this game suspicious... So far anyway.

The point on Fuzz is a little ping worthy atm, something I'll keep in mind for day one.

Stop with the vocaroo. This is not a vocaroo Mafia.

I have no new suspicions to speak of right now, watching a few more recent developments before I weigh in though.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?

I'm not saying meta is necessarily a great analytical weapon. But you aren't disagreeing with Draconus' point because you find it weak. You are calling Draconus bad for pointing out LoRab's civilian meta (as he knows it). I don't understand or see your thought process on that at all.

Let me put it another way. The way I see your posts is this. You agree with (or do not directly refute) Draconus' assertion that LoRab is conforming to her civ meta. But you think either LoRab, or Draconus, or both could be bad because 'just because LoRab reproduces her civ meta does not mean she is civ'. How does this make sense? The same could be said of any person.

Why do you find Draconus bad for stating his perspective of LoRab's meta? What is suspicious or pingworthy about that?
I don't think Draco is "pointing out LoRab's civilian meta", I think he says he ain't gonna lend an ear to her sussers, because what he sees is what he saw in a previous game and that's that. Again, it mostly depends on the players themselves, but in the case, in Draco's place, I would not rush to the same conclusion, because of what I said one quote above: what I saw in a previous game as "civilian meta" could work just as well as smokescreen for any future times the player would be bad. So I can't rely on this meta in particular.

So I guess what I'm basically finding Draco bad for is taking an easy way out of a debate, bwahaha. :SVS:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey everyone , wow 7 pages in night zero. I'm voting for the only role I recognize.
HIGUCHIIIIII
Attachments
1450623806061.gif
1450623806061.gif (107.48 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
:eye:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Why is that bad?

Your post read more like "I'm seeing nothing that I haven't seen before and it turned out civ, so not looking at it any differently now" rather than addressing whether to vote someone or not.
Well, I can't exactly say you're wrong there. Couldn't lynching someone twice in a row for the same reason expecting a different result be classified as insane, though? I'm not saying she is definitely 100% civ because she's doing the same thing she did in the last game. That's not it. I'm saying I want new evidence, a new reason to vote for her if/before I do vote for her.

Linki: But.... that was pointing out her metta... Just not in so many words.

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote: Stop with the vocaroo. This is not a vocaroo Mafia.
This. Some of us are in places where we can't play sound, and it's not fair to hide your content from us in that way. Very suspish.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Epig and Fuzz, you still haven't voted. Vote Watari, we could use some advantage.
Oh, huh. What?

I'm sorry, I'm still listening to atrociously recorded bullshit. Image

Why, yes I am working on the third Epignosis album. Why do you ask?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Epig and Fuzz, you still haven't voted. Vote Watari, we could use some advantage.
Oh, huh. What?

"Watari" option. Click on that. Click submit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Oh, huh. What?

"Watari" option. Click on that. Click submit.
Watari going to do? :omg:
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

I'll also add that Rico has my attention, not sure what to think of him so far but he's a bit pingy with the antics so far. :ponder:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorsha wrote:I'll also add that Rico has my attention, not sure what to think of him so far but he's a bit pingy with the antics so far. :ponder:
I can do this all game long. :nicenod:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:I'll also add that Rico has my attention, not sure what to think of him so far but he's a bit pingy with the antics so far. :ponder:
Why else wouldn't he have your attention? He's practically on a chainsaw juggling tricycles.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like MacDougall. Some thoughts about LoRab.

Quotes referenced:
Quote 1:
LoRab wrote:I need to wrap my brain around this game. I don't think I've played a champions game before--although I did co-host one. Cupcakes FTW!! Just got back from vacation...way too tired to think through what roles are included and how that decision may have been made. Will ponder after sleep. To do so earlier would be scandalous.
Quote 2:
LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:The trick to day 1 is... don't read the posts, read the tone. Lorab especially reads tone bad. I can feel the backspaces she wrote as she second guessed her way into a fumbly first post. She bad, def bad.

Linki: I also analysed those options in Star Wars. I got no beef with you analysing the options, but you dived in so dramatically and are taking it so seriously. It's hard to say where my magical day 1 pings come from, but they are definitely magical.
I not, def not. That was painful to type.

You've never played a game with me bad--how do you know how to read my tone? Oh, and wait, you thought I was bad last game, too. And were wrong. Just saying.

:lorab:
Quote 3:
LoRab wrote:Deciding not to overthink and just vote. Especially because votes are changable.

Voted Ezekiel because rabbi--I mean, he's in the bible, and even in the half of it I believe in as sacred text.
I enjoyed the format, but see the points against it. And, relatedly, can't remember what I was going to say in response to this because I can't look back at the quote. But, in general, I'll say that I write for a living--about 3/4 of my job is writing. I'm generally careful with language, or at least I try to be. This has come up a few times now, but it doesn't make me bad. It's just how I write. Like in every game I play, the suspicions against me are incorrectly reading my posts. But, eye me all you want. *twirls* :lorab: (oh, and I think the green things are scarves)
DFaraday wrote:All these posts are making me hate the word "scandalous." :P
LoRab wrote:Deciding not to overthink and just vote. Especially because votes are changable.

Voted Ezekiel because rabbi--I mean, he's in the bible, and even in the half of it I believe in as sacred text.
The Old Testament is closer to 2/3 of the Bible in terms of books/pages. I just wanted an excuse to use Pedantic Pink.

I tend not to over think these polls, but I think the point LoRab made that the role included would likely not be a Mafia role is a good one, unless this poll has no reward attached, in which case it wouldn't matter if the baddies knew about the role.

I don't think I've ever played with RadicalFuzz before, but he is definitely acting weird here.

Also I voted for Finn because that was the only one of these games I played.
But the Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament are not identical; there are books that are included in OT that are not in a Hebrew Bible (that's the actual definition of apocrypha...I won't even get started on pseudepigrapha.
Long Con wrote:Oh. Well, that is pretty crappy for those of us whose speakers are currently dead... or for people on phones with no headphones... or for people playing in church... or about a thousand other reasons why listening to audio can complicate things for people.
I'm now going to start imagining that all of my congregants are checking mafia during services. Thanks./orange
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Why else wouldn't he have your attention? He's practically on a chainsaw juggling tricycles.
I bet he has a saw butt.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I have the worst memory.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

I'm okay with vocaroo but only if metalmarsh is the only one allowed to use it.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:A current update of my rainbow list, hopefully less bloated and arbitrary this time.
Ricochet
DharmaHelper
MacDougall
thellama73
DharmaHelper
JaggedJimmyJay
Epignosis
a2thezebra
Hamburger Boy
Bass_the_Clever
Boomslang
bcornett24
Spacedaisy
Draconus
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Metalmarsh
Juliets
RadicalFuzz
Dom
sig
Matt
Tranq
Dr. Wilgy
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Black Rock
Long Con
DharmaHelper
Cute
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Boomslang is bad. Discuss.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:Boomslang is bad. Discuss.
If everyone agrees to lynch Golden, Boomslang, and Matt on Day 1, do you think the hosts will let us?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
If everyone agrees to lynch Golden, Boomslang, and Matt on Day 1, do you think the hosts will let us?
I only agree to this plan if Metalmarsh is included.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Update #tree
Ricochet
MacDougall
DharmaHelper
thellama73
DharmaHelper
[center][color=#FF0000]Epignosis[/color][/center] [center][color=#FF0000]a2thezebra[/color][/center] [center][color=#FF0000]Hamburger Boy[/color][/center] [center][color=#FF0000]Bass_the_Clever[/color][/center]
Boomslang
bcornett24
Spacedaisy
RadicalFuzz
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Metalmarsh
Juliets
Draconus
Dom
sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Tranq
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Dr. Wilgy
Black Rock
Long Con
DharmaHelper
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

oopsie
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Lynch 4 players on day 1? Yes please.

Mods?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You already know where my vote's going on Day 1. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You already know where my vote's going on Day 1. :grin:
Inconsequentially onto a random player for no apparent reason?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt post more scum guy so I can convince everyone u bad.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I played Death Note and had no freaking clue what was what.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lamest Game of Champions Night 0 ever.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Fixed.
Ricochet wrote:Update #tree
Metalmarsh89
MacDougall
DharmaHelper
thellama73
DharmaHelper
Epignosis
a2thezebra
Hamburger Boy
Bass_the_Clever
Boomslang
bcornett24
Spacedaisy
RadicalFuzz
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Ricochet
Juliets
Draconus
Dom
sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Tranq
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Dr. Wilgy
Black Rock
Long Con
DharmaHelper
Linki: Guess again, MacDougall.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, I'm off for the night, too tired and have too many discussion and chat tabs open to be able to stay focused.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Well, I'm off for the night, too tired and have too many discussion and chat tabs open to be able to stay focused.
Rico has mafia chat open confirmed.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Or we could just lynch Metalmarsh and be done with it. :grin:
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Fixed.
Ricochet wrote:Update #tree
Metalmarsh89
MacDougall
DharmaHelper
thellama73
DharmaHelper
Epignosis
a2thezebra
Hamburger Boy
Bass_the_Clever
Boomslang
bcornett24
Spacedaisy
RadicalFuzz
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Ricochet
Juliets
Draconus
Dom
sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Tranq
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Dr. Wilgy
Black Rock
Long Con
DharmaHelper
Linki: Guess again, MacDougall.
Turnip Head?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:Lamest Game of Champions Night 0 ever.
Really? Wow Game of Champions Night 0s must generally be awesome.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Lamest Game of Champions Night 0 ever.
That's acceptable, since this is the first ever (and thus only) Game of Champions Night 0. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So what you're saying is that Epi=bad and that it is confirmed?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Or we could just lynch Metalmarsh and be done with it. :grin:
What's a Syndicate game if I'm not lynched Day 1 and you aren't killed Night 1? :D

Linki: Not really. His statement was accurate, since no other Game of Champions Night 0 has been more lame than this one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”