Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
Wouldn't you know the answer to this Lorab? Are you a role that you have been before?
How would I know that? No, I'm not the same role. Nor am I suggesting that everyone (or really anyone) is the same role--just that roles that folks had previously with which they won are the roles in this game. Are you being purposely dense in misunderstanding me in order to paint the ideas I throw out as nefarious? Or are you just saying that you are a role that you had before?
Sorry what? You postulated that the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won. I thought you meant that people literally were those roles. Be clearer about what you mean if you don't want to be misconstrued.
I think I was clear, dispite your misreading of what I said.
Epignosis wrote:Lorab is my number 2 suspect. She is too comfortable.
m

I'm not even sure what that means.
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab is my number 2 suspect. She is too comfortable.
I should clarify on this. A lot of people are saying "yep, she's like her, sounding like her, doing her twirly thing."

She cracks under pressure.

So somebody apply pressure. Now.
I do? I guess I get annoyed by repeated suspicions. But please, apply pressure. Eye me all you want. Ask me to twirl. All that. I have nothing to hide.
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
In case you really don't remember the Champies mechanics in previous years (which I doubt, but whatever), then it is near certain the roles (characters) in this game are a mashup of roles (characters) that appeared in the games played throughout 2015.

Just like you, I don't believe that means every role will necessarily have exactly the same power they were designed with in their original game. I'm less sure about alignments, because I don't remember roles being converted to an opposite alignment compared to their original one in previous Champies. Then again, it all depends on how wicked our Hosts this year can be in design- oh wait so that's like 200% possible. Heh.

One other thing you asked above and I want to answer to is that the roles imported in this game are not necessarily the roles with which players have won in previous game. For instance, Ezekiel, Xander Crews and Watari were civilian roles in games in which the civilians did not win. So while we are champions fighting it off based on having won games, the roles don't necessarily follow the same rule.
As I said earlier, I don't think I've played a champs game before so I don't know how they have worked. That said, I don't think that there is one set way that they are all set up. I actually know there is not. When I hosted the champ game on piano (which was, I believe, the first champions game in this circle of mafia) the theme was cupcakes and the roles were literally kinds of cupcakes. So, no, I don't know how every champions game works. Hence my speculating.
Ricochet wrote:Ah, ok. And no worries, I figured out who you are already.

I don't remember a theory on "all the roles in the game originally being from players who played the game", I remember one on all the roles in the game originally being winning roles. I agree about the theory (or both, in fact) being flawed. It should normally be just "roles that comes from games played before throughout the year", simple as that. Everyone can check Champies 2013 and 2014, if they're unfamiliar with this mashup format.
It was more speculation than theory. And seems to have not worked out as I thought it might. But I do appreciate the clarification and insight about other games.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Wouldn't you know the answer to this Lorab? Are you a role that you have been before?
What is LoRab supposed to know the answer to? Maybe she was given a role from a game in which she didn't even play. :confused:

I wasn't given a role I've been before, that's not how Champies work. Were YOU given a role that you have been before?
Can someone else please tell me whether they also read what Lorab said the way I did the first time. Because if so, I'm going to assume Ricochet is faking a reason to make this post and didn't actually bother trying to understand why I made the post I made (which I've already explained but for the benefit of our post first understand later friend Ricochet)...

"Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won."

At first glance to me this reads like Lorab postulating that players may have roles they've had before, in which case she would know by virtue of having one, right. Seeing as though she meant otherwise I'd encourage her to be clearer with her points so that we don't spend multiple posts dwelling on a complete misread of a point. A simple change such as "Perhaps the game roles in this game are made up of roles from winning teams" would have been a clearer and just as succinct way of saying what she evidently meant to say. I don't think my misunderstanding is illogical based on the literal words she used so for you to question me over it is odd.
I don't actually need your writing advice, or your advice on how to post in mafia, but thanks. I actually think the sentence that you wrote is less clear than mine. And I've been playing this game long enough to know how to say things.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Fixed.
Ricochet wrote:Update #tree
Turnip Head
Ricochet
thellama73
DharmaHelper
DharmaHelper
MacDougall
Epignosis
Hamburger Boy
Bass_the_Clever
Boomslang
Spacedaisy
RadicalFuzz
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Ricochet
Juliets
Draconus
Dom
sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Tranq
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Dr. Wilgy
Black Rock
Long Con
a2thezebra
bcornett24
DharmaHelper
I am missing, and you listed yourself as red.
Well spotted. That was a test, and you passed.

I'll correct it next update in 6 hours.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:If anything, people should definitely talk more about me.
Ricochet is Media.
Confession time, o mighty Horseman: this is not about the post count at all.

cool?

cool
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Maybe we should quote the entire thing again.
How do you currently feel about being red on multiple rainbow lists?
I care so much less than I have cared in years. It's a liberating feeling. I don't think I've done anything remotely suspicious, but I'm probably biased, yanno? I'm me.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Fixed.
Ricochet wrote:Update #tree
Turnip Head
Ricochet
thellama73
DharmaHelper
DharmaHelper
MacDougall
Epignosis
Hamburger Boy
Bass_the_Clever
Boomslang
Spacedaisy
RadicalFuzz
dfaraday
LoRab
Sorsha
nijuukyugou
Ricochet
Juliets
Draconus
Dom
sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Tranq
Golden
Timmer
Elohcin
Dr. Wilgy
Black Rock
Long Con
a2thezebra
bcornett24
DharmaHelper
I am missing, and you listed yourself as red.
Well spotted. That was a test, and you passed.

I'll correct it next update in 6 hours.
I don't want anymore tests Mettaton!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I care so much less than I have cared in years. It's a liberating feeling. I don't think I've done anything remotely suspicious, but I'm probably biased, yanno? I'm me.
I know that feeling.

I will also add that rainbow lists are crocks of s*** right now anyway.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab and llama have not butted heads over who is the better writer and poster.

confirmed fishy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I know that feeling.

I will also add that rainbow lists are crocks of s*** right now anyway.
Rued
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:LoRab and llama have not butted heads over who is the better writer and poster.

confirmed fishy
I think I'm cool with lynching llama first. I hope I don't forget by the time I have to vote.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

JJJ gives zero fucks this game, I can dig it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:LoRab and llama have not butted heads over who is the better writer and poster.

confirmed fishy
I think I'm cool with lynching llama first. I hope I don't forget by the time I have to vote.
Which team do you think he is on?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

confirmed fishy
I dunno dude, maybe the bad one. One of the bad ones? :shrug:

I guess I'll do a thing where I talk about his posts or something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

RIP Supatown JJJ
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Why the hell would you lynch the only player who has so far survived being green on my rainbow list during Night 0?

Hmmmm-etc-mm? :suspish:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

nobody gives a fuck about your rainbow list

I'm kidding.
but really
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

confirmed fishy

:ponder:

Well that is a response alright.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:As I said earlier, I don't think I've played a champs game before so I don't know how they have worked. That said, I don't think that there is one set way that they are all set up. I actually know there is not. When I hosted the champ game on piano (which was, I believe, the first champions game in this circle of mafia) the theme was cupcakes and the roles were literally kinds of cupcakes. So, no, I don't know how every champions game works. Hence my speculating.
You are free to speculate whatever you like, especially given the closed setup, but based on two previous years of Championship Games over here, not to mention my role which I'm aware of (oh, and Golden's)*, I feel inclined to say this Championship game is no different from the previous two in mashing up multiple roles from games played here throughout the year. Not sure what you mean by your second sentence.

Also, your first sentence is factually not true, but if you don't remember, I suppose that's what it is. :shrug:

* in fact, shouldn't you also have a basic idea of this setup I'm talking about (role mashup), based on the role you received, whatever it is? Or are you implying your role is that of a cupcake? :confused:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:Good morning, Gentlemen!

Very glad to be here in this game of champs. I'm voting for Xander Crews because I hosted that game and I like the character. I see there's already been some pot stirring, and Ricochet's rainbow list is hilarious. Very good.
I think the baddie-to-goodie ratio for people who open a game with "I see there's already been some pot stirring" or any similar phrase is greater than the general baddie-to-goodie ratio.
thellama73 wrote:Ricochet is really coming out swinging today. I like that. It makes me not want to vote for him, at least not yet. I also love DH's analysis of the rainbow list. Wonderful.
Effortful expression of why he might not want to vote for Rico. This post is pointless, but it looks like a post meant to appear better than pointless. It's also nonsense that the Rico praise here comes right before llama praised DH's criticism of the rainbow largely on the premise that it displays civilian reads that he doesn't feel are important.
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey everyone , wow 7 pages in night zero. I'm voting for the only role I recognize.
You played Death Note but don't recognize Watari?
:eye:
Is DH or Bass getting the eyeball? I don't think either of them did anything that warrants an eyeball.
thellama73 wrote:Wow, okay, there is a lot of noise to cut through in this thread. Weirdly, I don't have bad feeling about Ricochet this game, although I do enjoy the back and forth between him and Zebra (who is a girl).

The person I a starting to have bad feelings about is MacDougall. He started off basically accusing a bunch of people of being bad, including Ricochet, in a jokey fashion, which felt like a distractionary tactic, and then he allowed his jokey attack on Rico to morph into a real one, joining Zebra (who is a girl). It feels like opportunism to try to eliminate a dangerous rival early, and I'm not reading his attacks as wholly sincere.

But then again, it's not even day one yet, so all this could change.
Yeah, it's so weird that llama doesn't have a bad feeling about Rico. Even though he already said that. Why is it weird? Why does this half-praise of Rico come with the implication that he shouldn't be getting praised?

His read on Mac looks fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bcornett24 »

No idea about any of the poll options, nor did I play in any of the games. I'm voting Watari because Death Note is awesome.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Haha, even when JJJ isn't trying he's more supatown than I would ever attempt to be.
bcornett24 wrote:No idea about any of the poll options, nor did I play in any of the games. I'm voting Watari because Death Note is awesome.
DIDN'T I TELL YOU IN BTSC NOT TO POST WHEN I'M ONLINE??????
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:RIP Supatown JJJ
indeed, may he RIP in piece in peace.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

But zebra, you've been constantly here today. Take five, let other teamies go at me. :beer:

---

So far, Long Con has voted Ezekiel. Black Rock and b24 have voted Watari. Zebra has voted Duncan and openly inquired about the two other options being so popular.

Decent teamie spreading out, I should say. :ponder:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Rico, you are a comedic genius this game. You've got everyone pegged before the first day.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:Rico, you are a comedic genius this game. You've got everyone pegged before the first day.
Not me.

He even excluded me from his rainbow list. I am unpinnable!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nah, you were being tested. Because why not.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Better to be tested than testy! Thankfully I'm not being testified against, nor do I have testicularitis. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:New Day 1 lynch priority.

We should lynch Golden, Metalmarsh89, Turnip Head, and Boomslang all at the same time.
If this can happen while I'm voting for myself, then I am in.

Every time I catch up, 2 more pages are posted :faint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

"I killed it" by providing minimal contribution aside from causing supatown J3 to nearly lose the game for us after a full month's worth of effort. It was definitely fun, and I'm still amazed at how Wilgy managed to lose that one for scum, but I did an objectively poor job.

On that note my "ask J3 a weird question" alarm has gone off, so it's that time again.

J3: What is your quest?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Eh, you misread. Reads aren't everything, they really aren't. I can have perfect reads and articulate them so poorly that I end up hurting town more than helping it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Although I might be biased since I myself tunneled the SHIT out of JJJ that game.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

confirmed fishy
I don't to butt heads. The market has determined that I am the better writer, since I get paid for it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING CHAMPIESSSNAAAM

DH, Elo and Epig confirmed never leaving my red rainbow spectrum for making me read through their two-page banter in my morning catch-up.
Says the asshole who quad-posted immediately afterwards.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I misread. And I incriminated myself. But I didn't have any objectively positive effect for town, like leading a wagon against scum, or using my ability in a manner that hindered scum or helped town.
I don't to butt heads. The market has determined that I am the better writer, since I get paid for it
Delicious irony.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:

confirmed fishy
I don't to butt heads. The market has determined that I am the better writer, since I get paid for it.
:|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Zebra (who is a girl)

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.
Can I antagonize anyone who doesn't agree? :shifty:

Still have a couple of pages to catch up on...

Rico - What is your general feeling of "meta" ? Do you think meta is real or do you think it is BS?

Carry on!
Image Image Image Image
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bcornett24 »

a2thezebra wrote:Trust your calls that I'm bad, as well as being teammates with b24 because we posted for the first time around the same time?

SO MUCH WINE, I'M FEELING BUZZED BRUHHHHHHHHHH
Wait was this a serious accusation?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

confirmed fishy

He's an Uzbekistani for shizzle.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

confirmed fishy
:|
Hey, I never said anything about editing or proofreading. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Zebra (who is a girl)

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.
Can I antagonize anyone who doesn't agree? :shifty:
I know you're joking, but just to be clear I'd honestly rather you didn't. I have opinions of my own that aren't PC or whatever you want to call it, and I think everyone has some to an extent. I don't want to antagonize anyone for not agreeing with me on this or that unless it's coming from a place of hate. I've seen firsthand the damage that can be done when people are made to be seen as enemies for nothing more than having different views.
bcornett24 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Trust your calls that I'm bad, as well as being teammates with b24 because we posted for the first time around the same time?

SO MUCH WINE, I'M FEELING BUZZED BRUHHHHHHHHHH
Wait was this a serious accusation?
On my part or his?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING CHAMPIESSSNAAAM

DH, Elo and Epig confirmed never leaving my red rainbow spectrum for making me read through their two-page banter in my morning catch-up.
Says the asshole who quad-posted immediately afterwards.
It was on-topic, brah.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote: Rico - What is your general feeling of "meta" ? Do you think meta is real or do you think it is BS?
Vague question is vague.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Can someone else please tell me whether they also read what Lorab said the way I did the first time. Because if so, I'm going to assume Ricochet is faking a reason to make this post and didn't actually bother trying to understand why I made the post I made (which I've already explained but for the benefit of our post first understand later friend Ricochet)...

"Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won."

At first glance to me this reads like Lorab postulating that players may have roles they've had before, in which case she would know by virtue of having one, right. Seeing as though she meant otherwise I'd encourage her to be clearer with her points so that we don't spend multiple posts dwelling on a complete misread of a point. A simple change such as "Perhaps the game roles in this game are made up of roles from winning teams" would have been a clearer and just as succinct way of saying what she evidently meant to say. I don't think my misunderstanding is illogical based on the literal words she used so for you to question me over it is odd.
I didn't read it the same way you did. My first interpretation of LoRab's theory was 'the 30 roles are one winning role from each player playing this game' but not that each player would have the same role they had before. Your proposed sentence does not capture the same thing.

But I also do think you made your interpretation clear the first time, and it was a reasonable one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote: Rico - What is your general feeling of "meta" ? Do you think meta is real or do you think it is BS?
Vague question is vague.

That's right Jay
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zeebs - Yeah I was joking. Kind of. But fair enough. Now I'm interested, though, what are your non PC views?

Rico - So no answer then?

I think we can all agree that Metalmarsh has to go. Ten points to anyone who can tell me why. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Speaking of which, you didn't answer if you are a role you've previously played before. :mafia: 'cause that would mean either Duncan or, y'kno, that bad guy I caught bare-handed. I don't think Han Solo was implemented so quickly into these Champies. What were you in World Reborn?

My green light on you is losing its intensity, tbh.
This may be the point where Rico went off the deep end in this game forever.

It's also as far as I've been able to catch up before work.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt wrote:Zeebs - Yeah I was joking. Kind of. But fair enough. Now I'm interested, though, what are your non PC views?

I think we can all agree that Metalmarsh has to go. Ten points to anyone who can tell me why. :beer:
Because he's the real Day 1 policy lynch :nicenod:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Can someone else please tell me whether they also read what Lorab said the way I did the first time. Because if so, I'm going to assume Ricochet is faking a reason to make this post and didn't actually bother trying to understand why I made the post I made (which I've already explained but for the benefit of our post first understand later friend Ricochet)...

I didn't read it the same way you did. My first interpretation of LoRab's theory was 'the 30 roles are one winning role from each player playing this game' but not that each player would have the same role they had before. Your proposed sentence does not capture the same thing.

But I also do think you made your interpretation clear the first time, and it was a reasonable one.
"Your interpretation of LoRab's theory wasn't right, but it was reasonable."

Pretty hollow contribution to this subject. :|
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Speaking of which, you didn't answer if you are a role you've previously played before. :mafia: 'cause that would mean either Duncan or, y'kno, that bad guy I caught bare-handed. I don't think Han Solo was implemented so quickly into these Champies. What were you in World Reborn?

My green light on you is losing its intensity, tbh.
This may be the point where Rico went off the deep end in this game forever.

It's also as far as I've been able to catch up before work.
Pardon?
Matt wrote:Zeebs - Yeah I was joking. Kind of. But fair enough. Now I'm interested, though, what are your non PC views?

I don't understand the nature or purpose of the question. Also at that time the coin landed on heads, so I couldn't answer. :shrug2:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Draconus wrote:

Because he's the real Day 1 policy lynch :nicenod:
Zoinks!

But nah, not it.

Ten point offer still out there.

Why is Metalmarsh the baddest bad in all of the land? He will most def receive my vote Day one. :beer:

Rico - So still no answer then?
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Man, I should get bonus points :sigh:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:"Your interpretation of LoRab's theory wasn't right, but it was reasonable."

Pretty hollow contribution to this subject. :|
No. You, me and Mac all came out of LoRab's posts with different interpretations. The difference being, you have treated both Mac and my theories as simply 'wrong' and in Mac's case, dismissed clear points and reasonable questions just because you decided your interpretation was right.

The one thing Mac made very clear from the second he interpreted LoRab's post was that he himself did not have a role he had before, so how you could twist that into him claiming he had a role he had before, and say he was losing his green lustre because (why? Hasn't Mac only won the one game? So under that theory, wouldn't it HAVE to be Idaho?)

To me it feels like you are just throwing nonsense out there to see what sticks.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”