80%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Re: Day 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I can't believe Rico's strategy of making everyone think they're trying to get everyone to vote for them so no one will ultimately vote for them is starting to actually work.
No comprende.

Gonna follow MM and Wilgy with their votes.
Did you give up? :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

They were already self-voting earlier. More WIFOM to convince you they're too reckless to be bad. Don't fall for it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
sig wrote:I still disagree with this DH, even if a player skims my post which I'd say isn't that big they'd see the first line.
sig wrote:I want an apology also, I'm not sure what I want it for, but by God I want one!
This is obviously a starting fluff, if anything it would make people skip the rest of my post.

I had a few OT lines then this.
sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Mac has a role from the TH game, :ponder: or I'm getting my old people bands mixed up? :P
Another obvious fluff portion. Anyone skimming would see the quotations breaking up the post and at the very least I'd think they would read what I was quoting. Then another quote this time from Llama, and his thing with Zebra, which was done in good fun.

So I highly doubt anyone skimming my post would think it had any OT stuff since the OT stuff was between much more noticeably fluff.
Not to mention like I said in my above post it was Night 0 and like many people I was messing around. I still find it very odd that you single out this post, and make it seem like a bigger deal then it is. Not to mention the fact that Llama quickly agrees with you about it.
I mean he could just be doing that since I made light of a post which he didn't want me to joke about and he was mad that I did this, however I don't know his personality enough to know if that is the case or not, and I doubt a mature adult would get pissy that I made a joke about how he was referring to Zebra. This leads me to think he is either budding up to you for an unknown reason, he is mafia and thought this was good to mention, or he wanted to appear like he was more involved in the game and this was a safe way to do so.

I think it is semi likely that either DH or Llama are mafia.
I also still have some reservations about DH/JJJ for the audio posts.

I notice DH mentions my fluff post after I brought up the points about the audio posts, I don't recall him ever directly answering me about my theory on this while I do remember JJJ doing so. This is another ping for DH in my book.

Sig, you're completely misrepresenting what I (and I assume DH) found fluffy about your post. It wasn't the jokey comments. It wasn't OT material. It was the on topic portions that actually said nothing. For example, you said my point about MacDougall was "interesting" and left it at that. Why was it interesting? What was interesting about it? What is your opinion of my point, is it a good one or a bad one, and why? I asked, and you never answered. That's what I mean by fluff - the illusion of contribution.
I think that Llama's attack on sig might be a crime of opportunity... he saw sig's post and saw that it wasn't very meaty, and decided sig was easy prey. I don't really think a night 0 post, long or short, is the greatest evidence of a person's baddieness. Sometimes a civ just wants to get a post in among a progressing slog of a read - you catch up, finally, and then refresh and there's another page and a half. Your head is spinning trying to get reads out of all the Ricochet nonsense, and so you just make a post to be present.

Llama's attack on "interesting" is what made me suspicious. It's such low-hanging fruit. How many posts does sig have? Has he responded to Llama's "interesting"? Lemme check... No, he hasn't. I suspect Llama. Lorab and Llama and Boomslang.
sig wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:He wants the four of us dead... or all four to vote for him... I'm staying away for now from Blue Eye.
This is not A World Reborn tier, so your paranoia is unwarranted. But yes, distance yourself, baddie emperor yees yeeessa :dark:
What do you mean by this? That no World Reborn roles are in this game?
Rico, I still don't think I get the A World Reborn reference here. I don't know what you mean by "tier". Can you clarify what you meant - are you saying that such a role is something we'd see in one of my games, and not in a Game of Champions? :confused:

Also, Zebra, that's another time you have made an assertion that I don't see how you could know. About curse roles.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I can't believe Rico's strategy of making everyone think they're trying to get everyone to vote for them so no one will ultimately vote for them is starting to actually work.
I am happy to have a crack at lynching Rico, but just let it be known that I don't think it'll work.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
No comprende.

Gonna follow MM and Wilgy with their votes.
Did you give up? :(
Nope, but baddies aren't being voted right now, so I have nothing better to do but wait.

linki: not. 'tier' is jargon for level

LET ME POST MAC
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:ninja:

:ninja:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Tranq wrote:25 pages already? :eek:
They are not really worth reading.
There's loads of useful shit been posted. This has been a very productive game so far.
I agree, I have managed to get quite a number of reads out of it so far.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:Also, Zebra, that's another time you have made an assertion that I don't see how you could know. About curse roles.
Excuse me? What was the first time?
MacDougall wrote:
I am happy to have a crack at lynching Rico, but just let it be known that I don't think it'll work.
Why?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
There's loads of useful shit been posted. This has been a very productive game so far.
Which are?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Is there a case on llama that I missed?

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
MacDougall wrote::ponder:

Unvote
vote MacDougall
:ponder:

So that test didn't work.

Thinking about Rico now... How could Ricochet be scum? It makes no fucking sense. He is playing sooooo whack, he is seemingly trying to get votes cast on him, and that's not a scum role imo. I think he might be my World Reborn role, or something like it. Where I had a win con of getting shit tons of votes on me and was a cop, and lynchproof etc. I was indy.

He smells indy as fuck to me.
Thats exactly why, to me, it makes so much fucking sense for Rico to be bad.

Rational people should rationalise it the way you just did. Rico has played it up SO MUCH that at this point I think he realised early he was taking heat and decided to wifom his way out of it.
You said he was taking heat early? Indicating that you think his behaviour is a response to the suspicion placed on him right?
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Was he REALLY under that much duress when he first started playing this way Golden? To me he was like this out of the gate.
No duress at all, his random behaviour was his own, and also I can't recall any frame of reference for what Rico does best being 'act completely cray cray'. What he does best in my own opinion is playing a very rational game, both as town and baddie, and rational is not a word that could be attributed to him in this game (at least, not based on the evidence we can see in the thread).

linki - vompatti level scum-slip right there. Lol Rico, nice biblical reference :p
You now say he wasn't put under duress and that his behaviour wasn't influenced by being under duress?

This a pretty inconsistent viewpoint. :ponder:
I misunderstood your question. I mean he didn't begin his random behaviour under duress. But he could have gone any direction from there, it's fine to start out jokey. After he took heat, I feel like he amped it up to 11.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Which are?
Frequently mentioned in the thread when I've formed them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Image

Dr Wilgy swings both ways?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[quote="Draconus"]Is there a case on llama that I missed?[/quote

:nicenod: :nicenod: :nicenod: :nicenod: :nicenod:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Which are?
If Ricochet was not an option, do you know who you would vote for?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:Also, Zebra, that's another time you have made an assertion that I don't see how you could know. About curse roles.
Excuse me? What was the first time?
MacDougall wrote:
Why?
You are "sure" that he is scum wifoming to try to convince people not to vote for him. I don't think he is. I think he legitimately is trying to get votes. I suppose it's a more realistic proposition for me than you because I've played that role and he is doing a lot of the same things I did.
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
MacDougall wrote::ponder:

Unvote
vote MacDougall
:ponder:

So that test didn't work.

Thinking about Rico now... How could Ricochet be scum? It makes no fucking sense. He is playing sooooo whack, he is seemingly trying to get votes cast on him, and that's not a scum role imo. I think he might be my World Reborn role, or something like it. Where I had a win con of getting shit tons of votes on me and was a cop, and lynchproof etc. I was indy.

He smells indy as fuck to me.
Thats exactly why, to me, it makes so much fucking sense for Rico to be bad.

Rational people should rationalise it the way you just did. Rico has played it up SO MUCH that at this point I think he realised early he was taking heat and decided to wifom his way out of it.
You said he was taking heat early? Indicating that you think his behaviour is a response to the suspicion placed on him right?
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Was he REALLY under that much duress when he first started playing this way Golden? To me he was like this out of the gate.
No duress at all, his random behaviour was his own, and also I can't recall any frame of reference for what Rico does best being 'act completely cray cray'. What he does best in my own opinion is playing a very rational game, both as town and baddie, and rational is not a word that could be attributed to him in this game (at least, not based on the evidence we can see in the thread).

linki - vompatti level scum-slip right there. Lol Rico, nice biblical reference :p
You now say he wasn't put under duress and that his behaviour wasn't influenced by being under duress?

This a pretty inconsistent viewpoint. :ponder:
I misunderstood your question. I mean he didn't begin his random behaviour under duress. But he could have gone any direction from there, it's fine to start out jokey. After he took heat, I feel like he amped it up to 11.
Alrighty then!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Dr Wilgy swings both ways?
:p

:shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
It might, however, work at using up whatever power he has (for instance, a lynch protection.)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Draconus wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Which are?
If Ricochet was not an option, do you know who you would vote for?
LoRab
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Your tone/rhetoric is unnervingly subdued so far, Mac. Where's the shit-flinging and Broadway charisma?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Here's where I'm at right now. In no particular order.

I feel good about the below:

Golden
Zebra
Black Rock
DharmaHelper
Dom
Epignosis

These are the ones who are on my scum radar:

Boomslang
Wilgy
Lorab
sig
Llama

Ricochet is who knows.

The rest are null.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Ugh. Just got home from a long day at work during which I had no time to mafia--so just read through everything since last night. Waiting for dinner to get here and will then answer the points made about me. In short, I'll say I'm not bad. I have nothing to hide. Eye me all you want. *twirls* :lorab:

But, yeah, I'll go back and quote posts and make an actual defense when I'm on a full stomach.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, that reminds me, who's up for some GTHs?

linki: That's the spirit. :lorab:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Your tone/rhetoric is unnervingly subdued so far, Mac. Where's the shit-flinging and Broadway charisma?
:|

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 8&sr=posts
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You make a valid point though, I haven't had an aggressive argument with anyone that devolved into name calling and got me a MoD warning yet. :shifty:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:You make a valid point though, I haven't had an aggressive argument with anyone that devolved into name calling and got me a MoD warning yet. :shifty:
If you recall the ruels, you are not supposed to go down that path in this game. So yeah, you're doing good.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm not missing the aggression, but I am missing the all-over-the-place theorizing and speculation about what's going on. With as much that's happened so early in the game, you've only strongly considered a select few possibilities.

linki - rued
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Reminds me of Dune Mac, who demonstrated probably the best overall instincts I've seen from him in any game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Why has no one bothered to ask me about my six other potential votes for the day? Especially since most of us seem to agree that Rico is getting too much attention.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Why has no one bothered to ask me about my six other potential votes for the day? Especially since most of us seem to agree that Rico is getting too much attention.
I don't think anyone needs to ask for you to share.

I was actually meaning to ask you why we needed to guess? Just for funsies?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

For funsies as well as to get an idea if anyone's misreading me be it deliberately (alignment-indicative) or because I post too much (not alignment-indicative).

I'm kind of surprised that you think they don't need to be guessed. You think you can correctly guess all six then? Remember, this is excluding Rico.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm not missing the aggression, but I am missing the all-over-the-place theorizing and speculation about what's going on. With as much that's happened so early in the game, you've only strongly considered a select few possibilities.

linki - rued
I've considered and made judgements on more players than anyone except Ricochet. It's like middle of day 1, what I think you are describing is something that I do further into the game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not missing the aggression, but I am missing the all-over-the-place theorizing and speculation about what's going on. With as much that's happened so early in the game, you've only strongly considered a select few possibilities.

linki - rued
I've considered and made judgements on more players than anyone except Ricochet. It's like middle of day 1, what I think you are describing is something that I do further into the game.
That's a good point. I still have post-dead-Zebra Star Wars lingering in my brain.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:For funsies as well as to get an idea if anyone's misreading me be it deliberately (alignment-indicative) or because I post too much (not alignment-indicative).

I'm kind of surprised that you think they don't need to be guessed. You think you can correctly guess all six then? Remember, this is excluding Rico.
No, I couldn't guess one.

I can't pay attention to what everyone elses suspicions are this early on in the game. It takes getting deep before I have any hope of tracking where everyones head is at. I really only notice that 'player x suspects player y' if it is aligning with things I'm already thinking about and seeing.

But, I will do a brief ISO of you and guess for funsies.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That's nice of you, I look forward to your guesses.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I thought he said that you don't need to be encouraged to share ie. just be out with it?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I did it and came up with...

None of them will be MetalMarsh or JJ.

That's about it. I don't think you've even expressed a view on me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I can only hope Golden's ISO will reveal how bad zebra is.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:I can only hope Golden's ISO will reveal how bad zebra is.
Well....

It did make me feel like there isn't a huge amount of analysis there.

Does this make her bad? There were huge amounts of analysis in her Star Wars iso. So I'd say, on the face of it, that it does not make her bad.

But I was underwhelmed by how much I got out of 130 posts.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:I thought he said that you don't need to be encouraged to share ie. just be out with it?
No.
Golden wrote:I did it and came up with...

None of them will be MetalMarsh or JJ.

That's about it. I don't think you've even expressed a view on me.
You are correct that neither of them are in my list, although I'm a little surprised you guessed JJ.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think your view on Long Con is ambiguous but exists. I'd say Long Con is not one of the 6.

I'll go with...

HB
tranq
timmer
DF
bass
ninja

Maybe its a low poster thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let me try guess...

Ricochet
Long Con
bcornett
Draconus
Matt

Maybe Fuzz?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It'd be so easier to do a GTH, but I guess y'all like getting teasted by baddie zebra's distancing moves instead.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:It'd be so easier to do a GTH, but I guess y'all like getting teasted by baddie zebra's distancing moves instead.
Isn't it supposed to be used to create content when there is a dearth of it? This thread is going at warp speed and there is plenty to pick through to find leads.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Boomslang
sig
Long Con
MacDougall
Matt
juliets
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

In order of most to least suspicious.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Haha, Mac got two right and Golden got none right.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, I mean, I was just assuming I had some basis on which to work with, but I didn't really.

If I was taking it seriously, I would have guessed Matt was in there (given your approach to his MM suspicion), and I was 50/50 on what your view was on LC. I wouldn't have gotten the others, though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Boomslang
sig
Long Con
MacDougall
Matt
juliets
You haven't even made mention of some of these players so I'm not sure how we were supposed to guess.

Also I share suspicion of your main two suspects for what it's worth.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Boomslangn :ponder:
sig :disappoint:
Long Con :disappoint:
MacDougall :disappoint:
Matt :nicenod:
juliets :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”