Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Re: Day 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, finished a reread of Golden. Didn't see much there, although he is notoriously hard to read (at least for me.) I'm happy to stick with Sig for now. I do want to point out this post, though, which is amazing and brings Mac back up my suspicion ladder a bit.
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Mac and Fuzz are teammates (in a bad kind of way).
Please don't make matter of fact statements like this without making a case or I will make your experience in this game very unpleasant.
Ok. :Uhh:
I would encourage you in this situation to not bother trying to force a case out of this ping because you will find absolutely nothing to support it beyond your own faulty intuition.
And also because it is not the truth???
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:All I'm reading in juliets' post is I'm following Mac's, Epig's and Sorsha's train of thoughts.
Yes, that is exactly what i am saying. Is there something wrong with that? Sometimes people post their thoughts to persuade others and whether or not that was their intent, I was persuaded to look hard at Lorab as a result of those posts. That's how the game works.
This is exactly the same juliets I saw last game, and it's just as suspicious as ever to me. I know she said that she was playing her usual game back then as well, but I definitely can't ignore this. Gun to head scum.
I understand what you're saying about last game we played (and I will reiterate this answer to Ricochet is indicative of my style) but i don't understand why you see my reply as suspicious. Can you explain that for me?

I have several appointments today and will likely not be back until 5:00+ pm. Just want everyone to know why I'm not responding to any questions or putting forth any thoughts during the day. I still suspect Lorab but whether I vote for her is dependent on what her reply is to the comments made about her.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Is this day over yet?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Llama, I noticed that when Golden brought it up earlier. Mac never specifically denied being bad, he just said MM would find any evidence of it. Depends on how unwaveringly honest you think Mac is intent on being. The implication here is that he didn't want to lie about his baddieness, he preferred to flaunt it instead? "Mwa ha ha, you will NEVER find the evidence you need to defeat Me! :feb: Foolish Civ!"

Is this like A Few Good Men, where Col. Jessup wanted to claim proud responsibility for the Code Red?

Like when you attacked sig for his use of the word "interesting", among other things, this feels to me like you are opportunistically jumping on things to cast suspicion on people... as opposed to stating a genuine suspicion. Like a predator that senses weakness.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:Llama, I noticed that when Golden brought it up earlier. Mac never specifically denied being bad, he just said MM would find any evidence of it.
That's supposed to be "wouldn't".
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:Llama, I noticed that when Golden brought it up earlier. Mac never specifically denied being bad, he just said MM would find any evidence of it. Depends on how unwaveringly honest you think Mac is intent on being. The implication here is that he didn't want to lie about his baddieness, he preferred to flaunt it instead? "Mwa ha ha, you will NEVER find the evidence you need to defeat Me! :feb: Foolish Civ!"

Is this like A Few Good Men, where Col. Jessup wanted to claim proud responsibility for the Code Red?

Like when you attacked sig for his use of the word "interesting", among other things, this feels to me like you are opportunistically jumping on things to cast suspicion on people... as opposed to stating a genuine suspicion. Like a predator that senses weakness.
This is exactly why I did not read MAc's post in a positive light.
Ricochet wrote:Lots of serious talk over the night I don't know what to make of. Fuzz's thoughts are written in a complicated manner and Golden did nothing but hit the ball back at him the same way. Hmm. And then you let Baddie Con take it into OT zone. M'kay.
Elohcin wrote:This game is moving way too fast for me.
It'll be over soon, it seems.
Turnip Head wrote:This is not the 2015 Game of Nerds :suspish:

But I love nerds, and this thread is already unreadable as is, and I'm drunk, so carry on :beer:
It'll be over soon, it see- oh wait, you're not a player. :scared:

It's becoming clear the game will virtually start on Night 1, the way the past 19 pages aren't about my spot on baddie catching anymore, but a skip button for players to appeal to. Let it be known, post-mislynch, how easy it was for Dom and Timmer, for instance, to play this card. :pout:
Nice attempt, but nah.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:Llama, I noticed that when Golden brought it up earlier. Mac never specifically denied being bad, he just said MM would find any evidence of it. Depends on how unwaveringly honest you think Mac is intent on being. The implication here is that he didn't want to lie about his baddieness, he preferred to flaunt it instead? "Mwa ha ha, you will NEVER find the evidence you need to defeat Me! :feb: Foolish Civ!"

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am doing the best I can with Day 1 suspicions in a game filled with wall to wall noise. It's not opportunistic. I'm just trying to find baddies.

Regarding your other point, everyone always scoffs at the idea that baddies would admit their badness, but it happens more than you think. I've caught people for evading the direct question "Are you bad?" before. I don't think it's conscious, but I think a lot of people have a subconscious resistance to telling direct lies and would prefer to evade unless pressed. It might not be anything in Mac's case, but it's certainly worth noting.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Lots of serious talk over the night I don't know what to make of. Fuzz's thoughts are written in a complicated manner and Golden did nothing but hit the ball back at him the same way. Hmm. And then you let Baddie Con take it into OT zone. M'kay.

But I love nerds, and this thread is already unreadable as is, and I'm drunk, so carry on :beer:

It's becoming clear the game will virtually start on Night 1, the way the past 19 pages aren't about my spot on baddie catching anymore, but a skip button for players to appeal to. Let it be known, post-mislynch, how easy it was for Dom and Timmer, for instance, to play this card. :pout:
Nice attempt, but nah.
Nah U.

Didn't you say you were off for the Day? Classic baddie coming back to check if his civvictim is still bleeding.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:All I'm reading in juliets' post is I'm following Mac's, Epig's and Sorsha's train of thoughts.
Yes, that is exactly what i am saying. Is there something wrong with that? Sometimes people post their thoughts to persuade others and whether or not that was their intent, I was persuaded to look hard at Lorab as a result of those posts. That's how the game works.
This is exactly the same juliets I saw last game, and it's just as suspicious as ever to me. I know she said that she was playing her usual game back then as well, but I definitely can't ignore this. Gun to head scum.
I understand what you're saying about last game we played (and I will reiterate this answer to Ricochet is indicative of my style) but i don't understand why you see my reply as suspicious. Can you explain that for me?

I have several appointments today and will likely not be back until 5:00+ pm. Just want everyone to know why I'm not responding to any questions or putting forth any thoughts during the day. I still suspect Lorab but whether I vote for her is dependent on what her reply is to the comments made about her.
She shows up pretty close to the deadline-hour mark, as far as I noticed the past days. What happens if she doesn't come in time to reply in a satisfying way to said comments? What if she simply comes and votes? What if she simply comes and twirls? What happens if she doesn't come at all?

You're awfully biding time until the very last minute. Classic baddie waffling.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:

Nice attempt, but nah.
Nah U.

Didn't you say you were off for the Day? Classic baddie coming back to check if his civvictim is still bleeding.
Like when you went to bed last night?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

I agree with Golden in his discussion with Hamburgerboy.

HBB's statements about non wagon votes was pingy.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:

Nice attempt, but nah.
Nah U.

Like when you went to bed last night?
Is it the same thing? Honest question.

Also, nice to confirm you and BR keep the same notes, to jump on me. In BTSC.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

When you say my thoughts are written in a complicated manner are you implying that you'd rather me use smaller words so you can better understand?

Hamburger it's possible that Dharma remembered Faraday specifically because I engaged Faraday about finding me "weird." Also of note is that Elo reiterated Faraday's thoughts on that topic once but hasn't said anything about it again. If Elo is supposedly a reactionary player then I find it strange that she dropped that topic so quickly without getting distracted by something else. Also, requiring documentation of someone's past playstyle before considering how they're currently playing is flawed. According to that if I were to do a lot of scum things, but I hadn't been scum before, I would just win.

Since you brought that up Golden, your fourth reason for me being a townread shouldn't be on there. My home site Day 1 votes against me are literally used as currency, so I have literal years of experience dealing with that as either allegiance. By comparison, the only one who might illogically vote for me here is Wilgy, and he's horrible at convincing people of things early game.

Llama, I really like that word. Malicious.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

RadicalFuzz wrote:When you say my thoughts are written in a complicated manner are you implying that you'd rather me use smaller words so you can better understand?
Not really. I just couldn't focus on it much. :shrug2:
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

So what would you have me do? Help me make it easier to understand.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You do you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:You do you.
RIP Rico.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:You do you.
RIP Rico.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:mafia:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm thinking Timmer is bad :noble: Fuzz and JJJ what do you think?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I remember seeing his AV but don't remember what he said. From that impression I'd lean ever so slightly towards scum, but I'd have to go back and find his posts to see if that's just my misinterpretation or not.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You know what, I think Rico wants to be lynched.

I don't think we should give that to him. Discuss.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

Goddammit MM.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That's what they want you to think.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

If Rico REALLY wanted to be lynched then they wouldn't go about it the way they are. They would be more subtle. Getting lynched on Day 1 does not require a performance like the one Rico has given. Just say this or that and/or come off as disingenuous with a few actions and rest assured you will get lynched on Day 1. This is WAY more than that, it's unnecessary.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You know what, I think Rico wants to be lynched.

You voted zebra and I followed. That was the only vote ever placed on a confirmed baddie during this phase. I'm sorry if that's the best I could do. :shrug2:

Put yourself in my shoes (wash your feet first, tho) and tell me what I should do right now. Vote properly and achieve a 1 vote on a confirmed baddie. Much achievement. You're a notorious self-voter. And known to like apples. Discuss.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 13

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by bcornett24 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Maybe we should quote the entire thing again.
How do you currently feel about being red on multiple rainbow lists?
I care so much less than I have cared in years. It's a liberating feeling. I don't think I've done anything remotely suspicious, but I'm probably biased, yanno? I'm me.
Apethetic Jay has arrived... FIREBALL! :flamed:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:If Rico REALLY wanted to be lynched then they wouldn't go about it the way they are. They would be more subtle. Getting lynched on Day 1 does not require a performance like the one Rico has given. Just say this or that and/or come off as disingenuous with a few actions and rest assured you will get lynched on Day 1. This is WAY more than that, it's unnecessary.
The only other time I was lynched D1 was when I very subtly didn't give two shits about playing. :blush:

Now it's for confirming five or six baddies. Ohw ell. :pout:
Ricochet

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

bcornett24 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Maybe we should quote the entire thing again.
How do you currently feel about being red on multiple rainbow lists?
I care so much less than I have cared in years. It's a liberating feeling. I don't think I've done anything remotely suspicious, but I'm probably biased, yanno? I'm me.
Apethetic Jay has arrived... FIREBALL! :flamed:
This is what you decide to catch up on, with 10 posts to your name, close to end of Day 1?!

HEATHEN
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, who are they in your last post about me, zebra? Which "they" couldn't go this far? :confused:

Or are you addressing me with third plural because I called you he?

They know.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:If Rico REALLY wanted to be lynched then they wouldn't go about it the way they are. They would be more subtle. Getting lynched on Day 1 does not require a performance like the one Rico has given. Just say this or that and/or come off as disingenuous with a few actions and rest assured you will get lynched on Day 1. This is WAY more than that, it's unnecessary.
But if that is his goal, it has been effective. :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:

You voted zebra and I followed. That was the only vote ever placed on a confirmed baddie during this phase. I'm sorry if that's the best I could do. :shrug2:

Put yourself in my shoes (wash your feet first, tho) and tell me what I should do right now. Vote properly and achieve a 1 vote on a confirmed baddie. Much achievement. You're a notorious self-voter. And known to like apples. Discuss.
Zebra is confirmed town though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Genocide isn't very nice Rico...
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:Also, who are they in your last post about me, zebra? Which "they" couldn't go this far? :confused:

Or are you addressing me with third plural because I called you he?

They know.
I was addressing you with third plural because I didn't know which pronoun you preferred. He it is.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

The fark he is.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Is she a he?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
True, but it has also brought up suspicion from you, Mac, and others that perhaps he is deliberately trying to get lynched - and there's a possibility that if enough people listen to you, someone else will get lynched before the day ends. He could have (and would have) easily gotten lynched today without arousing that particular suspicion had he been more subtle.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

The fark he is.
I can confirm that in my proffesional mafia opinion, a2thezebra is civilian, I do declare.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:Is she a he?
Fark me. I should just use "zebra" for zebra.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

The fark he is.
I can confirm that in my proffesional mafia opinion, a2thezebra is civilian, I do declare.
On what grounds?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Every game lol. Zeebs is a confirmed chica, peeps.

Btw, everyone going after Lorab for her twirl is awkward. Lorab's twirl is fun, IMO, whether she's good or bad. I've never once thought she was good or bad because of it, but it's fun, you meanies! :meany:

MM, considering you are my only suspect as of now, it's weird that I completely agree with you on Rico. Guess we'll see pretty soon, though.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
Draconus wrote:Is she a he?
Fark me. I should just use "zebra" for zebra.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
True, but it has also brought up suspicion from you, Mac, and others that perhaps he is deliberately trying to get lynched - and there's a possibility that if enough people listen to you, someone else will get lynched before the day ends. He could have (and would have) easily gotten lynched today without arousing that particular suspicion had he been more subtle.
I don't know if that would work in an epic game like this with so many players and unknown alignments. I think one has to be bold and stand out.

Do you think Ricochet is trying to accomplish something else?

Linki: Thanks Matt. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

The fark he is.
On what grounds?
On coffee grounds. :coffee3:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I don't know if that would work in an epic game like this with so many players and unknown alignments. I think one has to be bold and stand out.

Do you think Ricochet is trying to accomplish something else?

Linki: Thanks Matt. :blush:
You have a point DAMMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I got nothing. You're right. He's trying to get lynched. Fuck me sideways, I'm convinced.

Boomslang
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Btw, everyone going after Lorab for her twirl is awkward. Lorab's twirl is fun, IMO, whether she's good or bad. I've never once thought she was good or bad because of it, but it's fun, you meanies! :meany:
Good luck making a case on her, then. I'd literally pay money to watch.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Wait wait wait no, fuck that. Even if he is trying to get lynched we need to find out today so if the lynch doesn't go through someone with a power role can take immediate action against him.

Ricochet
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok then. My enemy's suss is my suss. :shrug2:

Boomslang

linki: :suspish:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:Ok then. My enemy's suss is my suss. :shrug2:

Boomslang

linki: :suspish:
Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think zebra just wants to show up on top of my lynch pile, so he'll claim he took a hard, last minute decision and look civvier.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”