Total votes: 20
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Day 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:
Btw, everyone going after Lorab for her twirl is awkward. Lorab's twirl is fun, IMO, whether she's good or bad. I've never once thought she was good or bad because of it, but it's fun, you meanies! :meany:
Good luck making a case on her, then. I'd literally pay money to watch.
I don't get it. You'd pay money to watch me make a case on Lorab?

I'm cheap, tell me how much and depending on the price, I'll tunnel Lorab until endgame. Twirl be damned! XD
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:I think zebra just wants to show up on top of my lynch pile, so he'll claim he took a hard, last minute decision and look civvier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:
Btw, everyone going after Lorab for her twirl is awkward. Lorab's twirl is fun, IMO, whether she's good or bad. I've never once thought she was good or bad because of it, but it's fun, you meanies! :meany:

I'm cheap, tell me how much and depending on the price, I'll tunnel Lorab until endgame. Twirl be damned! XD
No, no, to read the debate. Twirlgirl vs man-reading-too-much-into-stuff.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Llama
:llama:
Dom wrote:Rico
:eye:
Golden wrote:what is your objective theoretical motivation for his behaviour from a civ perspective.

:sparta:

:ponder:

:eye:

:noble: :) :beer:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Everything HBoy has said regarding Rico is leading me to believe he's desperately trying to save his teammate.
:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Everything HBoy has said regarding Rico is leading me to believe he's desperately trying to save his teammate.
Overkill? If you disagree then you disagree.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:Despite his malicious attempt to lynch me based on nothing
:mad:

:mafia:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Overkill? If you disagree then you disagree.
:disappoint: Image :mad:

:hug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ultimate disappoint millennial dance mad there there?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:burger:

:clap: :clap:

:super:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:D
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

LoRab wrote:Fell asleep on the couch about 5 minutes into the episode I started of Making of a Murderer.
Just watched the first episode a couple nights ago. Really entertaining so far. However, last night, the Facebook news feed of all places seems to have spoiled a bit for me! :faint:

Oh well.

Linki - 3J, that reminds me, when you're not posting in all smilies, can you tell me why you think I'm bad? Thanks!
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote::burger:

Hamburger boy is a superhero?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:when you're not posting in all smilies

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:Ok I snuck a little time in here for my LoRab posts.
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
So this is the post that started my suspicion of you LoRab. I did have to read through it more than once to actually understand what you meant here. I think your posts are usually well thought out, easy to follow and I can pretty much see what you mean or how you came to your conclusions. This post isn't so much like that. After reading it a second time I could figure out what I think you meant, but its not really as clear as I'd expect some theory from you to be.

LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
Wouldn't you know the answer to this Lorab? Are you a role that you have been before?
How would I know that? No, I'm not the same role. Nor am I suggesting that everyone (or really anyone) is the same role--just that roles that folks had previously with which they won are the roles in this game. Are you being purposely dense in misunderstanding me in order to paint the ideas I throw out as nefarious? Or are you just saying that you are a role that you had before?
Sorry what? You postulated that the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won. I thought you meant that people literally were those roles. Be clearer about what you mean if you don't want to be misconstrued.
I think I was clear, dispite your misreading of what I said.
Epignosis wrote:Lorab is my number 2 suspect. She is too comfortable.
m

I'm not even sure what that means.
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab is my number 2 suspect. She is too comfortable.
I should clarify on this. A lot of people are saying "yep, she's like her, sounding like her, doing her twirly thing."

She cracks under pressure.

So somebody apply pressure. Now.
I do? I guess I get annoyed by repeated suspicions. But please, apply pressure. Eye me all you want. Ask me to twirl. All that. I have nothing to hide.
Ricochet wrote:
In case you really don't remember the Champies mechanics in previous years (which I doubt, but whatever), then it is near certain the roles (characters) in this game are a mashup of roles (characters) that appeared in the games played throughout 2015.

Just like you, I don't believe that means every role will necessarily have exactly the same power they were designed with in their original game. I'm less sure about alignments, because I don't remember roles being converted to an opposite alignment compared to their original one in previous Champies. Then again, it all depends on how wicked our Hosts this year can be in design- oh wait so that's like 200% possible. Heh.

One other thing you asked above and I want to answer to is that the roles imported in this game are not necessarily the roles with which players have won in previous game. For instance, Ezekiel, Xander Crews and Watari were civilian roles in games in which the civilians did not win. So while we are champions fighting it off based on having won games, the roles don't necessarily follow the same rule.
As I said earlier, I don't think I've played a champs game before so I don't know how they have worked. That said, I don't think that there is one set way that they are all set up. I actually know there is not. When I hosted the champ game on piano (which was, I believe, the first champions game in this circle of mafia) the theme was cupcakes and the roles were literally kinds of cupcakes. So, no, I don't know how every champions game works. Hence my speculating.
Ricochet wrote:Ah, ok. And no worries, I figured out who you are already.

I don't remember a theory on "all the roles in the game originally being from players who played the game", I remember one on all the roles in the game originally being winning roles. I agree about the theory (or both, in fact) being flawed. It should normally be just "roles that comes from games played before throughout the year", simple as that. Everyone can check Champies 2013 and 2014, if they're unfamiliar with this mashup format.
It was more speculation than theory. And seems to have not worked out as I thought it might. But I do appreciate the clarification and insight about other games.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Wouldn't you know the answer to this Lorab? Are you a role that you have been before?
What is LoRab supposed to know the answer to? Maybe she was given a role from a game in which she didn't even play. :confused:

I wasn't given a role I've been before, that's not how Champies work. Were YOU given a role that you have been before?
Can someone else please tell me whether they also read what Lorab said the way I did the first time. Because if so, I'm going to assume Ricochet is faking a reason to make this post and didn't actually bother trying to understand why I made the post I made (which I've already explained but for the benefit of our post first understand later friend Ricochet)...

"Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won."

At first glance to me this reads like Lorab postulating that players may have roles they've had before, in which case she would know by virtue of having one, right. Seeing as though she meant otherwise I'd encourage her to be clearer with her points so that we don't spend multiple posts dwelling on a complete misread of a point. A simple change such as "Perhaps the game roles in this game are made up of roles from winning teams" would have been a clearer and just as succinct way of saying what she evidently meant to say. I don't think my misunderstanding is illogical based on the literal words she used so for you to question me over it is odd.
I don't actually need your writing advice, or your advice on how to post in mafia, but thanks. I actually think the sentence that you wrote is less clear than mine. And I've been playing this game long enough to know how to say things.
When you're misunderstood you're usually pretty pleasant about clearing it up. This post has a tone that I don't remember seeing from you... I can't remember the last time I played with you when you were bad but I know this isn't how you are as a civ. I don't really expect to see you completely denying that something in your post might have been misunderstood.

So some of my suspicion is what you've said and some is just a tone thing. I also agree with the point about you sounding disingenuous that Epi presented.
It wasn't so much that I was clearing up a misunderstanding about my post (which probably could have been clearer, since a few people misunderstood it. Sometimes my thoughts don't make as much sense coming out of my head than they did inside my brain, lol. Even if I am mostly clear most of the time), it was how he said it and that he didn't just say, "Oh, I misunderstood you," But instead told me how I should have been writing. Someone telling me how to write or how to play doesn't sit well. He and I had similar back and forth in the last game. My reaction was to being told I didn't know how to write, not to the fact that I could have said it differently, if that makes sense. The tone was frustration, which I tend to have at some point in many games.

Yes, I could have been clearer in my speculation earlier--but when I speculate, I sometimes spew thoughts and they don't come out as clear as my more thought out theories. I think we all have moments where we aren't as clear as other times. But that doesn't make me bad. It just means I didn't make my speculation more clear.
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:I definitely see what others have pointed out about Rico. May vote there.

And I'm curious about Matt's vote for MM. MM's self-vote was also odd. But Matt's suspicion seems to have come out of nowhere--am I missing something there? The whole thing looks suspicious to me, and the rules imply that there is a vote forcer n the game (generally a baddie power); as Matt's posts on MM go back to before day 1, I can't help but wonder if Matt knows something about that.
First time I'm hearing about it. Can't you make up your own reasons for voting me?
I don't believe in making up reasons. Others have made valid points about your posts. I see the point they are making. I don't have any solid suspicions of my own (other than Matt being odd).
So you normally vote without having any reasons of your own? As for the rest, abstract talk. What valid points? What posts of mine?

Sounds like prepping up a comfy bandwagoning, what you're doing. And bandwagoning is frowned upon.

Plus, I'm not bad. Eye me all you want. :lorab:
You seem to be denying and yet accepting that there is something to the idea of you trying to get people to mention you. Your posts about that read as intentionally waffly.

Your rainbow posts and the coin flip post seem like a great way to appear to contribute without really contributing.

You seem to be confusing interpretation with fact in a way that doesn't read honestly.

And I will eye you all I want. I'll re-reread you tomorrow when I'm more awake. Not ready to vote yet.
Lorab says "seem," which is a strange word choice.

For example, this sentence:

"Your rainbow posts and the coin flip post seem like a great way to appear to contribute without really contributing."

I would have phrased it this way:

"Your rainbow posts and the coin flip post are bullshit, and aren't contributing anything. Please stop cluttering the thread that everyone is expected to read in order to be informed."

There's nothing "seeming" about it. Ricochet is flooding the thread with bullshit.

But Lorab's phrasing is hedging her stance, which is ordinarily something Mafia do. Like here:
LoRab wrote:I definitely see what others have pointed out about Rico. May vote there.
What is it about Ricochet that others have pointed out that Lorab "definitely" sees? With Ricochet being the author of almost a quarter (!) of the thread's posts, this is as unspecific as it gets.

Lorab has interacted more with Ricochet than any other person so far, so why does the possibility of her vote hinge on what others have pointed out? Her stance is disingenuous. That's why.
My vote doesn't hinge on what others think, but what others think got me thinking about suspicion of him. Semantics, maybe, but in my mind there is a huge difference. And yes, I said seem. I often say seem. Because I'm not sure. I don't have info, so anything I say about him is how I'm reading his posts and how those posts seem to me.

Saying his posts are bullshit is, first of all, not my style. And, second of all, isn't entirely what I meant. I described my own thoughts. I recognize that I read things really differently than you do and think about the game extremely differently. We've established that many times. But that just makes me different, not bad.

My stance isn't disingenuous--it's my honest thoughts. If I felt more sure than I would sound more sure. But, at this point, I'm not--it's only day 1. And no one has slipped in a way that tweaks my eyebrow to notice something that makes me highly suspect them (and go after them for days). So, yeah, it's all based on what I read--and some of that is others' thoughts and some of that is how posts seem. It's just where my thinking is this game.
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Long Con wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
LoRab wrote:Ugh. Just got home from a long day at work during which I had no time to mafia--so just read through everything since last night. Waiting for dinner to get here and will then answer the points made about me. In short, I'll say I'm not bad. I have nothing to hide. Eye me all you want. *twirls* :lorab:

But, yeah, I'll go back and quote posts and make an actual defense when I'm on a full stomach.

Oh good, I've been waiting on you all day. I look forward to seeing what you have to say, the twirl stopped meaning anything to me years ago.
Fell asleep on the couch about 5 minutes into the episode I started of Making of a Murderer. Now I'm up and groggy and cranky. Sorry you have to wait until morning.

And I know my twirling means nothing to you. Although I do believe that you were the person that called me out one time for not twirling, which is more or less why I always do it now. Can't remember what game and if I was bad or not then.
Dom wrote:I'm voting Rico for today. I am travelling tomorrow an dmight check in. NYC for the weekend. SEeing Hamilton and Spring Awakening (again).
So envious!! I need to get Hamilton tickets. Did you hear they broke the internet the other day, kind of like Star Wars did when those tickets went on sale? And I'm bummed I didn't get to this production of Spring Awakening. I saw Deaf West Productions do Big River years back and they were amazing--I was hoping to see what they'd do with SA, a show I love. Alas. No time before they close. Have a great trip!!!
I think it's time to retire the twirl. It just feels so hollow to me now, and makes my gut want to START suspecting you for saying it.
I would love to. Seriously.
I'm going to write this in OT, because it's meta talk and I don't consider it to have any impact on the ongoing game.

If what you told BR is serious, it's a very silly reason to keep using your catchphrases. As I've alluded in some discussion, early during N0 or so, any meta read I'd have on you, in theory, would tell me nothing about you being civ or bad, really, because the style in which you do can easily be either genuine or a smokescreen behind a baddie alignment. So your claims and twirls are basically blank, implacable and, at work, slighty vexating input in all discussions/debates carried out.

Then again, I'm not sure changing skin between games is the better tactic, either. I mean, look at what's happening to me, finding my best rhythm and finest instincts in catching baddies out of the tiniest details, only to be put down by everyone. :noble:
It's a longer conversation, and not appropriate for in game. Happy to discuss in post-game.

But, for good measure. Eye me all you want, y'all. *twirls* Seriously, though, read my posts--I have nothing to hide. I'm civ. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play this week, so I've been doing large catch ups after work at night. Which means that there are large chunks of skimming and thoughts that develop over the course of an hour of reading lots and lots, and not thoughts that get said over time.
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:

Thanks for the twirl love. I don't like the idea of tunnelling me, though. That would be frustrating for me and not a very good use of civ resources (if you are civ)--better to find a baddie to tunnel.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Hamburger boy is a superhero?
:nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

I'm still not caught up, because this thread is longer than a Tolstoy novel, but this caught my attention.
Golden wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:The issue with declaring which of these hypothetical two main wagons you would vote for, Golden, is that it rarely helps the one declaring intent to vote. If they get lynched and flip scum then it was "free credit" because they didn't vote for the scum. If they get lynched and flip civ then it was "distancing from a mislynch" because they appeared flip-floppy. If that player isn't lynched it's almost worse, since there's no conclusion to this "I'd rather X be dead than Y" preference. My experiences show that scum hiding on a main wagon usually have worse reasoning than scum hiding on off wagons, as they can bandwagon and literally say "I agree with X's statements" without risking genuine interaction.
I'd expect anyone who does not join on the main two wagons to be able to put into words why they didn't vote for either of those people. If they can't, I don't care how good the reason is that they voted someone off the wagon, it is effective scum hiding. Nothing easier when scum than tunnelling on someone who isn't getting lynched.

The advantage of forcing them to say IS that it rarely helps them. It means they aren't doing it for themselves, they are doing it for the record. Scum then can't avoid making some form of statement about teammates when they have heat. Ultimately, though, it all comes down to how genuine you believe someone to be in their reads, regardless of what those reads actually are.
I strongly disagree with this line of thinking. The point of Mafia, if one is civ, is to find and vote for baddies. If you have reason to believe another player is bad, you should vote for them, and owe nothing to the bandwagons, as if you need approval from the majority opinion to dissent. If you don't think a wagon is legitimate, that should be enough. I really don't like Mafia tactics which try to force anything out of players, then insisting that they are suspicious if they don't comply with these arbitrary commands from other players. It comes across as demanding and trying to force other players to fit a particular paradigm, and as a libertarian, I'm against that. :noble:

Having said that, I agree with DH that Rico's behavior is not helpful to the civ cause at all, so he is most likely bad or un-civvie-friendly Indy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It will be over soon, it seems.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also, unsurprisingly, I'm voting Rico. Voting now because I'm not certain I'll be on later. I'm taking a group of teens to DC. Which also means my schedule will be even quirkier than usual this weekend. Should be able to get on later today, but not certain I'll be on before the end of vote, and I don't want to miss it.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It will be over soon, it seems.
I imagine when day ends. Lol
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What are your thoughts on Golden JJJ? I may have missed this if you've explained before.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:It will be over soon, it seems.
:consoling:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:Also, unsurprisingly, I'm voting Rico. Voting now because I'm not certain I'll be on later. I'm taking a group of teens to DC. Which also means my schedule will be even quirkier than usual this weekend. Should be able to get on later today, but not certain I'll be on before the end of vote, and I don't want to miss it.
*checks the last time LoRab suspected Rico*
*Rico replied back*
*no further mentions from LoRab*

Oh. Ok. Tunneling a civvie it is, then.

You do you. I'm not bad. Vote me to your heart's content.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, she didn't answer to juliets. I wonder what baddie juliets will do now. XD
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The only thing I can hope to achieve anymore is confirming the seventh baddie. Full deck. :noble:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What the hell does Rico's red text mean? I'm going through ISO and there doesn't seem to be any connection between everything he has put in red font. Is it red for red herring, Rico?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:Also, unsurprisingly, I'm voting Rico. Voting now because I'm not certain I'll be on later. I'm taking a group of teens to DC. Which also means my schedule will be even quirkier than usual this weekend. Should be able to get on later today, but not certain I'll be on before the end of vote, and I don't want to miss it.
*checks the last time LoRab suspected Rico*
*Rico replied back*
*no further mentions from LoRab*

Oh. Ok. Tunneling a civvie it is, then.

You do you. I'm not bad. Vote me to your heart's content.
Dammit. I thought I had gotten all the posts I intended to respond to. Please hold.
Ricochet wrote:Also, she didn't answer to juliets. I wonder what baddie juliets will do now. XD
Did Juliets have a specific question for me?

linkitis: Confirmed: I don't think this word means what you think this word means.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Golden
:smoky:
MacDougall wrote:Llama
DrWilgy wrote:What are your thoughts on Golden JJJ? I may have missed this if you've explained before.

:ponder:

:noble: :) :beer:

:nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh, what's the story on your vote for Sig?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:What the hell does Rico's red text mean? I'm going through ISO and there doesn't seem to be any connection between everything he has put in red font. Is it red for red herring, Rico?
It's red for love.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

LoRab wrote:linkitis: Confirmed: I don't think this word means what you think this word means.
Say what?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What the hell does Rico's red text mean? I'm going through ISO and there doesn't seem to be any connection between everything he has put in red font. Is it red for red herring, Rico?
It's red for love.
That makes the most sense.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII so few posts in the past seven hours? Disappoint.
LoRab wrote: You deny it in a way that doesn't sound like yo'ure not fully denying it. As if you are saying well, XY isn't true, when you are leaving open the possibility that Z is true. Like you're keeping to truth so that you can't be caught by a lie detector, but that something similar is true and you leave open that possibility. In short, your denial doesn't seem fully honest.

And my point about your coin flip post was the same point as the rainbow posts. So, not entirely my own reason, no. And how do you know you've caught any baddies?

And I will enjoy the reread. Also, cute to negate everything I say by poking at and teasing me by mocking an aspect of the way I defend. It truly is witty. And a great way to deflect accusations by hinting that they are not valid due to my using that line on accusations of me that are inaccurate assessments of my posts. It also doesn't feel like an honest rebuttal as a result. And, yeah, that one is an original thought.
Well, I can't be blamed for not covering every possible extension of the accusation in this universe of concepts. I work with what material I have. Epignosis brought up my "sad, poor attempts" at getting a high post count, I dismissed it. JJJ (and Golden?) brought up the mention count side of things, I dismissed it. I haven't left any opening. Furthermore, I wrote nothing in the style of evading any lie detection; I don't even worry about such a thing, when I post/play Mafia. In short, your suspicion here is a bit extreme, unfounded and not my problem, since I'm not bad. :lorab:

I know I caught them baddies, because my cases are out of the box, yet 100% solid and I trust my judgement the most. :biggrin:

I don't get what I'm poking at or mocking, it's certainly not my intention. At the very best, I'm paraphrasing or, better yet, adopting a sound defending strategy (which I'm sure you regard it to be, since you're doing it so often, btw). Why shouldn't it work when somebody else is doing, if it's such a solid strategy for you? :lorab: As for structure, I didn't find my posts as lacking as you did. I assessed every line of your posts, followed by reassuring you that I am not bad and you can feel free to suss me further, at your own expense of time. Because I'm not bad. :lorab:
Moving backwards:

Mocking is perhaps too strong a word, but you're putting back to me what I always do. I don't take it as mean or anything, but it is throwing my own defense back at me. It seems like it's deflecting. And I do think you're bad.

And you don't know tht you caught anyone. There is no such thing as 100% solid. And I've seen you be wrong before, so trusting your judgement to the point that you are certain is a flawed theory.

It's not so much about post count to me, so much as many of your posts don't contribute to the conversation while appearing to contribute to the conversation. It's about content to me, not numbers. And that you've answered others when they have said why some of your posts are suspicious, and have given reasons for behavior, doesn't mean that the suspicion or the reasons are invalid. You claim that you don't think about lie detectors--I can't know that, and also wifom. It's not unfounded or extreme--it's just suspicion.

linkitis: He keeps saying he's caught confirmed baddies. He has not.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yes I have. Six of 'em. :nicenod:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Rico, on a scale from 1 to 20, what is your Love?
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:Rico, on a scale from 1 to 20, what is your Love?
10 right now. XD
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote::burger:

Hamburgerboy congratulations on Superman.
thellama73 wrote:Metalmarsh, what's the story on your vote for Sig?
I forget. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

Going ahead and *voting Rico*. I will also say that Fuzz reads pretty civvie to me now, so I'm not so pinged by his strange alignment comments now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I think zebra just wants to show up on top of my lynch pile, so he'll claim he took a hard, last minute decision and look civvier.
she?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:I will also say that Fuzz reads pretty civvie to me now, so I'm not so pinged by his strange alignment comments now.
:suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I think zebra just wants to show up as zebra on top of my lynch pile that includes zebra, so zebra'll claim that zebra took a hard, last minute decision and look civvier.
she?
:beer:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DFaraday wrote:Going ahead and *voting Rico*. I will also say that Fuzz reads pretty civvie to me now, so I'm not so pinged by his strange alignment comments now.
The three steps of bandwagoning, illustrated by our assistent here, DFaraday

1) What is player X doing? He looks suspicious.
2) I agree with Y about player X.
3) K, I'm voting player X.
???
PROFIT

:beer:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet MIKAMI

Your time has come. Do your master proud now and commit Hara-kiri.

DO IT!!!!!

Bearglove!!!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
she?
Zebra is a girl.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
she?
Zebra is a girl.
I know. Ricochet referred to her as he. :daisy:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:ninja:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet MIKAMI

DO IT!!!!!

Bearglove!!!!!
I wish I were again. :shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm gonna go take a bath. Need to look my very best for my date with Death. :noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, fixed.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet MIKAMI

DO IT!!!!!

Bearglove!!!!!
Also, fixed.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet MIKAMI

DO IT!!!!!

Bearglove!!!!!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”