Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Andrew
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 1]

Post by Andrew »

Cows of course! We need to keep cows. Because they make BUTTER and milk. :biggrin:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

Andrew wrote:Cows of course! We need to keep cows. Because they make BUTTER and milk. :biggrin:
Goats do those things too., and are less heavy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Simon »

Chickens! Bawk Bawk! Chickens give us EGGS! :fishslap: :omg:

Bye bye Boogy. :sigh:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Andrew wrote:Cows of course! We need to keep cows. Because they make BUTTER and milk. :biggrin:
Goats do those things too., and are less heavy.
Sounds like llama is a lazy train. I am surprised no one has picked the almighty bacon, err..pig. However, I will also pick chickens for their delicious eggs!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I choose the wonderful magical pig.
McViper
Posts in topic: 97

Post by McViper »

I choose Chickens! You can carry lots of them. They reproduce so you can increase their number and then there are eggs and mmmmm....Fried Chicken!
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 1]

Post by Nevinera »

Man.. dinner with family, and I forgot about the poll :-\

I guess it wouldn't have changed anything, since I wouldn't have voted for myself.
Russtifinko wrote: Voting Nevinera. The hinting at info or grand theories but then leaving before explaining is a pretty thin ploy to avoid being decommissioned, if you ask me. Similar to cliffhangers in paperbacks. It doesn't necessarily mean Nev is bad; goodies and baddies both want to avoid decommisioning. But, well, it's Day 1, as I believe someone mentioned, and I have to vote for someone.

Not hinting, and it's no 'grand theory'. I didn't 'leave before explaining', I specifically chose not to explain for a clearly stated reason and then left.

I have no info at the moment, just logic. Specifically, I want the Narrow-Gaugers to be careful about hinting - it might seem like a good idea to give the other Narrows a hint so they can find you fast, but please be *really* subtle if you do try that. Civ BTSC groups of any real size are a huge advantage (remember the endgame of MotU), and baddies will see your hint too. Don't waste your check on me, I'm not claiming to be a Narrow (hear that, baddies? Don't bother scrapping me!). I think there's a fair chance that they won't believe me (and if nobody else hints, they won't have anything better to go on), so if anyone wanted to protect me tonight, that'd be swell ;-)

I choose pigs because bacon.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by reywaS »

my apologies for missing the lynch vote. I forgot it was 24 hour day.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Boogs »

I ended up dying early once again :/ My last game for mafia will be finishing up Video Game and then I think I am done with playing. I can't enjoy the games the way it's been every time with the exception of that one lasting so long. Thanks to those i have gotten to know on a personal level and good luck to the rest of the players on here!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Well so much for that. I forgot to vote before work, and forgot again to do so AT work. I probably would have gone with either Nev or A Person though.

I'm going to go with pigs because BACON!!!

Boogs, I understand it can be really frustrating dying early on in multiple games in a row. Any of us who have played mafia long enough know how it feels. It stinks, yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean that people are out to get you or anything. It's just a game after all. Hopefully you reconsider quitting altogether! It's a lot more fun having new blood in the game IMO. :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Has anyone else noticed that all the people who missed the lynch vote are going with Pigs today? Could this be a meaningful pattern?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Snow Dog »

As a former dairyman I will take the cows.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that all the people who missed the lynch vote are going with Pigs today? Could this be a meaningful pattern?
You're just jealous that you didn't think about bacon before you voted.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:I ended up dying early once again :/ My last game for mafia will be finishing up Video Game and then I think I am done with playing. I can't enjoy the games the way it's been every time with the exception of that one lasting so long. Thanks to those i have gotten to know on a personal level and good luck to the rest of the players on here!
That's a shame, I've enjoyed playing with you in VGM. It's worth sticking it out IMO, sometimes people just have terrible luck. As to the current poll, I'm going to vote Cows, since I'm about to go out for a burger with some friends. Seems appropriate :p . Hopefully after today I'll be more active, I know I've been really quiet at the moment.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nev worries me. First he says he has noticed some things about the setup he would like to share, but refrains out of fear apparently, of doing so. The lynch ends and what is this marvelous insight? Simply a few words of caution to narrow gauge trains about hinting too strongly. Then saying that he is not narrow don't NK him.

I have my eye on Nev.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that all the people who missed the lynch vote are going with Pigs today? Could this be a meaningful pattern?
I think you are correct. I was quite surprised, but then it all depends on one's priorities. Maybe llama feels an affinity for his shorter cousin? :haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Nev worries me. First he says he has noticed some things about the setup he would like to share, but refrains out of fear apparently, of doing so. The lynch ends and what is this marvelous insight? Simply a few words of caution to narrow gauge trains about hinting too strongly. Then saying that he is not narrow don't NK him.

I have my eye on Nev.
Yes, I find this odd as well. I also find the pig votes all coming from non-lynchers odd. Those people definitely have my attention.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:Nev worries me. First he says he has noticed some things about the setup he would like to share, but refrains out of fear apparently, of doing so. The lynch ends and what is this marvelous insight? Simply a few words of caution to narrow gauge trains about hinting too strongly. Then saying that he is not narrow don't NK him.

I have my eye on Nev.
Good lord, I didn't claim 'some marvelous insight'. I claimed to have "noticed some things". What kind of crazy deductions would you expect me to have on Day one? All I really have to work with are the rules at this point :-\

My fear was that my logic would make me look like a Narrow Gauge, and my logic suggested that they would be the first targets. I'm not concerned that they'll scrap me now (unless "they" is "you"), because clearly I'm to be lynched early again anyway.

I noticed that you and Russ both tried to exaggerate my statements to make me a better target, and in similar ways. I'll have my eyes on you two for however many days I remain unlynched as well -.O
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:

I have my eye on Nev.
Good lord, I didn't claim 'some marvelous insight'. I claimed to have "noticed some things". What kind of crazy deductions would you expect me to have on Day one? All I really have to work with are the rules at this point :-\

My fear was that my logic would make me look like a Narrow Gauge, and my logic suggested that they would be the first targets. I'm not concerned that they'll scrap me now (unless "they" is "you"), because clearly I'm to be lynched early again anyway.

I noticed that you and Russ both tried to exaggerate my statements to make me a better target, and in similar ways. I'll have my eyes on you two for however many days I remain unlynched as well -.O
I didn't exaggerate your post I virtually quoted you verbatim. The marvelous insight bit is my artistic license. That was never literal or meant to be taken any other way.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I voted for horses
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
McViper

Post by McViper »

Now that I think about it, why do we have to just haul one type of animal. We could go Noah's Ark and bring them in 2 by 2.
McViper

Post by McViper »

As to who's a baddie or goodie, I find that I must be pretty dense. For the life of me, I have no clues as to anyone's identity.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 1]

Post by Hedgeowl »

A Person wrote:i went to vote but it didn't load, so I refreshed and now i don't have the option to vote, but it looks as if i voted already despite my vote not appearing :S
I am currently suspicious of those who didn't vote. Especially those like Lizzy and A Person who were waiting so last minute that they missed the vote. First day voting for noobs could be an excuse for some, but doesn't work for everyone. Not sure on Nev currently, but he's not my inclination for the next vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

McViper wrote:As to who's a baddie or goodie, I find that I must be pretty dense. For the life of me, I have no clues as to anyone's identity.
You seem to have ignored the question as to why you voted for Bullzeye.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I realize McViper is new, but his/her posts read really odd to me. I'll let it slide for now but I'm watching closely. :)
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by A Person »

Hedgeowl wrote:I am currently suspicious of those who didn't vote. Especially those like Lizzy and A Person who were waiting so last minute that they missed the vote. First day voting for noobs could be an excuse for some, but doesn't work for everyone. Not sure on Nev currently, but he's not my inclination for the next vote.
I'm terrible at making decisions, so waiting until the last minute is the only way I get things done :(
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm wondering which animal is going to get the most votes. What do you think? Please quote and answer. :biggrin:
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Andrew wrote:I'm wondering which animal is going to get the most votes. What do you think? Please quote and answer. :biggrin:
I'll start I think cows.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by A Person »

I voted for goats because goats are cute and don't get enough love.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I gave my reason for why I missed the vote. Those who play often enough with me know I almost never miss votes, so more than likely it won't happen again this game.

I'm definitely looking at Nev and McViper the most right now. I feel like Nev pulled the "you're twisting my words against me" bit with Snow Dog. And the original bit about him, which I mentioned previously, makes me wonder about him. As for McViper, he has completely ignored several questions/comments about him. Which is something I would expect a baddie to do early on: Ignore it and hope it goes away when more lynches and NKs start to occur and confusion sets in. I will be paying close attention to both of these players when day rolls around.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Not to be the Broadway nerd, but I've had "The Farmer and the Cowman" song from Oklahoma! in my head since I answered this poll.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 0]

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:Hmm, well what about color voting strategy? I am curious about the later voters, why they might vote the popular vs. unpopular colors. For example, Mongoose, what made you choose green as the 7th person vs any other color? Maybe some viewed aligning with black and brown as baddie colors and wanted to blend into the group? Makes Lizzy and Russtifinko stand out, but then someone has to be the first and you don't know if anyone will join. Could also be a good move to pick the smaller group. Thoughts?

:ponder:

@Simon - This is how I feel too :yay:
I just like green!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Andrew wrote:I'm wondering which animal is going to get the most votes. What do you think? Please quote and answer. :biggrin:
Pigs
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Boogs wrote:I ended up dying early once again :/ My last game for mafia will be finishing up Video Game and then I think I am done with playing. I can't enjoy the games the way it's been every time with the exception of that one lasting so long. Thanks to those i have gotten to know on a personal level and good luck to the rest of the players on here!
Boogs, really sorry to see you go, especially to go so early again. I'm sorry you have felt singled out and haven't been having fun, as well. If you do reconsider I'll be happy to see you in games.
Nevinera wrote:Man.. dinner with family, and I forgot about the poll :-\

I guess it wouldn't have changed anything, since I wouldn't have voted for myself.
Russtifinko wrote: Voting Nevinera. The hinting at info or grand theories but then leaving before explaining is a pretty thin ploy to avoid being decommissioned, if you ask me. Similar to cliffhangers in paperbacks. It doesn't necessarily mean Nev is bad; goodies and baddies both want to avoid decommisioning. But, well, it's Day 1, as I believe someone mentioned, and I have to vote for someone.

Not hinting, and it's no 'grand theory'. I didn't 'leave before explaining', I specifically chose not to explain for a clearly stated reason and then left.

I have no info at the moment, just logic. Specifically, I want the Narrow-Gaugers to be careful about hinting - it might seem like a good idea to give the other Narrows a hint so they can find you fast, but please be *really* subtle if you do try that. Civ BTSC groups of any real size are a huge advantage (remember the endgame of MotU), and baddies will see your hint too. Don't waste your check on me, I'm not claiming to be a Narrow (hear that, baddies? Don't bother scrapping me!). I think there's a fair chance that they won't believe me (and if nobody else hints, they won't have anything better to go on), so if anyone wanted to protect me tonight, that'd be swell ;-)

I choose pigs because bacon.
Fair enough. As I wrote at the time I posted that, it was Day 1 and the best ping I had at the time; it didn't mean that I was absolutely positively convinced you were a diesel. Although your quickness to try to make me look bad for my vote is not giving me the warm fuzzies.
I think pigs and goats will tie at 4. I'm voting horses, for equality! I actually like most of the other animals better, but my suspicion is that we need to work together to get all the animals moved. So I'm trying to help out with that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Oooh, I just saw polar bears! I almost want to be dead just so I can haul those. I'd get a special cold car, and polar bears are the best.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I chose pigs because of the (formerly-secretive) unholy alliance between pigs and mongooses. Apparently, pigs love serpents about as much as mongooses do.

I think we will end up with a lot of bovine love today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

What's the point of the poll? We're not going to vote out an animal. Are we? :ponder:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Russtifinko wrote:Although your quickness to try to make me look bad for my vote is not giving me the warm fuzzies.
For your vote? I didn't think anything of that. If boogs had flipped, it'd be a different story of course.

I was just bothered by your your stated reason for that vote, which seemed a clear attempt to misrepresent my post to me.
And I wasn't really bothered until a second player starting doing exactly the same thing soon after; it feels a bit coordinated to me.
That could just be my paranoia talking though - I'm not accusing you of anything on such a flimsy feeling.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Although your quickness to try to make me look bad for my vote is not giving me the warm fuzzies.
For your vote? I didn't think anything of that. If boogs had flipped, it'd be a different story of course.

I was just bothered by your your stated reason for that vote, which seemed a clear attempt to misrepresent my post to me.
And I wasn't really bothered until a second player starting doing exactly the same thing soon after; it feels a bit coordinated to me.
That could just be my paranoia talking though - I'm not accusing you of anything on such a flimsy feeling.
I didn't mirepresent anything.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin and I (and Simon) are out of town on vacation. The post will come tonight, but it will be later (sorry if you have a bedtime, but we are getting ready to go out to eat).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Andrew wrote:What's the point of the poll? We're not going to vote out an animal. Are we? :ponder:
Some people might learn something from the poll and some don't, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Looks like it might be tie between a few of the animal groups.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Russ: "The hinting at info or grand theories"
Snow: "what is this marvelous insight?"

Here's the text of the post you were both talking about:

[quote=nevinera]I've noticed a few things about the setup that I'd love to share, but if I point them out I'll almost certainly be scrapped tonight.
But everyone.. think about how the Narrows are going to play out, from various points of view.
And be careful, the early game is more important than usual here.[/quote]

Point out any claimed 'grand theories' or 'marvelous insights'? I had some logic to share, and it was risky to do so.
I'm not trying to make out that you were playing up my post intentionally, or even that it would un-civ-il to do so if you were.
Just that it bore watching.

If the mafia has any players from my other games in it, then I probably didn't need to be worried really.
I'm like a suspicion magnet; I'll be at the top of every 'keep him alive to draw fire' list forever.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 0]

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Hmm, well what about color voting strategy? I am curious about the later voters, why they might vote the popular vs. unpopular colors. For example, Mongoose, what made you choose green as the 7th person vs any other color? Maybe some viewed aligning with black and brown as baddie colors and wanted to blend into the group? Makes Lizzy and Russtifinko stand out, but then someone has to be the first and you don't know if anyone will join. Could also be a good move to pick the smaller group. Thoughts?

:ponder:

@Simon - This is how I feel too :yay:
I just like green!
Green is actually a lovely color and one I like as well. But Day 1 pings don't take much is turns out (RIP Boogs). Clearly, my theory has been summarily dismissed as farfetched.
thellama73 wrote:

I have my eye on Nev.
Yes, I find this odd as well. I also find the pig votes all coming from non-lynchers odd. Those people definitely have my attention.
I agree. As the animal votes roll in when the lynch votes didn't and all 4 votes for pig from non-lynch voters it does make me wonder. I can't imagine this would be a useful strategy unless they specifically know something we don't :ponder:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I love a hairbrained theory, and I'm going to stick with this one as long as it is tenable. The pig voters must have had info on the poll, and that means they cannot be trusted!

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:I love a hairbrained theory, and I'm going to stick with this one as long as it is tenable. The pig voters must have had info on the poll, and that means they cannot be trusted!
He's trying to steal our bacon.
This cannot be countenanced!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:
It always comes back to jealousy. Give us your bacon sir! :knight2:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
It always comes back to jealousy. Give us your bacon sir! :knight2:
Yeah I know I voted cow but give me your bacon! :jedi:
McViper

Post by McViper »

Snow Dog wrote:
McViper wrote:As to who's a baddie or goodie, I find that I must be pretty dense. For the life of me, I have no clues as to anyone's identity.
You seem to have ignored the question as to why you voted for Bullzeye.
I really had no reason...It was just a shot in the dark
McViper

Post by McViper »

If I've missed any other peoples question, I'm sorry.

Now I'm tending to agree with Llama's thinking. People who voted for pigs may be dangerous. Plus pig are know to be greedy and sloppy. Anyone who votes for them may be the same.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

We're sorry to keep everyone waiting, but we just got back to the hotel (traffic was atrocious) and we're exhausted. I'm going see if I can take care of this before I turn in.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Side Missions”