Total votes: 20
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Night 3 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He was adamantly defending Boomslang in ways that made me very confused. Maybe he hid behind Boomslang on night 1?
Then why wasn't Boomslang higher?
To protect him from baddies who would hunt the most Civvish-looking folk? :shrug: I want to go through each of HBoy's posts, from the start, to see if there are any clues or hints as to who he hid behind. I pray that he was a savvy enough player to give keen detectives the means to know. Cos it ain't us that's gonna lose this fight, it's the baddies. We just need to use this info.

Info like the fact that Kubrick survives a lynch on Position 1. My theory (and I think I saw Rico(?) going the same way with this) is that the Night Polls are used to decide the Position for the next Phase. If this is true, then we were on Position 5 when JJJ survived the lynch. Which would mean that JJJ isn't Kubrick, which looks good on him.

We have seen the ability to force Positions as well. (Just typing as I think here, haven't looked back to double-check Lorab's ability to force lynches with two Civ lynches.) If JJJ is Kubrick on Lorab's team was he in a Position to get a forced Position 1? Zebra's flip was a night kill, so that wasn't going to disrupt. I think we had two Civ lynches, Day 1 Rico, Day 2 sig. Ok, I thought this post was going toward trusting JJJ more, but this is a real possibility. If there are any Civs or Independents out there that have Positions, then you now have good reason to believe whether or not JJJ was Kubrick. I hope, either way, that this knowledge can influence things going forward.

I hope my previous theory about just one baddie team being Position-related is untrue.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hamburger Boy was Hider - The Syndicate, a CIVVIE
Hides behind a player each night. If the player is civilian, no harm will come to the Hider. If he hides behind a baddie, he will die
People have been talking about HBoy hiding behind an Indy, but that doesn't seem accurate. He dies when he hides behind a baddie. I assume an Indy has no effect.

Just started combing his posts, and his first post is here. So I think maybe he didn't send a Hiding target in on Night 0, meaning his Day 1 posts will not indicate a found Civvie/Indy. However, his posts (likely more toward Night 1) may give an indication as to who he is targeting.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Day 4 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Matt »

Dom - One of FZ, 3J, or MM. We're reaching "painting a target" territory, though, and I'd rather not speculate further. But now I'm wondering if I should move on from my MM sus. :ponder:

Looking over Ham's posts, he seems to immediately make a rainbow with Fuzz as his top green on Day 2. Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well now I've been thinking, hosts, do powers go through on the night someone dies?

Ok... by the Positions/Night Polls theory, we were on Position 4 on Day 1, Position 5 on Day 2, and Position 5 again for Day 3.
Roger Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit~ A BADDIE
In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.
I don't know what Position we started in on Night 0, but it's at least 80% likely that she was able to curse JJJ with the Smilies.

And on Night 1, she was in Position 4, so she could frame a player... did not target sig, obviously. So the only thing I would get from that is that, if there is a Civ rolechecker, be aware that a Grand Coincidence could have happened and your target was also her target, etc. Pretty unlikely though.

And she died Night 1, so that's that for her.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:Well now I've been thinking, hosts, do powers go through on the night someone dies?
Yes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

This is the something I just can't miss, I believe that RadicalFuzz was HBoy's night 1 target, as Matt postulates.
HamburgerBoy wrote:I have no information and am not doubtless that she is town.
That's about BR on Day 3.0. An indication that he hid behind her? I don't know, I guess what he said means the opposite. It's phrased weirdly.

It's getting late, and I have been a bit distracted, and HBoy has a lot of posts from Day 3.0 onward. So maybe tomorrow I'll get to scanning those.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hosts, you know you can do it - tell us if failed kills show up in the night post?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:Oh no, that's a horrible night. Epignosis was actually my friend this game, and he wasn't being nice to me because he was bad and learned the secret to keeping BR off his back.
What do you mean?
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
S~V~S wrote:A role has been revealed!
Stanley Kubrick, A BADDIE:

On Position 1, cannot be lynched. On any other position, cannot be night killed
Hmm, I wonder? :ponder:
What are you wondering about?
Which player was recently not lynched?
When did position 1 ever receive the most votes? ... Actually, hold that thought, I just read LC's post.
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He was adamantly defending Boomslang in ways that made me very confused. Maybe he hid behind Boomslang on night 1?
Then why wasn't Boomslang higher?
In principle, would you put confirmed (for you) civs on the top of your reads?
Dom wrote:
Matt wrote:RIP Golden/HBoy/Epig(?)

If someone gets a rezz power or wins one, use it on Ham and we get a free lynch. :beer:

Is it possible Golden's teamie was a lynch candidate during the 4 way tie, and that's why Golden was getting so irate about it?
Who do you think?
Why should we look for the civvie, instead of baddies, in that equation?
Long Con wrote:
We have seen the ability to force Positions as well. (Just typing as I think here, haven't looked back to double-check Lorab's ability to force lynches with two Civ lynches.) If JJJ is Kubrick on Lorab's team was he in a Position to get a forced Position 1? Zebra's flip was a night kill, so that wasn't going to disrupt. I think we had two Civ lynches, Day 1 Rico, Day 2 sig. Ok, I thought this post was going toward trusting JJJ more, but this is a real possibility. If there are any Civs or Independents out there that have Positions, then you now have good reason to believe whether or not JJJ was Kubrick. I hope, either way, that this knowledge can influence things going forward.
Hmm.

Hmmm.

This could be something. I forgot to take account of my own lynch - for obvious reasons (what is dead may never die) - but technically there were two consecutive mislynches, so LoRab could have forced the positions on Night 2. If she forced Position 1, then JJJ is a Kubrick prime suspect for surviving D3.0.
Long Con wrote:
Hamburger Boy was Hider - The Syndicate, a CIVVIE
Hides behind a player each night. If the player is civilian, no harm will come to the Hider. If he hides behind a baddie, he will die
People have been talking about HBoy hiding behind an Indy, but that doesn't seem accurate. He dies when he hides behind a baddie. I assume an Indy has no effect.
It had no effect on indy in Syndicate, as far as I recall. "Baddie" means mafia team(s), I think.
Long Con wrote:Well now I've been thinking, hosts, do powers go through on the night someone dies?

Ok... by the Positions/Night Polls theory, we were on Position 4 on Day 1, Position 5 on Day 2, and Position 5 again for Day 3.
Roger Rabbit - Who Framed Roger Rabbit~ A BADDIE
In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.
I don't know what Position we started in on Night 0, but it's at least 80% likely that she was able to curse JJJ with the Smilies.

And on Night 1, she was in Position 4, so she could frame a player... did not target sig, obviously. So the only thing I would get from that is that, if there is a Civ rolechecker, be aware that a Grand Coincidence could have happened and your target was also her target, etc. Pretty unlikely though.

And she died Night 1, so that's that for her.
Dammit, this looks possible as well. One of us civvies could show up corrupted. :( So far, thought, none of the baddie flips give me the impression they're faux-aligned.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

LC/Rico

If night polls determine the position each night, is it possible there was no position on Night 0 or do you think the hosts would've randomized the position on Night 0?

3J was cursed with Smilies on Day 1 so it would've had to be sent on Night 0. If there was no position, there would technically be no curse, right?

Off to bed, peeps. See ya all tomorrow!
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Why would there be no position result out of the N0 poll? Why would the Hosts randomize??
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but he has a point actually I think? If the night 0 poll was what made the first position, then how could Zebra have been in a position to curse Jimmy on night 0? Unless they started in a random position I suppose. It seems strange that she would start in a position that allowed her to use the role?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Night 0 had no position, so zebra cursed JJJ. Night 1 had position 4, allowing zebra to corrupt a civ's flip.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

...although I get now what you're saying. The way the role is phrase, zebra would need a position to curse as well.....
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If the puzzle pieces really fit this way, all baddie reveals could ironically make JJJ look very bad, especially the Kubrick reveal.

-- teamie JJJ could have faked the emoji curse, following a Night 0 in which teamie zebra had no position to curse; zebra got then rekt, but we weren't careful at her role's phrasing to tell there couldn't be any emoji curse on D1
-- teamie LoRab forced position 1 on N2, granting teamie JJJ lynch immunity on D3, which turns out he really needed
-- teamie JJJ continues ballsy game with lynch immunity claim
-- teamie LoRab gets rekt D3.5 and Kubrick role gets revealed
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

On Day Zero, for this situation, it was NOT Day 4, so that was interpreted as "any other position". Anything NOT Position 4. Sorry for confusion.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

RIP Golden, HB and Epi. I am really really saddened by this result. :( I'll miss you Golden!
Both HB and Golden were pretty obvious civvies. As for Epi, I had a feeling he was an indie role, because he was reserved, but I didn't think it was a killing role. I don't share your enthusiasm some of you do, about him being killed, because Epi always thinks these kind of roles could help the town. I imagine that if it wouldn't hurt him, he would help the town. Maybe not to the end, but at least in major parts of the game. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel. He did help us get Lorab, so I think baddies saw him as a real threat.

As for HB and whether his death happened because he was hiding behind a baddie, I doubt he hid behind Drac, because at the end of the last day, he didn't trust him enough. He didn't trust BR enough, though he was coming around regarding her. I still think he didn't hide behind her. He had to have hid behind a person he trusted. I don't think he'd take the chance and "explore" those he wasn't sure about.

If he was leaving crumbs for us to find in case he dies. These are the two people he talked about having a gut feel that they may be civvies:
HamburgerBoy wrote:What makes you put MetalMarsh immediately below Dom/Llama? I could agree with it in the "compatible but not indicative" sense of things but compared to people like Wilgy that have the supportive post history and the questionable voting records, I'd put MM towards the bottom of the lynch. Otherwise, I think I mostly agree with your analysis. I'm also leaning civvie on Long Con only because he's had some interactions with Dom that look like too obvious of buddying from the latter to be scummates, but of course Dom isn't a 100% done deal yet.
He also mentions MM here, but I'm not sure if it means he feels he's a civ.

The second person:
HamburgerBoy wrote:Oh, and one more thing, do you guys feel DharmaHelper would be the kind of guy to stick his neck out, defending a scummate and attacking the alternative so aggressively as he's done? In spite of the LoRab flip I'm still getting a civvie gutfeel from him, because at least I feel the mindset he's used to express his cases so far is what I would expect from a Syndicater (regarding his general dislike of counter-wagons building so rapidly and all that).
He says DH is acting like how he expects a syndicater to act, and he's getting a civvie gutfeel.

So I would assume it's either one of these two, or one of Lorab's voters. If Epi is not it, then it leaves Sorsha, BR and Ninju. I think his rainbow list should not be the one guiding us, because it was before the lynch and he's changed his mind on a few people. I think that he would try to leave clues in case it didn't work, and telling us who he feels is a civ, during the night, is a good way of doing so. His last post is about DH.

The only problem is, we don't know if he died because of that or not.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

SVS, I don't know if you answered this or not, but would HB die if he was hiding behind a killing indie?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh joy, another reason to waste time talking about JJJ. :rolleyes:

I can hardly even follow the thread of the theories y'all are throwing out there, but this is where it should be stopping hard and with finality:
Ricochet wrote:-- teamie JJJ could have faked the emoji curse, following a Night 0 in which teamie zebra had no position to curse; zebra got then rekt, but we weren't careful at her role's phrasing to tell there couldn't be any emoji curse on D1
If you think I'd fake a curse in a scenario where it wouldn't actually suit my partner's role -- i.e. it'd be impossible for that curse to be real -- then you don't know anything about me as a Mafia player. I don't just rely on people to miss details.

I don't know what mechanic allows for these roles to be revealed, but I'm just going to assume the baddies dropped it in the thread so y'all can tinfoil me all day. If not, they're still loving it.

Meanwhile, one of Dom/llama is pretty clearly a bad guy, so you can go ahead and direct your focuses that way. I don't have time today to provide much, but I might tomorrow.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
On Day Zero, for this situation, it was NOT Day 4, so that was interpreted as "any other position". Anything NOT Position 4. Sorry for confusion.
Question is: was Rabbit able to curse or not on N0?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I just got an idea of what event could have facilitated Epig to kill. An "encounter" of sorts. Question is: did they meet already or didn't they? :ponder:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Oh joy, another reason to waste time talking about JJJ. :rolleyes:

I can hardly even follow the thread of the theories y'all are throwing out there, but this is where it should be stopping hard and with finality:
Ricochet wrote:-- teamie JJJ could have faked the emoji curse, following a Night 0 in which teamie zebra had no position to curse; zebra got then rekt, but we weren't careful at her role's phrasing to tell there couldn't be any emoji curse on D1
If you think I'd fake a curse in a scenario where it wouldn't actually suit my partner's role -- i.e. it'd be impossible for that curse to be real -- then you don't know anything about me as a Mafia player. I don't just rely on people to miss details.

I don't know what mechanic allows for these roles to be revealed, but I'm just going to assume the baddies dropped it in the thread so y'all can tinfoil me all day. If not, they're still loving it.

Meanwhile, one of Dom/llama is pretty clearly a bad guy, so you can go ahead and direct your focuses that way. I don't have time today to provide much, but I might tomorrow.
The curse scenario needs to be clarified. Also, what are you implying? That it wasn't real? Wasn't the curse real because you posted in a cursed way? :confused:

Com'on, that's a stretch. We already have a dead civvie (Barry Allen) who could have tried to work his guessing magic and revealed roles. Why not assume another, or an indy, can be up to the same task (either via checking, tracking, or [Secrets])? Intentional mafia smearing? This is a bit of an anxious viewpoint, coming from you.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

For what it's worth, I stopped paying attention to the theories regarding JJJ as well.
I think Golden was killed not just for being right about Lorab, but for being right about other important issues and players, like his stance on me and JJJ. I'm not ruling out a situation where HB was killed as well, and not due to the hiding thing. I felt both players were not suspected by people, and were doing a very good job of analysing evidence and thinking logically instead of following bandwagons and giving shitty reasons for suspecting people.

It would be much better though, if HB was killed due to circumstances of his role, though, because it means we might come closer to finding a baddie.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
On Day 0, the position was "not 4", it was the alternative to position 4. There is your answer :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:SVS, I don't know if you answered this or not, but would HB die if he was hiding behind a killing indie?
I have NOT answered this; perhaps TH has? Or he might consider it, lol?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:SVS, I don't know if you answered this or not, but would HB die if he was hiding behind a killing indie?
It wasn't addressed to me ( :pout: ), but a role like the Hider would die if he hides behind anyone who directly opposes his win condition.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
On Day 0, the position was "not 4", it was the alternative to position 4. There is your answer :)
Got it.

That lifts the JJJ faking his curse angle.
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
It wasn't addressed to me ( :pout: ), but a role like the Hider would die if he hides behind anyone who directly opposes his win condition.
Ooh, interesting.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:Hey, Dom, what did Rodgers do in Broadway? What's the special event that could make (or have made) Epig start killing? (besides running out of beer)
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Get off my boat dammit.
Tra la la
Finding Hammerstein.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I somehow doubt Hammerstein is also included, for that sheer purpose, but yeah, finding "someone" is what I have in mind. Different someone, though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If JaggedJimmyJay is Duncan Idaho, then why wouldn't he vote for that option in the Day 0 poll? 1. It would lend credence to a role claim when there is an attempt on his life. 2. It could cause the baddies to second-guess a kill attempt on him, if they think it might fail. Tell me that you understand.

Sorry to be so JJJ all the time Jimmy, but the fact that new reasons to suspect you keep coming up and compounding the old ones is too much to ignore. *votes JaggedJimmyJay*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Players signaling their roles, intents or possible abilities through night poll voting is a bit stretchy to demand. Should I count you as a potential Kubrick for voting position 1 twice, for instance? [hollow eyes] ;)

What new reasons compell you to lock on to voting JJJ, now that the curse issue seems clarified?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm not Duncan Idaho. I don't even know what that is.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voting for thellama73.

If you don't know why, refer to my LoRab review about him (which will direct you to the review about Dom, so you could just go there instead if you want).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Again, I could acknowledge the existence of a one-time lynch/nk immune civvie, for balance reasons, now that Kubrick has been revealed to us. Not fully certain which of them JJJ is, but there you go.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:Players signaling their roles, intents or possible abilities through night poll voting is a bit stretchy to demand. Should I count you as a potential Kubrick for voting position 1 twice, for instance? [hollow eyes] ;)

What new reasons compell you to lock on to voting JJJ, now that the curse issue seems clarified?
The "curse issue" was never something I took part in, nor would I have. I assumed in my original theory that the Night 0 Position would default to cursing for Zebra ("at least 80% likely"). I can tell by the clouds, as they say. :haha:

Signalling a role, especially that role, is something I would expect. I'd do it. I did it, and so did DFaraday.. I'm not "demanding" it, I'm just saying that, had JJJ voted Duncan, it would have been a positive for me toward him. It's a push to believing he's Civ that could have been there, but isn't.

That's not the "compelling new reasons" that you're asking about though. My new reasons came from when I was analyzing the Positions by Night Post and found that Position 1 wasn't active when JJJ survived. Which is a good thing, and I thought he'd look more Civ for it. But then I thought about Lorab's role, and how she almost definitely did force the Positions that night. If she's on Kubrick's team, then going Position 1 for him would be a strong contender, especially if he's under fire like JJJ.

Yes, actually, you should count me as a potential Kubrick for voting Position 1 twice. I think that kind of analysis of Position voting is a smart thing to do, good information to have. And one might look at the fact that JJJ didn't vote for Position 1 on Night 2... but if they were controlling the Position, then he would have no reason to.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ah, yes, everyone signaled themselves in Home Alone. :haha:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JJJ claims he's not Duncan and the N0 poll was restricted to just five roles, of which one is confirmed not included in the game. Bit hard for the signaling tactic to work. The rest of the night polls aren't helpful for signaling anymore, except if JJJ would have wanted to signal that he wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl - but he didn't even vote on N1, according to my sheets. So... :shrug:

What you say about the position force is the one thing that creates doubt for me, as well.

The last part about JJJ not voting Pos. 1 on N2 (or ever) sounds a bit like Recruitment mentality: I expect my opponent to plunge towards / lobby for the position that advantages him the most. M'dunno.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:JJJ claims he's not Duncan and the N0 poll was restricted to just five roles, of which one is confirmed not included in the game. Bit hard for the signaling tactic to work. The rest of the night polls aren't helpful for signaling anymore, except if JJJ would have wanted to signal that he wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl - but he didn't even vote on N1, according to my sheets. So... :shrug:

What you say about the position force is the one thing that creates doubt for me, as well.

The last part about JJJ not voting Pos. 1 on N2 (or ever) sounds a bit like Recruitment mentality: I expect my opponent to plunge towards / lobby for the position that advantages him the most. M'dunno.
Am I missing something with these polls clearly denoting the positions that people are voting for? Didn't the poll change in Recruitment depending on positions that were already picked?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Oh no, that's a horrible night. Epignosis was actually my friend this game, and he wasn't being nice to me because he was bad and learned the secret to keeping BR off his back.
What do you mean?
About keeping me off his back?
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:JJJ claims he's not Duncan and the N0 poll was restricted to just five roles, of which one is confirmed not included in the game. Bit hard for the signaling tactic to work. The rest of the night polls aren't helpful for signaling anymore, except if JJJ would have wanted to signal that he wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl - but he didn't even vote on N1, according to my sheets. So... :shrug:

Am I missing something with these polls clearly denoting the positions that people are voting for? Didn't the poll change in Recruitment depending on positions that were already picked?
I'm fairly sure that every Night poll having five options denotes positions 1 to 5, whatever the options actually are.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
What do you mean?
about "my friend this game" and "learned the secret to" yeah that last part too.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm fairly sure that every Night poll having five options denotes positions 1 to 5, whatever the options actually are.
OK but isn't it at least equally likely the "real" options are moved around every time?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

OK but isn't it at least equally likely the "real" options are moved around every time?
So far, it's been revealed the position suit the baddies, so why would the Hosts fark with the baddies by not even making it clear which positions they're winning??
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

So far, it's been revealed the position suit the baddies, so why would the Hosts fark with the baddies by not even making it clear which positions they're winning??
I suppose you've got me there.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:MM, tell me why you keep voting JJJ, first thing every Day, or I can't help you.
I have a gut feeling that he's mafia.

I also like seeing the poll and voting early. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
What do you mean?
about "my friend this game" and "learned the secret to" yeah that last part too.

Epignosis likes to suspect me, or kill me I find. He was nice to me, he believed in me. I often swoon to flattery.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The real options are

Position 1

Position 2

Position 3

Position 4

DHPLS

linki: what's your favourite fruit, MM? Answer carefully.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

With all the position talk and poll options = positions I just want to say this is not recruitment and the hosts might just switch it up. Maybe it's a set schedule or the baddies get to choose the poll options and what means what. That's what I'd do, but it's not my game.

Also, I love the hosts took that piece from recruitment. I loved the positions. Even though they took the cowards way out. :p
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

At the sound of sounding stupid, I feel this whole position talk is Chinese to me, and I have no idea what you all are talking about. In addition, I just realized I forgot to vote in the night poll :blush: Is there a penalty for that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm a little confused by what some people are saying about forcing a position. What does it mean to force a position?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JJJ only recently claimed he's not Duncan. Actually he acted like he didn't know what we were talking about with Duncan Idaho, even though it's been specifically laid out more than once in this game what Duncan Idaho is, not to mention that the name is officially stated to have at least a 25% chance of being in the game.

He had no problem with people theorizing he was Duncan before due to his lynch stop, but now he doesn't know what Duncan Idaho is. Uh-huh. You decide whatcha gonna do.

I don't know what you mean by Recruitment mentality. I feel very confident in assuming that Lorab's entire team didn't give a damn what Position they were voting that night because Lorab was controlling the Position. This is a fact.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”