80%

Total votes: 20
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Night 6 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:Hmm. To everyone who says "Well Boom didn't know if it was civ btsc, so I don't understand why he went so hard after Long Con"...are you all purposely forgetting that Tranq had just died, and we had found out he was Golden's civ btsc buddy? With knowledge that a civ btsc team was dead, don't you think, from Boom's perspective, that it would be highly unlikely there were two civ btsc teams?

FZ - You didn't answer my question. What was up with you trying to link me and Long Con at the last second of his lynch? Had you suspected me prior to that? Just felt super sketchy IMO.
Except Long Con was never part of a "team". He was a civ with the ability to reach out to anyone.
Long Con's role is irrelevant. What I'm saying is, with knowledge that a civ btsc team is dead, if Boom checked Long Con and got a positive on btsc, wouldn't you, if in that position, believe that LC was more then likely bad?
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:Hmm. To everyone who says "Well Boom didn't know if it was civ btsc, so I don't understand why he went so hard after Long Con"...are you all purposely forgetting that Tranq had just died, and we had found out he was Golden's civ btsc buddy? With knowledge that a civ btsc team was dead, don't you think, from Boom's perspective, that it would be highly unlikely there were two civ btsc teams?

FZ - You didn't answer my question. What was up with you trying to link me and Long Con at the last second of his lynch? Had you suspected me prior to that? Just felt super sketchy IMO.
Except Long Con was never part of a "team". He was a civ with the ability to reach out to anyone.
Long Con's role is irrelevant. What I'm saying is, with knowledge that a civ btsc team is dead, if Boom checked Long Con and got a positive on btsc, wouldn't you, if in that position, believe that LC was more then likely bad?
No, I'm afraid I would not.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Dom wrote:FZ. of the LC voters, who do you think looks the worst? Who looks worse to you: Boom, MM, or Draco? Does MM's last minute vote for LC read as neutral to you?
MM's vote is something I don't get. If I judge by my standards, if I were an indie, I would try and help the town, so if that's the case, it's what he might have done. But MM isn't me, so I don't know. What I do know is, unless Drac is bad, what reason did he have, as a baddie, to shift his vote to LC? Knowing LC is good would have just ended up in him looking the worst. I can't see the logic in this, so if someone can shed some light on this, it will be appreciated.

As for Boomslang, I don't know what the hell he was thinking. Again, he'd have to know we would look at him, but maybe he's brave enough and thought he could make it work. That said, I don't even know why he felt he had to do that, as a baddie, instead of watching in what direction the wind was blowing (in terms of who was getting votes), and only using that if a baddie was being strongly considered. I don't think that was the case when he came out with it.

Bottom line, none of them really make sense as baddies, but MM is the more unpredictable to me, so maybe him. :shrug:

Lastly, I have no reason to believe Drac is a civvie, but that crazy voting before deadline felt genuine. I don't really know much about his play. If he's bad, that was some major acting on his part. Do you think it's something he's capable of doing?

linki: hey Bea. I get it, not your fault. Just me ventilating frustration :hug:
Contrary to my attitude on Day 3, I don't like ties. Draco has self-voted in a situation like this before, and been civ. I had a slight baddie read on LC. I felt more comfortable voting for LC than Draco.

The guy also never picked me for BTSC, so :pout:
Metalmarsh you were around earlier than you voted. Why did you wait so late to vote LC if you thought he was bad? Did something happen in the last few minutes that caused you to vote for him? If not, why didn't you vote earlier - even earlier in the day? When did you make your final decision to vote for him?
I would have rather lynched Dom.

Also, the Draco wagon took off rather late, and Draco's self-vote reminded me of TH mafia, where he was lynched similarly, and he also self-voted (breaking the game rules) in the process.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Whether Matt's suggestions are true or not, they are reasonable I think.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

You're running far with this one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

You're running far with this one.
I realized myself that Golden and Tranq's deaths, as well as EpigLlama's flips, must have influenced Boom's train of thought, but that still doesn't mean he should have acted like he hit gold mine.

Have to say, tho, if Boom flips bad, Matt must be bad as well, because at this point, they'd be comfortable enough to run with this bullcrap and make us lose further lynch cycles.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, and MM too. I mean, look at him planting doubt seeds.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Whether Matt's suggestions are true or not, they are reasonable I think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Like we're assuming quite a bit with that theory to just leave boomslang alone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Would you lynch him D7, simply for what he did? How would you approach this?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico, you went from "not entirely dismissable" to "bullcrap" pretty quick there. I'm starting to wonder if LC is right about you.

Dom - Did you read Boomslang's posts after LC's flip? What did you take them to mean, if not btsc checker?
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Rico, you went from "not entirely dismissable" to "bullcrap" pretty quick there. I'm starting to wonder if LC is right about you.

Dom - Did you read Boomslang's posts after LC's flip? What did you take them to mean, if not btsc checker?
No, my clause was simple. IF Boom flip bad, I feel you'd be comfortable, at this stage, to try to talk sense into us.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Rico, you went from "not entirely dismissable" to "bullcrap" pretty quick there. I'm starting to wonder if LC is right about you.

I did.

I'm not as convinced as you seem to be.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico - I can't disagree IF Boom turned up mafia that it would look funny on me. However, I really don't think he's bad. I'm genuinely defending the guy here, and I can't believe so many of you refuse to entertain this option ('cept MM).

Dom - So how did you take his posts to mean, then? What do you think he was getting at with what he was saying?
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Rico - I can't disagree IF Boom turned up mafia that it would look funny on me. However, I really don't think he's bad. I'm genuinely defending the guy here, and I can't believe so many of you refuse to entertain this option ('cept MM).

Dom - So how did you take his posts to mean, then? What do you think he was getting at with what he was saying?
I don't know Matt... maybe that he's a lying baddie. Maybe he aws just mistaken. I didn't know I needed to make a solid decision on your watch.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

I meant to answer you, but forgot, sorry. I didn't suspect you at the time, but when it suddenly became clear to me (falsely so), that LC was probably bad, I had this whole theory that after Boomslang outed LC, you and LC decided in your BTSC that you would come in and say Boomslang was probably cursed. So yeah, that was me and my silly theory.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@Matt: I'm entertaining it, but I don't understand why he went all in. I mean, I understand why he must have done a process by elimination, but I still don't understand that (nor do I find it agreeable, now that what happened happened, that) he went all in.

In other news,

I have motelroom as not having posted since D5. No N5 poll vote, no D6 vote, so far no N6 poll vote. He also missed D3.5 vote. Does that mean he'll get the modboot tonight or on D7, if he misses out on that as well?

Bass sure must have left him a memo saying "Don't do much. It'll be ok."
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom - Whatevs. Continue to suss him actually, maybe that will save him from a NK if the baddies think I'm right. In fact, if there's a protector out there, protect Boom.

Thanks FZ.

Rico - Considering Boomslang said before LC's flip that he wasn't 100% sure, I don't see how you call that "going all in" ?

Anyway, I realized that my pushing of this theory might actually put Boom in harm's way, so blah. Yeah he's totes bad peeps. Let's lynch him tomorrow. Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Care to answer this, Domsky?
Ricochet wrote:Would you lynch him D7, simply for what he did? How would you approach this?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Rico I buy your point on not voting 1 or 5. Though I see these hosts as tricksy enough to take a mix them up view, it's enough of a dilemma for us to figure out if they are reversed or not. I'm going to still vote position 4 because it might be the real position 4.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Dom - Whatevs. Continue to suss him actually, maybe that will save him from a NK if the baddies think I'm right. In fact, if there's a protector out there, protect Boom.

Thanks FZ.

Rico - Considering Boomslang said before LC's flip that he wasn't 100% sure, I don't see how you call that "going all in" ?

Anyway, I realized that my pushing of this theory might actually put Boom in harm's way, so blah. Yeah he's totes bad peeps. Let's lynch him tomorrow. Derp.
Uh, "trust me guys lynch LC" is not "wasn't 100% sure". That triggered everything. Him second guessing himself later didn't have any major impact.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Dom wrote:FZ. of the LC voters, who do you think looks the worst? Who looks worse to you: Boom, MM, or Draco? Does MM's last minute vote for LC read as neutral to you?
MM's vote is something I don't get. If I judge by my standards, if I were an indie, I would try and help the town, so if that's the case, it's what he might have done. But MM isn't me, so I don't know. What I do know is, unless Drac is bad, what reason did he have, as a baddie, to shift his vote to LC? Knowing LC is good would have just ended up in him looking the worst. I can't see the logic in this, so if someone can shed some light on this, it will be appreciated.

As for Boomslang, I don't know what the hell he was thinking. Again, he'd have to know we would look at him, but maybe he's brave enough and thought he could make it work. That said, I don't even know why he felt he had to do that, as a baddie, instead of watching in what direction the wind was blowing (in terms of who was getting votes), and only using that if a baddie was being strongly considered. I don't think that was the case when he came out with it.

Bottom line, none of them really make sense as baddies, but MM is the more unpredictable to me, so maybe him. :shrug:

Lastly, I have no reason to believe Drac is a civvie, but that crazy voting before deadline felt genuine. I don't really know much about his play. If he's bad, that was some major acting on his part. Do you think it's something he's capable of doing?

linki: hey Bea. I get it, not your fault. Just me ventilating frustration :hug:
Contrary to my attitude on Day 3, I don't like ties. Draco has self-voted in a situation like this before, and been civ. I had a slight baddie read on LC. I felt more comfortable voting for LC than Draco.

The guy also never picked me for BTSC, so :pout:
Metalmarsh you were around earlier than you voted. Why did you wait so late to vote LC if you thought he was bad? Did something happen in the last few minutes that caused you to vote for him? If not, why didn't you vote earlier - even earlier in the day? When did you make your final decision to vote for him?
I would have rather lynched Dom.
Also, the Draco wagon took off rather late, and Draco's self-vote reminded me of TH mafia, where he was lynched similarly, and he also self-voted (breaking the game rules) in the process.
Not even rules can keep me from self-voting :noble:

Speaking of rules, I'm already breaking my own rule of never reading the thread during work again :ninja:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Since you're here Draco, why did you self-vote?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Since you're here Draco, why did you self-vote?
I originally had my vote on LC. Then I came back to a sudden wave of votes on me. Voted myself (albeit half-sarcastically half-frustrated) asking why people were following LCs vote. The responses from everyone (everyone being Mac, Bea, and Juliets) sounded genuine. I believe they were genuinely trying to save a civ LC. That made me more frustrated, though, because I didn't want to be a sacrifice, as I clearly stated. That's why I then switched my vote to Dom saying "this is dumb." I knew Dom wouldn't be lynched, but in doing this I tied myself and LC in order to give each of us a chance to survive the lynch (I wanted to leave it up to fate). You really messed that up, though, when you voted for LC after I moved :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I just realized I didn't vote in the night poll for two nights :blush: I could have sworn I put my vote on Bowie...
Anyway, I'm sick and tired and have to vote on this poll. What should I vote. I don't even remember which positions we are supposed to be in and which not. Can anyone help?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Guys, what do these positions mean?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'll just vote with the majority. I can't stay.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
What is your question, exactly? :shrug:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yikes. RIP LC. That was some kinda day :huh:

Position 4, I suppose.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by motel room »

im here, did a vote for a position dealie.
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I've seen mention of positions in various places in this game, but I don't understand what the impact on the game is.

Do some folks have position powers at their disposal or something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

He lives! He liiiiives!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I've seen mention of positions in various places in this game, but I don't understand what the impact on the game is.

Do some folks have position powers at their disposal or something?
Please tell me you're joking.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Never mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Position 1 then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Image
What happened to your theory that Position 1 = Position 5?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Went with 4. 4 is good. I like 4.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Image
What happened to your theory that Position 1 = Position 5?
What happened to not voting either of them?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't have a preference.

Why should I vote for Position 4?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:shrug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm just gonna go with Position 3 instead.

Something about being the third appearance here strikes my fancy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Voting position 5. That's where we were at when we killed LoRab right?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Where did that skeletony thing go? I need it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Where did that skeletony thing go? I need it.
I don't know, I really enjoyed watching it. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: 2015 GAME OF CHAMPIONS POLLS

Post by Turnip Head »

Night 6 poll

Poll ended at Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Position 5
DharmaHelper (5), DrWilgy (21) 10%
Position 4
Dom (3), Draconus (4), juliets (12), FZ. (13), nijuukyugou (14), bea (17) 29%
Position 3
MacDougall (8), motel room (16), Metalmarsh89 (20) 14%
Position 2
Matt (11), Boomslang (15), Sorsha (19) 14%
Position 1
No votes
Innuendo Position (h/d/n)
S~V~S (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Turnip Head (6), a2thezebra (7), LoRab (9), Typhoony (10), JaggedJimmyJay (18) 33%
Total votes : 21
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Light was walking home from rehearsal when he heard a dim thwump behind him. He paused, then turned around. On the sidewalk was a thin, black object. He moved in closer to inspect it. Was it... a notebook?

He knelt down and picked it up, then leafed through it to examine its contents. Blank pages, cover to cover. As he pondered this he caught sight of a towering figure lurching over him; he swore the creature hadn’t been there before.

“Ah, Light, I see you’ve found my gift to you.”

“Who are you,” Light asked the creature. “Wat are you?”

“I am Turnip Head, a god of death. And turnips.”

“Wat is this for?”

“For writing in, mostly. But it’s what you write that counts.”

“Why would you give this to me?”

“Do you always ask so many questions?” Turnip Head flashed a toothy grin. “I did it because I was bored.”

That wasn’t the full truth. Turnip Head had left the notebook in Light’s hands because he knew this man would be capable of great things with it. Great or terrible things.

Light began to consider this sudden turn of events when, in a sudden turn of events, he stepped on a landmine, because this whole scene took place in a minefield, and he exploded into tiny chunks.

“Huh,” Turnip Head grunted. “Didn’t see that coming.”

Dom has been killed. He was Light, a civilian.

Light - Death Note
At any point in the game, Light may accept the Shinigami Eye Deal. If he accepts, he may choose one player each Night and learn their role. Because the Eye Deal shortens your lifespan by half, votes for Light will be worth double for the remainder of the game.

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Re: Day 7 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

Jeez no wonder Dom was flipping out over votes. RIP Dom.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Give me back my notebook...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Day 7 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Marmot »

Why is Light a civilian?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”