Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [DAY 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:
Illyria wrote:Awww DAMNIT. :mad: :why: :why: :why: :why: :why:

But thanks MP for letting me go out the way I would want, with my Whedon.
tbh - your death was the most awesome and true to a player I've ever seen in a sock post :noble: (if we keep using the shortcuts enough they might be smiley's right? )

You would have kicked my ass six ways from sunday in the PA games had you been there. :noble: ( see more use of smileys we need... hopefully sometime a busy mod who has access to this has a few minutes to make it happen)

dead]
FYI I will look into adding more smileys this weekend! Assuming I don't get the time before then. :)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

S~V~S wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I feel like if vomps had teammates/btsc, they would tell him not to do most of the things he has done this game. I also feel, however, that most of his actions/posts have no logical civ explanation :shrug:

I also still feel like SVS's uncharacteristic "big deal" was weird. If we knew which team Lorab had been on, that would probably make me feel more strongly about the whole shebang. I just don't know right now.
You must not know me very well if you think that was uncharacteristic. Having had two unusual kills, getting people to talk about it can sometimes help find the killers~
You've been in every game of mafia I've played and never done that before

so
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Flyin' High »

Aw, crap. I clearly recorded Boomslang's vote wrong. Okay, here is the corrected vote breakdown.

1. axxon (LoRab) 1
2. Epignosis (The Truth) 1
3. triceratops (SVS) 1
4. The Truth (SVS) 2
5. Vompatti (rabbit) 1
6. DH (rabbit) 2
7. jokreher (bea) 1
8. Aces (rabbit) 3
9. Kate (bea) 2
10. LT (bea) 3
11. SVS (bea) 4
12. LoRab (triceratops) 1
13. Illyria (chaindeath) 1
14. chaindeath (rabbit) 4
15. Mr. Droopy (rabbit) 5
16. insertnamehere (bea) 5
17. Flyin' High (bea) 6
18. DisgruntledPorcupine (bea) 7
19. Captain Bunny Killer (rabbit) 6
21. Boomslang (bea) 8
20. rabbit (bea) 9

Didn't vote: bea, Benthayer, birdwithteeth, boatsboatsboats, reywaS, and Roxy

My eyes must have crossed when I originally recorded the votes! :huh: Sorry about that Boomslang.
S~V~S wrote:Since FH has Boomslang voting for Rabbit when he voted for Bea, I am going to remove him from this list for me, and say I would like to look at the Captain, chaindeath & Droopy as well.
Yes, same--off to read those people now! :bounce:
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Okay, in reading back through Mr. Droopy, Captain Bunny Killer, and chaindeath these are the comments I have.

Mr. Droopy: Finds rabbit suspicious, but thinks the case against bea has some merit. Decides to vote for rabbit because of his aggressiveness.

Captain Bunny Killer: Doesn't acknowledge the case against bea at all focusing instead on Vompatti and rabbit. Perhaps she didn't want to weigh in on the suspicion surrounding bea because she's her teammate?

chaindeath: Also doesn't acknowledge the case against bea. So same with the Captain, did chaindeath not want to weigh in because he is teammates with bea? I realize chaindeath himself answered my question about whether or not he always talks in the third person--seems he's just doing it this game for the fun.

Okay--so I'm not sure I gleaned anything incredibly useful from reading back through those 3 players in particular. :why:
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Id say drropy looks the worst from your comments fh. Typical baddie move to mention than blow off. Esp for a noob who may be getting advice.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Look what's happening here. I was watching the whole SVS/rabbit discussion.
DharmaHelper wrote:Doesn't matter where you voted, if HOW you voted contradicts what you previously were saying.

This was what I was talking about regarding twisting/ "Spitballing"
rabbit8 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No, I am not talking about grudge play. I am talking about Faradays basic mildness and blendiness. But no, I am not aware of anyone who does that who is playing this game.

I don't ever remember him ever being NKed Night one. It seems an odd choice, especially in light of his posts, which were mild and blendy. I tried and tried to see who may have felt threatened by him, and I am at a loss. Seeing him NKed kinda shocked me, tbh.

Maybe you are right and it really was random~
Your thoughts on the NK ping me a bit tbh....it's almost as if you are offended that someone killed your partner or something? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen you make such a post after someone is NK'd.

I remember a game where DH made a post about the night kill choice being an odd one and he was totally bad in that game....so your post comes off to me as being familiar with DFs death....meaning he was either your partner or you were involved in killing him.

I dunno....it just seems off to me.
yeah, just like everything I do seems off to you lol.

You know that when i am bad, I am the coldest bus-chucking bitch on the block, lol. If Faraday was my bad teammate, I would not be crying over him in the thread.

If Spongebob did not educate you, DH and i could not be more different. I know Faraday very well, I admire his game immensely, we are like Mafia yin/yang. He almost NEVER gets NKed early, only later when the game is at the role deduction phase. He gets lynched a lot as a civ, but not NKed like this. So I don't think he was NKed by anyone from "our" sphere of influence. But he did not say anything that would lead me to believe the PA people got him either.

So I am trying to figure out what happened to him. A direct read of the roles does not tell me~ it likely is a secret. I was hoping to see if anyone mentioned my interest, but blew it off. Surprised you didn't see that. One of those people could be the killer, IMO.

And i see a few did , on a quick skim, I have to reread, I have been crazy busy at work, and haven't had much time to read threads during the day.
Or, and I'm just spittballing here, you are laying the groundwork to lynch someone becasue you think (but don't really think) they killed DF, who you actually killed.
DharmaHelper wrote:AM I IN SOME SORT OF TWILIGHT ZONE OR ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE OR CHRISTMAS CAROL OR SOMETHING WHERE NOBODY CAN SEE A GOSH DARN THING I AM POSTING GRRRRRRR

Rabbit = Claims INH's episode regarding the first posting challenge was "not suspect", also claims Epignosis was suspect for voting and not posting, then says he's just "messing around".

THEN says that he's got no problem with Leech voting for himself etc etc.

THEN votes Leech with no explaination,

THEN Jumps into the SVS discussion by being all twisty with what SVS was saying.

The civvie Rabbit I know would be all over the Leech voters, giving them all kinds of crap and this rabbit is just chillin'. Not civvie rabbit! NOT CIVVIE!
Add to that the whole "personal reasons" thing, so I go with rabbit. That whole argument ends in a haha-I-was-just-testing-you, and when the lynch happens they both turn on the easy vote targets.

I'm glad a couple more comments have been made that SVS is not acting as normal as she claims. It just adds to my suspicion.

And the case against bea was tied up in this whole discussion when she suggested there could have been secrets that threw off the NK that would explain the randomness of DF's death. I thought it made sense, but then it made everyone suspicious of her, so I didn't know what to think. I just stuck with my early suspicions.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Kate wrote:Id say drropy looks the worst from your comments fh. Typical baddie move to mention than blow off. Esp for a noob who may be getting advice.
Hmmm, yeah that's true. If there is coaching involved I could see that being entirely possible.
ImageImage

LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58

Post by LittleTiger »

RIPiywg axxon n and Illy!

Great post, Alex!
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I feel like if vomps had teammates/btsc, they would tell him not to do most of the things he has done this game. I also feel, however, that most of his actions/posts have no logical civ explanation :shrug:

I also still feel like SVS's uncharacteristic "big deal" was weird. If we knew which team Lorab had been on, that would probably make me feel more strongly about the whole shebang. I just don't know right now.
Vomp is someone I have had my eye on all game. He just seems off... Not seeing the S~V~S suspicion at this point, though.
Flyin' High wrote:
Kate wrote:Id say drropy looks the worst from your comments fh. Typical baddie move to mention than blow off. Esp for a noob who may be getting advice.
Hmmm, yeah that's true. If there is coaching involved I could see that being entirely possible.
I agree, Kate & FH - droopy could be being coached. That is such a classic move!

Also, I haven't seen much from INH lately.

I need to go re-read a bit and get my head back into this game - so much going on, I can't keep stuff straight! FYI - I am in another game and now co-hosting another, so not much time!!!
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Right now, I'd say my biggest two suspicions are Droopy and Vomps. A bit lower on the radar are SVS, DH, and rabbit. Wow, 3 people that ping me almost every game regardless of their role; what a surprise.

I'm going to go back and re-read everything from those people today and give my opinion on each one. Hopefully I can narrow down my suspicions somewhat.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm really not sure how Ifeel about Vomps. Weird as fuck, but I'm not sure about his baddiness. Droopy, however, I could definitely see sense in him being coached. Hmm.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: [DAY 2] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No, I am not talking about grudge play. I am talking about Faradays basic mildness and blendiness. But no, I am not aware of anyone who does that who is playing this game.

I don't ever remember him ever being NKed Night one. It seems an odd choice, especially in light of his posts, which were mild and blendy. I tried and tried to see who may have felt threatened by him, and I am at a loss. Seeing him NKed kinda shocked me, tbh.

Maybe you are right and it really was random~
Your thoughts on the NK ping me a bit tbh....it's almost as if you are offended that someone killed your partner or something? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen you make such a post after someone is NK'd.

I remember a game where DH made a post about the night kill choice being an odd one and he was totally bad in that game....so your post comes off to me as being familiar with DFs death....meaning he was either your partner or you were involved in killing him.

I dunno....it just seems off to me.
yeah, just like everything I do seems off to you lol.

You know that when i am bad, I am the coldest bus-chucking bitch on the block, lol. If Faraday was my bad teammate, I would not be crying over him in the thread.

If Spongebob did not educate you, DH and i could not be more different. I know Faraday very well, I admire his game immensely, we are like Mafia yin/yang. He almost NEVER gets NKed early, only later when the game is at the role deduction phase. He gets lynched a lot as a civ, but not NKed like this. So I don't think he was NKed by anyone from "our" sphere of influence. But he did not say anything that would lead me to believe the PA people got him either.

So I am trying to figure out what happened to him. A direct read of the roles does not tell me~ it likely is a secret. I was hoping to see if anyone mentioned my interest, but blew it off. Surprised you didn't see that. One of those people could be the killer, IMO.

And i see a few did , on a quick skim, I have to reread, I have been crazy busy at work, and haven't had much time to read threads during the day.
This is the post of svs's that you quote above captain bunny killer. This post is the perfect example of civvie svs. it's calm, it's not calculated...it is natural. It is not full of smiley faces to make you think she is sweet and good natured, she just is so it doesn't need the over abundance of smiley faces. Also she has no fear of saying something that may get attention. That is, talking about who was night killed. She's not afraid to do it because she didn't do it.

Also, it's full of typos. Baddie svs is typically meticulous unless she is in a rush or phone posting.

Not baddie svs.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

Droopy's comment is rather strange, it could be determined as trying to shed suspicion from himself.

On the other hand, he may just hate low-posters.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

I'm catching up here, so I'm sorry for being quiet. I'm usually much more vocal in games and I should get back into that groove soon. Catching up on bunches and bunches of posts in two games makes my head hurt. :D

Excellent night post, MP!! Your posts are very entertaining.

linki w/Kate: I agree. From what Ive read of SVS, she seems like civvie SVS to me...
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

In reading back, it seems that Capt. Bunny Killer, Chaindeath and Mr. Droopy Cash all seemed to jump on the rabbit bandwagon - and honestly, I didn't see a valid case presented on him to warrant those people voting for him. Therefore, I have very strong suspicion that they could have been attempting to save Bea. :srsnod:

Droopy definitely stands out the most, though.
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You must not know me very well if you think that was uncharacteristic. Having had two unusual kills, getting people to talk about it can sometimes help find the killers~

so
So, what about this? I don't know SVS, so I'm getting some strongly conflicting accounts.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

so

So, what about this? I don't know SVS, so I'm getting some strongly conflicting accounts.
I'm not sure what you are asking. But here she is saying her bringing up a controversial topic is not urn characteristic. Which is true if she wants to get convo going and if she's a civ.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

@LT I think my case on rabbit was pretty darn valid, even if some of bea's team jumped on it just to try and save bea.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

DharmaHelper wrote:@LT I think my case on rabbit was pretty darn valid, even if some of bea's team jumped on it just to try and save bea.
In your opinion, of course. I didn't agree with it or I would have commented that I found it valid instead of invalid :D But, I do think it was used as a way to save Bea :srsnod:
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

All I'm saying is that others who claim to know SVS thought it uncharacteristic. And since I thought her initial comments about DF's death odd when I first read them, this seems to back it up.

I'd be interested to know what Trice has to say in response to your confirmation that nothing was out of the ordinary.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:All I'm saying is that others who claim to know SVS thought it uncharacteristic. And since I thought her initial comments about DF's death odd when I first read them, this seems to back it up.

I'd be interested to know what Trice has to say in response to your confirmation that nothing was out of the ordinary.
Me too.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:All I'm saying is that others who claim to know SVS thought it uncharacteristic. And since I thought her initial comments about DF's death odd when I first read them, this seems to back it up.

In terms of SVS, I want to be careful given recent (spongebob) events, but if I had to guess right now I'd say SVS is acting pretty civvie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright, here we go.

Droopy: Didn't really grasp my attention until the current day, when he suddenly switched to talking about going after low-posters. It always looks suspicious when somebody starts getting some attention and then decides to go focus on low posters. Seems like a diversion attempt if you ask me. You get one :eye: for now.

Vomps: Votes for rabbit for "personal reasons" and then refuses to talk about it. Either he was forced to vote for rabbit (in which case he is off my radar for now), he's being his normally odd self (which, while normally funny outside of mafia, does not look good in this game at all), or there is something else going on we don't know about (which means he's most likely a baddie). I would say the second option is the least likely one for now. You get two :eye: :eye: for now.

SVS: The only thing odd I can find against SVS is based on what rey and Trice have said. How they feel that she has made comments that apparently aren't normal things she'd say. To me, it's almost the exact opposite of when I caught her as a baddie in Sesame Street Mafia. Her reasoning became more and more inconsistent and illogical the more I pointed out the flaws in her arguments. I'll keep it in mind for now, but she's mostly off the hook unless more people start to feel there's something off with her. I have a hell of a time reading her anyway lol. We'll go with half an :eye: at most.

rabbit: There is definitely a rabbit bandwagon going on here. I don't see anything that screams "baddie rabbit" here. Mostly I see people like Droopy, chaindeath, and Bunny Killer latching onto said bandwagon either because he's "very aggressive" (which seems like civvie rabbit to me) or as an attempt to dissuade from a bea lynch. If rabbit was a baddie, I think he would be hiding in the shadows much more and wouldn't be as outspoken as he has been. He's off my radar.

Dharmahelper: Seems like he was the first person to bring up the rabbit train. And as I have already stated, I don't see much validity to it at this point. However, he also seems like he's trying to dissuade himself from it which to me could read as a baddie tactic. Really though idk. He's one of the hardest people to read for me. So I guess for now I'll keep an :eye: on him, but I'm totally on the fence with him.

That narrows my field down to the people jumping on the rabbit bandwagon (DH probably excluded for now though) so Rabbit Killer, Droopy, and Vomps.

Lots of linki. Of course, this is what happens when I leave my browser open for 2 1/2 hours and forget about this post lol. Will read through some of the other comments.

DH linki: Yeah, I still think the DFaraday comment was a bit strange, but not enough to warrant further investigation. And as I already said, the way she is acting looks like civvie SVS to me.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

LittleTiger wrote:In reading back, it seems that Capt. Bunny Killer, Chaindeath and Mr. Droopy Cash all seemed to jump on the rabbit bandwagon - and honestly, I didn't see a valid case presented on him to warrant those people voting for him. Therefore, I have very strong suspicion that they could have been attempting to save Bea. :srsnod:

Droopy definitely stands out the most, though.
Exactly. Pretty much what I was trying to point out.
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

I don't think Trice's posts were of ill-intentions. I just think he was honestly just a little weirded by the posts.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

so
If i am not mistaken, I was bad in two of them, and an indi in one,

so
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also Kate, thanks for the Epic post enumerating my tells :D :D

I will strat working on that right away, lol

xoxo
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:Also Kate, thanks for the Epic post enumerating my tells :D :D

I will strat working on that right away, lol

xoxo
I thought you might like that. :bounce:
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Droopy's actions seem odd, but at the same time, maybe he just doesn't have that much of an idea of what he's doing, as it's been said before.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Droopy's actions seem odd, but at the same time, maybe he just doesn't have that much of an idea of what he's doing, as it's been said before.
But the point is that he's doing typical mafia things without having the knowledge base to know of such things.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by chaindeath »

This Mafia thing is harder than chaindeath thought that it would be... Oh well, that's what makes it fun right? :)

Two people have died. chaindeath hopes that they (being axxon and Illyria, as last time he got in trouble for posting without saying names) have a good time in Sovngrade if you people were good, if not he banishes you to the Soul Cairn. (A Skyrim referance for those who do not know :))

In regards to the rabbit vote, he honestly just chose someone who had votes to their name. He was not trying to take focus away from bea, just not experienced with this game, was a little overwhelmed at the time of voting, and to be honest he guessed. He is deeply sorry.

Chaindeath will now attempt a joke to lighten the mood! "My, my birdwithteeth11 you have four and one half eyes to watch people with? So wouldn't you have to be partly or mostly Omniscient? Baddie???" Get it? Because he's watching many people at once? Go here to see the face chaindeath makes when he asks you this: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... /moray.jpg :haha: Without this picture he is positive the joke will be lost.

He is also not sure if it really matters but he would like to point out the sentence that droopy posted: "We need to get some of these non-posters out of the way...I'm getting bored with them." If droopy was a civi wouldn't he want as many people to be with him as possible? Even if they didn't post? This struck chaindeath as odd.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Droopy's actions seem odd, but at the same time, maybe he just doesn't have that much of an idea of what he's doing, as it's been said before.
But the point is that he's doing typical mafia things without having the knowledge base to know of such things.
yeah, my mouth literally fell open when he said he wanted to look at low posters, lol
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate does not get the joke but likes the fish face.

We are playing skyrim here. I made my character a girl and named her Kate. Husband promptly restarted :mad:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

You are a weird individual, chaindeath.

Thing is, if the votes against rabbit8 were genuine and not an attempt to save bea, then these people would probably want to vote for rabbit8 again, no?

Right now, I'm not entirely convinced that there isn't something going on between the hare and the wombat. Had I the freedom last time, I would have cast a vote for either of them. Though casting a vote for rabbit8 would put me in the "protecting bea" class under scrunity now, so again, probably better off being derpified for that day... :|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

I'm not sure why the low poster thing is such a big deal. Directing suspicion and conversation, thereby turning people away from you, seems to be more advantageous to the bads.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

I feel a noose slowly tightening around my neck...

As for being coached, I can assure you I am not. If I were being coached, I wouldn't have made what many of you are calling a mistake (or so it seems). I'm trying to catch on to how to play this game based off what I've seen from other people. Also, before the site was even created, MP kept talking on and on about this game trying to explain how to play and what some strategies that people use are. I guess it would've been better for me to stick with one strategy than to try to mix them up. I'm not sure I can say anything at all to save my ass at this point but it's been enjoyable thus far.

Anyways, I like reading through all of this discussion, even if it is negative towards me. I'd like to get rid of the people who don't post to encourage further discussion, as opposed to eliminating avid posters and lessening the frequency of discussions. Also, before starting I was made aware that one strategy some people like to use when they are baddies is to try and fly under the radar without posting for as long as they can, thus helping my case against them.

My choice to vote Rabbit as opposed to a low-poster last lynch was because of the odds of the vote being successful. If I had voted for a low-poster, my vote wouldn't have made a difference (other than the chance of ME getting lynched next time). I had more of a suspicion for rabbit than I did bea (even though bea ended up being a baddie) so I went rabbit.

This wasn't supposed to be a book-post but it looks like it is now. Hopefully it's read and taken into consideration. I'm not ready to die...I'm too young! As of now, my vote stays with rabbit for this lynch unless someone actually jumps on my low-poster bandwagon!
You can just call me...."The Best"
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:I feel a noose slowly tightening around my neck...

As for being coached, I can assure you I am not. If I were being coached, I wouldn't have made what many of you are calling a mistake (or so it seems). I'm trying to catch on to how to play this game based off what I've seen from other people. Also, before the site was even created, MP kept talking on and on about this game trying to explain how to play and what some strategies that people use are. I guess it would've been better for me to stick with one strategy than to try to mix them up. I'm not sure I can say anything at all to save my ass at this point but it's been enjoyable thus far.

Anyways, I like reading through all of this discussion, even if it is negative towards me. I'd like to get rid of the people who don't post to encourage further discussion, as opposed to eliminating avid posters and lessening the frequency of discussions. Also, before starting I was made aware that one strategy some people like to use when they are baddies is to try and fly under the radar without posting for as long as they can, thus helping my case against them.

My choice to vote Rabbit as opposed to a low-poster last lynch was because of the odds of the vote being successful. If I had voted for a low-poster, my vote wouldn't have made a difference (other than the chance of ME getting lynched next time). I had more of a suspicion for rabbit than I did bea (even though bea ended up being a baddie) so I went rabbit.

This wasn't supposed to be a book-post but it looks like it is now. Hopefully it's read and taken into consideration. I'm not ready to die...I'm too young! As of now, my vote stays with rabbit for this lynch unless someone actually jumps on my low-poster bandwagon!
Lol I like you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Boomslang wrote:I'm not sure why the low poster thing is such a big deal. Directing suspicion and conversation, thereby turning people away from you, seems to be more advantageous to the bads.
It can be hard for baddies to have real suspicions, so they often fade back. But i happen to agree with you, being out there can be advantageous to a baddie.

But the low poster conversation here is not about the low posters themselves~ when baddies have suspicion on them, they often try to turn the conversation to "low posters" in order to take the suspicion off of themselves~ in a quiet thread or a thread without suspicions, low posters often get lynched for not participating and becasue people suspect them, of being "blendy", or fading back. So for me, when there are real suspicions in the thread, turning to low posters seems like something a baddie would do since most people would rather lynch someone for suspicions, rather than for low participation.

So Droopy bringing up low posters when his name has been mentioned as possibly being someone trying to save Bea seems kind of suspect :shrug2:
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 61

Post by rabbit8 »

Flyin' High wrote:Okay, in reading back through Mr. Droopy, Captain Bunny Killer, and chaindeath these are the comments I have.

Mr. Droopy: Finds rabbit suspicious, but thinks the case against bea has some merit. Decides to vote for rabbit because of his aggressiveness.

Captain Bunny Killer: Doesn't acknowledge the case against bea at all focusing instead on Vompatti and rabbit. Perhaps she didn't want to weigh in on the suspicion surrounding bea because she's her teammate?

chaindeath: Also doesn't acknowledge the case against bea. So same with the Captain, did chaindeath not want to weigh in because he is teammates with bea? I realize chaindeath himself answered my question about whether or not he always talks in the third person--seems he's just doing it this game for the fun.

Okay--so I'm not sure I gleaned anything incredibly useful from reading back through those 3 players in particular. :why:

This is Droops first game? If so I say some coaching is going on. Though coul dbe civie, but my first instict after his vote and reasoning has me thinking baddie BTSC.

CPK: This is the one I think is a baddie for sure. I think he on beas team for sure.

chaindeath, I could go either way.

I think two of them are baddies with the way the vote went down. Plus with an inexperienced (assuming droopy is on beas team) on the team could have made it difficult for them to hide as much as they could have. Or did not know they should hide?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

For the record, one of my "commandments" I guess when playing is that if you're not playing, you should be lynched. Anybody I've played with in the past can confirm that I have almost a zero tolerance policy for non participation :P

But that being said, I only fall back on voting for low participating players when I don't have anything better to look at, and in this case, in this game, I feel there are far better suspects to look at.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

SVS, this wasn't the first time I've brought up low-posters. The lynch on Day 1-I voted for Boats because they didn't post on Day 1 at all. Just sayin' is all. I don't like voting with the crowd because I find people who do that to be suspicious. If someone is a baddie and it's obvious their teammate is going to get lynched, it would be very beneficial for them to vote for their teammate as well to take heat off themselves. Therefore, it could also be argued that one or two of the late voters for Bea last lynch are baddies.

My mind has too much ADD going on to stay on track with one thing. I like switchin it up. Who knows, maybe I'll vote for Kate because because she didn't argue with my book...I mean post. (I won't...but who knows!)

linki (finally get to linki! yay!): yes it's my first game rabbit and no, there's no coaching. I was given some tips and explanation before roles were ever dished out. My opinions are made up by me with the advice of no one.

--I'll admit I had some suspicion of Bea but I couldn't come outright and say bea was bad. Rabbit-you're on the offense all the time from what I can see. That led me more towards to you being bad than Bea. Since Bea WAS bad, maybe that just means you're badder?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:I feel a noose slowly tightening around my neck...

Not all coaching is good, I know I had some crap help when I fisrt started playing. ;)

You're trying to divert attention away from you using low poster, though it looks like they are about to get killed off. This is another notch on your baddie card just scratched IMO.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
--I'll admit I had some suspicion of Bea but I couldn't come outright and say bea was bad. Rabbit-you're on the offense all the time from what I can see. That led me more towards to you being bad than Bea. Since Bea WAS bad, maybe that just means you're badder?
Why couldn't you come right out and say it?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:SVS, this wasn't the first time I've brought up low-posters. The lynch on Day 1-I voted for Boats because they didn't post on Day 1 at all. Just sayin' is all. I don't like voting with the crowd because I find people who do that to be suspicious. If someone is a baddie and it's obvious their teammate is going to get lynched, it would be very beneficial for them to vote for their teammate as well to take heat off themselves. Therefore, it could also be argued that one or two of the late voters for Bea last lynch are baddies.

My mind has too much ADD going on to stay on track with one thing. I like switchin it up. Who knows, maybe I'll vote for Kate because because she didn't argue with my book...I mean post. (I won't...but who knows!)

linki (finally get to linki! yay!): yes it's my first game rabbit and no, there's no coaching. I was given some tips and explanation before roles were ever dished out. My opinions are made up by me with the advice of no one.

I'm always on offense. Thats how you catch baddies. ;)

And why did you hide your suspicion of Bea, oh right, becasue you knew she was bad, lol. :ohyeah:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

If I would have come out and said I'm suspicious of bea but I'm voting for rabbit, wouldn't that just made me look worse? There is no win in this lose-lose situation for me.

rabbit-that's exactly why I did it...you're so smart my friend! :dead horse:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

I'll tell you what Rabbit, you think 2/3 of the late bea votes are baddies-I would be willing to vote for either of the other two. Who seems more suspicious?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:SVS, this wasn't the first time I've brought up low-posters. The lynch on Day 1-I voted for Boats because they didn't post on Day 1 at all. Just sayin' is all. I don't like voting with the crowd because I find people who do that to be suspicious. If someone is a baddie and it's obvious their teammate is going to get lynched, it would be very beneficial for them to vote for their teammate as well to take heat off themselves. Therefore, it could also be argued that one or two of the late voters for Bea last lynch are baddies.

Dude, this is your first game???
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:I'll tell you what Rabbit, you think 2/3 of the late bea votes are baddies-I would be willing to vote for either of the other two. Who seems more suspicious?
Wow, you are new, aren't you! ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:

tbh - your death was the most awesome and true to a player I've ever seen in a sock post :noble: (if we keep using the shortcuts enough they might be smiley's right? )

That said - please keep playing here Illy - this crew is fun. With all sorts of new people who are not all the problems that exist elsewhere - they are all sorts of awesome in their zany ways. I hope your early death does not mean you don't play with us anymore. This is quickly becoming my second most fav place to play mafia and I love having the goddess around. :srrsnd: You would have kicked my ass six ways from sunday in the PA games had you been there. :noble: ( see more use of smileys we need... hopefully sometime a busy mod who has access to this has a few minutes to make it happen)

@ daisy - well done my friend. really well done. You have earned the Awesome Person Of The Month award in my book.

@ wabbit. - awe....you know it's a love that can never be right? I had to lock diggz up when I read it out loud to him! You'll always have a *very* fond spot in my heart but - yea - you have Mrs. Wabbit and she is a SAINT in my book and I have my One True Love. Maybe in another life or another world.... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: OMG - I just have to say - soooooo funny. :wine: :fiesta: really. OMG - even diggz wanted to create an account to come give wabbit crap about it. :haha:
*feels entirely unloved*
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:I'll tell you what Rabbit, you think 2/3 of the late bea votes are baddies-I would be willing to vote for either of the other two. Who seems more suspicious?
I hate this post droop. Don't like it one bit. :|

Seriously svs for the love of Christ upload some smilies!
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

LoRab wrote:
bea wrote:

That said - please keep playing here Illy - this crew is fun. With all sorts of new people who are not all the problems that exist elsewhere - they are all sorts of awesome in their zany ways. I hope your early death does not mean you don't play with us anymore. This is quickly becoming my second most fav place to play mafia and I love having the goddess around. :srrsnd: You would have kicked my ass six ways from sunday in the PA games had you been there. :noble: ( see more use of smileys we need... hopefully sometime a busy mod who has access to this has a few minutes to make it happen)

@ daisy - well done my friend. really well done. You have earned the Awesome Person Of The Month award in my book.

@ wabbit. - awe....you know it's a love that can never be right? I had to lock diggz up when I read it out loud to him! You'll always have a *very* fond spot in my heart but - yea - you have Mrs. Wabbit and she is a SAINT in my book and I have my One True Love. Maybe in another life or another world.... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: OMG - I just have to say - soooooo funny. :wine: :fiesta: really. OMG - even diggz wanted to create an account to come give wabbit crap about it. :haha:
*feels entirely unloved*
I would totally love you with a smilie right now but guess what. All I can do is bounce :bounce: or offer you coffee :coffee:

Return to “Previous Jobs”