Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by DFaraday »

MacDougall wrote:
DFaraday wrote:It's still Day 0 and we're on 13 pages???? I'll start catching up... :sigh:
Please don't fall into the trap of not doing it. Find us 15 minutes of your time and do so DFaraday. I'm going to make it my personal duty to hold people accountable to promises they make this time out.
15 minutes? I've spent the last 40 minutes slogging through a swamp of Golden and Enrique arguing semantics and I'm barely halfway through the thread.

For the record, I'm not seeing either as particularly shady so far, they just seem to have different priorities in whom to hunt. I agree with Enrique that ignoring the Independents is a bad idea, since most of us need most of them out, so collectively the civs are more or less against the Arkham inmates.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
DFaraday wrote:It's still Day 0 and we're on 13 pages???? I'll start catching up... :sigh:
Please don't fall into the trap of not doing it. Find us 15 minutes of your time and do so DFaraday. I'm going to make it my personal duty to hold people accountable to promises they make this time out.
15 minutes? I've spent the last 40 minutes slogging through a swamp of Golden and Enrique arguing semantics and I'm barely halfway through the thread.

For the record, I'm not seeing either as particularly shady so far, they just seem to have different priorities in whom to hunt. I agree with Enrique that ignoring the Independents is a bad idea, since most of us need most of them out, so collectively the civs are more or less against the Arkham inmates.
Arkham Inmates = supervillains

Thematically I think we should probably indy-hunt as emphatically as we mafia hunt.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Okay Lorab is probably not here but bea appeared to totally ignore the fact that I eyeballed her so that's a point against her.
Nope. I saw it. I noted it.

I was waiting for something to be able to respond to from you.

You eye me because of tone? Um...sorry? IDK how my tone here is different from any other time I play. Today is a day off so I happen to be around a bit more than normal....outside of that, I've got nothing.
So you saw it but didn't comment ergo you ignored it?

Seems more like you didn't want to confront me about it. Hoped it'd just go away.
If there's one thing I do know about you Mac it's that you don't just go away. ;)

Like I said. You didn't give me anything to respond to so I didn't
Sorry you disliked my tone.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

I voted City Hall for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've no idea at all what the hell I'm doing in this game and being the 'outsider' I always seem to be, it seems appropriate for me to select such a location. At 13 pages, this game has gotten so far away from me now... I just can't... :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

And I had such high hopes for this game... I'm sorry guys...

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

bea wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Okay Lorab is probably not here but bea appeared to totally ignore the fact that I eyeballed her so that's a point against her.
Nope. I saw it. I noted it.

I was waiting for something to be able to respond to from you.

You eye me because of tone? Um...sorry? IDK how my tone here is different from any other time I play. Today is a day off so I happen to be around a bit more than normal....outside of that, I've got nothing.
So you saw it but didn't comment ergo you ignored it?

Seems more like you didn't want to confront me about it. Hoped it'd just go away.
If there's one thing I do know about you Mac it's that you don't just go away. ;)

Like I said. You didn't give me anything to respond to so I didn't
Sorry you disliked my tone.
Didn't I?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:And I had such high hopes for this game... I'm sorry guys...
Keep your high hopes, glorfindel. I find these days things start very loud early but tend to slow down significantly after about day one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Agh, it's too early in the morning for me to think straight, but this is what I'm assuming at the moment.

Since there's seven people on Arkham, I feel led to assume that they're the villains who gain some sort of handicap if they start there (with the secret abilities for Joker, Bane and The Riddler, I don't feel this is too far fetched).Along with that, perhaps the four votes on the Police Department accumulates a bonus for the Gotham Police.

The other theory is that, as others have already said, they're scenarios for each location.

I'm going to hold off my vote for a while until I make up my mind.

Anyway, good to be back playing Mafia, I took a break with stuff going on.
In the Star Wars game I pretty much caught Enrique on day 0 because he had this cucked reason for being selective with the position choice on the day zero poll. What you've done here is that. I find it hard to rationalise why you'd be cautious with a day 0 poll unless you knew to be.
I'm only being cautious because I don't want to make a descsion that will result in something beneficial for the scum, that's all I'm doing.
I was cautious in Tree Mafia when I had the deciding vote, remember that. I try to make decisions carefully.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
Keep your high hopes, glorfindel. I find these days things start very loud early but tend to slow down significantly after about day one.
Thank you, my friend :hug: I'll do my best to try to keep up...

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Time for some reads, though mostly tone reading.

Mac: My only clear civ read. Seems genuinely interested in finding the culprits.

Sig: Neutral/slight civ. I don´t like how he was blamed this early. People jumped at his throat at the slighest suspicion.

Golden and Enrique: Neutral. I'm surprised you managed to argue that much about something that doesn´t really matter right now, but Im still happy you had that discussion now rather than later on in the game where time is valuable.

Zebra: A frustrated civvy. People tunneled on her waaay too much.

MovingPictures: Neutral/sligtly scum. Rubs me the wrong way how he went for Zebra. Doesn´t seem to me like there was much to deduce from her choice of poll option, yet he kinda pushed her for it. Seems really forced.

Bass: Slightly scum. Weird tone + people have made valid points against him that I do somewhat agree with, but I wouldn´t call it evidence as of yet.

Bea: Neutral. I think I need to be meta if I want to read her/him at this point.

Im happy that Arkham is the most voted for poll option. The game almost urges us to go there, so Im surprised more people aren´t voting for it.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

:stare:
a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote:Zeebs - Strong or not, can you give me your current read of each of the Arkham voters? Considering the votes for Arkham are "downright alarming", just wondering.

:beer:
Bass_the_Clever - Null
ekeknat - Null
sprityo - Null
Matt - Bad
Scotty - Null
MovingPictures07 - Null
Nerolunar - Null
a2thezebra wrote:I don't see why saying that I find the amount of votes for Arkham Asylum to be alarming - which it is - has to refer to any specific votes or any specific voters.
a2thezebra wrote:Like I said, I am not suspicious of anyone in particular who voted for Arkham Asylum (even in Matt's case I'm suspicious of him for other more recent reasons), I am only suspicious of the option itself.

a2thezebra wrote:Where is this coming from? First Matt, then Nerolunar, possibly S~V~S, and now you, all assuming that me thinking that the Arkham Asylum option being so popular has to be some kind of statement about particular people that voted for it. It's not.
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Null = Nothing.

You were alarmed literally by *nothing*
I'm alarmed at the poll option being so popular. I am not alarmed at anyone in particular who voted for it. Why is this impossible to understand?
a2thezebra wrote:My reads were null because I don't lean good or bad on anyone but Matt, and in Matt's case I read him as bad for reasons unrelated to his vote. My reads of the people who voted for Arkham Asylum being null has nothing to do with me finding the Arkham Asylum option being so popular alarming. I don't know how many times in how many different ways I have to say this.
As for how many time you have to say the same thing over and over, my count is currently at 5. I would go on, but I think there's still about 30/35 posts of yours to sift through, and I think we get the gist. You've regurgitated over and over and over "I do not find the voters themselves alarming or suspicious, just the option itself."

And yet...
a2thezebra wrote:I'm against it because I don't see how going to the place where everyone has escaped from, rather than any other place where we have a chance at finding out where they have escaped to, would be beneficial for the civs. I'm also against it because I find it shady how more popular it is than all of the other options. As to why it got so drawn out, your guess is as good as mine.
So wait. Over five times (before I stopped counting), you said that you didn't find any of the voters suspicious, even me. How can you reconcile that with saying that it is SHADY how Arkham is more popular then the other options? What makes an option popular anyway? The voters. So if you believe the popularity is shady, you believe those who make it popular to be shady.

On another note, I think SVS nailed it. You were literally alarmed over nothing. Or so you claimed. Until you slipped and just admitted you found the popularity of Arkham to be "shady", i.e. dishonest, suspicious, etc.

Btw, it's a little irritating for you to claim that my suss of you isn't "genuine". Regardless of alignment, I'd be looking for baddies either which way. Case in point, in GoC, until the Noses all died, I GENUINELY believed Marmot to be on the other team. There is zero reason for me to not be genuine. What are you even talking about?

Anyway, I think you're bad. Don't know if you're mafia or indie, but I think you were trying to plant suspicion on the Arkham voters, and then backtracked when I called you out on it. You saying over and over "I didn't find anyone suspicious, though, not even Matt for his vote" does NOT gel with you saying "The popularity of that option is SHADY".

Btw, Golden, are you aware that Wayne Manor gets a 12% increase for every dead inmate? You keep saying that no civs "necessarily" need them dead. That's not true.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

A hypocritical point.

Am I the only one who finds long wall posts almost intentionally designed to not be read? I have copped stick for posting a few replies in a row before but I would be much more willing to read that than one quote mountain post.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

A relevant article I think.

If one has a genuine desire to make a point that is understood one should make some effort to learn how.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/commun ... RtYNXCGZvA
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That link is broken. Use this if you are interested.
http://www.jonathanfields.com/short-replies/
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Bubbles »

bea wrote:
Bubbles wrote:hi all! *waves* i'm picking wayne's manor because i'm a goodie and it sounds like a civ option :nicenod:
bubbles!! long time no see!! I didn't realize you were signed up for this! :) I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. :)
Aw thanks miss bea, glad you're here too! :hugs: havent played mafia for a while feels like i'm starting over :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, here are the two posts where I tried to engage you in conversation, and, as far as I'm aware, didn't receive a direct response:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:Because he joked about finding me suspicious in case he's wrong? So he can easily lynch me if the pendulum swings that way?
That's part of it. I've been finding his tone disingenuous. Hard to say if its MP trying to invest less.
I'm more than happy to own up to my suspicions and thoughts and take responsibility for my votes, so if you're concerned about that, your concern is misplaced. I was willing to throw a civilian read of Dom out there, however slight, and I'm still standing by it now. If I turn out to be wrong, then that's mafia, so be it, and I was willing to joke about my propensity to read Dom incorrectly due to thinking with absolute confidence he was bad when spectating GoC 2015 only to be proven incorrect again.

I am consciously trying to invest less. Finding it a bit difficult to at the moment, but I'm trying, because I always overinvest myself, especially in these large games for some reason. I really can't afford the emotional energy to do that even remotely right now.
If I'm a slight civ read, why set me up for an easy vote later like that?
I'm not setting anything up. If anything, it should be absolutely transparent what my thoughts of you have been. If I decide to find you suspicious later, then you and others should rightfully grill me for why I've changed my mind.

Why would you think I would (1) set you up and (2) could even get away with a future vote like that?

I should be willing and able to reassess anyone at any moment, including you, and I don't want to feel locked into my opinion of you; I don't need a joke in order for me to feel that way. It was clearly a joke, and the object of nothing nefarious. I was trying to start out playing this game light-hearted, but it seems my tone is shifting, and I'm getting too far sucked in.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The last thing this thread needs right now is a pissing match between two high posters. It was starting to develop between Enrique and Golden, and I legitimately saw nothing there, so I made that vocally aware. Now with zebra, Dom honestly asked me to name someone I thought looked most suspicious gut-wise out of Day 0, I answered him honestly, and what has ensued in the surrounding time is a zebra misunderstandingfest, but now that I've seen more from her on it I understand her viewpoint. Consequently, I was able to erase my very vague gut-based suspicion in mine and others' attempts to engage her in conversation about it. I understand that civilians feel alone because literally anyone could be deceiving them, but people need to be equally skeptical and yet actively trying to understand everyone else as much as possible, rather than laser-focusing on one player. Especially this early in the game.
any reason for the name drop?

also golden, do you think enrique is bad at the end of the day?
I was explaining the events exactly as they occurred.

Why are you questioning me over this?
I really don't understand where you're coming from with the name drop argument, and I don't want either of us to suspect each other because we're merely miscommunicating somehow, so I wanted to engage you in this. Let me know if I can do anything else to assist your elaboration.
#1) I don't see your issue whatsoever. You made a post saying you thought I was civvie, and in the same breath said you wouldn't be surprised if I was bad. This is what I think you call hedging. You're putting yourself in a position to change your mind easily and say, "See!"
That pings me.

#2) With that in mind, when you describe your Zebra suspicion and suddenly you put the origin at me, it seems awfully like you're trying to make me a lynch candidate down the road. This wouldn't bother me on its own, but with #1, it does.
MovingPictures07 wrote:How about a new discussion point: What do you all think of this post by MacDougall?
MacDougall wrote:Checking in to say that Turnip Head is bad.
I haven't said anything about it yet myself.
I had one ping of TH. Mac didn't address it. I don't think his points on TH are anything special.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Hey everyone, I've just got home and back to my laptop! Have a few errands to run and will hopefully catch up soon enough.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Good Luck with that :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Also @Bea, thanks for that. No one like you to make a well needed slap feel like a hug :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

TH, you asked for my thoughts (sorry, I went to bed about that time) and they are:

I'm glad the Enrique/Golden discussion has been pretty much put to bed. That was a lot of posts to finally get to basically the same conclusion that both are important and the time to have that discussion is if we are facing lynching who we think is a baddie vs. someone we think is an indy.

I understood zebra after she explained the first time that she was suspicious of the location but not necessarily the people who voted for it so I was not pulled in to that giant scramble we had about what she was really saying. I will say I didn't get it when she first said it, it took some explanation.

I don't have suspicions about those three people, but then again I don't have suspicions about the others who have spoken either. Dom is doing the questions asking I would expect, MP I'm not sure of, Mac is doing the accusing I would expect, and SVS and bea haven't done anything that raises my suspicion. In other words, it's too early for me to have any real suspicions. It did lift my brow a little bit when bea included me with her when asking a question but she did that with Mac in GOC and she was good so I'm not going to put much into that.

Finally, after all the arguments I read about a choice in this poll the person who said "it's just a day 1 poll" made the most sense. So, I am going with my gut choice of Arkham Asylum. Just as a reminder I saw this as the most logical choice because the game instructions were to find the whereabouts of the excapees and I think it's wise to start from the breakout and fan out from there. Plus there could easily be some clues at Arkham itself, people who may know which way some of the escapees are headed.

I did look at your link Mac, thank you. And I am not buddying up to you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

DISCLAIMER: This is somewhat off-topic and it's directed entirely at S~V~S so if you're not up for reading it that's more than okay with me.

S~V~S, we've been talking about two different things. To me it seems like you're under the impression that I don't like you tone-reading me but that's not true, I don't care, I'm not even talking about that. I'm not even talking about your suspicion of me or how I'm reading you, this is practically off-topic discussion which is why I got frustrated at myself that I couldn't convey to you that it was.

I'm trying to say that I don't think it's a fault that you're reading me by tone. I. Don't. Care. That's not even what I'm saying, at all. I disagree (as I have tried to make clear) that tone-reading is somehow a fault of yours because not only do I think it's a valid way of finding baddies, it's my primary method of deciding my reads myself. So that's not what I'm even talking about, but you keep responding to me like that's the issue that I have and it's not even what I'm talking about. I take no issue with you finding snark suspicious or tone suspicious or anything suspicious, I am not talking about that. I don't know how many times in how many different ways I can say this before you stop saying "it's a fault I have" and "it's a failing of mine" when I don't even fucking agree that it is (see the portions I underlined in our back-and-forth below for evidence of this), and that I think you by all means should continue to do that.

What I am talking about isn't related to reads or suspicions but it is related to mafia in general which is why I'm not putting it in OT green, since it could effect this game later and it's something I want to try and fix. Let me try and elaborate as intricately as I can possibly can on your response here and some of what I said earlier as well in the hopes that you can get a better idea of what I'm really really really really really really trying to make as crystal clear as possible:
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Not everyone views it that way; to me it reads like mocking the PERSON. I would have taken it as such had it been me. And although MP & I are wildle different, that is one way we are the same. Some people can man up & grow a sense of humor about themselves, and some cannot. So I tend to view mocking, or making fuin of peoples opinions, as aggression.

It is not a fucking fault for you to view mockery as aggression and to view aggression as bad. If you view the way I've acted in some instances as aggressive and snarky and therefore bad then I have no objection to that whatsoever, I. DON'T. CARE. That's not what I'm talking about. I take absolutely no goddamn issue whatsoever with you suspecting me based on tone, I cannot fucking stress this enough. It's not what I'm even talking about and I have no problem with you doing it.

It's a fault I have.
I understand having a problem with mocking the person, but just before you said it was mocking the suspicion, and that that wasn't a good look. Which is it? I'm having a very hard time trying to understand where you stand. I'll think that you feel one way and then you'll say something that makes me think otherwise. I know it's not your fault but it's extremely frustrating. I'm not sure how much of this you're trying to imply is alignment-indicative, how much of it you're saying is something you take personal not game-related issue with, how much of it you're being sarcastic about, I just don't follow you at all here. Same with the post before this that you made. Like what were you saying by stating that "alarming" is an adverb? Was that meant to be relevant, were you just being funny, and in either case what did I say that you were responding to by saying that? Sorry if I'm being interrogative and rant-y, I'm just agitated that I still can't seem to properly communicate with you in this game just like the last. It's not what I want and I feel that it's my fault.
We could not communicate in the last becasue you were a baddie trying to kill me, making a mountain out of a molehill, lol.

Even though I was a baddie in that game I genuinely believed everything I said regarding Scotty's slip and I was genuinely VERY frustrated that you weren't responding to so much of what I had to say. Like VERY, VERY frustrated. I honestly thought you were doing it because you were a baddie from the other team it was pissing me off so much.

Well, you were incredibly wrong.

That's not the point. My point is that it would've helped if you had tried to communicate with me instead of ignoring 95% of what I had to say over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and fucking over again in favor of the 5% that you could easily respond to and dismiss. If I'm good then working with me will help me not tunnel you if you're good as well, and if I'm bad then working with me will make it harder for me to mislynch you. I just can't fathom why in the last game and in this one you continually seem to be deliberately (and that's where my frustration primarily comes from, because like I've said I'm not sure if you choose to pretend that so much of what I put in the effort to articulate multiple times in multiple ways just doesn't exist or if I'm just not being clear enough with it) pretending like so much of what I've tried to put so much effort into articulating over and over again to the point where I lose my ability to articulate altogether like right now doesn't exist. And let me make clear, I don't think you're doing this deliberately it just seems like it, and that's why I've gotten so frustrated. Like so far in your response here you've either pretended that all of this content I gave you to work with doesn't exist or you've missed it or you've ignored it or I haven't made it clear enough to you I don't fucking know goddammit:

Do you think I was mocking the person or mocking the suspicion? Or both?
Regardless, are you trying to say it is alignment-indicative or that you take personal issue with it? Or both? Or neither?
Where do you stand with me? I'm just mad at how much we've gone back and forth yet I don't even have the slightest idea what you actually think.
What did I say that caused you to respond by saying that "alarming" is an adverb? What was your point in saying that?
Furthermore, how much of your responses have been sarcastic? A lot of it to me reads like subtle condescension.
I just don't fucking know what you're trying to say, at all, anywhere. And it's clear to me that you don't know what I'm trying to say either.

And I am not saying it is alignment indicative. I am saying I wish you would stop mocking MP or anyone for suspecting you, or questioning you. You say something, or a number of things, that make total sense to me and I feel all warm and fuzzy, then you say something like "just sayin" or mock someones suspicions of you by putting words in quotes, anf the warm fuzzy just evaporates. Your content is not baddie to me; it's the sarco-trimmings that keep pulling me back in.

I find this so goddamn fucking confusing because you keep responding to me like you're suspicious of me for my "mockery" and you keep saying it's a fault of yours for suspecting people based on tone (which I don't even fucking agree with) but here you say that it's not alignment-indicative, and you seem to be saying that it's a personal issue you have. So when I respond below not trying to defend my alignment (because, again, reminder, you said that you are not saying it was alignment-indicative so my response wasn't defending my alignment it was only defending what I felt was a personal accusation) you then go on to respond as if you were attacking my alignment all along and that my defense wasn't a defense of my integrity but of my alignment. WHICH IS IT??????????????? Because I don't care if you suspect me based on tone and what you think is mockery, but if it's a personal issue you have and you don't like me mocking people in general, then of course I'm going to defend against that because I don't think I'm doing it, it has no bearing on my alignment, and it's a personal accusation.

See this is what I'm talking about though. I'm not mocking anyone for suspecting me or questioning me nor have I done that the entire game, and it seriously bothers me that you still think that I have been when I have clarified so many times that I am not.

When I said "just sayin" that was a point I was making because I felt that MP was trying to blame me entirely for misunderstanding me when I don't see why anyone has to be blamed for that. It wasn't mockery and it wasn't trying to put the blame on him. I clarified and explained this, to you.

When I put words in quotes (you're referring to "explosive" I take it) that wasn't mocking MP, that was me expressing that I (still) disagree with the idea that using the word "alarming" can be considered explosive language on its own. Just because I expressed that opinion humorously doesn't mean that I was mocking MP. Again, I clarified and explained this, to you.

Yet you still say that it's mockery here, when it's not. You still say that it's a comment about the person I'm responding to rather than a point that they made, when it's not. You still say that it's because they suspect me or question me, when it's not. And I find that infuriating because I'm not sure (just as with the previous game) if you're ignoring me clarify things to you over and over and over and over again deliberately, or if I'm just not conveying them to you properly enough. In the last game you never acknowledged that I suspected you for reasons beside what I thought was a slip from Scotty even though I made it clear to you a gajillion times. You would even quote me directly, address the part regarding the slip, and snip out the part of each and every damn quote where I expressed suspicion of you for things beside the slip. I would make a large post with lots of points and you would only respond to a single point, about what? The slip, of course. And you kept doing this every time you would respond over and over again and it was driving me nuts. Now you're doing it again only instead of it being about me accusing you of things, you're doing it about me mocking people, which I take much greater offense to so I'm even more infuriated by it.

I am sorry you see it this way;I am only being honest. I have been told I am over sensitive. But I am totally a tone player and I read people based on emotion. And this is how I am reading you,and it comes across as snarky. And snark, o me , comes across as negative. I am not trying to offend you or anything of that nature. But to em mocking people tends to be a baddie tactic to marginalize peoples opinions. So more than one instance of snark or mocking reads as that to me. I just read it negatively.

See based on this response here I don't see how you could have read any of all that shit I took the time to type out and that's so infuriating. Here's my issues with this part of your response and it's why I flipped out:

What do you mean "see it this way?" What am I seeing and in what way am I seeing it?

I believe that you're being honest, which makes it all the more frustrating that we're communicating so, so poorly. If I felt you were lying or being deceitful with your responses then I wouldn't have become an emotional wreck at all. It's because I feel that you're genuine yet you're still accidentally misrepresenting SO DAMN MUCH in both this game in the last (and my alignment in the last game is irrelevant and if you read the part you're responding to here you should see why, I just don't get it) that I am so stressed out. I don't even stress at people not reading my posts anymore but when you read my posts and respond to a post I didn't make, a post that doesn't exist, that's when I get stressed. Especially when I put so much effort and time into trying to work with you so that you won't do that. So I get stressed because since other people have been misunderstanding me as well and MP has observed that me being misunderstood is a regular thing here, I'm left to conclude that I'm just fucking incapable of conveying to you what I'm trying to say. That's why I'm off the rails.

I don't think you're over-sensitive. Not only did I not say that you were, I outright said that I don't think you tone-reading people was a fault even when you were saying that yourself. This is what I'm talking about when I say that it feels like you're responding to an imaginary post, because the points you're making here aren't just irrelevant to what I'm saying, they're points that I disagree with in your own favor.

I am also a tone player and read primarily based off emotion. Most of my back-and-forths aren't to express pings but to fish for more content that I can tone read. I have no issue with you doing this, I cannot say this enough times apparently. My issue is with not being able to understand what you're saying and with you not being able to understand what I'm saying. And I think it's my fault and have said so multiple times but you're still acting like I think that it's yours. Please please please stop thinking that for the love of fuck.

I understand your thought process of snark coming across as negative and I tend to agree with you. It's not a default ping for me like it seems to be for you but that's fine. My issue, again, for who knows how many times now, is that I don't know what you're saying. Here you clearly say that mockery tends to be a baddie tactic indicating that you suspect me for what you believe to be mockery on my part, but earlier in the same post you say that you're not saying it's alignment-indicative. So I can't read your posts because I'll read something and come to a conclusion about what you mean and then read something else in the same post and I'll come to a conclusion that directly contradicts the conclusion I came to before. This is why I keep nagging at you and keep asking you questions that you keep not answering. I mean there is so much that I brought up here that you didn't respond to or even acknowledge at all. Rather than make this post even longer and repeat myself yet again, I'm just going to change the font of everything you haven't seemed to acknowledged to me in white.

See how much of it that is? It isn't anything you've said that's drove me insane, it's what you haven't said. The way you've been acting in this game, again, just like the last, that I'm not working with you when to me it feels like you're refusing to work with me by at least acknowledging the existence of so, fucking, much, of what I have taken the time to say to you.

Again, it's a failing of mine.

No, it's not. Fuck.

I don't think it's in any way wrong to not feel warm and fuzzy if you feel someone is mocking people, but I'm not doing that. But rather than listen to me when I say that I'm not doing that you still say that I am doing that and that you're just not reacting to it well. This is the kind of thing that keeps happening with us and it makes me go apeshit because it just seems so unnecessary and easily avoidable yet it keeps fucking happening and I don't know what I can do to help it. It's the most frustrating thing ever and I'm sorry but I don't know what to do better.
I know you disagree with me, but I do think you ARE doing this. And it is a failing that have that I tend to conflate snark with bad. I know that *I* am more snark when I am bad, and so are most other people. From years of observation. In real life and in online games. So again, since this is my fail, I am asking you to please stop doing it.
Since we disagree and I gave you extensive explanation as to why from my point of view - the point of view of the person that said what they said, rather than the person that read what they said - wasn't intended as mockery to me. You've completely ignored all of that explanation to simply say that you think I am doing this. Okay, fine. Why? It just feels like I'm talking to a brick wall when I try to repeat myself in so many ways and you still just casually disagree as if everything I've gone to the trouble of clarifying means fuck-all to you. No, it's worse than that. Here's what it feels like to me.

It feels like you make a post saying something vaguely negative about me. Could be alignment-indicative, could be personal, I don't know, there's evidence for both and there's evidence against both as well so I just don't fucking know.

Then I respond to you asking you what exactly you meant while also trying to convey to you as clearly as I can what my point of view is on whatever it is that I think you're talking about, as well as go into detail about the issues I've been having with communicating with you in the hopes that you'll acknowledge them and we can look forward to it not happening again, at least not as often as it's been happening recently.

Then once I've posted my response, you write the response that you think I would've made to your initial post for me and ignore the one that I've actually given you. You then go on to respond to that make-believe response of mine instead of my real response while quoting me so it looks like otherwise.

Now let me make as clear as I can even though I've already said it so many times: I don't think you're doing this. I don't think you're deliberately ignoring me or misreading me or misrepresenting me or whatever. Deliberately. But we're communicating so horribly with each other that even though I think you're trying to put in an honest effort to work with me, it feels to me like you're doing what I've just described even though I know that isn't the case. I don't even know what to ask of you because I think that you're already doing the best you can to respond to me and I've been consistently trying as hard as I can for both this game and the last to work with you and it hasn't worked. I just don't know what to do and I can't stand it, because this problem negatively effects my enjoyment of the game so much (and yours as well I imagine considering how you were in the last game) and yet it seems so easily avoidable on the surface. There's nothing I hate more than what seems like an easily avoidable issue that always ruins everything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I give up. Fucking hell.

Please don't give up!!! I think you have a lot to add to the game.

I really do. And I don't think SVS is out to get you. Like at all.

Please come back tomorrow and talk more about either suspicions or map locations. Either or. Really.

I've enjoyed my back and forth with you and if you are civ I don't want to loose you early because tone things got too much. :hug:
Thank you, and you don't need to worry about me giving up in the game, I was just referring to that particular conflict. But I'm not giving up on that either. And my thing is that I don't think S~V~S is out to get me either, that's kind of why I'm so frustrated. If I thought she was then this would be a lot simpler and easier to deal with for me. It's because she's not out to get me that I've been driven insane at not being able to get through to her with so much of what I've tried to say, and this is the second game in a row where that's happened. And like I said to S~V~S, multiple times, I have no problem with suspecting people based on tone.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:@Bea,no I don't think so. It's hard to articulate. I read making fun of peoples suspicions as marginaization.Which I tend to view as bad. If people feel dumb they are lesslikely to talk, Baddie 101.

But you said so recently before this that you weren't saying it was alignment-indicative. And this is fine because I'd rather you suspect me for it then think I was doing it and just having a personal issue with it, it's just that I can't follow what you're saying to save my life.

I also know that Zeebs & I, for all good intentions, tend to be a bad train wreck about each other. In a pastlife, when she was here in a different incarnation, she struck me as playing a bad game like boos. And boo was always super cuttingly witty, with only a razor line between witty civ & mocking baddie. You now what I mean. LB squared to the 100th.

Again, I'm fine with this. I don't care. I don't know how many times I can say this. My issue and why I lost my marbles last night is completely irrelevant to you suspecting me based on tone.

I am potentially reading into this, but not unlike earlier discussions, i am not sure why she is not getting what i am saying. I am being clear to the point of rude (and not trying to be hurtful, srsly). I was at the head of the "let's drop it and start over", but then I thought she was not letting go of the sarco.
I'm not letting go of it because I don't want to give up and just let the two of us never properly communicate in a mafia game when it seems like we could so easily. Again, I could care less about tone-reading me. I did not once in that huge huge post that you read and responded to indicated even remotely that that was my issue, and even went out of my way to say that I was fine with it. But still you're not hearing me at all, just in general, and that's my issue.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:Zebra you should go get drunk and seduce someone I think is hot since ya now I'm to young and innocent to do either of those things, so you should do it for me okay? :bighug:

I'm not sure we have the same type though so that might not work out quite well in the end but oh well. :shrug:

:P
Those would both be good ideas except I don't drink and I dislike sex. So in a way we're kind of in the same boat, at least until you lose your innocence. :P Thanks for the encouragement though.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote: @Zebra :hug:
This Hutt remembers. :hugs:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Don't give up. If I can still somewhat function after digging my own grave as I recently did than anyone can! :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nerolunar wrote:Time for some reads, though mostly tone reading.

Mac: My only clear civ read. Seems genuinely interested in finding the culprits.

Sig: Neutral/slight civ. I don´t like how he was blamed this early. People jumped at his throat at the slighest suspicion.

Golden and Enrique: Neutral. I'm surprised you managed to argue that much about something that doesn´t really matter right now, but Im still happy you had that discussion now rather than later on in the game where time is valuable.

Zebra: A frustrated civvy. People tunneled on her waaay too much.

MovingPictures: Neutral/sligtly scum. Rubs me the wrong way how he went for Zebra. Doesn´t seem to me like there was much to deduce from her choice of poll option, yet he kinda pushed her for it. Seems really forced.

Bass: Slightly scum. Weird tone + people have made valid points against him that I do somewhat agree with, but I wouldn´t call it evidence as of yet.

Bea: Neutral. I think I need to be meta if I want to read her/him at this point.

Im happy that Arkham is the most voted for poll option. The game almost urges us to go there, so Im surprised more people aren´t voting for it.
I disagree with your thoughts on MP and Bass, but other than that I agree with most of your reads here. What are your thoughts on Matt?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:A hypocritical point.

Am I the only one who finds long wall posts almost intentionally designed to not be read? I have copped stick for posting a few replies in a row before but I would be much more willing to read that than one quote mountain post.
Was this directed at me? I'm thinking it was because between this post and your last post, I had the longest post.

What is hypocritical about it??

Also, it may be a "long post", but it doesn't take all that long to read. For real. That being said, do you have anything to say about the content of my post or just how long it was?
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

I think I am going to take a 24 hour break from the thread, and come back with my memory of the past 100% erased. Hasta la vista thread, bbl :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:As for how many time you have to say the same thing over and over, my count is currently at 5. I would go on, but I think there's still about 30/35 posts of yours to sift through, and I think we get the gist. You've regurgitated over and over and over "I do not find the voters themselves alarming or suspicious, just the option itself."

And yet...
a2thezebra wrote:I'm against it because I don't see how going to the place where everyone has escaped from, rather than any other place where we have a chance at finding out where they have escaped to, would be beneficial for the civs. I'm also against it because I find it shady how more popular it is than all of the other options. As to why it got so drawn out, your guess is as good as mine.
So wait. Over five times (before I stopped counting), you said that you didn't find any of the voters suspicious, even me. How can you reconcile that with saying that it is SHADY how Arkham is more popular then the other options? What makes an option popular anyway? The voters. So if you believe the popularity is shady, you believe those who make it popular to be shady.

On another note, I think SVS nailed it. You were literally alarmed over nothing. Or so you claimed. Until you slipped and just admitted you found the popularity of Arkham to be "shady", i.e. dishonest, suspicious, etc.

Btw, it's a little irritating for you to claim that my suss of you isn't "genuine". Regardless of alignment, I'd be looking for baddies either which way. Case in point, in GoC, until the Noses all died, I GENUINELY believed Marmot to be on the other team. There is zero reason for me to not be genuine. What are you even talking about?

Anyway, I think you're bad. Don't know if you're mafia or indie, but I think you were trying to plant suspicion on the Arkham voters, and then backtracked when I called you out on it. You saying over and over "I didn't find anyone suspicious, though, not even Matt for his vote" does NOT gel with you saying "The popularity of that option is SHADY".

Btw, Golden, are you aware that Wayne Manor gets a 12% increase for every dead inmate? You keep saying that no civs "necessarily" need them dead. That's not true.
I've been repeating myself over and over and regurgitating the same statements over and over because it takes a while before some of the other players understand what I mean. Ironically, despite me repeating myself so many times and you reading me repeat myself so many times and you taking the effort to quote me as I repeat myself so many times, you still choose to not understand what I'm saying and completely misrepresent me so you can justify an increasingly more desperate suspicion of me. You realize that the more people listen to me and work with me as Nerolunar did, as MP did, and as S~V~S did, the less believable your arguments against me seem and the less genuine your suspicion of me comes across as.

Like, the imaginary contradiction you're pointing out here is so obviously not a contradiction when you actually decide to read it that I don't even know how to respond to it. I mean you're seriously telling me that me thinking the popularity of the option is shady, and me not finding any particular one of the people who voted for it suspicious, is a contradiction? Well here's your million-dollar question:

How?

It's difficult to argue against a point that isn't genuine to begin with, but I'll try. At least you attempted some reasoning...because the voters are what make an option popular, and I find the popularity of the option alarming, I must therefore find the voters suspicious as well. I mean, you tried. Not a bad effort for someone that doesn't believe a word that they're saying. But it still doesn't cut it because your argument is based entirely on the assumption that I - as well as everyone else - know you so little that we're all going to buy the premise that a civilian Matt has never heard of the word "particular" or at the very least doesn't understand its definition. Moving on.

Current S~V~S disagrees that I was alarmed at nothing and now (maybe? I honestly don't know) suspects me based on tone because she understands what I meant, just like how you've understood what I meant from the beginning. Also, I slipped? I'd love to hear where I slipped. Especially since an accusation that serious was followed up with no evidence to support it and not even any mention of it again. Classy.

Just because there's multiple anti-town factions doesn't mean you're going to be genuine all of the time. Hell, you prove yourself wrong in the very same paragraph, asking at the end "what are you even talking about?" when you know exactly what I'm talking about and took the time to respond directly to what I'm talking about by attempting to defend yourself. If you didn't know what I was talking about, why bother defending myself? It's like you're giving my arguments against you just enough credit for you to put up a defense and little enough credit that you can act like you think they don't make sense. As if I would know the motivations of your disingenuous behavior. Maybe you just need someone to suspect. Maybe you think I would make an easy lynch/mislynch for Day 1. Maybe you're not doing anything more than trying to blend in by reading me as bad. I don't know, I don't care. I think you're disingenuous for reasons I outlined in a pretty heavy post against you that analyzed our initial back-and-forth, a post that you've yet to acknowledge because how fucking convenient.

Explain to me how I backtracked. I can understand you thinking that I was trying to set up future suspicions but where on earth are you getting the idea that I was inconsistent, let alone because of you? How do the two quotes from me that you say don't gel, don't gel? They seem to gel to me, and I'm not the only one. You do realize that you can't just throw out accusations without explaining how they make any sense at all and expect people to just follow your lead, right? Nice misquote of Golden by the way. He said that the civs don't necessarily need all of the inmates dead, which is true. They do need some dead, and he didn't say that they didn't. I am glad that I'm not the only one you're blatantly, shamelessly misrepresenting though. ;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I think I am going to take a 24 hour break from the thread, and come back with my memory of the past 100% erased. Hasta la vista thread, bbl :)
This is what I did yesterday (unintentionally), and now I don't have a clue what is going on. :huh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:A hypocritical point.

Was this directed at me? I'm thinking it was because between this post and your last post, I had the longest post.

What is hypocritical about it??

Also, it may be a "long post", but it doesn't take all that long to read. For real. That being said, do you have anything to say about the content of my post or just how long it was?
I'm pretty sure Mac was referring to himself since he often makes lengthy posts himself. Hence, a hypocritical point.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:I think I am going to take a 24 hour break from the thread, and come back with my memory of the past 100% erased. Hasta la vista thread, bbl :)
I'm obviously responsible for this as well as you almost not signing up for this game in the first place so I can't tell you how sorry I am. I don't know why we're such a train wreck all the time. :(
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
This is what I did yesterday (unintentionally), and now I don't have a clue what is going on. :huh:
In a sense I need to catch up as well because I've been missing out on the conflicts I haven't been directly involved in.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
I'm obviously responsible for this as well as you almost not signing up for this game in the first place so I can't tell you how sorry I am. I don't know why we're such a train wreck all the time. :(
Zebra, what's going on? Give me the details. Give me the juicy goose.

Are you a member of mafia?

Linki: Well shit. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I am not a member of mafia, that is the juiciest goose I can offer. Are you a member of mafia?
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

I dont really have a read on Matt currently. He did look a little agressive earlier but I don´t think of it in a scummy way.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zebra, stop calling my susses desperate and stop saying I'm not genuine.

Oh, "you tried". Seriously gtfo. Are you intentionally being as insulting as you can right now?

Anyway, yes I think you're being contradictory. Whether on purpose or not, perhaps not.

Again, you clearly said you think that it's SHADY how Arkham is more popular then the other options. The ONLY THING THAT CAN MEAN IS THAT YOU FIND THE VOTERS OF SAID OPTION "SHADY" AS WELL.

If that's not what you mean, then phrase it fucking differently next time.

Btw, I typically enjoy playing with you Zeebs but I am not enjoying being constantly insulted every time I read a post of yours directed at me in this game.

Anyway, I'm putting a stop to this. If you wanna vote for me, go for it, but I think I'll be ignoring you for the rest of the game. Peace
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I am not a member of mafia, that is the juiciest goose I can offer. Are you a member of mafia?
No, I am not a member of mafia. :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hrm. I wanted to ignore Zebra, but before I do, thank you for clarifying what Mac probably meant.

Anyway, wow, I sound like a baby. Sorry, but it is really annoying for you to continually call my suss of you desperate or not genuine. Saying it once or twice because you're frustrated with me, fine. But every time you post that's what you say.

Know this. You are wrong. My suss of you is very genuine.

Also, I'm not trying to NOT understand you like you claim. OTHERS in the thread have pointed out how you can be confusing, so if I'm not getting it, that's on you IMO.

Again, it's not fair of me to say I'll ignore you rest of game, that's pretty fucked up actually, but SERIOUSLY, stop saying I'm desperate or "not genuine". That's simply not fucking true.

As it is...

I still think you're bad, but your back and forths with SVS lead me to believe you're really upset, but still, that can be true of any alignment you have.

Zebra - Besides me...is there anyone in the game you find suspicious right now?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Zebra, stop calling my susses desperate and stop saying I'm not genuine.

I won't, because that's what I think.

Oh, "you tried". Seriously gtfo. Are you intentionally being as insulting as you can right now?

No. I'm operating under the premise that your case against me is disingenuous, because it seems pretty obviously disingenuous to me. If you're civilian and/or your case against me is in fact genuine then this shouldn't bother you, because it just means that I'm wrong and that I'm going to look like an idiot when proven wrong.

Anyway, yes I think you're being contradictory. Whether on purpose or not, perhaps not.

Again, you clearly said you think that it's SHADY how Arkham is more popular then the other options. The ONLY THING THAT CAN MEAN IS THAT YOU FIND THE VOTERS OF SAID OPTION "SHADY" AS WELL.

Did you read any of what I said? I've lost count of how many times you've given a very narrow set of options that don't include the possibility that happens to be the truth, and if you want me to stop thinking that your suspicion of me is disingenuous, stop giving me these unrealistic options that aren't compatible with the truth.

If that's not what you mean, then phrase it fucking differently next time.

That is what I mean. You're (in my opinion deliberately, sorry if you don't like that opinion but you're not doing a good job of changing it) not understanding the implications of it. I do think the popularity of the Arkham Asylum is both shady and alarming, and none of the voters in particular seem shady to me. I asked you how you were getting a contradiction from that, and you haven't even tried to give me one.

Btw, I typically enjoy playing with you Zeebs but I am not enjoying being constantly insulted every time I read a post of yours directed at me in this game.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted because that is not my intent and you know me well enough to know that it isn't. I just feel that if you were civilian you would be putting more of an effort to see my side of things rather than repeatedly pigeonhole me into a category that is convenient for you. I'm going after you hard because I do think that's what you're doing and you've yet to show me any statements or general behavior that suggests to me that I'm wrong about this.

Anyway, I'm putting a stop to this. If you wanna vote for me, go for it, but I think I'll be ignoring you for the rest of the game. Peace
You are the only person I currently strongly suspect, but it's not even Day 1 yet and I don't think it's fair for you to say that you're going to ignore me for the rest of the game because you read my defense as too insulting for you to work with, before even giving me the time to respond and clarify that I didn't mean for any of it to be taken that way.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

What "shady" means...

Google says "of doubtful honesty or legality"

Urban dictionary says "shifty, sly, suspicious"

How is the popularity of Arkham "shady" if you don't suspect any one who's voted for it?

I'm sorry, I simply do not understand. It's not intentional. I simply don't.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:What "shady" means...

Google says "of doubtful honesty or legality"

Urban dictionary says "shifty, sly, suspicious"

How is the popularity of Arkham "shady" if you don't suspect any one who's voted for it?

I'm sorry, I simply do not understand. It's not intentional. I simply don't.
Can someone else speak up on this before Zebra and I make 100 posts each going at each other?

Does anyone else understand? Am I legit just being stupid right now?
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt seems genuinely upset, which isn't something I've seen from him in the short time we've played together. It's weird how he's handling this.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

If Zebra wanted to call the Arkham voters suspicious, don't you think she would have done so? I don't get how she's suspicious in your eyes for not following up on that. If anything it makes me think her thought process is genuine because she's not trying to cook up bullsuit suspicions.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Matt, it's simple. When an option gains popularity on the poll, and most votes are quick throwaway for no particular reason and sometimes by players that have gone mostly unaccounted for, that's considered shady. It's a huge stretch to go from there and start singling out individuals as being suspicious, especially when the game just started. There's simply nothing else to work with, but the poll results are still interesting.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Hrm. I wanted to ignore Zebra, but before I do, thank you for clarifying what Mac probably meant.

Anyway, wow, I sound like a baby. Sorry, but it is really annoying for you to continually call my suss of you desperate or not genuine. Saying it once or twice because you're frustrated with me, fine. But every time you post that's what you say.

If you think you sound like a baby you need to catch up and see how pathetic I sounded with S~V~S earlier. You're fine. I understand it's annoying for me to call you that, but I call things as I see them, and I've said it every time I've posted about you because each time you respond to our mutual suspicion of each other you come across to me as just that. Perhaps I should expand my vocabulary to say it different ways, but I have to be honest if I want to make any progress with my reads of others as well as with their reads of me. If I'm wrong, which I often am, then that's on me.

Know this. You are wrong. My suss of you is very genuine.

But you understand that I can't "know this" just because you say it. Just like you can't know that I'm good just because I say that I am. If I seem bad to you then you can say I'm bad all I want and I won't be annoyed, and if you seem disingenuous to me then I can say you're disingenuous all I want and I don't think you should feel insulted, though since it's me we're talking about annoyed is more than understandable. :P

Also, I'm not trying to NOT understand you like you claim. OTHERS in the thread have pointed out how you can be confusing, so if I'm not getting it, that's on you IMO.

It's not about understanding me or not understanding me. It took extensive conversation with MP and S~V~S (as well as Juliets as she was catching up) before they understood me, and it took Nerolunar one response to understand me and Golden understood me from the get-go. So whether or not someone understands me - and I have already stated this multiple times to multiple people - as well as how long it takes for them to understand me is completely irrelevant to whether or not I think they're deliberately trying to not understand me. The reason I think you're doing it deliberately is because of the things you have said. This includes how quick you have been to assume things about my motivations for no reason, how you keep giving me unrealistic and false options to explain things that I have already explained, how you continue to twist my words to justify your opinion, and so on and so on. No one else I have talked to about what I said regarding Arkham Asylum has exhibited any of those behaviors to anywhere near the extent that you have on a consistent basis with each and every one of your responses. It may be on me if you're not getting it, but it's unquestionably on you for me thinking you're not genuine with how you've been dealing with this lack of understanding.

Again, it's not fair of me to say I'll ignore you rest of game, that's pretty fucked up actually, but SERIOUSLY, stop saying I'm desperate or "not genuine". That's simply not fucking true.

This is just an unrealistic thing to ask and I can't make false promises. How would you like it if I told you to stop saying I'm bad just because it's "not fucking true" even though I haven't convinced you that that's the case? If you haven't convinced me, I'm going to keep being honest about what I think, and I'm sorry if you don't like that but that's literally the nature of the game.

As it is...

I still think you're bad, but your back and forths with SVS lead me to believe you're really upset, but still, that can be true of any alignment you have.

Absolutely.

Zebra - Besides me...is there anyone in the game you find suspicious right now?
Like I said to MM, I haven't been following everything else that's been going on outside of my bubble because of how much I've had to dedicate to the people within that bubble. But out of MP, S~V~S, yourself, Nerolunar, and Golden, you're still the only one I have an actual concrete read on. I will say though that I would be surprised if it stays that way once I'm completely caught up. Cheers.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:Matt, it's simple. When an option gains popularity on the poll, and most votes are quick throwaway for no particular reason and sometimes by players that have gone mostly unaccounted for, that's considered shady. It's a huge stretch to go from there and start singling out individuals as being suspicious, especially when the game just started. There's simply nothing else to work with, but the poll results are still interesting.
This, there's nothing more to it. Thank you Enrique.

Matt this is why I (somewhat insultingly and I apologize for that) made fun of you for possibly not knowing about the word "particular" because that word really is the distance between how you're perceiving everything and how me and everyone else that understands what I meant perceives it. I can suspect the popularity of a vote without finding any one in particular that contributed to that vote suspicious. It is really that simple.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:If Zebra wanted to call the Arkham voters suspicious, don't you think she would have done so? I don't get how she's suspicious in your eyes for not following up on that. If anything it makes me think her thought process is genuine because she's not trying to cook up bullsuit suspicions.
Which is why Matt's thought process regarding his suspicion of me doesn't seem genuine to me. I just don't see where the logic is. If I just disagreed with it then it would be different, but it's more than that, it just feels contrived.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:Matt, it's simple. When an option gains popularity on the poll, and most votes are quick throwaway for no particular reason and sometimes by players that have gone mostly unaccounted for, that's considered shady. It's a huge stretch to go from there and start singling out individuals as being suspicious, especially when the game just started. There's simply nothing else to work with, but the poll results are still interesting.
Again, this feels like a contradiction.

Per the underline, what exactly is considered shady? If Zebra isn't calling the voters shady, then she's just calling...the votes...shady? I'm having a real hard time grasping what you all seem to easily be getting.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”