Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Bullzeye »

a2thezebra wrote:This is what happens when you try to reason with Matt. Those who still haven't faced such peril be warned...
Matt is the opposite of reason. Always has been.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

a2thezebra wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Im becoming more and more tempted to vote for Matt.
Because of his desperation to suspect you?
Partly. Enrique made a great case on him. I know for a fact that Im not the Joker, so Matt obviously targeted the real Joker but is trying to frame me, I think.

Linki I still don´t get why Im your top suspect? :omg:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Okay guys here's what's going on. Matt came into today suspecting Nero regardless of whatever happened to Matt last night. Enrique comes into today thinking Matt targeted the Joker and asks Matt who he wants to lynch. Matt says Nero. Then Matt realizes the Joker angle having not considered it earlier. This late realization sort of debunks the idea that Matt thinks Nero is the Joker but Matt expects Enrique to still consider that angle. Through all this Enrique and Matt come to suspect the other is Nero's teammate and now we have a clusterfuck on our hands.

If you ask me it's all the result of miscommunication.
Knock knock

Who's there?

Turnip

Turnip who?

Turnip, thank you for that, and yes, since Enrique is keen on lynching me based on his Joker idea, then it makes NO SENSE that he shows no interest in lynching my top suspect, but anyway, break time.
You've denied thinking Nero is the Joker so it's hard to fault Enrique for not thinking he's the Joker but I take your point. Enrique if you think Matt targeted the Joker who do you think the Joker is?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Nero why would Matt be trying to frame you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

It could be Nero, or Matt could just be bullshitting as with literally every other thing he has said.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nerolunar wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Partly. Enrique made a great case on him. I know for a fact that Im not the Joker, so Matt obviously targeted the real Joker but is trying to frame me, I think.

Linki I still don´t get why Im your top suspect? :omg:
I second juliets' question, what motivation does Matt have to frame you instead of going after the real Joker?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This is what happens when you try to reason with Matt. Those who still haven't faced such peril be warned...
Matt is the opposite of reason. Always has been.
:haha:
Nerolunar wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I admire the effort Enrique put into his case but it's too dependent on roles for its own merit to be convincing, and I try to avoid suspecting people based on that kind of process-of-elimination reasoning. Not because it's bad but just because there's always something in the setup that isn't being considered, perhaps because it's among the secrets.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I just posited like five different scenarios where Matt is on a team, sometimes even with the Joker.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Right, and that reasoning is based on setup speculation rather than pings. If I think someone is genuine then I'm not going to suspect them, and sadly I think Matt is genuine.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

juliets wrote:Nero why would Matt be trying to frame you?
I imagine it might be because Im somewhat of an easy target, being new and all that. Can´t know for sure though, his accusations just seem so desperate.

Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.

Linki I see your point Zebra. However its still among one of the more solid cases I have seen today. I don´t think he is entirely genuine.

Its pretty good that we have lots of time to figure this out.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: Thank you, that's an interesting selection of potential votes for the day. Is there anyone in that list that's especially likely to get your vote?
Right now it's Bea, BR or Nero, though I want to look at Glorfy to see what the hub bub is about re: the difference between his civ and baddie games.
I'm not sure about bea or BR but I would oppose a Nero or Glorfy lynch. I don't share anyone's suspicions of either of them.
If you could elaborate re: Nero that would help.
ekeknat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ekeknat »

i haven't been involved much to this point - as Bullzeye excellently put it,
Bullzeye wrote: I'm having a hard time keeping up with who thinks what in this crazy clusterfuck.
sorry if this makes me hard to read - there just isn't much i can even say

this seems easy enough to follow, though. it seems like matt threw nero's name out there not actually believing he (or she) was the joker - but if he did visit someone who made him speak in knock knock jokes, maybe he should, like, let us know who that person was? sorry if i'm missing something real obvious - enrique's case makes an amount of sense that has been unusual for me to grasp thus far in this game
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nerolunar wrote:
I imagine it might be because Im somewhat of an easy target, being new and all that. Can´t know for sure though, his accusations just seem so desperate.

Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.
In all honesty I don't see Matt going after you for the Joker angle, but if he WAS doing that as you claim, he'd have to be pretty foolish to attempt a frame job. If he called you the Joker and we lynched you and he was wrong he'd be dead before his Burger King arrived.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Nerolunar wrote:

Nah, he's not that much of an asshole :P
Nerolunar wrote:Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.
I did have a similar thought to this, that if he's bad and thinks he's going down today then why would he help the civs get rid of an indy when instead he could set someone up, cause tons of confusion, and have his teammates kill the actual Joker whenever they like. That does sound like a thing Matt would do.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Linki He might be mafia and have no interest in going for the Joker, outside of the fact that the Joker needs the mafia dead.
I did have a similar thought to this, that if he's bad and thinks he's going down today then why would he help the civs get rid of an indy when instead he could set someone up, cause tons of confusion, and have his teammates kill the actual Joker whenever they like. That does sound like a thing Matt would do.
EBWOP
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I wish he would explain why I am his top baddie read.
ImageImage

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: Thank you, that's an interesting selection of potential votes for the day. Is there anyone in that list that's especially likely to get your vote?
Right now it's Bea, BR or Nero, though I want to look at Glorfy to see what the hub bub is about re: the difference between his civ and baddie games.
I'm not sure about bea or BR but I would oppose a Nero or Glorfy lynch. I don't share anyone's suspicions of either of them.
If you could elaborate re: Nero that would help.
Perhaps you could call it WIFOM but I just don't see how he would be playing like this as a baddie fairly new to the game. And even if he's not new, he's simply yet to ping me. I've disagreed with a lot of what he's said but he's yet to come across to me as opportunistic or manipulative.

Compare to sig...
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Why not ask me to elaborate on Glorfy as well, TH? :ponder:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

ekeknat wrote:i haven't been involved much to this point - as Bullzeye excellently put it,
Bullzeye wrote: I'm having a hard time keeping up with who thinks what in this crazy clusterfuck.
sorry if this makes me hard to read - there just isn't much i can even say

this seems easy enough to follow, though. it seems like matt threw nero's name out there not actually believing he (or she) was the joker - but if he did visit someone who made him speak in knock knock jokes, maybe he should, like, let us know who that person was? sorry if i'm missing something real obvious - enrique's case makes an amount of sense that has been unusual for me to grasp thus far in this game
Knock knock.

Who's there?

ekeknat

ekeknat who?

ekeknat, I think many players in this game can attest to the fact that, even though I should up my game and I'll think about it, if I thought I knew who the Joker was, I would gun for that motherfucker until I was dead, throwing out Dom's "let's be subtle if you get a rolecheck" rulebook, no joke.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:Why not ask me to elaborate on Glorfy as well, TH? :ponder:
I wasn't really focused on him atm. I plan on looking into that one myself, he has a few games of meta to look into. If you want to elaborate you can.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
EBWOP[/quote]

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Why

Why who?

Why wouldn't me and my supposed team just try to get the Joker lynched, wtf are you even talking about Bullz? :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Glorfindel is definitely looking like his civ self to me from what little I've played with him. His baddie self is practically ashamed to be deceitful, and I don't see how that shame could be reconciled with everything he's contributed so far. Either that or he's become an expert baddie out of nowhere and in no time at all.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Bullz made it clear how that gambit would work Matt.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Why

Why who?

Why wouldn't me and my supposed team just try to get the Joker lynched, wtf are you even talking about Bullz? :disappoint:
Because sometimes you do weird, stupid shit for no obvious reason. I'm not saying it's happening, just that it crossed my mind and didn't seem too unreasonable.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:Okay I spent the last phase talking about it the only reason for why you are regurgitating something that is for all purposes over is to try and get me lynched. My arguments was it would be more beneficial for the civs then hurtful. Mafia would be sharing info amongst themselves anyway. We discussed it in depth last phase and I ceded that I was in the wrong and stopped pushing for it.
Your arguments were that it would be more beneficial for the Town than hurtful DESPITE Rule 14 saying the opposite. You LED the case for divulging that information by your own admission. I accept that you now admit that you were wrong in doing so but only in the face of sufficient support for your cause. I personally find this very suspicious behaviour.

No, I did not lie earlier when I remarked that my initial post was aimed at you but as you subsequently pointed out, you led the discussion which points to the possibility of you having some deliberate motivation for having done so. I'm still trying to find some time to review that discussion and may have some questions for others that were involved in it later. And for what it's worth, I'm NOT trying to get you lynched at all - I'm just trying to fathom your behaviour and your earlier defensiveness at the questions that I posed to you.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:I think Bullz made it clear how that gambit would work Matt.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Blah

Blah who?

Blah, I personally believe my theoretical team and I would try to get him lynched for cred, not necessarily civ cred I guess, but some kind of "look at us we got 'em so trust us maybe" cred, derp.

Linki

Knock knock Bullz

Who's there?

Lulz

Lulz who?

Lulz, yeah you got me there Bullz, I do, but not this time, I have no effing clue who the Joker is, but I do think Nero is a baddie. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:Oh I also read over Glorfindel's Star Wars and Pikimon game, he defiantly isn't playing the same as in Pikimon, but not as obviously strange as in Star Wars. You claimed you weren't mafia okay maybe that is true. So tell me which Inmate are you Glorfidnel?

linki: okay thanks for answering.
I am not an inmate Sig.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Glorfindel while you're here if you could explain the obvious differences began your civ and baddie metas I'd appreciate it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt, if you don't think he's the Joker what reason do you have for thinking Nero is a baddie?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:Matt, if you don't think he's the Joker what reason do you have for thinking Nero is a baddie?
Knock knock.

Who's there?

I

I who?

I first felt Nero was bad a few days ago when me and Zeebs started our thing, but slight ping nothing more, then he kept bringing up the Riddler and peeps love to talk about their own roles, but THEN, when Enrique started on this Joker madness, but wanted NOTHING to do with lynching my prime suspect, that's when I started to think Nero was on a team with Enrique, especially when Enrique was all "IF Matt is bad, then we'll look at Nero next" I mean wtf
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks for responding Matt.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Why would anyone try to engage discussion on what their role does? Almost nobody joined me, but I can´t see how that would have benefitted me at all if I was the Riddler, maybe except the possibility that you guys would have thought that I was not the Riddler.

I think it is a vague read for "Top priority lynch".
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Im going to bed guys. See ya´ll tomorrow.
ImageImage

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nerolunar wrote:Why would anyone try to engage discussion on what their role does? Almost nobody joined me, but I can´t see how that would have benefitted me at all if I was the Riddler, maybe except the possibility that you guys would have thought that I was not the Riddler.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Well

Well who?

Well, I don't even believe you to be the Riddler anymore based on Enrique's insane magical case where I am "bad because I targeted the Joker but you're not worth looking at despite saying I think we should lynch you", I believe you to be mafia, on Enrique's team.
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Matt wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Why would anyone try to engage discussion on what their role does? Almost nobody joined me, but I can´t see how that would have benefitted me at all if I was the Riddler, maybe except the possibility that you guys would have thought that I was not the Riddler.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Well

Well who?

Well, I don't even believe you to be the Riddler anymore based on Enrique's insane magical case where I am "bad because I targeted the Joker but you're not worth looking at despite saying I think we should lynch you", I believe you to be mafia, on Enrique's team.
Enrique did say it's possible Nero is the Joker. And if you were lynched and came back as a role with a night targeting ability, that would certainly lend credence to the Nero-as-Joker theory.

I do think the numbers heavily suggest that Matt is not a civ, especially since nobody seems to be silenced, meaning Montoya is an unlikely explanation.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DFaraday wrote:
Matt wrote:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Well

Well who?

Enrique did say it's possible Nero is the Joker. And if you were lynched and came back as a role with a night targeting ability, that would certainly lend credence to the Nero-as-Joker theory.

I do think the numbers heavily suggest that Matt is not a civ, especially since nobody seems to be silenced, meaning Montoya is an unlikely explanation.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

I

I who?

I never claimed Montoya, that was NERO who brought that up, and if you've been paying attention, you'll see that I never even thought it possible that Joker cursed me, that was ENRIQUE's shady idea, and again, if I thought I knew who the Joker was, I would be going at that person's throat, NOT claiming that Nero and Enrique are partners, omg this is so bogus
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Unbelievable

Unbelievable who?

Unbelievable whoever thinks I'm bad because Enrique's (quite faulty) theory on why I'm telling knock knock jokes, and then Nero's equally faulty defense of that, NEITHER of those things I had anything to do with, this is preposterous.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Knock knock.

Who's there?

Unbelievable

Unbelievable who?

Unbelievable whoever thinks I'm bad because Enrique's (quite faulty) theory on why I'm telling knock knock jokes, and then Nero's equally faulty defense of that, NEITHER of those things I had anything to do with, this is preposterous.
If you weren't cursed by the Joker, what do you think happened?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:

Who's there?

Unbelievable

Unbelievable who?

If you weren't cursed by the Joker, what do you think happened?
Knock knock.

Who's there?

I

I who?

I dunno dude, maybe I just like telling knock knock jokes :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think lynching Matt today would be a mistake. I didn't finish reading Enrique's case yet but I already found a few faulty conclusions in it (like Bullock could have tracked someone last night and still targeted the Joker, or Matt's condition has nothing to do with the Joker at all - could have been the Riddler).
ekeknat
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ekeknat »

Who's there?

Unbelievable

Unbelievable who?

Yeah, I definitely don't put much stock into that theory. It's probably more likely (imo) you got visited by the riddler, whose role we also don't know anything about
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

@DF are you positive no one is silenced?

And i do agree with TH, something hasn't been sitting right with Enrique, for me personally, but I need to look at it once I get home.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote:@DF are you positive no one is silenced?

And i do agree with TH, something hasn't been sitting right with Enrique, for me personally, but I need to look at it once I get home.
I might disagree with Enrique but I don't suspect him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I reckon Matt is Riddler and did not in fact target le joker. No info or confirmation on that though.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Anything in particular that makes you think Matt is the Riddler?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I... completely missed that Bullock could track.

Y'all silly tho. The Riddler. The supervillain famous for making knock knock jokes. Instead, of you know... the clown role that makes people insane?

Ekeknat didn't you just agree with it a few posts ago? But now you're not putting stock into it?

There's no ambiguity, Jesus Christ.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:I... completely missed that Bullock could track.

Y'all silly tho. The Riddler. The supervillain famous for making knock knock jokes. Instead, of you know... the clown role that makes people insane?

Ekeknat didn't you just agree with it a few posts ago? But now you're not putting stock into it?

There's no ambiguity, Jesus Christ.
Maybe the knock knock jokes are a player chosen curse.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote:
sprityo wrote:@DF are you positive no one is silenced?

I might disagree with Enrique but I don't suspect him.

I agree on you not wanting to lynch Matt, but I do suspect enrique
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:I reckon Matt is Riddler and did not in fact target le joker. No info or confirmation on that though.
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Ha

Ha who?

Haha, nice, what do you think of Enrique not wanting to suss Nero despite his case against me must mean that Nero is Joker in his eyes?
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Enrique wrote:
I have to agree. If someone's forcing players to post in jokes, there's one obvious choice of culprit. Especially when that role is the only one confirmed to have any kind of curse. Sometimes things are just that obvious.

Return to “Previous Jobs”