[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Re: [DAY 0] Bioshock Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Lizzy wrote:Say 'nay' to becoming slaves to capitalist pigs! Plus, I'm a wuss by nature. :P
Rapture isn't exactly capitalistic. It started out in that direction, but throw in tons of urban decay, whacky experiments, loss of sanity, and anarchy.

So basically, one of the best parties ever. :wine: :fiesta:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Say 'nay' to becoming slaves to capitalist pigs! Plus, I'm a wuss by nature. :P
Rapture isn't exactly capitalistic. It started out in that direction, but throw in tons of urban decay, whacky experiments, loss of sanity, and anarchy.

So basically, one of the best parties ever. :wine: :fiesta:
Oh yeah, no party is complete without a bit of urban decay! :p
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by A Person »

I agree with vomps, I don't need dentistry to keep my teeth healthy, I just need to adjust my chakra and stuff. Also I hate dentists.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LittleTiger »

I have not watched the video yet, nor listened to the diary thing... nor have I played this game . One thing I am sure of is that I hate root canals! :D The roles look super complicated and I am pretty sure I will be as lost in this game as I was the last game MP hosted :martini:
nutella wrote:

Also this forum needs a multiquote feature :|

nutelLA - to multiquote, you can go to your profile and set Posts per Page, then when you write a post, preview or full editor, you will see thread posts underneath with a "quote" button. Hit the button and each post will insert into your editor where your cursor is.
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LittleTiger »

Okay, after watching the opening sequence and listening to the audio diary, I don't think I want any plasmids, thank you!
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow! If I was excited for this game before it started, I'm, uh, even more excited now! The complicated roles seem like a lot of fun to decipher, and that intro was sweet! I'm gonna pick up the game when I get a chance!

I'm a little leery of getting a root canal at this point. Plasmids seem pretty nice (although the effects down the line seem worrisome). However, I'm confident a root canal would be bad for me, and I'm worried there may be no plasmids left, with 12 votes for that already.

Also, sorry I didn't check in sooner! I'm moving back to the US on Tuesday, so things have been a bit hectic. My participation will be very limited until Wednesday, but after that I'll be all in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

Since I just went to the dentist, I am definitely going to decline. Unlike Matahari, I do not like needles. Although, I highly doubt this root canal comes with Novocaine. :eek:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

These dentists sit one stairwell away from a crematorium and a funeral parlor. I'm passing.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

By the way, welcome to everyone new! Always exciting to have new people playing mafia that we can get addicted to this awesome gaming experience. :feb:

Linki: Lol Epignosis :haha:
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Russtifinko wrote:
Also, sorry I didn't check in sooner! I'm moving back to the US on Tuesday, so things have been a bit hectic. My participation will be very limited until Wednesday, but after that I'll be all in.
Moving sucks. I've moved four times in the past ten years. Where are you moving from and where are you moving to?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Moving sucks. I've moved four times in the past ten years. Where are you moving from and where are you moving to?
All Eloh talks about is rabbits. I told her that if we can work up a stake, we'll get us a nice place with lots of rabbits and she can feed them alfalfa from the garden.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by agleaminranks »

I'm scared shitless by dental surgery. I'll pass, thanks.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
All Eloh talks about is rabbits. I told her that if we can work up a stake, we'll get us a nice place with lots of rabbits and she can feed them alfalfa from the garden.
:shrug: over my head
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
We had a pet rabbit when I was a kid. Dumbest animal I ever met.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by A Person »

We had a pet rabbit years ago. It was black and white and named Cuddles because it would cuddle up on you all day if you let :3 My brother dropped it on its head now its dead.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You know who else had a thing for rabbits?

Sander Cohen.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Epignosis wrote:You know who else had a thing for rabbits?

Sander Cohen.
:|
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sander Cohen.
"The Wild Bunny" is seriously my favorite Audio Diary of the entire game. Lol. There are some really great audio diaries but I will never forget my thoughts when I first heard that one.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Sander Cohen.
"The Wild Bunny" is seriously my favorite Audio Diary of the entire game. Lol. There are some really great audio diaries but I will never forget my thoughts when I first heard that one.
Seriously insane audio diary! That one had me worried about the creators of the game! :haha:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
My mom tried to let our rabbits live cage free in a room. Thought it was less cruel. She didn't notice one day when the doors were open and a rabbit hopped outside right where we fed our many outdoor cats. Other rabbit chewed through a cord and eletrocuted itself. At least they went quick.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:These dentists sit one stairwell away from a crematorium and a funeral parlor. I'm passing.
Thank you, Epig, for reminding me of all of the bad things that could happen in a Rapture dentist's office :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
My mom tried to let our rabbits live cage free in a room. Thought it was less cruel. She didn't notice one day when the doors were open and a rabbit hopped outside right where we fed our many outdoor cats. Other rabbit chewed through a cord and eletrocuted itself. At least they went quick.
Our rabbit fell hopelessly in love with the cat, and when its affections were not returned, committed suicide in despair by eating poisonous berries.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ajira
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ajira »

Hello everyone! :) My first post on the syndicate as Ajira, though I have played a game here before. I'm very excited about this one, my first MP game! And the player roster looks phenomenal! :D

I tried to read through all the role descriptions earlier, trying to translate everything down to a bare bones description. Well, unless you've hours/days/weeks/years of free time, I don't recommend this exercise. I've decided to just take it easy for now, and leave the complexities for later in the game when things become (hopefully) more manageable.

I'm not taking the free plasmid -- sounds very tempting, but the possible aftereffects make me shudder.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

YAY Game!

And Imma pass on the plasmid... I don't trust socky :noble:
Epignosis wrote:Pros and cons here.

If MP follows the story (so far he is), then the Plasmid to be gained is Telekinesis. The upshot of Telekinesis, despite the description of the Plasmid, was not throwing grenades back at grenadiers, it was bringing helpful items to yourself that were out of reach.

The downside is that I recall very vividly what went on in those dentistries (there were three in one section of the Medical Pavilion, not one), and that as soon as you picked up the shotgun you were required to use it... a LOT.
boo wrote:It's a trap.
Would you kindly tell me why you think it's a trap?
I think it's been explained that there are negative side effects to using plasmids in the game, it's a socky game and there's always negatives to every positive in a socky game, and such
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

oop I didn't realize there was a second page :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:YAY Game!

If MP follows the story (so far he is), then the Plasmid to be gained is Telekinesis. The upshot of Telekinesis, despite the description of the Plasmid, was not throwing grenades back at grenadiers, it was bringing helpful items to yourself that were out of reach.

The downside is that I recall very vividly what went on in those dentistries (there were three in one section of the Medical Pavilion, not one), and that as soon as you picked up the shotgun you were required to use it... a LOT.
I think it's been explained that there are negative side effects to using plasmids in the game, it's a socky game and there's always negatives to every positive in a socky game, and such
Someone explained there are negative side effects to using plasmids in the game? I didnt' see that anywhere. And regarding what Epignosis said, it seems those of us who know nothing about the game are at a distinct disadvantage here. Socky please don't make this too game dependent - like we should know something based on the way the game works.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Those who are not the least bit familiar with Bioshock are not at all disadvantaged by such a fact. However, there are, inevitably, specific aspects of the game that are better understood with theme knowledge and perhaps therefore lead to a possibly more informed decision (or not), but rest assured I would never give a decent advantage to those who know a theme over those who do not. :)
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 20

Post by insertnamehere »

juliets wrote:

Someone explained there are negative side effects to using plasmids in the game? I didnt' see that anywhere. And regarding what Epignosis said, it seems those of us who know nothing about the game are at a distinct disadvantage here. Socky please don't make this too game dependent - like we should know something based on the way the game works.
insertnamehere wrote:In Bioshock, the plasmids were very awesome and badass, but also very addictive, and can drive you insane. They turned a significant part of the population into murderous druggies, who would do anything and kill anyone for another fix. The "Is it someone new?" woman was one of the "splicers".

Because of this, I'm wary of taking some of the plasmids this early, and it seems like a trap.

So, I'm going to pass.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

At first, I was a bit hesitant to take a free gift in a socky game. But then I read
insertnamehere wrote:In Bioshock, the plasmids were ...also very addictive, and can drive you insane. They turned a significant part of the population into murderous druggies, who would do anything and kill anyone for another fix.
and now I'm somewhat excited. Still undecided, though.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Voting for a root canal because it would be fun to do anything.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89

Post by nutella »

Ah thanks LT. Still kind of annoying, but it works ok.

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
:shrug: over my head
Of Mice and Men :D

omg dom's playing!!! dude I haven't talked to you in a while :O

I'm still slightly conflicted but leaning towards opting out of the root canal. I have to get my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks, that's enough mouth abuse. :\ I am rather concerned about possible negative effects of voting for the plasmid. And I'm even starting to wonder if a few of the super eager-for-plasmid voters might be baddies looking for a power-up.
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:At first, I was a bit hesitant to take a free gift in a socky game. But then I read
insertnamehere wrote:In Bioshock, the plasmids were ...also very addictive, and can drive you insane. They turned a significant part of the population into murderous druggies, who would do anything and kill anyone for another fix.
and now I'm somewhat excited. Still undecided, though.
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Voting for a root canal because it would be fun to do anything.

Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.

So yeah I'm gonna go ahead and vote not to take the deal.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G.O.B.
Posts in topic: 6

Post by G.O.B. »

Although I have no clue what to expect from a plasmid, I hear root canals are tons of fun. I'm in
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I've voting to skip the trip to the dentist. .

Also - you raise an interesting point LA. I think it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

also DEAREST SOCADELIC HOST: What are the win conditions for each team? I don't remember seeing them posted. If you did, just point me in the correct direction! Thanks Sock. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:
also DEAREST SOCADELIC HOST: What are the win conditions for each team? I don't remember seeing them posted. If you did, just point me in the correct direction! Thanks Sock. :)
In summary...

Andrew Ryan cannot win unless all of the ADAM Guardians, Fontaine's Crew, and any of the Morally Ambiguous Civvies that cannot win with him alive are dead. The other roles in His Army are similar. However, in the event that Andrew Ryan dies, all of the members of His Army become rogue independents that win only as last man standing roles (each on their own). Additionally, if/once Sander Cohen and His Dancers become a baddie team instead of independent (in the event that Cohen feels he is being "doubted"), then Andrew Ryan's Army cannot win with them alive either.

The Other Morally Ambiguous Civvies cannot win unless all of the ADAM Guardians and Fontaine's Crew are dead. However, there are certain roles that cannot win with Andrew Ryan alive as well. Same as above with (1) if Ryan dies regarding Ryan's Army (if they become rogue independents, then these must also be dead) and (2) if Cohen is doubted regarding Cohen and His Dancers.

ADAM Guardians is a typical baddie team. Needs to outnumber/kill all the other teams/roles.

Fontaine's Crew is a typical baddie team. Needs to outnumber/kill all the other teams/roles.

Sander Cohen and His Dancers are independent. However, they do become similar to a typical baddie team if Cohen is "doubted" (see: his role).

There is even more to it than that, but that's the summary, and I hope that helps you and others regarding the win conditions -- because the role setup is not exactly conventional. :feb:

You can find details in all of the individual roles.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I neglected to point out there is also Tenenbaum's condition change that if she is the last member on her team (ADAM Guardians) alive, then from thereon forward she can win with any team (independent), but only if Frank Fontaine is dead. Again, looking at each role will give you more detail, naturally, and there is more to the game than what even appears there (as you can see, there are some role secrets).

But if you or anyone else has any other questions, please let me know.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nutella wrote: Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.
It's a little early to be pointing fingers, don't you think? It's not even day one yet.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DFaraday »

Yay game!

I'm currently leaning towards not accepting, because I have no idea what the price for accepting a plasmid would be.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

nutella wrote: Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.
Pfft reckless and murderous is the way to play. Maybe you're just boring. ;)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89

Post by nutella »

Not really pointing fingers, just pointing out something that caught my attention. Thinking out loud.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
It's a little early to be pointing fingers, don't you think? It's not even day one yet.
Quashing discussion again? :ohyeah:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
It never hurts to have a little discussion going on day zero. The alternative is to start day one with many people having no idea where they want to look.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok. I already had root canal surgery and it wasn't that bad. I am going to see what this Plasmid thing is all about.

This me being fearless this is.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Shh! No talking!

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Shh! No talking!
:offtobed:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sander Cohen.
:haha:

:|
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, what Boats said definitely seemed a bit odd, I agree. However, I don't know how much stock one should take in a Day 0 vote on Day 0. I see it as something to keep an eye on, but nothing more.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also, what Boats said definitely seemed a bit odd, I agree. However, I don't know how much stock one should take in a Day 0 vote on Day 0. I see it as something to keep an eye on, but nothing more.
I don't know, it didn't ping me at all. I just took it as exuberance, which I very much share. I hope to have something better than that to go on by the time the Day 1 vote rolls around.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also, what Boats said definitely seemed a bit odd, I agree. However, I don't know how much stock one should take in a Day 0 vote on Day 0. I see it as something to keep an eye on, but nothing more.
I don't know, it didn't ping me at all. I just took it as exuberance, which I very much share. I hope to have something better than that to go on by the time the Day 1 vote rolls around.
Yeah, it could very well be Day 0 excitement. Which is why I'm not going to put much thought into it right now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 40
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thank you INH - I don't know how I missed that! Maybe from scanning on my phone. So I'm thinking it's bad to collect plasmids at every opportunity because somewhere the insanity switch could flip. For anyone who has played or knows the game, let me know if I am thinking about this wrong or if there is something more I should know.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:Thank you INH - I don't know how I missed that! Maybe from scanning on my phone. So I'm thinking it's bad to collect plasmids at every opportunity because somewhere the insanity switch could flip. For anyone who has played or knows the game, let me know if I am thinking about this wrong or if there is something more I should know.
The more I think about it, I think it's more about using plasmids extensively over a prolonged period of time. Because when you play the game, you go through a LOT of plasmids with Jack, and I don't ever remember him suffering any mental degeneration.

Basically, the way plasmids work is they allow the ADAM to re-write your genetic code, which allows you to use things like telekenesis, incenerating objects, etc. It's possible some characters might be more likely to suffer the overuse and eventual decline in effectiveness from Plasmids (or in the worst scenario, mental degeneration), but for now, I think the first is more likely than the second.

I actually searched and found this. Hopefully it proves helpful to those of you who haven't played the game.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Plasmid

Return to “Previous Jobs”