Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 4]

Post by juliets »

Can someone bullet point the Glorfindel case for me or point me back to someone who has already made the case? I iso'd him but didn't see anything but a nice polite person so the reasons he's bad have gone right over my head.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:I think we learned one thing, and that's MP isn't Mafia. There is no Mafia role that can stop lynches.
No. He could be Rupert Thorne, who according to the role list has "little strength as yet", and it's possible he joined a Mafia team.

Based on his "legacy" rainbow with his "confirmed town Scotty", and based on the day 1 lynch, I think we can conclude what role MP is, but it's not a definite.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Oh,I thought other people had said that as well.
I think my case on her was water tight and she was pretty much a lock to be lynched imo. Then she died and the prevailing theory became that because she haphazardly indie claimed she must be one.

What's your theory?
I think you made a great case, Mac, and at the time it seemed pretty damning. At this point I could see it going either way, and the only way to get an answer for sure is to get the other teammate and see if the team disappears. I thought she seemed genuine at the very end when she was claiming inmate.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:Can someone bullet point the Glorfindel case for me or point me back to someone who has already made the case? I iso'd him but didn't see anything but a nice polite person so the reasons he's bad have gone right over my head.
Some stuff I remember:

1. sig thought he read as being "fake-nice" early in the game but later went back on that.
2. Matt thinks he's been claiming Two Face throughout the game for mentioning coinflips and the number two.
3. He made sure to reply to sig right before he got killed and the whole thing got buried.
4. MP reads him as an inmate for not matching either his civvie or baddie metas.

I don't know if I'm missing something.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:Can someone bullet point the Glorfindel case for me or point me back to someone who has already made the case? I iso'd him but didn't see anything but a nice polite person so the reasons he's bad have gone right over my head.
Some stuff I remember:

1. sig thought he read as being "fake-nice" early in the game but later went back on that.
2. Matt thinks he's been claiming Two Face throughout the game for mentioning coinflips and the number two.
3. He made sure to reply to sig right before he got killed and the whole thing got buried.
4. MP reads him as an inmate for not matching either his civvie or baddie metas.

That's not a fair representation, I don't think. He used several phrases that correlated with the number two, actually said the word "two" in his first post, and at one point even quoted someone's post and simply said "Seconded!".

C'mon now.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:
Some stuff I remember:

So it appears people suspect him of being an inmate as opposed to mafia. Thanks Enrique i appreciate your response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

For those of you who contend that my actions have resulted in a lynch in which we "learned nothing" and are doubting that there was a point to everything, let me lay out the following:

- The only role with a publicly known lynch stop is Robin. He is a town-friendly independent.
- The only other roles that could be responsible for a lynch stop inevitably are those with *Secrets* qualifiers. There are no GCPD or mafia roles with *Secrets*, thus making the other possibilities inmate-based.

The inmates with *Secrets* in their roles are: Joker (deceased, Black Rock), The Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Bane.

That leaves three distinctly independent possibilities for my actions. Poison Ivy, if you're inclined to believe I was not lying about being poisoned, is not only an illogical fit for my behavior but a thematically unlikely one. Given PI can poison someone every night and her role seems to center around that function, it doesn't stand to reason why she would have a lynch stop. The Riddler and Bane are possible. I will not role hint or role out myself, but I have given you all the following information:

I can only be one of four roles. None of those roles are Mafia roles (or GCPD, for that matter).

So I have the following questions for you:
1) If I am Robin, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?
2) If I am The Riddler, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?
3) If I am Bane, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?

Since we don't know the *Secrets* to The Riddler and Bane, let's talk about Robin.

Robin is rewarded for every mafia (5%) and inmate (12%) lynch, and punished for every GCPD (negative 2%) and Wayne Manor (negative 8%) lynch. Even though the punishment for a dead GCPD may seem minuscule, it is mathematically difficult to reach 100% to begin with, let alone with each additional GCPD death; moreover, it is mathematically impossible for Wayne Manor to win if GCPD do not win.

If I am Robin, therefore, I have no reason to actively work against the GCPD's cause; if anything, I have incentive to work with it. In addition, we all know that the lynch was stopped d1 when Scotty and DrWilgy were tied for the lynch. If anyone recalls my Wilgy = Robin theory, the main result out of it was that I proposed that Scotty is confirmed civilian. If instead I am Robin, I gained by perpetuating that theory because, if I did save Scotty, it gives me a way to disseminate information about a civilian without outing myself.

Note that the Mafia have no incentives whatsoever to kill any of Wayne Manor, since they win once GCPD are dead. Since I am confirmed not to be GCPD, then there is no reason for me to draw any night kills. If I do, then that's a night kill that doesn't go to a civilian, and the mafia are stupid. Conversely, there is no reason for me to be lynched, since GCPD and inmates do not need me dead specifically (again, there are *Secrets*, but we can't speculate on unknown qualities). Regarding Scotty then, since he was nearly lynched d1, he is saved from being lynched subsequently, and if the Mafia want to get rid of him, they will have to use up a night kill to do so. But in doing so, they don't even know whether Scotty actually is GCPD or whether he's Wayne Manor, the latter of which they do not need dead to win.

Now, if I'm The Riddler or Bane, then I want to tell you as little as possible about my *Secrets*, I would imagine, and I would want to float this "I am Robin" theory as much as I can without directly outing myself, since it would be in my own best interest.

It's up to you to decide what role you think my actions reflect. I had been catching suspicion since the start of the game, but it intensified in the aftermath of the d2 lynch. I figured my lynch would be inevitable; rather, I wanted it to be, and I thought it would be best to get it out of the way now before any other variables mess with the plan. In addition, most of my chaos posting specifically designed to get myself lynch was enacted before I was cured of poison, and I wanted to be lynched before the poison could take its toll.

At the bare minimum, now you all know that I can only be less than a handful of roles, and that there is potential additional information. Of course, this is all assuming that none of the roles excluding *Secrets* do not have additional abilities or information.

So, please, tell me how we've "learned nothing".
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

If it's not Zebra and it's not MP, I think we're likeliest to find Nero's teammate in sabie. The fact that she voted Matt after I'd shut down my own case just read badbadnotgood. Adding to that, most of her early game interactions were with Nero himself, and even before she replaced in, you could make a small Nero/lovedelic connection. I would've thought MP was the third teammate and his last few mentions of her were distancing, but I agree it really doesn't look like MP is Mafia.

linki- Matt that's like... completely normal. It's not that I wanted to discredit you, but that's what I got out of it.

linki2- Did you mull over the Typh thing yet? Is there another element I'm missing, or is it what it looks like?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, I'd like to know if there are any other players you "trust" more than me at the moment, and why that is the case, since you seem intent on continuing to spread a lack of trust for me in the thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:linki2- Did you mull over the Typh thing yet? Is there another element I'm missing, or is it what it looks like?
I have, and I realize there are technically other possibilities for his role, so I'm willing to reexamine him. I'm not sure I believe he can't be Penguin though.

What do you have to say in response to my placing of you at the bottom of my rainbow list, anything? I did throw some content down there; did you feel any of it is possible to address and/or worth addressing?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Why can't you be Rupert Thorne, MP?
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For those of you who contend that my actions have resulted in a lynch in which we "learned nothing" and are doubting that there was a point to everything, let me lay out the following:

- The only role with a publicly known lynch stop is Robin. He is a town-friendly independent.
- The only other roles that could be responsible for a lynch stop inevitably are those with *Secrets* qualifiers. There are no GCPD or mafia roles with *Secrets*, thus making the other possibilities inmate-based.

The inmates with *Secrets* in their roles are: Joker (deceased, Black Rock), The Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Bane.

That leaves three distinctly independent possibilities for my actions. Poison Ivy, if you're inclined to believe I was not lying about being poisoned, is not only an illogical fit for my behavior but a thematically unlikely one. Given PI can poison someone every night and her role seems to center around that function, it doesn't stand to reason why she would have a lynch stop. The Riddler and Bane are possible. I will not role hint or role out myself, but I have given you all the following information:

I can only be one of four roles. None of those roles are Mafia roles (or GCPD, for that matter).

So I have the following questions for you:
1) If I am Robin, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?
2) If I am The Riddler, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?
3) If I am Bane, then what explanation do you see in my ISO for my behavior?

Since we don't know the *Secrets* to The Riddler and Bane, let's talk about Robin.

Robin is rewarded for every mafia (5%) and inmate (12%) lynch, and punished for every GCPD (negative 2%) and Wayne Manor (negative 8%) lynch. Even though the punishment for a dead GCPD may seem minuscule, it is mathematically difficult to reach 100% to begin with, let alone with each additional GCPD death; moreover, it is mathematically impossible for Wayne Manor to win if GCPD do not win.

If I am Robin, therefore, I have no reason to actively work against the GCPD's cause; if anything, I have incentive to work with it. In addition, we all know that the lynch was stopped d1 when Scotty and DrWilgy were tied for the lynch. If anyone recalls my Wilgy = Robin theory, the main result out of it was that I proposed that Scotty is confirmed civilian. If instead I am Robin, I gained by perpetuating that theory because, if I did save Scotty, it gives me a way to disseminate information about a civilian without outing myself.

Note that the Mafia have no incentives whatsoever to kill any of Wayne Manor, since they win once GCPD are dead. Since I am confirmed not to be GCPD, then there is no reason for me to draw any night kills. If I do, then that's a night kill that doesn't go to a civilian, and the mafia are stupid. Conversely, there is no reason for me to be lynched, since GCPD and inmates do not need me dead specifically (again, there are *Secrets*, but we can't speculate on unknown qualities). Regarding Scotty then, since he was nearly lynched d1, he is saved from being lynched subsequently, and if the Mafia want to get rid of him, they will have to use up a night kill to do so. But in doing so, they don't even know whether Scotty actually is GCPD or whether he's Wayne Manor, the latter of which they do not need dead to win.

Now, if I'm The Riddler or Bane, then I want to tell you as little as possible about my *Secrets*, I would imagine, and I would want to float this "I am Robin" theory as much as I can without directly outing myself, since it would be in my own best interest.

It's up to you to decide what role you think my actions reflect. I had been catching suspicion since the start of the game, but it intensified in the aftermath of the d2 lynch. I figured my lynch would be inevitable; rather, I wanted it to be, and I thought it would be best to get it out of the way now before any other variables mess with the plan. In addition, most of my chaos posting specifically designed to get myself lynch was enacted before I was cured of poison, and I wanted to be lynched before the poison could take its toll.

At the bare minimum, now you all know that I can only be less than a handful of roles, and that there is potential additional information. Of course, this is all assuming that none of the roles excluding *Secrets* do not have additional abilities or information.

So, please, tell me how we've "learned nothing".
:clap:

Doc, save me tonight.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt wrote:Why can't you be Rupert Thorne, MP?
There are no *Secrets* by Ruper Thorne's role, so although there is inevitable ambiguity due to the "as yet" in his role description, as you illustrated, I didn't include him in the list of potential roles, because there's no reason to believe that he would gain a lynch stop.

If we suspend disbelief and contend that there is reason to believe that he could gain a lynch stop at any point in the game, then it seems reasonable to me that we can come up with reason to believe that any role could gain a lynch stop at any point in the game. I see no reason to believe Rupert Thorne possesses any attributes that are any different than any of the other non-*Secrets* roles.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: To add to that, Matt, Rupert Thorne seems like a mere "alignment copier" kind of role to me, which is quite powerful in and of itself. If, as you propose, he "copied" a mafia team's alignment, then that team would have 4 effective members. I think if he had an additional power that provided incremental benefits that we'd see a *Secrets* qualifier.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

We learned something, MP, but with that said I do think your lynch was pretty unnecessary. Couldn't you just have done that any other time if the situation lent itself instead of encouraging/forcing it?

btw, I haven't explained my vote for Glorfindel. Basically, at that point in the race, MP was leading 6-2 (Marmot's vote snuck up on me), and every subsequent vote was obviously gonna go to MP. My idea was to bring Glorf closer to the race, and then just baiting for MP's teammates to try to save him. Clearly it didn't work out, especially after the revelations of the lynch result. Typhoony's vote was questionable, but even if he's bad, I don't think MP is his teammate. We got our fair share of sketchy votes anyway so it didn't matter a lot.

linki-
re: Typh, well, I just don't think there's any evidence besides the idea that you got blackmailed. He could well be the Penguin, yeah, but I have no reason to think it's him over practically anybody else.
re: rainbow list, yeah actually I wanted to make a post addressing that some point. Just gimme till I decide to get on my computer sometime today :p
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
There are no *Secrets* by Ruper Thorne's role, so although there is inevitable ambiguity due to the "as yet" in his role description, as you illustrated, I didn't include him in the list of potential roles, because there's no reason to believe that he would gain a lynch stop.

If we suspend disbelief and contend that there is reason to believe that he could gain a lynch stop at any point in the game, then it seems reasonable to me that we can come up with reason to believe that any role could gain a lynch stop at any point in the game. I see no reason to believe Rupert Thorne possesses any attributes that are any different than any of the other non-*Secrets* roles.
Yes, there is a reason to believe that, hence Rupert being of little strength "as yet". Sure, it could be something else entirely that Rupert eventually gets, but it could be a lynch stop.

Anyway, as I already stated, I think the more likely answer is Robin, but Mac saying you're def not mafia is not true.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:We learned something, MP, but with that said I do think your lynch was pretty unnecessary. Couldn't you just have done that any other time if the situation lent itself instead of encouraging/forcing it?

btw, I haven't explained my vote for Glorfindel. Basically, at that point in the race, MP was leading 6-2 (Marmot's vote snuck up on me), and every subsequent vote was obviously gonna go to MP. My idea was to bring Glorf closer to the race, and then just baiting for MP's teammates to try to save him. Clearly it didn't work out, especially after the revelations of the lynch result. Typhoony's vote was questionable, but even if he's bad, I don't think MP is his teammate. We got our fair share of sketchy votes anyway so it didn't matter a lot.

linki-
re: Typh, well, I just don't think there's any evidence besides the idea that you got blackmailed. He could well be the Penguin, yeah, but I have no reason to think it's him over practically anybody else.
re: rainbow list, yeah actually I wanted to make a post addressing that some point. Just gimme till I decide to get on my computer sometime today :p
I suppose you could say it was unnecessary, but I was poisoned Night 1 (if you believe me), and I had literally no information regarding retrieving the antidote nor did I have any idea how long it would take to kill me. And, although DH made fun of me for not visiting the hospital (somewhat rightfully so, although I did do it on purpose to get some more attention), I'm not convinced Epi and LC would have made retrieving the antidote a mere matter of:
- Go to hospital.
- Get antidote by picking hospital.

Because, if that were the case, then Poison Ivy has a really dumb power. Consequently, I had a sense of urgency driven by that fact, and I already started picking up substantiated suspicion due to my voting for sig d2 in spite of placing Nero (then confirmed to be mafia) at the bottom of my list. There was nothing fabricated about that behavior; I legitimately dug myself a bit of a hole there that led me to believe I'd be getting some suspicion sooner rather than later.

In addition, the longer I live, the longer I am a distraction. I've played enough mafia games in general, but especially on this site, to know that I am almost always an inevitably huge distraction. Dom, for example, has focused his attention on me for multiple cycles now, and I can't say I necessarily blame him. I wanted my name to be out of the running for potential mafia as soon as possible, because then that's one step closer to being able to solve the game by process of elimination (POE).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yes, there is a reason to believe that, hence Rupert being of little strength "as yet". Sure, it could be something else entirely that Rupert eventually gets, but it could be a lynch stop.

Anyway, as I already stated, I think the more likely answer is Robin, but Mac saying you're def not mafia is not true.
You fail to recognize, however, that you reading into the "as yet" requires Rupert Thorne to have secrets to his role that are not stated in blank on the front page. It literally gives no role ability indication of him having any incremental power, other than that little bit in his role description.

I think it's stretching, therefore, to suspend disbelief specifically with regards to a scenario in which Rupert Thorne has secrets to his role with no *Secrets* qualifier, that I am that role, and that I happened to align myself with a mafia team, AND that my behavior consistently lines up with that possibility.

Because I think that's a theory grounded in practically nothing, I can't help but view your contention otherwise with suspicion.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm inclined to believe that MP is Robin. I think he urged us all to vote him so he could show he had the lynch stop so we would all know that he's Robin.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

One last point before I have to go back to PhD work for a while:

I do not want d5 to go blindly into a lynch of Glorfindel. There are reasons to suspect him, yes, but there are plenty of other players that should be thoroughly examined, and I think that recently (partially due to my fault, I take responsibility for that) there has been less "spreading the love" of suspicion around at players. As such, I will view any push to coalesce around Glorfindel only, in terms of vote and/or discussion, going forward with suspicion.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

You fail to recognize, however, that you reading into the "as yet" requires Rupert Thorne to have secrets to his role that are not stated in blank on the front page. It literally gives no role ability indication of him having any incremental power, other than that little bit in his role description.

I think it's stretching, therefore, to suspend disbelief specifically with regards to a scenario in which Rupert Thorne has secrets to his role with no *Secrets* qualifier, that I am that role, and that I happened to align myself with a mafia team, AND that my behavior consistently lines up with that possibility.

Because I think that's a theory grounded in practically nothing, I can't help but view your contention otherwise with suspicion.
Naturally, I'm already orange on your list. Move me down on your rainbow all you want, "boy wonder", but it's simply not true that you cannot be mafia. Frankly, it's suspicious that you won't admit it yourself even though I've already acknowledged that you're most likely on the level.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt, the "as yet" to me reads as... he doest have a team yet, but he will, when he chooses one. I don't think the Thorne role has any secrets, it seems pretty clear cut to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I don't think it's clear cut.

Does that mean we think Rupert Thorne, in general, is just a vanilla role that gains btsc with someone? I always assumed that he would gain some sort of power.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Enrique »

That was my interpretation of the role, at least.
Turnip Head wrote:Un MP lynch is unleekely tu yeeeld a meffeea fleep in my oopeeniun boot I cun see-a he's gueeng tu be-a a pueent ooff deescoossiun es lung es he's in zee geme-a. I'll gledly iet my het iff he-a fleeps meffeea boot I'm tune-a reedeeng heem es genooeene-a. Glurffeendel is mure-a leekely tu be-a meffeea. I theenk Scutty mede-a a greet oobserfeshun ebuoot heem. Vhee esked vhu he-a soospects he-a curcled eruoond sume-a nemes insteed ooff cummeetting tu unytheeng. Zee ceefiliun Glurffeendel I reed in Peekmin is noohere-a tu be-a fuoond. Bork bork bork!

I'm futeeng fur Glurffeendel.
Turnip Head I see you online, did you get dungeon'd?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt, the way I read the role of Thorne he appears to gain something - powers, votes, something - as time goes along. I don't think though he would have gained a lunch stop this early in the game. Seems like that would be a power he would have to build up to. i could be wrong, that's just how I see it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:Matt, the way I read the role of Thorne he appears to gain something - powers, votes, something - as time goes along. I don't think though he would have gained a lunch stop this early in the game. Seems like that would be a power he would have to build up to. i could be wrong, that's just how I see it.
At least we agree he would gain something. If it's possible he gains a power of some sort, then we cannot definitely conclude MP is not mafia. He most likely isn't, but there's still a possibility.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head noooo

:puppy:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:Turnip Head noooo

Enrique why the cry of "noooo"?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Good job not dying MP.

I agree that I think this was the right time for this to happen. I can see where it would have continued to be an issue and turning attention away from the thread.

I will admit though, as I was voting, my paranoia that "this won't help the civs" would be along the the lines of MP's role is the secret unnamed role of Suicidey and he takes with him everyone who lynched him. Then I had to keep telling myself that you are only playing this game, not hosting it. :p

Also - MP - dude - I asked for a couple words about why you thought what you thought on your list. You gave me an essay. Way to over achieve. And thanks. ;)

linki - so TH got Chefified then silenced?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:

There was speculation earlier that the Riddler was disappearing people. TH getting cursed then not talking all night isn't a good sign.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:

There was speculation earlier that the Riddler was disappearing people. TH getting cursed then not talking all night isn't a good sign.
Oh ok. Yes, i remember that speculation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:I'm inclined to believe that MP is Robin. I think he urged us all to vote him so he could show he had the lynch stop so we would all know that he's Robin.

linki
Derp! Of course that's the correct answer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:well I got a little bug and was throwing up every hour on the hour last night and am traveling all day today. I will not be on at all and still feel like shit. I'm trying my best not to have the guy next to me get nervous and get me thrown of lf the plane because of Ebola or some shit.
Scotty gets a flu!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

So then what have we really gained? A lynch with no result and MP surely getting killed tonight now that it's obvious he's Robin?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I feel dumb for not figuring out MP's role before.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Assuming the mafia are playing/paying attention. Which might be a leap.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or as Enrique would call it, A BIT OF A STERTCH

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:So then what have we really gained? A lynch with no result and MP surely getting killed tonight now that it's obvious he's Robin?
Mafia might feel taking out GCPD is a priority.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:

I would like to point out I was talking just fine on nights 2 and 3, unless people still believe I was "faking" :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:So then what have we really gained? A lynch with no result and MP surely getting killed tonight now that it's obvious he's Robin?
What do you mean what have we really gained?

You're two players closer to endgame now, if I am Robin, because that means Scotty and I both cannot be mafia. That's two night kills that the mafia must now use to take us out of the game.

I'd really love to see the mafia try and kill me. It'd be ridiculously stupid on their part. Not only do they not need me dead to win, if I am Robin, but also I can win dead or alive. It means nothing to me whether I'm alive or dead at this point. That's a kill that they could have used on a civilian, but instead they'll waste it on me.

That's valuable.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's as if, again assuming I am Robin and not a trickstery inmate which I could totally be, the entire thread just got two free alignment checks. I think that was worth it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Again, operating under a certain set of assumptions, Robin already used both of his lynch stops, since we've seen two, presumably; he's literally a vanilla with no power at this point who can win dead or alive. An absolute waste of an NK if the mafia were to ever kill him.

The smart move would be for the mafia to kill Scotty, but again, he could be GCPD or Wayne Manor for all they know, or I could totally be fucking with them and he could be neither, or I could have no information on Scotty (and instead I had it on Wilgy, or I have none at all because I'm not Robin). They don't know what's going on in my head.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The best case scenario right now, in fact, would be if Scotty is a potentially mafia-friendly inmate. They'll kill him, then Robin gets 12%, the civilians are rid of a potential threat, and no civilian dies. If I was Robin, that's exactly the kind of scenario I'd try to set up. ;)

However, all of that's the mafia's call to make. I don't think any further speculation is possible or warranted, but I figured I'd throw my thoughts out there.

Rather, I think trying to find Nero's teammate, or better yet, cracking open the other mafia team is preferable. So who wants to talk about my rainbow list? What do you all think? Which player(s) do you disagree with my assessment on; why? Which player would you like to lynch tomorrow?

I have to head out again, but because I'm a shameless mafia addict, I'll surely be back at some point when I want a break again.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, quick EBWOP: Please note that my thoughts regarding Typhoony need to be updated. The more I actually think about it, the less I think that the case brought forth about him being Penguin makes sense. I'll also give Enrique a good look for making me reexamine that issue, since he could have sat there and shut up while I continued to maintain a faulty line of reasoning.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MP - Assuming you're legit right now, and I still have my doubts, would you rather the mafia kill you over a civilian?

Because by continuously calling the mafia stupid for killing you if they do, and also emphasizing that you are now just "vanilla", I feel like you're actually asking the mafia to not kill you.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I'm going to blackgate today.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MP pulled a fucking Tyler Durden again. He cannot be stopped.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

sabie12 wrote:I'm going to blackgate today.
Hey sabie - wotchya think about the last not lynch?

Any thoughts for the game?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie, do you have anything to say about the suspicion raised about you?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Yes, I am good. Just because I don't post much doesn't make me bad. It's more chalked up to me being stressed about work and not having a lot of time or the attention span to read and write posts that are a million paragraphs long. You can call me a lazy civ if you want but I'm not bad.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Jobs”