[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Re: [DAY 1] Bioshock Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Sorry indiglo! :( Better luck next time!

So the game is now afoot. Time for some baddie-hunting!
Any suspects yet? We need to start making people sweat.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

My best friend was in today and I got to hang out with her for the first time in almost ayear. I have had a lot to drink. Going ot catch up tomorrow morning. :D
ImageImage

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Alright, back from Bonnaroo and ready to catch up on this, if a bit late. Sorry for the delay, and good luck all.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Thanks for the concise summary to the win conditions ser socahost. :)

So, it appears the day 0 poll was as straight forward as it appeared. Now that's unusual in a sock game!

oh - also - Epi. Yes. He would do all those things. All those things and so many more! *lip trembles in fear*

Teefies - thank you for the wikki links. I'm sure they'll prove most helpful as things get rolling along. :)

I forgot how much you all liked the OT. This pleases me greatly.

I want to join a hippie commune as I'm darn near as tree-hugging as they come. I can't say I can grow things worth a snot and I'm prolly not good for the slaughter house, but once all that bit's done, I promise I can earn my keep by cooking delicious things. Also, I plan to have a heavy stock pile of booze and wine. :D

Vomp - your essay was most impressive! I have bookmarked the site to read other writings as well but I remain confident that none shall be as grand as your essay. :noble:

Epi - you don't drink wine while you play video games? It's like I don't even know you. :(

Boomslang! Please post about your experiences at Bonnaroo. Like - here's prolly not appropriate but we do have a "concert review" thread somewhere I think? I recommended we have one anyway.... I'd love to hear about the festival.

FH - so glad you got to play catch up - so sad I did not get to interact with drfunk FH. :sigh:

I have very little to say game related right now. :l

Maybe the baddies will do us a favor and just fess up today so we don't have to have an agonizing D1?

I thought LA's theory might be worth looking at going into day 1 but if the day 0 poll really is as straightforward as it appears, that kinda chunks that idea right out the water. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ewe - look how I used the same phrase twice up there. :( I suck at articulation sometimes. :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

How come you don't have anything to say to/about me in that long off-topic post, bea? And I worked so hard in your Grimm's game. :sigh:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:The best things in life are free
But you can give them to the birds and bees
I want money!
The rest of that Flying Lizards album is really weird.
I love that you know that. I really only know this song, not the album. Also considering your broad musical tastes, this makes me think it's really weird. :huh:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:How come you don't have anything to say to/about me in that long off-topic post, bea? And I worked so hard in your Grimm's game. :sigh:

because I'm still trying to wrap my head around JC is ZRFTS and you are JC and if you are JC then you know about everything current in my world and omg my brainz are going to aspload!!!!!!!!!!!! :overreact:
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

thellama73 wrote:How come you don't have anything to say to/about me in that long off-topic post, bea? And I worked so hard in your Grimm's game. :sigh:
Well there's your problem. That work ethic of yours is absolutely ridiculous!Image
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is the most off-topic mafia game I've yet been in and I love it!

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:This is the most off-topic mafia game I've yet been in and I love it!
omg you're right! Me too! I blame Lizzy and Vompatti for starting this in sign-ups, k. :p

For sers, we got to lynch ourselves a baddie though. Maybe if enough of us say it, it'll come true. No, but seriously I've played one game and Lizzy schooled me so badly I don't know who to trust now.

Here goes: DisgruntledPorcupine is neither disgruntled nor a porcupine. Discuss!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This is the most off-topic mafia game I've yet been in and I love it!
omg you're right! Me too! I blame Lizzy and Vompatti for starting this in sign-ups, k. :p

For sers, we got to lynch ourselves a baddie though. Maybe if enough of us say it, it'll come true. No, but seriously I've played one game and Lizzy schooled me so badly I don't know who to trust now.

Here goes: DisgruntledPorcupine is neither disgruntled nor a porcupine. Discuss!
I find it more interesting that you are neither an owl, nor are you made of hedge. :eye:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I fear that this whole line of discussion just leads me back here:

Everytime I see hedgeowl's name, it reminds me of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. This is either very unfortunate or very awesome. I think only Hedgeowl can decide that. And also - a quick google search makes me go wait? wot? Neil Patrick Harris is taking this show to Broadway? Wonders never cease to amaze me.

Also - I don't trust any one of you as much fun as OT talk is. I know there are baddies playing in the OT as much as there are civs. I just haven't figured out who is who yet.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Re: [DAY 0] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Snow Dog »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
juliets wrote:Thank you INH - I don't know how I missed that! Maybe from scanning on my phone. So I'm thinking it's bad to collect plasmids at every opportunity because somewhere the insanity switch could flip. For anyone who has played or knows the game, let me know if I am thinking about this wrong or if there is something more I should know.
The more I think about it, I think it's more about using plasmids extensively over a prolonged period of time. Because when you play the game, you go through a LOT of plasmids with Jack, and I don't ever remember him suffering any mental degeneration.

Basically, the way plasmids work is they allow the ADAM to re-write your genetic code, which allows you to use things like telekenesis, incenerating objects, etc. It's possible some characters might be more likely to suffer the overuse and eventual decline in effectiveness from Plasmids (or in the worst scenario, mental degeneration), but for now, I think the first is more likely than the second.

I actually searched and found this. Hopefully it proves helpful to those of you who haven't played the game.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Plasmid
What is ADAM?
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/ADAM

Bascially, it's the material that plasmids are made from. It's what actually replaces the cells in your body, and forces you to depend on it if you use it for very long periods of time.
Thank you. You are a useful Engine! Oops..wrong game. :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Vompatti »

tfw I am a parasite :'(
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:tfw I am a parasite :'(
We've been telling you that for ages :3
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna vote for the next person to post in OT green.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Caught up on the thread now but I must say I am still feeling the effects of enjoying so much wine last night.

Might be another few hours (or more!) before I can form a coherent thought. :p
ImageImage

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm gonna vote for the next person to post in OT green.
Ftw.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm gonna vote for the next person to post in OT green.
Better than randomizing. :P
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

My morbid curiosity makes me want to see how you guys deal with anarchists, so I'll take the bait.
Hedgeowl wrote:

:hug:
In my defense, I did appologise. :p

Also, I'm not actually a Lizzy. Discuss. Or vote.

Your move, mates. :mafia:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voted Lizzy :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Voted Lizzy :D
:haha: ...the things some people do to themselves. (and I'm not talking about me here ;) )
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Well done! :yay:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

bea wrote: I thought LA's theory might be worth looking at going into day 1 but if the day 0 poll really is as straightforward as it appears, that kinda chunks that idea right out the water. :(
Same here. Which means I'm basically back to square one. :/

In all seriousness though, there's certainly been an awful lot of OT posts so far. While it is certainly entertaining, it does make me wonder if any baddies are using it to hide while increasing post count (and therefore making themselves stick out). Granted, I'm sure there are civvies doing the same thing. But I might look in that direction to help decide if it continues.
Snow Dog wrote:
Thank you. You are a useful Engine! Oops..wrong game. :p
Not really. I died quite early in that game. :(
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Well done! :yay:
You've been waiting for this, haven't you? :p
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Hedgeowl wrote:

You don't know these things! >_>
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

bea wrote: I thought LA's theory might be worth looking at going into day 1 but if the day 0 poll really is as straightforward as it appears, that kinda chunks that idea right out the water. :(
I don't know, I wasn't necessarily suggesting that baddies might have info about the poll or anything, I was just wondering if baddies might be more eager for a prize to help them along. But it's really just as likely for a civ to want one. So idk. Never mind. >_>
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It is still very early, but I have two thoughts so far.

Thought the First: Nevinera is being very, very quiet. No doubt, a desperate attempt to survive longer than a couple of days for once, but it strikes me as odd. Could be nothing, could be a baddie lying low.

Thought the Second: I agree that there is probably at least one baddie hiding in the OT posts (although now that people have started saying that, it makes me nervous because I was having a lot of fun posting OT and now people will think I'm bad! Oh noes!) Lizzy seems to have deliberately drawn DH's vote, which seems unlikely to be a baddie move. Of the OT posters, Hedgeowl feels the most like a baddie to me with her "for sers, we need to get a baddie" talk, that sounds rather forced. Mind you, this is very, very weak evidence, but it is Day 1 and I wanted to post my thoughts to foster discussion. All this is subject to heavy revision depending on how the rest of the day progresses.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:It is still very early, but I have two thoughts so far.

Thought the First: Nevinera is being very, very quiet. No doubt, a desperate attempt to survive longer than a couple of days for once, but it strikes me as odd. Could be nothing, could be a baddie lying low.

Thought the Second: I agree that there is probably at least one baddie hiding in the OT posts (although now that people have started saying that, it makes me nervous because I was having a lot of fun posting OT and now people will think I'm bad! Oh noes!) Lizzy seems to have deliberately drawn DH's vote, which seems unlikely to be a baddie move. Of the OT posters, Hedgeowl feels the most like a baddie to me with her "for sers, we need to get a baddie" talk, that sounds rather forced. Mind you, this is very, very weak evidence, but it is Day 1 and I wanted to post my thoughts to foster discussion. All this is subject to heavy revision depending on how the rest of the day progresses.
Response the First: That's entirely understandable, given his rather unfortunate fate in some of the last several games, where he started gathering suspicion very early. It seems he isn't immune here either. I don't think him being quiet this time says a whole lot about his alignment though. He probably would just like to make it past the first 2-3 days this time is all.

Response the Second: I didn't get that impression with Hedgeowd. But then again, I probably need to go back and re-examine all the OT posts. I do know that I highly doubt Vomps and Lizzy are bad, and I know they were the first two who started it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: Hedgeowl* You'd think I would be able to type people's names correctly. :fishslap:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:My morbid curiosity makes me want to see how you guys deal with anarchists, so I'll take the bait.
Hedgeowl wrote:

:hug:
In my defense, I did appologise. :p

Also, I'm not actually a Lizzy. Discuss. Or vote.

Your move, mates. :mafia:
No apologies needed for me. I died laughing at the back and forth.

Not a Lizzy eh? Well played again. Not sure this is enough of a reason to lynch you though.
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

You don't know these things! >_>
You are correct! I am going to assume you are not a porcupine, but you could be quite disgruntled. Especially now! :eek: However, your name lent itself well to Mike Myers' Coffee Talk sketch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright, here's the actual quote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

Re-reading this, it does strike me as odd. She goes from OT, to "we really need to lynch someone. 4srs gaiz.", to being silly about DP.

In addition, this was something else I noticed:
DFaraday wrote:I just missed voting! Although, I probably wouldn't have gotten a Plasmid anyway.
Something about this strikes me as....off in some way. I'm not entirely sure what it is. But there you have it

Sorry about the triple post as well! I'm just trying to get all my thoughts out there, and hopefully it gets some discussion going. I'm curious as to what other people's thoughts are on both of these posts.

Linki: I guess it's not a triple post then. And while I appreciate the humor Hedgeowl, I thought you wanted to find some baddies. So I'm especially curious as to what your thoughts are on this post.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think you are probably right about Nev, BWT. I do have my eye on Hedgeowl though.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
nutella wrote: Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.
It's a little early to be pointing fingers, don't you think? It's not even day one yet.

I'm a man of my word, otherwise I would have considered voting llama for this post and for a couple of other reasons.

llama was pretty darn quick to turn on his OT compatriots, and apart from just now (now that the OT Crew have taken heat) his posts have been very aloof and OT. So it seems to me that when OT was cool, llama was OT, and now that putting out cases and thoughts is cool, llama is putting out cases and thoughts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^because llama is cool! :D
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
nutella wrote: Boats' two posts here gave me a bit of a twitch. The "excited"/reckless/thrillseeking vibe is slightly off-putting, especially in regards to the "murderous" comment, which most of us took as a reason NOT to take it. I'm more inclined to brush off the several players who eagerly chose the plasmid immediately, but Boats pings me because he said this after much discussion of hesitancy/wariness.
It's a little early to be pointing fingers, don't you think? It's not even day one yet.

I'm a man of my word, otherwise I would have considered voting llama for this post and for a couple of other reasons.

llama was pretty darn quick to turn on his OT compatriots, and apart from just now (now that the OT Crew have taken heat) his posts have been very aloof and OT. So it seems to me that when OT was cool, llama was OT, and now that putting out cases and thoughts is cool, llama is putting out cases and thoughts.
Maybe I am just cool? :slick:

I am not turning on my OT compatriots. I said I don't think Lizzy is bad. I have been slightly pinged by Hedgeowl since she posted the Flying Lizards video, and now that people are laying out suspicions it seemed like a good idea to mention it. There's a big difference between Day 0 and Day 1 in my mind. To me, it seemed strange that someone was already trying to build a case on Day 0, but now that we've actually got to vote for someone, it seems reasonable to look at people more closely.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Sorry dead ipad and baby waking up dragged me away.

Noted. All improper uses of the English language will cease and desist. For Sers! :haha:

So are we going to look at Elohcin, Devin, BWT, bea and llama too because we all made silly baddie-hunting comments?

I also agree that Nev is quiet from experience, clearly I should learn from his mistake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm here, by the way. I am not being quiet (per se), just extremely overwhelmed by the information overload. I am digesting and marinating upon this very interesting world!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Unless something interesting comes up I am going to randomize using the following method:

0. There are 36 possibilities (1-36).

1. I will toss a coin between the first half (1-18) and the second half (19-36).

1.1. If, in stage (1), I get the first half (1-18), I will toss a coin between the first half of the first half (1-9) and the second half of the first half (10-18).

1.2. If, in stage (1), I get the second half (19-36), I will toss a coin between the first half of the second half (19-27) and the second half of the second half (28-36).

1.1.1. If, in stage (1.1), I get the first half of the first half (1-9), I will toss a coin three (3) times three (3) times. On each of the three (3) times (of which there are three (3)) there are nine (9) possible results which will be interpreted thus:

On the first of the three times:

heads heads heads (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
heads heads tails (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
heads tails heads (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
tails heads heads (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
heads tails tails (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
tails heads tails (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
tails tails heads (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
tails tails tails (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)

On the second of the three times:

heads heads heads (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
heads heads tails (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
heads tails heads (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
tails heads heads (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
heads tails tails (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
tails heads tails (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
tails tails heads (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
tails tails tails (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)

On the third of the three times:

heads heads heads (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
heads heads tails (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
heads tails heads (third third of the first half of the first half (7-9)
tails heads heads (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
heads tails tails (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
tails heads tails (first third of the first half of the first half (1-3)
tails tails heads (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)
tails tails tails (second third of the first half of the first half (4-6)

As a result there are three possible results:

The first third (1-3) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.1.
The second third (4-6) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.2.
The third third (7-9) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.3.
Each of the thirds comes up once -> repeat stage 1.1.1.

1.1.2 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.2 [like 1.1.1.]

1.1.1.1. If, in stage (1.1.1), I get the first third of the first half of the first half (1-3), I will toss a coin three (3) times three (3) times. On each of the three times (of which there are three) there are nine (9) possible results which will be interpreted thus:

heads heads heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads heads tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads tails heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails heads heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads tails tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails heads tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails tails heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails tails tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)

heads heads heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads heads tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads tails heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails heads heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads tails tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails heads tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails tails heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails tails tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)

heads heads heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads heads tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads tails heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails heads heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads tails tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails heads tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails tails heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails tails tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)

- The first of the first third (1) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the first name on the list
- The second of the first third (2) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the second name on the list
- The third of the first third (3) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the third name on the list
- Each of the thirds comes up once -> repeat stage 1.1.1.1.

1.1.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.1.3. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.3 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.1. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.1.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.2.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Mostly I'm just busy lately, and a bit overwhelmed by the game.
I think my last game demonstrated that I don't 'lay low' as a baddie any more than as a civ :-P

I've decided not to bother chattering until I have something to actually contribute, and I'm not seeing much here -
it's all kind of lost in the noise of inanity.

linki: wtf vomps?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Nevinera wrote:linki: wtf vomps?
tl;dr: I'm probably going to randomize. :)

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I strongly discourage randomizing on day 1.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I like randomizing because it's fair, it may even cause me to vote for myself. :o
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mafia is not about fairness. It's about trying to win by finding the members of the opposing team and killing them. Brutally.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:Mafia is not about fairness. It's about trying to win by finding the members of the opposing team and killing them. Brutally.
At this point voting randomly seems likely to result in voting for someone not on my team, and since I can't pretend I have anything to go on I might as well try that.

I got some Maytag blue cheese today.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Mafia is not about fairness. It's about trying to win by finding the members of the opposing team and killing them. Brutally.
At this point voting randomly seems likely to result in voting for someone not on my team, and since I can't pretend I have anything to go on I might as well try that.

I got some Maytag blue cheese today.
If you are a civ, this is certainly not true. Out of thirty-six players, only eight are baddies (ten if you count the indies.) So the odds are you will vote for someone on your own team if you vote randomly. Unless you are bad, or an indie, in which case, we should probably lynch you.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote: If you are a civ, this is certainly not true. Out of thirty-six players, only eight are baddies (ten if you count the indies.) So the odds are you will vote for someone on your own team if you vote randomly. Unless you are bad, or an indie, in which case, we should probably lynch you.
He may just not follow the win conditions fully - they're pretty complicated.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti wrote:Unless something interesting comes up I am going to randomize using the following method:

1. I will toss a coin between the first half (1-18) and the second half (19-36).

1.1. If, in stage (1), I get the first half (1-18), I will toss a coin between the first half of the first half (1-9) and the second half of the first half (10-18).

1.2. If, in stage (1), I get the second half (19-36), I will toss a coin between the first half of the second half (19-27) and the second half of the second half (28-36).

1.1.1. If, in stage (1.1), I get the first half of the first half (1-9), I will toss a coin three (3) times three (3) times. On each of the three (3) times (of which there are three (3)) there are nine (9) possible results which will be interpreted thus:

The first third (1-3) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.1.
The second third (4-6) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.2.
The third third (7-9) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> proceed to stage 1.1.1.3.

1.1.2 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.2 [like 1.1.1.]

1.1.1.1. If, in stage (1.1.1), I get the first third of the first half of the first half (1-3), I will toss a coin three (3) times three (3) times. On each of the three times (of which there are three) there are nine (9) possible results which will be interpreted thus:

heads heads heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads heads tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads tails heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails heads heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads tails tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails heads tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails tails heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails tails tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)

heads heads heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads heads tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
heads tails heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails heads heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads tails tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails heads tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails tails heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails tails tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)

heads heads heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads heads tails (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
heads tails heads (third of the first third of the first half of the first half (3)
tails heads heads (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
heads tails tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails heads tails (first of the first third of the first half of the first half (1)
tails tails heads (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)
tails tails tails (second of the first third of the first half of the first half (2)

- The first of the first third (1) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the first name on the list
- The second of the first third (2) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the second name on the list
- The third of the first third (3) comes up most often (2 or 3 times) -> vote for the third name on the list

1.1.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.1.3. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.3 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.1. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.1.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.2.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
I wish I had that many coins.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Unless something interesting comes up I am going to randomize using the following method:

1.1.2 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.]
1.2.2 [like 1.1.1.]

1.1.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.1.3. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.1 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.1.2.3 [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.1. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.2. [like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.1.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.1.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.2.[like 1.1.1.1.]
1.2.2.3.[like 1.1.1.1.]
I wish I had that many coins.