Total votes: 20
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by chaindeath »

ika wrote:yawn can we lynch this now?
This statement makes chaindeath uncomfortable. :eye:
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
ika wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Also, if ika doesn't do anything D2, he should be lynched.
----
Scotty wrote:And lol. If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq? I was probably his main detractor! This kill seems totally random, or switched via Daisy power.
Agreed. The Tranq kill actually elevates Scotty's Civvishness to me.
This was exactly the point I was trying to make. Under normal circumstances people would take Tranq's arrest as a civ-tell for Scotty. There is no good reason why Tranq would be the target if it was anybody but Scotty doing the arrest. I don't think we should be relying on daisy's intervention as an excuse because we have no idea as to what it did.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

chaindeath wrote:
ika wrote:yawn can we lynch this now?
This statement makes chaindeath uncomfortable. :eye:
and you are?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:What the hell have I been reading the past few pages?
Idk, but for some reason I want to lynch both Ika and Wolf.
Is it too late to start another bandwagon?

I'll be returning to my vote on ika. I'm still pretty determined for Scotty but nobody seems to agree, so I'll come back to him at another point.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote: That doesn't really help.
*shrugs*
See this is why I'm describing you as deliberately unhelpful, and that is a major scumtell. All I am asking you to do is pull out one quote from anybody's post history to back up the reads you're giving, but all you're doing is :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: ing all over the place or just saying you'll "do an ISO" and then not getting back to it at all. You said you'd that for Epi a while ago and I'm still waiting for it.

This started as a pressure vote, but the longer it stays there the better I feel about it. Gonna re-emphasize my vote forika.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*
See this is why I'm describing you as deliberately unhelpful, and that is a major scumtell. All I am asking you to do is pull out one quote from anybody's post history to back up the reads you're giving, but all you're doing is :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: ing all over the place or just saying you'll "do an ISO" and then not getting back to it at all. You said you'd that for Epi a while ago and I'm still waiting for it.

This started as a pressure vote, but the longer it stays there the better I feel about it. Gonna re-emphasize my vote forika.
protip: im a gut player so logic and reasons are thing si never use nor do i use posts
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

Man. :eye:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also find myself quoting the way SVS handled her vote on me earlier in the day. She seemed to put her vote on me because she thought I was lying about who this post was addressing, saying the context made it seem more like I was talking to DDL and not Gleam, as I claimed:
S~V~S wrote:Yes, that quote appears to be addressed to DDL, not gleam. This seems somewhat deceptive.
But if she had checked the context, as she seems to have done, then she should have also seen this post as well right in the center of the context at that time, in which I clarified there and then about who the post was addressing. It struck me as a very odd reason to put a vote on a person. There was a piece of evidence directly confirming the thing she was questioning right in front of her face, and she put a vote on me that seemed like it was designed to be moved off. Did you not really suspect me, SVS? Were you just trying to get my attention? This is not something I am used to you doing with your votes.

Not to mention that after taking her vote off me, she moved onto Gleam, the 5th person on that wagon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Nerolunar wrote:Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

i do analize them and most times i reach a conclusion based on skimming and what i feel i mean i could go role outing on people. cus thats what i look for in reading it, roles
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

ika wrote:

i do analize them and most times i reach a conclusion based on skimming and what i feel i mean i could go role outing on people. cus thats what i look for in reading it, roles
Have you found anything?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Nerolunar wrote:
ika wrote:

Have you found anything?
yes i have found someone who is probally the hitman/don
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*

protip: im a gut player so logic and reasons are thing si never use nor do i use posts
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ika: I'm not seeing any Wilgy ISO. If you looked at him without posting anythijg, could you please share some of your thoughts with is? It's impossible to get a read on you if you're not sharing your thoughts.
i do it without saying most times. dont share thoughts as either aligment openly.

but i just glanced though hsi iso and it has a derpy tone to it that kinda says "meh i dont care about me" type thing
Can you point to a post that shows you this "derpy tone" of his?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

ika wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
ika wrote:

Have you found anything?
Im not sure I believe you.

Who do you think we should lynch today?
ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:

if you are analyzing posts and reaching conclusions then you are using logic and it stands to reason that you should be able to represent this logic using posts and quotes in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ika: I'm not seeing any Wilgy ISO. If you looked at him without posting anythijg, could you please share some of your thoughts with is? It's impossible to get a read on you if you're not sharing your thoughts.
i do it without saying most times. dont share thoughts as either aligment openly.

but i just glanced though hsi iso and it has a derpy tone to it that kinda says "meh i dont care about me" type thing
i can in a bit, it will take some time cus i cant multi quote and i need to pee
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Nerolunar wrote:
ika wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
ika wrote:

Have you found anything?
Im not sure I believe you.

Who do you think we should lynch today?
you can look at who im voting for that second question, as for the first i dont expect you to belive me, wuld you like to know my guess?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*

ika wrote:

I anxiously await your pee.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*

ika wrote:

What? You anxiously await his pee? That's just not right at all. :P
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote: *shrugs*

ika wrote:

What? You anxiously await his pee? That's just not right at all. :P
Hey he's the one who's peeing!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by ika »

DrWilgy wrote:Can we oink get a 29 player bandwagon on Enrique oink if he doesn't come explain his vote?
DrWilgy wrote:Any reactions to your "distraction" that you took notice of Enrique?

Linki - Those were just thoughts I thought I would share... Didn't mean for those thoughts and my Golden vote to be connected. Also, I was most definitely not full of shit that game Enrique!!! :doh:

LINNNNNKKKKIIIIIIII
theres are jsut a few but he does this kind of post sevral times and to me its jsut derp town that doesnt care and is lazy
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

ok i know you both have a thing for my pee now..... but we can talk about that later....
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

@ Ika

No, I do not want to know.
ImageImage

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Nerolunar wrote:@ Ika

No, I do not want to know.
Then why you make the commet that you dont belive me?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

You know what, I got up early this morning to be in time for the end of day and I just realised that days are 48 hours, not 24.
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:ok i know you both have a thing for my pee now..... but we can talk about that later....
You ever heard of TMI?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Because anyone can claim that they have an idea for who it might be.

I don´t believe it is in our best interests to speculate on who might be don/hitman. It only distracts from our goal to lynch cops, and we don´t really win anything by discussing it.
It certainly does not improve my read on you.

Ika
ImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:You know what, I got up early this morning to be in time for the end of day and I just realised that days are 48 hours, not 24.
What a loser.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Can we oink get a 29 player bandwagon on Enrique oink if he doesn't come explain his vote?
DrWilgy wrote:Any reactions to your "distraction" that you took notice of Enrique?

Linki - Those were just thoughts I thought I would share... Didn't mean for those thoughts and my Golden vote to be connected. Also, I was most definitely not full of shit that game Enrique!!! :doh:

LINNNNNKKKKIIIIIIII
theres are jsut a few but he does this kind of post sevral times and to me its jsut derp town that doesnt care and is lazy
Thank you. In response I'd say that Wilgy acts like this every game and it's not indicative of his alignment, in my limited experience with him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote: Thank you. In response I'd say that Wilgy acts like this every game and it's not indicative of his alignment, in my limited experience with him.
care to show me the game where that is the case?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Im going to be now guys :) See you tomorrow :hugs:
ImageImage

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

and this is why i am a low quaility poster, the more i post the more suspect ppl get on me

*shrugs*

kinda wish i could self vote
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote: Thank you. In response I'd say that Wilgy acts like this every game and it's not indicative of his alignment, in my limited experience with him.
There's several of them. We've played together in Rocky & Bullwinkle, Arrested Development, and Zodiac, and I've observed him in a few others as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
There's several of them. We've played together in Rocky & Bullwinkle, Arrested Development, and Zodiac, and I've observed him in a few others as well.
as in a link to it?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

and was he scum in them?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
as in a link to it?
Rocky and Bullwinkle is right beneath this one on the Syndicate's main page right now. Other past games can be found in the Museum of Mafioso. He's been scum in at least two of these games (Zodiac and Arrested Development).
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

ok i glanced zodiac breifly and i already notice some difffrences.

like i said, hes being derpy and lacks an awareness, in those gaem he has a slight more focus on it
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
*shrugs*

In response to that, I'm down Ika
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

and the counterwagon grows more......

i wonder what it will look like after i flip town
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

ika wrote:and the counterwagon grows more......

Pretty fun for me at least. If it's between you or gleam I couldn't care either way. Ooh... We should make it a tie!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

DrWilgy wrote:
ika wrote:and the counterwagon grows more......

Pretty fun for me at least. If it's between you or gleam I couldn't care either way. Ooh... We should make it a tie!
dude that would beso much fun

i love leaving stuff to random
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have you figured it out yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I haven't looked at indiglo's posts yet, so let's do that now. This is the one that stands out most to me:
indiglo wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:My general strategy is to point out things that I don't like.

Gleam do you understand my confusion at your policy of "I'd rather not lynch civs Day 1 than try to lynch scum" in this format? I mentioned it earlier but that was in the big spoilered post and I want to make sure I get the chance to talk to you about this.
Mmm, I had missed you addressing me in that spoiler post. Apologies.

Yeah, the way you put it makes sense. I was kind of operating under the principle that both mafia families were the traditional "civilians" of the game , and that's kind of how they're being treated by everyone here. But it is, in the end, going to boil down to which family is left standing. It's not something I'd really considered, nor anyone else as far as I can see. The cops are the more imminent threat.
This is what I am still pondering about this game. The set up is such that yes, hunting cops is preeminent. Beyond that, I am just really not sure how to even begin to approach things. Beyond cops there are no "baddies" to hunt. Not sure what kind of patterns to look for, or even what to look for. I've not played a game set up like this, so at first I'm just kind of trying to figure out how tf to even approach it.
This part worries me a little bit. I do not get your gripe that "beyond cops there are no baddies to hunt." What does this mean? Should there be more bad guys? This post hints that you are preoccupied with sussing out something more than just who's a cop and who's not. What else are you trying to figure out, and why? This is a unique setup, but the Town vs. Scum dynamic isn't really changed at all.
I honestly do not like how Matt was badgering (crap, now I forgot who he was badgering :haha: ) about having so many reads so quickly. Like, being super close minded about the tunnel vision and not open to hearing the whys of it. Just focusing on the time of it, rather than the actual mechanics of what went on. Because something similar happened to me in a game recently - and I got mislynched because of it. Can't know if this is a similar case, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth and this reminded me of that.
This is one of the most substantial reads you've given so far and I dig it. Care to follow up on Golden, the badger victim, or share any other reads you've got?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Serge wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for missing out on the last day. I've read up until page 15, hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow.

I'm quite surprised at the number of new players in this specific game. The thread is going so fast and references on other games flash by here and there. Let us be civil(no pun intended), it seems some sparks are flying.

Who/what is a linki? When I catch up hopefully I'll be able to form a clearer picture. If it doesn't come in that form, I'll make that investigation board instead. No matter what happens, I'll cast a vote this day phase.
Hello again Serge, "linki" refers to when a new post pops up during the time you are typing your own new post.

What would you say is your general strategy on Days 1 & 2 of a Mafia game? Has this game been busier than what you are accustomed to?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Sorry Wilgy. I can't vote for you anymore. Something else came up.
Nerolunar wrote:Wait, quite a few people have been voicing disagreement against the Gleam wagon. Is this a coordinated cop effort to steer the thread in a specific direction? :ponder:
Go on...

Uh-huh. Nerolunar. Is the thread being steered? Who is doing the driving?
Sloonei wrote:
Have you figured it out yet?
No. A grammar and spelling manual would do wonders. :meany:
ika wrote:i do analize them
Ooooow. :puppy:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I keep trying to get him to analize you, Epi, but he just won't budge.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
ika wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
----
Scotty wrote:And lol. If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq? I was probably his main detractor! This kill seems totally random, or switched via Daisy power.
This was exactly the point I was trying to make. Under normal circumstances people would take Tranq's arrest as a civ-tell for Scotty. There is no good reason why Tranq would be the target if it was anybody but Scotty doing the arrest. I don't think we should be relying on daisy's intervention as an excuse because we have no idea as to what it did.
:suspish: you just won't let this go, will you?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:I keep trying to get him to analize you, Epi, but he just won't budge.
i thought i mentions i have an idea about sevral peoples roles......

i guess i should ofbeen more exptive saying that i think i know epis role
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:I keep trying to get him to analize you, Epi, but he just won't budge.
Neither will either of my cheeks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
ika wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
----
:suspish: you just won't let this go, will you?
teehee :cloud9:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
sig wrote:I don't like this huge bandwagon on gleam, espacilly since nobody has ever actually explained their suspicion of him, or if they have I don't remember it.

I've got a slight mafia gut read on Wilgy.

Also I find it odd how quite Zebra/LC seem to be this game.
I agree with this. I am mostly caught up and I really don't understand how Gleam has so many votes so early in the day. I understand votes are changeable but with this level it's making a statement and I don't understand the case.
This is where I'm at. Scotty's vote seems questionable to me, I haven't looked at the other votes in depth yet. Scotty said he was voting for Gleam "Because", and then when asked to elaborate, he said:
Scotty wrote:As for me voting gleam: it's mostly a continuation suspicion of my night 1 eyeing of him for being a floppy pancake. But I'm far too lazy to look it up right now. About to enter a poker tournament.

This isn't just. Throwaway vote on a wagon. It's just gut, and he happens to have a bunch of votes piles on as well, so there's that.
So idk, but putting the sixth vote on a wagon more than 24 hours before the lynch deadline, when it doesn't look like a "pressure vote" or like it's furthering the read, well it looks like it's just there. I feel like I can't judge Scotty's motives until the Day is over and I see what else he does with his vote, but right now I feel like he's just gonna keep it parked there until deadline and that feels weird to me for reasons I can't really articulate.
Sometimes I feel like I'm closer to those I don't know, and end up pushing away friends as a side effect.

This is called Mauerbauertraurigkeit.

i placed 18th in the poker tournament. Not bad. :slick:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”