Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Matt »

Player 1 - "Dang it's too bad there's so many inactives/low posters."

Player 2 - "Fo sho, they should play."

Bubbles - "Hey guys, trying to play, gonna go ahead and vote SVS."

Town - "Lynch dat Bubbles! She thinks she can just come out of nowhere and play the game??"

Way to give incentive to the other low posters to play, town.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Player 1 - "Dang it's too bad there's so many inactives/low posters."

Town - "Lynch dat Bubbles! She thinks she can just come out of nowhere and play the game??"

What, you think all ekeknat, bass and equivocate need is incentive? The reason they aren't here is because we haven't incentivised it enough?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:Player 1 - "Dang it's too bad there's so many inactives/low posters."

Matt nooooo
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Matt nooooo
Lol. Just occurred to me when catching up. No doubt I'm doing what Zebra says I do..."misrepresenting", but that's how I viewed it.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Am not and will not vote bubbles. Here's what I observe.

1. Bubbles comes in and posts because she hasn't in ages. Understandably without context and scummy looking ie. Bubbles posted like Bubbles.

2. Players looking for somewhere to point the finger react with incredulity as though this is an unusual thing for Bubbles to do.

3. Votes start being made towards Bubbles.

Bubbles was terribly mislynched (primarily by yours truly) in Star Wars. I won't repeat that again.

I am voting for Golden.
Although you've threatened to do that a couple of times, I am surprised to see you follow through.

Want to give any reasons why?
I think you are le bad guy.
I'll take that as a no.
No, I would like to lynch you without giving you the opportunity to argue with it tbh.
Well, I would like to go a game as a civ where you don't suspect me, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

Here's one thing I will say though - if you go getting me lynched after I've had your back despite needing you lynched, the next time I need you dead I won't give a shit before trying to take you out.

I don't think you even think I'm bad. I think for you it's just sport.
I resigned myself to being killed days ago and I mentally checked out tbh.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I don't know anything of Bubbles except what I see in this game. If I've played with her before I've totally forgotten. For some of you who are speaking up on her normal style can you tell me another game she played in? I know she doesn't have many posts but I'm going to look at her posts here in comparison to another game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

I am getting very paranoid about this. I still would rather lynch Glorfindel, and if he flips bad then lynch Bubbles. It just seems so convenient.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

I'm down for either one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:I don't know anything of Bubbles except what I see in this game. If I've played with her before I've totally forgotten. For some of you who are speaking up on her normal style can you tell me another game she played in? I know she doesn't have many posts but I'm going to look at her posts here in comparison to another game.
Never mind telling me a game - I found a really easy way to determine what games someone has been in.

I read her posts in Star Wars and found the posts much like this game. I'm not positive but I believe she was good in Star Wars. I then read her posts in AWR and again, they seemed similar to this game. She seemed to be good in that game. Then in Recruitment her style differed - she was much more involved and posted almost every day. No big gaps like there were in the other games. She was also good in that game. As a matter of fact, I found reference in one of these games that she had always been good in all the games she's played here (I think this is the twelfth), not that it makes any difference because just because you're good in every game doesn't mean you will be good in every other.

So basically I learned nothing. She has posted the same and differently in other games and still been good. I guess I would say I don't lean bad on her due to game style comparison. Lorab's questions though point to a myriad of things wrong with what she has posted which means I can't dismiss her entirely. Oh, and I was mistaken I have played with her before but just didn't remember.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Bubbles' vote today reminds me of her absolutely ludicrous vote for me in Star Wars - IIRC hers was the weirdest vote out of what will go down as my most BS lynch in history. As has already been pointed out, she was a civ there.

(Also of note - Mac constantly hounded me talking about how I was obviously a dumb baddie and it turned out he was the dumb one all along!)
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Typhoony wrote:"Ey Typh I'm not looking at you because of your voting record. Nah, I'm looking at you because of this Mac vote you made during the sabie lynch".
Yeah that sure does look like you're suspecting me because of my voting record df, so don't give me that bs. Good thing that you made all these throwaway votes during the baddie lynches huh?
Made the 3rd vote on Sig when Nero already had 6, put the 2nd vote on sprit when sabie already had 5, 2nd vote on sprit again when Floyd had 5. All in all you probably have the worst voting record in this game.
It's not that you voted Mac per se, it's that that particular wave of Mac voters had very slight reasons and felt like a Sabie save attempt to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

I'm not finding anything in the Mac voters' posts though, so I was probably wrong about that. Bubbles' vote here is really weird and has little reasoning behind it, so I'm voting her since I might not be back again this phase.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Once again, how many years have you played with Typh? Have you ever seen him save anyone?

Do you have any opinion of Bubbles vote, and how it does or does not reflect on Glorfindel? Her timing was amazing, his wide eyed, "Why would you lynch Bubbles" has me worried she actually IS civ, especially with Goldens promise to lynch Glorfindel if she flips bad.

linki, OK.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:especially with Goldens promise to lynch Glorfindel if she flips bad.
What does that have to do with it? Or is it that you are still convinced I would be on a team with glorfindel.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What changed to make you think differently?

This whole thing with Bubbles has me very paranoid.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:What changed to make you think differently?

Are you paranoid because you think she might be civ or because you think she might be bad?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bubbles fly by vote, your immediate reaction to it was the same as mine, and makes me think I could have been wrong about glorfindel.

Also, the fact that if he and bubbles were teammates, him pushing the angle of 'the law of averages dictates more active regulars must account for most of the rest of the baddies' and his push against people lynching 'newbies' (aka TS career low posters). And then, when I thought about the sabie team choice of kills... bea, sorsha, sig... it all does fit with someone who might be hoping to get the most loud and combative players to turn on each other. Bubbles being his baddie teammate actually does make a lot of sense with his post history.

I still think he was genuinely hinting at the start of the game, with the idea of hinting cop 2. And he could still be cop 2. But I find a bubbles lynch more palatable to test my theory than a glorfindel lynch simply because glorfindel has (imo) really tried to contribute, and if he is town I appreciate that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:

Are you paranoid because you think she might be civ or because you think she might be bad?
SVS can tell me if I'm wrong (and I think it's good to test it). I think she is paranoid because she thinks I might be bad, and because I was willing to vote bubbles.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, the reason I say I think Mac is voting me for 'sport' not because he thinks I am bad is that I think Mac would have tracked me now, possibly even twice (even and odd), and he will know I haven't targetted any baddies. Not that this necessarily rules me out entirely, but he certainly hasn't caught me in the act.

Wifom time - if I was bad, I would have NKed Mac long ago. I need him dead to win. If I am bad, I have no compunction taking out someone I need dead to win.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:

I am worried she might be civ. Your ISO ramped that up for me. Since the whole "Let's lynch Bubbles first, if she's bad, then we lynch Glorfindel" thing followed by Glorfindels wide eyed innocence when he questioned why anyone would vote Bubbles makes me very nervous; very nervous, indeed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
juliets wrote:

I am worried she might be civ. Your ISO ramped that up for me. Since the whole "Let's lynch Bubbles first, if she's bad, then we lynch Glorfindel" thing followed by Glorfindels wide eyed innocence when he questioned why anyone would vote Bubbles makes me very nervous; very nervous, indeed.
I can understand that. I don't object to glorfindel going first. Even if I end up getting lynched for it before bubbles, I think at this point if glorf flipped bad then bubbles is his teammate.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:

Bubbles fly by vote, your immediate reaction to it was the same as mine, and makes me think I could have been wrong about glorfindel.

Also, the fact that if he and bubbles were teammates, him pushing the angle of 'the law of averages dictates more active regulars must account for most of the rest of the baddies' and his push against people lynching 'newbies' (aka TS career low posters). And then, when I thought about the sabie team choice of kills... bea, sorsha, sig... it all does fit with someone who might be hoping to get the most loud and combative players to turn on each other. Bubbles being his baddie teammate actually does make a lot of sense with his post history.

I still think he was genuinely hinting at the start of the game, with the idea of hinting cop 2. And he could still be cop 2. But I find a bubbles lynch more palatable to test my theory than a glorfindel lynch simply because glorfindel has (imo) really tried to contribute, and if he is town I appreciate that.
But, even so, there's a 1 in 8 chance that cop 2 is bad (taking the 2 cops that we know about, 1 good one bad, out of the equation).

I'd be more comfortable with a bubbles lynch, having found bubbles suspish since early on. But at this point, I could probably be convinced of a glorf lynch. The more he pushes the everyone having made up their mind attitude, the less convincing I find it. And I still don't like how he's been playing the newbie card.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
juliets wrote:

I can understand that. I don't object to glorfindel going first. Even if I end up getting lynched for it before bubbles, I think at this point if glorf flipped bad then bubbles is his teammate.
But not if Bubbles flips civ, amirite?

You can understand why I am paranoid, right?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

SVS, can you spell out what you're saying? I'm confused.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I think Bubbles might be trying to save Glorf-- regardless, I just read her post as not-civ.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
juliets wrote:

But not if Bubbles flips civ, amirite?

You can understand why I am paranoid, right?
Yes. You are paranoid because you think I am glorfindel's teammate trying to save glorf by lynching bubbles. Although, as I already said to someone earlier, Bubbles being civ is not going to convince anyone about glorfindel.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Or maybe not because you think I am, but because you can see that as an option.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Glorfy

Nobody wants to touch my susses, and though he could very well be cop 2, I think it's more likely Glorfy is Mafia or Two-Face.
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:Glorfy

Nobody wants to touch my susses, and though he could very well be cop 2, I think it's more likely Glorfy is Mafia or Two-Face.
"Your susses"?

Aren't you the buttface that had that whole big post about why Glorfindel is Two Face?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Matt wrote:Glorfy

"Your susses"?

Aren't you the buttface that had that whole big post about why Glorfindel is Two Face?
Yup. I was down with keeping him alive due to the fact that he's half-civ, if true, but that doesn't change the fact that a whole civ would still need him dead.

And yeah, my susses. Nobody wants to lynch TH and everyone's cool beans with Mac still being alive, so I'm goin' Glorfy.
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If you have a problem with Mac being alive maybe you should NK him

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:If you have a problem with Mac being alive maybe you should NK him
Still feeling kinda bad for NKing Sorsha. :puppy:

I'll think about it, tho.
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:If you have a problem with Mac being alive maybe you should NK him

Um, what?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

LoRab wrote:
Matt wrote:

Um, what?
You takin' me seriously over there, Lorab? Good, what do you think of Turnips?
Image Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Even though I do agree that Bubbles' post was shady as fuck, I'm not immediately interested in lynching her. Now, If people think it's a save attempt for Glorfindel, then why not vote Glorfindel to see if that makes sense?

You've got my eye now, DF. Genuine is not what I would call your suspicion of Bullz/me, seemed more like you wanted to generate some content and then realized that the reason for your suspicions made no sense since you're doing worse in that regard.

Glorfindel, I think you are a really cool person, but I do think you are bad so I'm voting you.

Also, I will not have a lot of time the upcoming weekend, so expect even less from me :P
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Typhoony wrote:Even though I do agree that Bubbles' post was shady as fuck, I'm not immediately interested in lynching her. Now, If people think it's a save attempt for Glorfindel, then why not vote Glorfindel to see if that makes sense?

You've got my eye now, DF. Genuine is not what I would call your suspicion of Bullz/me, seemed more like you wanted to generate some content and then realized that the reason for your suspicions made no sense since you're doing worse in that regard.

Glorfindel, I think you are a really cool person, but I do think you are bad so I'm voting you.

Also, I will not have a lot of time the upcoming weekend, so expect even less from me :P
I actually agree with like... all of this.

glorf glorf
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm also going with Glorfindel today. I've been unsure about him for a long while but he is playing the same game he did in Star Wars. And I do see how he talks around things instead of giving direct answers like he did in Pikmin. So i feel like I have no other choice but to give him my vote. As Typh said, I really think you're a cool guy Glorf and I hope you play many, many more games with us on this site if you get lynched this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Matt wrote:

Um, what?
You takin' me seriously over there, Lorab? Good, what do you think of Turnips?
I mean, sarcastic orange was invented for a reason.

I feel fairly neutral about TH. He's not screaming bad to me. I know you're convinced that he was lying about being cursed, because you're convinced about who was doing the cursing, but I don't think you're correct on that.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Thank you! :yay:
You're welcome. :goofp:

Linki - I think I've changed my mind. Let's lynch Glorfy.
Kind of a running joke, isn't it, Matt?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I've had an eye on Glorf for a while now, don't have a problem with voting that way today.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:I've had an eye on Glorf for a while now, don't have a problem with voting that way today.
Lol. Weren't you the guy who popped up out of nowhere, several times, defending Glorf early in the game? :smoky:
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I 'defended' him against your argument he was definitely Two-Face because he'd been saying synonyms of the word two. More recently I've commented on how I feel like he looks similar to his Star Wars play and have mentioned a few things he's done I've taken issue with.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No Golden I haven't tracked you but thanks for pointing out that you haven't targeted any baddies.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:No Golden I haven't tracked you but thanks for pointing out that you haven't targeted any baddies.
Haha you know what I mean.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You are not enough of a dick to be civ Golden. Like how earlier I pointed out that I am a dick as a civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Am not and will not vote bubbles. Here's what I observe.

1. Bubbles comes in and posts because she hasn't in ages. Understandably without context and scummy looking ie. Bubbles posted like Bubbles.

2. Players looking for somewhere to point the finger react with incredulity as though this is an unusual thing for Bubbles to do.

3. Votes start being made towards Bubbles.

Bubbles was terribly mislynched (primarily by yours truly) in Star Wars. I won't repeat that again.

I am voting for Golden.
Although you've threatened to do that a couple of times, I am surprised to see you follow through.

Want to give any reasons why?
I think you are le bad guy.
I'll take that as a no.
No, I would like to lynch you without giving you the opportunity to argue with it tbh.
Well, I would like to go a game as a civ where you don't suspect me, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

Here's one thing I will say though - if you go getting me lynched after I've had your back despite needing you lynched, the next time I need you dead I won't give a shit before trying to take you out.

I don't think you even think I'm bad. I think for you it's just sport.
This post is manipulative. You have my back because you believe I am a civ so you say. But this sounds like you are thinking more from a cred gain point of view. Annoyed I haven't offered you the cred you were hoping to get.

I think that second paragraph is actually a lament of you not having killed me. Tbh you being a Mafioso would explain the lack of a Mac kill since you have been working on buddying me all game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:You are not enough of a dick to be civ Golden. Like how earlier I pointed out that I am a dick as a civ.
You are just a dick. There is a difference. :p

Seriously though, you don't want to engage in fights with me, and thats fine. I won't engage in them with you either. It is nice of you to give some actual suspicions, and I understand why you have them.

You are wrong about me, as you have been in every single game we've played together. You suspect me constantly. The only time you didn't was in World Reborn. One day you'll learn your lesson. If it is this game that finally drums it into you, then good.

PS how much of a dick I am being is not alignment indicative. In any event, I feel like I've been more of a dick in this game than I have been for a while, it's an outworking of how much time I actually have to play. I think I'm more of a dick the less time I have to play.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What would be my lesson Mr Condescension.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:What would be my lesson Mr Condescension.
That you can't read me for shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I thought you said I was just fucking around. Now I can't read you. Which is it?

Return to “Previous Jobs”