Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Enrique »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Dude I don't want to be sucked back in. I want to die so I can leave the game. Do yo thing.
Wait, what? Why do you want to leave the game? I would hate to see that happen, you're very entertaining.
why do you have so many posts where are they
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
Prisoner 208986 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Dude I don't want to be sucked back in. I want to die so I can leave the game. Do yo thing.
Wait, what? Why do you want to leave the game? I would hate to see that happen, you're very entertaining.
why do you have so many posts where are they
Biblical mafia, probably.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

oh nvm didnt think to click "All"
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Poll has no end timer lol
Day 8 ends at 10:30pm EST.
Getting ready for my Sig's 10:31pm EST rezz party time.
fixed :beer:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:
Back in your cell, inmate!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Arkham Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who killed Sorsha?

Bass_the_Clever
No votes

Bubbles
Golden (12), DFaraday (14)
8%

Bullzeye
No votes

DharmaHelper
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

Dom
No votes

ekeknat
No votes

Enrique
No votes

Equivocate
No votes

Golden
MacDougall (13), Dom (24)
8%

Glorfindel
MovingPictures07 (9), S~V~S (10), Matt (15), Typhoony (16), Enrique (17), juliets (18), Bullzeye (19), DharmaHelper (20), LoRab (22), Turnip Head (23)
42%

juliets
No votes

Lorab
No votes

MacDougall
No votes

Matt
No votes

MovingPictures07
No votes

S~V~S
Bubbles (11), Glorfindel (21)
8%

Turnip Head
No votes

Typhoony
No votes

Falcone (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Sorsha (2), AceofSpaces (3), Metalmarsh89 (4), Quin (5), a2thezebra (6), sig (7), Scotty (8)
33%

Total votes : 24
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Last Thing We Needed
Officer Glorfindel was shot and killed by an unruly mob in downtown Gotham Thursday night. He is yet another upright member of the GCPD who has fallen in the wake of the Arkham breakout and resultant chaos in Gotham City.

He is survived by his wife Baralineth, his son Iúlion, daughter Galenaswen, and their beloved Rottweiler Elrond.
Glorfindel has been lynched. He was a member of the GCPD, badge number 8.

It is now Night 8. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

And there you have it. I told the truth all along...

After the last couple of weeks, I don't intend at this point to follow this game any further. Consequently, I'd like to thank our hosts now for all the hard work they've done to keep this game going - you've done an incredible job guys! I'd like to thank those of you who supported me and believed in me throughout this game but sadly, that'd be a very short list. I wish my team all the best - I hope you guys win in the end despite my contribution.

I'd like to say this has been lots of fun but it really hasn't been. I haven't lied to any of you once all game and I don't intend to start now. I haven't enjoyed playing this game and I've come to realise that I don't like the person I am when I'm playing. I intend now to take a break from Mafia and from this site specifically for a long, long time. Maybe one day in the distant future when I become comfortable being duplicitous and cynical of the motivations of others, when I become insensitive and careless of the respect that I currently feel I owe all of you, I'll return and we can play again. It won't be as Glorfindel however (so feel free to delete my account) - you lynched him and there's clearly no place for someone like him on this site. Farewell!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Glorfindel wrote:And there you have it. I told the truth all along...

After the last couple of weeks, I don't intend at this point to follow this game any further. Consequently, I'd like to thank our hosts now for all the hard work they've done to keep this game going - you've done an incredible job guys! I'd like to thank those of you who supported me and believed in me throughout this game but sadly, that'd be a very short list. I wish my team all the best - I hope you guys win in the end despite my contribution.

I'd like to say this has been lots of fun but it really hasn't been. I haven't lied to any of you once all game and I don't intend to start now. I haven't enjoyed playing this game and I've come to realise that I don't like the person I am when I'm playing. I intend now to take a break from Mafia and from this site specifically for a long, long time. Maybe one day in the distant future when I become comfortable being duplicitous and cynical of the motivations of others, when I become insensitive and careless of the respect that I currently feel I owe all of you, I'll return and we can play again. It won't be as Glorfindel however (so feel free to delete my account) - you lynched him and there's clearly no place for someone like him on this site. Farewell!
:hugs:

We don't delete accounts mate, especially not for such a fine person as yourself. It's tough to sit down and play a game of mafia sometimes, and it's especially tough to play game-after-game for extended periods of time. I hope you enjoy your break, and if you do come back to play here, just know that you are welcome with open arms.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 8]

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I echo the sentiments of the marmot
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

I have never come across a Glorfindel before. What an utterly magnificent and unusual human being. Mafia is not for Glorfindels though.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:I have never come across a Glorfindel before. What an utterly magnificent and unusual human being. Mafia is not for Glorfindels though.
I disagree. Based on his last post, you'd think anyone would agree with you, but I think he was just highly disappointed to be lynched after trying so hard to defend himself.

Glorfy, if you come back to read this, I hope you change your mind. There's always going to be games where you're civvie and people want to lynch your ass anyway. My favorite game of all time, World Reborn, I was civvie and the lynch mob had their way with me, but oh well, them's the breaks. Hopefully you change your mind sooner rather then later, and we will be seein' ya! :beer:

I think I want to lynch Lorab, but I'm not entirely sure why. Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not sure how you could disagree since your point is exactly why I think Mafia isn't for him. If you expect defences at face value to be accepted then there is no game and if your reaction to that is as emotional as his was I would encourage him to not play because it's not healthy.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:I'm not sure how you could disagree since your point is exactly why I think Mafia isn't for him. If you expect defences at face value to be accepted then there is no game and if your reaction to that is as emotional as his was I would encourage him to not play because it's not healthy.
Please. In this very game, one of our vets is talking about taking his toys and going home after the game ends, in multiple games I play people threaten to quit cuz nobody likes them (I think you've done this several times)...haha what are you talking about?

Glorf's good to go. He'll realize how much fun he had defending himself and realize he's one of us now. Muhahahaha!
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

RIP Glorf. :( I hope you will come back sometime!
Matt wrote: in multiple games I play people threaten to quit cuz nobody likes them
I feel like this happens several times in every game these days.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Hey Mac, where's Hugo Strange?

Or whoever wants to answer.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Typhoony wrote: You've got my eye now, DF. Genuine is not what I would call your suspicion of Bullz/me, seemed more like you wanted to generate some content and then realized that the reason for your suspicions made no sense since you're doing worse in that regard.
I thought the surge of Mac votes was worth looking into, I went over y'all's posts, and I didn't find anything shady, so I dropped it. Would you rather I keep hounding you despite a lack of evidence?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm not sure how you could disagree since your point is exactly why I think Mafia isn't for him. If you expect defences at face value to be accepted then there is no game and if your reaction to that is as emotional as his was I would encourage him to not play because it's not healthy.
Please. In this very game, one of our vets is talking about taking his toys and going home after the game ends, in multiple games I play people threaten to quit cuz nobody likes them (I think you've done this several times)...haha what are you talking about?

Glorf's good to go. He'll realize how much fun he had defending himself and realize he's one of us now. Muhahahaha!
Glorfindel quit a game as a bad guy because he didn't want to lie to people. Please stfu.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:

:stare:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I honestly don't understand why anyone needs to be mean about glorf
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:I honestly don't understand why anyone needs to be mean about glorf
For reals bro.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:I honestly don't understand why anyone needs to be mean about glorf
Who is being mean?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yeah I don't think either of us were being mean. Well besides you telling me to stfu. :meany:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Certainly not I

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry for misreading your intents, Glorf. I think you seem like a good person and good player and hope you realize that, in mafia, accusations are against a role and not the player themselves. I hope your break is helpful for you.
Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I have never come across a Glorfindel before. What an utterly magnificent and unusual human being. Mafia is not for Glorfindels though.
I disagree. Based on his last post, you'd think anyone would agree with you, but I think he was just highly disappointed to be lynched after trying so hard to defend himself.

Glorfy, if you come back to read this, I hope you change your mind. There's always going to be games where you're civvie and people want to lynch your ass anyway. My favorite game of all time, World Reborn, I was civvie and the lynch mob had their way with me, but oh well, them's the breaks. Hopefully you change your mind sooner rather then later, and we will be seein' ya! :beer:

I think I want to lynch Lorab, but I'm not entirely sure why. Hrm.
I think that is a terrible idea.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
The Last Thing We Needed
This scene is famously representative for Nolan's poor handling of extras - at least if you follow trolls on the internet laughing hard at it. Take the seated man wearing black in the middle of the frame. Spot him again 1:06 into this clip, not knowing what the hell to do with his face (or being super high).

Lady at 0:07 isn't better at it, either.

Glorfindel wrote:And there you have it. I told the truth all along...

Stay strong, Glorfindel, and give it a bit of time. It hurts, it gives into thoughts of quitting, it might even feel like actively hating certain people, but after a week or so, the feelings might bottle up, shrink down to the size of an irrelevant pea and resolve on their own. Not sure about the feeling of being uncomfortable with playing a game of duplicity and cynicism, I'm personally fine with this aspect, but with the right amount of time off, any bad experience might fade away afterwards, instead of feeling like it severed ties with the community or with who you were as a player. Bit philosophical, but hopefully you get my drift. Tenna' ento lye omenta. :beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:
Glorfy, if you come back to read this, I hope you change your mind. There's always going to be games where you're civvie and people want to lynch your ass anyway. My favorite game of all time, World Reborn, I was civvie and the lynch mob had their way with me, but oh well, them's the breaks.
:feb:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt wrote:

Glorfindel quit a game as a bad guy because he didn't want to lie to people. Please stfu.
The thread is not the place to discuss this. Please do not.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Glorfindel, I am sorry I was wrong about you.

I understand frustration; perhaps we have more in common than you might think. Whatever you eventually decide, I for one will be happy should you choose to return :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Come down ye Dom, from yonder pedestal.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Come down ye Dom, from yonder pedestal.
Remove thine stick from betwixt thy rosey bottom cheeks.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Glorfindel. Sorry I was wrong about you. :(

Town... looking at you Mac... we need to step up our game now. There's a lot of players who haven't received much attention yet but I don't feel like being the only one running around questioning them. Mac, until you're dead plz help us, k? Matt, stop tunneling about the fucking riddler thing or I'm coming after you next, you've been coasting for days. DH, I think you're an inmate bro but if you give us some of that sweet town energy I don't mind sharing a win with you :P Typh, your posts today when questioned look a lot like "I'm better at this game than you" which isn't very helpful, I think you're on my radar. MP I know you're busy but we need your help to sort this out. Bass... come back to us Bass, for god's sake come back.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TH, I'm doubting we'll see Bass.

What are you thinking, TH? Bubbles? I think her post was bad regardless of Glorfindel's alignment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:TH, I'm doubting we'll see Bass.

What are you thinking, TH? Bubbles? I think her post was bad regardless of Glorfindel's alignment.
I think it was juliets who did a good job demonstrating how Bubbles' posts are always weird and she's always civ. I'm hesitant to make any sort of read on her based on the little we've seen.

I'm probably looking at Typh and Matt the most at this point. I can't help but feel like I should revisit my thoughts on you Dom, but I don't really want to lol. I've thought you were civ for a while now.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm not sure how I feel about Typh. I never understood what Glorf was trying to accuse him of. Matt is someone I have felt uneasy about all game, and I think we might be seeing a GoC Matt. Went hard at first and leveled off when he established a civ-tinfoil hat persona.

What do you think of Golden's interactions with Mac?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Coasting? Ha! You have no idea.

TH, we both know you lied lied lied about the Riddler. We both know it. You also came up with a pretty big whopper of a tale on Day 7, of which I won't go into details because I don't think I'm allowed to, but yeah, liar.

Anyway, as I did the day before with Glorfy, I'm going to be looking elsewhere because simply nobody else in town wants to see you for what you are. I'm not even quite sure...mafia or inmate?...def not civ or civ indy, though. If town ever wises up and looks your way, I'll be sure to plop a vote on you again.

Turnips, if not you, what do you think about Typh? I've been suss of him ever since he confirmed your Riddler tale (which, in turn, also makes Typh a liar). I notice he's on your list, so I'm curious whether you're willing to pull the trigger on him or if you'll try to lead the lynch against me instead. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt I'm not lying about the Riddler thing so I can't take anything you say seriously until you stop acting like I am. You have clearly reached a wrong conclusion somewhere. You've yet to even say why you think I'm lying.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like seriously, you've been blabbering about this for two weeks now and nobody agrees with you because it makes no sense.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I concur that nobody is agreeing with me on you and therefore, I'm willing to look elsewhere. Believe it or not, I find it better for the town that I look elsewhere. If I keep harping on you, nobody will want to lynch you cuz I'm me, so perhaps you'll slip up in some other way and somebody else will start gunning for you.

So you think Typh is a good lynch, yes? What do you think of Bullz?

Do you believe Mac is who he says he is, and the Mafia is just letting him live so a player like myself could point that out? I doubt it. I don't have very good feelings about Mac, either.

Elaborate on your feelings on Dom, please. He has come at me several times, each time I respond to his inquiries, then he's like "cool beans", only to go after me the next day again. At one point he even made a self admitted mistake coming after me, yet he still susses me. Weird.

(be back in about 30, runnin' up to the store)
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:Coasting? Ha! You have no idea.

TH, we both know you lied lied lied about the Riddler. We both know it. You also came up with a pretty big whopper of a tale on Day 7, of which I won't go into details because I don't think I'm allowed to, but yeah, liar.

Anyway, as I did the day before with Glorfy, I'm going to be looking elsewhere because simply nobody else in town wants to see you for what you are. I'm not even quite sure...mafia or inmate?...def not civ or civ indy, though. If town ever wises up and looks your way, I'll be sure to plop a vote on you again.

Turnips, if not you, what do you think about Typh? I've been suss of him ever since he confirmed your Riddler tale (which, in turn, also makes Typh a liar). I notice he's on your list, so I'm curious whether you're willing to pull the trigger on him or if you'll try to lead the lynch against me instead. :beer:
Matt, do you think you could be wrong about TH lying about this like you thought I was lying about things in A World Reborn? I never thought I lied to you. Do you think this could be a similar situation?
Matt wrote:I concur that nobody is agreeing with me on you and therefore, I'm willing to look elsewhere. Believe it or not, I find it better for the town that I look elsewhere. If I keep harping on you, nobody will want to lynch you cuz I'm me, so perhaps you'll slip up in some other way and somebody else will start gunning for you.

So you think Typh is a good lynch, yes? What do you think of Bullz?

Do you believe Mac is who he says he is, and the Mafia is just letting him live so a player like myself could point that out? I doubt it. I don't have very good feelings about Mac, either.

Elaborate on your feelings on Dom, please. He has come at me several times, each time I respond to his inquiries, then he's like "cool beans", only to go after me the next day again. At one point he even made a self admitted mistake coming after me, yet he still susses me. Weird.

(be back in about 30, runnin' up to the store)
I did make errors earlier. I have made a new point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Glorfindel.

Dom, I agree completely regarding seeing a GoC Matt. Who are your top 3 players you'd like to lynch at the moment, out of curiosity?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Blah.

Dom, it's possible I'm wrong on TH. In fact, I thought perhaps I was until I saw him lying...again...on Day 7. But again, let's move on. Until somebody else susses TH, I'm happy to simply not talk about it anymore. I think it sucks because he's totes bad, but I'm not interested in getting lynched because you guys think I'm tunneling too hard on him.

What's your "new point", Dom? Tell me how GoC Matt and Arkham Matt are similar. Because of the "tunneling" ? Nah, I was all over Marmot's ass in that game and I would not let go, I hung on to him for dear life. This game, I've had opinions aplenty. Yeah, I do continue to bring up TH, but now that I see the tide is turning and I'm going to get mislynched if I don't shut the fuck up, I suppose I'll do so for my own sake.

Check it...I like Marmot. When Marmot died, I PMed the hosts and was like "Who killed Marmot?! :mad: ". Check it, bea is one of my favorite people of all time here. When I had no choice but to kill her in GoC, I was pretty darn sad over it and that's when I literally had no choice. And WIFOM or not, I simply would not go around joking about NKing Sorsha if I were on either Mafia team. As a civ, I have no problem making jokes of that nature, as a baddie, I'd be way too scared to do that, straight up.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Okay, Matt is bad.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:Okay, Matt is bad.
Hehe

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

This is a nothing post. Elaborate, please.

And why have you waited until three different players suss me until you made that post full of nothing up there? Is this the same Enrique who helped me lynch Nero earlier this game?
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:
This is a nothing post. Elaborate, please.

And why have you waited until three different players suss me until you made that post full of nothing up there? Is this the same Enrique who helped me lynch Nero earlier this game?

Delicious

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hrm. Question for those who think I'm bad...

Do you think I'm on Nero or sabie's team?

If you think I'm on Nero's team, then you believe I bussed him early on in the game, and this in a game with 30 players and only 3 per Mafia (assuming Thorne didn't join a Mafia team). That is stupid. Of course that doesn't help me cuz peeps probably don't think too highly of my awesums intellect, but yeah, stupid.

If you think I'm on sabie's team, consider this. On Night 0, I voted Arkham. On Night 1, I voted Arkham again because I thought it might be a different message second time around. Guess who else voted Arkham on Night 1? sabie! Wow we're just the smartest mafia ever if we did that, fo sho.

You're wasting your time with me, I assure you. Please don't Glorfindel me :(

Linki - DH blah. Do you suddenly think I'm bad too? :confused:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:If you think I'm on Nero's team, then you believe I bussed him early on in the game, and this in a game with 30 players and only 3 per Mafia (assuming Thorne didn't join a Mafia team). That is stupid. Of course that doesn't help me cuz peeps probably don't think too highly of my awesums intellect, but yeah, stupid.
Btw, I very much realize that I accused Enrique of bussing Nero, but that was different. In my version of those events, I saw Enrique bussing Nero because Enrique very much believed I targeted the Joker, and when I said "Nero", he had no choice but to go after him. I figured he feared my flip would cause people to go after Nero anyway (Enrique was under the assumption I had a targeting role, and I do not), and so bussing him early would be the smart option.

To simply go out of my way to say "Let's lynch Nero" for no reason, though, IS stupid.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TH answer Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think Matt is bad.

I don't think bubbles is bad. If Glorf had come back bad I would have.

Return to “Previous Jobs”