30%

Total votes: 20
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Re: [NIGHT 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Let's lynch chaindeath tomorrow. I think everyone agrees with that one, yes?
Boomslang!
Quin!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sockface!

Oh, wait...
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Let's lynch chaindeath tomorrow. I think everyone agrees with that one, yes?
I don't. I thought the almost-lynch of Chaindeath early in the game was a clear case of scapegoating.
What about Epi? We lynched two of the three major people for day 2. All three people who voted for him were civs. :nicenod:

I'd rather lynch Bloom or nero, not really seeing the chaindeath thing.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Quin wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I really want to take a leap of faith and trust Silver about ika.

Here's what my paranoia is doing to me - what if ika is scum and several scum team members are voting ika (a member of their team) for civ cred? (While they let a bunch of civs follow another mislynch.)
In that case we should lynch him and sort out the rest when we get there.

Well, I do think SW is town. Even with continued issues with miscommunication. Prisoner50 said we know who we trust, it's time to take a leap of faith. Ergo, I leap with her.

On the flip side, the past few times I have changed my vote close to EoD (even for what seemed like good reasons) it has not gone well for the lynch.

I know I am overthinking this, but then I overthink that too - which direction am I overthinking in? And that type of shit.
Do you think my suspicion of ika is faked?
No, I don't. I am not reading you as scum either. However some people I trust have been seeing you in that light for quite some time. So I'm led to consider why they think that, because I don't think their suspicion of you is faked either. Do they have info? Are they just incorrect?

I am in a pickle over the whole thing. And I feel like a dolt because of it, but I also have to congratulate all the cops on confusing me so well.
Prisoner aside, unless you have BTSC together then the person you trust the most could be manipulating you. If you don't scum read me, what makes you trust me less than the others? Because they lynched more people? Are you still suspicious of me? To answer both points, lynching ika would help you answer those questions.
Do you think I am manipulating indiglo?
Assuming I'm one of her safe and trusted good guys.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

thellama73 wrote:
I don't. I thought the almost-lynch of Chaindeath early in the game was a clear case of scapegoating.
Interesting. I never really noticed that phase of the game. I'll take a look before I continue to cry for the death of chaindeath.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silverwolf wrote:Like, everyone just wants to say I was wrong and I should accept that and not consider I might have reasons for thinking ika was the seemer. Like, not only dismissing it outright but making snide remarks to me about being wrong and yet ANOTHER assumption I don't know ika.

Town is gonna lose this game. It makes me sad.
Will you help to turn us around? Who are your suspects now that ika is gone?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Epi, You fucking asked me for my God damn reads so fuck off again!!
I also asked "Why?"

See?
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Like, everyone just wants to say I was wrong and I should accept that and not consider I might have reasons for thinking ika was the seemer. Like, not only dismissing it outright but making snide remarks to me about being wrong and yet ANOTHER assumption I don't know ika.

Town is gonna lose this game. It makes me sad.
ika is dead now. Who is bad? And why?
No he's not. He's arrested. I still think there's a chance he's the seemer.

Scum is in the group of Soneji, Draconus, Serge, you, Boomslang, Chaindeath, Nerolunar. Black

Everyone else is town. White
Silverwolf wrote:
indiglo wrote:Ok, but how does it make sense that the scum team would bus their Seemer when most of the obvious civs are NOT on board with said lynch? It is illogical. The Seemer's strength (as I see it) is that when all the civs get real suspish of him, and decide to lynch him, he throws a wrench in their thinking by Seeming civ. That was not the case here.

The Inglorious Civsters (pardon me for using that, even though it hasn't been voted on or notorized) were not on board with the ika vote. It makes zero sense to me that ika was the Seemer. ZERO.
Discounting this possibility outright is foolish. And just because ika didn't play how you'd expect the seemer to play, doesn't mean he isn't. Like I've said over and over, making everything black and white is how town loses.
:grin:
When you do not answer why, it makes it seem as though what you are saying is black or white. If you want to answer why, I'm still receptive, though you are more interested in telling me to fuck off.

Also, I don't agree with you about your boyfriend. Get over it.
Too bad. I don't cater to scum. I hope town wises up soon.
Then I guess it would be in everyone's best interest if I followed up my last post with an additional "Why?"

Why do you suspect all those people? A reminder that I'm definitely town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'd just like to say because of pride that I never read this game thread and everything I know about it has been puzzled together by continuing discussion.

#playingcatchupisnotnecessary
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've read everything and could get on board the chain train.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not like the way this game has gone since Day 2. We responded poorly to a cop lynch and are still paying for it. Let's focus on good old fashioned scum hunting from now on, folks.

Rainbow list coming at some point before the night ends, and maybe a couple ISOs.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:Actually wow, okay I just read up on things. I regret not being here at EOD. The fact anyone voted for Ika after chaindeath is very off putting to me. His post reeks. Also I dislike Th last minute vote. I think y'all might have been right about Enrique/Bloom. I could see Chain, TH, and maybe llama as there teammate. Possibly Nero also. Both have tunneled on players who arent major lynch trains. I also can't even recall Llama giving reads outside of who he thought was scum DDL and Quin.
I don´t see how you can think Im a teammate of Chaindeath. I have been advocating his lynch for a very long time now :nicenod:
Sure, Chaindeath is a great lynch, and so is Boomslang. It should have been one of them this day, though it does make it easier to work with SW as she is not as entangled with Ika anymore.

I agree with Prisoner 509 that we need to step up a bit if we really want to lynch more cops. We need to nail the objectively scummiest players as our first priority.

Linki - Exactly Sloonei.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

sig wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What about Epi? We lynched two of the three major people for day 2. All three people who voted for him were civs. :nicenod:

Mr. 509, chaindeath would like to disagree with you since he is, in fact part of everyone. He would not be a good lynch since it would only trouble his family more. He is a civi. :dead horse: Nero and chaindeath, he would like to point out, are not friendmates in the slightest. They have been trying to get the town to lynch one another for a large part of the game. If chaindeath had teammates he would avoid them like the plague.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Sloonei wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I'm still here, just getting ready to board a plane. :)

I think the ika wagon is loaded with cops.
I think there is three for sure.
Exactly three?

If I meant exactly three I would say there are three.... not for sure.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Exactly three?

oh wait, I was speaking Cheryl here. For sure means at least. If that wasn't clear. I think you thought I meant for sure = exactly.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Just caught up on the last couple of pages. Not fun to read.

I know it's nice to think Ika is the seemer, could be. We can't know for sure. At this point I don't think he was but I could be wrong. I don't think it's worth the argument.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Exactly three?

oh wait, I was speaking Cheryl here. For sure means at least. If that wasn't clear. I think you thought I meant for sure = exactly.

Oh shit. I don't think I've ever used THAT name around here. :blush:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

chaindeath wrote:
sig wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Mr. 509, chaindeath would like to disagree with you since he is, in fact part of everyone. He would not be a good lynch since it would only trouble his family more. He is a civi. :dead horse: Nero and chaindeath, he would like to point out, are not friendmates in the slightest. They have been trying to get the town to lynch one another for a large part of the game. If chaindeath had teammates he would avoid them like the plague.
I'm willing to take chaindeath's word on his own meta in this case. Let's believe for a moment that, when bad, he avoids calling attention to any sort of link between himself and his teammates.

Ctrl + F "Boom" & Enrique gives 3 results. One comes from chaindeath quoting the Warden's rainbow list, the other two come from this post where, funny enough, he's asking incredulously how he could possibly be linked to Boomslang?

"Quin" gives 8 results, and 3 posts featuring Chain actually discussing the quin. He seems to give a town read on him for reasons I am not entirely clear on. He also puts a vote on Scotty during one of these exchanges.

chaindeath had 0 interactions with Fuzz before he died, but chaindeath also only had like 4 posts at that point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Black Rock wrote:Just caught up on the last couple of pages. Not fun to read.

I know it's nice to think Ika is the seemer, could be. We can't know for sure. At this point I don't think he was but I could be wrong. I don't think it's worth the argument.
Yes, I am not going to assume that ika was the seemer. It's a possibility, but I have no way of knowing right now, so I'm not going to leap to that conclusion. I thought he was town before he was arrested and that's still true.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

although, being the Stool pigeon one would think he might have tried to save himself by using his role. Perhaps the player he selected is already dead or arrested, or perhaps he just dind't want to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Well, I'm not gonna keep going on and on about ika being the seemer although I'm pretty sure he is. We will find out soon enough and any further speculation is pointless.

Sloonei-I did give reasons for many of those reads throughout my ISO but I can do it again if needed.

Bottom line is many of them are laying low and trying to blend in without doing any actual scumhunting or game solving. I feel like scum is doing this, this game and that a lot of the active players are town. There could be an active scum or two but there is scum in the lurkers, I have no doubt about it. Nero and chaindeath were mostly because they game me the most pause when I did GTH reads. I realized I didn't have a good read on either of them and that made me suspicious. They need further ISO's from me. Next day, I'm most likely gonna support a Draconus or Boomslang lynch. I still think Draconus is scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silverwolf wrote:Well, I'm not gonna keep going on and on about ika being the seemer although I'm pretty sure he is. We will find out soon enough and any further speculation is pointless.

Sloonei-I did give reasons for many of those reads throughout my ISO but I can do it again if needed.

Bottom line is many of them are laying low and trying to blend in without doing any actual scumhunting or game solving. I feel like scum is doing this, this game and that a lot of the active players are town. There could be an active scum or two but there is scum in the lurkers, I have no doubt about it. Nero and chaindeath were mostly because they game me the most pause when I did GTH reads. I realized I didn't have a good read on either of them and that made me suspicious. They need further ISO's from me. Next day, I'm most likely gonna support a Draconus or Boomslang lynch. I still think Draconus is scum.
The fresher the reads the better. I will appreciate any cases you can share. I am also inclined to agree with your general assessment of the game. I am getting genuinely positive vibes from most of the players driving the discussion in this game, though I'm not going to be surprised if one or two of them are bad. I think we're dealing with some quieter scums in this game.
chaindeath and Scotty are my next two ISO targets, I just need to build up the enrrgy for it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I am all for reseting reads a little bit, though I'm still very perplexed how Boom did not get lynched yesterday. No matter what discussion ensues, I am voting there tomorrow. Quin is still my #1 but as far as mostly unanimous, I'm down with Boom to get the porkroast going. Chaindeath and Nero...they wouldn't start bussing each other day 1, would they? In a game with 6 scum, having 2 go at each other early and often isn't a terrible strategy. I feel stronger towards a chaindeath lynch, but in the off chance that one of Nero and chain is civ, I want to nab the right one. I don't feel strongly about Draconus one way r the other.

This might also be controversial, and I've been avoiding it because I don't feel like I want to attract her ire, but why is Silver considered civ again?

I believe SVS, Sloonei, indiglo, and to a lesser extent llama are town. TH is a coin flip. I feel he could go either way.

But damn we really need to lynch a cop before I can feel better about my reads. I've been kinda floundering since day 2, because (aside from DDL) no one I really wanted lynched has been lynched to affirm my suspicions. :shrug:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I haven't done a GTH read before as I can recall, and I feel like doing it. I don't know if this will help me or anyone at all.

Black Rock- town
Boomslang- scum
chaindeath- scum
Draconus- town
Epignosis- town
indiglo- town
Nerolunar- scum
Prisoner 509378- town
Quin- scum
Scotty- handy man
Serge- scum
sig- scum
Silverwolf- town
Sloonei- town
Soneji- town
S~V~S- town
thellama73- town
Turnip Head- scum

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So that was weird. I have 7 scum, and am pretty sure about 3 of them, but know that I'm definitely wrong about a couple. I just don't know which ones. TH was a surprising one, because I still can't pinpoint exactly what makes him scummy aside from his absence during our recent stretch of awful mislynches.
There's probably a thick chance that both Nero and chaindeath is bad, looking at the list. Serge or Soneji, as the lower posters, are also tossups.

I still apparently read sig as bad, considering he has contributed absolutely nothing to the town cause in lynches, and I don't really agree with a lot of what he said, but I'm still wondering if he's just sigging around and it's driving me crazy.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Scotty wrote:This might also be controversial, and I've been avoiding it because I don't feel like I want to attract her ire, but why is Silver considered civ again?
I've seen many players over the years who have shown this level of frustration when they feel their reads/contributions aren't being given the time of day (whether that's accurate or not). Nearly all of them have been town. I also think her current perspective of ika shows a healthy amount of town paranoia, and I don't think she'd have become quite so animated if she were attempting to pull wool over our eyes. Finding sincerity in her posts is perhaps the single easiest thing to do in this game.

Is there a reason you think she should be given more scrutiny?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Enrique's Day 1 was worthless. Dear departed Diiny was right to use the term "coy" to describe him. It doesn't look like the sort of coyness a townie might exhibit to keep his/her cards close to the chest, or even the kind that can serve as reaction-baiting. It looks like coyness for the sake of coyness, which is not to be associated with the town mindset of a player who gets as cranky about "bad town play" as Enrique does. I'm absolutely happy to murder Boomslang today too.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Hey Turnip Head:
Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What has changed about ika? He was one of the players you were actively trying to not lynch earlier.
Silverwolf's confidence and ika's subsequent reaction to that. I put a lot of stock into SO's being able to read each other's baddie games. I think I explained all this already...
Okay, but...

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:47 am
Turnip Head wrote:I don't think your case comes from a civvie mindset LC, it looks like you went through Nero's posts and picked out every little thing that you could interpret your way. It's not like we need some grand unifying evidence on a player to lynch them, Fuzz was lynched on a single mistake, and it's not like every post a baddie makes will look bad. I think you had your heart set on a Nero vote and then built the case. I also notice you have done this at the cost of discussing everything else going on. Where are your thoughts on sig and Quinn who each have quite a few votes? They're being suspected for behavior at EoD2 which was similar to yours, you should at least have an opinion on them.

I think you're a cop Long Con :mafia:
TH goes after Long Con.***

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:51 pm
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Long Con is bad y'all
No, but I am getting pretty sure about you TH.

LC is playing a pretty civ game and you should know that.
Black Rock, spouse of Long Con, clearly opposes that read.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:26 pm
Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Long Con is bad y'all
No, but I am getting pretty sure about you TH.

LC is playing a pretty civ game and you should know that.
I shouldn't know anything BR. I'll let LC from another game speak to my thoughts on the subject:
Long Con in another game wrote:DharmaHelper cleverly threw my own words back at me in the Champions Game. I don't know which game he dug this up from, but:
Long Con from a past game wrote:First of all, don't tell me what I "should know". It just makes me more suspicious of you. You don't know how I read you, how I analyze you, and how I remember your past play in games. You know how YOU do these things, but the things I know, remember, and analyze are not going to be the same as you.
My reasons for suspecting LC are not meta-based. What I see LC doing here is being fine with a sig or Quin lynch without pushing them. His own reasons for not finding Fuzz suspicious are similar to sig's and Quin's reasons, but he's not cutting them any slack. He's not pushing it because that would be hypocritical, but he's fine with those lynches happening. Put on your tinfoil hat for a minute, if sig or Quin is lynched and flips civ, that looks pretty good for LC, no?
Faced with Black Rock, spouse of Long Con, and her opposition to that read, TH does not budge. There is no evidence that he cares about Black Rock being Long Con's spouse what implications that might have on the accuracy of her read on Long Con.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:30 pm and onward toward EOD
Turnip Head wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Has anyone noticed sonjei has only 3 posts in this game and they are all crap? He was an ika voter as well.
Follow me onto LC my friend :keys:
Turnip Head wrote:Sig get your butt on this LC wagon! :grin:
Turnip Head wrote:
Quin wrote:Interesting note that everyone I've had not-so-good reads about so far is voting for sig. Except indiglo, he's civ.
All the cool kids are voting Long Con. #freesig2016
Afterwords, he presses the LC lynch with a more assertive bit of leadership.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote:fuck :ninja: RIP Long Con.
Long Con is lynched and flips civilian; this is TH's reaction.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:31 pm
Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Well you're on your own tomorrow siggy boy. I don't know where to go from here.
You could tell us just how accurate Black Rock's reads are this game?
0% as far as I'm concerned.
Craps on Black Rock's reads, suggesting she's at a ZERO PERCENT correctness rate -- despite her having just been correct about Long Con. If TH really thinks significant others read other more effectively than others read each other, then I'd expect him to at least make note of that trend's continuation or even realize it continued. Because remember, "he puts a lot of stock in it". He had to be reminded by DDL:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:35 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Well BR was right about LC, assuming no undercover cop and no cop BR. Apparently people's abilities to read their significant other in mafia is pretty good.
---------------------

So what's my point?

Turnip Head participated in the ika mislynch which was opposed by all of the game's most-consensus town reads. To disagree with them is understandable, but to vote apart from them in a crucial situation means he'd better have a good reason. His reason was what again?
Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What has changed about ika? He was one of the players you were actively trying to not lynch earlier.
Silverwolf's confidence and ika's subsequent reaction to that. I put a lot of stock into SO's being able to read each other's baddie games. I think I explained all this already...
He puts a lot of stock into significant others being able to read each other's baddie games. Note the care he takes to say "BADDIE GAMES" instead of just "read each other", which is essentially the same thing (to read someone as not being a baddie is to read them as being a townie 95% of the time). He didn't care whatsoever that Black Rock strongly opposed the lynch of her husband, and he spearheaded that lynch right in her face.

Now, despite nearly all of the most trustworthy voters staying planted on Boomrique, Turnip Head contributes to the ika mislynch entirely because of Silverwolf's read on her boyfriend. This is clear evidence of a strategic inconsistency on Turnip Head's part, and I think it's good evidence that the strategy doesn't actually exist. He made that crap up to justify supporting a terrible ika lynch at a crucial point in the game -- "gorsh Mickey I just thought Silverwolf's read should be followed!". No personal responsibility, based on a strategy he claims to believe strongly in -- but only when it suits him apparently.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I almost forgot my three asterisks:

*** Apart from the points being made above, Turnip Head's reasons for suspecting Long Con were absolutely silly. He essentially accused Long Con of tunneling, implied that tunneling is what baddies do, and then gave him crap for failing to focus on more names when in the process of writing a case against someone specific. That makes no sense, I don't believe for a minute that Turnip Head bought into his own case, it was a smearjob and he's bad.

Die cop die.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

There is no inconsistency. I specifically said I take it seriously when partners call each other out as baddies, civ reads between partners can be faked (see Epi getting fooled by Elo in Harry Potter for playing up her civ tells).

I thought LC was bad, I thought ika was bad, I take responsibility for both of those votes, so don't act like I'm not taking responsibility for them.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I almost forgot my three asterisks:

*** Apart from the points being made above, Turnip Head's reasons for suspecting Long Con were absolutely silly. He essentially accused Long Con of tunneling, implied that tunneling is what baddies do, and then gave him crap for failing to focus on more names when in the process of writing a case against someone specific. That makes no sense, I don't believe for a minute that Turnip Head bought into his own case, it was a smearjob and he's bad.

Die cop die.

I don't care if you thought my reasoning was silly, that's easy to say in hindsight. I believed in my case.

Also you clearly do not understand the nuances of my suspicion of LC if you boil it down to what you say here. But he's dead and he's town so I'm not going to belabor it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LC focusing on Nero while being ambivalent about sig and Quin was like, the crux of my suspicion, but you seem to have missed that. Talk about smear campaigns :haha:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:There is no inconsistency. I specifically said I take it seriously when partners call each other out as baddies, civ reads between partners can be faked (see Epi getting fooled by Elo in Harry Potter for playing up her civ tells).
Epi being fooled by his spouse is evidence that his civilian read on her was faked? He was wrong. He was fooled. He didn't fake anything.

That was my point. To specify that it's only "baddie reads" is totally bunk, because significant others can obviously fake any read on each other. They can fake any read on anyone. It was careful wording on your part to avoid the accusation that I just shredded you with.
Turnip Head wrote:I thought LC was bad, I thought ika was bad, I take responsibility for both of those votes, so don't act like I'm not taking responsibility for them.
You obviously took responsibility for the LC lynch as its undeniable leader. You gave all of the credit for the ika lynch to Silverwolf. I don't think you took any responsibility -- it's easy to say you did, but nah.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:LC focusing on Nero while being ambivalent about sig and Quin was like, the crux of my suspicion, but you seem to have missed that. Talk about smear campaigns :haha:
Wait, what's that? You think Prisoner 509378 is smearing you? The guy/gal who is seemingly mechanically immune to suspicion? Go on. :grin:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:There is no inconsistency. I specifically said I take it seriously when partners call each other out as baddies, civ reads between partners can be faked (see Epi getting fooled by Elo in Harry Potter for playing up her civ tells).
Epi being fooled by his spouse is evidence that his civilian read on her was faked? He was wrong. He was fooled. He didn't fake anything.
That's not at all what I meant, I meant that Elo faked her civ tells to get a civ read from Epi. Faking scum tells is counterproductive. Sorry if you don't understand this :shrug2:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
That's not at all what I meant, I meant that Elo faked her civ tells to get a civ read from Epi. Faking scum tells is counterproductive. Sorry if you don't understand this :shrug2:
I understand it perfectly. You just changed your story. Elo faked her civ tells, but she did not fake a civ read. Epi did not fake a civ read. A read is not a tell.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:LC focusing on Nero while being ambivalent about sig and Quin was like, the crux of my suspicion, but you seem to have missed that. Talk about smear campaigns :haha:
Wait, what's that? You think Prisoner 509378 is smearing you? The guy/gal who is seemingly mechanically immune to suspicion? Go on. :grin:
I mean you are misinterpreting my actions to make me look bad. That doesn't make you bad, it just gives you false confidence, because at the end of the day I'm not bad and all my reads have been genuine so your case is wrong. The fact that you are possibly confirmed town doesn't make you infallible.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I understand it perfectly. You just changed your story. Elo faked her civ tells, but she did not fake a civ read. Epi did not fake a civ read. A read is not a tell.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I mean you are misinterpreting my actions to make me look bad. That doesn't make you bad, it just gives you false confidence, because at the end of the day I'm not bad and all my reads have been genuine so your case is wrong. The fact that you are possibly confirmed town doesn't make you infallible.
Of course I'm not infallible. But I am invincible. To imply a smear campaign exists in my case against you is to imply that my motives aren't genuine. :grin:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No it doesn't, you just chose to read it that way.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Here's the basis of it all, TH:

ika's mislynch leaves the game in a critical place in terms of alignment ratio. Securing it was a huge win for the cops. That it was secured is a significant thing when absolutely all of the most-consensus town reads in the game save for Silverwolf herself did not take part in it. You decided to oppose all of those people and support a highly dubious lynch on Day 6 because you wanted to believe in Silverwolf's ability to correctly tab her boyfriend as a baddie.

That strikes me as a poor strategic decision that I don't think you'd make if your mindset was pure and pristine.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:No it doesn't, you just chose to read it that way.
Why would I build a smear campaign against you if I don't want to maliciously turn the tide against you for any reason not town-favored? Why would I smear campaign you if my read is sincere?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why would I build a smear campaign against you if I don't want to maliciously turn the tide against you for any reason not town-favored? Why would I smear campaign you if my read is sincere?
I don't know, why did you?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I don't know, why did you?
No, I won't be needing any of that sir, but thank you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You can sit here all day and call my reads silly, say they weren't true, but that's just your opinion. I'm OG hood and you're gunning for me, so I guess your reads are just as silly as mine.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

To be suspicious of Long Con wasn't silly.

To tell him his focus wasn't broad enough when he was working out a case against his preferred suspect was silly. Like right now, my focus is entirely on Turnip Head. Because he's the one I've just cased, and he's the one I'm concerned about. I am not going to sprinkle comments about Quin or sig into this conversation because they aren't my current focus.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

ISOing Scotty and he's looking pretty good early on.
Scotty wrote:
Serge wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Serge wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for missing out on the last day. I've read up until page 15, hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow.

I'm quite surprised at the number of new players in this specific game. The thread is going so fast and references on other games flash by here and there. Let us be civil(no pun intended), it seems some sparks are flying.

Who/what is a linki? When I catch up hopefully I'll be able to form a clearer picture. If it doesn't come in that form, I'll make that investigation board instead. No matter what happens, I'll cast a vote this day phase.
Hello again Serge, "linki" refers to when a new post pops up during the time you are typing your own new post.

What would you say is your general strategy on Days 1 & 2 of a Mafia game? Has this game been busier than what you are accustomed to?
Hullo Sloonei, I have just arrived at your post. Thanks to you and that other person that explained linki.

I don't like 0s and 1s as they usually revolve around random guessing and nitpicking the tiniest bits of text that may be construed as scummy. An example would be llama saying that Luffy complaining that the game is hard for cops is scummy is an example.

For Day 2, I generally put who got lynched and nightkilled front and center, using the posts from the previous day to try and find any links as to how both these things transpire.

I'm going to resume reading now, see you when I catch up.
I like this dude. I think he is town, mostly because we have similar philosophies.
Though night kills I'm starting to rely less and less on as crutches for suspicions.
Scotty wrote:let it be known if gleam flips bad, I'm calling Serge as a teammate.
I would like to know what happened between these two posts to prompt Serge being a hypothetical teammate of agleaminranks. Obviously we were wrong about gleam, but I'd like to know what your thought process was in calling Serge a potential bad guy here. And how do you feel about him now?
Scotty wrote:I'm still here, catching up. Had a long weekend.

You guys ever fiddle with proofs in Geometry class? If a=b and b=c then a=c? That's kinda where my mind is with the potential alignments I'm calling a "trust fund". It's still rather abstract and unfinished but I have a few that I'm toying with in my mind.

Here's a few off the top of my head:
If sig is bad, then Quin is bad.
If sig is good, then golden is probably bad.
If sig is good, then Sloonei is probably bad.
If sig is good, then I am an idiot.
If Silverwolf is bad, then ika is probably bad.
If llama is bad, then DDL is probably good.
If TH is good, then sig is good.
If sig is good, then Quin is probably good.

These are obviously my opinions but just so y'all know, that's where my mind is right now.
I can't shake in the back of my mind that the Don has BTSC with his associate and they would have each other's back. I get nervous in any lynch that the entire thing has been one big ploy (since the cops probably know the identify of at least one don at this point) to get the entire town to rile up a lynch on said Don. It would make sense why the last 2 kills were failed. I think they are Don hunting, and have their target. Now it's just turning the Mafia tide to lynch their own. That's my thought.

Hypothetically- If sig is to be lynched and comes back as the Don (heaven for bid, with how he's played he is the Don lolz), I would look directly at Sloonei and Golden as the perpetrators. And even I would have to answer for a few things I suppose.

The way I see it, I currently trust Golden and Sloonei's lead because it makes sense, and they're so sure of their reads that it's kind of startling.

and anyone looking to tunnel on sig at this point (and to an extent that last lynch) if he is bad, I am inherently going to be suspicious of. I feel sig is grasping at straws here, and if I'm right, this looks worse for DDL, who has gradually started to join the sig train before it gets to the station.
If sig is bad, you know at this point he knows his goose is cooked and would be welcoming any and everyone to ride him like a mechanical bull at closing time.
This post stood out to me at the time because Scotty shared a lot of "if, then" suspicions that I didn't necessarily agree with and I believe I asked him to follow up on it then. It caught my eye this time around, though, because of the weird suggestion that sig could be the Don and that for some reason that implicate Golden and myself. I do not follow any of this, Scotty. Could you elaborate on this week old thought process?

4 pages into Scotty's post history and I'm leaning much more town than I was before. Outside of those couple points of confusion I am reading him as consistently trying to solve the game. His thought process tends to make sense to me and he's exhibited a healthy amount of paranoia, throwing suspicions and reads around all over the place. I would say he's sharing too many reads to be bad, in a way.

The point about which I was most suspicious of Scotty for was his vote history, but after looking at it again I can't fault him for much:
Day 1: chaindeath (1st of 2 voters)
Day 2: agleaminranks (only voter)
Day 3: sig (Earliest vote on the Sig wagon)
Day 4: agleaminranks (7th of 9)
Day 5: Dragon D. Luffy (4 of 13)
Day 6: Boomslang (3 of 6)

The first couple votes don't look great in that he was not really a part of the lynches. Without knowing sig's role we can't really know for sure how to read everyone's reactions to him after Day 2. Scotty and I voted the same people each day from 4-6.

I feel better about Scotty than I did before doing this ISO, and I was already leaning town on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:To be suspicious of Long Con wasn't silly.

To tell him his focus wasn't broad enough when he was working out a case against his preferred suspect was silly. Like right now, my focus is entirely on Turnip Head. Because he's the one I've just cased, and he's the one I'm concerned about. I am not going to sprinkle comments about Quin or sig into this conversation because they aren't my current focus.
You're missing the context of what was happening in the thread at that point, sig and Quin were the main focus of discussion. In any case I don't care if you think my reasons were silly :shrug:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:To be suspicious of Long Con wasn't silly.

You're missing the context of what was happening in the thread at that point, sig and Quin were the main focus of discussion. In any case I don't care if you think my reasons were silly :shrug:
Long Con specifically said that he wanted to check out Nerolunar because he hadn't been a main focus of discussion. That was the whole point. "You haven't been talking about the main focuses of discussion while you were busy casing someone other than the main focuses of discussion"

What sense does that make?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Sloonei wrote:I feel better about Scotty than I did before doing this ISO, and I was already leaning town on him.
I dig it. I've been tinfoiling a bit on him and your ISO was solid, thank you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”