Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Re: [NIGHT 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Black Rock »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote: :workit: :ninja: :workit:
You better not be bad, I swear to jeebus.
:shrug:
sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Well you're on your own tomorrow siggy boy. I don't know where to go from here.
oh no. :sigh: :disappoint: :sigh:
Turnip Head and sig do not have BTSC.
I agree, I don't think they have civ BTSC. I also don't think TH is the Don. I have him down as something else.
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [NIGHT 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Black Rock wrote:I agree, I don't think they have civ BTSC. I also don't think TH is the Don. I have him down as something else.
Is there a reason you can't openly speculate what role you have in mind? We might only have one mislynch left before this game is mechanically over; I don't think we can afford to withhold anything. If there's a good reason not to lynch sig then it's extremely important we field a clear discussion about it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

sig wrote:Oops I forgot Llama was dead. Scratch that Llama read.

@509 I did make a case on Sloonie, it hasn't really changed. I don't think he has contributed much as a civ, I believe he attempted to divert the CFD away from Fuzz and onto Matt a civ, in an attempt to save Matt. His post CFD behavior was also mafiaish imo.
Is Sloonei the only player I have a strong town read on that you disagree with then?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

sig wrote:Scratch that Llama read.
No. Tell me why you listed him.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ummm... unless the seemer has indeed been lynched I am going to have to rethink my TH theory... I thought he might be a stool pigeon. I just realized both of those have been revealed as lynched.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
sig wrote:Scratch that Llama read.
No. Tell me why you listed him.
He was very tunnely and besides his one scum read didn't really do much else. So he was active enough to be active, but not super active. He did this with both Quin and DDL I believe. He focused on them voted for them only really talked about them and not much else. This seemed like mafia behavior.

That is one of the issues I had with Epi, he avoided everything the first few phases, until he jumped on my wagon and have since then been focused on me.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Black Rock wrote:Ummm... unless the seemer has indeed been lynched I am going to have to rethink my TH theory... I thought he might be a stool pigeon. I just realized both of those have been revealed as lynched.
I've been saying forever Ika was the seemer, he flipped as the stool pigeon. I suspect the mafia believed that they had gotten the other stool pigeon. Recall the one night their kills failed? I think they thought they had hit one of the pigeons, targeted the same player again a different night to remove them from the game, then had Ika flip as that role.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

A quick question for Nero, Quin, Scotty, Serge, sig & Soneji~

What do you all think of Epignosis?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I think he is mafia.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock- Most posts are early afternoon or at various stages in the evening, but there are few instances of early morning posts. She has two early morning posts: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:44 am, Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:01 am

chaindeath- All pm posts except for two that are around eleven in the morning and these: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41 am, Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:21 am

Draconus- All late morning or pm posts.

Serge- Two posts stand out: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:28 am, Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 am

Nerolunar: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:05 am, Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:19 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:52 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:23 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:06 am, Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:03 am, Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:06 am, Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:05 am, Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:24 am. There is also ample activity during the usual Warden time frame.

Prisoner 509378- Has almost as many posts as his prison number. Fuck that.

Quin- I'm not going to post timestamps. Quin's posts are all over the clock, including several during the pre-dawn hours. I note that there are very few, if any, posts in the late morning / early afternoon, when the Warden was dormant.

Scotty- Almost all pm or late morning posts, though a few early morning instances:Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 am, Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:44 am, Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:05 am, Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:48 am, Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 am, Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 am, Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:21 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:05 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 am, Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:24 am. None of these are around the 4am EST, but one of them comes close.

sig- No early morning posts.

Sloonei- There are a few cases of early morning activity, some around the 3am EST period. For example, Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:02 am, Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 am, Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:35 am.

Soneji- All pm posts except one series that terminated Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:08 am.

S~V~S- Earliest post: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 am.

Turnip Head- Has a few posts: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:13 am, Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:43 am, and couple more around this time, but nothing around the 4am EST mark.

++++

Based on this alone, I'd say the warden is Nerolunar or Quin. Scotty and Serge are secondary candidates.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:I think he is mafia.
This is the best I have felt about you all game.

That time stamp thing bugged the crap out of me the first time he brought it up, using it to exclude people based on geography. I forgot about it, but since he brought it back up it bugs me even more.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:

That time stamp thing bugged the crap out of me the first time he brought it up, using it to exclude people based on geography. I forgot about it, but since he brought it back up it bugs me even more.
It's not excluding people based on geography. It's not excluding anybody.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

:ponder:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Question for those who know her best:

How likely is S~V~S, as a civilian, to role hint?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Only if I am going Mama Bear :grin:

And I can't look for the post at work Epi. But I am almost 100% sure you are getting my vote.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Here's a hangup for me when I try to see Epi as bad.

I can possibly be turned on this read, but I need someone to look at this and tell me why I'm wrong.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You are narrowing it down based on time stamps to people not on the East Coast :p

So you are excluding people from suspicion based on their timestamps. Which may indicate Geography. I have a post I am thinking of, I will look for it later, after work.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Here's a hangup for me when I try to see Epi as bad.

I can possibly be turned on this read, but I need someone to look at this and tell me why I'm wrong.
I think Epi is 100% capable of such a thing. I also think he has been buddying me big time since Day 1. He is getting a full reread while I look for that one post later :srsnod:

I want to hear from the rest of the people on my suspicious list about their opinion on Epignosis:
S~V~S wrote:A quick question for Nero, Quin, Scotty, Serge, sig & Soneji~

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Only if I am going Mama Bear :grin:

And I can't look for the post at work Epi. But I am almost 100% sure you are getting my vote.
I would rather we didn't lynch me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You are narrowing it down based on time stamps to people not on the East Coast :p

So you are excluding people from suspicion based on their timestamps. Which may indicate Geography. I have a post I am thinking of, I will look for it later, after work.
You're incorrect, for two reasons. First ,some people stay up late regardless of geography (not that I know everyone's location anyway). Second, there are more cops than the Warden, so nobody is getting excluded from suspicion.

Do you not think the 4am EST post is worth considering?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Only if I am going Mama Bear :grin:

I would rather we didn't lynch me.
OK< It might have been someone else extrapolating on your post. I thought it could be you or maybe Scotty. He backed right off of me when I asked him if I was reminding him of my game in LOST Again. I am sorry if I am all over the place, but I am trying to remember something that is just at the corner or my mind. I thought it was you, Epi, but I could be wrong. That timestamp post just triggered it.

SAME PEOPLE: Nero, Quin, Serge, sig & Soneji~

What is your opinion of Scotty?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

If I hadn't already made this clear, I think hes mafia.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki, I do, but there was only one like that right? At 4AM?

Who is travelling all over America? Scotty. I need to reread him now. What do we think of him?

Linki again, Thanks Soneji. That's what I thought. What do you think of Scotty?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Question for those who know her best:

Not role hint but if she has civ BTSC and you are talking bad about her friends she is "Captain Obvious" or as she said all "Mama Bear"
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Soneji wrote:

If I hadn't already made this clear, I think hes mafia.
Lemme get those responses you pledged during our earlier discussion. :slick:
Soneji wrote:Its not really feasible at the moment for me to be able to post all I need to fully make my points, while on my phone typing parts in between customers. I'll get back to you once I am at home.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nothing about Scotty in the course of my reading has stood out one way or another (aside from the Chef stuff). I would have to go through his posts to form a solid opinion.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I went off the poll, don't answer serge, lol.

Linki, yes, that is why my title *IS* Captain Obvious, lol.

Scotty has spent this whole game kissing my ass, and I did not even notice it becasue I was so wrapped up in Quin being bad.

Linki@ 509378 (I don't have to look at one of your posts anymore to remember that number, lol), I think I jumped to a paranoid (wrong) conclusion just now with Epi. Sorry Epi. :hug:

Linki @Epi, read him. Read him with LOST Again Scotty in mind.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will. I need to check in with MM and make sure everything is sorted, because I know he wants to get started today. Get hyped Spirited Away people. :srsnod:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Another question for everyone not named Epignosis or Soneji, since they're the only ones that seemed to notice.

Earlier Epignosis proposed an idea he had to try to get a better read on Elohcin. I don't think anyone else in this game even acknowledged him on this (evidence that people ain't reading, tsk tsk :p). His idea was for someone to put up a big case against him, vote for him, and then monitor Eloh for her response to that action -- he felt he could get a read on her based upon how she responded to that. Initially I declined because I had pledged to leave Epi alone and it wouldn't have made sense, but eventually when nobody else did anything I went for it anyway.

Here's the fake case I compiled on Epignosis.

In this case I made sure to use colorful language, espouse a perspective of confidence that I didn't really have, and I even threw in some total garbage accusations (like the one about basketball). In the end, Elohcin never responded in any way, probably because she isn't reading anything whatsoever (Epi reads that in her favor, we can debate it). However, someone else did: Soneji.
Spoiler: show
Soneji wrote:Is there a way to be directed to the post people are quoting on this site? On NF, there is a little arrow we can press on directly quoted posts to be sent straight to them. It really helps in terms of context. On the surface Epi's case against sig looks bad and sig has probably the worst look based off solely where his votes have been placed. Looking at context for both his Ika and gleam votes, I don't see anything really worrying though. The quote Epi is using of sig saying he doesn't like the Ika/gleam wagons is from day 1, the votes from sig on them are from days 2 and 4 respectively. Silver's defense of Ika day 2, specifically Silver saying she'd be demoralized if Ika was lynched, is what prompted sig to be more suspicious of Ika. He also thought that the CFD on Fuzz was an attempt to save a scummate and the Ika lynch was the only one of the original three(Epi/gleam being the other two) with enough steam left for sig to jump on to oppose this attempted save. I won't hold it too much against sig that he opposed the CFD, several confirmed townies did as well and the reasoning against CFD's is valid, even if it worked out in our favor. sig's change of mind on gleam also had progression to it, starting with him liking MetalMarsh's ISO on gleam and then gleam from what he said slipping under the radar post d1.

I don't see anything really indicative of malicious intent with sig's actions. The Prisoner's argument against Epi is much more indicative of someone whose trying to manipulate things to a specific end.
The wording is a bit unclear, but Soneji was supporting me here in my case against Epignosis. He liked the case. This is obviously interesting because the case was never sincere in the first place, it was completely made up on the spot just for show w/r/t Epi's plan to get a read on Eloh. It had no genuine function as a case to get Epignosis lynched. I voiced this problem to Soneji, who responded by telling me that the case I intentionally fudged with a bunch of bullcrap was actually filled with strong points, and that I might not know what I'm talking about.
Soneji wrote:I post whatever catches my fancy that I think will benefit town, within the time I find for this game. I was focused on doing a fairly thorough read of the entire thread for most of this game, though I gave that up as a lost cause once I managed to read up until the end of d2. I am trying now to focus on the present and the arguments being brung up against people now, using post history to make my own judgement on the findings. When I have the chance I will do a few ISO's of my own.

I have read sig as town almost any time I've read his posts during my read through or skim of current posts. That Epi is trying to bring him back to the forefront now caught my interest, so I decided to look into the matter, especially as Epi's been a fringe suspect for me most of the game.

If you found the points you brought up against Epi silly, I would like to know what qualifies as scummy in your book. The points you brought up against Epi were:

1. That he was avoiding participating in the current discussion by acting as if he wasn't up to date with the thread. Something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma.

2. That he would subtly throw suspicion on players without directly accusing them, like ge did with gleam in the post you quoted.

3. Using meta reasons to defend Mongoose while implying that Sloonei is scum for not dismissing his read "as that is just Mongoose's meta".

4. Devolving the thread into filler talk about basketball.

5. Avoiding the d2 lynch despite acting as if he would break the tie.

All of these are valid scumtells and Epi does display them in the posts you brought up and elsewhere. I am going to take your assertion as low level bait, so I can maintain some illusion that towns current leader knows what hes talking about.
I rebutted all of these points already.

So tell me, everyone not named Epi or Soneji. Did I catch someone red-handed trying to capitalize on my smear job of Epignosis? Did Soneji take the bait? Or is he an innocent townie with the misfortune of being caught in this overly-elaborate scheme?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:Linki@ 509378 (I don't have to look at one of your posts anymore to remember that number, lol)
At this point it will feel weird to have people calling me by my actual username. :huh:
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

Le sigh. Chaindeath ends up on most everyones baddie list which is exactly what the cops want. You all lynch me and it leads to their victory, since we the town can't really afford to lynch any more townies.

He thinks that Scotty, Epignois, Nero, and Serge are mafia.

*prepares himself for the attacks since he said something and that is clearly unacceptable given the current state of the game.*
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

chaindeath wrote:Le sigh. Chaindeath ends up on most everyones baddie list which is exactly what the cops want. You all lynch me and it leads to their victory, since we the town can't really afford to lynch any more townies.

He thinks that Scotty, Epignois, Nero, and Serge are mafia.

*prepares himself for the attacks since he said something and that is clearly unacceptable given the current state of the game.*
I'm open to hearing you out, chainypoo. What about those four gives you the heebie-jeebies?

Remember, if you can just work your way into changing some people's minds about you, then we can blow this game open. Even in this dire late phase, the game can still be won with some trust. Help me and others to trust you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I find it interesting that sig & especially Soneji managed to pop in to say they thought Epi was bad, but neither stayed around to answer the same question about Scotty. Especially since I asked Soneji in linki.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I can't play mafia right now because Radical Face is doing a Reddit AMA.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

S~V~S wrote:I find it interesting that sig & especially Soneji managed to pop in to say they thought Epi was bad, but neither stayed around to answer the same question about Scotty. Especially since I asked Soneji in linki.
I didn't see your message, just went and clicked submit again when it did the linki thing as you call it. Scotty is a total null read. He is just there for me, I can barely remember anything the guy has said this whole game. If hes mafia, hes done a great job blending.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sig is in and out. Taking advantage of his last day of Spring Break.

Hmmmm I'd have to GTH read Scotty as bad right now simply since I can't really remember anything about him this game. I'd rather lynch Epi today.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sorry I've been away for a while. I'm in Cananda and have had a hard time getting WiFi while here.

I see while I was away Boomslang was revealed as good. That's infuriating tbh. This whole game has been infuriating.

Since my day absence, I see that SVS has turned the mirror back to me. Sig has jumped on board. Black Rock sees me suddenly as 1 of 2 cops. Chaindeath has even attempted to impugn me. What can I say? I'm lost. My Don has given me nothing of substance and I feel like I should have caught more at this point.

Where I thought it was laughable to consider Boomslang as good, I've found a very similar feel about chaindeath. Quin is constantly defended by Prisoner.

To answer SVS's tirade, who btw has been spraying a clean pathway with a power washer, I think Epi looks neutral. There's only like 3 people in this game that I can regard with certainty are not bad, but that's it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Soneji wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I find it interesting that sig & especially Soneji managed to pop in to say they thought Epi was bad, but neither stayed around to answer the same question about Scotty. Especially since I asked Soneji in linki.
I didn't see your message, just went and clicked submit again when it did the linki thing as you call it. Scotty is a total null read. He is just there for me, I can barely remember anything the guy has said this whole game. If hes mafia, hes done a great job blending.
Thanks man. Can't remember me? Might be Alzheimer's. May wanna check that out.

I can't remember you all game either. With your 37 posts.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I can't play mafia right now because Radical Face is doing a Reddit AMA.
i read this as Radical Fuzz and went to Reddit searching for his AMA. It is not Radical Fuzz." :doh:

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Im sorry I missed the vote. I can´t even remember where I left off reading the thread, but I will read through tomorrow and post some thoughts by then.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I can't play mafia right now because Radical Face is doing a Reddit AMA.
i read this as Radical Fuzz and went to Reddit searching for his AMA. It is not Radical Fuzz." :doh:
And I always read RadicalFuzz as Face.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:1. That he was avoiding participating in the current discussion by acting as if he wasn't up to date with the thread. Something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma.
Please show me a specific example of "something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma". I can't make any use of these assertions thrown into your post without a reference to what you're talking about.
You provided an example yourself:
Epignosis wrote:I wish I understood what this plan was so I could go ahead and tell you all how foolish it is.
He said this in regards to the traitor discussion on D1. Acts as if he doesn't know what the plan was while also assuming that its foolish somehow, despite not knowing what the plan entailed.

He also implied that he had the ability to take apart my argument on him yet refrained from doing so.
Soneji wrote:2. That he would subtly throw suspicion on players without directly accusing them, like ge did with gleam in the post you quoted.
Are you referring to the post in which Epignosis voted for agleam? How is that subtle? He prodded a player who hadn't posted much to that point, and once he had some content to work with he moved away from that -- he even defended agleam when that bandwagon started to mount.
No I'm not referring to the post in which he prodded gleam and as it was a vote just to prod its irrelevant to him bringing up how fast gleam supposedly responded to his prod, then acting as if he wasn't implying anything by that. That was an indirect accusation.
Epignosis wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:
Damn, that was fast.
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:
Damn, that was fast.
What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything. What I said was explicit. I told gleam to say something and gleam did. Hence "Damn, that was fast."

What did you think I was implying?
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Nah. I was just amazed that I vote the guy and he shows up and posts.
Keep in mind that there was around half an hour between his prodding post and gleam's response, enough time to where it can't be considered someone just watching over the thread just to see if they're mentioned. This defending of gleam as you call it starts of with just saying he won't vote gleam as gleam gets lynched early too much:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm sorry, your responses could be genuine but you are filling every box of my checklist.

- First you were not trying to hunt scum.
- Then people called you out and you literally accused all three people who were suspecting you. In other words, OMGUS.
- Then you say you are trying to protect civs when you had never posted a single civ read.
- Then you pull the "no lynch" theory out of nowhere. Which is a objectively bad theory because we can't win the game unless we try to lynch people.
- And now you are pigbacking on someone to validade your own points, when that someone doesn't actually have the same opinion as you. I've got lynched twice before as mafia for doing that, and lynched another mafioso for it. I think it's a good scumtell.
I refuse to vote for agleaminranks. Gleam gets lynched early all the time. I think the last time he told us to sit and spin or something. XD
The only other post he made regarding gleam d1 was speculating that if Wilgy was a cop, then gleam was likely a cop. This slight defense doesn't mean much. The general scumtell is that the mafia will cast suspicion on a player without directly accusing them, hoping some townie will take up that argument for them/that the point will stick in some minds. The smart mafia members might even defend the player they cast the initial suspicion on, if they have an angle for it, to further disassociate themselves from being a catalyst in the lynch of a town player. Epi's later defense of gleam consisted of solely asking why gleam was a suspect, making a joke about him passing wind. Later on he said he had no strong read on gleam and asked Golden to explain the case against gleam, with that being his last post on the matter the day gleam got lynched. Then in the night following gleam's lynch he heavily criticizes the basis for the gleam lynch despite not having argued against the actual points of the case, which could have saved gleam's life if he bothered to show people why they weren't valid. He yells at people to pay attention, when hes constantly not in the know as to why people are being suspected and doesn't argue against lynches he thinks are stupid.
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I've made up my mind. As of now, it's DDL or sig for me tomorrow. You clowns go on and HURRRR CFD CFD tomorrow and I will vote the shit out of you too. :suspish: Stop that shit. It's stupid. You get Mafia once every fifteen or twenty times doing it. You hit a civilian and it's "Aw, Barnacles" and when it actually happens, you pat yourselves on the back like you actually accomplished something. No more bullshit lynches.

I'm mostly talking to Golden here. :meany:
I'm mostly talking to you when I say I don't care what you think :p

But my vote tomorrow will almost certainly be sig or DDL too. Today it was almost certainly sig or gleam. If it had been sig yesterday it would have been gleam tomorrow. I don't really equate what happened at the end of that last day to what happened at the end of day 2 at all, they were completely different things. EoD4 was not a CFD.
And I don't agree with you. Day 2 was not "CFD," though some took it as such. Day 4 was. Gleam didn't do anything or say anything like Fuzz did. He got lynched for a theory based on votes. I would like less of that and more, you know, paying attention please.

Soneji wrote:3. Using meta reasons to defend Mongoose while implying that Sloonei is scum for not dismissing his read "as that is just Mongoose's meta".
It's not a great reason to pursue the lynch of Sloonei, but it's not a bad reason to toss out a flier vote in the game's earliest stages either. Had Epi actually made this into something meaningful and pursued it harder as a real case, I might agree with you. He didn't do that though, and for 95% of the game he has made no moves against Sloonei.
First impressions matter quite a lot in this game. Epi sent out the notion that this is how Mongoose is, so she shouldn't be voted for for the way she was acting. Its a roadblock to actual discussion, he did the same to me when I made a case on Mongoose:
Epignosis wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Somehow I managed to skip a large post by Soneji.

He makes a good point on Mongoose, though in the last quote, I have to say the fact she is asking about how mafia is played here is because she is back after a long hiatus, during which a lot of people from different communities came here and change the usual playstyle.
I understood the context of how she was trying to come across(as naive of possible new habits), its just that the context in which the question was asked(as a prerequisite to a stated desire to vote lynch Ika) is rather scummy. If the question about voting people to get their attention came prior to a vote on Ika/stated desire to vote Ika, I likely wouldn't find the behavior suspicious. Lack of confidence in your own reads is also more indicative of scum, who don't want to be seen as going after the wrong people or having weak reasoning. If Ika's behavior was in any way normal in the community as it is now, people wouldn't have been suspecting him for it as much as they did D1, which should have clued Mongoose in. Even so, she felt the need to be sure that her reasoning was sound in the eyes of others.
Have you ever met Mongoose before?
As well as to Silverwolf:
Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why are people voting for Draconusgoose?
Silverwolf wrote:Oh I switched my vote to Draconus

I expect sig to be the lynch today but I want to voice my opinions on others I'm suspecting and the fact that Draconus has done very little since replacing reminds me of how myself and others I've seen react to replacing into a scum slot. Be mostly inactive and then just post the bare minimum without really saying much.

I still suspect Soneji for posts that don't really say anything at all and because I think scum are laying low this game while town attacks each other, but I don't see the point of sitting on that vote by myself right now.
Draconus hasn't done much of anything since replacing. Soneji hasn't done anything all game. They both need to be pushed eventually if we are gonna win this. And if they continue, then lynched IMO.
Your pressure doesn't bother aapje at all. Besides, Alice just started playing.

moresque are your thoughts on The Cyber Controller viands votes? Thoughts overthwart thanks?
Like, WTF is this post? Bascially self votes and does no scumhunting or make any attempt at game solving. I mean, yes, he did replace but has had enough time to at least make a decent vote-yet doesn't.
Have you met Draconus before?
Soneji wrote:4. Devolving the thread into filler talk about basketball.
Yeah I'm not going to seriously call someone scummy because they talked about basketball. That was the most outwardly absurd accusation I hurled at him in that fake case.
Its really in the context of when he talked about basketball, watching a TV show, etc. that stands out. Like when he has zebra wanting him to share his suspicions:
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I've got some of these :suspish: to go around.
Dish 'em out then, we need more then unspecified suspicions.
Golden asking him if he had anything else on his mind other than his tunnel vision on Nero:
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:New train of thought: Nerolunar should be lynched. Go.
You're awfully focused on him. Is there anything else on your mind?
Yes, but nothing game related. I'm hoping I win money tonight after a shitty weekend. :disappoint:

But hell yeah I'm awfully focused on him.

Nerolunar was in third place after sig and LC. LC was good. I suspect sig too, but I figure he's going to get enough today without my help. There's more than two cops, and I still think Nerolunar is one of them. I want to know why the thread went nuts for LC out of nowhere (in terms of a 48 hour day), but Nerolunar got no added votes.
Nah. I'm going to eat the delicious roast I made and then lose some more money on basketball. :sigh:
TH prodding Epi for some more output in a joking fashion:
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Welcome to the Silverika show everybody.
I bought tickets to the Epignosis show but it must have been canceled, who do I contact for a refund?
My show got canceled because Stephen Curry is a bitch on his birthday. :evileye:
Or like recently when he acted as if he could destroy my argument against him but instead hes going to go watch Gotham and I'm supposedly lucky for that.

Oh really? And this subtle discrediting comment has no value whatsoever toward the town cause. It can serve no purpose but to add doubt to my perspective of my own work and others' perspectives of my own work. I've never called myself "town's leader" or done anything to assume that role other than play as hard as I can, and the fact that you specifically felt the need to identify me in that regard with the implication that I don't know what I'm talking about is frankly the scummiest thing you've said.

Yes, the Epignosis case was fake. Yes, you took the bait hook, line, and sinker.
There should be doubt as to whether or not you are on the right track as there hasn't been a cop lynch since day 2, unless the seemer has been lynched. I generally categorize town players into three categories: shepherds, sheep and sheepdogs. The shepherds are the voices that are most trusted, they lead the majority of lynches. The sheep are your standard middling effort townfolk who will follow the shepherd that makes the most appealing case to them. The sheepdog are the main scumhunters, those tasked with finding the wolves(mafia), generally pushing every ones buttons to see whose snap has fangs. I'm a sheepdog, I've never been that great at getting people to follow my lynches despise my high success rate at finding mafia. You came into this thread acting like a shepherd and you seemed to know what you were doing but I have had my doubts lately if you have what it takes to see which group I separate the sheep into have such sharp teeth, such long claws.

You seem to disregard initial impressions based off of some things later on that might point elsewhere, disregarding whats important at the core. The kind of reads you hold close to the vest are those on players who if they know people are onto them will shape up their act. You bide your time with them so that they can continue to slip up enough to make a case on them that others will follow. Epi has consistently tunneled on a small handful of players(Nero, DDL, sig), dodges giving reads on players other then his select few and acts as if he doesn't know whats going on with the major events of the day. Only recently has he cleaned up his act somewhat.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Scotty wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Thanks man. Can't remember me? Might be Alzheimer's. May wanna check that out.

I can't remember you all game either. With your 37 posts.
Thats almost an average of 5 posts a day. I'm proud of myself :clap:

Hey Sloonei:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:Sorry I've been away for a while. I'm in Cananda and have had a hard time getting WiFi while here.

I see while I was away Boomslang was revealed as good. That's infuriating tbh. This whole game has been infuriating.

Since my day absence, I see that SVS has turned the mirror back to me. Sig has jumped on board. Black Rock sees me suddenly as 1 of 2 cops. Chaindeath has even attempted to impugn me. What can I say? I'm lost. My Don has given me nothing of substance and I feel like I should have caught more at this point.

Where I thought it was laughable to consider Boomslang as good, I've found a very similar feel about chaindeath. Quin is constantly defended by Prisoner.

To answer SVS's tirade, who btw has been spraying a clean pathway with a power washer, I think Epi looks neutral. There's only like 3 people in this game that I can regard with certainty are not bad, but that's it.
Never pick a fight with a prisoner, Scotty. You never know where he keeps his shivs. :nicenod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei, wanna give your thoughts on this post for the Prisoner? I'm just copy and pasting this stuff from the ISO rather than going into each individual post so I keep chopping off the names of whoever wrote the post.
I just realized I forgot Quin in that analysis of Warden suspects. He should be included as a viable Warden I suppose. He's still pretty new to the site, but I checked Zodiac Mafia and there was some amount of Rainbow List Drama in that game because llama posted one. Quin has some basis of familiarity with them, and the drama stemming from that would be reason enough for him to make the "I understand you people like rainbows." joke in this thread.

Sloonei, would you put that WIFOMburger past Quin?
I didn't actually know that rainbow lists weren't appreciated here. And in zodiac, I think the argument was based on how early it came up, not the rainbow list in general. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not think Quin is the Warden. I wouldn't expect that rainbow post to be his doing either. Quin is colorblind.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I wouldn't have brought up syntax and disagreed with the idea of sig being the warden if it was me. :nicenod:

You're being awfully nice to me today Sloonei. Am I about to die?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin what do you think of Scotty? You want me off your back and we can lynch him?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I wouldn't have brought up syntax and disagreed with the idea of sig being the warden if it was me. :nicenod:

You're being awfully nice to me today Sloonei. Am I about to die?
Maybe
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dom »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Question for those who know her best:

Unlikely
Civ or bad though, she'll make a partnership obvious sometimes. Not a team, but a partnership. See A World Reborn.
S~V~S wrote:Linki, I do, but there was only one like that right? At 4AM?

Who is travelling all over America? Scotty. I need to reread him now. What do we think of him?

Linki again, Thanks Soneji. That's what I thought. What do you think of Scotty?
TRU

What freaks me out most is people don't know opinions scotty has held. That's not very scotty like to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ricochet »

Hey everyone.

I got back in touch with lt. Sock, but he was still very private about where he was off too.

I finished mopping and dusting off the place, but then I forgot to go downstairs at 7pm this evening to pay the rent. And it was the last day to do so. D'oh. Strange how, between putting aside the money to do so and having to go do so, two hours later, I completely forgot to do so, because of occupying myself to write some fiction. I wonder if I'll get in trouble for this. Certainly not the very best impression I could have made.

I haven't got back in touch with mailbox girl, though... W-what if she's involved in the building administration and will hear about me forgetting to pay my rent? Or even worse, the person delegated to receive these payments herself? I'll never see that smile again from her...

Uhm that's about all I can report on this phase.

Return to “Previous Jobs”