It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I'm going to be out for most of today. I urge everyone to keep working though. Even if you feel good about your Day 10 vote there are numerous baddies to catch.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei, you are often at your best as a townie in a game's latest stage. These cops clearly don't know that. Make them pay for failing to remove you.

Nero, Soneji, chaindeath, Dom, Elohcin: if you're not a cop, then know that they're counting on your lynch to secure their victory. Could there be a worse manner of disrespect?

#paidtomotivate
#pompomsout
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Spacedaisy »

Insert mental image of 509 in a cheerleader's uniform, complete with little pleated skirt and ponytail tied with a big ribbon...

:haha:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Epi seems to have a unique relation with certain words, cop-like even. I didn't avoid the gun-fight between Ika and Fuzz, this Zebra just came out of nowhere and I had to defend myself! I didn't relentlessly pursue this man who had barely any connection with the mafia just due to the numerous false allegations hes had in the past, he really looked dirty this time! I swear!

Epignosis

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Re: [NIGHT 9] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Nerolunar »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I am never lynching any of these people on Day 10:

S~V~S
Sloonei
Turnip Head

That means there are 4 baddies here:

chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

If you're a townie in that pile, then show yourself as brightly as you can. The game is still winnable, somehow, and if you get out of that pile then it's locked.
Aye aye captn.

I think the scum team looks like this:

Chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Last one is a coin toss between Soneji and Dom. I won´t be advocting to lynch either of these right now though.

I think we should be lynching the person who we think is scum but also if that person can provide us with information to help us continue our pursuit.

So, Epignosis

We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I could see that vote for Chaindeath by Epi as a bussing attempt. Chaindeath is barely here anyway, so its not unlikely that he is the member they would most like to sacrifice.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

:ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Soneji wrote:Epi seems to have a unique relation with certain words, cop-like even. I didn't avoid the gun-fight between Ika and Fuzz, this Zebra just came out of nowhere and I had to defend myself! I didn't relentlessly pursue this man who had barely any connection with the mafia just due to the numerous false allegations hes had in the past, he really looked dirty this time! I swear!

Epignosis
I didn't avoid the lynch. I wasn't home. I thought I was going to have to save myself. Turns out I didn't. I didn't tunnel sig in the sense that I did nothing else, but I did relentlessly pursue him.

Tell me, what relation with certain words would a cop have?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar wrote:We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
Read: We must regard any alternative lynches as save attempts because Epignosis is bad, and we must regard any additional votes on Epignosis as bussing because Epignosis is bad.

Way to think things through.

:suspish:

Nerolunar
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Keep working Epi. I think we got one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No. If my lynch is inevitable, then I'm not going to spend my last two days of spring break losing. I have other things I would rather do.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
Read: We must regard any alternative lynches as save attempts because Epignosis is bad, and we must regard any additional votes on Epignosis as bussing because Epignosis is bad.

Nerolunar
Maybe you missed the word "careful" there. Looking out for those just joining your wagon without good reason to do so or counterwagons that don't have a strong basis, is not the same as regarding every alternative lynch as a save or votes on you as bussing. Twisting suggestions to the extreme to paint someone as scum is almost exclusively done by anti-town.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am leaving for work but I just wanted to say that my vote is on Nerolunar the opportunistic bandwagoner. Has he voted for or even been suspicious of Epi at all this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I read the Nero post exactly as Epi did. I wanted him to answer to it first.

Nerolunar
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Nerolunar
Maybe you missed the word "careful" there. Looking out for those just joining your wagon without good reason to do so or counterwagons that don't have a strong basis, is not the same as regarding every alternative lynch as a save or votes on you as bussing. Twisting suggestions to the extreme to paint someone as scum is almost exclusively done by anti-town.
You're the one twisting, not Epi. Nero said what he said.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:No. If my lynch is inevitable, then I'm not going to spend my last two days of spring break losing. I have other things I would rather do.
Now quit whining and do your task. You signed up.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I have not felt real good about Soneji, so him sticking up for Nero and his post warning against bandwagoning anyone but Epi makes a Nero vote feel solid for me.

I think lynching him will "be lynching the person who we think is scum but also if that person can provide us with information to help us continue our pursuit", a he put it himself.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Sloonei wrote:I am leaving for work but I just wanted to say that my vote is on Nerolunar the opportunistic bandwagoner. Has he voted for or even been suspicious of Epi at all this game?
I have actually. I have mentioned it in a few recent posts.

Jesus guys. You are wrong about this, and Im not going to be lynched today. Im not a cop and we really need to find the actual cops, so stop this!

How can I convince you that Im not scum?
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Epignosis wrote:

Nerolunar
Well, I said that we should just be careful about it damnit. I didn´t mean "disregard" entirely, but there are still 4 cops alive who has the power to steer us around as they wish.
ImageImage

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nero, please provide a link to your last game as a bad guy.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

That must have been Zodiac Mafia, though lots of people were bad there.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 33#p239433

There is also Arkham:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 28#p255028
ImageImage

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'll have a look when I get back to a laptop.

For now you should pick apart that post that just turned half the players against you and explain why we have it wrong. You essentially urged caution at every vote following your own no matter where it landed. Epi cannot be bussed and saved simultaneously.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Nerolunar wrote:

S~V~S
Sloonei
Turnip Head

chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

If you're a townie in that pile, then show yourself as brightly as you can. The game is still winnable, somehow, and if you get out of that pile then it's locked.
Aye aye captn.

Chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis
Last one is a coin toss between Soneji and Dom. I won´t be advocting to lynch either of these right now though.

I think we should be lynching the person who we think is scum but also if that person can provide us with information to help us continue our pursuit.

So, Epignosis

We should also be careful of bussing and new wagons popping up. There is probably going to be an attempted save at some point.
Well, first I was proposing what I believe is the scum team. Lets for a moment play out that these people are scum - which should we lynch first? Chaindeath has not been here for a long time. Elohcin neither. Their reads has either been limited(Serge) or all over the place (Chaindeath). Epignosis however, has been pretty consistent with his reads if I recall correctly. My thought process was that Epignosis has higher priority in that information regarding him is easier to go about, provided he is actually bad obviously.

In the next part you guys are twisting my words and also misunderstanding what Im saying. I never said that we should completely abandon all other wagons, but that we should be CAREFUL. We need to lynch a cop today right, and if we are to do that we must look through what the cops will inevitably try to tell us in an attempt to direct the lynch upon an innocent. Im saying that I oppose any new and in-the-moment CFD like wagons. We have had enough of impulsive lynches and I want to advocate that we should tread lightly this time. You guys do probably agree with this and I should have worded it differently :doh:
ImageImage

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nero, what do you think of Soneji bailing on the thread at the very moment you became public enemy #1?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Whoever is town, this been the scummiest town I've ever seen. Epi cried about the votes on him, they moved immediately, and it's still crickets.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Whoever is town, this been the scummiest town I've ever seen. Epi cried about the votes on him, they moved immediately, and it's still crickets.
I'm here keeping up, but I'm doing other shit. Like cooking lunch and eating. In a little bit I'm going to be painting.

Sorry I don't operate on a strict timetable like you're accustomed to, prisoner.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head HELP

:scared:
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Whoever is town, this been the scummiest town I've ever seen. Epi cried about the votes on him, they moved immediately, and it's still crickets.
All the people who moved are in the town pile though. If Chaindeath, Dom or Elo had done anything then we could get something going but they're not around. I said my piece about Nero, if you choose to distrust me that is your prerogative.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I don't choose to distrust you, Soneji. It just happened because game circumstance has dictated that. What can you show me in your post history and votes that you believe evidences a pro-town mindset?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Nero, what do you think of Soneji bailing on the thread at the very moment you became public enemy #1?
Dont you mean Sloonei?
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

No I think he meant Soneji. He was the one who pointed out your use of 'careful' before you did, right?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

S~V~S wrote:No I think he meant Soneji. He was the one who pointed out your use of 'careful' before you did, right?
Yeah he did. Im happy that someone got it right.
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I went through Nerolunar's votes. No context- just votes.

chaindeath
Scotty (11), Nerolunar (20) 7%

Diiny lynched.

++++

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

RadicalFuzz lynched.

++++

No vote Day 3.

Long Con lynched.

++++

sig
Nerolunar (6), Epignosis (10), Metalmarsh89 (17) 12%

agleaminranks lynched.

++++

Boomslang
Prisoner 920077 (17), Nerolunar (24), S~V~S (30), Prisoner 740359 (31) 11%

Dragon D. Luffy lynched.

++++

sig
Nerolunar (4) 5%

ika lynched.

++++

Boomslang
Epignosis (8), Nerolunar (9), Soneji (11), thellama73 (13), sig (15) 25%

Turnip Head not lynched.

++++

No vote Day 8.

Boomslang lynched.

++++

Dom (Draconus)
Nerolunar (13), Turnip Head (15), Sloonei (16) 18%

Scotty lynch.

++++

Takeaways:

1. Nerolunar has not voted for a lynched person the Day that person was lynched.
2. Nerolunar has voted for people, but did not do so on the Day those people were lynched (ika, Boomslang).
3. Nerolunar has voted two people twice (Boomslang and sig), but never anyone more than twice.
4. Nerolunar has always voted first or second for the person (as far as the final tally goes).

None of these are opinions, but facts.

Now for inferences:

Facts 1 and 2 indicate a penchant for keeping his hands clean. For all the instances of the term "avoid" in relation to Day 2 and me, I can't recall that verb ever being used to describe Nerolunar. However, fact 3 (exacerbated by Fact 2) indicates a lack of personal conviction on Nerolunar's part. Fact 4 indicates that Nerolunar has never tried to save anyone with his vote. The voting differentials indicate that there has never been any real pressure to save a cop except Day 2, when Nerolunar voted ika. To be fair, Nerolunar's vote was on ika before Fuzz had any votes. I don't know how much can be read into that, since Nerolunar couldn't save Fuzz any more than he already was.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I don't choose to distrust you, Soneji. It just happened because game circumstance has dictated that. What can you show me in your post history and votes that you believe evidences a pro-town mindset?
I have pursued multiple suspects for my own reasons, tried to stop potential towning by arguing against what I found to be faulty reasoning a few times and been forthcoming in answering questions. Most of my main suspects are still alive, chaindeath and Mongoose/Dom from early in the game and for the last several phases Epi. I have been wrong about TH and potentially both of Ika and Boomslang. I wasn't around for the Fuzz lynch, though in the moment I probably wouldn't have agreed with it, as I explained in my read of Quin.

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Interesting analysis. Voting for me has been difficult as my time zone has led me to always place my vote in advance. I have not once been around at EOD if I recall correctly.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dom »

whos bad
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dom wrote:whos bad
You, by all accounts.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

chaindeath, speak up please. I see you lurking. I need some third person speech in my life.

chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

Nerolunar wrote:

S~V~S
Sloonei
Turnip Head

chaindeath
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Nerolunar
Soneji

Aye aye captn.

Chaindeath
Elohcin
Epignosis

So, Epignosis

Chaindeath is going to place his vote on Nerolunar. He feels that this post is fishy because although Nero says that we need to lynch people who arn't providing information in favor of our pursuit of the cops. Perhaps chaindeath is not the best person to call someone on this but it would seem that apart from saying outright that these people are cops Nero hasn't done much of what he is saying the baddies are doing. Thoughts?

Chaindeath would also like to say he has a list of people who he thinks are not bad and at the moment would not vote for.

Chaindeath - He is town, also getting mod killed at this point in the game would suck for my fellow town mates.
Prisoner - He was released from prison so its highly unlikely that hes a cop. All of the outliers that were in prison post breakout have died, namely Fuzz, Tranq, and Golden.
S~V~S - She was linked to BR two(?) days ago and BR was taken down by the cops. Unless it was a very clever trick to associate closely with someone then take them out to build street cred, chaindeath thinks that S~V~S is town also.
Turnip Head - We tried this once and it didn't work. This leads chaindeath to think he is a don.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Actually I said that we should pursue exactly the people that we think are scum + give most information. I don´t know how you could think that I was advocating the exact opposite of that.
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

But you are probably not going to change your mind anyway, scum.
ImageImage

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath is going to place his vote on Nerolunar. He feels that this post is fishy because although Nero says that we need to lynch people who arn't providing information in favor of our pursuit of the cops. Perhaps chaindeath is not the best person to call someone on this but it would seem that apart from saying outright that these people are cops Nero hasn't done much of what he is saying the baddies are doing. Thoughts?
I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what you mean here, chaindeath. This is not an accusation, just a friendly request for you to try to restate your point another way.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nerolunar wrote:Actually I said that we should pursue exactly the people that we think are scum + give most information. I don´t know how you could think that I was advocating the exact opposite of that.
What information do you think an Epignosis lynch would provide in the event that he flips as a cop?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Actually I said that we should pursue exactly the people that we think are scum + give most information. I don´t know how you could think that I was advocating the exact opposite of that.
What information do you think an Epignosis lynch would provide in the event that he flips as a cop?
Im not sure, but he has been posting a lot more and more consistently than both Chaindeath and EloSerge.
ImageImage

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Soneji needs chaindeath to clarify what he means with his question about Nerolunar. Do you mean that Nero has provided no case as to why people are scum or that he is advocating an info lynch over just lynching the person we think he is scum?

Soneji is very good with words but he fails to comprehend them when they are in an order that makes no sense. He feels that by talking in third person he may better understand the enigma that is chaindeath.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Nero, who were your team mates in Arkham?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

General question for everyone except the two players mentioned: can you envision a universe in which both Nero and chaindeath are town?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Soneji also feels it prudent to note that Elochin has been posting in the Spirited Away game while I can't remember the last time she has posted here.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

I can envision it mainly due to the fact that townies have been at each other throats all game. Unless Scotty was the seemer, we have a consensus townie in SVS who was certain Scotty was scum for some time. Both Nero and chaindeath have done things that could look scummy to the other, while both if town know they are town. So they are looking at the other thinking that hes the scummy one of the two, as no way both of them can be after everything.

After Boomslang and Ika, its hard to believe that townies can't look awfully scummy, even if one of them was the seemer.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:I can envision it mainly due to the fact that townies have been at each other throats all game. Unless Scotty was the seemer, we have a consensus townie in SVS who was certain Scotty was scum for some time. Both Nero and chaindeath have done things that could look scummy to the other, while both if town know they are town. So they are looking at the other thinking that hes the scummy one of the two, as no way both of them can be after everything.

After Boomslang and Ika, its hard to believe that townies can't look awfully scummy, even if one of them was the seemer.
Here's an exercise: assuming Nero and chaindeath are both town, draw up the resulting cop team in your mindset.

Return to “Previous Jobs”