It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [DAY 11] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I do think Epi has played a suspicious game on many levels, and I can understand why it'd be difficult to pull away from the lynch now. But it looks to me like conclusive evidence is slapping us in the face and it would seem foolish to ignore it. agleaminranks changed sides on Night 1, after his role was triggered on Day 1. We can conclusively state that agleam's original don voted for him on Day 1. I can only find evidence that five people voted for agleam on Day 1 at any point, and only two of them can sensibly have been the don -- one of whom is currently leading this tally by a lot, and the other of whom is hellbent on his destruction.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hosts: if either of you witnessed one of the dons voting for one of the traitors in the poll without it having been documented in an actual thread post, would that have been enough to trigger the traitor's "ability"?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

As well as Soneji has played in recent phases, he has said at least one thing that strikes me as dubious:
Soneji wrote:*That is meant to say that now that I have a better feel for this sites layout and style of play, that I'm more comfortable approaching the game now.

Its also due in good part to a game on NF I was playing in ending along with me abandoning any hope of truly catching up 100%, so I have just been focusing more on recent events and looking through ISO's. You brought up awhile ago that knowing I was in the Championship tournament last year changed your outlook on me, it starting up recently has sparked in me a desire to really show what I'm capable of, on more than just NF, to have been worthy of being called a Champion of my home site. My performance in it last year was rather pathetic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hosts: if either of you witnessed one of the dons voting for one of the traitors in the poll without it having been documented in an actual thread post, would that have been enough to trigger the traitor's "ability"?
Yes
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Okay, so I can't tell any of you folks whether someone left an undocumented vote on agleam on Day 1, that's going to have to be up to you. Unless you specifically remember it happening, I don't know what else to say.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:Epignosis

Dom's flip should seal it for those who weren't already convinced.
Why?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm having an epiphany moment and Soneji is a cop. Everything working his favor lately has always been small, and it only seemed meaningful because Epi and Nero had absorbed our attention. This guy has been full of crap for days.

"I am playing harder now because I want to show what I'm made of."

There's no reason that wouldn't have also impacted his lurky early game. Bull.

"I'm used to the site format and style now."

This website is extremely easy to grasp, and nothing in his posts implies a struggle with player style. Bull.

Kill him.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:Epignosis

Dom's flip should seal it for those who weren't already convinced.
Why?
He has defended both Mongoose and Draconus based on meta reasons multiple times throughout this game. Last phase he was pushing chaindeath and Nero as teammates to make it possible for Dom to be town.

First he presents me and Dom as the other two:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar and chaindeath are both cops. Nerolunar says he wants chaindeath lynched but has exhibited little effort to that end. chaindeath has voted Nerolunar twice, but exhibited no effort to that end. Neither one is making a strong effort against the other. At this stage of things, why aren't they at each others' throats?
Who are their team mates?
This is GTH even if I don't like it, isn't it?

Very well.

Soneji and Dom.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Epi, what you just asserted Nero is doing is impossible unless you're willing to call Elohcin a cop.
Impossible? As in, "under no circumstances whatsoever?"
If he and chain are trying to hold it together now and instead lynch Dom to win it, then there are no townies left (unless you accuse a trusted player). If Dom is town and you're town, then Elo cannot be town.
Soneji is a trusted player now?
I didn't say that. What cop team is there if you, Eloh, and Dom are all town?
chaindeath, Nerolunar, Soneji, and Turnip Head.
Then he moves onto saying TH is the last member. Then he retracts on that:

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Why does this board have a limit on how many quotes you can have?
Epignosis wrote:
Soneji is a trusted player now?
I didn't say that. What cop team is there if you, Eloh, and Dom are all town?[/quote]

chaindeath, Nerolunar, Soneji, and Turnip Head.[/quote]

Yeah you screwed up. Oops!

You're only trying to appeal to S~V~S at this point. You don't believe TH is bad. You're obvious and you hate it.[/quote]

No, I don't believe Turnip Head is bad. I don't believe S~V~S is either (in fact, I think I have her role pegged).[/quote]

Hes very wishy-washy on who the cop team is without offering much explanation on why his views keep changing.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Note how his careful methods have vanished and now he's just chilling waiting for an Epi lynch without a word. Oh my goodness lynch this guy.

LOL there he is! :rolleyes:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I'll just say it then, since the day is dwindling down now. I think Epignosis is the don, and that lynching him today would win the game for the cops (with the only possible recovery coming from a failed arrest and/or a prison break). I still find Nero suspicious, but Turnip has a vital role in that discussion now and I really hope he can show up and gimme something there.
I don't think Epi is the Don.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epi is nearly mechanically confirmed as a townie now, so try again.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I'll just say it then, since the day is dwindling down now. I think Epignosis is the don, and that lynching him today would win the game for the cops (with the only possible recovery coming from a failed arrest and/or a prison break). I still find Nero suspicious, but Turnip has a vital role in that discussion now and I really hope he can show up and gimme something there.
Are you?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I'm having an epiphany moment and Soneji is a cop. Everything working his favor lately has always been small, and it only seemed meaningful because Epi and Nero had absorbed our attention. This guy has been full of crap for days.

"I am playing harder now because I want to show what I'm made of."

There's no reason that wouldn't have also impacted his lurky early game. Bull.
Why wouldn't it, if I wasn't motivated to do so at that time?
"I'm used to the site format and style now."

This website is extremely easy to grasp, and nothing in his posts implies a struggle with player style. Bull.

Kill him.
For someone who comes from a site with unlimited multi-quote and lynches not being in polls, it does take some getting used to. The players here are heavily meta reliant, metas that I have no knowledge of because I haven't played here much. Matt in the Spirited Away game was doing fake BTSC posts in the game thread and flipped town. There is a cultural difference and it takes time to get used to players after having been in only one place for three years.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Epi is nearly mechanically confirmed as a townie now, so try again.
You asked me to explain my reasoning for a post I made near phase start, before this Epi as a Don thing started up. Your "try again" is incredibly twisting to act as if I'm only making the point to dissuade people away from the idea.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Epi is nearly mechanically confirmed as a townie now, so try again.
You asked me to explain my reasoning for a post I made near phase start, before this Epi as a Don thing started up. Your "try again" is incredibly twisting to act as if I'm only making the point to dissuade people away from the idea.
Why would I twist anything? I can't be a cop.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
To get a rise out of me? Do you agree or disagree with the point that your "try again" doesn't apply to my answering of a question from before this whole Epi situation started?

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Okay this is strange. Reading through the last few pages and Slooneis behavior seems really desperate suddenly.
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Nero, you've opened this phase with eagerness on two fronts:

1. Let's lynch Elohcin.

2. Let's lynch chaindeath.

What do you think of Epignosis right now and where does he stand among your lynch priorities?
This recent spreadsheet stuff has me intrigued, so I would prefer either Chaindeath or Elohcin, just so we can get more time to see if Epignosis really is bad. Maybe Soneji is indeed bad?

The people I am most sure of are Chaindeath and Elohcin. Im willing to give Epignosis more time. With that said though, I will vote for the player that the majority decides to lynch, providing it isn´t myself or one of my town reads(Sloonei and TH obv.)

I wont be around at EoD though, so that sucks.
you want to lynch somebody else to get a read on Epi while we're in a lylo? wut? Why are you lacking confidence about Epi? You voted for him yesterday, didn't you? What about that whole thing where he tried to trap you?
Here he specifically makes me remember why I was sus of Epignosis to start with. Even though he has been so god damn civ all the time it looks like some cracks might be showing. Im really wary of him now, and I also feel just a little bit better about Epi.

Ask yourself guys - who can we all agree on is most likely to be a cop? I think we need to focus on actually staying in the game and right now I can only see myself lynching low-hanging fruit. Im thinking Elohcin - does anyone object to that, and if so, why? I know you guys still have some faith in Chaindeath, so Im not going there right now unless you guys want to. Then I will be happy.

But for now - Elohcin.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
To get a rise out of me? Do you agree or disagree with the point that your "try again" doesn't apply to my answering of a question from before this whole Epi situation started?
I think you're way too worried about "try again", and instead of focusing on that you should answer its call: if Epi is no longer the doubtless cop you painted him to be at the opening of this phase, then where do you stand?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Are you?
Remind me again why you think Epi is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

At this moment the issue for me is that I've basically slotted Sloonei as a Don for most of this game based off of Ika's saying that an arrest failed on him. Him saying that he thinks there is a 3/10 chance that Epi is a Don threw me through a loop, as I'd think if he was Don he'd put it as a 1/10, unless he doubts TH being a Don.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nerolunar wrote:Okay this is strange. Reading through the last few pages and Slooneis behavior seems really desperate suddenly.
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Nero, you've opened this phase with eagerness on two fronts:

1. Let's lynch Elohcin.

2. Let's lynch chaindeath.

What do you think of Epignosis right now and where does he stand among your lynch priorities?
This recent spreadsheet stuff has me intrigued, so I would prefer either Chaindeath or Elohcin, just so we can get more time to see if Epignosis really is bad. Maybe Soneji is indeed bad?

The people I am most sure of are Chaindeath and Elohcin. Im willing to give Epignosis more time. With that said though, I will vote for the player that the majority decides to lynch, providing it isn´t myself or one of my town reads(Sloonei and TH obv.)

I wont be around at EoD though, so that sucks.
you want to lynch somebody else to get a read on Epi while we're in a lylo? wut? Why are you lacking confidence about Epi? You voted for him yesterday, didn't you? What about that whole thing where he tried to trap you?
Here he specifically makes me remember why I was sus of Epignosis to start with. Even though he has been so god damn civ all the time it looks like some cracks might be showing. Im really wary of him now, and I also feel just a little bit better about Epi.

Ask yourself guys - who can we all agree on is most likely to be a cop? I think we need to focus on actually staying in the game and right now I can only see myself lynching low-hanging fruit. Im thinking Elohcin - does anyone object to that, and if so, why? I know you guys still have some faith in Chaindeath, so Im not going there right now unless you guys want to. Then I will be happy.

But for now - Elohcin.
of course i'm desperate. We're at lylo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Are you?
It can only be either you or Epi based on Day 1 votes. You basically rejected yourself as the don when you showed any interest at all in my tracking of the Day 1 votes before. If you're the don then this investigation is always immaterial to you.

So we're left with Epi.

The other agleam voters of Day 1 were Golden, S~V~S, and DDL -- all of whom are incompatible with a don role.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Soneji wrote:At this moment the issue for me is that I've basically slotted Sloonei as a Don for most of this game based off of Ika's saying that an arrest failed on him. Him saying that he thinks there is a 3/10 chance that Epi is a Don threw me through a loop, as I'd think if he was Don he'd put it as a 1/10, unless he doubts TH being a Don.
I think Turnip Head is a don. I don't think Epignosis is a Don.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Are you?
It can only be either you or Epi based on Day 1 votes. You basically rejected yourself as the don when you showed any interest at all in my tracking of the Day 1 votes before. If you're the don then this investigation is always immaterial to you.

So we're left with Epi.

The other agleam voters of Day 1 were Golden, S~V~S, and DDL -- all of whom are incompatible with a don role.
Right. I don't think Epi is the Don.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
I think you're way too worried about "try again", and instead of focusing on that you should answer its call: if Epi is no longer the doubtless cop you painted him to be at the opening of this phase, then where do you stand?
I have been focusing on thinking through that. If Epi is a Don, I have to rethink my position on Elo due to his defending of her earlier and Sloonei and TH become suspects again, mainly TH who hasn't been around and was a viable suspect earlier. Nero and chaindeath then become quite probably teammates.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

New question, Sloonei:

Did you give Epi a 3/10 chance of donhood because that's how you compare him to Turnip?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:New question, Sloonei:

Did you give Epi a 3/10 chance of donhood because that's how you compare him to Turnip?
I find it much more likely that Turnip Head is one of the Dons than Epi. The original question was about how likely I think it is that they're both Dons. I was probably too generous with that 3.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

So you think someone not named Epi among the living players is the don alongside Turnip?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:So you think someone not named Epi among the living players is the don alongside Turnip?
Yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Okay. I think we're all exploring Sloonei as a don instead of Epi (it makes perfect sense given Sloonei's reaction to Dom's non-lynch). He's not claiming it or hinting it at all, so if he is the don then I commend the gamesmanship.

I've trusted Sloonei all game and I won't stop now.

Epignosis
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [Day 10] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

I've been looking over Epi's posts last phase again and something that stood out to me is that while Epi kept pushing chaindeath and Nero as teammates, he never really talked about why chaindeath is suspicious outside of connecting him to Nero.
Epignosis wrote:chaindeath

Epignosis is starting with you.
Epignosis wrote:But Epignosis is going to have to start tomorrow, because he has other things to do right now.
He never actually got around to starting in on chaindeath but went back to focusing on Nero.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Okay. I think we're all exploring Sloonei as a don instead of Epi (it makes perfect sense given Sloonei's reaction to Dom's non-lynch). He's not claiming it or hinting it at all, so if he is the don then I commend the gamesmanship.

I've trusted Sloonei all game and I won't stop now.

Epignosis
How do you currently feel about Soneji?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Valid observation, Soneji. How do you feel that reflects on Nero and chain?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:How do you currently feel about Soneji?
Isn't it fun to never really know? :dark:

If Epi's not a don then I'd rather lynch Epi than Soneji.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:How do you currently feel about Soneji?
Isn't it fun to never really know? :dark:

If Epi's not a don then I'd rather lynch Epi than Soneji.
Me too. I'll review your case against the guy who's name looks like mine in a moment and see if it changes anything for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei, did you ever think you'd have 1,000 posts in a Mafia game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Sloonei, did you ever think you'd have 1,000 posts in a Mafia game?
It's been a dream of mine since I was a child, but I never once imagined it would actually come true. Have I reached the magic number?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

No, I have 4 more to go.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Valid observation, Soneji. How do you feel that reflects on Nero and chain?
If Epi flips as a cop, I'd feel worse about chaindeath and better about Nero. It would come off to me as him wanting to press both as mafia so that he could put Elo and Dom in the townpile but wanting Nero to look worse between the two.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Sloonei, did you ever think you'd have 1,000 posts in a Mafia game?
This game is probably the first time as a player I'll have more than 100 posts. Even with post-game posts being counted, I don't think I've ever passed that amount on NF.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:
This game is probably the first time as a player I'll have more than 100 posts. Even with post-game posts being counted, I don't think I've ever passed that amount on NF.
This is Prisoner 509378's first game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Warning: with the internet stuff and various RL scheduling issues, the end of Day will very likely be a few hours late. We apologize for the delay.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Warning: with the internet stuff and various RL scheduling issues, the end of Day will very likely be a few hours late. We apologize for the delay.
:puppy: :fist:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm afraid I don't have anything new to say at this moment, unless people have questions for me. My main is as completely made up on Epi today as it ever will be. After him I still think Eloh is a good lynch, and one of chaindeath or nero, but my decision there is waiting on Turnip Head's thoughts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP: my *mind* is as completely made up
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
This is Prisoner 509378's first game.
If you weren't a confirmed town I wouldn't have been able to handle playing with you.

*has flashback to last year Champion's game*

:scared:

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Askthepizzaguy is an inspiration and an influence. :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Askthepizzaguy is an inspiration and an influence. :noble:
You guys had wifi and access to the champs tournament in the slammer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”