Total votes: 11
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 242
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Day 6)

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:
Dom wrote:Matt, I don't think I'd buy what you're seeling but Black Rock and Illy are not enemies, no.
Yeah, I was kidding about them being enemies obvi.

You don't think you'd buy it, tho? How long until you decide if you'll actually buy it or not? :ponder:
Is it obvi? Because it sure looked like you were trying to form a case on their badness, if not their teammate connection.

I tend to agree with Epi's assessment and think she is Lady Edith but based on the timing of posts, and Not necessarily her writing style. But I didn't want to say that and paint her as such, but Epi did that anyway.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Matt »

Cool, I think I went a little crazy anyway, trying to link people when I'm not even sure if one is Mafia.

What does everyone think of just Illy, the Doomstress of Downton? I posted quite a bit about her, I thought.

I don't believe she "had no idea" she missed two votes. Elohcin strikes me as someone who would PM you if you missed two consecutive votes and would be like "so hey, ummmm what up?"

I think she very clearly avoided two civ bandwagons on both Days 1 and 2.

I believe she asked way too many mechanical questions at the beginning of the game, even asking if green was still OT. Like, I'm looking at the button now, and it even says OT. You press OT, you type in some stuff, it comes out green.

But I guess she's alright cuz Epi the President of Civ Lynches says she's on the level. Honestly I'd be down with an Epi lynch too, but I won't vote that way today, I wanna get dat Illy!

Derpa derpy derp derp derp
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:Cool, I think I went a little crazy anyway, trying to link people when I'm not even sure if one is Mafia.

What does everyone think of just Illy, the Doomstress of Downton? I posted quite a bit about her, I thought.

I don't believe she "had no idea" she missed two votes. Elohcin strikes me as someone who would PM you if you missed two consecutive votes and would be like "so hey, ummmm what up?"

I believe she asked way too many mechanical questions at the beginning of the game, even asking if green was still OT. Like, I'm looking at the button now, and it even says OT. You press OT, you type in some stuff, it comes out green.

But I guess she's alright cuz Epi the President of Civ Lynches says she's on the level. Honestly I'd be down with an Epi lynch too, but I won't vote that way today, I wanna get dat Illy!

I am on the fence with her. On one hand, I was mildly suspicious of her for asking those mechanical questions and didn't find her input to be stirring the pot at all. Behavior that could be Mafia.
On the other hand, she is coming back after being away for a while and I don't know how she operates. Spacedaisy probably knew her better in that sense, which is a shame.

I think Epi being bad gives new life to the game. I do think that Illy could be a candidate for evil, but if I had to guess, I'd suppose that at least one baddie has their hand in the honey and has been churning butter with that honey (if you get my drift), while the others 1/2 are sitting back in their reclining chair.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Again, maybe it was missed because I was yakkin' it up before, but let's be clear...follow this please...please...

Illy says this before BWT flips...
Illyria wrote:I have never read BWT right, this game proves no exception.
Afterwards, both Llama and Dom question her on what she means by this, considering she shouldn't even know if she's right or not on BWT. (Not to mention that she never even tells us what her opinion is of BWT, I still don't know what it was, but I'm getting sidetracked, apologies...)

She responds to Llama and Dom with this...
Illyria wrote:Because I could not decide where he fell, and I know BWT (or did) he was the only player that I knew upon whom I was waffling. I have the new to me people in a ??? category right now until I get a better feel for them as we go.
The red is a lie. Let's go back to her original post...

D Faraday I am not sure.

Dom, you have been making my eyebrow crick for the last day-- to be fair I can not tell if there are still the vestiges of the puppy in there or if it is something else.

LC... I.. am not sure... but I worry. I have yet to dileneate if that is from Mafias Past or this one.
BWT, in fact, was NOT the only person she knew "upon whom she was waffling". She was clearly waffling on both Dom and LC, as well, so WHY would she use that reason? It's a flat out lie.

Now, I'm sure Epi or someone will say "Why would she lie blah blah blah" and y'know what, I have no idea. But it is what it is. She was questioned about BWT, and in return, lied as an answer. Take that as you will.

Why, you ask? I dunno, ask her. Please, everyone, let's ask Illy.

Illy are you bad?

Linki - Scotty, how do you explain Epi being taken off the poll twice if he's bad? Just unfortunate targetting by the civ who takes peeps off the poll?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con has 99 posts of beer on the wall, 99 posts of beer.

The first comment was a compliment to Sorsha and an observation about me, and then he asks ika and Silverwolf if they've ever been bad here. I am not sure if Long Con bothered with Turf Wars at Endgame, but ika was bad there.

After that is discussion on lie detectors in AWR. LC is not bothered by ika's refusal to spill the beans regarding his Day 1 opinions and says they are probably not helpful anyway.

LC first agrees with Dom about something BR said, but then questions Dom about it, and in the same breath, votes DF.
Long Con wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

As for Ika's comments re: Epi, I don't agree with it. And I think the practice of policy voting people for not playing a distinctly town game, regardless of whether that person is actually bad, is itself not a town strategy.
I tend to think that baddies, primarily when there is only one baddie team, would be more inclined to give Civ reads than baddie reads, because they're honest (aka 100% sure), whereas any baddie reads are inherently dishonest and harder to manage. That's the feeling I got from this post of yours. Putting my vote on DFaraday at this time.
DFaraday said he didn't think Dom had done anything deserving of votes, and that he doesn't agree with ika.

This was on page nine, and by this point (going backwards):

Silverwolf had just called spacedaisy good.
spacedaisy said Dom and Silverwolf were good.
ika had just said Silverwolf, Illyria, Scotty, Sorsha and Nerolunar

I could go on.

So this raises the question: Was Long Con genuine in his reason for voting DFaraday when he passed by all those who had freely waved around the label of "civilian?"
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:For people suspecting DFaraday, do you think this is unusual behavior for him or just vapid behavior?
That question really tries to force the answer to be one of the two, that's kind of weird to me. I don't suspect him for unusual OR vapid behaviour. I suspect him because of what I consider baddie behaviour. You didn't answer my question to you about the dichotomy of your previous post.
Again, if Long Con genuinely believed DFaraday of exhibiting "baddie behaviour," then why was he not inclined to suspect those who came before DF who were calling people civilians?
Long Con wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

As for Ika's comments re: Epi, I don't agree with it. And I think the practice of policy voting people for not playing a distinctly town game, regardless of whether that person is actually bad, is itself not a town strategy.
This post is scummy due to the fact that it's an instant defense of the leading wagon.
That's a good way of putting it. The opinion about Epi is a nice safe one as well, for those who have played with Epi a lot. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's almost TOO obvious an opinion to have.
A nice safe opinion, eh? Too obvious?
Long Con wrote:That is some respectable past-game linking. Epi doesn't seem suspicious for being against the LD statement before it was cool... as soon as I saw the plan, I was shaking my head. It's a cheap way out that sucks the creativity and judgment out of the Lie Detector role, and I am always a proponent of acting in the best interests of the spirit of the game, and the Host's intended function of the roles. It's cool to try and find loopholes, but as a host I almost always just close the loophole with a 'spirit of the game' argument.
Someone explain to me how this isn't inherently hypocritical.

And it would appear that DF already raised one of the above points:
Long Con wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I don't really see the Dom suspicion at all and yet he already has four votes. Are the votes changeable this game? I might have missed where it says.
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:So I'm sitting here on the latrine with a revolver pressed against my cranium and I'm currently reading Sherlock Holmes. So there ya go.

Anyone else want to make some gun to head reads?
Don't you think it's a little early?
*There's a note next to Wilgy's body*

It's never too late for love. Seize the chance while you can. Life is too short.

*It seems like Wilgy wanted his friends to go out and hug those who are near to them (before his demise of course)*
lol, I have loved you from the first moment I hosted you.
And here BR said the same thing as me. But I guess it's only suspicious when I find sudden bandwagons forming almost instantly and for no clear reason to be weird.
That's a reasonable point. I'm not trying to unfairly single you out, but your post pinged my gut. I don't control the gut, it controls ME! :haha: Your post, though, gave a soft defense of Dom AND "safe" defense of Epi in the same post, so that caught my attention more.

That said, there are others besides you and BR that have said Dom doesn't seem suspicious to them.
DFaraday wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

This post is scummy due to the fact that it's an instant defense of the leading wagon.
Is going along with bandwagons more townish behavior?
Changeable votes has given me a changeable mind regarding that... with fixed votes, this looks like a big ol' bandwagon to me. With changeable votes, I see it as a conversation-pusher. I don't expect all of them to still have their votes on Dom by the time the lynch is up, I think the early voting/piling on tends to be more of a part of the journey than the end point.
thellama73 wrote:'Safe" is exactly the right word, Long Con. Well put.
I pat Silver's back, you pat mine. I'm Even Steven.
LC excuses the inconsistency with a jovial reference to his gut. However, when he voted, he made no mention of gut- just "baddie behaviour." One would expect his

LC's Day 1 vote really looks more like a safe place to park a vote and then downplay the meaningfulness of the suspicion, implicitly asking the rest of the thread not to follow him.

Next LC wonders if DrWilgy is bad, opines that no-lynches on Day 1 are a bad idea, and that it sucks to see bwt go. After I pressed LC about BR's vote (from him to me), he said:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Polo wrote:You've got a lot more experience than I do. In how many of the Day 1 lynches in the games you've been part of as a civ did you manage to lynch Mafia? Less than 20%?
Last game I played we lynched scum D1, D2, D4 and won the game. It can happen. If we don't lynch, it won't happen at all. Plus, the info. that can be gained from the lynch, flips is helpful for D2. Seeing voting patterns helps read players. I'm not even sure why you wouldn't want to lynch on D1 even if the odds were high it would be on a civ. Otherwise, D2 is the same as D1 with no info. except a night kill.
Yeah, not lynching someone on Day 1 doesn't solve any problems. You have to start the game by just diving in.

Sucks to see BWT lynched so early again as a civ, I am down for a policy No-Lynch of him for the first couple of days in the next few games. Sorry I wasn't around for the later part of the lynch, I was busy and then I was at work. I doubt my vote would have changed anyways.

Dom, I have to look back, did anything more happen with that weird response you gave me earlier?
Black Rock voted for you, and when I called her out for it, she voted for me.

Go.
I was surprised at the vote. I didn't agree with the places that you tried to take it, where BR and I are on a baddie team together and she was doing a distancing vote for those purposes. You can have a look at Flash Mafia for us as baddie teammates if you like. Maybe Monopoly Mafia, if you count that as well.

Maybe Black Rock had the right idea when she voted for you. Your theory was base mudslinging, and when it was pointed out that it didn't match our baddie metas, you glibly said something about good baddies not acting the same as before. That was lame.
I have never seen LC appeal to "meta" before. Ever. Has anyone else? Isn't an appeal to your own "meta" the lame thing here?

LC answers Silverwolf about him agreeing with her and defines "mudslinging" for me. He says that he doesn't think I believe what I'm saying in the thread (which is an inert accusation, really).

After Day 2 begins, LC votes for Scotty for "buddying" him, but doesn't actually vote in the poll. There's a moot discussion about vote forcing.
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:I guess what I'm tryin to say is: Metalmarsh

I could very well see a Dom or DFaraday/MM pairing. A teammate trying to save one of the big trains by attaching to another. A day 1 marmot lynch wouldn't be so bad, would it?
Scotty, where are you on this idea today?

I agree with Llama, I doubt Matt is the baddie we are looking for. I am looking over Scotty's posts right now to see if I can shore up my buddying suspicion, but I'm not seeing much there. Either he's playing a very careful game, or he's not bad. Either way, obviously a Scotty lynch isn't in the cards today, so I'll switch to DFaraday.
LC defends Matt and votes DF again. What LC agrees with is this:
thellama73 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Of all the people garnering votes at the moment Matt is the one that seems the most likely to be bad. For the moment my vote is going there, but I'm not certain I'll leave it there yet. Plus, I really don't know that I think DF is bad and I'm historically crap at reading him so I have no desire to mislynches him early yet again.
This makes me really distrust Spacedaisy. I don't think she thinks Matt is bad, but rather that his death would be more convenient than DFaraday's.
Next, LC lightly chastises Sorsha about "low-hanging fruit" and says Black Rock should participate more, but that he won't be discussing her. In between that, he accused Scotty of defending a civilian DF:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
sig wrote:I won't be around much tomorrow, but will hopefully be around at EOD. If not I'll be voting now.

I still believe there is a good chance DF is mafia. Last game in which I suspected him and didn't follow through he did end up flipping mafia. So I'll be voting for him today.

Lynch DFaraday
Bubbles wrote:im here! i voted dfaraday cause i'm following sig's lead
not because i have any affiliation with sig
but he's the last person to vote and there is no way i can catch up right now, at work
i hope i am not wrong
Both of these votes are terrible and make no sense.
I'm actually with you on this one. We've got "he was mafia last game" and "i'm just copying the last person I saw when I logged in"

Woof. I feel better about DFaraday right now, also considering that he has been mafia twice in a row. Lightning doesn't strike thrice, does it?
Actually this pings me a little about Scotty. I don't think he'd defend a Mafia teammate so blatantly, but if DF is Civ then this 'logic' is what I'd expect a baddie do do to get some cred for defending a civ.

And what was the traffic cone marriage thing? I think that's another one that went over my head.
LC speculates about what it could mean if DFaraday is a civilian, but LC is still voting DF.

Then there's a lengthy post in which he responds to several people. In that post, he tosses a few questions and some suspicion Illyria's way, considers Polo a civilian based on vibes, and gives spacedaisy the eye for "pointless filler."
Long Con wrote:
ika wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:With no message from Lady Edith, that means Edith was blocked, could not muster the inspiration to write a solitary word, or the poor girl is dead somewhere in the English wilderness, her body probably consumed by wolves of silver. :puppy:
I doubt Edith was blocked, I think it's more likely that she missed sending in her PM. The killer could have been blocked as well, instead of a successful protection.
which would imply thats black rock based on her not being around no?
That's my assumption, yes.
:ponder:
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
sig wrote:
sig wrote:I see three scenarios here.

1. Ika is mafia and killed Silver before she could get a strong read on him.
2. Someone killed Silver to frame Ika, this points to an experienced mafia member.
3. Silver mainly talked about DF, Epi, and LC around the time of her death and EOD. One of them is mafia and killed her.
I'm requoting this, the more I think about the more likely it is to be true, plus I think all three would think that Ika could be framed for Silver's death. I'll do the leg work for it over the phase, I'm just throwing out some thoughts right now.
It's possible, of the three I thinkDF is the least likely to do this and I feel pretty good about Epi. DF could be bad, LC could be bad. I could see LC pulling this.
:| Is that because I suspect you?

How does killing Silverwolf frame ika? That seems... counter-logical.
I wasn't aware you suspected me, so no it's not because you suspect me.

And I never said the silver kill frames ika. Sig said that.
Yeah stop giving Daisy credit for my tin foiling.
I don't think I did that. :goofp: Sig said "Someone killed Silver to frame Ika", SD said "I think all three would think that Ika could be framed for Silver's death.", then I said "How does killing Silverwolf frame ika? That seems... counter-logical."........ I know the "giving credit" thing is a joke, but Spacedaisy is slightly defensive about it, not wanting to be the person suggesting it.

I'm not surprised that ika is off the poll today, because killing Silverwolf, to me, makes him look extremely Civ. Just like, if Black Rock were killed Night 1, you can be sure that I'm not Mafia, because I would never do that due to the fact that she's my wife and would cause me intense grief in RL for it. :haha: When I'm bad, my go-to early kills are designed to frame people... but usually other people.

As for the orange coloured stuff:
Spacedaisy, follow this link and tell me again that you were not aware that I suspected you. Me saying "I have a bit more Daisy suspish now than when I started this post, so I no longer base her lynchableness on the DF flip." is a good indicator that I suspected you.
:ponder: :ponder:

After that, LC dialed back on the DF suspicion, and said he would rather lynch Scotty. In the next multiquote lengthy post, LC recaps the spacedaisy suspicion. His conclusions are mostly hedged statements, so I didn't quite understand this...
Long Con wrote:I did think your case on Lorab looked pretty good, Epi, and I could easily vote there... but I'm going to put my vote on Spacedaisy today.
...but he explained here.

LC grills sig during Night 3 and votes him Day 4.

LC expresses disappointment in the Wilgy lynch, but maintains that he might have been faking the curse. It would seem LC doesn't hold that opinion anymore. He also expressed suspicion of Nerolunar.
Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Tbh I find it weird that Wilgy listed me. I don´t have BTSC with anyone of any alignment. I think it was more of a scum read from him, and not an indicator of how his role worked out.
It took you a long time to say that. Is that because you didn't want the Lie Detector to check it last night?

Of Wilgy's bad list, you are the one I trust the least, so Nerolunar.

I was catching up on my phone last night, and the stuff between ika and Epi and Dom had me shaking my head and furrowing my brow. I'll reread on the computer, and see what I think.
LC goes after Nerolunar about not having BTSC and not saying so at Night. Then LC questions ika and engages with sig about Wilgy's known role versus spacedaisy's unknown role.
Long Con wrote:Epignosis
Epignosis (1)
100%

:srsnod:
I don't know what this means.

LC goes through all of Dom's posts and comes away with an elevated level of suspicion.

LC agrees with me about Scotty's use of a conjunction and then is either flattering me or making fun of me.

LC mentions examining Illyria, and then posts all caps.

++++

Long Con has several fishy posts, votes, reasons, and interactions.

And Black Rock is still alive.

I would consider voting LC, but I have more detective work to do.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In 84 posts, Matt has done this:

The first posts lamented catching up and having to read. He asks Dom who is bad. Matt says Polo is and votes bwt "randomly."
Matt wrote:I see I have four votes, and I'm soooo sorry Scotty but currently I'm catching up so I might get a thought or two out there before lynch ends today.

Currently on page 5, and Illy, Sorsha, and Ika are bothering me somewhat, but I can't pinpoint it. Illy, tho, in her first few posts, said something like "went back and read the rules and so here's my childhood memory" and I feel like since she felt like she had to explain why she was posting her childhood memory so late, maybe there's something fishy there. Hmmm.

As for my memory, btw, ummmm, playing Tripoli with Grandma Dyar during summer visits to Illinois. Totes awesome.

Anyway, off to read some more...serious peeps, take your vote off me for realz :(
This is the first post of any substance. He names Illyria, Sorsha, and ika as bothersome, but gives no reason why for the second two. His accusation of Illyria makes no sense.

He says Illyria is still his top suspect because Illyria is faking her questions about mechanics in order to give the impression that she doesn't have a team...but what if she, you know, doesn't have a team?

He makes a quick comment on Lorab but doesn't revisit it. He says people should quickly lynch Illyria and thellama73. He accuses Long Con and continues his crusade against Illyria.
Matt wrote:After SW was lynched...
thellama73 wrote:I guess we can rule out Ika as being mafia, then, can't we?
Why? From what little I've seen of them, they pride themselves on being able to see right through each other, so ika NKing the Wolf would actually make sense so she doesn't catch on to him later.
Maybe Matt is faking when he calls the SW kill a "lynch" to make people think he's not on the killing team. :meany:

Matt says he doesn't feel good about Scotty because Scotty questioned Matt's random vote. Matt voting randomly is not something I doubt, whether he has a team or not.

Matt asks people about Polo and says Polo isn't saying anything of substance. He suspects Bubbles but wants to give bea a chance. When Polo says something of substance, Matt laughs at Polo:
Matt wrote:
Polo wrote:This counter bandwagon on DFaraday is making me really suspicious of those who are voting him. Not only sig and Bubbles (who had awful reasons for doing so) but those who voted later, considering Matt has lots of votes.

If DFaraday is lynched and he turns out to be a civ, then there's a chance Matt is mafia and the mafiosos are trying to protect him by having DFaraday take the bullet.
Hahaha.
And Matt has the nerve to tell people to step it up:
Matt wrote:To MM, Faraday, Scotty

You helped contribute to a civ lynch on Day 1 by voting Bwt (yeah I did too), and you currently all have your votes on me.

Step it up, gentleman.

I'm going to vote Illy for now in case we want to do a surprise attack on her, but I may change it in about 20 minutes depending on what happens with bea/bubbles and DF.
:rolleyes:
Matt wrote:
Polo wrote:
Matt wrote:Polo - Of all time or on this site?
Of all time; I don't include Avant Mafia 1 (@Progarchives) because that was a good 6 years ago.
Oh. I didn't know that. I thought you were just new to this site.

Give me a name of a non-absentee who you think might be bad.

Linki - Illy - at least I have reasons for voting for you. The votes on me seem purely because I "haven't been around", and that's lame. Especially from MM, who somewhat knows my situation.

In fact, MM not changing his vote at all makes me think there might be a baddie between Faraday and Bubbles (if MM were bad, of course), and I'm wondering if I should vote one of them.

Linki MM - Until today, I was an absent folk, so your point? Haha
Matt eases up on Polo but suggests that DF or Bubbles could be bad if MM is. Neither DF or Bubbles was, but Matt doesn't suggest lynching MM.

Matt bounces back and forth between DF and Bubbles.

Day 3, Matt is away a while to the extent that people believe he is silenced. He says he wants to lynch Illyria but goes Lorab.
Matt wrote:Yesterday DF almost died. Today he has no votes.

Nero, sig - Do you no longer find DF suss?

Also, Nero - Can't really put my finger on it wrt Illy. I felt she was asking too many questions in thread about stuff like the OT button.

I also think if one of Lorab/ika are bad, then we should check out the other.

Not currently voting for her, but I'm not opposed, at all, to a Daisy lynch.
:ponder:
Matt wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I HATE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW

:(

Sorry dude
:ponder: :ponder:

Matt says sig is bad so he votes ika. :shrug:

Then MM.

Then ika.

Then sig.

DrWilgy gets lynched.

Matt is convinced sig is the way to go.

Matt suggests that spacedaisy's team could have killed her to trick the Doctor. And that's not his most ridiculous idea. :rolleyes:

He says he thinks I'm right and that he will probably vote for me because I'm on Wilgy's list.

He throws down an Illyria vote analysis. He votes Illyria.

He questions ika about Illyria. He accuses Illyria of lying about missing votes. He says no one should listen to me because I've been leading lynches on civilians "left and right." I've led two lynches on civilians. I guess "two" could mean a left and a right. :shrug:

He implies that Illyria and Black Rock are a teammates.

He emphasizes again that he thinks Illyria is lying about missing votes and talking about site mechanics.

He says Illyria lied when she commented on bwt.

++++

I've said before that I don't believe Lorab was Tom, and that Tom has to be something of a loose cannon enough to switch the lynch from Lorab. How many people would use a lynch switch to save someone other than themselves? Matt fits. A counterpoint is that Matt might have switched the lynch to Illyria, but he didn't. :shrug:

But Matt is a loose cannon for sure. How dangerous is he? He's dangerous, regardless of his alignment. :meany:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Basically Epi just said I suck but I'm civ. Totes. :beer:

Illy anyone?
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Dom »

lc anypme?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:Again, maybe it was missed because I was yakkin' it up before, but let's be clear...follow this please...please...

Illy says this before BWT flips...
Afterwards, both Llama and Dom question her on what she means by this, considering she shouldn't even know if she's right or not on BWT. (Not to mention that she never even tells us what her opinion is of BWT, I still don't know what it was, but I'm getting sidetracked, apologies...)

She responds to Llama and Dom with this...
Illyria wrote:Because I could not decide where he fell, and I know BWT (or did) he was the only player that I knew upon whom I was waffling. I have the new to me people in a ??? category right now until I get a better feel for them as we go.
The red is a lie. Let's go back to her original post...

D Faraday I am not sure.

Dom, you have been making my eyebrow crick for the last day-- to be fair I can not tell if there are still the vestiges of the puppy in there or if it is something else.

LC... I.. am not sure... but I worry. I have yet to dileneate if that is from Mafias Past or this one.
BWT, in fact, was NOT the only person she knew "upon whom she was waffling". She was clearly waffling on both Dom and LC, as well, so WHY would she use that reason? It's a flat out lie.

Now, I'm sure Epi or someone will say "Why would she lie blah blah blah" and y'know what, I have no idea. But it is what it is. She was questioned about BWT, and in return, lied as an answer. Take that as you will.

Why, you ask? I dunno, ask her. Please, everyone, let's ask Illy.

Illy are you bad?

Linki - Scotty, how do you explain Epi being taken off the poll twice if he's bad? Just unfortunate targetting by the civ who takes peeps off the poll?
Well on your last point about Epi being taken off the poll- I know. That's the biggest strike against him being bad, honestly. I can only put so much trust in a civ and would think it odd that a civ would do that so often unless they were sure. I would expect one of the ones off the poll to actually be the role that is doing that, and Epi definitely qualifies.

Epi is a person that has put blind trust in civs so far this game. Who's to say the one taking him off the poll is because they trust him, and not necessarily because they share BTSC with him?

Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 88

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Day 5)

Post by Illyria »

Elohcin wrote:
A letter from our editor:

During my investigation I have determined that the ones we should be after are very experienced in blending in with our fellow civilians. We should be after those who excel at such things. This Mafia is smart and strong we need to take out a link or perish! I would look hard at Sorsha, Dom, and Long Con.
Works for me.
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:For reference: Epi, ika, Black Rock, Epi, nobody.
Thanks for reminding me of this- this is actually why I initially doubled back on my suspicion of you after day 1. I promise I'm not going to tunnel on you this entire phase, Epi. Edith does have a point to look at the ones that haven't been talking much.

I also believe Black Rock is good, on an unrelated note
Me too.

Common ground.... mystifying.
Matt wrote:BR I think you're the best so thanks for making me feel guilty right before I make a post attempting to link you and Illy as being in evil cahoots.

:puppy:
LOL. We are not in Evil Cahoots. Using that forever now, btw. :noble:
Matt wrote:Observe Illy's reactions to a few players she hasn't seen for a bit...

To Lorab
Illyria wrote:Also, HAHAHAHAHA I totally forgot that you did that!!! :haha: How are you??
To Dom
Illyria wrote:DOOOOMMMMMMMM!! OMG, how are you cutie?
To Long Con
Illyria wrote:THAT WAS MY BEST DEATH OF ALL TIME. I am sad I missed them as well, I have always loved playing in your games. It is so good to see your name pop up. Geez y'all are making my black and scarred heart feel all funny.
Now, in these instances, Illy is totes psyched to see these peeps and cannot contain her excitement. Now, let us see her reaction to Black Rock...
Illyria wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I'm late to the party again. I will go read. I'm a Debbie Downer today so I probably won't be on the forum much tonight.
:hug:
Okay. Okay we got a hug smiley. That's okay.

In that same post, she also replies to a few other Black Rock comments...
Illyria wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Seeing Illy play has brought my mood up. I like the return of old Mafia friends. I thought I'd never see her again.
Awww shug. I had to bail for a few to get some learnin done. :srsnod:
Okay. Okay then.

And when talking about Dom and whether he plays the same...
Illyria wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I can help with my opinion. For the most part yes. He's much more sneakier. Sometimes I think he falls back into habits but no one believes me when he does.
Huh. Okay good to know, thanks BR.
Huh. Good to know.

Were Illy and BR enemies back in the day or does anyone else think they already did their catch up in a little thing I like to call btsc? :mafia:

So you are using my OT comments as evidence? Really?

I hugged her because a typically loud Illyria response was not called for when she was upset. I can NOT believe I have to defend how I speak to someone off topic here.

My response of "Huh good to know." Was because I was getting pinged by Dom because his style changed. I then had to suss out if that was my only ping,and he got moved to the back burner. I am not the only one who is concerned about Dom either. It seems that Lady Edith has also been pinged by Dom.
Matt wrote:Cool, I think I went a little crazy anyway, trying to link people when I'm not even sure if one is Mafia.

Elochin did not PM me about missing votes, sorry boo.

I asked too many mechanical questions? Yes, the button did say OT-- but having been gone for two years and recognizing how different the game is from what I remember I wanted to be sure before I got lynched for using the wrong thing... But you are right.. It is not like someone would make a case on me based on my OT chatter.

For the bazillionth time. NO I AM NOT BAD. I AM A CIVVIE. I AM TOWN. I AM NOT MAFIA.

Matt wrote:Basically Epi just said I suck but I'm civ. Totes. :beer:

Illy anyone?
I agree with Epi, on both things. :meany:

And.. no.

Dom wrote:lc anypme?
Possibly. It will NOT be Epi or myself.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yo.

I'm actually really perturbed by Lady Rose. Like, I have literally no idea what she is doing.

As far as we know, she has insanified Wilgy to speak in weird caps lock cipher, and just today, LC seems to be afflicted with the same stupid cipher.

Forgive my bluntness but if LC's insanity is legit, Lady Rose is inept. I mean come on:
She provides a bit of fun to the thread by insanifying a player each night with the insanity of her choice
It's her choice to use her powers, but so far, that would mean she has done 2 insanifies in 5 cycles, and both times have been the exact same stupid insanity.

This just seems too unlikely to be true.

I think LC is faking.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:I would expect one of the ones off the poll to actually be the role that is doing that, and Epi definitely qualifies.
Nope.
Elohcin wrote:3) No double-targeting (targeting the same player on consecutive nights). No self-targeting either.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:Yo.

I'm actually really perturbed by Lady Rose. Like, I have literally no idea what she is doing.

As far as we know, she has insanified Wilgy to speak in weird caps lock cipher, and just today, LC seems to be afflicted with the same stupid cipher.

Forgive my bluntness but if LC's insanity is legit, Lady Rose is inept. I mean come on:
She provides a bit of fun to the thread by insanifying a player each night with the insanity of her choice
It's her choice to use her powers, but so far, that would mean she has done 2 insanifies in 5 cycles, and both times have been the exact same stupid insanity.

I think LC is faking.
This was on my mind during the drive home.

I would say Lady Rose is phoning it in big time. Sorsha and Lorab both fit that.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Dom wrote:lc anypme?

I am up for that. But like Epig says I'm still alive, maybe we should get his teammates first. Who do you think they would be if LC were bad.

My browser is much lame so I am going to type what I can before I have to shut it all down.

Epig, that first quote of LC's to Dom about what I said if I am right about that being the first quote in your post. Is whjat originally made me suspicious of LC. Then he kept on making it obvious he knew who I was. He normally just ignores all that shit. He creeped me out.

I also think Sorsha to be his teammate, for the little interaction they have had. Sorsha also voted for LC when no one else was. I can pull quotes after I fix this slow browser.

Matt do you still suspect me?

Shutting down the browser and cooking dinner, be back later.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

I'm still alive because I'm leading bad lynches. That's my super power. It's why I have survived several times to a full game's end and lost (yes, several despite my reputation).

Who knows that well enough to keep me around? thellama73 even came out saying this:
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
sig wrote:Why do you think that Llama?

Matt your idea is odd, I'm mafia with Daisy since we were Pming about OT stuff? Are you mafia trying to set me up?

I'm going to look into Ika and see what I can dig up, I've got a weird gut read on him.
I have played a lot of games with Epi, and this game he seems to be very coldly calculating. Usually his calculations lead to baddie lynches, but they haven't this game. Call it a hunch, but I just don't feel good about him.
You think so?
I've seen Epi be wrong probably just as much as he's right.
Oh sure, he's wrong a lot, but he also has one f the better hit rates of civilian players. He also almost always gets night killed as a civilian. I think he's only won a single game as a civ, so why is he alive now?
Only looking at full games and speed games (no heists or special games), I have two civilian wins, not one, as thellama73 states. Want to know which two?

Clue & Frisky Dingo.

Now...who was it that hosted both of those? I can't really remember... :ponder:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

If BR is suspecting LC, that gives me good reason to consider that vote.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll support Black Rock if she goes that route. I've been for shit lately.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Sorsha »

I'm not LCs teammate, I'm just lazy and not finding anything very suspicious to comment on when I am around.

BR suspecting LC is good enough for me, I did have some suspicion of him earlier in the game, plus there was the "slip" that sig pointed out also :shrug: *votes LC*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sorsha wrote:I'm not LCs teammate, I'm just lazy and not finding anything very suspicious to comment on when I am around.

BR suspecting LC is good enough for me, I did have some suspicion of him earlier in the game, plus there was the "slip" that sig pointed out also :shrug: *votes LC*
I don't like that excuse either. I think several others have made up that excuse for you. I also did not buy your LC vote earlier in the game. I think you jumped on this vote early because you see where the wind is blowing and are hoping for cred.

But that's just my opinion.

I voted for LC, I hope he still loves me later. :p
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Well if you've made up your mind that I'm bad you aren't going to like anything I have to say about it, you call it an excuse but it's the truth. :shrug: This is so far off from how I play when I'm bad but whatever, you think I'm bad but you aren't even voting for me? :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:Well if you've made up your mind that I'm bad you aren't going to like anything I have to say about it, you call it an excuse but it's the truth. :shrug: This is so far off from how I play when I'm bad but whatever, you think I'm bad but you aren't even voting for me? :ponder:
The lady has one vote. She can't have more than one suspicion when there's three mafia? :suspish:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sorsha wrote:Well if you've made up your mind that I'm bad you aren't going to like anything I have to say about it, you call it an excuse but it's the truth. :shrug: This is so far off from how I play when I'm bad but whatever, you think I'm bad but you aren't even voting for me? :ponder:
Would you prefer I vote you before LC? I would be fine with that. I feel the same about both of you. I just don't know if anyone else would believe it enough.

I've tried that excuse before too, it never worked for me.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JJ
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:JJ
I understand, you're right. I might be taking advantage of you.

I'll vote Sorsha.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.

By taking advantage of you, it was not sexual but curse related.... this time. :ninja:
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
This is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
When people get married, do they adapt a unique language?

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.

Although, I really don't know what he actually intended here or do I understand this curse.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
JJ
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:MM - I think you knew exactly what I meant when I said Illy didn't vote for civs on Days 1 and 2, so I wonder what your game is. You're better then that as a civvie, or no?
I pointed out that looking at voting records based on what we know isn't going to be helpful.

I also think you slipped there. Why should I know exactly what you meant?

Speaking of slips, Long Con comes to mind. Sig accused him of a slip yesterday and then was nightkilled. Long Con was also mentioned in Edith's post. I think he's worth looking into.
Epignosis wrote:Despite Lady Edith's wishes, Matt is up next.

I'm going to make this simple. I've gone through Matt's posts and they are everything I expect of Matt being Matt. I also have a role in mind for him.

I don't plan on voting him today. Maybe another Day, but not this one.

Moving on.
Won't you consider voting for him today?

I see Epignosis already did some research on Long Con, I'll come back to that.

I think LC is faking.
Didn't people say the same thing when DrWilgy was cursed?
Sorsha wrote:I'm not LCs teammate, I'm just lazy and not finding anything very suspicious to comment on when I am around.

Is there anyone you'd be willing to lynch besides Long Con?

Also, considering the Long Con is likely insanified, do you still want to lynch him?
Epignosis wrote:
The lady has one vote. She can't have more than one suspicion when there's three mafia? :suspish:
I think ika was accused of the same thing in the Champs Scrimmage. :P

But alas, he was mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
JJ
I love you too!?

If only that's all you said in real life. :p
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

KK

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
i kinda want to get married now so I can build upon my current known languages of Elvish, common tongue and Klingon

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:KK
oh no, don't feel lonely.

:p
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
i kinda want to get married now so I can build upon my current known languages of Elvish, common tongue and Klingon

As long as you don't use that as a selling point, I'm sure one day you will get married.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
She's welcome to have as many suspicions as her heart desires, but when choosing between two and one can't talk it seems strange to choose that one. But she has since changed to me so meh :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In marriage, it is not the language that changes, but rather, the volume. :doh:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matt wrote:MM - I think you knew exactly what I meant when I said Illy didn't vote for civs on Days 1 and 2, so I wonder what your game is. You're better then that as a civvie, or no?
I pointed out that looking at voting records based on what we know isn't going to be helpful.

I also think you slipped there. Why should I know exactly what you meant?

Speaking of slips, Long Con comes to mind. Sig accused him of a slip yesterday and then was nightkilled. Long Con was also mentioned in Edith's post. I think he's worth looking into.
Epignosis wrote:Despite Lady Edith's wishes, Matt is up next.

I'm going to make this simple. I've gone through Matt's posts and they are everything I expect of Matt being Matt. I also have a role in mind for him.

I don't plan on voting him today. Maybe another Day, but not this one.

Moving on.
Won't you consider voting for him today?

I see Epignosis already did some research on Long Con, I'll come back to that.

I think LC is faking.
Didn't people say the same thing when DrWilgy was cursed?

Is there anyone you'd be willing to lynch besides Long Con?

Also, considering the Long Con is likely insanified, do you still want to lynch him?
Epignosis wrote:
I think ika was accused of the same thing in the Champs Scrimmage. :P

But alas, he was mafia.
I have a few players that I have ruled out as being bad, other than them I could vote for any of them.

The main selling point for me with LC is that slip that sig pointed out and now sig is dead.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:In marriage, it is not the language that changes, but rather, the volume. :doh:
LL

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MM?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:MM?
:beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well, as it stands, either Long Con or Sorsha can place their vote onto me for survival. I'm none too pleased about that.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I'll vote Sorsha.
lol indeed they do.
JJ
IO
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

IO U vote?

I don't like that sig is dead one bit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No one is silenced.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No one was silenced yesterday.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:Well, as it stands, either Long Con or Sorsha can place their vote onto me for survival. I'm none too pleased about that.
That's pretty crappy. I'm pretty sure civvies, at least some, have voted for you and they need to change it now.

A Sorsha vote is a good bet. I will vote to save Epignosis. I'm confidant he is not bad.

If you are not confidant, like I am, about Sorsha then vote LC. I will switch my vote to him to save Epignosis.

Also Matt is a bad vote. So don't vote there. If he was bad he would have never tried to push suspicion on me.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Well, as it stands, either Long Con or Sorsha can place their vote onto me for survival. I'm none too pleased about that.
That's pretty crappy. I'm pretty sure civvies, at least some, have voted for you and they need to change it now.

A Sorsha vote is a good bet. I will vote to save Epignosis. I'm confidant he is not bad.

If you are not confidant, like I am, about Sorsha then vote LC. I will switch my vote to him to save Epignosis.

Also Matt is a bad vote. So don't vote there. If he was bad he would have never tried to push suspicion on me.
I'll switch my vote to Long Con.

I don't understand what you are saying about Matt here. Is this a personal thing?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock, what is your opinion of MetalMarsh?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:Black Rock, what is your opinion of MetalMarsh?
He's been friendly to me, but his last post does not make sense. Maybe it's because my perspective should be obvious but I thought MM understood the obvious this game. It's not personal it's just not a good play if you were bad.

Do you think he's ignoring that fact out of convenience?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”