Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Five

Post by Marmot »

Excellent result. :clap:

I don't feel any better about sig either.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

Great lynch guys, sorry I missed the update, I was making the endgame update of a game I'm hosting and I forgot all about this. I should be more active now that I don't have that to deal with.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

Dex wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Because there are not living Cylons I would trust at this point. Epi has the only one I would really trust to be good. People keep talking about Caprica Six and Gaius but frankly I would not trust either of those roles farther than I could throw them. I would be very willing to bet they have their own win Cons and I wouldn't trust them to be in the best interest of the civs at all. I mean come on, Gaius' only concern in the course of the show was Gaius. And Caprica Six was the one who used him to get through the defenses of the colonies. Why in name of the Lords of Kobol would I ever trust these two roles? So you tell me Wilgy, what Cylon role do you see still living that I should trust? Unless the final five have been activated, I don't believe you. And I still feel it is too early for that. So no, I think you are bad.
This is just not true, Leoben and Caprica 6 were both part of D'Anna's anti-Cavil faction (Gaius is human). Frankly, this looks like mafia cylon looking for an easy civ cylon kill to me.
And suddenly the players who doesn't know Galactica lore is confused :sigh:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

You can say it looks however you like. I definitely human and I am not mafia. Additionally, I believe that there is a high likelihood that win cons are fluid for various roles based on events and time in the game. Yep those two may have a win con that might be conducive with the humans, but can you say based on their earlier actions in the series that they are civilian aligned? I can't. I'm not inclined to trust them easily. I would trust Athena right now, and that is about it. This game is designed with a lot of gray area I think. Anyway Wilgy has made a request and I'll look into it, if not tonight then tomorrow. I don't feel anymore trusting of sig than others do, so we will see if it changes my mind about who to give my vote to next.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also I'm aware Gaius is human, but you could hardly call him a good character. Her was narcissistic and really only interested in his own survival. Would you call this a mischaracterization?

Let me be clear, I am not looking to hunt down Gaius, or Six, but that doesn't mean I trust them.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

:fiesta:

Hail SVS's gut. (Though ironically she didn't go ahead with the vote)
ObscureAllure wrote:So say we all
Ricochet wrote:Obscure!!

Should
firstclass SVS treat gymnosophist information revealed certainty?

Smiley face for convergency, frownface BigDamnHero not sure / no.
I'm sorry honey but I have no idea what you're saying. Try again?

Trying to catch up but going backwards because I forgot where I left off. Glad to see LC was exactly who I thought he was, and although I can't say much more on it, I think we haven't seen or heard the last of him.
What do you mean exactly who you thought he was? He turned out on paper the opposite of how I interpretyou to have thought it was. :rolleyes:

Are you implying Cain Con wasan F5?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Are you still a bit insanified?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No, just tablet keyboard failing.

bea followed another player's vote and voted for a player nobody had any interest in lynching, given that he had claimed. Talk about noncommittal on Day Five. :|
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Would you have rather I went against my instincts and followed the crowd just to follow the crowd?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

a2thezebra wrote:A Long Con lynch will be disastrous.
What impending disaster can we expect?
*indiglowing*
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Final warning - no more talking about personal win cons, or punishment will be incoming!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Polo wrote:Have Gaius search me and see if I'm a Cylon. That would be a waste of a search, honestly, for I'm not Cylon - nor mafia Civ, if there is in fact such a thing, and if you want public proof of that just lynch me.

I was willing to take the chance and will dutifully accept and endure any public shaming on post-game or if a lynch reveals that Wilgy is mafia, but I believe he could be be a civ-aligned Caprica Six.

In any case, the results of today's lynch are not as bad as they could have been.
Let me just clarify in my own mind what happened here this afternoon, my friend... You have (since the appearance of the late Admiral Cain) been one of the most outspoken proponents of the theory that all our Cylon friends need to throw away what had been granted to them by law (under the Cylon Amnesty Act). You have held this view because (if I understand you correctly) you hold the view that the act of claiming and gaining amnesty may be used by Cylons to the detriment of the Town (in relevant circumstances where a Cylon is the lead wagon). Have I interpreted your reasoning correctly?

Because that seems disturbingly inconsistent with your actions this afternoon in assisting a Cylon to do precisely what you claim you've been fighting so hard to avoid :shrug: I agree that the result was a good one for us but I think we were just extremely lucky there.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Bye LC, I still think Cain was bad news for the civs. I was waiting to see (hopefully) just what exactly LC did other than declaring Martial law. I had thought that perhaps LC insanified Rico, the insanifier seemed more insane than it used to be, and LC is the inventor. But simple insanifying seems a bit tame for the super secret secret role, so perhaps I am OK not having found out.

Civs are mostly human, but not all, it seems. So someones strategy of having an unclaimed person as first lynch,and a prior claimer as back up seemed to have worked :)

Now that Wilgy is taking the game seriously, I will reassess him. I still think he sounded "bad" prior to becoming a lynch candidate,not just "cylon", but specifically bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

The fact that DrWilgy turned out to be a Cylon doesn't really surprise me but I think there is a significant difference between a good Cylon and a bad Cylon and I personally hold the view that the latter are a minority. I too am reassessing my thoughts on him but I wouldn't consider lynching him on his species alone. May I ask S-V-S - what it was specifically about his behaviour that struck you as 'bad'?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Glorfindel wrote:
Polo wrote:Have Gaius search me and see if I'm a Cylon. That would be a waste of a search, honestly, for I'm not Cylon - nor mafia Civ, if there is in fact such a thing, and if you want public proof of that just lynch me.

I was willing to take the chance and will dutifully accept and endure any public shaming on post-game or if a lynch reveals that Wilgy is mafia, but I believe he could be be a civ-aligned Caprica Six.

In any case, the results of today's lynch are not as bad as they could have been.
Let me just clarify in my own mind what happened here this afternoon, my friend... You have (since the appearance of the late Admiral Cain) been one of the most outspoken proponents of the theory that all our Cylon friends need to throw away what had been granted to them by law (under the Cylon Amnesty Act). You have held this view because (if I understand you correctly) you hold the view that the act of claiming and gaining amnesty may be used by Cylons to the detriment of the Town (in relevant circumstances where a Cylon is the lead wagon). Have I interpreted your reasoning correctly?

Because that seems disturbingly inconsistent with your actions this afternoon in assisting a Cylon to do precisely what you claim you've been fighting so hard to avoid :shrug: I agree that the result was a good one for us but I think we were just extremely lucky there.
I had a very good ferling that Long Con was Cain - other people in this thread thought this too. Wilgy did a complete 360 and acted like an actual civ for a moment; hence why I thought that, if he was a good cylon, then it wouldn't be much of a bad idea to let him live and kill Cain.

We can lynch him whenever you want if you still doubt his alignment, though, and I still want everyone to claim. Let's just see if mafia will NK him or not. If they do, he's civ. :shrug:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Or you know, they don't so that he takes more suspicion and is the focus of tomorrow's lynch as he inevitably will be if he lives through the night.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

DrWilgy wrote:And suddenly the players who doesn't know Galactica lore is confused :sigh:
Suffice it to say, my good Doctor, that I now believe you when you say you are not a bad toaster. I am as certain of this as I was that LC was Lame Cain, and I will do whatever is in my power to convince others of this as well. :noble:
*indiglowing*
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

I don't understand, considering Wilgy's behavior all game, that he's suddenly good just because he claimed cylon at the last possible minute and acted like a civ at the last possible minute to save himself.

Sorry, but I'm not that gullible. He's been acting bad all game as the person before him did. I'm not leaving him alive cuz he claimed and suddenly people are thinking he's good for no real reason.

That's some first rate BS right there.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Silverwolf wrote:I don't understand, considering Wilgy's behavior all game, that he's suddenly good just because he claimed cylon at the last possible minute and acted like a civ at the last possible minute to save himself.

Sorry, but I'm not that gullible. He's been acting bad all game as the person before him did. I'm not leaving him alive cuz he claimed and suddenly people are thinking he's good for no real reason.

But there IS a reason Silver. Do you trust me? Do you read me civ? It seems to me that your wolf-nose is very good at sniffing out alignment. What does it tell you about me?
*indiglowing*
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Dex wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I don't understand, considering Wilgy's behavior all game, that he's suddenly good just because he claimed cylon at the last possible minute and acted like a civ at the last possible minute to save himself.

But there IS a reason Silver. Do you trust me? Do you read me civ? It seems to me that your wolf-nose is very good at sniffing out alignment. What does it tell you about me?
I didn't like D'Faraday but you are a lot better and I'm leaning civ on you at the moment. I don't want to hear you think he's Six. I about lost it when polo pulled that card. I don't know the lore of this show as well as some others but I do know if he's bad, he can't be kept around on a whim. I'm willing to believe there are cylons who do not follow Cavil and I'm willing to believe they might not be all cylons, but I'm not going to just let someone I've been reading as bad all game go for no reason because everyone starts saying they now think he's good, or even more ridiculously, that he's Six for no reason.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Silverwolf wrote:But there IS a reason Silver. Do you trust me? Do you read me civ? It seems to me that your wolf-nose is very good at sniffing out alignment. What does it tell you about me?
I didn't like D'Faraday but you are a lot better and I'm leaning civ on you at the moment. I don't want to hear you think he's Six. I about lost it when polo pulled that card. I don't know the lore of this show as well as some others but I do know if he's bad, he can't be kept around on a whim. I'm willing to believe there are cylons who do not follow Cavil and I'm willing to believe they might not be all cylons, but I'm not going to just let someone I've been reading as bad all game go for no reason because everyone starts saying they now think he's good, or even more ridiculously, that he's Six for no reason.[/quote]

I have no idea what his role is, but I'm certain he's in the anti-Cavil faction. Again, it's NOT for no reason. This is no whim.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:No, just tablet keyboard failing.

bea followed another player's vote and voted for a player nobody had any interest in lynching, given that he had claimed. Talk about noncommittal on Day Five. :|
Now that you're uninsanified, I hope that you will help me understand why you think Marmot's cylon declaration plan is vulnerable to manipulation and may lead to witch-hunts. You're looking a little worse to me just now, tbh.
*indiglowing*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Glorfindel wrote:The fact that DrWilgy turned out to be a Cylon doesn't really surprise me but I think there is a significant difference between a good Cylon and a bad Cylon and I personally hold the view that the latter are a minority. I too am reassessing my thoughts on him but I wouldn't consider lynching him on his species alone. May I ask S-V-S - what it was specifically about his behaviour that struck you as 'bad'?
His total lack of engagement as compared to other games where he was a civ.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

You can always keep DrWilgy in second place. :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote:
I have no idea what his role is, but I'm certain he's in the anti-Cavil faction. Again, it's NOT for no reason. This is no whim.
I would like to hear the reason, becasue I specifically feel he is bad. He stepped up to the plate to defend himself, but before that, he was *not* town Wilgy, imo.

Certain tends to mean "info"; that is why when I was certain about LC, I clarified it that I did NOT have info. I assume you are not implying this. But I want you to clarify this. I DO trust you, but just becasue you are a civ does not mean you are correct.

If you have a reason, I would like to hear it.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

S~V~S wrote:I would like to hear the reason, becasue I specifically feel he is bad. He stepped up to the plate to defend himself, but before that, he was *not* town Wilgy, imo.

Certain tends to mean "info"; that is why when I was certain about LC, I clarified it that I did NOT have info. I assume you are not implying this. But I want you to clarify this. I DO trust you, but just becasue you are a civ does not mean you are correct.

If you have a reason, I would like to hear it.
I am not certain in the sense that I have info. I, also, was not certain about LC being Cain in the sense that I had info, but, damn, I was certain. Unfortunately, I cannot be more specific because the Golden One has admonished us about discussing this topic further. I realize that is wonky. I will say, though, that someone I trust completely in this game once said something nearly identical before I even subbed in this game. I hate being mysterious like that, but my hands are tied.
*indiglowing*
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ricochet wrote::fiesta:

Should

Trying to catch up but going backwards because I forgot where I left off. Glad to see LC was exactly who I thought he was, and although I can't say much more on it, I think we haven't seen or heard the last of him.
What do you mean exactly who you thought he was? He turned out on paper the opposite of how I interpretyou to have thought it was. :rolleyes:

I knew he had to be one of two. At first I didn't consider Cain (I assumed Cavil) until it was brought in the thread, because I don't know the lore. But once it was, I knew he had to be one of the two. I couldn't talk about it (still can't say much) so I just dropped the subject completely rather than let myself get dragged into it and slip and say something I shouldn't.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Zebra, when exactly did you and Lang Con become just friends? It feels like suddenly you switched opinions on him. Interesting. Almost like... He recruited you to be his friend.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

EBWOP:: Just -> best
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Wigly is bad. He's given you literally no reason to think he's Capricia Six. I'll
Gladly vote for anyone who tries to say otherwise.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrumBeats wrote:Great lynch guys, sorry I missed the update, I was making the endgame update of a game I'm hosting and I forgot all about this. I should be more active now that I don't have that to deal with.
Thanks for the game DrumBeats! I would have enjoyed the radios more if I had survived long enough to use them personally. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Rico, I did not go through with it becasue LC has this knack for making me feel like an idiot. **I DO NOT THINK HE DOES IT INTENTIONALLY**, it is definitely me, not him, but this is how I react to him and always have, not sure why. Maybe because I do respect him tons as a player of the top tier, and in general, his opinion of me matters to me. SO I am very very susceptible to scorn/sarco/etc. from him. When I feel stupid I back off. It is a problem I also have IRL. It is the same reason I have issues with a few other people, but in any case, it is why I backed down from him here.

And @Dex, OK, as someone who flies off of my gut, I can respect that. But he really was not sounding town before the lynch, imo.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:@Rico, I did not go through with it becasue LC has this knack for making me feel like an idiot. **I DO NOT THINK HE DOES IT INTENTIONALLY**, it is definitely me, not him, but this is how I react to him and always have, not sure why. Maybe because I do respect him tons as a player of the top tier, and in general, his opinion of me matters to me. SO I am very very susceptible to scorn/sarco/etc. from him. When I feel stupid I back off. It is a problem I also have IRL. It is the same reason I have issues with a few other people, but in any case, it is why I backed down from him here.

And @Dex, OK, as someone who flies off of my gut, I can respect that. But he really was not sounding town before the lynch, imo.
I think LC tends speaks in a calculated manner, which is why I always think he is evil.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:No, just tablet keyboard failing.

Now that you're uninsanified, I hope that you will help me understand why you think Marmot's cylon declaration plan is vulnerable to manipulation and may lead to witch-hunts. You're looking a little worse to me just now, tbh.
I'll get to it.

And... "just now"? As in after the Day Five votes? Why?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ObscureAllure wrote:

Should

I knew he had to be one of two. At first I didn't consider Cain (I assumed Cavil) until it was brought in the thread, because I don't know the lore. But once it was, I knew he had to be one of the two. I couldn't talk about it (still can't say much) so I just dropped the subject completely rather than let myself get dragged into it and slip and say something I shouldn't.
One of "two"?

Still doesn't answer my last question.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If the Final Five have not arisen, I don't know how to treat Wilgy's claim, it's basically the same "I'm on the good side" speech that LoRab served us - and her flip turned to be an arguably ambiguous Cylon character, after all; then again, any outed Cylon could basically feed us this speech, in case there are still some left among non-claimers. I want more from Wilgy. I hope from more from Wilgy, if he's truthful, because LoRab's tactic ("I'm good and that's that") was not enough to earn her any clemency. I still recall baddie Wilgy being more faux-involved than this, but just well he could have chosen to jest and fluff this time around, so :shrug:

If the Final Five have arisen and the pool of Cylons just got bigger, then I really don't know how to treat Wilgy's claim. Only Anna and Simon have been eliminated, so we might be looking at 5 original numbers left (with still, say, two debatable names: Leoben and Caprica) and 5 Final Five added, of which we have no idea if they'll change heart or not. Murky as hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Rico, I did not go through with it becasue LC has this knack for making me feel like an idiot. **I DO NOT THINK HE DOES IT INTENTIONALLY**, it is definitely me, not him, but this is how I react to him and always have, not sure why. Maybe because I do respect him tons as a player of the top tier, and in general, his opinion of me matters to me. SO I am very very susceptible to scorn/sarco/etc. from him. When I feel stupid I back off. It is a problem I also have IRL. It is the same reason I have issues with a few other people, but in any case, it is why I backed down from him here.

I think LC tends speaks in a calculated manner, which is why I always think he is evil.
Perhaps, but I was addressing my specific reactions, in that historically, I tend to back down from LC. As I said, it is me, not him, 100%. And while I know I am far from a stupid woman, I tend to feel that way when LC takes a certain tone with me. This is my failing, not LCs. Now that the last few games have made me aware of it, I hope to deal with it better in the future.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Ricochet wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

Should

One of "two"?

Yes, I did. You said he was the opposite of who you interpreted I thought he was. When I was still talking about him, I thought he was Cavil. Then I had to stop talking about him. Then someone pointed out he could be Cain. I used what I thought and what I knew and questioned it myself, and decided he had to either be Cain or Cavil. Only, as I said, I couldn't talk about it because everyone will say "why's that" and I'll say "I can't say" and everyone will say "oh, that must make you a mafia!" like Wigly, Matt and Dex did. (Which is stupid because Matt knows exactly what I'm talking about which makes me think that Matt is mafia now seeing that LC was Cain not Cavil. II already think he and Wigly have BTSC and I know wigly's a bad mafia so it makes sense. )

Also - I find it hilarious that before y'all new he was a cylon y'all were SO SURE he was bad. Now that you now he's a cylon you're like.... "well maybe he's good?" What about all of the evidence that made you think he was bad before? That suddenly is nullified because he said he's good? Every cylon that gets caught in the amnesty crap is going to say they are good because they are trying to survive. Why is it that once he says that, y'all all suddenly forget everything you found suspicious before?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ObscureAllure wrote:Also - I find it hilarious that before y'all new he was a cylon y'all were SO SURE he was bad. Now that you now he's a cylon you're like.... "well maybe he's good?" What about all of the evidence that made you think he was bad before? That suddenly is nullified because he said he's good? Every cylon that gets caught in the amnesty crap is going to say they are good because they are trying to survive. Why is it that once he says that, y'all all suddenly forget everything you found suspicious before?
It is an important distinction now OA. Before LC was lynched, then DrWilgy needed to die if he was a Cylon. Now that Cain is dead and some order has been restored, we don't need necessarily need DrWilgy dead just because he's a Cylon. We do have to make another judgment call.

For what it's worth, I voted him because he had not claimed and because I trust the players who had voted him before I did. Also, there are other players I'd rather lynch tomorrow than DrWilgy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was ignoring the Cain imposed restrictions; I thought he was bad becasue of the way he was acting :shrug2:
Ricochet

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, Dex, here is what I have to say. On Night Three, when I went into debate regarding the plan, I was under the impulse of two different events or interpretation of events:

1) LoRab's claim. It was a clear cave under pressure. While the rest of the details were unfortunate (second wagon turned into a mislynch) and it no ideal way to project future lynches (successful claims from Cylons would take two phases to confirm), I treated this as part of the law's potential outcomes.

2) The feeling that, after LoRab claim, a couple of players just started claiming themselves in a "oh Imma cylon too hue" - "good idea me2" fashion. While I was ultimately mistaken in feeling that these attempts were made in jest or banter, I pretty much react like that at that time - thinking players are just in the mood to circumvent the law.
Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Everyone uses his claim Day 4. Cool.
Tell me which are the Cylons.
Tell me how the baddies are hurt, in this instance.
The aim of the plan is not to out cylons. The baddies are hurt because, if they're cylons, they lose their lynch immunity. Its so basic that questioning it makes me very suspicious. And again
The President passed a law, she did not pass a "plan". If you're telling me that the PLAN of the President was to have everyone circumvent the law and push for a total extinguish of the law's amnesty effects, you are extrapolating a bit wildly, I'd say. Nevertheless, yet again, I was under the impulse of the law having value in outing Cylons, as was shown in making LoRab cave. Frankly, it made Wilgy cave as well, it seems, which this time also had a more agreeable consequence (Cain's death).
Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:But even so:
Everyone claims.
Baddies lose amnesty.
Status quo of normal lynch resumes.

That's fine, but it's just that. We civs gain no advantage.
Civs gain the advantage of not having to lynch baddies twice. Even if we civs gain no advantage, isn't taking away a baddie advantage reason enough to go along with the plan? Basic, basic stuff. Ultimately, he says.
"Civs gain the advantage" ... "even if civs gain no advantage". Huh?

Anyway, I stick by what I said. I still find it a bit odd to say that civs gain an "advantage". At the very best (and I think even LC mentioned this), they eliminate a disadvantage. Then, status quo of normal lynch would resume and the civs would have the same chances to lynch baddies as they did before the amnesty law was passed.

Also, you are sadly equating "baddies" with Cylons in this perspective. While I don't believe there's many good Cylons left, unless the Final Five have been activated, when you ask if it's not fair to take away "baddie advantage" by going with the plan, you include zero perspective on "civ Cylon advantage" also being taken away. Just sayin'.
Dex wrote:
Ricochet wrote:The plan is manipulable. The Cylons could blend and then maybe fuel a witchhunt for anyone who hasn't claimed. Because god knows some of you are already in "he who opposes = FoS" mode.
This puzzles me. In absence of the plan, the cylons are blending, only with a lynch pass in their pocket. Since cylons are the only ones who could possibly gain from not claiming, it follows that there are quite likely to be cylons among the last six non-claimers. How is this a "witchhunt"? I really hope, once he's uninsanified, he can help me understand his point of view on this.
Not what I meant. In light of an incomplete amnesty cleanup, baddies could "blend" by claiming within the pack of claimers and, given the controversy in this matter, leave civilians who (for various reason) may oppose the claiming plan to be eyeballed in the aftermath.

I was also very clear what a "witchhunt" in this situation might be. If claimlist remains incomplete, there is no fundamental way to ascertain that all non-claimers must be bad. If you'll push for an agenda to blindly purge all non-claimers, you'd be basically conducting what I called witchhunt.

For more proof, just check Matt's posts during Day Five. As soon as the non-claimer list shortened to a number that could still be reasonably associated with a baddie team (say 6...7), he went on "let's show our pitchforks at these, baddies surely must be there" mode.
Matt wrote:Updated list of Non-Claimers

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
OA
Ricotech
Sokoth
Vompatti

How many players do we have in the game? 24, 25? Two-thirds of the town have agreed that claiming is in the town's best interest, so essentially, all of these players are anti-town as of now.

We need to put pressure on them. Do I think they're all "bad" ? No. Do I think Cavil and/or other bad cylons are hiding in this bunch? Absolutely.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

Should

One of "two"?

Yes, I did. You said he was the opposite of who you interpreted I thought he was. When I was still talking about him, I thought he was Cavil. Then I had to stop talking about him. Then someone pointed out he could be Cain. I used what I thought and what I knew and questioned it myself, and decided he had to either be Cain or Cavil. Only, as I said, I couldn't talk about it because everyone will say "why's that" and I'll say "I can't say" and everyone will say "oh, that must make you a mafia!" like Wigly, Matt and Dex did. (Which is stupid because Matt knows exactly what I'm talking about which makes me think that Matt is mafia now seeing that LC was Cain not Cavil. II already think he and Wigly have BTSC and I know wigly's a bad mafia so it makes sense. )

Also - I find it hilarious that before y'all new he was a cylon y'all were SO SURE he was bad. Now that you now he's a cylon you're like.... "well maybe he's good?" What about all of the evidence that made you think he was bad before? That suddenly is nullified because he said he's good? Every cylon that gets caught in the amnesty crap is going to say they are good because they are trying to survive. Why is it that once he says that, y'all all suddenly forget everything you found suspicious before?
Just so we're clear, I was never under the impression of you pointing at a role, I was under the impression of you pointing at a race. Bigger umbrella. So yeah, unless Cain was also a F5, how would I understand your words "LC was exactly who I thought he was" in any other way that contradictory? :confused:

But I guess if you were pointing at a role, the F5 question has become moot.

Also, I don't know what Matt knows you are talking about.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I was ignoring the Cain imposed restrictions; I thought he was bad becasue of the way he was acting :shrug2:
So now Cain is in time-out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Silverwolf wrote:
Dex wrote:

I didn't like D'Faraday but you are a lot better and I'm leaning civ on you at the moment. I don't want to hear you think he's Six. I about lost it when polo pulled that card. I don't know the lore of this show as well as some others but I do know if he's bad, he can't be kept around on a whim. I'm willing to believe there are cylons who do not follow Cavil and I'm willing to believe they might not be all cylons, but I'm not going to just let someone I've been reading as bad all game go for no reason because everyone starts saying they now think he's good, or even more ridiculously, that he's Six for no reason.
Hm... Silver I thought your stance was a solid "I don't know how to read Wilgy" for a majority of the game?

Let me look at you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

DrWilgy wrote: Hm... Silver I thought your stance was a solid "I don't know how to read Wilgy" for a majority of the game?

Let me look at you.
ISO me and see me talk about IAWY and you. My thoughts should be more than clear.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I was ignoring the Cain imposed restrictions; I thought he was bad becasue of the way he was acting :shrug2:
I was talking about Wilgy when I said : "I thought he was bad becasue of the way he was acting". My vote for him had nothing to do with him being a Cylon and Cains "All Cylons Must Die" directive was the point. I was not talking about Cain.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'd interject that the concept of Wilgy claim Caprica Six would arise "for no reason" or "all of a sudden", because there are not many original Cylon numbers we could infer to be non-baddie aligned. Maybe Leoben for being linked with Starbuck after a while? That's about it, though. So, with LoRab flipping Anna, who else to take into consideration but a Cylon such as Caprica Six?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Silverwolf wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Hm... Silver I thought your stance was a solid "I don't know how to read Wilgy" for a majority of the game?

Let me look at you.
ISO me and see me talk about IAWY and you. My thoughts should be more than clear.
Doing so currently. Also making a video... But still doing so.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I was talking about Wilgy when I said : "I thought he was bad becasue of the way he was acting". My vote for him had nothing to do with him being a Cylon and Cains "All Cylons Must Die" directive was the point. I was not talking about Cain.
Oh, haha, I thought you were saying Cain was bad because of the way he was acting (the Amnesty Act). :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP because Ricofail
Ricochet wrote:I'd interject that the concept that Wilgy claiming Caprica Six would arise "for no reason" or "all of a sudden", because there are not many original Cylon numbers we could infer to be non-baddie aligned. Maybe Leoben for being linked with Starbuck after a while? That's about it, though. So, with LoRab flipping Anna, who else to take into consideration but a Cylon such as Caprica Six?

Return to “Previous Jobs”