LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 3]

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:Thanks, Vomps! :hugs: But voting for someone who voted for me is not recommended, because while one (two tops) from the baddies' team might have voted for me at one point or another, it is in their interest to keep me alive because the attention is on me and not on them k. So looking at voting patterns I have 3 (three) suspects: Bullz, MP and SVS. While I found the exchange between the latter two to be a delicious performance of two people with BTSC, the fact that it was so early in the game, might prove me wrong. The nice online randomiser suggested Bullz out of the three.

"votes Bullz"

... and since Snowy's out and there's no point in water taunting anymore, the same nais randomiser suggested desert.
Aaacack Lizzy
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:I am 100% for my case against LT. There's a chance our Sultan of Desert could be rez'd. Wouldnt we want to visit Desert Land after he is rez'd so he can get the benefit then? Let's do Ice or Pipe (I think I know who this is based on voting records) world next so a living king can make use of his or her power.

The only reason I could think of for why someone would prematurely vote Desert is if they want us civs as powerless as possible. These aren't nimby-pimby powers we've been given at all.

I really don't understand how y'all see this as a senseless reason to vote someone. Well obviously my previous post wasn't as laid-out as this one, but hopefully this 11th hour post is enough to clarify.
Is it ever outright said that if we visit a king's realm while he's dead that that king won't receive his power if he gets rezzed?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Yes, he will get the power even if dead, but he won't be able to use it until he is alive agian. Whereas if we go to the ice world next (or pipes), he or she can use the power Right Now. Hope that helps.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:Yes, he will get the power even if dead, but he won't be able to use it until he is alive agian. Whereas if we go to the ice world next (or pipes), he or she can use the power Right Now. Hope that helps.
Okay that makes some more sense. I thought you were saying that if we go to the Desert realm now the Gleam would never get his power or something.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Yes, he will get the power even if dead, but he won't be able to use it until he is alive agian. Whereas if we go to the ice world next (or pipes), he or she can use the power Right Now. Hope that helps.
Okay that makes some more sense. I thought you were saying that if we go to the Desert realm now the Gleam would never get his power or something.
I'm glad you asked because I can see how other players would wonder the same. Voting Desert is a great way (possible) for Baddies to hide behind their vote without voting Water. It gives the king a power, but it's useless until Gleam is rez'd, and we do not have any assurances he will be. It handicaps us in a way that's not easily detectable. We need all the kingly powers we can get, especially with how freakin powerful they've been so far.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Thanks, Vomps! :hugs: But voting for someone who voted for me is not recommended, because while one (two tops) from the baddies' team might have voted for me at one point or another, it is in their interest to keep me alive because the attention is on me and not on them k. So looking at voting patterns I have 3 (three) suspects: Bullz, MP and SVS. While I found the exchange between the latter two to be a delicious performance of two people with BTSC, the fact that it was so early in the game, might prove me wrong. The nice online randomiser suggested Bullz out of the three.

"votes Bullz"

... and since Snowy's out and there's no point in water taunting anymore, the same nais randomiser suggested desert.
Aaacack Lizzy
?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

It is also, based on the voting order, a throwaway vote for no real reason, and as I seem to think from my reread, LT voted late, when the Desert option could not have won in any case, so Gleam would not have gotten a power, right?

And not sure what I think of that typo thing, not that it isn;t possible, I made a post that made zero sense in one place a few posts back, but Hedgeowl bringing that possibility up before you did, even projecting the possible typo you made, seems odd.

That combined with your posting OT on top of all the serious discussion for most of the game (something I have NOT noticed to be habitual to this extent with you in other games) makes me feel OK about my vote.

Mars Attacks mafia was my first game :fiesta: I died night one, lol~
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP, that was addressed to Mongoose~ I thought I had quoted her when i had not.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

That was supposed to be more like "aack!" (not Attack!) because I was giving my McArthur-inspired diatribe against the perils of voting Desert and then I saw you had just voted Desert.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:It is also, based on the voting order, a throwaway vote for no real reason, and as I seem to think from my reread, LT voted late, when the Desert option could not have won in any case, so Gleam would not have gotten a power, right?

And not sure what I think of that typo thing, not that it isn;t possible, I made a post that made zero sense in one place a few posts back, but Hedgeowl bringing that possibility up before you did, even projecting the possible typo you made, seems odd.

That combined with your posting OT on top of all the serious discussion for most of the game (something I have NOT noticed to be habitual to this extent with you in other games) makes me feel OK about my vote.

I brought up the pizza thing in OT (I think that's probably what you are thinking of) because Nev and MP I think it was were having this really serious back and forth. I wasn't trying to stifle discussion as much as metaphorically catch everyone's eye and say "Whoa." I guess this only works in RL.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

welcome to the game Lizzy and thanks for the thoughts and i agree you are a very easy target for baddies with your game style so I was happy to hear your suspicions. Not voting you though.

Catching up was quite enlightening. I agree that Mongoose is reaching with no case that I can see with LT and Elohcins quick second vote for LT twitched the hell out of my nose. I am adding my vote to Mongoose b/c currently Mongoose and LT are tied at 2 votes each though I woulld rather have voted Elohcin.
;)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:It is also, based on the voting order, a throwaway vote for no real reason, and as I seem to think from my reread, LT voted late, when the Desert option could not have won in any case, so Gleam would not have gotten a power, right?

Gleam wouldn't have gotten a power, but we are always going to analyze and over-analyze voting records, right? And not just on lynches Why put yourself in a position to be unduly scrutinized if you are Civ? I can totally understand it being a mistake or a "Hey, I just like Desert World" and that may very well be the case here. I know I don't always vote super wisely in the non-lynch polls in games, and it's come to haunt me a few times. If that's the case, I will of course be sincerely sorry but I couldn't not pursue this trail. All in all, it just didn't strike me as a prudent choice to choose Desert.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

why is Russti voting a drive by on LT?
;)
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Very sorry everyone. Had no time today. Voted LT because I agree that voting desert is harmful to the civ cause right now, and I trust goose more than her. I think spreading was smart with boo out there, and I really hope the Giant King has good instincts/reasoning. Will post more observations later
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is your foe?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:23 pm

birdwithteeth11
Vompatti (8)
7%

Bullzeye
Lizzy (12)
7%

Elohcin
MovingPictures07 (2)
7%

Hedgeowl
No votes

LittleTiger
Mongoose (1), Elohcin (4), Russtifinko (13)
21%

Lizzy
birdwithteeth11 (5)
7%

Mongoose
S~V~S (6), LittleTiger (9), Roxy (14)
21%

MovingPictures07
No votes

Roxy
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

thellama73
Bullzeye (10)
7%

Vompatti
No votes

Mother Brain (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
Snow Dog (3), Epignosis (7), agleaminranks (11)
21%

Total votes : 14

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

that reasoning makes zero sense imo Russti
;)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

If I am lynched, I know some of you guys will look at my voters. I have a strong feeling SVS is Civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will have the posts up in the next 30 minutes. Go get a refreshment. :martini:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hey guys, we had pizza at book club. And cheesecakes. I'm all pizza'd out. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:If I am lynched, I know some of you guys will look at my voters. I have a strong feeling SVS is Civ.
Thank You. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But both you & Elo made me go "hmmmm", and you lost the coin toss. Do you have an opinion on Elo?

I have had pizza like 3 times in the past week, but had not eaten it inn for months prior. And I made a cheesecake this weekend for my brothers birthday :)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:If I am lynched, I know some of you guys will look at my voters. I have a strong feeling SVS is Civ.
Thank You. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But both you & Elo made me go "hmmmm", and you lost the coin toss. Do you have an opinion on Elo?

I have had pizza like 3 times in the past week, but had not eaten it inn for months prior. And I made a cheesecake this weekend for my brothers birthday :)
She's been kinda quiet so I don't really had a read on her. She's not done anything particularly suspicious to draw my eye though either. If y'all go through the World Map voting records, you may be able to piece together who the undiscovered monarchs are though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No one has been lynched.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 3]

Post by Epignosis »

Night 3: Air Land

A message from Roy Koopa:

“How high do you care to fly?”

Select a number between one and twenty. Private message your number to the Host. If you pick one, then you get one coin. If you pick twenty, then you get twenty coins.

But if you pick the same number as anyone else, you get nothing! :feb:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Wow, I don't even know how that happened, but I'm not going to complain!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

:ponder:
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:Wow, I don't even know how that happened, but I'm not going to complain!
Epi said in our btsc during Thomas that he always ends tied lynches with no death if there's only one baddie team. I can't remember his logic and I wasn't a fan of it at the time but I'm sure it made sense.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 40

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry I missed the vote everyone. I was having a Scream movie marathon. I will lynch a bunch of people tomorrow to make up for it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

If that's true, it means:

a) that the Giant King didn't vote.

OR

b) Giant King voted for a third party, but that person used one mushroom causing a three-way tie.

Let me know if you find any fallacies in my thinking.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: I was responding to Bullz.

linki - llama - Way to finally show up! :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that's a weird result! Not sure what to think. I do look forward to Russ's thoughts because his vote is really, really strange.

Llama - why did you say you were not getting good feelings from me?

Lizzy - I do not have BTSC with S~V~S; we bicker like that in many games. It's all in good fun; it's mostly because we see things very differently.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh! I almost forgot. I have to vote in the World Map poll. I voted for Ice because screw Pipe World.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Voted ice cause it hot!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am going out of town for a week, leaving my family behind on account of a teacher's conference for which I shall not be compensated. This is upsetting to me, but I think of the children.

For this reason, posts may be less regular depending on the schedule of the seminars and how shitfaced I get with my fellow English teachers.

:martini: Thinking of the children. :wine:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:I am going out of town for a week, leaving my family behind on account of a teacher's conference for which I shall not be compensated. This is upsetting to me, but I think of the children.

For this reason, posts may be less regular depending on the schedule of the seminars and how shitfaced I get with my fellow English teachers.

:martini: Thinking of the children. :wine:
Just try not to make a fool of yourself and make it back to us safe.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Voted Ice, for 2 AND ONLY 2 reasons:

1) It was a pretty fun world. Especially the levels where you could melt ice blocks with coins in them using a Fire Flower and get the coins.

2) I think Water and Desert Worlds are bad ideas, for reasons previously discussed in the thread.

I'm not sure how my vote for LT didn't make sense. The logic was pointed out by others: LT voted to go to Desert World after agleam, the Desert King, was dead. That is a vote that harms the civvie cause, because giving a power to a dead King robs us of a chance to give a power to a King who can use it. It's possible her vote wasn't thought out that hard or was a mistake. However, there was little else to go on today, in my opinion. There's also been lots of sticking up for people in this game, so because I was pressed for time and didn't want to pore over thread evidence to detangle the implications of everyone's support for other players, I decided to go on the hard evidence I had. I stand by my vote.

Roxy and MP: Did I miss anything regarding the lynch or my reasoning behind my vote, or do you just dislike my vote because you disagree with whom I chose to vote for?

Mongoose wrote:If that's true, it means:

a) that the Giant King didn't vote.

OR

b) Giant King voted for a third party, but that person used one mushroom causing a three-way tie.

Let me know if you find any fallacies in my thinking.
'Goose, I think this is very good logic and worth keeping in mind. It's also worth noting that a voter for either of the players who got 3 votes could have purchased a fire flower, causing a 2-way tie at 4 votes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks for seeing my side of it, Russti. I wondered if I was taking crazy pills. You've articulated that all very well. I wonder if I have not explained myself very well these last few days. I've had RL drama this weekend (nothing worrying, but you know how family stuff can stress ya out), so that could very well be impacting my communicating acumen. I noticed that all three players who voted for me today also voted for Pipeworld. This could be just a coincidence because we seem to have a lot of Cheech & Chong fans here ;)

Have fun, Epi!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:Voted ice cause it hot!
I read that as ice cream. Ice cream world would be amazing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Roxy wrote:welcome to the game Lizzy and thanks for the thoughts and i agree you are a very easy target for baddies with your game style so I was happy to hear your suspicions. Not voting you though.

Catching up was quite enlightening. I agree that Mongoose is reaching with no case that I can see with LT and Elohcins quick second vote for LT twitched the hell out of my nose. I am adding my vote to Mongoose b/c currently Mongoose and LT are tied at 2 votes each though I woulld rather have voted Elohcin.
How was my vote quick? I didn't vote until a little before the poll ended.
S~V~S wrote:

My opinion? I'm glad I won the coin toss ;) . And, as I have said before, LT doesn't seem to be playing in the style I've seen from her before when she was a civ. She is usually more knowledgeable of what is going on. I can't see LT being someone who fails to notice that these were 24 hour days. Just doesn't seem right.

And, I will go for Ice World.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 40

Post by thellama73 »

MP: I have been mildly suspect of you for a while, and your reactions to recent lynches/NKs has not convinced me that you are trustworthy. Due t my intermittent presence, I can't pull together quotes and make a case for you right now, nor do I want to. I was just alerting the thread that you're on my watch list for the time being.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by LittleTiger »

Elo - once and for all... I did not know it was 24hrs. I didn't even know the game was in signups until Epi sent out a mass PM. When I followed the link to the sign up thread, the game was full, but Epi added me in and the game started. I did not read anything about the game prior to signing up.

Again, when I voted Desert, I simply picked the first option on the poll as I had done the day before. Still not sure why that was even an issue...

I have already explained WHY I am quiet. And I don't really know anything about the Mario game other than I played a mafia game based on it once. That is why I am not "knowledgeable" on the subject matter.

I haven't even set up a spreadsheet yet.

I am confused as to why I was almost lynched....

:shrug:
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Vompatti »

Dead mafia thread is dead. :rip:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

The old World Map poll will be closing soon, and it looks like we are headed for Ice World.

That said, maybe we can reach a consensus for next time before the new World Map poll is unlocked. Do we think something sinister awaits for us in Dark World? Would piranha plants be extra vicious in PipeWorld? We don't know who Nev was, but there is lots of characters he could have been, including either of those worlds' monarchs.

Both Pipe World and Dark World still could have their kings alive though, and it would make a trip to either fruitful (except for the caveats I mentioned above).

Does anyone have a gut instinct on Dark v. Pipe?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:The old World Map poll will be closing soon, and it looks like we are headed for Ice World.

That said, maybe we can reach a consensus for next time before the new World Map poll is unlocked. Do we think something sinister awaits for us in Dark World? Would piranha plants be extra vicious in PipeWorld? We don't know who Nev was, but there is lots of characters he could have been, including either of those worlds' monarchs.

Both Pipe World and Dark World still could have their kings alive though, and it would make a trip to either fruitful (except for the caveats I mentioned above).

Hmm, well Nev did vote Dark world first, so that could be a sign of affiliation. I'd be up for either really. Maybe pipe world this time. Also, since we have 48 hours to vote for the Map, I have thought it better to wait till after the lynch in case we lynch the king of the land. I also keep forgetting this thought, but there it is.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Good thinking on the last part actually. I have reason to believe the Pipe King is still alive, also judging from voting records. I'll likely vote Pipe Organ World too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Pipe sounds good to me as well at this point, though I think waiting until after the lynch is wise.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:The old World Map poll will be closing soon, and it looks like we are headed for Ice World.

As far as I know there haven't been any particular effects like those for the worlds we've visited so far so I don't know if I think it'd be any different for other worlds (except perhaps water where we know some baddie roles are quite powerful).
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Okay, guys. Makes sense. I'll slow my roll with World Map voting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I may get to this tonight, I may not. I just got out of a long day of conferences (no lunch, no supper), and the Hilton wants to nickel and dime us on Wifi. If I don't get the posts up and PMs out tonight, I'll do so early in the morning before the conferences get rolling.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:MP: I have been mildly suspect of you for a while, and your reactions to recent lynches/NKs has not convinced me that you are trustworthy. Due t my intermittent presence, I can't pull together quotes and make a case for you right now, nor do I want to. I was just alerting the thread that you're on my watch list for the time being.
Well, if you come up with anything for me to address, just let me know. I can't really say anything in response to your perception of my motives, but I can assure you they are genuine.

As to the World Map discussion, I'm not sure. I think I'd be up for either of those two though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Which realm of the Mushroom Kingdom shall you visit next?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Desert
Lizzy (9)
8%

Water
Vompatti (2)
8%

Ice
Mongoose (3), thellama73 (4), birdwithteeth11 (6), MovingPictures07 (10), Hedgeowl (11), Russtifinko (12)
46%

Pipe
Roxy (5), S~V~S (7), LittleTiger (8)
23%

Dark
Bullzeye (13)
8%

Bourbon (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
Epignosis (1)
8%

Total votes : 13