Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

TheCapsFan wrote:As annoying as he may post, Dom seems pretty town as well.
What makes you say this?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Alright I don't have anything to add myself so I'm gonna make a proposition to you all.

Talk about the following people:

Boomslang
Bullzeye
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Nerolunar
Quin

All those are players with 5 or more posts, which posted on day 2 or later, and yet nobody seems to be talking about them.

Yes I included myself. I fit the above criteria so it's only fair. And it feels awkward when nobody wants me dead, I don't like it. Talk about me more please.

Don't have an opinion on them? Well it's a great time to ISO them. Go.
I'll GTH them. I'll humor the haters.
Boomslang - civ
Bullzeye - civ
DDL - civ
Elohcin - bad
Nerolunar - civ
Quin - civ
Elaborate on these reads, Mr. Dom. I think I see you being a vocal opponent of Scotty throughout the thread, and I also think I saw you vote for sig and DFaraday yesterday (correct me if I am wrong). Can you give me, a newcomer who's read very little, a concise version of any or all of these reads? please and thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

In my bits of backtracking I've seen a bit of talk about how to handle the whole two vote thing. I'm almost certainly just going to use my two votes to vote for people I think are suspicious, but if there are alternative strategies out there lay them on me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
Catching up a little. I don't like this.
Why not? Who you gonna vote for today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Welcome Sloonei! I think I entirely forgot about Bubbles in my post back there, in addition to forgetting that rabbit was already replaced :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hi nutella! I think this is the post you are referencing:
nutella wrote:Inactives/low posters:
Rabbit has not shown up at all.

Soneji has not shown up at all.

Dunny has not posted since day 1. Perhaps he has forgotten about the game.

leetic only has one post from day 0. Has probably completely forgotten about the game.

DP has a total of 2 posts, one of which is a nothing and the other stating his d2 vote (not even giving reasoning). He's normally very quiet but this is pretty egregious.

TheCapsFan posted a few times on D0, but missed both d1 and d2 with just a couple check-in posts, plus the weird one today.

Niju is also quite inactive with just one D0 post and one post this Monday about how busy she is/hadn't caught up.

Bullzeye popped in briefly on both day 1 and day 2 to make uninformed votes and state that he hadn't been able to catch up.

Spacedaisy likewise; is confirmed very busy irl and voted on day 2 for self voters but has not caught up at all.

BWT has likewise admitted inability to keep up with the game.

Simon has a few posts from d0 and d2 but overall hasn't participated much.

Elohcin has similarly had trouble keeping up with the game, but I'm fairly satisfied with her Day 2 effort/participation/vote.

...That's really quite a lot. I wonder if anyone would be available to replace in for at least a couple of these people.

Players with 10-15 posts include DF, Timmer, Nerolunar, Boomslang, Russ, and Sorsha. Typical for DF, and I think he's participated a normal amount for him (mostly his back and forth with Dom). Sorsha also tends to be pretty quiet, but I would like a bit more substance from her. Timmer and Russ have been popular suspects/lynch candidates and aren't doing much about it. Nero and Boom, well, they're on DDL's list so I'll be looking into them but they've both been quite under the radar.

On to DDL's list.

Boomslang: Discussed duel mechanics/strats on d0, was away for most of d1, participated a little on d2 voting for MM and Jan. I feel pretty ok/neutral about him.

Bullzeye: see above. doesn't seem much like him to be this inactive, but idk if it's alignment indicative :shrug:

Dragon D. Luffy: 3rd highest poster (2nd not counting the dead), I don't really feel like reading his whole ISO but overall I have a pretty strong civ read of him.

Elohcin: again see above. pretty inactive but I feel like she's ok alignment-wise.

Nerolunar: Kind of like DF, his participation has been low but fairly regular and decent. The only thing that gives me pause is that he voted for BWT and Timmer on D2, staying far away from the MM/Russ/Dom contest. Seems like maybe he hadn't been caught up but it would be nice to know if he had thoughts on any of that.

Quin: one of the highest posters, but that doesn't mean he hasn't blended in to some extent. I feel pretty good about him though.

OK, this isn't much but I'm gonna go ahead and post it, and then go back to the few mid-low posters that I haven't ISOed yet -- Russ, Timmer, Sorsha, and DF. After that I'm thinking I might ISO TH because a lot of people, me included, have been citing a sort of bizarre, supernatural, inexplicable odor of "something's not quite right" emanating from the general direction of the turnip.
Have you looked at those "mid-low" posters yet? Would you like to vote for any of them? What do you think of Bubbles' replacement so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
Catching up a little. I don't like this.
Why not? Who you gonna vote for today?
Seems like a 'Let me prove just how town I am by volunteering to be lynched' scum tactic. It's a pretty hard ping, but without a whole lot of activity to evaluate Caps with I won't vote there today.

I'm still looking at Dom, at the very least. There's quite a bit of dialogue between us that you can look into. I can't give you an answer for my second just yet, because I really don't know.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

TheCapsFan wrote:
leetic wrote:Voted for my fellow Bulbagardener as well as INH from my first game on this site.
I'm touched <3 I had no idea you were going to vote for me, otherwise I would have done the same :P

Also according to the official definition of prefect (courtesy of Turnip Head) leetic and I fit the bill perfectly, as we are both moderators of Bulbagarden.
I see CapsFan and leetic are visitors from another site. Hello, welcome, I hope you're settling in nicely! What can you guys tell me about each other?

Also, CapsFan, you mentioned in your first post that you've played with JJJ before. Is there anyone else in there who you're familiar with?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Quin: You just named Dom as your top suspect while also expressing a "hard ping" on CapsFan. So what do you make of this post, if anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:@Quin: You just named Dom as your top suspect while also expressing a "hard ping" on CapsFan. So what do you make of this post, if anything?
I don't make anything out of it that I wouldn't to another person. The stronger I feel about Dom the more people seem to civ read him. I don't know if I'm supposed to be missing something but I feel like meta is beating out in-thread evidence. What do you think about Dom?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I figured I'd have a look at the roster and identify all the Strangers. I've not played with or have very limited experience with the following:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Dunny, unless this is diiny.
Glorfindel (I think we played a heist together a few months ago)
insertnamehere
Jan
leetic
LoRab, name is familiar but I can't recall any past game experience.
rabbit
Simon
CapsFan

That's more than I was expecting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

And while we're talking about this, I want to humor our dear night messenger dude and discuss the possibility of him being saved.

The Russ train gained quite a lot of speed at the last minute. I'm not very good at interpreting that thing Rico posted earlier, but if someone could give some insight it'd be appreciated.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@Quin: You just named Dom as your top suspect while also expressing a "hard ping" on CapsFan. So what do you make of this post, if anything?
I don't make anything out of it that I wouldn't to another person. The stronger I feel about Dom the more people seem to civ read him. I don't know if I'm supposed to be missing something but I feel like meta is beating out in-thread evidence. What do you think about Dom?
I think he is adept at acting like Donald Trump and I'd like to better understand his votes thus far.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
What things are you referencing here? How would you rate Moonrise Kingdom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TheCapsFan wrote:Agh, didn't see your reads, DDL. Ignore the above post. Even so, I'm not sure I'd vote this early in a phase, especially when your vote can't be changed...
How and when will you be voting? TALK TO ME CAPS FAN!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The weird thing about Russ is that he was around a little bit on day 2, but didn't really defend himself despite being on the dueling block. He just barely responded to JJJ's points about him, but basically nothing since. There was also this lynch reaction that a handful of people (myself included) didn't like. I really don't know what to think of him at this point tbh. The things that JJJ pointed out were never particularly incriminating IMO, but his style has been weird and, as I said of MM, rather cavalier :p Did he give up on defending himself from the bandwagon? Was he quite confident that he was going to win the duel, and just not bother getting worried?

Since I started writing this post he's made another check-in post that's really no more than that, and he says he'll probably "more-or-less random" vote today due to not catching up. I'm kinda feeling worse and worse about his style/participation here -- in fact it's pretty much the same feeling I got from MM. Russ is climbing back up toward the top of my list for today.

Timmer has very few posts of substance -- like many others he couldn't keep up with the thread, but his drive-by vote was pretty suspicious. He's defended it twice and seems to think it was a perfectly fine thing for a civ to do. I'm rather inclined to disagree, but I suppose I could see him feeling genuinely ok about it. But the fact that he voted for the two runner-ups to MM is very suspicious. Especially looking at where he voted on Rico's handy chart -- MM was in the lead but Dom and Russ were pretty close behind, and Timmer brought them even closer. Doesn't look good. I may very well vote for him again today.

Sorsha has popped in a few times and not caught up/participated in the thread discussion much but she has brought in her own unique perspective on some random stuff. Like she wanted to go after the prefects and thought they might be more likely to have teammates, which is actually not an unreasonable point, but her attitude when asked about it was a little odd. When asked about the main candidates on day 2 she said she didn't suspect Dom, wasn't sure about Russ, but "would be ok with an MM vote" but then she voted for herself and INH. Tbh that strikes me as the kind of thing a teammate might do -- saying she's ok with that bandwagon but not actually joining it -- but the fact that she voted for herself and another non-vote-getter is a less suspicious way to uninformedly vote than timmer's.

DF seems to me like his usual self, and has been completely reasonable in his back and forth with Dom. I think he's good.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
What things are you referencing here? How would you rate Moonrise Kingdom?
Posts like this:
Golden wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:As for you Golden, my friend, I trust your second statement isn't predicated on the first? Assuming that to be the case, can you shed any light on the reasons for your views on Dom?
Not entirely predicated.

But that part was a meta read. So is everything else.

I think in this game Dom sticks out. When Dom is scum, I don't see him sticking out. He might be present and vocal, but it feels more like he is trying to be able to show he is there and part of the game but without drawing attention to himself.

The gimmick felt like town Dom. Making a legitimate read on SVS in death, felt like town Dom. The content from Dom that I've read, feels like town Dom.

I'm just not seeing baddie Dom.
By Ricochet: (Though I find that he tends to go between meta and evidence - a good look, actually)
1. It murks the lines between being confrontational with your sussers simply because it's in your persona's bloodstream and actually disapproving or deflecting suspicions in a valid way. This is a entirely hollow banter reaction to JJJ finding your suss on Bass to be weak. This is just one example of how blurry the line between 'spittin' Domald' and NO U'ing can get - and frankly, I tend to label NO U'ing Dom as bad Dom. I basically don't spot any player to have suspected you that didn't get this treatment: JJJ and DFaraday most of all, to a lesser extent nutella, Quin, Scotty.
MacDougall wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh look a guy who I voted for on day 1 got lynched and is bad and this time I didn't actually try making a case on him. New strategy.

Wassup Glorfindel with ignoring my comment? You scared there buddy?
Mr. Big Mac, what was the result of that test you took eh?

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016.
You seem civ.
What makes him seem remotely civ to you?
I haven't seen Dom play like this before. He doesn't strike me as someone who would play this whimsically if he had a team agenda.
I mean, there are some better examples but they're long lost in the thread and I don't remember who said them to check them out. Just searching for 'Dom' doesn't help because it yields like 200 searches per page. :omg:

Also, it was great. My favourite part was when he got struck by lightning.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:Hi nutella! I think this is the post you are referencing:
nutella wrote:Inactives/low posters:
Rabbit has not shown up at all.

Soneji has not shown up at all.

Dunny has not posted since day 1. Perhaps he has forgotten about the game.

leetic only has one post from day 0. Has probably completely forgotten about the game.

DP has a total of 2 posts, one of which is a nothing and the other stating his d2 vote (not even giving reasoning). He's normally very quiet but this is pretty egregious.

TheCapsFan posted a few times on D0, but missed both d1 and d2 with just a couple check-in posts, plus the weird one today.

Niju is also quite inactive with just one D0 post and one post this Monday about how busy she is/hadn't caught up.

Bullzeye popped in briefly on both day 1 and day 2 to make uninformed votes and state that he hadn't been able to catch up.

Spacedaisy likewise; is confirmed very busy irl and voted on day 2 for self voters but has not caught up at all.

BWT has likewise admitted inability to keep up with the game.

Simon has a few posts from d0 and d2 but overall hasn't participated much.

Elohcin has similarly had trouble keeping up with the game, but I'm fairly satisfied with her Day 2 effort/participation/vote.

...That's really quite a lot. I wonder if anyone would be available to replace in for at least a couple of these people.

Players with 10-15 posts include DF, Timmer, Nerolunar, Boomslang, Russ, and Sorsha. Typical for DF, and I think he's participated a normal amount for him (mostly his back and forth with Dom). Sorsha also tends to be pretty quiet, but I would like a bit more substance from her. Timmer and Russ have been popular suspects/lynch candidates and aren't doing much about it. Nero and Boom, well, they're on DDL's list so I'll be looking into them but they've both been quite under the radar.

On to DDL's list.

Boomslang: Discussed duel mechanics/strats on d0, was away for most of d1, participated a little on d2 voting for MM and Jan. I feel pretty ok/neutral about him.

Bullzeye: see above. doesn't seem much like him to be this inactive, but idk if it's alignment indicative :shrug:

Dragon D. Luffy: 3rd highest poster (2nd not counting the dead), I don't really feel like reading his whole ISO but overall I have a pretty strong civ read of him.

Elohcin: again see above. pretty inactive but I feel like she's ok alignment-wise.

Nerolunar: Kind of like DF, his participation has been low but fairly regular and decent. The only thing that gives me pause is that he voted for BWT and Timmer on D2, staying far away from the MM/Russ/Dom contest. Seems like maybe he hadn't been caught up but it would be nice to know if he had thoughts on any of that.

Quin: one of the highest posters, but that doesn't mean he hasn't blended in to some extent. I feel pretty good about him though.

OK, this isn't much but I'm gonna go ahead and post it, and then go back to the few mid-low posters that I haven't ISOed yet -- Russ, Timmer, Sorsha, and DF. After that I'm thinking I might ISO TH because a lot of people, me included, have been citing a sort of bizarre, supernatural, inexplicable odor of "something's not quite right" emanating from the general direction of the turnip.
Have you looked at those "mid-low" posters yet? Would you like to vote for any of them? What do you think of Bubbles' replacement so far?
Just finished that post, and yes, most likely Timmer and maybe Russ. I think you're looking good so far.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
I think he is adept at acting like Donald Trump and I'd like to better understand his votes thus far.
Good luck.
TheCapsFan wrote:@DDL Curious as to why you've already voted this early in the phase.
If anyone had voted for you early on, you probably wouldn't be asking this. Since you basically asked us to cast you as Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Actually, I did forget about timmer when I was answering your first question, Sloonei. :flamed:

He's on my list. Probably not number one, but he's on there.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:
Scotty wrote:To an extent, I think it is suspicious for someone to campaign to have a responsibility to the people and not show up. It's like he hopped on the one-way bus in San Francisco and now he's in Thailand without a phone. How did he get there? Any word would help.
I did a shitty thing, I realize. I severely misjudged how much extra time I'd have over a very limited amount of days. I messed up. But I'm now here and ready to play.
Thanks for sending your hologram here to tell us you're around.

So you're ready to play? Any...thoughts on the game? Or are you ready to play the silent game? You've been doing well at that game it to this point.
Dom wrote:So Scotty-- did INH tell you in BTSC he'd show up later or????
Or
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:The weird thing about Russ is that he was around a little bit on day 2, but didn't really defend himself despite being on the dueling block. He just barely responded to JJJ's points about him, but basically nothing since. There was also this lynch reaction that a handful of people (myself included) didn't like. I really don't know what to think of him at this point tbh. The things that JJJ pointed out were never particularly incriminating IMO, but his style has been weird and, as I said of MM, rather cavalier :p Did he give up on defending himself from the bandwagon? Was he quite confident that he was going to win the duel, and just not bother getting worried?

Since I started writing this post he's made another check-in post that's really no more than that, and he says he'll probably "more-or-less random" vote today due to not catching up. I'm kinda feeling worse and worse about his style/participation here -- in fact it's pretty much the same feeling I got from MM. Russ is climbing back up toward the top of my list for today.

Timmer has very few posts of substance -- like many others he couldn't keep up with the thread, but his drive-by vote was pretty suspicious. He's defended it twice and seems to think it was a perfectly fine thing for a civ to do. I'm rather inclined to disagree, but I suppose I could see him feeling genuinely ok about it. But the fact that he voted for the two runner-ups to MM is very suspicious. Especially looking at where he voted on Rico's handy chart -- MM was in the lead but Dom and Russ were pretty close behind, and Timmer brought them even closer. Doesn't look good. I may very well vote for him again today.

Sorsha has popped in a few times and not caught up/participated in the thread discussion much but she has brought in her own unique perspective on some random stuff. Like she wanted to go after the prefects and thought they might be more likely to have teammates, which is actually not an unreasonable point, but her attitude when asked about it was a little odd. When asked about the main candidates on day 2 she said she didn't suspect Dom, wasn't sure about Russ, but "would be ok with an MM vote" but then she voted for herself and INH. Tbh that strikes me as the kind of thing a teammate might do -- saying she's ok with that bandwagon but not actually joining it -- but the fact that she voted for herself and another non-vote-getter is a less suspicious way to uninformedly vote than timmer's.

DF seems to me like his usual self, and has been completely reasonable in his back and forth with Dom. I think he's good.
I see what you mean RE: Russ, I've looked over a couple of his posts and he seems to just be faintly here.

I've not looked at anything posted by timmer or sorsha yet. I can say that the one time I played with timmer before he was my strongest town read in the game right off the bat, so if that's not the case this time he must be scum. I'll have to have a look.

Could you elaborate more on sorsha's "odd attitude" toward the prefect thing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@quin, my bad I quoted the wrong post.
Quin wrote:And while we're talking about this, I want to humor our dear night messenger dude and discuss the possibility of him being saved.

The Russ train gained quite a lot of speed at the last minute. I'm not very good at interpreting that thing Rico posted earlier, but if someone could give some insight it'd be appreciated.
What things are you referencing here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey Scotty I am a mindless sheep and you are my shepherd. Tell me who to vote for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Could you elaborate more on sorsha's "odd attitude" toward the prefect thing?

These three posts have a sort of sassy/taunting/dismissive tone when asked why she wants prefects to duel
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:@quin, my bad I quoted the wrong post.
Quin wrote:And while we're talking about this, I want to humor our dear night messenger dude and discuss the possibility of him being saved.

The "messenger dude" bit refers to the message from the role Zhuge Liang, posted here.

"That thing Rico posted" is this lovely chart that shows how the votes evolved.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

I looked at timmer's posts. I find this series of posts to be at least somewhat believable:
timmer wrote:I'm not understanding this game yet. I'll get into it soon though.
timmer wrote:I'm so lost.
timmer wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
timmer wrote:I'm so lost.
What is troubling you timmer-san... mechanics or suspicions?
Mechanics and the sheer volume of the game. I don't know how to follow such a wordy game. But I'll get engaged soon I just need a day of.
I know the feeling of being helplessly behind in a game. It can be daunting and frustrating. However this is not something that I'd categorize as being alignment-indicative, so I'll reserve judgment either way until more things have happened.
Hi timmer, I am no more caught up on things than you are. I've only just got here and read <10% of the thread. Tell me what you think of nutella's analysis of you in this post?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:
Sloonei wrote: Could you elaborate more on sorsha's "odd attitude" toward the prefect thing?

These three posts have a sort of sassy/taunting/dismissive tone when asked why she wants prefects to duel
Solid observation. I look forward to sorsha's response.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:@quin, my bad I quoted the wrong post.

noob :shrug2:

Here's the actual 'thing'. It was briefly discussed a little around page 25 if you're keen. I get the premise of it but my head hurts looking at it.

Voter10 votes9 votes8 votes7 votes6 votes5 votes4 votes3 votes2 votes1 vote
Simon*---------JaggedJimmyJay, Simon
Scotty---------Dom, MM, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon
Jan--------MMDom, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
DFaraday-------MMDomJaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
DDL------MM-DomJaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Russ, Turnip
Quin-----MM-Dom-JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Russ, Turnip
Mac-----MM-DomRussDunny, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
Dom-----MM-DomRussDFaraday, Dunny, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Ninja-----MM-DomRussDFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
BWT*-----MM-DomRussBWT, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
timmer-----MMDomRuss-BWT, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Nerolunar-----MMDomRussBWTDFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
Bass*----MM-DomRussBWTBass, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
Bull*----MM-DomRussBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
JJJ----MM-Dom, Russ-BWT, timmerBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
MP----MM-Dom, RusstimmerBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Sorsha*----MM-Dom, RusstimmerBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha,Turnip
Spacedaisy----MM-Dom, RussBWT,timmerBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Elohcin---MM-RussDomBWT, timmerBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Golden---MMRuss-Dom, timmerBWTBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Glorfindel---MMRussDomtimmerBWTBass, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Turnip--MM-RussDomtimmerBWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Simon, Turnip
LoRab*--MM-RussDomtimmerBWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, Simon, Turnip
DP--MMRuss-Dom, timmer-BWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
Boomslang-MM-Russ-Dom, timmer-BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
nutellaMM--RusstimmerDom-BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
MMMM-Russ-Dom, timmer--BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It feels great to be mafiaing again after having to drop out of that one game last week. I was itching to get back at it ever since. But I also was not expecting to be thrust into a game suddenly tonight, so I've already spent much more time here than I was intending and now it is absolutely pivotal that I go watch Breaking Bad until I fall asleep. I'll be back and full of questions bright and early tomorrow morning, my fellow dynasty warriors.

linki @ quin: tl;dr
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:It feels great to be mafiaing again after having to drop out of that one game last week. I was itching to get back at it ever since. But I also was not expecting to be thrust into a game suddenly tonight, so I've already spent much more time here than I was intending and now it is absolutely pivotal that I go watch Breaking Bad until I fall asleep. I'll be back and full of questions bright and early tomorrow morning, my fellow dynasty warriors.

linki @ quin: tl;dr
:meany:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:The weird thing about Russ is that he was around a little bit on day 2, but didn't really defend himself despite being on the dueling block. He just barely responded to JJJ's points about him, but basically nothing since. There was also this lynch reaction that a handful of people (myself included) didn't like. I really don't know what to think of him at this point tbh. The things that JJJ pointed out were never particularly incriminating IMO, but his style has been weird and, as I said of MM, rather cavalier :p Did he give up on defending himself from the bandwagon? Was he quite confident that he was going to win the duel, and just not bother getting worried?

I see what you mean RE: Russ, I've looked over a couple of his posts and he seems to just be faintly here.

I've not looked at anything posted by timmer or sorsha yet. I can say that the one time I played with timmer before he was my strongest town read in the game right off the bat, so if that's not the case this time he must be scum. I'll have to have a look.

Could you elaborate more on sorsha's "odd attitude" toward the prefect thing?
I was about to dig into you a bit for what you said about timmer here, but I assume by the formatting you were being sarcastic.
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Hello! I did get very sick for a while, plus I'm not used to games of this size, so I'm sorry for the inactivity. I'm looking over this thread, but if anybody could give me a quick recap that would be cool. Gracias!
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jan
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Jan »

Ugh, I won't have time to make that post as promised. It'll contain justifications for my votes this round.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote:Hello! I did get very sick for a while, plus I'm not used to games of this size, so I'm sorry for the inactivity. I'm looking over this thread, but if anybody could give me a quick recap that would be cool. Gracias!
What can you tell me about CapsFan as a player?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:I figured I'd have a look at the roster and identify all the Strangers. I've not played with or have very limited experience with the following:
Glorfindel (I think we played a heist together a few months ago)
I'm really sad that Bubbles felt compelled to leave this game... :(

Hi, Sloonei :) No, I don't recall that I've ever had the pleasure... You sound very... 'motivated'? I look forward to playing this game with you my friend :)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Alright I don't have anything to add myself so I'm gonna make a proposition to you all.

Talk about the following people:

Boomslang
Bullzeye
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Nerolunar
Quin

All those are players with 5 or more posts, which posted on day 2 or later, and yet nobody seems to be talking about them.

Yes I included myself. I fit the above criteria so it's only fair. And it feels awkward when nobody wants me dead, I don't like it. Talk about me more please.

Don't have an opinion on them? Well it's a great time to ISO them. Go.
Here I go. I'm not quoting things because cba, so follow along in his post history, I'll try and address each post that speaks out to me in a different line. I'm skipping Luffy for a different post, because I know I can get through everyone else without a post being way too bulky but he'll inevitably wind up with a whole post to himself. :p

Boomslang

First thing of interest is that he votes the marmot for prefect, though it's under the guise of something not particularly related to the game. The question is 'do I believe him?' He also gives a vote to TH, who's also come under a bit of scrutiny, so it's something to point out.

He also was pretty thorough in explaining why the idea of pitting civs up against baddies was bad, but then he dialed back to agree that 'because we have more warriors, it's a good strategy' - which pretty much just contradicts the point he was making. I feel like he's arguing the opposite of what his earlier justification should be saying in later posts. Not a good look.

His first accusation was at Jan - I don't think anybody was even looking at Jan before this and that hasn't really changed. I think his reasons make sense. He addresses the marmot wagon and later even jumps on it. I'm not sure exactly where this put marmot on the poll, so my read would depend on that, but this suspicion kind of just springs out of nowhere.

His latest post makes me feel better. Boomslang seems to just be following a bunch of non-mainstream suspicions and is consistent in it. I like that in practice, but there's the possibility in my mind that he's just trying to avoid coming under fire for being involved in the 'bigger' wagons. He's standing out pretty well, though, so I'm having my doubts there.

Overall, maybe the slightest of civ reads. He should post more.

Bullzeye

First things first, he votes Wilgy for prefect - though again, there's a non-game related reason. Keeping this in mind for the future.

He says a bit about how the civ vs baddie or baddie vs baddie opinions in terms of the duels aren't suspicious. I disagree. But he seems genuine.

He self-votes day 2, and not anybody with him. I guess it's cool. Neutral.

Another slight civ read. Should also post more.

Elohcin

Some discourse with Luffy, her reasons for supporting 3J as prefect are good.

She has a bit of an 'odd' opinion about the duels, but she's on the suspect vs suspect side, which I like.

A prefect vote for Wilgy. Her reasoning is just because of a lack of time to read the thread. I think by what she said she has been somewhat involved in catching up, so I'd imagine she voted those two based on some sort of a civ read.

She's pretty early to support the case against marmot. I don't recall who she's voted for today and when (and with this site's internet being as it is, I don't want to go search for it) so I'd be interested to compare this post with the time of her vote (and reasoning for her second, as that may obviously delay it)

Nevermind. She did follow up with a vote for marmot and russ. The timing reminds me of the idea that Dom was saved, but I'm not very interested in pursuing that train of thought until we know that for sure.

Of the three I've done thus far, she's my strongest civ read. It's not a confident read, but that comes with the territory of having a low post count. I imagine this might change pending Dom's flip...if it ever happens.

Nerolunar

He's pinged by MP's defence at the GTH thing. Most of us put that down as PhD stress, right?

Marmot pries into his 'reasonable bandwagon' idea. It's sort of soft, and doesn't really tell me anything one way or another, because it's not pursued by him.

Points fingers at Glorfindel for having this overtly friendly attitude. I've stalked a couple of games I haven't been in and when he's playing he generally always has that attitude. Even with he's under scrutiny. He must be some sort of masochist, idk. I don't really know why that accusation exists.

He's open about his under the radar playing style this game. I've not seen him do this before, but seeing him acknowledge it before any else looks good.

I'm slightly iffy about his vote for the random voters. One of them did land on timmer a person I'm currently scumreading, and he was an emerging wagon.

Nerolunars a neutral read, but if I were to GTH it, I'd say bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

For all the talk about the post volume being too high thisbgame seems to have way less posts than a game this size normally does. I've seem 20 player, 24 hour games with more posts.

I wonder what those people were expecting when they signed up...

Granted, the average post here has a lot more text than the average post at my home site, but still...
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

This may already have been said by someone else, probably Rico lol, but I don't see MM voting Russti if they are partners. I think he would have voted earlier and tried to sway the second train away from Russti slightly more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

It feels like we are missing a lot of people.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:This may already have been said by someone else, probably Rico lol, but I don't see MM voting Russti if they are partners. I think he would have voted earlier and tried to sway the second train away from Russti slightly more.
I agree with this.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Sloonei welcome to the game.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I wish someone else was on right now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

I have an oddball theory.

Simon has gone quiet. He seemed to have a random beef with JJJ. If he is a Nanman and is low on partners he might lose interest and he might kill JJJ. I could see a lonely Simon mafia doing that.

FYI I am just digging throught the thread for some missing pearls at the moment. Nothing has been really jumping out at me. If nothing juicy comes out I am going to revote Russ and Dunny as nothing there has made me feel any better about either of them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

People are focusing too much on the nanman and forgetting web have a second mafia to deal with. And a cult. And a serial killer.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

^^ :srsnod:
Dunny
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Dunny »

hey guys, sorry a lot of shit happened and I've been in hospital. Will do my best to try and catch up
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Hey DDL, do you think most of the the people who are mafia are laying low or are they being active or... Are they in that sweet middle area flying under the radar?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I don't know if anyone has made this observation yet but I'll go ahead anyway - If someone has, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was going back looking at MM's votes during his somewhat limited time with us and would like to make the following observations:

Day 1: MM's votes for Day 1 were on: Dr Wilgy (21) and Turnip Head (22). I obviously don't know MM as well as most of you but is it really THAT likely that he would've voted for TWO of his Nanman team mates on Day 1 :shrug: From an outsider's perspective, I should think it somewhat unlikely - which on balance is a better look for TH. I'm happy to reconsider this if anyone would like to offer an alternate opinion.

Day 2: MM was the last to cast his votes for Dom (54) and Russtifinko (55). Prior to placing his votes, Russ was 'runner-up' wagon on 7 votes. The next highest wagon was timmer on 6 votes. So assuming MM's vote was a 'hail Mary' self preservation vote, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to have voted the next highest wagons (Russ and timmer) than to place his vote on Dom? Admittedly, timmer's last vote (6) was made immediately before MM's (by Nutella) but I wonder what conclusions could be drawn from that? The vote for Dom was on a slow burn from the beginning of the Day phase (starting on vote (5) and followed by votes (9), (13), (23) and (43). In comparison, timmer's vote was meteoric - picking up 6 votes in a matter of hours (votes (26), (31), (33), (41), (48) and (53). If self preservation were his goal, I'd have thought MM would've voted timmer before Dom :shrug:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dunny wrote:hey guys, sorry a lot of shit happened and I've been in hospital. Will do my best to try and catch up
I hope you're OK, my friend :( :bighug:

Return to “Previous Jobs”