Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:The whole timmer wagon was the reason I looked at Glorfindel in the first place. Not that I resisted at all, but in hindsight I can't not see timmer as a potential low-hanging fruit, so anyone who advocated for his lynch becomes more suspicious. I followed up on a few players, Glorfindel came out looking the least good in my eyes.
For the record, I had no reason to suspect timmer before I made that observation and yes, I allowed that interpretation of events to influence how I voted and I said as much. If you are genuinely looking for Mafia, I'd recommend you consider those players that voted for timmer WITHOUT any justification...
No. I am looking at the people who provided justification, because they would be the ones responsible for turning the tide against him.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:I think you were trying to work the angle of pushing for low-posters to be lynched, or at least creating that as an avenue for yourself to pursue so that you could stay out of any more heated cases later on. Your other vote was on Sorsha, so you cast two votes on players whose biggest mark against them was silence. Consistent, but also safe. I also do not like the method of defense that attempts to entirely brush off and discredit an accusation, which you are using here. I think I've stated a fairly reasonable concern and your response is to mock it as being so bad that I am helping the scum out; which at least suggests that you believe I am town, so it's good to know that.
I am not mocking you, my friend and yes, you're right - You are reasonably high on my town list at the moment - if I come across as sarcastic, I apologise. I do happen to believe you are misguided in the conclusions you're drawing here.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I think you were trying to work the angle of pushing for low-posters to be lynched, or at least creating that as an avenue for yourself to pursue so that you could stay out of any more heated cases later on. Your other vote was on Sorsha, so you cast two votes on players whose biggest mark against them was silence. Consistent, but also safe. I also do not like the method of defense that attempts to entirely brush off and discredit an accusation, which you are using here. I think I've stated a fairly reasonable concern and your response is to mock it as being so bad that I am helping the scum out; which at least suggests that you believe I am town, so it's good to know that.
I am not mocking you, my friend and yes, you're right - You are reasonably high on my town list at the moment - if I come across as sarcastic, I apologise. I do happen to believe you are misguided in the conclusions you're drawing here.
You are not coming off as sarcastic, but you were coming off as a little frustrated and maybe a bit flustered there. And this is something that I am programmed to find suspicious, unfortunately. I can't go against my programming.
Why do you think I'm town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Diao Chan wrote:你好朋友
誰今天我們殺
hey babe what's your name?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
You are not coming off as sarcastic, but you were coming off as a little frustrated and maybe a bit flustered there. And this is something that I am programmed to find suspicious, unfortunately. I can't go against my programming.
Frustrated, perhaps. Every game I play here, despite how hard I try I inevitably end up being falsely accused for reasons that range from the spurious to the ridiculous (and if you don't believe me, go back and read Matt's Two-Face accusation of me - it's typical). I understand that you may find my reaction in this regard suspicious but as you say, you're not familiar with my play style and I'll admit I'm probably somewhat 'unique' :haha:

Why do I think you're Town? I didn't say this previously but I was disappointed to lose 3J from this game. His posts were (as usual) masterpieces of analysis and interrogation and that's what I want to try to emulate. Consequently, I have little doubt that he was Town. When he got eliminated, I thought we'd lost that but then we got you and Ricochet that have kept the conversations going (clearly not a Mafia agenda). I see some logic to some of your conclusions (clearly not at least one...) and you are clearly an asset to us. I find some of your conclusions aligning to those I've reached so obviously that helps to.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
This feels a bit fake to me.
Why?
I dunno, just does. Is it?
Not at all.
Thoughts on Glorfindel?
Wafflin'.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epi- you have not updated Bubbles->Sloonei on the poll.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Not that I can see anyone voting for Sloonei this phase though :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

So for Mac and LoRab (I think those were the two who asked) and whoever else was curious. These were the vote reasons for me. Put some in link backs because they were long with multi-quotes in them.

Boomslang
Suggesting ideas and then not taking them seriously seems suspicious
Being flippant about the game and trying to not make waves.

Nerolunar
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:3 hours to go and I think my short list is down to 3 people. Right now I am leaning toward 2 of DDL, Russtifinko, and timmer. So far no one has more than a single vote, let's start working toward a consensus.
I don't really feel bad about any of those - Boomslangs suggestions seem better to me, especially Sorsha.
Didn't like me voting for inh

Elohcin
Elohcin wrote:I voted Sorsha and TH. I have my reasons but probably shouldn't share them with the class.
Glorfindel
Doesn't like my day one vote for the prefects plan
Thinks Dom and I are connected

Russtifinko
Russtifinko wrote:I made it to vote! But I have to get back to dinner. Voting Sorsha and BWT, because some other people did but not a LOT of other people.
insertnamehere
Because I'm weird and I "went after him"

Sloonei
Sloonei wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I'm here
Hi Sorsha! What's going on? Do you have any suspects? What do you think of Dom, MM, and Russ?
Have only been skimming. Looks like Dom is mostly getting votes for the trump schtick, mm for some connection to wilgy and I have no idea what Russ did to be suspicious. My own suspicion is inh but it could probably be more of an annoyance than suspicion. Lobbying for prefect and promising to be active and then bailing.

I don't really find Dom suspicious I could be ok with a mm vote, Russ I don't know yet.
I do not like this post from sorsha. She just brushes over all the popular suspicions as if they're inconsequential, then brings up her own totally baseless suspicion and never elaborates on it. I can understand sorsha suspicion, but I'd be hesitant to cast a vote until she gives us more to work with. For now. Not a town read.
Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:
Sloonei wrote: Could you elaborate more on sorsha's "odd attitude" toward the prefect thing?

These three posts have a sort of sassy/taunting/dismissive tone when asked why she wants prefects to duel
Solid observation. I look forward to sorsha's response.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Boomslang
Suggesting ideas and then not taking them seriously seems suspicious

Meh- it was day one. Did it look like I was trying really hard to get people to vote the prefects? Is it a plan anyone could actually see happening? I think it's just one of those "flippant" comments that baddies love to jump on. *more flippancy from Sorsha*

Being flippant about the game and trying to not make waves.

And I will continue to be flippant about it because it is a game, day 3 has only just begun, look what has happened to the players who have "made waves," it seems that if people are talking about me and voting me that I have actually made waves.

Nerolunar
Nerolunar wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:3 hours to go and I think my short list is down to 3 people. Right now I am leaning toward 2 of DDL, Russtifinko, and timmer. So far no one has more than a single vote, let's start working toward a consensus.
I don't really feel bad about any of those - Boomslangs suggestions seem better to me, especially Sorsha.
Nothing original here... just agreeing with what Boomslang said about me, lame.

Didn't like me voting for inh
Why are you defending inh? Because he's a prefect? This post just looks like you wanting to join the Sorsha train but you have to try to come up with something that looks original.

Elohcin
Elohcin wrote:I voted Sorsha and TH. I have my reasons but probably shouldn't share them with the class.
Biggest load of bullshit of these votes so far. You are implying you know something about TH and I and that it's something worthy of a vote. I have no idea what you think you know, and I know nothing about TH I can only speak for myself, but I know you have ZERO on me.

Glorfindel
Doesn't like my day one vote for the prefects plan
Thinks Dom and I are connected

I'm not on a team with Dom, see my response to Nero about the prefect thing.

Russtifinko
Russtifinko wrote:I made it to vote! But I have to get back to dinner. Voting Sorsha and BWT, because some other people did but not a LOT of other people.
Yeah ok bro. See you again for 10 seconds at the end of day three! :shrug:

insertnamehere
Because I'm weird and I "went after him"
It reflects on your alignment because you could have gotten an advantage that you are now able to use/share bts with your team, you sure aren't helping out in the thread with whatever advantage you won for being a prefect. So yeah, I do find that suspicious.

Sloonei
I feel like he probably gave the best reasoning for voting me and looking through his posts he did pose questions and give me time to answer them before voting for me, unfortunately I wasn't around to do so. What I find odd about you sloonei was the post from today
Sloonei wrote:I'm still not totally on board with a lot of the suspicions that I've seen leveled against TH, but that doesn't mean I have him as a town read. I keep forgetting that I've only actually been in this game for about 72 hours. There's a lot of players I have undeveloped reads on. My sorsha vote was influenced by my desire not to lynch Turnip Head or Dom at the end of yesterday, but now that I've had time to reflect I do not think that was a good decision on my part.

Not that I'm scum reading TH either.
What changed your mind? Because your posts yesterday seemed to find me quite suspicious.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Catching up. I have a list of day 2/3 I have to reply to so bear with me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also, I thought saying I wanted to duel would get more heat then it did but it's like it went unnoticed.
Why did you want to get heat?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
Glorfindel is illogical as fuck and I've caught myself lynching him for that when he was just being a clueless townie.

Your post makes sense but I'm not sure if it's possible to read Glorf by evaluating his posts as nonsensical. He is nonsensical by default.

I like Lorab's point about him better though. It is more logical and not something Glorf could escape from. I think. :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@ Sorsha, my mind changed a little, I guess. But my suspicion of you was never enough to earn you a vote outright. I was more disappointed that I didn't end up using my votes against the people I felt most strongly about. I'll probably do that differently today, and barring some huge slip from you, that should mean other people.

I would still like for you to address as many things as you can, including the things I pointed out yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
Nutella has been feeling fake since day 1, tbh.

I liked her defense when called out on that, but the fakeness has remained.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

Sorsha wrote:

I'm fine with dueling again but whatever Eloh's implication meant it's not about me being bad. At least one other player should know that by now though.

If I had been around yesterday I'd have voted for myself and probably inh again.
Just curious, Sorsha, Why would you have voted yourself?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:My Luffy ISO is coming along but with the site the way it is i don't think I have the patience to go back and forth quoting posts. I might just refer to things as post 1,2 etc and people can just follow along in another tab.
Just make a general thoughts post. It's not like I made a full iso for you either.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
Glorfindel is illogical as fuck and I've caught myself lynching him for that when he was just being a clueless townie.

Your post makes sense but I'm not sure if it's possible to read Glorf by evaluating his posts as nonsensical. He is nonsensical by default.

I like Lorab's point about him better though. It is more logical and not something Glorf could escape from. I think. :noble:
What is your Gun To Head read of Glorfindel right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh nvm he already made the iso.

@Sloonei

Bad. But not one of my top ones.

If you give me more time I'll be able to finish catching up and post everything that is in my mind.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So during the Night I caught up, well I skimmed a lot, but yeah. I'm pretty much current. Unfortunately this weekend is going to leave me pretty much no extra time. Thankfully we are done moving into our a new apartment by Tuesday so I'm hoping to be more active thereafter.

I want to duel this time. And I should have stuck with my evaluation of Nutella from before; she is giving me bad vibes and I think she's latching onto easy targets again today. Not letting her off the hook. :srsnod:

I want to take her down. Nutella vs MP!!!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Quin

I said role instead of MP himself because at that point he was about yo get replaced.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Aren't you afraid you will lose and that will be that, MP?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Honestly the fact JJJ is such an active civ is one reason for me to put him on my "do not trust" list, not the opposite.

Specially sice I've seen him admit he tries hard to make his baddie meta as civ-looking as possible.
I'm not sure I really understand your point. I think most people are voting JJJ because: #1) He is a thorough player and #2) He is an active player and we know he won't flake on us a few days in.

And, don't we ALL try to make our baddie meta as "civ-looking" as possible? I've never known anyone to get a baddie role and try to look bad...well, except maybe MovingPictures that one time :p
Not exactly. We want our bad metas to look like our civ metas, but a lot of us have civ metas not as thorough or pro-active as they can be, so the baddie counterpart to those metas are easier to make. We don't look that good all the time, so when we actually are bad, people don't detect it that easily.

But Jay? Like you said, he is the perfect civ. He is the town leader, the pro-active guy, the king of TL;DRs. And he tries to make his baddie meta look exactly like that (Ive never seen it myself, but he has described it that way). And that makes him a more dangerous baddie than most. Its harder to pull that metaboff successfully, but if he does it, we have a problem.

So I tend to be paranoid and avoid easily trustingnplayers like him. A good parallel to that is Marco from my forum, who plays a similar way.
This post makes me uneasy. His paranoia about Jay is bordering on malicious, almost. It gives the impression that he's trying to sow paranoia more than he's trying to provoke level-headedness.

Hey DDL, what was your read on Jay during his time in the game?
Started neutral, went to slightly civ later on as he helped lynch MM and such, but I tried hard not to see him as a top civ because people like him (extremely hard to read players) should never be seen as a top civ. It is a rule that I have been following for some time that tends to produce good results.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

OK, I'm beginning to get the sense that people volunteering for duels are doing so in the belief they will win.

MP is being a suicidal moron. Therefore, town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:People are focusing too much on the nanman and forgetting web have a second mafia to deal with. And a cult. And a serial killer.
DDL's last post. I don't mind the nudge for people to stay focused. I'm not sure I saw any strong levels of concentration on one baddie team to another, but like I've said a few times, that's hardly something that has been on my mind at all so I could simply be oblivious.

I do not like the silence since this post. At this point it's probably Life things, but some sort of comment on something would be nice. I trust that he'll be back with plenty to say soon.
I've seen Rico calling me out on that too and it's annoying. I have a job, and due to the magic of timezones, I get out from it right before the phase is over. During work, I can grab my phone sometimes and make some quick thoughts, but catching up or making big, complex posts is not possible. My boss sits right by my side and my CEO is about 4 meters away (it's a small office).

Because I know catching up after work will be humanly impossible, I make a point to make my votes right before going to sleep in the night before the phase end.

I didn't have a job last time I played a game in this site so don't bother comparing me to that. The standard is this now and it's not changing anytime soon.

Please don't question my posting times again. I am now going to ignore anyone who does that.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

@DDL - I know what you mean. In this game I'm setting out to see how people react to a me that doesn't fit at all with their expectations. It's interesting.

MP, you'll get my vote if you really want it, today. However, I still don't necessarily agree with you on nutella. Why should I agree with you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hello Glorfindel, I wrote a post about you

Indeed you did, my friend. It was addressed (rather obvious;y to every other player in this game) not to me. I expressed an opinion to explain what I thought was (in a game this size) the rather odd occurrence of there being no NK Night 1. Others expressed their views and I accept the validity of them. As I said earlier, I may very well have been naive in my assumption but from my perspective, in a game of 38 players, I should think that equally, the odds of both NKs being negated through role blocks, etc would be pretty long. Again, it's just an opinion.
It certainly is an opinion, but I can't dismiss the point entirely on the fact of your opinion. So much of this game is built around forming opinions of things, and my opinion is that this particular opinion you expressed gives the impression of something dishonest. It is not unreasonable to entertain the thought that all potential scum killers could have simply neglected their duties, but to jump to that conclusion as strongly and as swiftly as you did seems like quite a leap. It seems like you were trying to work a specific angle or spread an agenda, or avoid something else.
Please elaborate my friend on precisely what "specific angle" I was working or what agenda I was trying to spread or what it was I was intending to avoid by making the comment that I did. For what it's worth, given the number of absent and semi absent players in this game, I don't know that it is necessarily that long a bow to draw. In any case, if you consider that sufficient grounds to suspect me, it looks like the Mafia teams will have an easy ride of it this game.
I dont like the tone of the last sentence. Making threats to civilians as a whole is usually a bad sign in my book.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also I feel like I want to vote for TH, but cant find any rational reason for it. Something about him feels wrong though.
"Something about him feels wrong". I never ever like that justification. It means literally nothing and opens up the door for baseless accusation. Totally insubstantial claim posing as substance.
Here is the thing: my motto in those games is that I always say what I think regardless of whether I can do it while looking like a civ or not. In this case, I was having a bad feeling about TH while reading his posts, but couldn't be arsed to ISO him, so I said what I thought anyway in hopes somebody would do the hard work for me.

For that matter, TH feels slightly like a civ as of his recent posts though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Posing as substance is not what I normally do. I can give zero shits about whether my posts like substantial or not, I just throw everything into the fan and see what happens.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also that red light thing hurts my eyes so I edited it out.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey DDL, do you think most of the the people who are mafia are laying low or are they being active or... Are they in that sweet middle area flying under the radar?
I'd argue it's a little of each, considering statistics. There should be mafia laying low AND mafia being active. Probably.

And that is a fancy way of saying I have no idea.

I made that exercise because at the start of d3 I just felt like my suspicions were either a rehash of what I was thinking before (Russ) or a parroting of other people (Timmer) so I decided to defy that and force myself to pursue new angles. And invite other people to do the same, because why not?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nerolunar wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:Boomslang, does a careless player mean an evil player that needs to be kept on the other side of the wall?
I'd say a careless player needs to be carefully vetted until we can figure out what's going on :goofp: Case in point is Nerolunar. "I guess you could say I am guilty of saying the same thing, which I kind of am :shrug: Ugh. I am a goddamn hypocrite." I really don't like this defense. If you're calling your own behavior out as shady, you're asking us to trust your civility on nothing but your word. I agree with the punishment of BWT's self-voting, but that's about it.
That's not what I meant. I am a hypocrite because I voted timmer because of reasons(not being able to understand the game and the different arguments being thrown around) I exhibit myself. It wasn't really a "defense" more like an elaboration of my previous vote. I don't think I am acting "shady" - more the opposite by doubting my own point of view about things. If you disagree, let me know. I think you reached a little here with your interpretation.
But you still made the vote, and you still say that you didn't make it for good reasons. If we can't trust you to make informed, useful votes, how can we trust that you're working the best interests of the town?
In retrospect, no, my vote was poorly made. I know that, but nobody makes completely rational and utilitarian choices all the time, whether it is town or not. I am in no way proud of my scumhunting abilities(again, see transistor) and I have never been. I suck, I really do. But I also try to improve, especially as a civilian because thats the alignment I am worst at.

I value transparency more than anything, and being able to question or criticise my own previous line of thoughts is what ultimately will help me improve and learn from my mistakes. I don't want to cruise along faking false confidence just for the sake of appearing linear or composed.

With that said, lynch me if you want. I trust the dice.
This post makes me feel better about Nero. He is playing the game in a way similar to how I like to play myself.

And the post in the quote makes me feel worse about Boomslang. It looks like he is imposing standards to Nero that are not necessarily alignment indicative. I'd love if every player was as rational and informed as possible, but the real world doesn't work that way and I think Booms's view comes across as too naive.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Golden wrote:I really don't think Russ makes sense. MM's vote for Russ, that's where it's at.

I really didn't think Timmer made sense either. I read his iso. When I voted, it felt like Timmer could survive. I think I need to look back at how those later votes came in. It's possible some were to save sorsha or TH.

I think people are finding some behaviours that are quite normal from people to be bad.

I also was going to come in today saying I found rico bad (after all his analysis, his votes weren't good), but then he got NKed so... I guess not.
I agree with you about TImmer, but I'm not quite sure where to draw the line for a possible Sorsha save. I'd say the turning point is probably vote 35; Mac voted Timmer to put him up 7 vs. 5, possibly in response to Russ's Sorsha vote. Ninja voted Timmer and TH, then Rico on vote 42 (and he's excused). DP and DFaraday might be worth minor looks as the people who put the final votes in Timmer's coffin
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I want to duel this time. And I should have stuck with my evaluation of Nutella from before; she is giving me bad vibes and I think she's latching onto easy targets again today. Not letting her off the hook. :srsnod:

I want to take her down. Nutella vs MP!!!
Dammit MP, y u do this? Are you tacitly laying claim to some sort of advantage that will put you over the edge in this fight? What makes you so confident?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ricochet wrote:If the general feel is to make out of Day 3 a test lynch, I could go with pitting TH and Caps.

Otherwise, I find that nominating TH strictly for WIFOM is a slight gamble (then again, about as much as pinning MM was, for the same reason) and nominating Caps for his lynch-me posts is a big gamble - seriously, Caps, do NOT express resignation if you are civilian, we are not the kind to prioritise "clean-up lynch" as a mindset and it would be detrimental to our hunt.

If sig will post by the end of the day (which he should, unless he's incapacitated), then nominating TH would be a gamble for rolling Turban or indy, because otherwise it'd make little sense for him to be Nanman if he was incapacitated - and I really see no better targets, among active players.

Off the top of my head, I'd pursue a timmer lynch right now: his vote, his DIY-like rebuttal which left me pretty meh, his possible connection via MM's own vote tactic. I don't know if I have clear second choice yet. I should still revisit players that are read baddie, like DFaraday (since Dom insists) or Boomslang (since DDL has a particular badread on him).
Next item in my list (yes I have a list): I found this post to be slightly pingy in retrospect. He evaluates all the current bandwagons, shuts them down one by one, and then ultimately lands on Timmer. The post itself doesn't come across as insincere or manipulative, but in light of Timmer's lynch I can't not suspect it.

Rico is dead though so meh. But maybe this could mean something about the people mentioned in this post (and yes this totally contradicts what I just said about TH but whatever, I'm as clueless as the rest of you)
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Thanks for revisiting that Rico post, DDL. Since he's dead, I'm gonna do the look at DFaraday that he mentioned. Which is pretty easy, considering the dude only has 12 posts.

Early game is unremarkable. Nominates prefects for RP reasons, then dislikes duel volunteers but thinks they indicate player personality rather than alignment. In Day 1, sets up a little antagonism with Dom over his posting gimmick; notably, he also casts shade on Sorsha, then drops it in favor of MM. Day 2 continues the Dom fight, saying he's flip-flopping over Bass. Really, Dom continues to be his white whale for the rest of the thread. Launches a Timmer reaction on Day 3, and we see how that turned out.

So really, we don't have much to go on. The hyperfocus on Dom reads ever so slightly bad, as it gives him an excuse to not evaluate other cases if he knows they'd be for teammates. He did mention Sorsha early, though, so I'm curious: What's your current read on Sorsha, DFaraday?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Last, but not least, we have this series of posts by our favorite sock friend. I only noticed it during Night 3 but it's never too late.
MovingPictures07 wrote:/rant
timmer wrote:Added some votes to the people wit votes. No time to figure things out just yet.
OK, I'm triggered, timmer. This may be the worst possible thing you can do if you're behind. Even BWT's method of self-voting, while meaningless and 100% guaranteed to get a civilian if he were to be lynched and assuming he's self-voting as a civilian (instead of 'randomizing' and potentially catching a baddie), all you're doing is creating a barrier to other players contributing meaningful alternative suspects and making it easier for other players to come in and, without discussion or adding input, do the same thing you just did, making those players effectively unreadable and the game more difficult to solve.

I understand being busy. Trust me. I'm sleeping like an average of 2-4 hours a night, if I'm lucky to get sleep, and working almost non-stop otherwise when I'm not here, eating, or cruising Facebook/politics news occasionally. But you would be better off abstaining or even voting yourself or 'randomizing' (both of which I despise as d1 tactics, by the way, let alone as d2+) than doing this.

I want a CFD and I think timmer might be a good candidate just for this attitude alone. I realize it could be a seriously behind and apathetic civilian attitude, but this is aggravating and I don't like the three major candidates.
MovingPictures07 wrote:For folks who played Transistor when zebra was acting "weird", ignoring people's requests for elaborating upon her actions, and talking like a cheerleader or something, Dom is that this game. This is a BS lynch.

Who's here? Someone get a CFD going with me. I haven't finished catching up yet, but at this point I'm thinking DFaraday and timmer, the latter due to what I posted above and DF because I think he looks the most potentially opportunistic of the people who have already voted Dom, MM, and Russ to me. That said, I'd be cool with anyone who's absent or mostly absent since it seems this will be a continuing problem. Almost anyone but the three people with the most votes, frankly.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'VE CAUGHT UP. :yay:

Now I need to go back to work. I'll be back in time to cast my votes and talk some more. I'd like to start a CFD on any of the following players (in order of most preferred to least):
1. nutella
2. timmer
3. Dunny / Jan
4. Inactives (rabbit8, Soneji)
5. Somewhat inactives (BWT, CapsFan DP, INH, leetic nijuu, Spacedaisy, S~V~S)

I'd rather hear back from Mac before considering him today, since the rest of his post history and content seems good, and I realize I may be coming at it from a biased viewpoint since my beef is only with his treatment of me specifically as much as I try to get away from that.

And those inactives / somewhat inactives are off my memory, I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't remember any posts from inactives and remember at least one post from the somewhats, even if it lacked content.

Linki w/ Turnip Head: Can you elaborate on Dom / nutella / timmer and MM being connected / sig (case maybe? :grin:)? Thanks!
Did you spot MP's defense of Marmot? Me neither, because it's not there. But what is there is a constant and almost desperate-looking pushing for a CFD.

A CFD, for people who do not know, is a strategy (which I personally despise) that consists in a collective effort to turn the lynch into another player during the last few moments of the day. In theory, it will destroy any organized attempt by the mafias to control the lynch.

Anyway, MM and Russ were leading the wagon at the end of day 2, and MP tried hard to make a CFD happen. Thankfully people didn't listen to him, and the marmot was hanged. But now I think this CFD push looks incredibly suspicious. Specially since it lets MP avoid openly defending MM and Russ, and attempt to change the lynch in a more "impersonal" way.

I am itching to take MP's request and vote for him. Probably with one of Russ, Nutella, Boomslang and Glorfindel.

And now I am finally caught up. Thanks for ypur patience.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

DDL, you're suspicious. You're manipulating my content right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I didn't defend MM, but, along with expressing my thoughts on Dom and Russ, I did comment on the situation, and explain thereafter multiple times that I didn't think he was worthy of a vote. I saw nothing there.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p296153
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p296155

etc.

Just read my ISO. If you're going to suspect me for my treatment of MM, that's one thing, and totally understandable. But at least don't throw out misinformation. I called for the CFD primarily because I felt strongly about timmer AND nutella, and I didn't at all feel strongly about any of MM, Russ, or Dom. I hard defended Dom, I soft defended Russ, and I saw nothing alignment indicative in MM.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I said this earlier in this game, but, anyone who played Turf Wars should know that the civilians can uncover a baddie early on in the game and then derail the entire rest of the game by overanalyzing and coming to false conclusions. They continuously went after people who had strong stances on the CFD that doomed RadicalFuzz. But all 4 of his teammates weren't there for any of the CFD discussion and some of them even missed the vote.

But go ahead though, DDL, vote for me. I want to duel anyway. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I've had other things to say to people too that I just haven't had the chance to say due to it being Night yesterday and due to being busy. Sorry for forgetting to address this stuff. Rico, I think Boomslang is civilian largely due to gut/tone reads but I'm liking his activity, I also agreed with JJJ's assessment of Boomslang's mechanics proposal, and in his subsequent behavior I've seen genuine attempts to solve the game.

I'll throw up a rainbow at some point, but I shouldn't even be here right now, so I'm leaving again.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella and Sorsha are civ reads for me right now just based on tone. I feel okay about DDL and Glorfy too.

CapsFan is someone I want to look into more. Mac hasn't gotten any heat and consequently he's been a bit under the radar, so I want to read through all his posts at some point. Elohcin remains a question mark. I think she tends to pay attention to me in games, I think she likes to figure out my alignment. She said nothing about me when she voted for me yesterday, so that makes me a little concerned about her. I feel like she would want to elaborate on her read of me but she specifically didn't do that.

And then there's a big chunk of players that I have no read on because they haven't said much. If you're a civvie and you fall under this category, your silence will probably hurt us in the long run. Please step up whenever you get a chance to do so, give us something to work with.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Folks, I am a busy man and some things got in the way. I am here now to kick some @$$.
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Why?
I dunno, just does. Is it?

Hey Dom, do you still have concerns about DFaraday?
DFaraday is the lowest of the low. Get him out!
MovingPictures07 wrote:
But go ahead though, DDL, vote for me. I want to duel anyway. :beer:
I am getting nervous here, people. People have written that those who want to duel are a bit strange in their intentions and dismissive and just not trustworthy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@MP

I admit I missed your defense of MM (screw ISOs) but I dont't think that changes my point much. The matter is that you pushed strongly for a CFD during the phase where the bad guy was lynched, and you did in a way that focused more on the CFD itself than the people you were outright saved (which I guess...you did mention... once, in the middle of your long series of TL;DRs that nobody actually read?) I think that could be a viable baddie strategy that you attempted. Your defense of MM wasn't noticeable, your continuous effort to change the result of day 2 was.

And I am not spreading misinformation, because I am spreading no information whatsoever. I am quoting posts from you and interpreting them however I can. If K am wrong, I will only know after your alignment flips. Until then, I can only guess the truth and hope I am right.

Finally, OMGUS is unlike you. Usually when I accuse you and you are a civ, you calmly defend yourself and try to understand where I am coming from. You act humble. You may even get distressed and desperate, but you don't throw shit back at your accuser. This time I made one post accusing you and you jumped into No U. I think I feel a certain tone of sarcasm from you, even. Maybe this is what bad MP looks like?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sloonei wrote:@ Sorsha, my mind changed a little, I guess. But my suspicion of you was never enough to earn you a vote outright. I was more disappointed that I didn't end up using my votes against the people I felt most strongly about. I'll probably do that differently today, and barring some huge slip from you, that should mean other people.

I would still like for you to address as many things as you can, including the things I pointed out yesterday.
Please tell me what I haven't already addressed from yesterday day in the post I made above.

I see you called my own suspicion against inh baseless but if I had a reason for it how is it baseless?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I'm fine with dueling again but whatever Eloh's implication meant it's not about me being bad. At least one other player should know that by now though.

If I had been around yesterday I'd have voted for myself and probably inh again.
Default for not having a strong second suspicion
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

When I was going over Glofindels posts early this morning (I admit I was only going over the ones that were about me) the theory that he was forming about Dom and I reminded me of how Matt does his tinfoil-tunneling, making connections that make sense to him but aren't true.

I wasn't really getting the sense that Glorf was bad for it though. Again, I only read his posts about me so far.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sorsha wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Default for not having a strong second suspicion
And you're not afraid to lose? Wouldn't you rather vote a very low poster instead?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Diao Chan wrote:你好朋友
誰今天我們殺
So, uh, are we going to talk about this?
Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Frustrated, perhaps. Every game I play here, despite how hard I try I inevitably end up being falsely accused for reasons that range from the spurious to the ridiculous (and if you don't believe me, go back and read Matt's Two-Face accusation of me - it's typical). I understand that you may find my reaction in this regard suspicious but as you say, you're not familiar with my play style and I'll admit I'm probably somewhat 'unique' :haha:

Why do I think you're Town? I didn't say this previously but I was disappointed to lose 3J from this game. His posts were (as usual) masterpieces of analysis and interrogation and that's what I want to try to emulate. Consequently, I have little doubt that he was Town. When he got eliminated, I thought we'd lost that but then we got you and Ricochet that have kept the conversations going (clearly not a Mafia agenda). I see some logic to some of your conclusions (clearly not at least one...) and you are clearly an asset to us. I find some of your conclusions aligning to those I've reached so obviously that helps to.
Every game everyone plays many people get falsely suspected. If that weren't the case, there wouldn't be much of a game.

And I would like clarification. Your theory upon seeing no kill after the first night was that 2 entire mafia teams did not show up at all on night 1--not a single member--to send in the team's kill? Can you explain why you thought that was the most plausible explanation?

Also, have you ever seen that happen? Where no one from 2 different mafia teams showed up, on night 1? I'm pretty sure I haven't. So, if it happens regularly in games I'm not playing in, or on other sites, then please enlighten me.

And now that we know that this wasn't the case for at least 1 of the mafia teams, since we've lynched 2 people on those teams, why are you still actively advocating for the lynching of low posters?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lorab is playing the same way as in Watchmen, where she was twn. I like it.

Btw, since you guys were wondering, that's the game she played with Sloonei. I remember because I helped lynch you both :beer

Return to “Previous Jobs”