Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 5]

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Quin wrote:Reading back, I notice that 3J pretty vehemently opposed my case against MP. He even declared MP one of his top town reads at one point.

I'm coming around to the idea that 3J may have been bad. Would anyone care to pursue this avenue with me?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that CapsFan and MP both voted jjj for prefect. What is there to pursue though? He's already dead...
Scenario: We've lynched all but one of a team's baddie, (let's use yellow turbans because that probably resonates most with MP's flip). We spend a number of phases linking interactions between members of the yellow turbans to scumhunt without realising that the nanmans killed the last member three nights ago.

Plainly, it's of benefit to us to have an idea of the identity of any baddies that have been killed by the other team so we can avoid wasting lynches on an already dead baddie team. Of course, we shouldn't operate under the assumption that this is the case, but ..yeah.
Oh, okay.. I thought we would be told when one team was eliminated so I was just thinking of seeing how Caps flips so I didn't think we would still be trying to hunt Yellow Turbans after being told they were all dead. :p
TheCapsFan wrote:Apologies once again for the second bout of inactivity. Just climbed my way out of the Tartarus that is summer assignments. Senior year. Four AP classes. Lots of work. Yada yada yada.
Sorsha wrote:I'd like to say I find it notable that MovingPictures and TheCapsFan both voted for each other to be prefects. (and they both also voted for jjj :ponder: )

I'll likely be voting for CapsFan today since I think he voted for one of his teammates in the prefect poll.
I'm town. How could I have known that MP was bad? I voted for two people that I've played with before, once. I didn't (and still don't) know what "prefect" even was.
Oh right, of course, my bad. :rolleyes: I believe that some other players have brought up suspicions of you yesterday, you could probably address those if you want to change our minds.
I didn't think about whether it would be announced. :shrug:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I quoted the wrong post :rolleyes:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Took a quick glance at the vote patterns, because I like those, and I could definitely see JJJ as scum.

I'd like to put up a case against Disgruntled Porcupines. The original reason I was drawn to him was because his vote on me was the scummiest.
- Has posted like twice all game, both just saying who he votes for, with no reasoning.
- Day 2, he votes for Russetfinko (alongside MM and JJJ) and timmer, who we know to be town (alongside MP and JJJ once again).
- Day 3, he votes for me and timmer again (alongside MP)
- Always one of the last to vote, and only against people with substantial amounts of votes to their name
TheCapsFan

Post by TheCapsFan »

Sorsha wrote:I'm town. How could I have known that MP was bad? I voted for two people that I've played with before, once. I didn't (and still don't) know what "prefect" even was.
Oh right, of course, my bad. :rolleyes: I believe that some other players have brought up suspicions of you yesterday, you could probably address those if you want to change our minds.[/quote]

Most of that is just "he's inactive" and "he's weird." The former I've already addressed. As for the latter...well we all can't be perfect, I suppose.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Reading back, I notice that 3J pretty vehemently opposed my case against MP. He even declared MP one of his top town reads at one point.

I'm coming around to the idea that 3J may have been bad. Would anyone care to pursue this avenue with me?
I also feel as though there is a decent shot Jay was yellow turban. I never trusted him in this game. Didn't trust his self vote for prefect, didn't trust him backing MP's push on nutella...

BUT... playing both sides here... would Jay have been so overt in his support of MP if they were two of a three person team? I feel like thats such a small team that you might need to hide your links more.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis- Will you announce when a team has been eliminated?

linki- It's ok to be weird Caps, it's not ok to be a Yellow Turban (or a Nanman) :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TheCapsFan wrote:Took a quick glance at the vote patterns, because I like those, and I could definitely see JJJ as scum.

I'd like to put up a case against Disgruntled Porcupines. The original reason I was drawn to him was because his vote on me was the scummiest.
- Has posted like twice all game, both just saying who he votes for, with no reasoning.
- Day 2, he votes for Russetfinko (alongside MM and JJJ) and timmer, who we know to be town (alongside MP and JJJ once again).
- Always one of the last to vote, and only against people with substantial amounts of votes to their name
DP is definitely one of those on my radar for a vote. His lack of posting is normal, but his choice of votes could be meaningful. I feel pretty good about Russti being town.
TheCapsFan

Post by TheCapsFan »

Fairly confident nutella is town at this point.

In that case, Sorsha, you have nothing to worry about, because I'm civ.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

TheCapsFan wrote:Took a quick glance at the vote patterns, because I like those, and I could definitely see JJJ as scum.

Good shout. I think yesterday my vote went there based more on a 'You're not being helpful and therefore you've got absolutely no civ cred' angle, but you've looked into it more and given me an actual case to look at.

At the very least, you're sitting higher than DP on my rainbow list.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:Epignosis- Will you announce when a team has been eliminated?
I never do that. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Then how does anyone ever know when the game is over?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
:fist:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TheCapsFan

Post by TheCapsFan »

Gotta get some sleep. Will try to at least look over the thread in the morning.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
When the killing stops?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:

I also feel as though there is a decent shot Jay was yellow turban. I never trusted him in this game. Didn't trust his self vote for prefect, didn't trust him backing MP's push on nutella...

BUT... playing both sides here... would Jay have been so overt in his support of MP if they were two of a three person team? I feel like thats such a small team that you might need to hide your links more.
When reading up on some of his posts, I did find this, and while I'm only like 0.01% sure it actually means anything, I wanted to bring it up anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I mean I agree one is easy and one isn't but I feel like a good mafia player would push for the civ against mafia option.
"Good" is a relative term. I know which side I'd be taking if I was a bad guy and it's not that one. To make that proposal (Boomslang's proposal) draws attention to oneself, because it is atypical and it places a civilian read at risk. This at face value sounds problematic, even if there is a perfectly valid rationale for the idea under the surface.

The single most frequent signal that a player is bad is that they aren't thinking critically -- they are taking the surface-most interpretation of posts and basing all of their reads on that. They think in fewer levels of complexity than townies, not because they're dumber but because they already know more about the game than townies know.

If I'm bad in this game, I'm quite content to suggest we pit suspects against each other knowing full well that town's ability to actually determine who should be called "suspects" is inherently flawed. I'd also be confident that there wouldn't be a townie out there telling everyone their initial perspective might be backwards like I'm doing now. :p
I've never seen 3J pull the 'When I'm bad I would...' card before. I'm really only focussing in on this because recently in games this sort of thing has been done by people who turned out to be bad, so I wonder if it's a common trait among baddies.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've used phrases like that when town before, although I'd usually phrase it as 'if I were bad..' I'm not sure... I wonder how often Jimmy uses it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I see that things have happened. I will assess and comment on these things in the morning.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

This is decent I guess.

Unsure how I feel about CapsFan right now but I could see him and JJJ being MP's teammates I guess.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:

This is decent I guess.

Unsure how I feel about CapsFan right now but I could see him and JJJ being MP's teammates I guess.
Me too I guess.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

This MP thing was the weirdest lynch I've ever seen in this site.

Am I the only one who thinks this may have benefitted the YTs in some way? With abilities and such? Otherwise I can't see why MP would betray his temataes like that. Unless he was really the only active member so he called it quits.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Speculation: MP wanted to take Nutella down for some specific reason, and believed he could do it. He wasn't really offering to have a go at russti, he wanted to be voted specifically up against nutella.

Secondary speculation: MP, being a suicidal moron, sometimes does things that seem good in the moment but less good when it all shakes out. Something I can relate to completely (*cough* champs finale *cough*).

Tertiary speculation: MP really genuinely believed that taking down nutella would make him look good.

I did literally laugh out loud when I figured out MP was bad. It was pretty funny.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

No one else seems all that interested so - looking at MP's ISO:

Day 0:
0.1 He votes for TheCapsFan and 3J for Prefect after TheCapsFan votes for him.
0.2 He makes (for the first time a reference to the players who are yet to check in)
0.3 Makes a light-hearted throw away line at Dom's campaign for Prefect
0.4 Responds to a remark by 3J about his voting for himself for Prefect
0.5 Remarks that my selection process for voting Scotty and 3J for prefect is not logical and admits that neither is anyone else's approach and also asks DDL for opinions of suspicious Day 0 activity.

0.6 Questions 3J's response to 0.4
0.7 Thinly veiled accusation to 3J of lack of transparency on Day 0 reads and then appears to accept 3J's explanation
0.8 Queries Quin on why he is not interested in his (MP's) interactions with 3J after he (Quin) expressed curiosity at the dialogue between TH and 3J.
0.9 Quin responds to MP saying that he already "agreed with his sentiments" to which MP responds to Quin with :beer:

Day 1:
1.1 Invites general discussion around the game's duel mechanic
1.2 Despite critisizing 3J for making early GTH reads in 0.7, MP throws out his own list of 'tentative' Town reads (Boomslang, DDL, 3J, Quin and Turnip Head).
1.3 MP makes his second reference to players that had not checked in - naming (Buubles, DisgruntledPorcupine, LoRab, Rabbit, Soneji and S-V-S)
1.4 Quin objects to MP saying that he hadn't sufficient posts to have earnt a Town read.
1.5 Gets aggro at Mac for criticising his Town reads and then attempts a justification on them in response to 3J's request.
1.5.1 Praises Boomslang for his Day 1 activity and engagement (consisting of opinions around strategy for selecting players to duel).
1.5.2 Gives credit to DDL for a couple of posts (of which the links don't work for me).
1.5.3 Says that he tried to get a feel for 3J and found his response 'genuine' and that hadn't seen anything 'questionable' or 'alarming' in terms of 3J's contributions.
1.5.4 Briefly says that he likes Quin's questioning of TH (refer 0.8) and
1.5.5 Nominates three of TH's posts that demonstrate 'critical thinking'.

1.6 In a response to Bass claims to have suspected 3J but then exhonerated him based on his responses.
1.7 Gets upset at MacDougall for his accusations based on his lack of activity.
1.8 The reconciliation.

Day 2:
2.1 In response to a post by DDL where he suggests that MP is angrier than normal and considers whether it was alignment indicative, 3J summarises MP RL dilemmas and states that he's "fine with MP right now."
2.2 Apologises for his behaviour
2.3 Questions Nerolunar as to whether he followed up his suspicions on MP over his GTH reads with a vote (he didn't).
2.4 3J claims MP as his top Town read based on his interpretation of MP's RL circumstances. Quin agrees and accuses MP of buddying to which MP responds with a request for an explanation.
2.5 MacDougall accuses MP of buddying up to his GTH reads and suggests (I think) that MP's behaviour was manipulative. MP responds with a reasonably calm rebuttal claiming to doubt Mac's sincerity.

2.6 In response to a post by Sig expressing interest in his accusation at Mac, MP replies with a battery of questions as to what Sig means.
2.7 Quin states he'll vote for MP (He actually voted MM and Dom) to which MP indicates confirms his 'Town cred' slightly more.
2.8 Queries why Dom, MM and Russ are attracting votes.
2.9 Claims not to understand Sorsha's suggested approach of voting for Prefects
2.10 Makes some comments to 3J about the case against Russ.

2.11 'Digs' 3J's case on Russ and dismisses the case on MM based on his WIFOM with Wilgy.
2.12 Notices that Dom is "throwing around a lot of suspicion (DF, 3J, Bass) ... But doing so in a fairly assertive manner... On the basis of little, dubious or non existent content" but claims that behaviour is not in itself inherently suspicious for Dom.
2.13 Not five minutes later, MP blows up at timmer for making random votes on Russ and Dom and wants a CFD where he wants to vote for timmer (and continues to pursue timmer until he is removed at EoD 3).
2.14 MP challenges DF on his suspicions of Dom and proceeds with a fairly strenuous defence of Dom.
2.15 Starts an active campaign against Nutella

2.16 At the end of the Day he makes a post nominating Dom and Boomslang as his 'TOP civilian reads'

My observations:
People have made some suggestions so far this Day phase to the effect that 3J may have been one of MP's partners in crime. I personally don't support that view. I believe (again, perhaps naively) that MPs behaviour was genuine and came from a place of frustration. I think from reading the tone of their interactions, 3J was cutting MP some slack as a consequence of his circumstances and in 3J's case at least, he fell for the opportunity that MP took to buddy up to him.

I think MP may have included at least one of his team mates on that list however and I didn't get the same vibe of sincerity from all of them as I did with 3J.

If you look at MP's list of absent players (refer: 1.3 above) do you notice anything unusual? It appears to me (so far) to be the list of the Yellow Turban's NKs in reverse order. Where else have you seen those two names together?

I'm concerned by MP's relationship with Dom this game. I find it odd that MP started off casting doubt on him (refer 2.12 above) and so swiftly turns apparently making him a catalyst for his campaign against timmer and then ended defending Dom so adamantly.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:This MP thing was the weirdest lynch I've ever seen in this site.

Am I the only one who thinks this may have benefitted the YTs in some way? With abilities and such? Otherwise I can't see why MP would betray his temataes like that. Unless he was really the only active member so he called it quits.
Can you please explain what you meant by that DDL? How do you think MP betrayed his team mates? I don't think he necessarily really expected to be a candidate to duel. He was Strategist class after all and given they make up such a small proportion of the populace of this game (i.e. 18% at the start of this game) that four-sided die of his meant his odds were never going to be particularly good. Also, Soneji died last night at the hands of the Yellow Turbans so there's still at least one running around :shrug:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I am happy that I finally managed to read MP as bad successfully though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel, that's some really good work going on there.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorf, will answer it later.

Also someone please analyse MP's Cfd attempt closer.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:No one else seems all that interested so - looking at MP's ISO:

Day 0:
0.1 He votes for TheCapsFan and 3J for Prefect after TheCapsFan votes for him.
0.2 He makes (for the first time a reference to the players who are yet to check in)
0.3 Makes a light-hearted throw away line at Dom's campaign for Prefect
0.4 Responds to a remark by 3J about his voting for himself for Prefect
0.5 Remarks that my selection process for voting Scotty and 3J for prefect is not logical and admits that neither is anyone else's approach and also asks DDL for opinions of suspicious Day 0 activity.

0.6 Questions 3J's response to 0.4
0.7 Thinly veiled accusation to 3J of lack of transparency on Day 0 reads and then appears to accept 3J's explanation
0.8 Queries Quin on why he is not interested in his (MP's) interactions with 3J after he (Quin) expressed curiosity at the dialogue between TH and 3J.
0.9 Quin responds to MP saying that he already "agreed with his sentiments" to which MP responds to Quin with :beer:

Day 1:
1.1 Invites general discussion around the game's duel mechanic
1.2 Despite critisizing 3J for making early GTH reads in 0.7, MP throws out his own list of 'tentative' Town reads (Boomslang, DDL, 3J, Quin and Turnip Head).
1.3 MP makes his second reference to players that had not checked in - naming (Buubles, DisgruntledPorcupine, LoRab, Rabbit, Soneji and S-V-S)
1.4 Quin objects to MP saying that he hadn't sufficient posts to have earnt a Town read.
1.5 Gets aggro at Mac for criticising his Town reads and then attempts a justification on them in response to 3J's request.
1.5.1 Praises Boomslang for his Day 1 activity and engagement (consisting of opinions around strategy for selecting players to duel).
1.5.2 Gives credit to DDL for a couple of posts (of which the links don't work for me).
1.5.3 Says that he tried to get a feel for 3J and found his response 'genuine' and that hadn't seen anything 'questionable' or 'alarming' in terms of 3J's contributions.
1.5.4 Briefly says that he likes Quin's questioning of TH (refer 0.8) and
1.5.5 Nominates three of TH's posts that demonstrate 'critical thinking'.

1.6 In a response to Bass claims to have suspected 3J but then exhonerated him based on his responses.
1.7 Gets upset at MacDougall for his accusations based on his lack of activity.
1.8 The reconciliation.

Day 2:
2.1 In response to a post by DDL where he suggests that MP is angrier than normal and considers whether it was alignment indicative, 3J summarises MP RL dilemmas and states that he's "fine with MP right now."
2.2 Apologises for his behaviour
2.3 Questions Nerolunar as to whether he followed up his suspicions on MP over his GTH reads with a vote (he didn't).
2.4 3J claims MP as his top Town read based on his interpretation of MP's RL circumstances. Quin agrees and accuses MP of buddying to which MP responds with a request for an explanation.
2.5 MacDougall accuses MP of buddying up to his GTH reads and suggests (I think) that MP's behaviour was manipulative. MP responds with a reasonably calm rebuttal claiming to doubt Mac's sincerity.

2.6 In response to a post by Sig expressing interest in his accusation at Mac, MP replies with a battery of questions as to what Sig means.
2.7 Quin states he'll vote for MP (He actually voted MM and Dom) to which MP indicates confirms his 'Town cred' slightly more.
2.8 Queries why Dom, MM and Russ are attracting votes.
2.9 Claims not to understand Sorsha's suggested approach of voting for Prefects
2.10 Makes some comments to 3J about the case against Russ.

2.11 'Digs' 3J's case on Russ and dismisses the case on MM based on his WIFOM with Wilgy.
2.12 Notices that Dom is "throwing around a lot of suspicion (DF, 3J, Bass) ... But doing so in a fairly assertive manner... On the basis of little, dubious or non existent content" but claims that behaviour is not in itself inherently suspicious for Dom.
2.13 Not five minutes later, MP blows up at timmer for making random votes on Russ and Dom and wants a CFD where he wants to vote for timmer (and continues to pursue timmer until he is removed at EoD 3).
2.14 MP challenges DF on his suspicions of Dom and proceeds with a fairly strenuous defence of Dom.
2.15 Starts an active campaign against Nutella

2.16 At the end of the Day he makes a post nominating Dom and Boomslang as his 'TOP civilian reads'

My observations:
People have made some suggestions so far this Day phase to the effect that 3J may have been one of MP's partners in crime. I personally don't support that view. I believe (again, perhaps naively) that MPs behaviour was genuine and came from a place of frustration. I think from reading the tone of their interactions, 3J was cutting MP some slack as a consequence of his circumstances and in 3J's case at least, he fell for the opportunity that MP took to buddy up to him.

I think MP may have included at least one of his team mates on that list however and I didn't get the same vibe of sincerity from all of them as I did with 3J.

If you look at MP's list of absent players (refer: 1.3 above) do you notice anything unusual? It appears to me (so far) to be the list of the Yellow Turban's NKs in reverse order. Where else have you seen those two names together?

I'm concerned by MP's relationship with Dom this game. I find it odd that MP started off casting doubt on him (refer 2.12 above) and so swiftly turns apparently making him a catalyst for his campaign against timmer and then ended defending Dom so adamantly.
I admit I've only skimmed this (frankly, I'm tired, I'll come back in the morning) but can you elaborate on point 2.7 for me? I've underlined it.

I never said I would vote MP again on Day 2. What I said was:
Quin wrote:I've not entirely excluded MP from my suspicion pool but I don't have anything new to adjust my read yet, and I don't want to tunnel based off of a Day 1 ping. I'll give him more time.

One of my votes will be going to marmot. I find it interesting that he's being defensive against 3J about his counter-productive Wilgy votes, rather than being pro-active and questioning me, who was the one who put that part of the argument together. I don't think he's tried to scum hunt at all since he came under fire.

I'm also voting Dom, based on the ping I got from an earlier post (just ISO me - I also mention the marmot there). He abandoned a discussion about something he thought was so clearly suspicious when prodded.
I do like the effort put in here. From a glance the ISO itself isn't trying to guide me any particular way. :nicenod:

Who do you think MP's teammates are, Glorfindel?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks, Guys :bighug: I haven't been all that successful with my previous games on this site (as you probably know) and I'm told that to be better, I need to try harder to create discussion and analyse things more so that's what I'm trying to do. Your encouragement means a lot so thank you :nicenod:

OK, so with reference to your request Quin, I've quoted the post that I referred to below. I apologise if I misrepresented what you said in any way but reading back, I think I interpreted it correctly? :shrug:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:As far as Day 1 goes, I still do think that MP has come across as the most suspicious to me, so I'll vote there. I'm also going to vote Bubbles, because she's just one of (a few) who haven't checked in yet.

and now I'm off to bed. :srsnod:
You're probably going to be further confounded by this, but I like that you stuck to your guns on this and actually voted for me. Here, have a bump on the rainbow list to slightly darker but still not remotely dark green. :beer:
As for your question about MP's team mates, I think I need to be less tired to answer that... If I can get back to you in morning, if that's OK (we are in the same timezone after all)? Likewise, of all the people that hadn't checked in, why did you nominate Bubbles (she's so nice...) and what's your opinion of her replacement?

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:Thanks, Guys :bighug: I haven't been all that successful with my previous games on this site (as you probably know) and I'm told that to be better, I need to try harder to create discussion and analyse things more so that's what I'm trying to do. Your encouragement means a lot so thank you :nicenod:

OK, so with reference to your request Quin, I've quoted the post that I referred to below. I apologise if I misrepresented what you said in any way but reading back, I think I interpreted it correctly? :shrug:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:As far as Day 1 goes, I still do think that MP has come across as the most suspicious to me, so I'll vote there. I'm also going to vote Bubbles, because she's just one of (a few) who haven't checked in yet.

You're probably going to be further confounded by this, but I like that you stuck to your guns on this and actually voted for me. Here, have a bump on the rainbow list to slightly darker but still not remotely dark green. :beer:
As for your question about MP's team mates, I think I need to be less tired to answer that... If I can get back to you in morning, if that's OK (we are in the same timezone after all)? Likewise, of all the people that hadn't checked in, why did you nominate Bubbles (she's so nice...) and what's your opinion of her replacement?
Ah, that post was from Day 1, not two. I think its a miscommunication.

If I recall, I was hard pressed to put two votes down on Day 1, so I took a page out of scottys book and voted an inactive. The idea of just not voting a second person didn't actually occur to me.

Sloonei replaced bubbles, no? I like his input and it seems sincere. In the morning I could give you something more solid to go off.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

I know I haven't talked a lot this game. You know how I am in huge ass games!!! But as we are losing people (Achem....JJJ...) I am able to keep up a little better. So my thoughts on the whole MP voted for Caps and Caps voted for MP (for prefect) is this...
Would they really have done that if they were both bad? Wouldn't that be too obvious? I mean...we were allowed to vote ourselves. SO...if they were both bad, why not both just self vote, then there is no connection to be made between the two of them.

**Disclaimer** this post in no way supports the idea that the self voters (for prefect) were/are bad :P

On another note: I can see the Quin suspicion/theory as being true.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by reywaS »

:shifty:
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Boomslang »

Epignosis wrote:
"Boomslang can be trusted."
If Epi says it, it must be true!

Rather surprised by the MP result; I didn't think he'd take that big a risk unless he had something up his sleeve. I suppose there may be ability wonkiness we don't yet know about, but that's all conjecture right now. We know his character could "summon a rockslide," which I'd imagine is an offensive ability? If I wanted to get really tinfoily, I'd say his teammate's ability to "summon apparitions" means that we killed a ghost MP... idk.

A thought: maybe Caps and MP are part of the same team, and Caps's push to get himself lynched earlier was an earlier attempt by the team to pull whatever ability nonsense they just pulled on MP?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Elohcin wrote:I know I haven't talked a lot this game. You know how I am in huge ass games!!! But as we are losing people (Achem....JJJ...) I am able to keep up a little better. So my thoughts on the whole MP voted for Caps and Caps voted for MP (for prefect) is this...
Would they really have done that if they were both bad? Wouldn't that be too obvious? I mean...we were allowed to vote ourselves. SO...if they were both bad, why not both just self vote, then there is no connection to be made between the two of them.

**Disclaimer** this post in no way supports the idea that the self voters (for prefect) were/are bad :P

We all had two votes, so if they were teammates, they could vote for themselves as well as a teammate. However, if this theory is true, none of them did that. JJJ voted himself and Scotty, MP voted JJJ and Caps, and Caps voted JJJ and MP.

I don't think it would be a bad strategy for that team to vote each other. JJJ is pretty much always read as supatown and a low poster like Caps is usually able to slide by unnoticed for a good while. Really it was good luck that MP got lynched this time, since there was no real concerted push against him, and if this is indeed the Yellow Turban team, I wouldn't doubt that they expected to last quite a while without drawing suspicion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:I could get behind a caps fan vote. As I stated last round, I have found him suspicious. I also still suspect glorf.

As for suspicion of me, yes I'm tunneling. It's what I do. I'm also stubborn. That seemed to be the gist of suspicion of me. I'm not sure how to defend it. Yes, I did that. But it's not indicitive of anything other than I'm playing the game.
None of my case on you was for tunneling. It was for supporting a case, then when it proved incorrect, immediately turning around and suspecting the person whose case you followed. It was also for trying to force facts to fit your narrative of TH. A laser focus is one thing, but it seemed like you were looking for any reason, however shaky, to justify your suspicion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

DFaraday wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know I haven't talked a lot this game. You know how I am in huge ass games!!! But as we are losing people (Achem....JJJ...) I am able to keep up a little better. So my thoughts on the whole MP voted for Caps and Caps voted for MP (for prefect) is this...

We all had two votes, so if they were teammates, they could vote for themselves as well as a teammate. However, if this theory is true, none of them did that. JJJ voted himself and Scotty, MP voted JJJ and Caps, and Caps voted JJJ and MP.

I don't think it would be a bad strategy for that team to vote each other. JJJ is pretty much always read as supatown and a low poster like Caps is usually able to slide by unnoticed for a good while. Really it was good luck that MP got lynched this time, since there was no real concerted push against him, and if this is indeed the Yellow Turban team, I wouldn't doubt that they expected to last quite a while without drawing suspicion.
Okay, so this does make Caps look bad. Doesn't mean he is. :nicenod:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote: One vote will be for Sloonei, for semantics. The other day, I managed to catch this post at the top of one of the pages I glanced at and its wording pinged me:
Sloonei wrote:TheCapsFan and Sorsha

Of the candidates with lots of votes, they are the ones I am least inclined to put town reads on right now. TheCapsFan has seemed shaky and non-committal at times. I've not said much about him because I was trying to get more answers out of him before throwing an accusation his way, but that's out the window now.
Sorsha because I've spent the day waiting for her to explain a thing or two, but that never happened.
"I am least inclined to put town reads on right now"? What. Even saying "I'm leaning slightly baddie" or "these guys are in the yellow part of the rainbow" would be more committal than "least inclined to put town reads on." Wishy-washy weirding wording to the max. Unacceptable.
I had just joined the game ~24 hours before placing that vote. Even less than that, if I remember correctly. That's the strongest read I could possibly have given at that time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I need to go spend some time outside this afternoon before I regret wasting all this lovely weather. I'll be back to sit down with this thread and do mafia things later in the evening. I'll be taking a look at MP's ISO when I can. And I'll also have a look at MM's and Wilgy's, since that's not a thing I've done yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm not fully caught up. I seem to have been *ahem* absent all of day 3.

I was completely convinced MP was town, so GG those that voted him. Like he was my #1 town read, but now it makes sense why he asked for a replacement and then decided to stick it out. Too much fun being a baddie, eh MP?? :grin:
And GG Russ, our two-time champion. Just don't be two-timing us, eh?

Anyone have any questions for me? I followed a bit on day 3, but didn't get through all of it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or was that day 4? Wait, it's day 5 already?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I don't have lots of time today, but I'm just gonna put these statements out there:

-I think Quin is bad. I may or may not have time to form a case on him, but this is based on mostly tone.
-LoRab looks good this game.
-I don't buy TH's rebuttal after being silenced, nor do I understand why we dropped that case entirely. He can be very articulate when he wants to be, and comments like he has made such as [paraphrasing] 'I play this way because I'm trying to play a specific game' is raising my alarms. I may or may not be voting for him this phase.
-I don't feel like CapsFan warranted any votes yesterday or the day before. Volunteering for a battle and then chickening does not a baddie make.
-I think killing Soneji, who has made no appearance this game, is a VERY odd choice. I think there are several people in this game that would kill an inactive to increase the challenge. Because that must be what that is, right? A challenge? There is no other rational explanation for Soneji dying last night. That only helps the civs. Whoooo would do that as bad?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:@Lorab And yeah it's pretty easy to look at my posts with the gift of hindsight like you did, but you rob my posts of all agency when you do that because you're not looking at the context. I would argue I did more than anyone except Jay (or Quin) to get the marmot lynched. I wanted to pit him against Scotty just to make sure the marmot hanged :noble: m
How noble you are.

also, you say you "did more than anyone" to get Mm lynched? So by dropping the 8th vote on his train, that's doing more than anyone? I voted for him first. You tacked yourself on to give yourself Cred.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Lookin back at the Marmot/Russ/Dom lynch of Day 3, DP's vote for Russ seeeeeeeeems pretttttay save-like. Just sayin.

Compounded with his lack of -anything- substantive this game, I think he's a great candidate for my vote today.

Gotta go, be back later in phase.

Lemme know if y'all have questions for me, your perfect prefect.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Wow why did I take so many votes?
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:I don't have lots of time today, but I'm just gonna put these statements out there:

-I think Quin is bad. I may or may not have time to form a case on him, but this is based on mostly tone.
-I don't buy TH's rebuttal after being silenced, nor do I understand why we dropped that case entirely. He can be very articulate when he wants to be, and comments like he has made such as [paraphrasing] 'I play this way because I'm trying to play a specific game' is raising my alarms. I may or may not be voting for him this phase.
-I don't feel like CapsFan warranted any votes yesterday or the day before. Volunteering for a battle and then chickening does not a baddie make.
-I think killing Soneji, who has made no appearance this game, is a VERY odd choice. I think there are several people in this game that would kill an inactive to increase the challenge. Because that must be what that is, right? A challenge? There is no other rational explanation for Soneji dying last night. That only helps the civs. Whoooo would do that as bad?
It's about time someone wanted to talk about me. Put out a case, and let me destroy it. Maybe there's goodies inside.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What Quin suspicion/theory?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Thanks, Guys :bighug: I haven't been all that successful with my previous games on this site (as you probably know) and I'm told that to be better, I need to try harder to create discussion and analyse things more so that's what I'm trying to do. Your encouragement means a lot so thank you :nicenod:

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Ah, that post was from Day 1, not two. I think its a miscommunication.

If I recall, I was hard pressed to put two votes down on Day 1, so I took a page out of scottys book and voted an inactive. The idea of just not voting a second person didn't actually occur to me.

Sloonei replaced bubbles, no? I like his input and it seems sincere. In the morning I could give you something more solid to go off.
Nah, not a miscommunication, my friend. Your post WAS indeed from Day 1 but MP's response to it was made Day 2. My apologies - I didn't mean to misrepresent that.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Scotty wrote:I don't have lots of time today, but I'm just gonna put these statements out there:
Indeed it WAS an odd choice, Scotty but as I pointed out in my post last night, Soneji was second last on MP's list of inactives that he posted earlier in the game (the last person on that list was S-V-S who was the Yellow Turban's first NK victim). It's starting to look like one of those psycho serial killer movies...

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Trust me, Scotty - you won't be voting for him...

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:

Trust me, Scotty - you won't be voting for him...
This, lol!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Hey, Scotty! Can you please elaborate on this statement?

Return to “Previous Jobs”