Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 5]

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know I haven't talked a lot this game. You know how I am in huge ass games!!! But as we are losing people (Achem....JJJ...) I am able to keep up a little better. So my thoughts on the whole MP voted for Caps and Caps voted for MP (for prefect) is this...
Would they really have done that if they were both bad? Wouldn't that be too obvious? I mean...we were allowed to vote ourselves. SO...if they were both bad, why not both just self vote, then there is no connection to be made between the two of them.

**Disclaimer** this post in no way supports the idea that the self voters (for prefect) were/are bad :P

On another note: I can see the Quin suspicion/theory as being true.
What Quin suspicion/theory?
the one right before I wrote that post.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know I haven't talked a lot this game. You know how I am in huge ass games!!! But as we are losing people (Achem....JJJ...) I am able to keep up a little better. So my thoughts on the whole MP voted for Caps and Caps voted for MP (for prefect) is this...
Would they really have done that if they were both bad? Wouldn't that be too obvious? I mean...we were allowed to vote ourselves. SO...if they were both bad, why not both just self vote, then there is no connection to be made between the two of them.

**Disclaimer** this post in no way supports the idea that the self voters (for prefect) were/are bad :P

On another note: I can see the Quin suspicion/theory as being true.
What Quin suspicion/theory?
the one right before I wrote that post.
You mean glorfindels ISO? There's nothing in that to suggest that the ISO was made with me specifically in mind, in fact his actual conclusion doesn't refer to me at all. Id like to know why you picked my name out of everyone he talked about to accuse.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Someone else picked your name out first and said something about it that made sense to me. It's been quite a long few days and I cannot even remember what it was that they said or even who said it. I was commenting on THAT person's post. You are getting quite squirmy over the whole situation. That makes me more suspicious of you than what was originally said.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:Someone else picked your name out first and said something about it that made sense to me. It's been quite a long few days and I cannot even remember what it was that they said or even who said it. I was commenting on THAT person's post. You are getting quite squirmy over the whole situation. That makes me more suspicious of you than what was originally said.
References to me being squirmy please.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

btw, 'right before' is not the same as 'a few days ago'. I think you're backpedalling.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

class, ill be back.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel -- nice summary, will be handy to refer to for MP's interactions. Given the variety of his exchanges with JJJ it still seems to me like they could have been teammates, but you could also be right that they weren't. Inconclusive. :shrug: I'm rather inclined to disagree with you about Dom though, I think MP's defense of him was so incredibly strong that I would be amazed if they were teammates because that would be the least subtle save attempt ever. But hey, anything is possible and maybe MP was just that confident.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote:ayyyyy I was right for a change!

b-b-but Quin, you haven't talked about MP since like Day 2!

Shut up!

:noble:

---

Anyway, I support a TCF lynch. Glorfindel is nearly always on the latter half of the major bandwagons. Let's talk about that.

I wish they would stop killing all of the active players :disappoint:
Wtf is a TCF?
nutella wrote:Pleasantly surprised at the lynch result!! Nice.

RIP TH :( Weird that the YTs have killed another non-player.

Sorsha wrote:I'd like to say I find it notable that MovingPictures and TheCapsFan both voted for each other to be prefects. (and they both also voted for jjj :ponder: )

I'll likely be voting for CapsFan today since I think he voted for one of his teammates in the prefect poll.
Nice catch.
Everything the YTs have done in this game is weird and my paranoia sensors are going bananas right now.
TheCapsFan wrote:In that case, Sorsha, you have nothing to worry about, because I'm civ.
Why do you keep repeating that? It doesn't make it more likely for anyone to believe you are a civ.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote:
No one else seems all that interested so - looking at MP's ISO:

Day 0:
0.1 He votes for TheCapsFan and 3J for Prefect after TheCapsFan votes for him.
0.2 He makes (for the first time a reference to the players who are yet to check in)
0.3 Makes a light-hearted throw away line at Dom's campaign for Prefect
0.4 Responds to a remark by 3J about his voting for himself for Prefect
0.5 Remarks that my selection process for voting Scotty and 3J for prefect is not logical and admits that neither is anyone else's approach and also asks DDL for opinions of suspicious Day 0 activity.

0.6 Questions 3J's response to 0.4
0.7 Thinly veiled accusation to 3J of lack of transparency on Day 0 reads and then appears to accept 3J's explanation
0.8 Queries Quin on why he is not interested in his (MP's) interactions with 3J after he (Quin) expressed curiosity at the dialogue between TH and 3J.
0.9 Quin responds to MP saying that he already "agreed with his sentiments" to which MP responds to Quin with :beer:

Day 1:
1.1 Invites general discussion around the game's duel mechanic
1.2 Despite critisizing 3J for making early GTH reads in 0.7, MP throws out his own list of 'tentative' Town reads (Boomslang, DDL, 3J, Quin and Turnip Head).
1.3 MP makes his second reference to players that had not checked in - naming (Buubles, DisgruntledPorcupine, LoRab, Rabbit, Soneji and S-V-S)
1.4 Quin objects to MP saying that he hadn't sufficient posts to have earnt a Town read.
1.5 Gets aggro at Mac for criticising his Town reads and then attempts a justification on them in response to 3J's request.
1.5.1 Praises Boomslang for his Day 1 activity and engagement (consisting of opinions around strategy for selecting players to duel).
1.5.2 Gives credit to DDL for a couple of posts (of which the links don't work for me).
1.5.3 Says that he tried to get a feel for 3J and found his response 'genuine' and that hadn't seen anything 'questionable' or 'alarming' in terms of 3J's contributions.
1.5.4 Briefly says that he likes Quin's questioning of TH (refer 0.8) and
1.5.5 Nominates three of TH's posts that demonstrate 'critical thinking'.

1.6 In a response to Bass claims to have suspected 3J but then exhonerated him based on his responses.
1.7 Gets upset at MacDougall for his accusations based on his lack of activity.
1.8 The reconciliation.

Day 2:
2.1 In response to a post by DDL where he suggests that MP is angrier than normal and considers whether it was alignment indicative, 3J summarises MP RL dilemmas and states that he's "fine with MP right now."
2.2 Apologises for his behaviour
2.3 Questions Nerolunar as to whether he followed up his suspicions on MP over his GTH reads with a vote (he didn't).
2.4 3J claims MP as his top Town read based on his interpretation of MP's RL circumstances. Quin agrees and accuses MP of buddying to which MP responds with a request for an explanation.
2.5 MacDougall accuses MP of buddying up to his GTH reads and suggests (I think) that MP's behaviour was manipulative. MP responds with a reasonably calm rebuttal claiming to doubt Mac's sincerity.

2.6 In response to a post by Sig expressing interest in his accusation at Mac, MP replies with a battery of questions as to what Sig means.
2.7 Quin states he'll vote for MP (He actually voted MM and Dom) to which MP indicates confirms his 'Town cred' slightly more.
2.8 Queries why Dom, MM and Russ are attracting votes.
2.9 Claims not to understand Sorsha's suggested approach of voting for Prefects
2.10 Makes some comments to 3J about the case against Russ.

2.11 'Digs' 3J's case on Russ and dismisses the case on MM based on his WIFOM with Wilgy.
2.12 Notices that Dom is "throwing around a lot of suspicion (DF, 3J, Bass) ... But doing so in a fairly assertive manner... On the basis of little, dubious or non existent content" but claims that behaviour is not in itself inherently suspicious for Dom.
2.13 Not five minutes later, MP blows up at timmer for making random votes on Russ and Dom and wants a CFD where he wants to vote for timmer (and continues to pursue timmer until he is removed at EoD 3).
2.14 MP challenges DF on his suspicions of Dom and proceeds with a fairly strenuous defence of Dom.
2.15 Starts an active campaign against Nutella

2.16 At the end of the Day he makes a post nominating Dom and Boomslang as his 'TOP civilian reads'

My observations:
People have made some suggestions so far this Day phase to the effect that 3J may have been one of MP's partners in crime. I personally don't support that view. I believe (again, perhaps naively) that MPs behaviour was genuine and came from a place of frustration. I think from reading the tone of their interactions, 3J was cutting MP some slack as a consequence of his circumstances and in 3J's case at least, he fell for the opportunity that MP took to buddy up to him.

I think MP may have included at least one of his team mates on that list however and I didn't get the same vibe of sincerity from all of them as I did with 3J.

If you look at MP's list of absent players (refer: 1.3 above) do you notice anything unusual? It appears to me (so far) to be the list of the Yellow Turban's NKs in reverse order. Where else have you seen those two names together?

I'm concerned by MP's relationship with Dom this game. I find it odd that MP started off casting doubt on him (refer 2.12 above) and so swiftly turns apparently making him a catalyst for his campaign against timmer and then ended defending Dom so adamantly.
This is awesome! Good job.

I just skimmed though because I don't have much free time. But if someone else can use this list to sport something incriminating, that'd be cool.

I agree with your point about MP's frustration bing genuine. He has said that in other games before, and he said this time that this is not something he would take. There is no point in having such a meta if you are going to betray it the first game you are scum. MP's furstration was the real deal.
Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:This MP thing was the weirdest lynch I've ever seen in this site.

Am I the only one who thinks this may have benefitted the YTs in some way? With abilities and such? Otherwise I can't see why MP would betray his temataes like that. Unless he was really the only active member so he called it quits.
Can you please explain what you meant by that DDL? How do you think MP betrayed his team mates? I don't think he necessarily really expected to be a candidate to duel. He was Strategist class after all and given they make up such a small proportion of the populace of this game (i.e. 18% at the start of this game) that four-sided die of his meant his odds were never going to be particularly good. Also, Soneji died last night at the hands of the Yellow Turbans so there's still at least one running around :shrug:
"random YT's ability: every time a teammate loses a duel, gains an extra kill that cannot fail".

That's a simple example but it's possibly more complicated.

The entire faction has "secrets". Assume anything is possible.
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Golden wrote:Speculation: MP wanted to take Nutella down for some specific reason, and believed he could do it. He wasn't really offering to have a go at russti, he wanted to be voted specifically up against nutella.

Secondary speculation: MP, being a suicidal moron, sometimes does things that seem good in the moment but less good when it all shakes out. Something I can relate to completely (*cough* champs finale *cough*).

Tertiary speculation: MP really genuinely believed that taking down nutella would make him look good.

I did literally laugh out loud when I figured out MP was bad. It was pretty funny.
Quartenary? speculation: MP wanted to take nutella down so he could reap the benefits of winning the duel. This would make a lot of sense if JJJ was a YT; already having been down a teammate, I think he'd want as much help as he could get.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:beer:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:ayyyyy I was right for a change!

b-b-but Quin, you haven't talked about MP since like Day 2!

Shut up!

:noble:

---

Anyway, I support a TCF lynch. Glorfindel is nearly always on the latter half of the major bandwagons. Let's talk about that.

I wish they would stop killing all of the active players :disappoint:
Wtf is a TCF?
nutella wrote:Pleasantly surprised at the lynch result!! Nice.

RIP TH :( Weird that the YTs have killed another non-player.

Sorsha wrote:I'd like to say I find it notable that MovingPictures and TheCapsFan both voted for each other to be prefects. (and they both also voted for jjj :ponder: )

I'll likely be voting for CapsFan today since I think he voted for one of his teammates in the prefect poll.
Nice catch.
Everything the YTs have done in this game is weird and my paranoia sensors are going bananas right now.
TheCapsFan wrote:In that case, Sorsha, you have nothing to worry about, because I'm civ.
Why do you keep repeating that? It doesn't make it more likely for anyone to believe you are a civ.
TCF - TheCapsFan.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This Caps-MP theory could be true, and I do think some posts Caps made today are suspicious, but the whole thing has so much WIFOM I don't want to touch it with a 10-feet pole.
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wtf is a TCF?
I am a TCF. TheCapsFan .o/
Why do you keep repeating that? It doesn't make it more likely for anyone to believe you are a civ.[/quote]

What's the harm in telling the truth?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote:I don't have lots of time today, but I'm just gonna put these statements out there:

-I think Quin is bad. I may or may not have time to form a case on him, but this is based on mostly tone.
-LoRab looks good this game.
-I don't buy TH's rebuttal after being silenced, nor do I understand why we dropped that case entirely. He can be very articulate when he wants to be, and comments like he has made such as [paraphrasing] 'I play this way because I'm trying to play a specific game' is raising my alarms. I may or may not be voting for him this phase.
-I don't feel like CapsFan warranted any votes yesterday or the day before. Volunteering for a battle and then chickening does not a baddie make.
-I think killing Soneji, who has made no appearance this game, is a VERY odd choice. I think there are several people in this game that would kill an inactive to increase the challenge. Because that must be what that is, right? A challenge? There is no other rational explanation for Soneji dying last night. That only helps the civs. Whoooo would do that as bad?
TH is too dead for you to be able to vote for him.

Also how you managed to miss TH's death when it appeared in the same post as Soneji's is beyond me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:This Caps-MP theory could be true, and I do think some posts Caps made today are suspicious, but the whole thing has so much WIFOM I don't want to touch it with a 10-feet pole.
I remember the last time someone mentioned not going near something with a 10 foot pole :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Caps

Nothing, but it sounds manipulative.

@Quin

I don't.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I've decided I want to uphold Turnip Head's legacy. I am voting for Mac today.

He went AWOL after Day 1, when people were commenting on how aggressive he was. Now he just shows up once a day and drops a vote on Dunny.

This sounds like it was done on purpose. He stayed agressive until people said "this is the Mac we all know!" and then vanished when it was good enough.

Mac needs to go.

I just need to find another person to vote for. I wanna vote Boomslang (again) and Russ (again), but will wait another day to see if I get something more fresh to vote for.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually, I just looked at his ISO and he didn't disappear completely, but his playstyle is way less aggressive than how it was on day 1. Now he just sitcks to making small length comments on low posters (dunny, BWT, Simon, etc) and defending Dom (WIFOMWIFOMWIFOMWIFOM).
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@Caps

Nothing, but it sounds manipulative.

@Quin

I don't.
Radicalfuzz in turf wars. He was bad :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

nutella wrote:Glorfindel -- nice summary, will be handy to refer to for MP's interactions. Given the variety of his exchanges with JJJ it still seems to me like they could have been teammates, but you could also be right that they weren't. Inconclusive. :shrug: I'm rather inclined to disagree with you about Dom though, I think MP's defense of him was so incredibly strong that I would be amazed if they were teammates because that would be the least subtle save attempt ever. But hey, anything is possible and maybe MP was just that confident.
Hey, Nutella! Thank you for the compliment on my MP ISO - I really appreciate that. Just on a technicality - I didn't necessarily accuse Dom of being MP's team mate, I was simply curious about what looked like 'a complete 180' in a very short period of time in terms of MP's opinion of Dom.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Someone else picked your name out first and said something about it that made sense to me. It's been quite a long few days and I cannot even remember what it was that they said or even who said it. I was commenting on THAT person's post. You are getting quite squirmy over the whole situation. That makes me more suspicious of you than what was originally said.
I'm talking about all the posts you've made this afternoon....like you are getting all scared I'm going to vote you just b/c I agreed with something someone said about you.
Quin wrote:btw, 'right before' is not the same as 'a few days ago'. I think you're backpedalling.
A few days ago? I don't remember saying a few days ago. Bah-humbug, I guess I actually have to go an look for the post I was talking about now. It was a linki for me after that ISO of MP that you were mentioned in.

**Looks back at posts from earlier today**

Hmm...I cannot find what I was talking about. I must have misread something at the time. Derp.

Sorry, I've really not been paying attention too much all game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
I'm talking about all the posts you've made this afternoon....like you are getting all scared I'm going to vote you just b/c I agreed with something someone said about you.
Quin wrote:btw, 'right before' is not the same as 'a few days ago'. I think you're backpedalling.
A few days ago? I don't remember saying a few days ago. Bah-humbug, I guess I actually have to go an look for the post I was talking about now. It was a linki for me after that ISO of MP that you were mentioned in.

Hmm...I cannot find what I was talking about. I must have misread something at the time. Derp.

If you think being squirmy involves addressing points and accusations that are not in my favour, then yes, I was squirmiest little worm you've ever seen.

I believe the only other person to plainly say he suspected me was Luffy, but if I recall that was a.miscommunication. Is that who you're thinking of?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am not good at fitting two mafia games into my head at one time. That, coupled with my late entry here and the size of this one, has resulted in me once again feeling mostly lost. The good news for Glorfindel is that I've kinda shaken off my initial scum read on him. The bad news for everyone is that I'm back to not really having any strong reads. Rather than drown myself even more by trying to read everything, I'll go back to my usual strategy of asking people questions.

I'll start with what has been my biggest question in the game: Nutella. I've been reading her as a strong townie based off of her tone and the volume of her content, but I've admittedly not done a thorough investigation of her. I've also seen a few people express very vague suspicion of her ("I think she's lying", "She seems off", etc.). Does anyone have a more substantial case to offer against Nutella? If there's reason to suspect her, I'd like to know about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

when i am not distracted by baseball and things i do intend to engage in some Thorough Investigation of all those dead scum post histories. I'm intrigued by the theory that Jay could have been bad. I might look into that as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:I'll start with what has been my biggest question in the game: Nutella. I've been reading her as a strong townie based off of her tone and the volume of her content, but I've admittedly not done a thorough investigation of her. I've also seen a few people express very vague suspicion of her ("I think she's lying", "She seems off", etc.). Does anyone have a more substantial case to offer against Nutella? If there's reason to suspect her, I'd like to know about it.
The biggest case came from MP, who we know was bad... he was so sure nutella was bad that he was willing to duel on it.

I've read nutella as good all game, but in some ways I find this potentially persuasive. What better way for MP to get townie points if he duelled someone he had info on and knew was on the other team?

On the other hand, I really don't get ANY baddie vibes from nutella in thread at all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:

If you think being squirmy involves addressing points and accusations that are not in my favour, then yes, I was squirmiest little worm you've ever seen.

I believe the only other person to plainly say he suspected me was Luffy, but if I recall that was a.miscommunication. Is that who you're thinking of?
Yes, that must have been it. Sorry, man.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I'll start with what has been my biggest question in the game: Nutella. I've been reading her as a strong townie based off of her tone and the volume of her content, but I've admittedly not done a thorough investigation of her. I've also seen a few people express very vague suspicion of her ("I think she's lying", "She seems off", etc.). Does anyone have a more substantial case to offer against Nutella? If there's reason to suspect her, I'd like to know about it.
The biggest case came from MP, who we know was bad... he was so sure nutella was bad that he was willing to duel on it.

I've read nutella as good all game, but in some ways I find this potentially persuasive. What better way for MP to get townie points if he duelled someone he had info on and knew was on the other team?

On the other hand, I really don't get ANY baddie vibes from nutella in thread at all.
Who are your top suspects and why? You can just link me to a post if you've already shared some reads, I just wanna get to the meaty parts of the game quickly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am not capable of doing my own work, you see.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

Who are your top suspects and why? You can just link me to a post if you've already shared some reads, I just wanna get to the meaty parts of the game quickly.
I'm not really reading the whole thread, so I'm REALLY not the guy to ask. I haven't been really posting reads, just reactions to things I happen to read.

I'm sort of floating along, but I tend to think Nanman are low posters (they always kill high posters) and Yellow Turbans are high posters (they always kill low posters).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

I'm not really reading the whole thread, so I'm REALLY not the guy to ask. I haven't been really posting reads, just reactions to things I happen to read.

I'm sort of floating along, but I tend to think Nanman are low posters (they always kill high posters) and Yellow Turbans are high posters (they always kill low posters).
Oh good, we are in the same boat. It is the boat of champions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin and Elohcin: What are your current thoughts on each other? What's this little disagreement you seem to have had in the last few posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:I am not good at fitting two mafia games into my head at one time. That, coupled with my late entry here and the size of this one, has resulted in me once again feeling mostly lost. The good news for Glorfindel is that I've kinda shaken off my initial scum read on him. The bad news for everyone is that I'm back to not really having any strong reads. Rather than drown myself even more by trying to read everything, I'll go back to my usual strategy of asking people questions.

I'll start with what has been my biggest question in the game: Nutella. I've been reading her as a strong townie based off of her tone and the volume of her content, but I've admittedly not done a thorough investigation of her. I've also seen a few people express very vague suspicion of her ("I think she's lying", "She seems off", etc.). Does anyone have a more substantial case to offer against Nutella? If there's reason to suspect her, I'd like to know about it.
Join the Mac lynch. All the cool kids are in it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am not good at fitting two mafia games into my head at one time. That, coupled with my late entry here and the size of this one, has resulted in me once again feeling mostly lost. The good news for Glorfindel is that I've kinda shaken off my initial scum read on him. The bad news for everyone is that I'm back to not really having any strong reads. Rather than drown myself even more by trying to read everything, I'll go back to my usual strategy of asking people questions.

what's the mac case?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

what's the mac case?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Read my previous posts. And also Turnips ones.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Likewise, I consider one of my strongest Town reads right now. She's really given me no reason to doubt her at any stage and her posts read as very genuine to me. I am puzzled at the whole MP/Nutella exchange though.

Day 2:
MP state he wants to lynch Nutella and launches into an attack on her opinion piece on MM, Bubbles and Dom. Votes for Nutella (and timmer).

Day 3:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- I feel better about nutella and Mac after their responses to me. Thanks for those, guys. I don't have any other concerns at this time.
Day 4:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to duel this time. And I should have stuck with my evaluation of Nutella from before; she is giving me bad vibes and I think she's latching onto easy targets again today. Not letting her off the hook. :srsnod:

I want to take her down. Nutella vs MP!!!
If anyone can cast any light on that simply bizarre progression, I'd be keen to hear it. I think it might say more about poor MP's state of mind this game than anything else...

I'd also like to make another observation. By my calculation, we should have 29 players left active at this point. If you take out those players that appear to have disappeared into the ether and those who only drop in to vote and then disappear, we're looking at an active player base of about a little over half that :fist: That's really a disappointing result considering all the work that Epi has put into this game and what amazing potential it had. I really expected better :(

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Wow why did I take so many votes?
Hey Bass-- are you bad?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Mac has been the quietest I've ever seen him. Some say the quietest ever.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

@ Sloon: I guess Quin is cool. I don;t have any beef with him at the moment anyway. :D We had a misunderstanding, that's all. My fault for not fully comprehending my skimming the thread.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by reywaS »

Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

:faint: I'm an idiot and must have read that TH died but didnt register in my brain. Wow.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I've decided I want to uphold Turnip Head's legacy. I am voting for Mac today.

He went AWOL after Day 1, when people were commenting on how aggressive he was. Now he just shows up once a day and drops a vote on Dunny.

This sounds like it was done on purpose. He stayed agressive until people said "this is the Mac we all know!" and then vanished when it was good enough.

Mac needs to go.

I just need to find another person to vote for. I wanna vote Boomslang (again) and Russ (again), but will wait another day to see if I get something more fresh to vote for.
Well hold on a sec there, chief. What kind of legacy did TH put out to uphold?

How do we even know he was good? There are 2 teams, you know..

That being said, I see the argument on Mac and wouldn't be averse to seeing him duel.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Hello
Some day, Some day
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

hello reywas, have you had a chance to read anything yet? I know I was not inclined to fully catch up when I joined, and that was nearly 20 pages ago.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Hey, Scotty! My perfect Prefect! Still thinking over your response to my question this morning?

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:@ Sloon: I guess Quin is cool. I don;t have any beef with him at the moment anyway. :D We had a misunderstanding, that's all. My fault for not fully comprehending my skimming the thread.
Likewise. I think what you used was more a poor choice of words than a baddie ploy. Your vote history is of interest, though. I would ideally like to see more from you, so I can't confidently civ read you, but you are most definitely not a lynch I would consider any time soon.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote::faint: I'm an idiot and must have read that TH died but didnt register in my brain. Wow.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I've decided I want to uphold Turnip Head's legacy. I am voting for Mac today.

Mac needs to go.

Well hold on a sec there, chief. What kind of legacy did TH put out to uphold?

How do we even know he was good? There are 2 teams, you know..

That being said, I see the argument on Mac and wouldn't be averse to seeing him duel.
His legacy of wanting Mac dead. Which I share. I'm not voting because of TH, I just wanted to make the post aound cool.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Glorfindel wrote:
Scotty wrote:I don't have lots of time today, but I'm just gonna put these statements out there:
-LoRab looks good this game.
Hey, Scotty! Can you please elaborate on this statement?
Of course, friend!
LoRab looks good and smells great this game.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The poll ends tonight and there's no votes yet? What is this? The US Election?

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Sloonei wrote:hello reywas, have you had a chance to read anything yet? I know I was not inclined to fully catch up when I joined, and that was nearly 20 pages ago.
Not yet. I plan on trying to read through the thread today. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a full read through in one day...it's been almost a year since I played and I couldn't even fully read through 35 pages when I was in my mafia "prime". We'll see how it goes.
Some day, Some day
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

reywaS wrote:
Sloonei wrote:hello reywas, have you had a chance to read anything yet? I know I was not inclined to fully catch up when I joined, and that was nearly 20 pages ago.
Not yet. I plan on trying to read through the thread today. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a full read through in one day...it's been almost a year since I played and I couldn't even fully read through 35 pages when I was in my mafia "prime". We'll see how it goes.
You are braver than I.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel a bit helpless here. No idea who to vote for and <12 hours until the deadline. I'll be around most of the day if any conversation starts up (please), but I probably won't sit down and dig through the thread until we get closer to the deadline.

Still way too many people who are complete null reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”