[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [END] Bioshock Mafia

Post by bea »

wot? I like to break rules. Besides - like I said - I'm only interested in bioshock infinate: The musical! :D

come on - that would be FUN! :D

Hedgy - the funny thing is - I prolly wouldn't have - had you guys not all turned lynch mob on me.

I mean I know I was in a rage and everything - but nobody - including russti - ever felt me out while they had a chance to. I was so in the dark - I really did start of the time trying to be a team player and couldn't figure out why indi was after me. - tbh - I didn't even know THE REST OF YOU EXISTED as far as game with in the game went. I was a blind vanilla civ before. And the only info I was given was about Choen. :shrug:

When I was up for the lynch, by that time, I'd seen that I was truely on my own. I was a 90% accuracy gun for hire. if enough people would have kept me a live, I would have fought like no tomorrow for their side. And honestly that was my goal. Whoever keeps me alive - I'll kill everyone else.

It is just that no one thought I was worth keeping around. :sigh:

linkie - hedgey,. :( :sigh: each stab is a knife wound. In my defense - I had plasmids for exactly a day cycle. :(

more linkie - his dancers were both vote manips - one added votes, one subtracted votes.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Bea if we could've won with you and there was a way to signal who we were we'd have kept you around. We did really appreciate that you didn't throw Russti under the bus when it would have been really easy for you to do so though :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

That was intense. Triple agent. :solitary:

I was a total dumbass by posting my Hypnotize Big Daddy PM in the chat room without even reading the damn thing first. :disappoint:

I told my team that I would return to their side once Jack got to Point Prometheus (something I pulled out of my ass). If it isn't clear, however, I feel rotten having to deceive my team like that, but I always play to win. I hope there's no hard feelings.

My last kill attempt was Matahari, and she stole me from Nev. This time I did not copy Nev on the info, but that betrayal wound up being moot anyway, since I was stuck at a fucking McDonald's in Wadesboro coming back from my trip and had only one opportunity to vote, and people wound up lynching me for the wrong reasons. I was not pleased by this when I got home.

If I may offer a bit of criticism:

I think recruited civs are fine, because they usually come sans info. But a recruited bad guy knows his entire team. By the middle of the game, I already knew the roles of Snow Dog, Bullzeye, Hedgeowl, DFaraday, Nevinera, Russtifinko, bea 2.0, DharmaHelper, DevintheOmniscient, spacedaisy, and indiglo, and that's not counting the players who were lynched. I think the main objective to Mafia is figuring out who people are, solving the mystery; with my getting recruited, it was over for my team- they had ZERO chance of winning by that point, and I think that's unfortunate, because we played a flawless game up until Night 5.

I was surprised my team had not started a separate chat room without me (although I see that they eventually did).

Again, I am loyal to the win, even if it did not work out for me. Congratulations to those for whom it did. It was a hell of a game, and I am thankful for this game getting me to play what inspired it: Bioshock is a masterpiece, and I believe MP did it justice here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:That was intense. Triple agent. :solitary:

I was a total dumbass by posting my Hypnotize Big Daddy PM in the chat room without even reading the damn thing first. :disappoint:

I told my team that I would return to their side once Jack got to Point Prometheus (something I pulled out of my ass). If it isn't clear, however, I feel rotten having to deceive my team like that, but I always play to win. I hope there's no hard feelings.

My last kill attempt was Matahari, and she stole me from Nev. This time I did not copy Nev on the info, but that betrayal wound up being moot anyway, since I was stuck at a fucking McDonald's in Wadesboro coming back from my trip and had only one opportunity to vote, and people wound up lynching me for the wrong reasons. I was not pleased by this when I got home.

If I may offer a bit of criticism:

I think recruited civs are fine, because they usually come sans info. But a recruited bad guy knows his entire team. By the middle of the game, I already knew the roles of Snow Dog, Bullzeye, Hedgeowl, DFaraday, Nevinera, Russtifinko, bea 2.0, DharmaHelper, DevintheOmniscient, spacedaisy, and indiglo, and that's not counting the players who were lynched. I think the main objective to Mafia is figuring out who people are, solving the mystery; with my getting recruited, it was over for my team- they had ZERO chance of winning by that point, and I think that's unfortunate, because we played a flawless game up until Night 5.

I was surprised my team had not started a separate chat room without me (although I see that they eventually did).

Again, I am loyal to the win, even if it did not work out for me. Congratulations to those for whom it did. It was a hell of a game, and I am thankful for this game getting me to play what inspired it: Bioshock is a masterpiece, and I believe MP did it justice here.
Don't feel bad about it, you did what you had to do and any of us would have done the same. Like I said in chat, it's only annoying when it happens to you. We did make a new chatroom though, and we had icecream and cakes and a big party but of course you weren't invited because it was a no murderers allowed party :p (All DF's kills were self defense).

Actually we just chatted about how much it sucked that Hedge was getting bandwagoned so hard and I didn't go back in after she got lynched but I assume it was all over then anyway.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bullzeye wrote:Bea if we could've won with you and there was a way to signal who we were we'd have kept you around. We did really appreciate that you didn't throw Russti under the bus when it would have been really easy for you to do so though :)
I appreciate that you appreciate the fact that I understand the rules and how wrong info dumping is. :p It wasn't because I didn't want to. It was because I respect the game. ;)

I do get it - I was the sacrifice the island demanded. I just wish anyone on any side could have thought outside the box to let me hang out to do some killin' when I finally had the chance to do so. I get that I couldn't have won with you. But I would have helped you win if you would have helped me stay alive long enough to you know, maybe enjoy those rage plasmids you all just gave me and looted from me after the fact. :srsnod: :WTF:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

:overreact: I can't believe I survived so many kill attempts at night only to get lynched without a discussion at the end.

Great game MP! I definitely felt it captured the true essence of Bioshock! Especially me fully playing out the paranoid Peach Wilkins and cowering in fear each night.

When would you be hosting Bioshock Infinite? I really, really want to play the real game before playing the mafia game because of potential spoilers, but it wasn't on sale enough for me during the Steam Summer sale to fit into my budget. If it's sooner rather than later maybe I'll re-evaluate and just go ahead and buy it.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners. You all played a great game. I knew at the end that Devin and SD had to be Cohen and a dancer and I was planning to ask you to vote Nevinera, but Devin had already voted before I even returned to the thread to see the night post! :sigh:

Thank you for hosting MP!
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:Dom had excellent instincts, guesses, not sure. But once he mentioned dfaraday, snow, and bullz, we knew he had to go. Guess he had a block?
Thank you! I tried so hard to be a civvie... :p I'm a better baddie, I think....

I had some sort of prize, I can't remember. 2 plasmids or something idk.
bea wrote:wot? I like to break rules. Besides - like I said - I'm only interested in bioshock infinate: The musical! :D

come on - that would be FUN! :D
I'M IN!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Dom had excellent instincts, guesses, not sure. But once he mentioned dfaraday, snow, and bullz, we knew he had to go. Guess he had a block?
Thank you! I tried so hard to be a civvie... :p I'm a better baddie, I think....

hey Dom about your early suspicion of me. You know withy my comment about lynching Agleamingranks? I would have said the same thing if I had been civ or bad. It was stupid to post it though being bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

By the way I'm still curious about why INH thought I was being coached or if he was just saying that because he wanted to get me lynched or something...
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok, I just want to know who killed me and why? It was so early in the game and I hadn't done anything that exposed any baddies so why me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

:yay: I can't believe my last guess worked!! You disciples were elusive bastards! :p

Great game everyone!!! I thoroughly enjoyed playing Sander Cohen!!! I was extremely excited to hear that the randomiser gave me that character because I share MPs love for his insane personality. I also had a ton of fun using my Sander Cohen persona to speak to Jack (Russtifinko) in Fort Frolic (Thanks for playing along Russti!).

I really must apologize to Hedgeowl, though. Had I caught your code to lynch NEv I probably would have done so. But it seems to have worked out better for me this way. I was not at all looking for you or Epi to be Guardians, especially after everyone I had thought to be Guardians and Jack died in that chaotic night. By the way INH that was me who incinerated you, so, sorry :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Ok, I just want to know who killed me and why? It was so early in the game and I hadn't done anything that exposed any baddies so why me?
That would be me.

I don't think we had a big reason- it was Night 2, and we had to kill two people. We had tossed a lot of names around and settled on you and LT. We mainly wanted to keep suspicion away from us.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

juliets wrote:Ok, I just want to know who killed me and why? It was so early in the game and I hadn't done anything that exposed any baddies so why me?
You and Lt were killed the same night by the big daddies. I dont remeber which killed you, but it was a team decision. We didnt want to pick people who had mentioned any of us yet, so we went with people who seemed insightful and sharp, but would not draw suspicion to any of us if I remember correctly.

Linki - what epi said.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FYI, I changed my avatar in honor of an early promise to MP that if I won this game, I would do just that :D

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:

Mongoose- we incinerated you, but it was first time it worked on anyone, so Snow and I started to feel bad. When the rez option came up, we all agreed to bring you back.
Thanks! I was happy to get to play some more of this game. Good game, all. MP, you've really outdone yourself. This was very innovative and a superlative effort.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I incinerated mongoose btw . And after saying I felt so bad about it I had to vote to rezz her.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Oops linki
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

BTW, Burnt mongoose is not a great scent. Smells like a hair dryer on its last leg.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LittleTiger »

Epignosis wrote:
That would be me.

I don't think we had a big reason- it was Night 2, and we had to kill two people. We had tossed a lot of names around and settled on you and LT. We mainly wanted to keep suspicion away from us.
:WTF:

I was looking forward to this game :disappoint:
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

Nevinera wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Nev, as you coud tell from the end post we did not have our final picture yet. We could not win with you unless we had all four. We planned on voting for Devin in order to see that none of us got ynched and allowed us another day to search. We were down to three people left unchecked.
I totally didn't think I counted as a 'team' for the purposes of winning with you (LMS and all).
I have been running on an increasingly slim chance that I could kill one of you and then the other
once you'd wiped out all the competition. Yes, with my 10% attack. >.<
Honestly I didn't either. It was a stray comment to Alex about how I doubted we could win ow that everyone went rogue because we couldn't win with LMS that made him clarify that he counted e LMS as a team. However, up until FH flipped Morally Ambiguous, I thought you were Morally Ambiguous, you had me fooled. Glad we found our last photo last night or you would have been trying to kill me. We could have gone for lynching you and gotten the FEB win as Last Men Standing, but we felt that we would not have survived without you throwing your vote in with ours so we did not want to kill you when we could win with you.

Props to Devin, I think he played a great game and I am excited for his first win!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

This game was so much fun MP. It's very freeing to only have to stay alive and kill.

I'm sorry that epig didn't get to be my bitch a little longer. I've never had a bitch before. :sigh:

I was pretty sure that Cohen was going to succeed in killing me because I didn't trust the only plasmid I had left, to help me survive, so I tried hard to get devin lynched. But I congratulate the winners!

And yes, nev, epig felt really bad that I recruited him. :blush:

I'm sorry for killing a gleam on the first night. When I sent my kill pm, he hadn't posted since the start of the game, and I randomized him between a handful of players who weren't posting. Then I came back the next day and discovered he had started posting. But I seldom make changes late in the day, and didn't really think my kill would succeed anyway. I felt bad when it did.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, sorry to the Guardians, we actually had every intention of lending you our voting support, but Rusti died so quickly, and the code was apparently too subtle since we missed it when a hedge used it until she made it super blatant and by then it was too late. I doubt you guys trusted us after that, but we were not double crossing you we were just clueless, lol.

Linki: Mata, you played that really well. I could not figure out why you were ot getting that I was saying you were able to win with us, lol. When you flipped everything clicked, I can't blame you for trying so hard to get Devin lynched. He still had two protects though, so even if he had won the lynch that day instead of you (which came down to a coin flip in fact), he would not have died. I was impressed when I saw who you were, that was an excellent play on your part.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, if any of you aren't already signed up for my Homestar Runner game, you totally should. After a crazy screw with your brain game like this one, a more straight forward silly game is exactly the ticket! Come play, only seven spots left!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by A Person »

It's a good thing I died as soon as it started because there were many periods during which i couldn't've played
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

...and now that the game is over, I'm still completely lost. I was, as I said, a pretty useless civvie. This was by far the hardest game to sub into ever. Fortunately, or unfortunately, (I dont know if it helped us or not) I can read bad Ajira. My only contribution to this game, other than bugging the hell out of MP trying to loot people!

Congrats, winners!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

PS. I see no option the poll that I would vote for so I am bolding my vote in the thread.

I will most likely play Bioshock infinite mafia, however I will play from the beginning and not sub in!!! :p :p ;)
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Thanks daisy! I can't remember for sure, but I think devin might have been the only person I tried to kill twice. I'm not sure, maybe I tried someone else twice, but I can't remember. Who kept blocking me with bees? :p
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Matahari wrote:Thanks daisy! I can't remember for sure, but I think devin might have been the only person I tried to kill twice. I'm not sure, maybe I tried someone else twice, but I can't remember. Who kept blocking me with bees? :p
Think I may have done that once
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Snow Dog wrote:
Matahari wrote:Thanks daisy! I can't remember for sure, but I think devin might have been the only person I tried to kill twice. I'm not sure, maybe I tried someone else twice, but I can't remember. Who kept blocking me with bees? :p
And where does a snow dog find bees, hmmm? :fishslap:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Nev, as you coud tell from the end post we did not have our final picture yet. We could not win with you unless we had all four. We planned on voting for Devin in order to see that none of us got ynched and allowed us another day to search. We were down to three people left unchecked.
I totally didn't think I counted as a 'team' for the purposes of winning with you (LMS and all).
I have been running on an increasingly slim chance that I could kill one of you and then the other
Honestly I didn't either. It was a stray comment to Alex about how I doubted we could win ow that everyone went rogue because we couldn't win with LMS that made him clarify that he counted e LMS as a team. However, up until FH flipped Morally Ambiguous, I thought you were Morally Ambiguous, you had me fooled. Glad we found our last photo last night or you would have been trying to kill me. We could have gone for lynching you and gotten the FEB win as Last Men Standing, but we felt that we would not have survived without you throwing your vote in with ours so we did not want to kill you when we could win with you.

Props to Devin, I think he played a great game and I am excited for his first win!

Seriously?? LMS was a separate team?? That's what I made a big fuss about in the forum with Alex. i was trying to figure out how the win conditions would work. :haha:

As for the code, I was the last guardian since epi was taken. Nev and Epi didnt know what the code was since russ hadnt told us until after we figured out Epi was permanently gone. So when I died I was trying to let you know not to trust Nev. You didnt know we were all dead though. Devin is right, you wouldnt have won with me because I didnt have any killing power and made myself too suspicous going for Nev.

Fun game Alex! Soulcrushing when your team you've spent weeks talking to every morning is gone in one day, and you are left alone with no big daddy in a sea of LMS players! :overreact:

But fun! :mafia:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

:blush:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Snow Dog wrote:
Thank you! :biggrin:

I picked a really good time to use my target dummy, too :p

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

And Alex, you did an incredible job reflecting the spirit of this amazing game over to Mafia! Your translation of plasmid usage was brilliant and the tension was so thick at times I could cut it with a knife. Bravo on a job well done Mr. Sock! I look forward to your Bioshock Infinite game!

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Kate wrote:

Lol, very smart of you, probably saved your life :p I think I deflected to you once or twice. :D
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matahari wrote:
Kate wrote:

Lol, very smart of you, probably saved your life :p I think I deflected to you once or twice. :D
It was very lucky that I saved it! I only picked up 2 plasmids during the entire game!
I used the insect swarm on Nev on the very last night... Just in case he did try to kill one of us ;)

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

He did, actually. And used insect swarm on both of you also.

I'm glad you got the swarm off, but my odds were never good to begin with :-P
By the last night I was figuring my chances thusly:
35% chance of killing daisy (using my 10% plus electro 25%)
and then a 10% chance of killing you every night while you took a 30% swipe at me every night.
My chance of victory was in the realm of 4 percent, and there was a 1 percent chance that nobody survived the game at all!
(not a common outcome, eh?)

If you had been a little more direct, I probably would have skipped my attack - something like "Reread the win conditions and ask MP" would have definitely sufficed. But you didn't need to, since you had the swarm.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Epic had already warned me that nev was fairly powered up with plasmids, so I knew I couldn't compete on that level, especially with him getting lynched. :( but I decided to try surviving a little longer anyway. I was happy to see the winners win!

I got to do my favorite thing all game, kill with gleeful abandon ;airguitar: who could ask for more fun than that?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

SD did say we were definitely going to try to win with you. But I thought I might as well use the swarm while I had it. That's great that you were willing to take on those odds to win, though!

Mata, you put up a great fight, too! I did start pulling at straws when I was calling you a Guardian :blush: And I still can't I only kept my lives because I beat you in a coin toss.

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Devin, it was so much fun, and so different. I'm so glad I got to meet all these people I've never played with, I'm amazed at how polite everyone was! I still feel bad about agleaminranks, maybe he can kill me sometime soon!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I feel bad for Agleaminranks, too! That was a pretty rough way to go. And apparently he died pretty early in the Mario game, too. I can definitely relate to that part. Until this game I have died on the first day/night in ALL of my previous games. So this was a nice change :)

Also, EBWOP: "believe" was supposed to be in between "can't" and "I" in my last post.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, thanks to all of you again. This is perhaps now my favorite game that I've hosted of any I have thus far (and it has very stiff competition -- both Avant-Garde installments were great fun), and I look forward to my next venture (likely Fight Club, but we shall see), and hopefully will see many of you there.

FH, to answer your question regarding Bioshock Infinite, it is an incredibly massive undertaking and I'm not sure I plan on submitting it in the next game poll, so it might be quite a while. I really want to spend some serious time on it and I have a few other games that are much higher on the completion % that logically make more sense to host prior to that. That being said, I am prepping for it, and I am super psyched -- I think, like the original, Infinite lends itself perfectly to crafting a unique mafia experience.

I felt terrible for the ADAM Guardians when Epignosis was recruited and they were steamrolled on the infamous Night 8. That was insane; it was truly something else to watch them go from being on the top of the world to being crushed into oblivion. I've never seen a team fall THAT hard before so quickly, especially after the addition of Russtifinko. I also felt terrible for Gleam and A Person, but someone had to die early on, and I suppose it just turned out to be them.

To address my mechanic of the Hypnotize Big Daddy plasmid, only a few of those went around, and I predicted the chances of seeing one of them actually come into play was pretty small -- so I was pleasantly surprised when Epignosis sent in the kill for Nevinera. It was genius, Nevinera had picked up that plasmid, used it right away, and then started drawing attention to himself that night period, and it worked. As such, Epignosis, you became sort of a fluke, as the chances of any one player knowing that many other players' roles was pretty remote. It was interesting to see play out though, and I think you played an excellent game.

That said, the Guardians played such an amazing game, and managed to avoid suspicion for so long. I was actually starting to wonder how much they would dominate the game, but I knew there would be many other factors in play. I actually planned out a few mock Bioshock scenarios before the game started, and there was really so much variation that it was impossible to predict what could even happen this game at nearly any time (until the very end).

From the beginning of the game, there was speculation that the Plasmids would have some adverse effect, and I was pleased to see that even those who were familiar with the game's theme were split nearly 50/50 on whether taking and utilizing them would be beneficial or not. In reality, there were absolutely no side effects to them, but I didn't mind making people think there would be. :feb:

As to Devin's win, he definitively deserved it, and I was so glad to see him win his first game. While he played a great game, I have to say, he wins the game's most lucky son of a bitch award, because not only did he survive until the end, but he somehow did not even lose either of his two kill protects. For the first half of the game, he was targeted at night once, drew next to no suspicion for votes, and thereafter used his Target Dummy at the perfect time (ironically, this was the plasmid he won in Day 0, so he was full of all kinds of protection).

Speaking of which.... I forgot to post this earlier:

Day 0 Poll: Detail

Poll options:
- Sign me up! A free Plasmid is a free Plasmid!
- Root canal? Nah, I’ll pass.
- I already have all the Plasmids I need! (host, non-players)

Security Bots, Big Daddies, Little Sisters, and Dr. Suchong could receive a Plasmid, but will not be able to use it.

Player 1: Incinerate! 1 - birdwithteeth11
Player 2: Electro Bolt 1 - thellama73
Player 3: Telekinesis 1 - DharmaHelper
Player 4: Insect Swarm 1 - juliets
Player 5: Enrage - Matahari
Player 6: Target Dummy - DisgruntledPorcupine
Player 7: Security Bullseye - Nevinera
Player 8: Hypnotize Big Daddy - Elohcin
Player 9: Security Bullseye - Flyin' High
Player 10: Target Dummy - Devin the Omniscient
Player 11: Enrage - >SpaghettiEverywhere
Player 12: Insect Swarm 1 - Mongoose
Player 13: Telekinesis 1 - BoatsBoatsBoats
Player 14: Electro Bolt 1 - G.O.B.
Player 15: Incinerate! 1 - Snow Dog

Nevinera wrote:

MP: Are we allowed to donate our wins? Because I still feel like I cheated Hedge out of the game :-\

To expose some details of my very odd game, I got a big-daddy hypnotize plasmid and snatched Epig with it pretty early. It appears that someone else stole him from me shortly before you lynched him (Mata I think?), but having btsc with him gave me access to a crazy amount of information, that suddenly became much less useful when Ryan died. At that point, knowing who the baddies all were (including Devin and Daisy) did me very little good directly, so I started trying to turn information into authority - next time I try to do that I'll be more circumspect and less info-dump-ey of course. Anyway, it apparently worked sufficiently well to keep me off the lynch docket through the end of the game.
No, you deserved every bit of this win, so keep it, though I understand and appreciate your humility. It's okay, you're still relatively new, and with every mafia experience there's something to learn, especially with regards to mafia etiquette (as you pointed out, I never explicitly said anything in the rules about "info dumping", something I'll have to do in the future). While Hedgeowl played an outstanding game and she did unfairly get taken out, sometimes these things happen in mafia, for any variety of reasons, and it would be impossible to go back in time to that very moment and undo your info dumping and re-play the entire set of circumstances.

Your move was ballsy and I'm surprised that it bought you some serious civvie cred. I didn't punish you because you had just barely not crossed that ever-elusive fine line, and given your level of experience (which is ever climbing), and that there really wasn't reason for me to do so. After Night 8, Hedgeowl's chances of winning were really close to 0%. Fortunately, she is a formidable player, so I'm certain she'll be winning a game here any day now.

Live and learn, so no worries.

Hedgeowl wrote:Oh and why were people not using their plasmids huh? Do you know how long it took me to get a vote? I dont think Bullz even had a vote when he died. I finally had two votes when I died. Thanks bea 2.0 and Mongoose (i looted you for ADAM the night were rezzed).

We didnt know what Snows gifts were, but we assumed plasmids. We were sending them later in the game to people we hoped to kill or lynch so they could use the plasmid so Bullz and I could search them for ADAM when dead.
This is a good question. I was surprised myself to not see more people using plasmids earlier on in the game; I definitely thought there would be more of a mad rush to utilize them.

That's exactly how I intended that portion of Snow's role to be played out; I figured you guys would catch on. Especially since Snow was immune to plasmids and the Daddies had solid protection, it would actually have benefited your team to have the maximum amount of plasmids going around, with LMS and other non-Guardians players killing each other off.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My team can tell you that I almost changed my kill because Nev was acting like he was ASKING for a kill. This behavior did not escape our attention.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, regarding self-votes, this game is definitely far away holds the record for most self-votes in a mafia game, ever. I actually lost track, so I just went through my spreadsheet and counted them right now.

There were 15.

Linki with Epig: Could you imagine how much that would have changed the game right there? There were truly so many variables this game at any given time, more so than most other games, and more than any other game I've ever hosted.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

MP, speaking of people dying early in games, I'm working on an idea now, for someone to try in a game. It involves a 3 day random button in the poll, linked to resurrections - but I'll post it in the mafia discussion section when I have time.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Great job, again Alex! Thanks for the amazing game! And take your time on the Bioshock Infinite game. I'm sure it will be beyond epic! Until then I will just use my extra time to replay the actual game :)

Also, just realized I said I only picked up 2 plasmids in the whole game. It was actually 3 because I also mentioned incinerating INH :facepalm:
:|

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:

hey Dom about your early suspicion of me. You know withy my comment about lynching Agleamingranks? I would have said the same thing if I had been civ or bad. It was stupid to post it though being bad.
My suspicion of you came from your reaction to my initial ping, but fair enough... ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

Wow, Devin, that was your first game? I would not have guessed.

I am still really confused, but I enjoyed my team. I had a blast with you guys, and it was so fun to watch the game after I died and see you doing well. (Even if I was a bit confused.)

Also... Mafia of the Absurd on HV is going to start the beginnings of August, and there are 2 more roles open if anyone wants to sign up. :biggrin: Otherwise we're starting beginning of August and cutting a couple. :srsnod:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Indi and Dex are the most awesome of awesome, so I recommend playing their game. Or playing Homestar. Or both! :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

indiglo wrote:Wow, Devin, that was your first game? I would not have guessed.

I am still really confused, but I enjoyed my team. I had a blast with you guys, and it was so fun to watch the game after I died and see you doing well. (Even if I was a bit confused.)

Also... Mafia of the Absurd on HV is going to start the beginnings of August, and there are 2 more roles open if anyone wants to sign up. :biggrin: Otherwise we're starting beginning of August and cutting a couple. :srsnod:
I would sign up, but I'm gonna be playing one, hosting another, and starting school (probably). :/ I'd love to play though.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Indi, that was not Devin's first game, it was his first win though.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”