Lyin' Ted (host/dead/non)
33%

Total votes: 6
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 307

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 2

Post by Golden »

And Jay is right that there is no value in defending against me. I'm voting for you today, because I think you've been rumbled by Scotty's flip, and nothing you say will change that.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:And Jay is right that there is no value in defending against me. I'm voting for you today, because I think you've been rumbled by Scotty's flip, and nothing you say will change that.
Cool.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 820
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would really like to know your read on Golden, Quin.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 184

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Night 1

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:We start out with Scotty being the first one to vote for Leetic, presumably hoping to start a trend. He manages to convince Boomslang, rest his soul, but people aren't buying it. As Scotty gets more and more votes, the mafia obviously have to start sweating. What happened after I cast the 4th vote for Scotty, putting him two votes ahead of Leetic? 3J, Sloonei, and Rico pounce on my post, and now the lynch is tied at 4-3-2, putting Scotty a single vote away from tying things up.

I think it's naive to assume all the other baddies decided to just cannibalize Scotty.

I think it's naive to assume that the baddies wouldn't pounce on a last second lynch candidate who could possibly beat Scotty.

I think it's naive to think that there isn't a single baddie in my voters.
I don't blame you for considering this scenario. I considered it myself at least briefly regarding Sloonei. The reason I have decided I don't care about it is that it developed so late in the phase that it was never truly likely to result in your lynch. It was a hail mary, and Scotty's team mates would have to be incredibly sloppy to even try that under the circumstances. I wouldn't call either Sloonei or Ricochet the sloppy types.

I know I switched from leetic to you because I was genuinely inspired to do so at EOD, and I get the impression Sloonei was in the same boat. I'm less clear on Rico's vote, so that's something he could talk about.
That doesn't match my interpretation of your actions. Here's one such action that has received almost zero scrunity whatsoever:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Moreover, anyone who sees that post right now and leaves their vote on Scotty is obligated to explain why it isn't sufficient to change your mind.
You fought to get INH lynched instead of Scotty. Did anybody forget about that?

True or false: Had 3J been almost anybody else, he would have been summarily lynched today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 142

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:We start out with Scotty being the first one to vote for Leetic, presumably hoping to start a trend. He manages to convince Boomslang, rest his soul, but people aren't buying it. As Scotty gets more and more votes, the mafia obviously have to start sweating. What happened after I cast the 4th vote for Scotty, putting him two votes ahead of Leetic? 3J, Sloonei, and Rico pounce on my post, and now the lynch is tied at 4-3-2, putting Scotty a single vote away from tying things up.

I think it's naive to assume all the other baddies decided to just cannibalize Scotty.

I think it's naive to assume that the baddies wouldn't pounce on a last second lynch candidate who could possibly beat Scotty.

I think it's naive to think that there isn't a single baddie in my voters.
I don't blame you for considering this scenario. I considered it myself at least briefly regarding Sloonei. The reason I have decided I don't care about it is that it developed so late in the phase that it was never truly likely to result in your lynch. It was a hail mary, and Scotty's team mates would have to be incredibly sloppy to even try that under the circumstances. I wouldn't call either Sloonei or Ricochet the sloppy types.

I know I switched from leetic to you because I was genuinely inspired to do so at EOD, and I get the impression Sloonei was in the same boat. I'm less clear on Rico's vote, so that's something he could talk about.
That doesn't match my interpretation of your actions. Here's one such action that has received almost zero scrunity whatsoever:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Moreover, anyone who sees that post right now and leaves their vote on Scotty is obligated to explain why it isn't sufficient to change your mind.

True or false: Had 3J been almost anybody else, he would have been summarily lynched today.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I mentioned town-reading INH now, so I'm going to elaborate on that point.

I could go either way with his accused democrat slip i.e this post:
I think JJJ is my strongest Republican read right now. He's just randomly throwing admittedly false facts around, and when pressed on whether they're even true, he just shrugs and says "Who Cares?" while saying that anyone who doesn't think with their gut and accept his emotion based ideas as fact is a darn high-faluttin' wafler who's to much of a damn pansy to make a stand.

He's pretty much symbolic of the current state of the GOP.
I didn't look much into it last time, but now I'm thinking it's not something I could make a case against him with (for either alignment), but it's something that should not be forgotten. He does make a bit of a 'joke' about how he thought 3J was trying to bait a reaction from him, which I think is a little...overeager?

He does seem better to me from this point. He's intentionally trying to make sure 3J isn't gathering the influence he usually gets. While he (at this moment) appears to civ read Jay, I like the way he's approaching this because I don't trust 3J for a second in this game. That's something I'll look at more deeply in another post.

I see where Sloonei could interpret that INH was trying to shift blame onto Sloonei in advance. I think I asked Sloonei this question before, but I don't remember getting an answer. What does it mean for INH now that Scotty flipped bad?

He's throwing soft suspicion against 3J, highlighting the flip-floppiness of his INH read. Good.

He explains his Scotty vote more, with 3 reasonings 1) He was suspicious of Scotty 2) He hated the leetic wagon 3) He wanted to test Sloonei.INH, what does this mean for Sloonei knowing that he was not on the Scotty wagon and he flipped bad?

Claims again that Scotty's case was more substantial than leetic, which is true.

He analyses the voting pattern in pretty good depth. What are your GTH's on Sloonei, Rico and 3J?
I guess his next post answers that, he's GTH bad on Rico and 3J, and town on Sloonei.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:True or false: Had 3J been almost anybody else, he would have been summarily lynched today.
False, I would hope. Quin is far more obviously bad than Jay at this time.

Scotty flipped town and his teammates would have known it was going to happen. I find it far less suspicious seeing Jay fight against that lynch than Quin lining up his next target based on a town flip.

Don't forget, scotty himself didn't try voting to save himself...
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:And Jay is right that there is no value in defending against me. I'm voting for you today, because I think you've been rumbled by Scotty's flip, and nothing you say will change that.
I don't like this post. I agree that Quin's interactions with Scotty don't look great, but all this posturing and "don't even try to defend yourself's have done more to dissuade me from voting Quin than anything Quin has actually said.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Voting 3J. I'll ISO him now for a more concrete reasoning, but right now I think he's hella bad.

Of course, he'll get his Golden ISO after that.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:That doesn't match my interpretation of your actions. Here's one such action that has received almost zero scrunity whatsoever:
I did fight to get INH lynched instead of Scotty. There's no need for anyone to forget that when I have openly talked about it since it happened. Scotty's post in which he lamented that his efforts to generate real Day 1 reads, was one that I thought looked genuine. I took that emotional read, and I pursued it as I always would in my town skin -- I tried to lynch someone else. INH was an option I liked, and with Sloonei's mutual inspiration I made the attempt. Scotty was bad, so I was wrong. Shit happens.

The easy and correct move for a team mate of Scotty in my position is to bus him. The probability that he would be lynched was always quite high even with the late INH wagon's development.
Epignosis wrote:True or false: Had 3J been almost anybody else, he would have been summarily lynched today.
If I survive better than "almost anybody else". it's because I explain myself better -- not because I should be lynched. I might even agree with you: what I did might get people lynched in many alternate universes. And each time it'd be a poor lynch. The behavior being associated with me is very sloppy. I am not sloppy. Most people aren't that sloppy.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:

Scotty flipped town and his teammates would have known it was going to happen. I find it far less suspicious seeing Jay fight against that lynch than Quin lining up his next target based on a town flip.

Scotty voted Leetic, who looked like a pretty popular lynch candidate for a while.

And seriously, someone trying to start a train against a baddie candidate is less suspicious than Quin tossing a vote Sloonei's way?

Golden, I don't hate your Quin case, but you gotta get off your high horse of hyperbole and let your facts speak for themselves.

Epi asked you about 3J, and you still found a way to drag Quin through the mud.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:Beck, Epi, insertnamehere, leetic, Metalmarsh, reywaS, and SVS: Got any thoughts?
I know I said I'd be around yesterday. Oops...

Well I'm here today and catching up. I'm not interested in the Golden/Jay/Ricochet love triangle, because politics only works when there's two parties. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: The easy and correct move for a team mate of Scotty in my position is to bus him. The probability that he would be lynched was always quite high even with the late INH wagon's development.
If I survive better than "almost anybody else". it's because I explain myself better -- not because I should be lynched. I might even agree with you: what I did might get people lynched in many alternate universes. And each time it'd be a poor lynch. The behavior being associated with me is very sloppy. I am not sloppy. Most people aren't that sloppy.
wouldya just getta whiff of this wifom?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: The easy and correct move for a team mate of Scotty in my position is to bus him. The probability that he would be lynched was always quite high even with the late INH wagon's development.
WIFOM is behavior associated with every alignment. I will continue to speak in WIFOM as long as argument demands it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epi, would you be up for a 3J lynch today?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
WIFOM is behavior associated with every alignment. I will continue to speak in WIFOM as long as argument demands it.
I don't think WIFOM necessarily is alignment indicative.

I do however believe it means jack shit.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@inh - if you choose who you suspect based on my 'high horse of hyperbole' instead of letting the facts speak for themselves, then you are choosing to let things influence you that shouldn't.

I'm not getting in between you and the facts. You are perfectly capable of reading the facts for yourself.

Epi asked if Jay would be summarily lynched if he was anyone else. My answer is I hope not because even if Jay was someone else Quin should be more suspicious. That is an answer, not a 'way to drag Quin through the mud'.

The fact you'd use that sentence at all is odd to me - a civilian giving their read is not 'dragging someone through the mud', so am I to take it you suspect me?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:Epi, would you be up for a 3J lynch today?
The thing epi points out is the opposite of what a scotty teammate would do in the circumstances. Scotty was patently aiming to flip and flip town. If anything, the thing epi quoted is the biggest indicator we have that Jay is town.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:I do however believe it means jack shit.
Only to people who are afraid to make the necessary judgment. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:@inh - if you choose who you suspect based on my 'high horse of hyperbole' instead of letting the facts speak for themselves, then you are choosing to let things influence you that shouldn't.

I'm not getting in between you and the facts. You are perfectly capable of reading the facts for yourself.

Epi asked if Jay would be summarily lynched if he was anyone else. My answer is I hope not because even if Jay was someone else Quin should be more suspicious. That is an answer, not a 'way to drag Quin through the mud'.

The fact you'd use that sentence at all is odd to me - a civilian giving their read is not 'dragging someone through the mud', so am I to take it you suspect me?
We get it, you suspect Quin. You laid out a pretty solid case against him. I just find your constant bringing him up even if he isn't relevant to the situation, plus telling Quin "not to even try to defend himself" to be weird. And you pouncing on me because I questioned the way you are selling your case, not the case itself, doesn't lessen my feeling of strangeness.

Not saying I suspect you, or that I don't find Quin suspicious, but I think you're acting a bit too squirrelly.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's a single specific thing I'd be expecting from a town Quin right now and I have not seen it yet. I will wait for the promised ISOs, but this day phase has few enough waking hours left that I cannot wait forever.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There's a single specific thing I'd be expecting from a town Quin right now and I have not seen it yet. I will wait for the promised ISOs, but this day phase has few enough waking hours left that I cannot wait forever.
If you think I have a tell, you're wrong buddy.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There's a single specific thing I'd be expecting from a town Quin right now and I have not seen it yet. I will wait for the promised ISOs, but this day phase has few enough waking hours left that I cannot wait forever.
I don't. Do your shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Class, I have another assignment for you:

If I had taken votes instead of Scotty, do you believe MM would have moved his vote elsewhere?
Hard to say.

I don't believe I had good reason to vote for you by the end of the day. But I also don't think I would have switched my vote unless I felt strongly enough to. Hence my staying on Scotty even when Jay pressured me to vote elsewhere.

Linki: oh my word...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:
Are you a member of the mafia, Quin?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:@inh - if you choose who you suspect based on my 'high horse of hyperbole' instead of letting the facts speak for themselves, then you are choosing to let things influence you that shouldn't.

We get it, you suspect Quin. You laid out a pretty solid case against him. I just find your constant bringing him up even if he isn't relevant to the situation, plus telling Quin "not to even try to defend himself" to be weird. And you pouncing on me because I questioned the way you are selling your case, not the case itself, doesn't lessen my feeling of strangeness.

Not saying I suspect you, or that I don't find Quin suspicious, but I think you're acting a bit too squirrelly.
I guess I've been spoiled by the mafia champs. I'm pouncing on you because taking 'how I'm selling the case' into consideration is subpar town play. It's pointless and meaningless. Either you like the case or you don't - how you feel about me isn't relevant. Unless you think I'm mafia and suspect me, which is a different thing.

If Quin is bad, does it matter that I was arrogant about it? What are you trying to do here, win the game for the town, or make me less mean?

And I didn't bring it up when it wasn't relevant to the situation, and it's silly of you to continue making out like I did. Epi asked if Jay should be lynched today if he was anyone else. My answer is no because Quin is the correct lynch today 100% of the time. That isn't irrelevant. Quin is literally the reason for my answer. The only other possible thing I could do is ignore epignosis, because I could not have answered the question without mentioning quin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:

Was he the only one doing that?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nope.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, thinking I'm not going to harp on quin when I feel 100% correct, or thinking I'd change my mind through defences is... naive, for anyone who knows me.

@Epi - got anyone else in mind?

How about this - what do YOU think of quin? You helped nail scotty to the wall, so why are you less inclined to nail quin to the wall afterwards?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think Epignosis wants to lynch the noisy people.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nope.
Would you do me a solid and tell me who is? There's a good chap.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:
The thing epi points out is the opposite of what a scotty teammate would do in the circumstances. Scotty was patently aiming to flip and flip town. If anything, the thing epi quoted is the biggest indicator we have that Jay is town.
This is making the massive assumption that Scotty was resigned to his eventual fate, and told his scumbuddies to hop on board his train.

I don't necessarily buy that assumption.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Let me put it out there that more than half the reason I'm even is the spotlight is because of how Scotty incriminated me. It's being said constantly that I have minimal to do with my own lynch. I'd expect pretty much all of you to realise Scotty was obviously setting me up for this.

linki: On a glance; Scotty, 3J and you.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:It's being said constantly that I have minimal to do with my own lynch. I'd expect pretty much all of you to realise Scotty was obviously setting me up for this.
Could be. The "I don't know, I guess GTH bad" thing of his that got this all started is something I could see as intentional fudge. I'd do that. That's just one point among various though.

My read on you almost entirely hinges on what you do next anyway. So you just keep busy and I'll watch my [American] football game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

I guess I've been spoiled by the mafia champs. I'm pouncing on you because taking 'how I'm selling the case' into consideration is subpar town play. It's pointless and meaningless. Either you like the case or you don't - how you feel about me isn't relevant. Unless you think I'm mafia and suspect me, which is a different thing.

If Quin is bad, does it matter that I was arrogant about it? What are you trying to do here, win the game for the town, or make me less mean?

And I didn't bring it up when it wasn't relevant to the situation, and it's silly of you to continue making out like I did. Epi asked if Jay should be lynched today if he was anyone else. My answer is no because Quin is the correct lynch today 100% of the time. That isn't irrelevant. Quin is literally the reason for my answer. The only other possible thing I could do is ignore epignosis, because I could not have answered the question without mentioning quin.
I think everything is relevant in a game of mafia, and discouraging people from looking into things too closely is the antithesis of productive town play.

I thought your attitude was over-the-top and out of place. This is important information to keep in my back pocket in case a number of things happen.

Everything is important, and everyone and everything should be scrutinized. Nobody should feel comfortable and confident in a game of mafia. If they are, that's worth nothing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:
This is making the massive assumption that Scotty was resigned to his eventual fate, and told his scumbuddies to hop on board his train.

No, I don't think scotty 'told his scumbuddies to hop on his train'. I also don't think scotty made any real effort to save himself.

I think scotty was playing both sides of the fence, believing that him being lynched wasn't going to spew out his teammates. I have never seen teammates make a concerted effort to save a seemer, and I don't think that would have started in this game. Can you ever recall seeing the teammate of a seemer making a concerted effort to shift the lynch off them?

The point here is not that scotty was resigned to dying. The point is scum probably felt fine either way, and it is not particularly logical to think that they would be pushing to save scotty.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

[quote="insertnamehere']
I think everything is relevant in a game of mafia, and discouraging people from looking into things too closely is the antithesis of productive town play.

I thought your attitude was over-the-top and out of place. This is important information to keep in my back pocket in case a number of things happen.

Everything is important, and everyone and everything should be scrutinized. Nobody should feel comfortable and confident in a game of mafia. If they are, that's worth nothing.[/quote]
Noting not nothing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:It's being said constantly that I have minimal to do with my own lynch. I'd expect pretty much all of you to realise Scotty was obviously setting me up for this.
Could be. The "I don't know, I guess GTH bad" thing of his that got this all started is something I could see as intentional fudge. I'd do that. That's just one point among various though.

My read on you almost entirely hinges on what you do next anyway. So you just keep busy and I'll watch my [American] football game.
Are you going to share what you were looking for with the class afterwards?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Are you going to share what you were looking for with the class afterwards?
Probably.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:

No, I don't think scotty 'told his scumbuddies to hop on his train'. I also don't think scotty made any real effort to save himself.

I think scotty was playing both sides of the fence, believing that him being lynched wasn't going to spew out his teammates. I have never seen teammates make a concerted effort to save a seemer, and I don't think that would have started in this game. Can you ever recall seeing the teammate of a seemer making a concerted effort to shift the lynch off them?

The point here is not that scotty was resigned to dying. The point is scum probably felt fine either way, and it is not particularly logical to think that they would be pushing to save scotty.
We don't know Scotty's precise role, and what in fact caused him to initially flip civ and then flip scum. We don't know shit.

Stop assuming that you know what Scotty's role is, and stop assuming that you know exactly how his teammates would act. I don't think there's any evidence to all of these bold claims you're making, and you're beginning to really unsettle me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Meanwhile, self-styled mafia guru 3J has set himself up in a situation where he can go either way on Quin depending on how the wind blows, and pull some reason out of his posterior when he does so.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Meanwhile, self-styled mafia guru 3J has set himself up in a situation where he can go either way on Quin depending on how the wind blows, and pull some reason out of his posterior when he does so.
You have no idea what I'm doing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That doesn't match my interpretation of your actions. Here's one such action that has received almost zero scrunity whatsoever:
I did fight to get INH lynched instead of Scotty. There's no need for anyone to forget that when I have openly talked about it since it happened. Scotty's post in which he lamented that his efforts to generate real Day 1 reads, was one that I thought looked genuine. I took that emotional read, and I pursued it as I always would in my town skin -- I tried to lynch someone else. INH was an option I liked, and with Sloonei's mutual inspiration I made the attempt. Scotty was bad, so I was wrong. Shit happens.

The easy and correct move for a team mate of Scotty in my position is to bus him. The probability that he would be lynched was always quite high even with the late INH wagon's development.
I have been bad on The Syndicate a total of seventeen times, I count. I've won nine of those times. Do you know how many times I threw a teammate under the bus? Once. And I did it at the outset just because I had never done it before, wanted to try it, and my teammate was cool with it. It was planned early on. No pressure.

Why is the correct move also the easy move?

And if you believe that, then why aren't you considering the people who supposedly threw Scotty under the bus?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
If I survive better than "almost anybody else". it's because I explain myself better -- not because I should be lynched.
I don't get lynched a lot either. I know how to talk too. Being bad and blatantly defending a teammate at the end of the day depends on that skill.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I might even agree with you: what I did might get people lynched in many alternate universes. And each time it'd be a poor lynch. The behavior being associated with me is very sloppy. I am not sloppy. Most people aren't that sloppy.
I've been bad and sloppy and won.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DrWilgy »

Im always sloppy
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, inh, whatever. You do you.

I'll assume whatever I want because I find baddies that way. I know a bit about game design and I've got a pretty good track record of figuring out things through assumptions. Unless epi is hosting, who knows what his games are up to.

You can run around with paranoia that the obvious isn't a known fact if you like, but you can't deny that what I've put forward is entirely logical and is a good theory of the game. The only reason it's bothering you is because you don't like that I'm being arrogant about it, and that's paranoia speaking.

In the end, I think you'll see that I'm right about quin... I hope it's today, if it's not then whenever. The evidence is ample that quin is bad. If town lose keeping quin alive, I told you so.

This is why town keep losing games here. Instead of going 'this is a good case, it's probably about 80% odds of being right - do it and reevaluate', everyone spends too much time worrying about the 20% of times its wrong. Sometimes you just have to go with Occam's Razor. If you lynch quin and he's town, then come at me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also inh, answer this question...

Have you EVER seen a teammate try and save a seemer?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi, you too.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I have been bad on The Syndicate a total of seventeen times, I count. I've won nine of those times. Do you know how many times I threw a teammate under the bus? Once. And I did it at the outset just because I had never done it before, wanted to try it, and my teammate was cool with it. It was planned early on. No pressure.

Why is the correct move also the easy move?
You don't play like I play. I don't think you play like anybody plays except Epignosis. I don't really bus very often either, but certain scenarios demand it. The Scotty dilemma of Day 1 had two solutions, in my opinion, for a bad JJJ -- stay on leetic and promote that counterwagon, or bus Scotty. Jumping to a less viable INH counterwagon in the final half hour is not logical or efficient. It's pointless.
Epignosis wrote:And if you believe that, then why aren't you considering the people who supposedly threw Scotty under the bus?
INH voted for Scotty, and I have been talking about him as a premier suspect for most of this day phase. I have already explained why I am less inclined to suspect the others.
Epignosis wrote:I don't get lynched a lot either. I know how to talk too. Being bad and blatantly defending a teammate at the end of the day depends on that skill.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I might even agree with you: what I did might get people lynched in many alternate universes. And each time it'd be a poor lynch. The behavior being associated with me is very sloppy. I am not sloppy. Most people aren't that sloppy.
I've been bad and sloppy and won.
Okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was up for a 3J lynch yesterDay. I'm a patient fellow though, and my Internet is alive again.
Golden wrote:
What the hell did I quote?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:What the hell did I quote?
Epignosis wrote:

Return to “Previous Heists”