Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [Day 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I agree with your boomslang read, MP.

I'm not understanding your read on Jay, though. I don't really see him throwing out 'questions that need to be asked'. I see him trying to undermine people who have expressed shady reads of him, and not much more.

The question Jay asked of me was in essence the same question MP asked of me, but with less neutrality and more of an angle about his perception of how I should act (and so, painting my behaviour in a negative light). MP, without agenda, just asked me to explain my mindset. Completely different.

I don't trust Jay at all.
Maybe I'm being blindsided here. I think I need to ISO Jay at some point to clarify my thoughts on him, because my gut was finding him increasingly yucky for most of the game until recently, and since then I've felt he seems reasonable and genuine.
Never let him out of your sight #neverforgettransistor :suspish:
I feel like it's hard for me to judge Jay's content comparative to that game because:
1) We were teammates, and honestly as a result I paid less attention to his content than I would as town.
2) Although I was active in the beginning of that game, RL really dragged me away and I completely lost focus.

So I'll trust your perception or other players' perception of how his meta matches or doesn't match that game over my own, as a general rule.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jay, can you give me a rainbow? I'd like a rainbow.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 219

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I like Ninja. I called her out in the early game in Monkey Island and I think it got her to make a 'ninja-like' post over there to cover her trail, but she was bad (again, just going on what has been publicly seen).

I don't get the same sense from her here, of staying under the radar. I get more of a sense that she is genuinely reading the thread.
Talk to me more about this. What's a ninja-like post?
This.

Which I associate with her civ game but she made only after I voted for her in that game. Before that post, she had really done very little of substance in that game that even demonstrated she was reading the thread.

But I don't see her trying to fabricate one here just to get town reads. Her 'catch up' posts look more genuine, to me, that she actually is reading the thread but isn't trying to create a particular perspective of herself.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Point taken, but I didn't really have much of a choice. Either I respond to MP and get accused of appeasement, or I ignore him and keep the vote. You're being opportunistic with a situation I had no part in creating.
The thing is, I agree with the either/or premise and the rock/hard place nature of the scenario. It's similar to the point I made before: once someone casts suspicion based upon the provision of content, and provision of content which follows is open to that kind of assertion. So why did that assertion apply validly to me?
Because you didn't have the sword of a vote hanging over your head. You could have chosen to stick to your guns and withhold your reads until Day 1, which you said was the appropriate time to "make things happen." I don't think anyone would have faulted you for that consistency.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I suspect neither MP for saying "fellow" nor Dom for bringing it up. It's poop worth tossing.
Golden wrote:So, you see MP engaging in a bit of moustache twirling?

I do actually see your point - MP, why assume LoRab is a civvie? Surely that's implied by saying 'fellow civvies'?
Adverb alert. I don't think that was implied in what MP said. This seems like a trivial thing for Golden to bother with -- I'd expect him to be the guy dismissing this notion first.
Nothing is a 'trivial thing for me to bother with'. Minutiae can be where you catch people sometimes. The first time around, I read it as simply a treatise on MPs use of PoE, and I believed him when he affirmed that later. But there is no guarantees he wouldn't flounder around in self-justification for a town LoRab read if I had understood his mindset wrong.

I'll also just note I DID dismiss the notion first. But then I revisited it with fresh eyes. And then I dismissed it again. And I'm totally ok with that :slick:

I'm going about this game the wrong way if I presume my perspective, and not Dom's, is the correct one without even thinking of testing it.
My expectation stems from what I perceive to be a history of you turning away "scumslip" type assertions, a mindset I think you and I often share. I don't fault you though for engaging in a test or feel that it wasn't a test, and you haven't pressed the issue so I'll move on.
In Turf Wars, I got turned away by others on a genuine scumslip from ika when I should have known better.

I tend to think I'm good at seeing within the mindset of whether or not something is a turn of phrase or an accidental information drop. I do think the latter does happen from time to time. I know it does, in fact, because I did it myself in Gentleman's Guide.

I just think it happens much more rarely than people get accused of it. That doesn't mean it should not be questioned to come to an informed opinion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I like Ninja. I called her out in the early game in Monkey Island and I think it got her to make a 'ninja-like' post over there to cover her trail, but she was bad (again, just going on what has been publicly seen).

I don't get the same sense from her here, of staying under the radar. I get more of a sense that she is genuinely reading the thread.
Talk to me more about this. What's a ninja-like post?
This.

Which I associate with her civ game but she made only after I voted for her in that game. Before that post, she had really done very little of substance in that game that even demonstrated she was reading the thread.

But I don't see her trying to fabricate one here just to get town reads. Her 'catch up' posts look more genuine, to me, that she actually is reading the thread but isn't trying to create a particular perspective of herself.
That's a fair point. I do agree at face value that Blooper's recent content seems genuine, but I'd say it's still tough for me to judge anyone at this stage without any reads or stuff like that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, can you give me a rainbow? I'd like a rainbow.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 0] GY!BE Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:My true beef was with those two posts I highlighted in my follow-up post. As it was Day 0, I was mostly just trying to fling poo and put content in the thread. I did not put a whole lot of thought into the way I presented my case, I was just concerned with calling attention to a pattern I thought I was picking up on in your posts. In a lot of your Day 0 posts it appeared to me like you were tiptoeing around and trying not to do anything that would get yourself caught in any traps. Maybe this is just a product of an unusually chatty Day 0, but I am accustomed to you being an aggressive poo-flinger out of the gate.
I've said that I was restraining my tendency to fling copious amounts of poo because I didn't want to blow up the thread. That can be believed or not. It's a mindset I have adopted on a few Day 0s in recent memory.
Sloonei wrote:MP calls you out for what he perceives as a softball question and your response is "Yeah I guess. Or...". I concede that the explanation contained in that "or..." is a valid approach on Day 0/1, but I get the vibe that it came more from a defensive place than an honest one. On top of that, I think this post of yours lends some additional credibility to MP's accusation against you. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of resistance here. You prodded him but then pulled back as soon as he responded. Day 0 or not, I like my JJJ's to be more aggressive than that.
It wasn't an assertion I had a great deal of investment in. I only threw it out there because it popped into my head. I had even asserted MP looked good in relation to his introductory PoE dialogue, my read still trended more positive than not. Aggressiveness has its purpose, but sometimes it's also pointless.
Sloonei wrote:You said earlier that your "I guess" might as well be replaced by the shrug emoji, but that's exactly my point. You seem to be completely conceding whatever you had said prior to this point in the argument. As far as my suspicion is concerned, the content that comes after your first sentence is totally irrelevant. My suspicion is purely in the language you use here. "I guess I don't agree" suggests less confidence than simply "I don't agree." Town Jay has no reason to lack confidence when making the simple statement of opinion like this.
I don't understand what you're saying here. MP was basing his town read on INH on a premise that I didn't have as much faith in, and I said as much. It wasn't a qualification of something I had said before, but rather it was a response to MP's assertion. I really felt the entire conversation was eating up thread space and not making meaningful headway, at least not for me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Point taken, but I didn't really have much of a choice. Either I respond to MP and get accused of appeasement, or I ignore him and keep the vote. You're being opportunistic with a situation I had no part in creating.
The thing is, I agree with the either/or premise and the rock/hard place nature of the scenario. It's similar to the point I made before: once someone casts suspicion based upon the provision of content, and provision of content which follows is open to that kind of assertion. So why did that assertion apply validly to me?
Because you didn't have the sword of a vote hanging over your head. You could have chosen to stick to your guns and withhold your reads until Day 1, which you said was the appropriate time to "make things happen." I don't think anyone would have faulted you for that consistency.
Sword of Damocles?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I don't care about consistency. The thread was moving and I gave in to the instinct. I don't understand why the presence of a vote is such a meaningful variable. In either case, an accusation of appeasement is being levied.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Don't get me wrong, MP. I'd like to see some reads from ninja too. I just wanted to point out that I'm seeing her contribution a little differently, especially given she was your vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Day 0] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:Exhibit B:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I didn't see disdain from inh. He seemed to be fine with others using it, pointed out that it had a particular weakness in this game, and made it clear he wouldn't be using it. That's all perfectly reasonable.
Yeah, this was part of my point; as a member of the mafia, if he in reality feels so strongly against POE, he could have easily derailed the entire thread by responding in a more emotionally manipulative manner. Instead, he popped in, noticed a potential hole in my strategy, expressed his beefs, and then was basically like 'OK, you do you, I'll do me'. I would expect that a mafia INH might have been more tempted to respond more outrageously, or at least draw out the conversation more. He seemed intent to express his piece and then end it.
I guess I don't agree with this assertion. I don't think "emotional manipulation" is a typical circumstance in strategic dialogue regardless of alignment. Sometimes it gets heated when people don't understand each other like it did in Red vs. Blue, but that's an exception and not the rule in my experience (and in that game everyone involved minus Epi was town).
You said earlier that your "I guess" might as well be replaced by the shrug emoji, but that's exactly my point. You seem to be completely conceding whatever you had said prior to this point in the argument. As far as my suspicion is concerned, the content that comes after your first sentence is totally irrelevant. My suspicion is purely in the language you use here. "I guess I don't agree" suggests less confidence than simply "I don't agree." Town Jay has no reason to lack confidence when making the simple statement of opinion like this.
I find this most compelling out of anything you've said about Jay, Sloonei.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

If I had to pick a title of a Shakespeare play to describe the game so far, I'd have to go with Much Ado About Nothing.

Well, that or Henry VI, Part 1, purely based on the staggering amount of posts you people are spitting out.

Most are based after, the before mentioned Nothing, with the use of the word "fellow" and "just not trying hard enough" being the onuses of some particularly ridiculous stuff.

The game's now sort of collapsed into a hall of mirrors where everyone seems obsessed with everyone's reads on each other despite the fact that the only person who has done something is MP, who burst out of the gate and attempted to wrest control of the thread. Other than that it seems people are reading people based on their reads on other people which are based on other people's reads.

Going back to MP, if he didn't have the ol' POE shield to hide behind, I'd consider him my top suspicion. But, I find everything about the POE strategy suspicious and wrong, so my entire barometer's completely out of whack. I'm not exactly sure who elected him king of the thread, I must have missed that Day 0 poll, but he's sure acting like it what with the demands that people meet his standards of play and constant announcements about his own personal POE rankings which are mostly irrelevant to anyone that doesn't actively suspect him due to the fact that NOBODY ELSE IS USING POE IN THIS GAME. That, plus THE LARGE AMOUNT OF SECRETS AND CHICANERY INVOLVED IN THIS GAME MAKE POE STUPID EVEN BY POE STANDARDS. but hey, whatever floats your boat.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Re: Jay, I will admit that despite some mindmelding I've finally had with Jay, I'm still not gutmelding with him at all really. I'm not sure what that means, but he still seems 'devoid of emotion' (can't think of a better word/phrase) to me despite the ramp up in activity and accusations.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Don't get me wrong, MP. I'd like to see some reads from ninja too. I just wanted to point out that I'm seeing her contribution a little differently, especially given she was your vote.
No, I'm glad you brought it up. It's given me food for thought.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:If I had to pick a title of a Shakespeare play to describe the game so far, I'd have to go with Much Ado About Nothing.

Well, that or Henry VI, Part 1, purely based on the staggering amount of posts you people are spitting out.

Most are based after, the before mentioned Nothing, with the use of the word "fellow" and "just not trying hard enough" being the onuses of some particularly ridiculous stuff.

The game's now sort of collapsed into a hall of mirrors where everyone seems obsessed with everyone's reads on each other despite the fact that the only person who has done something is MP, who burst out of the gate and attempted to wrest control of the thread. Other than that it seems people are reading people based on their reads on other people which are based on other people's reads.

Going back to MP, if he didn't have the ol' POE shield to hide behind, I'd consider him my top suspicion. But, I find everything about the POE strategy suspicious and wrong, so my entire barometer's completely out of whack. I'm not exactly sure who elected him king of the thread, I must have missed that Day 0 poll, but he's sure acting like it what with the demands that people meet his standards of play and constant announcements about his own personal POE rankings which are mostly irrelevant to anyone that doesn't actively suspect him due to the fact that NOBODY ELSE IS USING POE IN THIS GAME. That, plus THE LARGE AMOUNT OF SECRETS AND CHICANERY INVOLVED IN THIS GAME MAKE POE STUPID EVEN BY POE STANDARDS. but hey, whatever floats your boat.
...I'm not even sure what to say to any of this, but I'll try:

I'm the only one who's done something, but you find me suspicious for it? Why?

And why are my thoughts irrelevant? Don't you care about my thoughts and reads so that you can make some attempt to discern whether I am being genuine or not?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, I now accept that disdain is an accurate word.

@inh - I think you should take a deep breath. You say 'let everyone play their own way', but you seem consistently unwilling to just let POEers POE without attacking the method.

We know you won't use it. That's cool. No need for all caps rants about it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How about gun to heads? That'd be more useful to me right now.

A Person -- bad
BWT -- good
Boomslang -- bad
Dom -- good
DrWilgy -- good
Epignosis -- good
Golden -- good
INH -- good
LoRab -- bad
MM -- good
MP -- good
ninja -- good
Scotty -- bad
sig -- bad
Sloonei -- good
timmer -- good
Trice -- good
Vomps -- good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Furthermore, INH, if you think the "fellow" and similar accusations are bunk, how does that develop into your reads about Dom, etc.? Are they being genuine? Do the accusations appear faked?

There's a lot of gold to be mined in this thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:OK, I now accept that disdain is an accurate word.

@inh - I think you should take a deep breath. You say 'let everyone play their own way', but you seem consistently unwilling to just let POEers POE without attacking the method.

We know you won't use it. That's cool. No need for all caps rants about it.
I will agree with that; my previous assessment of him for letting the conversation go clearly no longer applies. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Other than that it seems people are reading people based on their reads on other people which are based on other people's reads.
I think you just defined the game called Mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Other than that it seems people are reading people based on their reads on other people which are based on other people's reads.
Finally, something we can all agree on :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
How about gun to heads? That'd be more useful to me right now.

A Person -- bad
BWT -- good
Boomslang -- bad
Dom -- good
DrWilgy -- good
Epignosis -- good
Golden -- good
INH -- good
LoRab -- bad
MM -- good
MP -- good
ninja -- good
Scotty -- bad
sig -- bad
Sloonei -- good
timmer -- good
Trice -- good
Vomps -- good
This is cool, thanks. Let's chat.

Talk to me about the good reads for DrWilgy, Epignosis, Metalmarsh, Blooper, and Vompatti.

Talk to me about the bad reads for... well, all of them, except Boomslang and Scotty maybe since you've already talked about them to some degree.

I'm not looking for essays here because I know it's tough to judge some of these folks right now; I just want to pick your brain.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Finally, something we can all agree on :P
:haha: :clap:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I suspect neither MP for saying "fellow" nor Dom for bringing it up. It's poop worth tossing.

I do actually see your point - MP, why assume LoRab is a civvie? Surely that's implied by saying 'fellow civvies'?
Adverb alert. I don't think that was implied in what MP said. This seems like a trivial thing for Golden to bother with -- I'd expect him to be the guy dismissing this notion first.
Golden, I'd just like to hear you respond to this line of thinking:

Why did you assume what my point was?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:If I had to pick a title of a Shakespeare play to describe the game so far, I'd have to go with Much Ado About Nothing.

And why are my thoughts irrelevant? Don't you care about my thoughts and reads so that you can make some attempt to discern whether I am being genuine or not?
At this point, I'm not even sure I find you suspicious. You're the person I feel the most aggressively ambivalent about, if that makes sense.

I don't think your thoughts are irrelevant, but I do think you are tooting your own horn a little much. I know your name's on the site and all, but it is feeling kind of like you are forcibly trying to sieze control of the thread, and "solve the game" by reading into as much as humanly possible, and aggressively interrogating everyone. Given that I don't think very much of note has actually occured in the thread, it does feel like you are intentionally causing a bit of a frenzy.

This feels like had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP, which I haven't seen, maybe ever.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:

I was not aware I had assumed what your point was. Are you telling me I've misunderstood your point?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:

I was not aware I had assumed what your point was. Are you telling me I've misunderstood your point?
Have you read my posts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:This feels like had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP, which I haven't seen, maybe ever.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :faint:

There is still a person left on the planet who hadn't seen had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP!

(This is the only MP I know).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:

Have you read my posts?
Yes.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Furthermore, INH, if you think the "fellow" and similar accusations are bunk, how does that develop into your reads about Dom, etc.? Are they being genuine? Do the accusations appear faked?

I think your original comment was irrelevant.

I think Dom's comment about your comment was irrelevant.

I think your comment about Dom's comment about your comment was irrelevant.

Maybe I'm just not the skilled prospector you are, but all I can see is a bunch of manure with not a single fleck of yellow to be found.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vote JaggedJimmyJay because Sloondog's got the right idea!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:This feels like had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP, which I haven't seen, maybe ever.

There is still a person left on the planet who hadn't seen had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP!

Maybe at some point in this game we'll see dogpee MP.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

At this point, I'm not even sure I find you suspicious. You're the person I feel the most aggressively ambivalent about, if that makes sense.

I don't think your thoughts are irrelevant, but I do think you are tooting your own horn a little much. I know your name's on the site and all, but it is feeling kind of like you are forcibly trying to sieze control of the thread, and "solve the game" by reading into as much as humanly possible, and aggressively interrogating everyone. Given that I don't think very much of note has actually occured in the thread, it does feel like you are intentionally causing a bit of a frenzy.

This feels like had-too-much-sugar-and-caffeine MP, which I haven't seen, maybe ever.
Aggressively ambivalent might be my new favorite phrase, thanks INH. :beer:

Hahaha, I totally suck at mafia. :haha: I'll admit it any time; I usually do. That's why I'm trying to solve the game to the best of my ability. If you think I'm arrogant and that's offensive, I apologize, but it's not intentional. I'm reading into as much that I think can be read into and I'm aggressively interrogating everyone because that's how the game is played. Or at least how I play it anyway. ;)

And I probably have had too much caffeine. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:

:haha:

I know, right??

Wait a minute, INH, I know I've watched you play since you've come back... when is the last time we even played a game together? Has it really been so long that my playstyle and activity have changed that much?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:

Despite the propriety of the nickname, hopefully we don't see Rainbow Raider MP.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Except with no actual lynches or nightkills, so it's like a bunch of people locked inside of a small broom closet accusing each other of not meaning that they don't think the other person means what they say they mean. See what I mean?

I haven't picked up on any major slips.

All I see is a bunch of stuff that, yeah, I guess if you maybe looked at it from this angle could mean something, but is still unclear. And people are obsessing themselves silly over it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Talk to me about the good reads for DrWilgy, Epignosis, Metalmarsh, Blooper, and Vompatti.
DrWilgy -- I like his little moment of paranoia about a JJJ/MP team, because I can understand Day 0 looking similar to our beginnings in Transistor.

Epignosis -- He isn't really trying to look like anything other than a guy posting with a gimmick. I get the impression he'd be doing at least something more if he was bad.

MM -- I don't see any blatant "I'm scum" type WIFOM, so that's a nice start. :P He's goofed around true to form and I played the odds.

Blooper -- She's the living confirmation of my concerns about blowing up Day 0 with PoE talk. I understand her exasperated feelings about catching up.

Vompatti -- Played the odds. Who knows.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Talk to me about the bad reads for... well, all of them, except Boomslang and Scotty maybe since you've already talked about them to some degree.

I'm not looking for essays here because I know it's tough to judge some of these folks right now; I just want to pick your brain.
There's inherently little to say about LoRab and sig with so few posts each. My concern with LoRab is that she showed up FIRST!!! and seemed enthusiastic, but hasn't done anything since. sig made one real post in which he drew what looked to me like an arbitrary point of out of the pile (sussing Dom for his concern about my poo fling at MP), like he provided a "hot take" for the sake of doing it.

I could play the odds with A Person too. I have no idea. The one post is not inspired.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Except with no actual lynches or nightkills, so it's like a bunch of people locked inside of a small broom closet accusing each other of not meaning that they don't think the other person means what they say they mean. See what I mean?

All I see is a bunch of stuff that, yeah, I guess if you maybe looked at it from this angle could mean something, but is still unclear. And people are obsessing themselves silly over it.
I don't necessarily disagree. I think this is the natural state for a Day 1. There's no evidence to work with, so people do their best to make reads on a purely psychological basis.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Furthermore, INH, if you think the "fellow" and similar accusations are bunk, how does that develop into your reads about Dom, etc.? Are they being genuine? Do the accusations appear faked?

Maybe I'm just not the skilled prospector you are, but all I can see is a bunch of manure with not a single fleck of yellow to be found.
Well, you're just as entitled to that assessment as I am to any of mine. You could be right. I do agree with you with respect to Dom's prodding of me that it was a harmless word and just a manner of my silly way of talking, so the line of suspicion was confusing to me, but accusations need to fly out somehow. I can at least respect that Dom threw it out there.

Do you have any thoughts on any of the other discussions or reads floating around right now? What about Sloonei's observations regarding JJJ's language?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote JaggedJimmyJay because Sloondog's got the right idea!
Do you really find it compelling or is this a chaos vote? I can never tell with you in these early stages of the game. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:

Lol, I've been trying to avoid that since tunneling clearly never gets me anywhere good. :haha:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I know, right??

Wait a minute, INH, I know I've watched you play since you've come back... when is the last time we even played a game together? Has it really been so long that my playstyle and activity have changed that much?
We were in Mad Max together.

I've gotten used to partially-distracted-by-real-life MP, that is either a reasonable scapegoat, or an absent professor.

Mayhaps I've been too compliant.

I'm not offended by your gameplay, MP, but I do think it's worth noting.

You want really damn hard to be seen as Supatown.

Doesn't mean you aren't Supatown, but still.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote JaggedJimmyJay because Sloondog's got the right idea!
Marmot. Talk about the Sloondog things you find agreeable.

Note: I think Sloonei looks fine in his concerns about me. I note though that people are following his vote and attributing their vote to him. That's not ideal. In the event that I am mislynched and all hell breaks loose, Sloonei is set up to take all the blame.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:

Despite the propriety of the nickname, hopefully we don't see Rainbow Raider MP.
OMG YES RAINBOW RAIDER BITCH

You can count on me not turning suicidal though, so your hopes will be granted. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Talk to me about the good reads for DrWilgy, Epignosis, Metalmarsh, Blooper, and Vompatti.
DrWilgy -- I like his little moment of paranoia about a JJJ/MP team, because I can understand Day 0 looking similar to our beginnings in Transistor.

Epignosis -- He isn't really trying to look like anything other than a guy posting with a gimmick. I get the impression he'd be doing at least something more if he was bad.

MM -- I don't see any blatant "I'm scum" type WIFOM, so that's a nice start. :P He's goofed around true to form and I played the odds.

Blooper -- She's the living confirmation of my concerns about blowing up Day 0 with PoE talk. I understand her exasperated feelings about catching up.

Vompatti -- Played the odds. Who knows.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Talk to me about the bad reads for... well, all of them, except Boomslang and Scotty maybe since you've already talked about them to some degree.

There's inherently little to say about LoRab and sig with so few posts each. My concern with LoRab is that she showed up FIRST!!! and seemed enthusiastic, but hasn't done anything since. sig made one real post in which he drew what looked to me like an arbitrary point of out of the pile (sussing Dom for his concern about my poo fling at MP), like he provided a "hot take" for the sake of doing it.

I could play the odds with A Person too. I have no idea. The one post is not inspired.
Jay, thanks for this chat. Seems logical to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree. I think this is the natural state for a Day 1. There's no evidence to work with, so people do their best to make reads on a purely psychological basis.
I'd agree to an extent, but I think this Day 0/Day 1 has been more potentially (that's like my favorite word now, isn't it? not even sure why) productive than any other Day 0/Day 1 I've been involved with in a while, which makes me incredibly excited.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Well, you're just as entitled to that assessment as I am to any of mine. You could be right. I do agree with you with respect to Dom's prodding of me that it was a harmless word and just a manner of my silly way of talking, so the line of suspicion was confusing to me, but accusations need to fly out somehow. I can at least respect that Dom threw it out there.

Do you have any thoughts on any of the other discussions or reads floating around right now? What about Sloonei's observations regarding JJJ's language?
If I had any other major thoughts, I'd share them.

3J's a mystery to me, I don't think I've actually played a game with him as a baddie, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I don't really fall one way or the other as far as Sloonei. All I'm gonna say is that, barring a major slip, I'd never suspect 3J at Day 0.

Then again, that seems like the only possible time you can actually ISO the gregarious chucklehead.

Alrighty, I have to go to sleep, so any further interrogatives will have to be postponed.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I know, right??

We were in Mad Max together.

I've gotten used to partially-distracted-by-real-life MP, that is either a reasonable scapegoat, or an absent professor.

Mayhaps I've been too compliant.

I'm not offended by your gameplay, MP, but I do think it's worth noting.

You want really damn hard to be seen as Supatown.

Doesn't mean you aren't Supatown, but still.
Well, I do currently have a lot more free time on my hands than I usually do, and it's about to fade away gradually over the next month until I'm knee-deep in work again come January, but other than that I'm not sure my playstyle's any different than it's been in a while, so I'm not sure.

It's up to you and to everyone else to decide whether my content is genuine. If you think my content is devoid of genuine mafia hunting, by all means, point it out.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And I totally forgot you were in Mad Max with me. :P My bad. I knew we were in Red vs Blue, but I subbed out, other than that I couldn't remember.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”