Total votes: 36
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty, my last comment about DDL pre-lynch was to call him one of the four players most worth consideration for a lynch. No, I wasn't negative about him in every post, and that's because I was trying to get a read on a guy with very few posts. In the end he was a suspect, but not a confident one.

If I hadn't been forced to vote early and been in the mix at the end, I'd have voted DDL over llama.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Scotty, my last comment about DDL pre-lynch was to call him one of the four players most worth consideration for a lynch. No, I wasn't negative about him in every post, and that's because I was trying to get a read on a guy with very few posts. In the end he was a suspect, but not a confident one.

If I hadn't been forced to vote early and been in the mix at the end, I'd have voted DDL over llama.
Ah I missed that in my read through. You wrote that his lynch was "worth considering" but then never talked of it again. You started a case against MM and left it at that. Seems pretty open ended, my man.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I didn't take him seriously.
What is your point?
You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

If a joke read like that signals that MM is bad to you, then accuse him of that. Don't act like "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!" I don't believe you really think that.
I'm not pursuing it now. I think Marmot is civilian. I'm explaining my Day 1 mindset to him.

Everything else you just said is bullshit akin to "JJJ you should be able to read MM's mind" and I think you should be lynched ASAP.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Ah I missed that in my read through. You wrote that his lynch was "worth considering" but then never talked of it again. You started a case against MM and left it at that. Seems pretty open ended, my man.
I had to choose a vote. I was also suspicious of the Marmot, and for reasons that I felt were more substantial (which isn't surprising given the difference in their post counts). Unfortunately we only get one vote every day phase, and the heat of the DDL lynch didn't rev up until after I was gone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I didn't take him seriously.
What is your point?
You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

If a joke read like that signals that MM is bad to you, then accuse him of that. Don't act like "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!" I don't believe you really think that.
I want someone to tell me if a civilian ever makes this post. ^^^

Let's break it down:

[color=#00BF0]Misrepresentation of what I'm doing.[/color] I'm answering questions raised by MM about my Day 1 suspicion of him. I had just gotten done saying MM was a civilian read. Long Con is not interested in what I really believe, he is interested in painting me in a certain light.

"You should be able to see the difference." Hell no, sir. That is complete garbage. I don't have a telepathic superpower. This is a Mafia game thread, and in such a thread when someone calls someone else evil, that can fairly be viewed as a read. I can believe under the current circumstances that MM was joking, but to suggest that "I should know that" is just nonsense. This commentary benefits Long Con on two fronts: he can throw shade at me immediately after I had questioned him for his DDL-related behavior (which he has not answered), and he can buddy up to Marmot.
Long Con wrote:If a joke read like that signals that MM is bad to you, then accuse him of that. Don't act like "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!" I don't believe you really think that.
Long Con takes what I said and turns it into something else that is easier to criticize -- straw man. I didn't say or imply that "obviously everyone else will think you think llama is evil", and yet he uses quotation marks to attribute that commentary to me. I asked Marmot to consider how his joke comment might be interpreted by someone else. I didn't say every human being other than Marmot is a robot programmed to interpret things identically.

Long Con is bad, slaughter him. Make him suffer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yayyyyy, excellent result!!

Not gonna forget to vote in this poll, now that I actually remember we're doing 24/24. Gonna go with Kevin Kline, etc. because what is that long name even XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Ah, glad going with my gut paid off. In Mafia and with nachos and beer last night! Voting for the Meditation Labyrinth because I need to think on the other votes before offering additional commentary.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:haha: Wow, that's some serious colourizing, Jag!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

Yes.
Let's break it down:

Misrepresentation of what I'm doing. I'm answering questions raised by MM about my Day 1 suspicion of him. I had just gotten done saying MM was a civilian read. Long Con is not interested in what I really believe, he is interested in painting me in a certain light.
I'm not interested in painting you in any light. I thought I was trying to participate. :shrug: I don't know why you get so angry if you agree it was a joke, and I don't understand why you would have this exchange:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:In your first post of the game, you said you were Brett Favre. I did not take you seriously. :|
I was being silly because of the relationship between Brett Favre and jeans. There is no way to take that seriously.

You called llama evil in a Mafia thread. I took it as a read.
I added a letter to the word fvelt, and I never followed up on it. I'm surprised you would believe such a thing said at such a point in the game.
If a player states a read I am going to proceed with it as a read. Adding a letter to "felt" is not a read.
Exactly! It's not a read.
Ask yourself what an observing player who is not you is supposed to think when seeing an assertion that llama is evil immediately after llama renders a harsh accusation on Day 0.
... I read this, and I took it to mean you believe MM's calling Llama "evil" was a serious read. Pretty sure that's what I'm seeing as I look over it again.

Is this how you always respond to criticism? "What? No Civ would ever criticize me, he must be BAD!"

Is this how you respond to jokes?

JJJ's friend: "I dreamt I was forced to eat a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone!"

JJJ: "Ask yourself what someone observing that sentence is supposed to think? You literally said your pillow is gone. I'll help you look for it, how do you lose a pillow dude?" *gets down and looks under bed*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

"You should be able to see the difference." Hell no, sir. That is complete garbage. I don't have a telepathic superpower. This is a Mafia game thread, and in such a thread when someone calls someone else evil, that can fairly be viewed as a read. I can believe under the current circumstances that MM was joking, but to suggest that "I should know that" is just nonsense. This commentary benefits Long Con on two fronts: he can throw shade at me immediately after I had questioned him for his DDL-related behavior (which he has not answered), and he can buddy up to Marmot.
Buh? :confused: I was talking about whether or not MM's "Llama is evil" was real or jokey. I wasn't accusing you of being bad, and I wasn't implying that MM is Civ. Those are elements you have added in after the fact.

You don't need a "telepathic superpower" to get when a joke is a joke. I can't believe what an overdefensive knot you have tied yourself in over this.

I'll get to your DDL comments regarding me at some point. I read them on my phone while out in the woods, so I didn't respond directly. You can employ a little patience, or you can try and spin it into an accusation, totally your call.
Long Con wrote:If a joke read like that signals that MM is bad to you, then accuse him of that. Don't act like "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!" I don't believe you really think that.
Long Con takes what I said and turns it into something else that is easier to criticize -- straw man. I didn't say or imply that "obviously everyone else will think you think llama is evil", and yet he uses quotation marks to attribute that commentary to me. I asked Marmot to consider how his joke comment might be interpreted by someone else. I didn't say every human being other than Marmot is a robot programmed to interpret things identically.
No, no straw man. You said:

"Ask yourself what an observing player who is not you is supposed to think when seeing an assertion that llama is evil immediately after llama renders a harsh accusation on Day 0."

That is a leading question. Or a leading... something. What I mean is that this sentence implies an answer. Yes? No? That's how I read it.

It implies that when he asks himself what an observing player is supposed to think, he will come to the conclusion that the observing player will take him seriously.

That is not all that different than saying "Well what are we all supposed to think when you say Llama is evil; obviously everyone will think you think Llama is evil!"

If that's not something you believe, then why ask that leading question? What was your goal?
Long Con is bad, slaughter him. Make him suffer.
You're such an angry guy.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:... I read this, and I took it to mean you believe MM's calling Llama "evil" was a serious read. Pretty sure that's what I'm seeing as I look over it again.
On Day 1 I thought it was a serious read. That was a small portion of a larger case I presented against Marmot. Now on Night 1, with the lynch information in tow, I no longer suspect him. On Day 1 I had no way of knowing that his comment was a joke. That exhange exists because Marmot was asking me questions about Day 1 and I was answering them.

You're ignoring the context.

[quote="Long Con]Is this how you always respond to criticism? "What? No Civ would ever criticize me, he must be BAD!"[/quote]

More straw man garbage. I didn't say that or anything like that. I have given you specific accusations, and instead of speaking to those you've changed my language into this manner of absurdity. I can't imagine you're just missing the point this badly.

Other players in this game have approached me critically and I did not find them suspicious for doing so. You're the one who is failing to do so in a way that looks genuine. There are visible angles all over your posts. I will compile a larger case when I'm not on my phone. While you wait perhaps you can adress the multiple concerns about you that I actually have stated.

I see no civilian in your content and a lot of bad in it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will adress the rest of that when I can get to a computer. Phone dialogue is a pain.

I am not angry. I just have a burning hatred of baddies. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by thellama73 »

I like a labyrinth.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You're confused, and are about to participate in a grand bout of confirmation bias.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello all, huge apologies to our wonderful host and you all for my absence so far. I just finished my very busy conference and arrived at MCO, but I have a tight schedule before takeoff. I will be catching up either later tonight during my layover in ATL or tomorrow.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:... I read this, and I took it to mean you believe MM's calling Llama "evil" was a serious read. Pretty sure that's what I'm seeing as I look over it again.
On Day 1 I thought it was a serious read. That was a small portion of a larger case I presented against Marmot. Now on Night 1, with the lynch information in tow, I no longer suspect him. On Day 1 I had no way of knowing that his comment was a joke. That exhange exists because Marmot was asking me questions about Day 1 and I was answering them.

You're ignoring the context.
Ok, if the context paints your resolution that MM was making a serious accusation of Llama in a different light, then I'll let you know what I think of that when I reread. I'm not denying that I jumped into the conversation based on the MM-JJJ quote tree I quoted.
Long Con wrote:Is this how you always respond to criticism? "What? No Civ would ever criticize me, he must be BAD!"
More straw man garbage. I didn't say that or anything like that.
Uh... yeah you did:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:You're pursuing this as though it was a real read. It was a joke read. You should be able to see the difference, and govern yourself accordingly.

I criticized you. You called me a non-Civ.

I speak plainly. You try to use fancy debate terms and ask open-ended questions that you don't take responsibility for when confronted with it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Let the record show, Epignosis has bussed a teammate once in his life, and it was Dragon D. Luffy on Day 1. :srsnod:
I figured I'd explore this comparison to be safe. I can actually recall another instance of Epi bussing a teammate: Scotty on Day 1 of Red vs. Blue. So I'll look at both.

~ In Guess Who, Epi was aggressive against him teammate DDL. In the process of that aggression though, he repeatedly called DDL a suspect alongside Black Rock, who was a civilian. In this regard, mafioso Epi left himself the space to either go through with the bus job or push a civilian instead depending upon how circumstances developed. He voted DDL on Days 1 and 2 (the latter resulting in a lynch). The two of them engaged in a lengthy exchange throughout, painting a cleaner image of distance to maximize the value of the bus.

This all contrasts this game in that Epi was narrower in his anti-DDL maneuver (we don't know the alignments of anyone else he has expressed concern about, but he was singular in his desire to lynch DDL anyway). There were also no distancing exchanges given DDL's absence.

~ In Red vs. Blue, Epi was more direct and singular in his Day 1 move against Scotty. He addressed Scotty directly with an accusation, pressed the issue a few times to incite a response (presumably as it was being discussed in BTSC), and left his vote on him. In this case though, the deadline was in the morning which I believe left Epi in a tough spot in terms of being present in the end. He was only barely there for a single post in the hours approaching EOD and didn't have many opportunities to move his vote. In this regard it may have been a sort of half-accidental bus job.

The directness of his accusation in this example matches more closely with what we see in this game. The timing of the vote is very different though, which is a crucial thing given that he essentially killed DDL himself in this game by placing the swing vote.

~~~

After review, I think calling Epignosis a teammate of DDL in this game is more conspiracy theory than reasoned thinking.
Just for good measure, I would add that I would not have thrown DDL under the bus if we were teammates simply because, if I recall correctly, Guess Who? was the only opportunity he's had on The Syndicate to be bad- I would want him to be able to play and have the experience. Even as I write this I feel sort of bad.

Sorry DDL the person. Not sorry DDL's role!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Towny McTownface »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello all, huge apologies to our wonderful host and you all for my absence so far. I just finished my very busy conference and arrived at MCO, but I have a tight schedule before takeoff. I will be catching up either later tonight during my layover in ATL or tomorrow.
Cor blimey, it's about time you turned up! I was about to have yer bangers for breakfast otherwise. Now make with the postin'!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think it's hilarious that Quin's only reason for voting me was that I refused to take his clearly offered bait. Llama don't like being manipulated.

I also think Quin is probably lying.

Quin feels good about me:
Quin on January 12 at 5:47 PM wrote: I agree with this sentiment. Feeling okay about llama today. I thought I was seeing an association between this game and bad llama in the latest burglary, in which he attacked Made for being too enthusiastic, but Made was indy there so he may have been legitimately hunting to a degree there.

A couple of hours later, Quin feels ambivalent about me:
Quin on January 12 at 8:29 PM wrote: I've seen both civ and scum moments from Scotty and llama. Although, Scotty's is more of a 'I find this suspicious, but he seems genuine in his justification' thing.
But then forty minutes after that, Quin appears to feel good about me again:
Quin on January 12 at 9:10 PM wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What I like about llama is that he has drawn attention to himself deliberately and doesn't seem to give a damn. He made the game's first accusation, he assumed a confident posture in that read, and then he placed the game's first vote. At face value I like that kind of behavior.
I dig all of this. I won't even put my tinfoil hat on.
Then votes start coming in, some for me, some for DDL. Note that Quin has not discussed me as a suspect at all for 22 hours. Quin then says this:
Quin on January 13 at 7:10 PM wrote:I might just break that tie.
Now here's where it gets interesting. Quin now claims that this was a test that I failed by not responding. Why failing to respond to this post makes me more likely to be bad remains unexplained, but that is Quin's claimed motivaion for his vote, which came just 46 minutes later.
Quin on January 13 at 7:56 PM wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voting DDL to break the tie.
Voting llama to retie it.
What happened in the thread during that time? Not much. Me and MM played an "answer a question with a question" game. The only significant event is that MM voted for DDL, putting pressure on a baddie and his teammates.

DDL certainly didn't respond to Quin's "test" any more than I did, but Quin gave him a free pass for that. What exactly was I supposed to say to pass the "test" anyway? This all feels very disinegnuous to me, especially given the lack of suspicion Quin showed for me before votes started pouring in. Quin might be my top contender for tomorrow's vote.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I certainly think Epignosis looks good after this result, and while it's conceivable that it's an elaborate ploy, it's very unlikely, so I will put him aside for a while. A few of the other DDL voters look pretty good too, and I'm even willing to give Sorsha a second chance. It would have ben very easy for her to justify a vote for me if she were bad.

I think Long Con and INH likely had pure motivations for their votes, which leaves Quin and Wilgy as the most suspicious. I also want to take a look at those who avoided both wagaons, as thta's usually the smart play for baddies early in the game.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I certainly think Epignosis looks good after this result, and while it's conceivable that it's an elaborate ploy, it's very unlikely, so I will put him aside for a while. A few of the other DDL voters look pretty good too, and I'm even willing to give Sorsha a second chance. It would have ben very easy for her to justify a vote for me if she were bad.

I think Long Con and INH likely had pure motivations for their votes, which leaves Quin and Wilgy as the most suspicious. I also want to take a look at those who avoided both wagaons, as thta's usually the smart play for baddies early in the game.
And the low posters llama! What about the low posters?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I certainly think Epignosis looks good after this result, and while it's conceivable that it's an elaborate ploy, it's very unlikely, so I will put him aside for a while. A few of the other DDL voters look pretty good too, and I'm even willing to give Sorsha a second chance. It would have ben very easy for her to justify a vote for me if she were bad.

And the low posters llama! What about the low posters?
Death to them all. :feb:

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Host Post: Someone asked a good question regarding the night polls. In the event of a tie in the night results, the Host breaks the tie (in order to make drafting the Night post easier). Happy Long Weekend, (American) friends!

Thank goodness I can't eat wheat or I'd eat every single item, sweet and savory, in this dear place.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:I think it's hilarious that Quin's only reason for voting me was that I refused to take his clearly offered bait. Llama don't like being manipulated.

I also think Quin is probably lying.

Quin feels good about me:
Quin on January 12 at 5:47 PM wrote: I agree with this sentiment. Feeling okay about llama today. I thought I was seeing an association between this game and bad llama in the latest burglary, in which he attacked Made for being too enthusiastic, but Made was indy there so he may have been legitimately hunting to a degree there.

A couple of hours later, Quin feels ambivalent about me:
Quin on January 12 at 8:29 PM wrote: I've seen both civ and scum moments from Scotty and llama. Although, Scotty's is more of a 'I find this suspicious, but he seems genuine in his justification' thing.
But then forty minutes after that, Quin appears to feel good about me again:
Quin on January 12 at 9:10 PM wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What I like about llama is that he has drawn attention to himself deliberately and doesn't seem to give a damn. He made the game's first accusation, he assumed a confident posture in that read, and then he placed the game's first vote. At face value I like that kind of behavior.
I dig all of this. I won't even put my tinfoil hat on.
Then votes start coming in, some for me, some for DDL. Note that Quin has not discussed me as a suspect at all for 22 hours. Quin then says this:
Quin on January 13 at 7:10 PM wrote:I might just break that tie.
Now here's where it gets interesting. Quin now claims that this was a test that I failed by not responding. Why failing to respond to this post makes me more likely to be bad remains unexplained, but that is Quin's claimed motivaion for his vote, which came just 46 minutes later.
Quin on January 13 at 7:56 PM wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voting DDL to break the tie.
Voting llama to retie it.
What happened in the thread during that time? Not much. Me and MM played an "answer a question with a question" game. The only significant event is that MM voted for DDL, putting pressure on a baddie and his teammates.

DDL certainly didn't respond to Quin's "test" any more than I did, but Quin gave him a free pass for that. What exactly was I supposed to say to pass the "test" anyway? This all feels very disinegnuous to me, especially given the lack of suspicion Quin showed for me before votes started pouring in. Quin might be my top contender for tomorrow's vote.

Clear contradiction. Pick a stance. Hopefully pick the one that's true. And I don't believe you saw me baiting you specifically from that post. You aren't that insightful. You're making yourself look good using hindsight as a weapon. Nah. If I hadn't said anything you'd have no idea what I was thinking.

And I didn't expect DDL to respond to me. He wasn't in the thread. You were. And you're the only one I saw any baddie tells from.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

hey inh plz answer my question before llama kills me and it all gets swept under the rug
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 2]

Post by Mongoose »

Night 1: Stranger Dogs on a Train

Please see this Fritz Lang film, entitled "Red Dog"

The group selected the Diesel Station for Dogs, as they could more adequately assess where they needed to go next. Also dogs.

Everyone settled in to a nice ride, and raided the on-site bar. Everyone then picked a seat in the car that held their favorite dog. A Person went into the Black Lab car. Llama chose the Scottish terrier car. A couple of players found themselves in the Greyhound car with their old favorite Mongoose, who was just returning from a yoga retreat in Sedona. Many players swapped from car to car, petting all the good dogs.

You guys, I seriously can't even.

The group pet the dogs until the conductor announced that they would be arriving at the next station in 15 minutes, so the group gathered their belongings and headed to the back of the train, ready to exit. The group chatted about their travels and how they were looking forward to catching some Zzzzzs in the hotel they had picked out, only a 10-minute walk from the station.

Boomslang knelt down to check on his instrument, as he wanted to play for the others in the morning as a special treat. While his back was turned, hands loomed over Boomslang, in an attempt to push him off the train. Certainly this would lead him to certain death! At the last moment, someone noticed and called out his name. Boomslang noticed just in time, and was able to keep his footing.

He was shaken up by the attack but was not injured. The group left for their hotel, a little shaken up. But hey, puppies!

No one has died. It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to determine who attempted to murder Boomslang.

Hint: It wasn't a mongoose.

OT Aside: I am obsessed with films that take place on trains. What are your favorite films that take place on trains?

I love: Strangers on a Train, The Lady Vanishes, Murder on the Orient Express, Transsiberian, Darjeeling Limited, The General, The Great Train Robbery, Shangai Express, Snowpiercer, etc.

Films that have scenes with trains but aren't necessarily about trains: Dr. Zhivago, Dil Se, Slumdog Millionaire, NXNW, Brief Encounter
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Polls]

Post by Mongoose »

Night 1:

Where to next?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32:01 pm

L.E.I. Pavilion
Epignosis (4), Elohcin (6), Scotty (9) 19%
Diesel Train Depot for Dogs
Metalmarsh89 (3), Long Con (13), Jean Genie (14), insertnamehere (15), Made (16) 31%
True Religion Meditation Labyrinth
JaggedJimmyJay (5), Boomslang (11), thellama73 (12) 19%
Kevin Kline's Calvin Klein Vintage Drink Emporium
Quin (2), Sorsha (8), nijuukyugou (10) 19%
Culottes Central Intake (Host/Mod/NPs/Deadies/Vomps)
Mongoose (1), sprityo (7) 13%
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Which bitch is next?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Elohcin »

Yay! No kill. I guess the kill was blocked. :D

I know I haven;t been here much, but I have been following along today and I think JJJ's summary of the votes on Day 1 was nicely detailed enough to catch me up. I have an idea of someone I think could be bad. Quin. His vote, his sneaky tone, and the fact that his defenses haven't sounded genuine to me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Elohcin wrote:Yay! No kill. I guess the kill was blocked. :D

I know I haven;t been here much, but I have been following along today and I think JJJ's summary of the votes on Day 1 was nicely detailed enough to catch me up. I have an idea of someone I think could be bad. Quin. His vote, his sneaky tone, and the fact that his defenses haven't sounded genuine to me.
Scratch the fact part there. Epi will come at me for that one :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ephraim wnats to share a face with all of you :dark:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

So it was you, huh?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Oh, this is interesting.
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:Ephraim wnats to share a face with all of you :dark:

Hi buddy! Hope you are having a good weekend! Be good for your Mom!

See you soon, buckaroo

:Mongoose:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
JJLehto
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JJLehto »

Epignosis wrote:
JJLehto wrote:and boyfriendly duties I barely sleep.
Damn son.
Well, ya know me ;)

BTW I got a message about an Economics mafia. I had to decline but I've quickly perused the game and it looked superb. And it's well known I love economics so I'm pretty bummed I missed it. I was too busy because I'm in school for Economics....life eh?
If there's a second round of that one, I'll join for sure.

Oh, and as for films on trains.
....SNOWPIERCER!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JJLehto wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JJLehto wrote:and boyfriendly duties I barely sleep.
Damn son.
Well, ya know me ;)

BTW I got a message about an Economics mafia. I had to decline but I've quickly perused the game and it looked superb. And it's well known I love economics so I'm pretty bummed I missed it. I was too busy because I'm in school for Economics....life eh?
If there's a second round of that one, I'll join for sure.

Oh, and as for films on trains.
....SNOWPIERCER!
I liked Snowpiercer (basically Bioshock on a train), but the ending was kind of...erm, no thanks.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I see a situation right now where the mafia killed Boomslang, but was role blocked or protected. Elohcin's sudden appearance to show distrust towards me comes across to me as a role blocker claim. Put that in your back pocket, people.

I can see a situation where the baddies killed Boomslang and role blocked themselves so that a bad Elohcin could come out and say this, but she'd have some heavy collateral to deal with once I flipped. It's nothing she couldn't explain her way out of if she did it well enough, though. There's two role blockers and a civilian doctor still in the game.

An alternative is that she's a civilian role blocker, and role blocked me. This would be an interesting coincidence considering I didn't kill nobody, yet Boomslang still survived.

I'm just gonna wait on other thoughts on the situation before I commit to any line of thinking.
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mini-Event: Canine Carrier Express

If you would like a special ride on the Canine Carrier Express, send me a PM. Even-numbered requestors will receive an item. Is the item good or bad? Paws your game momentarily to reflect.

Thus, the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th and so on players to request an item will receive one.

There is no prohibition regarding sharing whether you received an item or not (and what it is) in the thread, but that might not be the best idea. You have until the end of Day 2 to request an item (if you want one). Items will be given by the end of Day 2. If you are an odd-number requestor, you will be told immediately.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:I see a situation right now where the mafia killed Boomslang, but was role blocked or protected. Elohcin's sudden appearance to show distrust towards me comes across to me as a role blocker claim. Put that in your back pocket, people.

I can see a situation where the baddies killed Boomslang and role blocked themselves so that a bad Elohcin could come out and say this, but she'd have some heavy collateral to deal with once I flipped. It's nothing she couldn't explain her way out of if she did it well enough, though. There's two role blockers and a civilian doctor still in the game.

An alternative is that she's a civilian role blocker, and role blocked me. This would be an interesting coincidence considering I didn't kill nobody, yet Boomslang still survived.

I'm just gonna wait on other thoughts on the situation before I commit to any line of thinking.
Ah.

So you're saying we should lynch you, and when you turn up as the civ role blocker, we'll lynch Elo right after, eh?

I can get behind that.

Because this:
Quin wrote:

So it was you, huh?
Is not somebody that looks happy that no one died last night.

Since role claiming is not disallowed, but only discouraged, I see we have a state of if/then. Because I also inferred that Elo blocked you from her post
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:I see a situation right now where the mafia killed Boomslang, but was role blocked or protected. Elohcin's sudden appearance to show distrust towards me comes across to me as a role blocker claim. Put that in your back pocket, people.

Ah.

So you're saying we should lynch you, and when you turn up as the civ role blocker, we'll lynch Elo right after, eh?

I can get behind that.

Because this:
Quin wrote:

So it was you, huh?
Is not somebody that looks happy that no one died last night.

Since role claiming is not disallowed, but only discouraged, I see we have a state of if/then. Because I also inferred that Elo blocked you from her post
No, that wasn't what I was inferring. And I wasn't referring at all to the fact that someone survived a kill in that post, because I wasn't involved.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

By the way, one of the people under the most scrutiny isn't gonna submit the kill when he's most likely to be targeted by civilian roles, especially role blockers.

Enjoy that delicious bucket of WIFOM :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Another thing to consider is that since the first possibility could very well be what happened, we shouldn't read Boomslang either way based on his survival. I'm hesitant to believe the baddies would give us a free town clear for something like this.

Sorsha did essentially the same thing in ASOUE. That's another thing.
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Sorsha »

It's possible but pretty unlikely that the baddies would block their own kill like that. Especially after losing one of their own in the day one lynch.

I did it in the last game at the end of the game mostly out of desperation and not knowing what else to do. I was hoping that a failed mafia kill on me would convince everyone (or at least enough to not lynch me) that I wasn't bad. Didn't work though.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:It's possible but pretty unlikely that the baddies would block their own kill like that. Especially after losing one of their own in the day one lynch.
That's a good point. I'd say this is more likely a doctor job.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:By the way, one of the people under the most scrutiny isn't gonna submit the kill when he's most likely to be targeted by civilian roles, especially role blockers.
You have the most scrutiny?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:By the way, one of the people under the most scrutiny isn't gonna submit the kill when he's most likely to be targeted by civilian roles, especially role blockers.
You have the most scrutiny?
Absolutely.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Who do you think should have the most scrutiny?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Me.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I see I have been removed from the lynch poll today. Thank you, 501s!

I find the theory that the mafia blocked their own kill when they are already a man down on Day 2 very unlikely. But I would like to hear Wilgy give an account of himself before I vote for Quin.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Don't ignore my posts, llama. You are bad.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:Don't ignore my posts, llama. You are bad.
I'll ignore all of your posts, and I am not bad.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”