Total votes: 36
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:I think that y'all need to give me at least day to prove myself, I would hope.
I don't necessarily oppose that notion, but if you were to receive that kind of "extension" it'd be vital that you use it to your fullest advantage. The only read of yours that I have an idea of is Quin; it'd be good to know how you feel about everyone else.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think that y'all need to give me at least day to prove myself, I would hope.
I don't necessarily oppose that notion, but if you were to receive that kind of "extension" it'd be vital that you use it to your fullest advantage. The only read of yours that I have an idea of is Quin; it'd be good to know how you feel about everyone else.
She gave her opinion of me: always thinks I'm bad, waiting until later game to fully flesh out her read. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Maybe this would be a better approach, since we're both entrenched in the biases our own reads:

Outside any dialogue between you and I, what do you feel is the most civilian thing you've done or said in this game?
I don't feel like I'm entrenched in a bias. I appreciate your effort for a better approach, but let's just stop for now instead.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Back in the saddle for the moment. Some thoughts:
I wouldn't play JJJ's lynch immunity the way he just did, but I'm tempted to believe him. Doing it like this feels like a civ move, because he couldn't know for sure when suspicion would come back on him. If he uses immunity while suspicion is still hot, and proclaims it, he does make the civs more likely to lynch a baddie.
However, I still don't believe LC is bad, based mostly off his interactions with JJJ.
Wilgy definitely looks weird. Casting an incredibly wide net, throwing tinfoil at me despite "all rational thinking." I'm ok with a vote there, especially because we can't get Quin and probably can't/shouldn't get JJJ.

INH probably deserves more of a look. Went very quiet after Day 1, the result of which spoke against his llama case (which was his tunnel). He claimed he was going to reassess things, but has since stayed under the radar.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 97

Post by insertnamehere »

I guess I don't see the civilian logic behind saying that you're immune to votes, and warning people away.

If I was civ, and I had this power, I just wouldn't say anything and help develop a case against someone else, in order to sway one or two people. Then, at EoD, I'd be safe and my top suspect would have a date with the noose.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, idk.

This is made even more bizarre due to 3J having the most aggressive suspicion of LC that I've seen from him in the few games we've played together.

His case against LC isn't very convincing in my opinion, mostly due to it reminding me of the couple times 3J has mislynched me, often for the same reasons. Stuff like LC saying that MM was obviously joking and 3J going ballistic and insisting that it was a serious accusation on LC's part, feels a stretch too far.

Aaaand most of the other stuff case is OMGUS malarky where 3J feels LC misrepresented him by using hyperbolic language in his posts that's so derogatory that LC must have nefarious intentions. Meanwhile, 3J is hyping up his own suspicion of LC to the point where it's almost surprising when he makes a post that doesn't mention him.

Like James Joyce's great novel Ulysseys, or the album Trout Mask Replica, 3J's case against LC only makes perfect sense in the mind of its author. Anyone else is left scratching their head.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Very busy today.

Gonna lob a vote on Wilgy to get this party started. His recent posts seem forced.

Nice to see you INH.

JJJ, I don't think LC is bad. I think it more likely you are.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:I guess I don't see the civilian logic behind saying that you're immune to votes, and warning people away.

If I was civ, and I had this power, I just wouldn't say anything and help develop a case against someone else, in order to sway one or two people. Then, at EoD, I'd be safe and my top suspect would have a date with the noose.

If I don't reveal what I've done, on a day phase immediately after receiving 6 votes, then there's still a high chance that I'll end up lynched instead of any other suspect I try to lynch -- and if that happens, the civilians have wasted a lynch on me to learn nothing.

I don't consider this day phase a good one if I am lynched and don't die. That's very wasteful play and the entire point of my move is to prevent that. Instead of that now we can give ourselves an opportunity to use this lynch productively.

I really don't think a lynch immunity is a great asset for a civilian in the first place unless there is a way to isolate that to a specific role (like with the Denim Shirt). Very often when a civilian is lynched and it is prevented, it just leads to that civilian being lynched again.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am getting zero support for my suspicion of LC, so I am going to stow it for now. Other players I'd be most willing to lynch are DrWilgy or Elohcin 2.0.

We should also probably discuss Made. He has been mentioned very few times in this game thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I guess I don't see the civilian logic behind saying that you're immune to votes, and warning people away.

If I don't reveal what I've done, on a day phase immediately after receiving 6 votes, then there's still a high chance that I'll end up lynched instead of any other suspect I try to lynch -- and if that happens, the civilians have wasted a lynch on me to learn nothing.

I don't consider this day phase a good one if I am lynched and don't die. That's very wasteful play and the entire point of my move is to prevent that. Instead of that now we can give ourselves an opportunity to use this lynch productively.

I really don't think a lynch immunity is a great asset for a civilian in the first place unless there is a way to isolate that to a specific role (like with the Denim Shirt). Very often when a civilian is lynched and it is prevented, it just leads to that civilian being lynched again.
So, your obviously not made up and totally 100% real lynch exemption will cause a no lynch if you receive the most votes?

Or will the second most vote getter get the noose?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by thellama73 »

If we lynch JJJ and he doesn't die, what have we learned? We learn that he told the truth, but we learn nothing about his alignment. We gain no new vote record insights. We will be stuck with exactly the information we had on Day 1. I don't see how that benefits us.

If we wait to lynch JJJ until tomorrow, we learn much more by his lynch regardless of whether he dies or not.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:So, your obviously not made up and totally 100% real lynch exemption will cause a no lynch if you receive the most votes?

Or will the second most vote getter get the noose?
It's an immunity. I assume that would function to result in a no lynch. That's what I've normally seen around here. Do you know of a precedent for the second place thing?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

I intend to vote between llama and Boomslang. Keen to find out who stands where on that front, because it looks like there's gonna be a few wagons at this rate.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 1]

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:huh. well. looks like I need to re-assess some things and watch La Jetee on Flimstruck.

I'm not gonna lie, the result of this day left me breathless. Hopefully Llama forgives the contempt from earlier. Not sure what to think about the band of outsiders who voted alongside me for Llama. But still, it's my life to live, and my vote to give, so I'm still gonna defend the logic I used when I wrote a case against Llama. Anywho, I'll have more to say over the course of the week end.
Why does a baddie DDL flip clear llama? I don't see the posts in either guys ISO's that would point to that.
I don't think Llama is cleared by any means, but I'm not quite as hot on him as I was before DDL's flip-eroo.
This what I posted after the D1 EOD.

I personally don't see this a turnaround, and I dislike that people have miscatergorized it as such. I didn't mean that I thought Llama was civilian, simply that I had to re-assess my reads.

In fact, Llama is nowhere near off my radar and is currently my number two suspect, after Mista J.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh dearest Quin, never have you been more wrong about me. I'm saddened to see you walking into such a mistake. :sigh:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I intend to vote between llama and Boomslang. Keen to find out who stands where on that front, because it looks like there's gonna be a few wagons at this rate.
I'm open to considering llama. A vote for Boomslang would honestly baffle me though. I just don't understand the rationale.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:huh. well. looks like I need to re-assess some things and watch La Jetee on Flimstruck.

I'm not gonna lie, the result of this day left me breathless. Hopefully Llama forgives the contempt from earlier. Not sure what to think about the band of outsiders who voted alongside me for Llama. But still, it's my life to live, and my vote to give, so I'm still gonna defend the logic I used when I wrote a case against Llama. Anywho, I'll have more to say over the course of the week end.
Why does a baddie DDL flip clear llama? I don't see the posts in either guys ISO's that would point to that.
I don't think Llama is cleared by any means, but I'm not quite as hot on him as I was before DDL's flip-eroo.

I personally don't see this a turnaround, and I dislike that people have miscatergorized it as such. I didn't mean that I thought Llama was civilian, simply that I had to re-assess my reads.

In fact, Llama is nowhere near off my radar and is currently my number two suspect, after Mista J.
Okay, but why have you singled out llama and inferred that your read has changed at all based on DDL's flip?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

PEOPLE I'D BE WILLING TO VOTE FOR TODAY:
JJJ
Llama

PEOPLE I FOR SURE WOULDN'T BE WILLING TO VOTE FOR TODAY:
LC
Boomslang
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's talk about Made:
Made wrote:Unless someone can explain any further significance of this argument and LC's response, the interaction feels more like a doubt than an accusation, and that make this argument feel more like one of semantics rather than one of alignment. I'm not really seeing what JJJ's seeing.
Made wrote:I kinda read the original post as tinfoily myself, mostly because Eloh's post didn't seem like a role claim to me.

And having read 16 pages in one sitting, the theory against Quin is kinda lost on me. Is it because of his tinfoil theory??
He made one substantive post, which I've snipped to these pieces. His contribution has been to discount the suspicions presented by other people (my suspicion of Long Con and Elohcin's suspicion of Quin). He was vaguely critical of me here (asserting I was concerned with semantics and not alignment) which lends some support to his eventual decision to vote for me. It's a bit convenient though that his only meaningful post provided him with the rationale necessary to participate in a two-way lynch dynamic between Quin and I.

The highlighted question is a little ick at face value. In his first sentence about Quin, he acknowledged Elohcin's post, and though he didn't think she was roleclaiming this at least evidences that he was aware of that point's existence. So that should tell him that "the case against Quin" consisted of more than just the tinfoil theory.

Also, two question marks. Yikes. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:I didn't mean that I thought Llama was civilian, simply that I had to re-assess my reads.

Now that you've reassessed your reads, what has prevented you from changing your perspective of llama?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I sense a wagon forming against me here. I'd really rather that didn't happen.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:I sense a wagon forming against me here. I'd really rather that didn't happen.
There are other votes I'd prefer to make. If the deadline was in one minute, who would you vote for?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

Okay, but why have you singled out llama and inferred that your read has changed at all based on DDL's flip?
What do you mean "why have I singled out Llama?" I still suspect him for the reasons I suspected him on D1 for.

I just think, more often than not, two baddies aren't the two leading co-wagons on any D1. It was the first real point in Llama's favor.

Frankly, your insistence that it means nothing, and your pushing the "INH did a flip-flop on Llama" narrative makes me raise an eyebrow in your direction as well.

Part of the reason why I'm willing to lynch Llama is that I feel his alignment would directly affect my read on a few others in this game. I put you into that category.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:I intend to vote between llama and Boomslang. Keen to find out who stands where on that front, because it looks like there's gonna be a few wagons at this rate.
I don't think either of those votes are fruitful, fwiw.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I sense a wagon forming against me here. I'd really rather that didn't happen.
There are other votes I'd prefer to make. If the deadline was in one minute, who would you vote for?
Wilgy. I'll give ELoh another day to account for herself.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Part of the reason why I'm willing to lynch Llama is that I feel his alignment would directly affect my read on a few others in this game.
I don't disagree with that. My conceptualization of the game so far is heavily influenced by the notion that the Day 1 lynch was baddie-over-civilian. If that is incorrect, then all reads need to be revisited. If it is correct, then I really believe we have five very solid townies.

Still, that'd mean lynching llama is about information more than suspicion and that doesn't thrill me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

What do you mean "why have I singled out Llama?" I still suspect him for the reasons I suspected him on D1 for.

I just think, more often than not, two baddies aren't the two leading co-wagons on any D1. It was the first real point in Llama's favor.

Frankly, your insistence that it means nothing, and your pushing the "INH did a flip-flop on Llama" narrative makes me raise an eyebrow in your direction as well.

Part of the reason why I'm willing to lynch Llama is that I feel his alignment would directly affect my read on a few others in this game. I put you into that category.
The highlighted shows that after DDL's flip you had some sort of change of heart about llama. You did flip-flip. Almost everybody has been attesting to that. I wanted to know why you did. Is 'two baddies are unlikely to be on the main wagons D1' your final answer?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Wilgy. I'll give ELoh another day to account for herself.
Same and same.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I didn't mean that I thought Llama was civilian, simply that I had to re-assess my reads.

Now that you've reassessed your reads, what has prevented you from changing your perspective of llama?
Lack of a stronger suspect, other than yourself, and nothing else contradicting my D1 view of him.

To be frank, I'd rather lynch you today, as I think you're bluffing, but I could get behind a Llama-mobile wagon if others don't share my views on your tomfoolery.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Part of the reason why I'm willing to lynch Llama is that I feel his alignment would directly affect my read on a few others in this game.
I don't disagree with that. My conceptualization of the game so far is heavily influenced by the notion that the Day 1 lynch was baddie-over-civilian. If that is incorrect, then all reads need to be revisited. If it is correct, then I really believe we have five very solid townies.

Still, that'd mean lynching llama is about information more than suspicion and that doesn't thrill me.
It's times like this I wish dead civilians could win with their team.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Let's talk about Made:
Made wrote:Unless someone can explain any further significance of this argument and LC's response, the interaction feels more like a doubt than an accusation, and that make this argument feel more like one of semantics rather than one of alignment. I'm not really seeing what JJJ's seeing.
Made wrote:I kinda read the original post as tinfoily myself, mostly because Eloh's post didn't seem like a role claim to me.

And having read 16 pages in one sitting, the theory against Quin is kinda lost on me. Is it because of his tinfoil theory??
He made one substantive post, which I've snipped to these pieces. His contribution has been to discount the suspicions presented by other people (my suspicion of Long Con and Elohcin's suspicion of Quin). He was vaguely critical of me here (asserting I was concerned with semantics and not alignment) which lends some support to his eventual decision to vote for me. It's a bit convenient though that his only meaningful post provided him with the rationale necessary to participate in a two-way lynch dynamic between Quin and I.

The highlighted question is a little ick at face value. In his first sentence about Quin, he acknowledged Elohcin's post, and though he didn't think she was roleclaiming this at least evidences that he was aware of that point's existence. So that should tell him that "the case against Quin" consisted of more than just the tinfoil theory.

Also, two question marks. Yikes. :p
Unless Made is acting the same way Epignosis did in GY!BE, that's any easy pattern to fall into as a baddie. Easy, as in you know who the civilians are and who to defend.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:It's times like this I wish dead civilians could win with their team.
I think that's actually the case in this game. The only civilian win condition mentioned in the OP is "need mafia dead".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It's times like this I wish dead civilians could win with their team.
I think that's actually the case in this game. The only civilian win condition mentioned in the OP is "need mafia dead".
Nah, Mongoose more or less left the site before that rule became standard. In her heyday, it was understood that only living civilians win.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Unless Made is acting the same way Epignosis did in GY!BE, that's any easy pattern to fall into as a baddie. Easy, as in you know who the civilians are and who to defend.
I had the same thought. I don't think it's likely he's making a concerted effort at Epi's brand of POE with only four posts -- I'm not sure he's been exposed to that strategy in the first place.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nah, Mongoose more or less left the site before that rule became standard. In her heyday, it was understood that only living civilians win.
lol could be. I've been playing the whole game with a mindset of not needing to survive. I don't really care either way though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
No pressure, right?

Well, after reading through the thread today, I have two suspicions.
#1 is Wilgy. Quiet...quiet...quiet....And then he is here with fire. Makes me wonder if he is bad, was laying low, and then suddenly felt the need to come in and defend himself because his teammates said so.
#2 is Epi. I know I kind of said this, but I replaced in and he was on me before I could post. Really? I understand there is a possibility that someone comes back bad, but don't you think you ought to give them a chance to at least speak first? If he is civ, I would think he would want to at least hear from me. If he is bad, jumping on me before I can even say anything is an amazing opportunity for him because he KNOWS I am no good at defending myself even if I am civ.

I would be willing to vote either Epi, Wilgy, or Quin today.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:

The highlighted shows that after DDL's flip you had some sort of change of heart about llama. You did flip-flip. Almost everybody has been attesting to that. I wanted to know why you did. Is 'two baddies are unlikely to be on the main wagons D1' your final answer?
No.

I didn't.

Stop spreading the nonsense opinion that I did.

A: I was attempting to work in the phrases "Contempt" and "Band of Outsiders" into two sentences.
B: I felt like I was a little too hot on Llama. Hence the forgiving of contempt.
C: I was entertaining the notion that members of the D1 Llama wagon had impure intentions.
D: The sentence after those highlighted post says that I still think the logic against Llama is sound, which isn't something someone posts if they think a person is 100% civ.

Join us again next week for another episode of "Quin Tells INH What His Opinions Are!"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
No pressure, right?

#1 is Wilgy. Quiet...quiet...quiet....And then he is here with fire. Makes me wonder if he is bad, was laying low, and then suddenly felt the need to come in and defend himself because his teammates said so.
#2 is Epi. I know I kind of said this, but I replaced in and he was on me before I could post. Really? I understand there is a possibility that someone comes back bad, but don't you think you ought to give them a chance to at least speak first? If he is civ, I would think he would want to at least hear from me. If he is bad, jumping on me before I can even say anything is an amazing opportunity for him because he KNOWS I am no good at defending myself even if I am civ.

One of those is not a valid option.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

No.

I didn't.

A: I was attempting to work in the phrases "Contempt" and "Band of Outsiders" into two sentences.
B: I felt like I was a little too hot on Llama. Hence the forgiving of contempt.
C: I was entertaining the notion that members of the D1 Llama wagon had impure intentions.
D: The sentence after those highlighted post says that I still think the logic against Llama is sound, which isn't something someone posts if they think a person is 100% civ.

Join us again next week for another episode of "Quin Tells INH What His Opinions Are!"
I do not know what Contempt and Band of Outsiders has to do with anything. Without that knowledge, you just came across as though you'd weaned off of your llama read.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
No pressure, right?

Thanks for the reads. I agree with one of the three. I'll see what Epi has to say about your comments.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

No.

I didn't.

I do not know what Contempt and Band of Outsiders has to do with anything. Without that knowledge, you just came across as though you'd weaned off of your llama read.
They are both films by Jean-Luc Godard, who Mongoose referenced in her EOD post.

Well, you can keep your opinion on what I was thinking, and I'll just, you know, remember what I was thinking.

Are you willing to vote Llama or 3J today?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Sorsha »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
No pressure, right?

So if Epi is bad you believe he started the lynch on day one to get rid of his own teammate- DDL?

As much faith as I put into spouse reads of one another the suspicion Epi voiced of you yesterday was strange to me. It wasn't based on anything you've done but on a probability. Or something.... I don't know if I'm conveying what I mean accurately or not. But I think you get what I mean.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Quin wrote:

No.

I didn't.

They are both films by Jean-Luc Godard, who Mongoose referenced in her EOD post.

Well, you can keep your opinion on what I was thinking, and I'll just, you know, remember what I was thinking.

Are you willing to vote Llama or 3J today?
Hesitant to vote 3J, though a no lynch wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he's being honest about his lynch immunity. I think he is, because Epi claimed an item as well and didn't seem off-put by 3J's claim.

I'm good to go with a llama vote.

I'll probably just drop my vote where the majority are.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Although on 3J's item, I guess it's possible that he really did get an item and he's just lying about what it was.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Mongoose wrote:Mini-Event: Canine Carrier Express

If you would like a special ride on the Canine Carrier Express, send me a PM. Even-numbered requestors will receive an item. Is the item good or bad? Paws your game momentarily to reflect.

Thus, the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th and so on players to request an item will receive one.

There is no prohibition regarding sharing whether you received an item or not (and what it is) in the thread, but that might not be the best idea. You have until the end of Day 2 to request an item (if you want one). Items will be given by the end of Day 2. If you are an odd-number requestor, you will be told immediately.

This reads to me like items have the potential of being negative. It's possible that rather than lynch immunity, 3J has a vote penalty today.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I told you exactly what my item is an how I used it. I am not Mr. Gambit. Believe me or don't, but lynching me today will prove to be a waste of everyone's time. I guess the one silver lining is that it'd force everyone to then consider the civilian explanation I have attached to my decision, because it was the dang truth.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So far it's been nothing. Instead I have received a pile of votes, been told I am trying to control the thread, and left in a state of total confusion. I am literally begging everyone else to share their perspective on the matter.
This desperate tone meshes with that idea.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I told you exactly what my item is an how I used it. I am not Mr. Gambit. Believe me or don't, but lynching me today will prove to be a waste of everyone's time. I guess the one silver lining is that it'd force everyone to then consider the civilian explanation I have attached to my decision, because it was the dang truth.
Would you a consider a no lynch today a terrible thing?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So far it's been nothing. Instead I have received a pile of votes, been told I am trying to control the thread, and left in a state of total confusion. I am literally begging everyone else to share their perspective on the matter.
You are approaching Matt levels of tinfoil sir. Do whatever you think is best.

The desperation is a reflection of my extreme frustration that nobody was giving me decent feedback about my LC case despite my repeated requests.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I told you exactly what my item is an how I used it. I am not Mr. Gambit. Believe me or don't, but lynching me today will prove to be a waste of everyone's time. I guess the one silver lining is that it'd force everyone to then consider the civilian explanation I have attached to my decision, because it was the dang truth.
Would you a consider a no lynch today a terrible thing?
Yes.

No lynches are shit in 97% of circumstances. The civilians learn nothing or close to nothing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
You are approaching Matt levels of tinfoil sir. Do whatever you think is best.

The desperation is a reflection of my extreme frustration that nobody was giving me decent feedback about my LC case despite my repeated requests.
You keep calling all my stuff tinfoil in this game. And especially in this case, that's definitely not true. It's a pretty cut and dry circumstance in this case.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Then again, I'm not sure I believe in it. But it's not a tinfoil.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”